PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp notes / pressers

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Our boys are actually back on the field today! Get hype for veteran minicamp!

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/856914156569731077

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 46m46 minutes ago

CJ Anderson (knee surgery), Trevor Siemian (shoulder surgery) at minicamp participating in drills. Matt Paradis (hips) observing. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

K Brandon McManus was at #Broncos minicamp practice. He's been attending offseason workouts even though he hasn't signed his RFA tender.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 23m23 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo has a much better upper body this year. Looks like he's been lifting a lot of weights. #Broncos @1043TheFan

CJ Anderson having fun on the practice field. Bounce in his step, catching the ball cleanly. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 22m22 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian w/crisp throws on the first day of practice. Upper body moving well, doesn't look uncomfortable. #Broncos @1043TheFan

I can tell Paxton Lynch has been working on his footwork. Improved pass placement on day 1. Superb zip. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Hawgdriver
04-25-2017, 12:43 PM
#TySamTrain

Davii
04-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Improved pass placement on day 1. Superb zip.

They said the same thing about Manning on day 1. How long until Paxton's arm actually falls off? Over/under?

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 01:10 PM
#TySamTrain

Yeah, I saw Cecil toeing the company line there right away :lol:

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Vance Joseph presser:

Ian St. Clair‏ @IanStClair 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph said the #Broncos had a good first day on the field. They can't waste a day w/so only so many weeks

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos VJ said running football is must. Said CJ Anderson, Siemian full go @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago

Vance Joseph says "I'm very involved" when asked about how much he's involved with the #Broncos #NFLdraft @1043TheFan

#Broncos VJ on QBs. "Both working hard" ... No need to name starting LT today @DenverChannel

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Talib speaking now (always a treat):

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Aqib Talib "glad I can put it behind me" on no suspension. #Broncos @1043TheFan

#Broncos Talib said grateful wasn't disciplined for off field incident. Has changed how view guns @DenverChannel

Talib "our urgency is there. Honestly it wasn't there last year" #Broncos @1043TheFan

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Talib said there is "a sense of urgency". Last year we were in "recovery mode" @DenverChannel

Hawgdriver
04-25-2017, 01:39 PM
I heard this presser live. Talib is hilarious. I'm so happy he's on this team.

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Trevor Siemian:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago

Trevor Siemian says install is going well. #Broncos @1043TheFan "I feel good, good to knock the rust off"

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

"You can find a lot of completions in this offense" Trevor Siemian #Broncos @1043TheFan

Denver #Broncos Trevor Siemian said with new scheme thought practice "was a clean operation" @DenverChannel

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 02:03 PM
CJ Anderson:

CJ said he's 223 pounds. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Ian St. Clair‏ @IanStClair 4m4 minutes ago

@cjandersonb22 said he's running around full speed & isn't wearing a brace. He's close to 100 percent, really close for the #Broncos.

Ian St. Clair‏ @IanStClair 1m1 minute ago
Replying to @IanStClair @cjandersonb22

Anderson said he's been boxing. Came back to #Broncos camp at 223. Knows the weight he can play at it. Said he's boxed before w/@DemaryiusT.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 38s38 seconds ago

"Both [Lynch and Siemian] looked good today," C.J. Anderson said.

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Paxton Lynch was talking too, but there are almost no quotes on Twitter so maybe he didn't say anything interesting. I could only find this:

Ian St. Clair‏ @IanStClair 3m3 minutes ago

@PaxtonLynch said the new #Broncos offense looks really exciting. "Musgrave likes to push the ball down field."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5s5 seconds ago

#Broncos Paxton Lynch noticeably more confident. More comfortable He said feels like yesterday was drafted @DenverChannel

MOtorboat
04-25-2017, 05:50 PM
When I see Trevor Siemian say "You can find a lot of completions in this offense" I read "there's a lot of bubble screens" and I picture UR ramming his head against a wall.

NightTerror218
04-25-2017, 05:54 PM
When I see Trevor Siemian say "You can find a lot of completions in this offense" I read "there's a lot of bubble screens" and I picture UR ramming his head against a wall.

Bubble screens and deep passes....that is the offense. Since there is not slot guy on roster

VonDoom
04-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Bubble screens and deep passes....that is the offense. Since there is not slot guy on roster

Not yet, anyway ...

NightTerror218
04-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Not yet, anyway ...

#McCaffery

Elway will pull off magic and trade back into round 1 for McCaffery or a tackle. Why.....because he is elway.

underrated29
04-25-2017, 11:27 PM

It's not the bubble screen causes my annurisms. It's mccoys over use of them and his predictability of when he does.

2nd down and 7-8 = bubble screen. 3rd down 6-7 = bubble screen. Teams have tape of this. They figure it out and stop It. What does McCoy do? Calls another 9 bubble screens. Doesn't switch it up on down or distance or formation, same look, same play, same down and distance, every time. That's when I lose it.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I saw Cecil toeing the company line there right away :lol:

Cecil been lying about Sampro since the day he was drafted. Long/short, he did the radio broadcast of the draft and hated the pick when it was made...they went to commercial and he came back after the break and said he talked to a "scouting buddy" on break who said "they just drafted a 10-year ProBowler".

Ever since then he's been trying to say he's always had Sampro graded as a 1st round pick.

Lammey is a fraud.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:35 PM
It's not the bubble screen causes my annurisms. It's mccoys over use of them and his predictability of when he does.

2nd down and 7-8 = bubble screen. 3rd down 6-7 = bubble screen. Teams have tape of this. They figure it out and stop It. What does McCoy do? Calls another 9 bubble screens. Doesn't switch it up on down or distance or formation, same look, same play, same down and distance, every time. That's when I lose it.

McCoy runs shotgun 88%, bubble screens are his idea of a running game.

Btw, in his defense it kinda sounds like DT is the reason he called them so much.

underrated29
04-25-2017, 11:40 PM

No that's always first down. He always runs on first down. That's why we get 2nd and 7-8, then it's bubble time!
I hate McCoy

NightTerror218
04-25-2017, 11:42 PM

Btw, in his defense it kinda sounds like DT is the reason he called them so much.

He made Moreno a 1000 yard rusher and what 500 yards receiving

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:44 PM

I actually like McCoy a lot, thought he got a bad rap.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:45 PM
No that's always first down. He always runs on first down. That's why we get 2nd and 7-8, then it's bubble time!
I hate McCoy

I feel for you.

I think I love you.

Timmy!
04-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Anybody remember the 1st TD Peyton threw as a Bronco? Bubble screen, DT.

MOtorboat
04-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Anybody remember the 1st TD Peyton threw as a Bronco? Bubble screen, DT.

80 yards I believe.

Davii
04-26-2017, 09:55 AM

Kind of like running directly up the middle on 1st and 2nd down then trying a 25 yard throw on 3rd and 8 over and over all game?

underrated29
04-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Kind of like running directly up the middle on 1st and 2nd down then trying a 25 yard throw on 3rd and 8 over and over all game?

That is a bit upsetting

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Seen Vance micd up for practice, you can tell this guy is a leader of men and much more comfortable talking on the field with coaches and the guys vs talking to the media. He's like two totally different people. I have a good feeling about what Vance will bring out of alot of guys who weren't all that last year and for our star's I expect them to take it to another level.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 11:52 AM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 46m46 minutes ago

CJ Anderson (knee surgery), Trevor Siemian (shoulder surgery) at minicamp participating in drills. Matt Paradis (hips) observing. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

K Brandon McManus was at #Broncos minicamp practice. He's been attending offseason workouts even though he hasn't signed his RFA tender.

Ty Sambrailo has a much better upper body this year. Looks like he's been lifting a lot of weights. #Broncos @1043TheFan

CJ Anderson having fun on the practice field. Bounce in his step, catching the ball cleanly. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Trevor Siemian w/crisp throws on the first day of practice. Upper body moving well, doesn't look uncomfortable. #Broncos @1043TheFan

I can tell Paxton Lynch has been working on his footwork. Improved pass placement on day 1. Superb zip. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Come on Sambrello! We need you to emerge as a good LT so we can take Rueben Foster at 20 and have yet another all time elite defense like we had when we won the super bowl year before last. I have a feeling that type of defense can be had again this year especially with the upgrades on the DL. You are foster to the ILB slots with Marshall and things get very scary for opposing offenses. Pass rush?check run stopping?check great secondary?check

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm curious to see Sambo. It's encouraging to hear his upper body strength is improved. He didn't have time to develop that last year after the injury and it was obvious.

I'm looking forward to verifying with the eye test.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 11:57 AM

A guy with hands like Booker could have a solid season catching the ball.

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 01:17 PM
I heard this presser live. Talib is hilarious. I'm so happy he's on this team.

Dude is a freaking riot and everyone on the team respects him. I hear people suggesting we trade him and I just laugh.

VonDoom
04-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Some more pressers from today - Chris Harris:

#Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr likes what sees from D. "We have that juice.. That pep in our step back" @DenverChannel

@ChrisHarrisJr on the loud music at practice "Our new coach is hip" he said with a laugh. Said playlist was probably Pandora @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7s8 seconds ago

@ChrisHarrisJr praised Champ Bailey. Said admired his technique and that never missed a day of work @DenverChannel

VonDoom
04-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Emmanuel Sanders:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders said sees a lot of 2014 offense in new attack. "And that offense was wide receiver heaven" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos @ESanders_10 told me having that third weapon in red zone could be huge to open routes for he and DT @DenverChannel

#Broncos @ESanders_10 on what was thinking when drafted "when is that check going to hit my bank account. Just keeping it real"

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Some more pressers from today - Chris Harris:

#Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr likes what sees from D. "We have that juice.. That pep in our step back" @DenverChannel

@ChrisHarrisJr on the loud music at practice "Our new coach is hip" he said with a laugh. Said playlist was probably Pandora @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7s8 seconds ago

@ChrisHarrisJr praised Champ Bailey. Said admired his technique and that never missed a day of work @DenverChannel

Vance Joseph juice talk seems to be spreading amongst the player's.

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Vance Joseph juice talk seems to be spreading amongst the player's.

Yup, players seem to be buying into what he's selling and that's for sure important for this year to be a success. He wasn't my original choice, but I think he's going to be a really good choice for us in the long run.

VonDoom
04-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Von Miller:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos @Millerlite40 said Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett ready to step up. Said D holds itself accountable @Broncos

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 56s56 seconds ago

@Millerlite40 will be honored as Colorado Male Athlete of the Year tomorrow: He said "it's huge" and wants to enjoy these moments.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 9s9 seconds ago

Von said he remembers the relationships he made on draft weekend most. Does he wish he went No.1? "Super Bowl 50 MVP, right? I'm good."

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Yup, players seem to be buying into what he's selling and that's for sure important for this year to be a success. He wasn't my original choice, but I think he's going to be a really good choice for us in the long run.

Word up.

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Word up.

I was just having a discussion with a buddy of mine. He made the point that he needs to make good use of being a "leader of men" because he's not an X and O's guy, but really as long as he's not exerting control he doesn't have to be, he just has to get the player to buy in and give 100 percent. McCoy (as much as I'm not a fan of him) is a great X and O's guy, as are many on this coaching staff. As long as he leads the players and lets the coaches worry about the X's and O's, we're going to have a fantastic year.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 03:09 PM
I was just having a discussion with a buddy of mine. He made the point that he needs to make good use of being a "leader of men" because he's not an X and O's guy, but really as long as he's not exerting control he doesn't have to be, he just has to get the player to buy in and give 100 percent. McCoy (as much as I'm not a fan of him) is a great X and O's guy, as are many on this coaching staff. As long as he leads the players and lets the coaches worry about the X's and O's, we're going to have a fantastic year.

Yup, Since he was bright enough to surround himself with a very talented staff he puts himself in a position to do what he does best and that's have guy's running through a brick wall for him, leader of men. It's going to be great watching this team under Vance.

VonDoom
04-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Yup, Since he was bright enough to surround himself with a very talented staff he puts himself in a position to do what he does best and that's have guy's running through a brick wall for him, leader of men. It's going to be great watching this team under Vance.

I think he made a mention of it yesterday (not sure if I quoted it) that he was "bored" at practice because as a head coach, he didn't have much to do when the team was practicing. In other words, he gets them ready to go and sets up the game plan, but isn't involved in the details of each group (at least that's how I interpreted it). So as long as the position coaches are all on the same page, that's a perfectly fine organizational structure.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Definitely, he just roams around making sure it's being done right and he has some great one on one lines when he engages players. Him walking up and just standing with DT and said it feels good standing next to greatness (referring to DT). That is good stuff.

VonDoom
05-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Bradley Roby speaking today:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Roby, on his fifth-year option: "It feels good to get it out of the way ... I was happy to see it."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Roby: "I really like being here. I know how those things (contracts) go ... I take that as a compliment."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Bradley Roby @1043TheFan "I think (Coach Woods) will be even better looking over everything (defensively)"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

.@BradRoby_1 on @jcharles25: "When we played against him, I thought he was one of the best RBs in the league, if not THE best."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Roby: Jamaal Charles "is a mismatch against just about every linebacker ... he's a mismatch against safeties."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 41s42 seconds ago

Roby on playing w/ Talib, Harris: "I'm in a position where I can continue to learn and also go out there and show what I can do, as well."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 26s27 seconds ago

Roby -- no team has ever had the No. 1 pass defense three years in a row, so that's the goal.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 14s14 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I don't know anything about Butt. ... I am not expecting much because he went to Michigan," he said to laughs #rivalryreal

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now10 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I wasn't as focused in my training last year coming off Super Bowl. I have learned from that." @DenverChannel

Hawgdriver
05-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now10 seconds ago

#Broncos Roby "I wasn't as focused in my training last year coming off Super Bowl. I have learned from that." @DenverChannel

Nice.

VonDoom
05-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Shane Ray:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 59s60 seconds ago

Shane Ray: Ware's retirement "is very bittersweet for me." Says it's time to step up & apply what Ware taught him.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 41s42 seconds ago

#Broncos Shane Ray @1043TheFan "time for me to step up and handle my business"

#Broncos Ray says learning from @Millerlite40 and @DeMarcusWare leaves him aspiring to be an All-Pro. "Can't nobody block me a whole game."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now3 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray on Walker. "He made a lot of noise at Florida State. " Likes that he's versatile. @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe now6 seconds ago

Shane Ray said he hopes Garett Bolles is ready for practice vs. he & Von Miller. "We have big expectations for him."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now4 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray "Our run defense is something we lacked in last year. We added hogs. We are looking to step up there." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 23s23 seconds ago

Ray said the QBs sat 3 yds. back in pocket last year, making it tougher for edge rush to cause an impact. Expects DL additions to change it

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now8 seconds ago

#Broncos Ray "I love what I do. My mind is clear. I am ready for this. Now i expect to make plays all the time" @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver now

Shane Ray, on Jamaal Charles coming to Denver: "I know they're sick back home (in Kansas City) ... but for us, it's a great addition."

VonDoom
05-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Nice.

A lot of quotes from these pressers have had guys saying similar things. Who knows if that's true, but I want them to be hungry again, so I'm all for it if it motivates them.

Davii
05-03-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm excited!!!!

Can't wait for the opener!!!!

BroncoJoe
05-03-2017, 02:42 PM
I'm excited!!!!

Can't wait for the opener!!!!

Ditto!

Denver Native (Carol)
05-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Ray aims to establish dominance as pass rusher
Third-year linebacker Shane Ray says he wants to be a leader on defense in 2017, while becoming a dominant player himself.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ray-aims-to-establish-dominance-as-pass-rusher/54a3c98c-e2f4-461e-926f-6af5d883087a

Roby: 'I'm getting better every year'
Bradley Roby talks about the Broncos picking up his fifth-year option and how he aims to get better this season

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Roby-Im-getting-better-every-year/33279e72-df0f-4f4c-bf3b-37acda8f7c43

Denver Native (Carol)
05-06-2017, 01:39 PM
ENGLEWOOD - Matt Paradis played every Denver Broncos offensive snap last season and Connor McGovern played zero.

There is a backup plan this year that has one filling in for the other.

As Paradis recovers from offseason surgery on each hip this offseason, McGovern, a guard by professional trade, has been working at center.

Selected in the fifth round of the 2016 draft, McGovern spent his entire rookie season on the Broncos’ 53-man roster but never got the chance to dress on game day – not even in game 17 when the team was already eliminated from the playoffs.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/bronco-notes-mcgovern-working-at-center-bolles-and-roby-update/437354331

Simple Jaded
05-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Bout time they try to get a legit backup (and hopefully successor) to Paradis.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Bout time they try to get a legit backup (and hopefully successor) to Paradis.

Boulder is beautiful this time of year!

DT88TheGreat
05-06-2017, 10:13 PM
rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/bronco-notes-mcgovern-working-at-center-bolles-and-roby-update/437354331

Mcgovern at.center might.be the.best switch the oline coach came up with, his brute strength in the trenches would be great as long as his brain can handle the calls. Plus we don't know what paradis is going to come back like. Im really REALLY starting to like this new look OL.

Simple Jaded
05-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Boulder is beautiful this time of year!

I love potatoes.

Canmore
05-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Mcgovern at.center might.be the.best switch the oline coach came up with, his brute strength in the trenches would be great as long as his brain can handle the calls. Plus we don't know what paradis is going to come back like. Im really REALLY starting to like this new look OL.

I'm is written with an apostrophe. Thanks for the analysis.

MOtorboat
05-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Damn.

Canmore doesn't get salty very often. I like that.

Valar Morghulis
05-07-2017, 01:19 AM

Lol, savage!

Simple Jaded
05-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Super good Grahamar aint all its crack out to be.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2017, 02:08 AM
I always get the apostrophe after the s in someone's name wrong. Do you add another s, or not?

Canmore
05-07-2017, 02:31 AM
I always get the apostrophe after the s in someone's name wrong. Do you add another s, or not?

That is an Oxford versus Cambridge convention.

Simple Jaded
05-07-2017, 03:26 PM
That is an Oxford versus Cambridge convention.

Sooooooo.......?

DT88TheGreat
05-07-2017, 04:23 PM

What's an apostrophe

Cugel
05-07-2017, 06:40 PM
They said the same thing about Manning on day 1. How long until Paxton's arm actually falls off? Over/under?

Well, if Paxton lasts as long as Manning then, 4 years, 2 SBs and 1 SB win. I'd take that. :coffee:

Canmore
05-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Sooooooo.......?

Although I forget the precise origin of the disagreement, the upshot is that there is no real consensus on how apostrophe+s is supposed to be used. Some people think that Biblical or classical names ending in 's' should only have the apostrophe added, some think that all proper nouns ending in 's' should only have an apostrophe added, and some think that it should always be an apostrophe+s regardless of whether the noun is proper or common. Consequently, the best thing to do is just pick one style and stick with it. Someone, somewhere, is going to think you're wrong no matter what you do. Clear as mud?

Simple Jaded
05-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Although I forget the precise origin of the disagreement, the upshot is that there is no real consensus on how apostrophe+s is supposed to be used. Some people think that Biblical or classical names ending in 's' should only have the apostrophe added, some think that all proper nouns ending in 's' should only have an apostrophe added, and some think that it should always be an apostrophe+s regardless of whether the noun is proper or common. Consequently, the best thing to do is just pick one style and stick with it. Someone, somewhere, is going to think you're wrong no matter what you do. Clear as mud?

Pretty much what I was thinking...but not really.

Canmore
05-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Pretty much what I was thinking...but not really.

Pretty much what I think. That's why I'm a Biochemist.

Simple Jaded
05-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Pretty much what I think. That's why I'm a Biochemist.

I'm a construction worker, when it comes to English and punctuation I'm in the 99th percentile in my field.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm a construction worker, when it comes to English and punctuation I'm in the 99th percentile in my field.

What do you do?

Simple Jaded
05-08-2017, 08:00 PM
What do you do?

I'm doing mostly residential foundations.

Poet
05-08-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm doing mostly residential foundations.

Do you like it?

Simple Jaded
05-09-2017, 02:52 AM
Do you like it?

Money is good, though it'll never be what it was before G-dub, insurance holds you back.

VonDoom
05-09-2017, 01:04 PM
More pressers happening today - not sure if this still counts as minicamp technically, but no point in another thread I guess.

Max Garcia:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Max Garcia: The new OL mentality "pretty much means not taking crap from anybody."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

"I think I'll be able to use my physicality more. play more of a vertical game." #Broncos Max Garcia @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Max Garcia: New OL coach Jeff Davidson is "super hands-on ... a technician."

Max Garcia: "I think I'm going to be able to prosper more" ... feels like gap blocking will help him show his physicality.

Max Garcia praises the presence of Ron Leary & Menelik Watson. "You can't fake veteran leadership."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Max Garcia has been playing right guard. He's comfortable either side. @DenverChannel

Max Garcia: "I felt like I did better on the right side in my rookie year," but got comfortable at left guard last year, he said.

Max Garcia: "Once [Paradis] gets back, we're going to be rolling."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Garcia on offense. "We are ready to carry our weight and step up. We are ready to change our mentality." @DenverChannel

VonDoom
05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Ron Leary:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Ron Leary says he's "more comfortable on the left side."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Ron Leary on his fellow O-linemen: "I love them ... they want as much knowledge as I can give them, and I want knowledge from them."

#Broncos Ron Leary @1043TheFan "With CJ and Charles, we've got to be clean on our blocks. They'll make us look better."

#Broncos Leary "We are trying to get that mentality that we don't take anything from anybody" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 16s17 seconds ago

#Broncos Leary said of Bolles "He's a grown man. I asked him about a play, and he already knew it. He's in his playbook. That impressed me"

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 21s21 seconds ago

Ron Leary, on OL coach Jeff Davidson: "He treats us like grown men ... that's going to help our play, make us more responsible."

DT88TheGreat
05-09-2017, 03:46 PM
The broncos o line will be dominant just watch, and Jamaal Charles is going to be 100% healthy and running with a chip on his shoulder.

Cugel
05-09-2017, 04:20 PM
The broncos o line will be dominant just watch, and Jamaal Charles is going to be 100% healthy and running with a chip on his shoulder.

Yeah, and unlike CJ Anderson, it won't be a large chocolate chip and he won't eat it! :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Ron Leary excited to work with rookie Bolles
Guard Ron Leary discusses playing alongside rookie tackle Garett Bolles and the challenges of learning a new system.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ron-Leary-excited-to-work-with-rookie-Bolles/0c5ecd8e-edea-41a7-8400-f58792cb5a34

Garcia feeling comfortable among new teammates
Guard Max Garcia addressed the media Tuesday about his comfort level playing left and right guard.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Garcia_feeling_comfortable_among_new_teammates/b2bbc24a-06e5-44cc-b597-1d79f65983ba

Rick
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM
I am glad they are putting Leary next to Bolles, little bit of a security blanket on that side.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2017, 04:46 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Max Garcia wanted to make Ron Leary feel welcome and do the right thing for the team.

So even though Garcia started all 16 games at left guard last year, he offered to move to right guard, a position he played in spurts as a rookie in 2015 when he spelled then-starter Louis Vasquez throughout the season.

"I said I'd play right, just off the bat," Garcia said. "Whatever we have to do to be more comfortable."

Left guard is the position at which Leary started 47 games over the last four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, so it suits him well

"Obviously, I'm more comfortable on the left side, because that's where I've been pretty much my entire career in Dallas," Leary said. "We talked about it [with Offensive Line] Coach [Jeff] Davidson, and that's pretty much the direction we're going right now."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/For-Broncos-at-guard-its-Ron-Leary-on-the-left-and-Max-Garcia-on-the-right/40cc7345-d85c-4689-8ddb-fb7b16b48927

Hawgdriver
05-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Yeah, and unlike CJ Anderson, it won't be a large chocolate chip and he won't eat it! :laugh:

boo this man

VonDoom
05-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos HC Vance Joseph emceeing 49ers GM John Lynch's Salute the Stars award luncheon today. Nice warm day for the event.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 14m14 minutes ago

VJ said Chad Kelly should be cleared from wrist in August. Jamaal Charles, Jake Butt on similar rehab plans. Won't see them much until camp.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

VJ expects competition at every spot but particularly at RB. He said it's no longer a one-back league. You need 2-3 good ones to succeed.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
When Broncos veterans returned to the team’s facility last month to hear from their new head coach for the first time, Vance Joseph offered a simple and concise message — there’s no time to waste.

Work toward improving on their 9-7 season would started immediately.

When Broncos rookies arrived Thursday, Joseph offered a similar message. But his approach was tailored. Unlike in years past — and unlike the routine of most other NFL teams — the long-held rookie minicamp was scrapped for a three-day orientation.

The goal is to bring the Broncos’ youngest players up to speed with Denver’s system, its policies, league rules and the general life of being and acting like a pro before they attempt to do so on the field.

“In my opinion, the practices aren’t worth it when you have guys on the field who haven’t trained in a football place or hadn’t met with our coaches at all,”Joseph said Friday at the annual Salute the Stars luncheon hosted by John Lynch at Sports Authority Field. “In my opinion, having an orientation and having media training, having note taking and security training, NFL policy training — that’s really important for those guys. Before being a great player, those things have to be in place. It’s a good weekend. It’s split in half: It’s a day and a half of instruction as far as being an NFL player and a day and a half of practice.”

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/12/vance-joseph-broncos-rookie-camp/

Denver Native (Carol)
05-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Rookies hit the field for the first time
Here are the highlights from the Broncos rookies hitting the field for the first time.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Rookies_hit_the_field_for_the_first_time/f6a5762e-1d1a-493d-ae3e-ef12827eb70f

Broncos in 60: Saturday, May 13, 2017
On today's "Broncos in 60," rookies hit the practice fields for the first time on Saturday, including TE Jake Butt, as he works his way back from a torn ACL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos_in_60_Saturday_May_13_2017/adcee3f3-9917-4c30-b641-730edf483b24

Walker realizes dream on the field with Broncos
DeMarcus Walker discusses his first few days in a Broncos uniform, including his first time on the field with his rookie class.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Walker_realizes_dream_on_the_field_with_Broncos/c8eba3a9-726d-4181-86fb-df96198cbb8f

Bolles proud to put on his Broncos helmet
Garett Bolles reviews his first time on the field with the rookies, and why it means so much to him to wear the Broncos logo.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Bolles_proud_to_put_on_his_Broncos_helmet_/84b090a1-5c0c-4378-8219-b5154867a4c2

McKenzie on finding perfect fit with Denver
Broncos TV's Matt Boyer chats with rookie Isaiah McKenzie about his first few days with the team, and what it was like trying on Broncos gear for the first time.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/McKenzie_on_finding_perfect_fit_with_Denver/5275e384-f435-4bac-8e22-bcf87ef969e1

Joel
05-13-2017, 07:13 PM
I am glad they are putting Leary next to Bolles, little bit of a security blanket on that side.
Best for both, I suspect: Garcia's strength is a greater asset and his slow feet a lesser liability at RG, while Leary replacing him as our primary pulling G immediately transforms that from another big weakness to another big strength. Plus a better more experienced starter is there to help with Bolles' growing pains (particularly against the stunts and other inside pass rushes that always leave Garcia chasing his tail and blocking air.) That's the kind of synergy lines need to excel.

Simple Jaded
05-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Where's the ****ing Deebo thread?

Bring that redass home!

VonDoom
05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Derek Wolfe (always good for a quote):

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 35m35 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe #Broncos @1043TheFan "Walker is quick, fast, picking up the playbook really fast."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 34m34 minutes ago

Wolfe says that he and Domata Peko are tag-teaming on leadership in the D-line room.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 34m34 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe #Broncos @1043TheFan "I've got to take more of a leadership role. I'm not letting sh** slide this year."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 34m34 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe on D-line last year: "At the end of the day, we just didn't get it done. ... There's no excuse for that. It's bad football."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe: "With me, it's either a confrontation or a fist fight ... I'm learning how to not fight people."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 32m32 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe, on where he stands physically: "I'm great ... 20 lbs. heavier than last year ... my neck's healthy." Is at 305-310 lbs.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 32m32 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe #Broncos @1043TheFan "I've got a lot to say. This team has more heart than anybody, and we're going to prove it."

VonDoom
05-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Domata Peko:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Domata Peko says he tries to "lead by example" ... compares that with Wolfe, who is more of the vocal leader in the D-line room.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 31m31 minutes ago

Domata Peko #Broncos @1043TheFan "Derek is one of the hardest workers out here. I'm like that too"

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 31m31 minutes ago

.@DomataPeko: "I want to get a ring. I want a championship. That's what keeps me going."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos Peko said cousin Kyle good dude. Knows his dad better because they are closer in age. "Kyle was 13 when my career started"

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 29m29 minutes ago

Domata Peko #Broncos @1043TheFan "What I love about coach Bill [Kollar] is that he's got no favorites."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

Peko said in Cincinnati that all talk was about winning a playoff game. "Here it's about winning a championships." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 28m28 minutes ago

Domata Peko: "With the guys that we have, we're going to have a good rotation." Says the competition is "good" right now.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 27m27 minutes ago

Domata Peko #Broncos @1043TheFan "Gotsis seems like a whole different player from last year. We call him little Wolfe."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago

Domata Peko: "I signed a two-year deal, so I know I've got two good years for y'all."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 27m27 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe said flat out he's not nice to rookies. Domata Peko?
"I just call them by number until they make the team ...I try to be nice"

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago

Domata Peko says he'll work at NT. "It's a little bit different now, 3-4 compared to the 4-3."

Jsteve01
05-16-2017, 02:09 PM
i like this

"Gotsis seems like a whole different player from last year. We call him little Wolfe."

Denver Native (Carol)
05-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Peko: 'I still have the hunger'
Domata Peko talks about playing with passion as he heads into his 12th season and how coming to Denver gave him a boost.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Peko-I-still-have-the-hunger/bb8716f1-b542-4fa5-87d7-daafeec45baf

Healthy Wolfe to be more vocal in 2017
Derek Wolfe talks about being more of a leader this year and how he gained 20 pounds this offseason.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Healthy-Wolfe-to-be-more-vocal-in-2017/3c64b834-e690-4cbb-8910-b42316c95308

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Wolfe at 305? I'm eager to see it.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Wolfe at 35? I'm eager to see it.

35 lbs? He'd be dead you sick ****.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2017, 12:08 AM
35 lbs? He'd be dead you sick ****.

So I forgot a zero, jeesh, unforgiving crowd

Simple Jaded
05-17-2017, 12:12 AM
So I forgot a zero, jeesh, unforgiving crowd

350 lbs? The **** is wrong with you dude?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2017, 12:14 AM
350 lbs? The **** is wrong with you dude?
5 horsepill antibiotics a day for the last 4 days is what's wrong with me.

Poet
05-17-2017, 12:18 AM

I hope you're okay, friend.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-17-2017, 09:21 AM
I hope you're okay, friend.
Thanks man, I'm getting better

Simple Jaded
05-17-2017, 11:44 PM

The clap?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-18-2017, 12:25 AM
The clap?

Diverticulitis

DT88TheGreat
05-18-2017, 02:51 AM
What is going on here. What player has the clap? Not a good start to organize activities with players have the clap. Mini camp notes of doom.

Joel
05-18-2017, 09:09 AM
*clap... clap... clap...*

Simple Jaded
05-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Diverticulitis

Is that the clinical term for the clap?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Is that the clinical term for the clap?

Negative ghost rider

Simple Jaded