PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Cardinals: The Paxton Lynch Possibility

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Arizona Cardinals: The Paxton Lynch Possibility

https://raisingzona.com/2017/04/22/arizona-cardinals-paxton-lynch-possibility/

With rumors swirling, will the Arizona Cardinals attempt to trade for Paxton Lynch?

Recently I have seen many Instagram and Twitter posts about a possible trade between the Arizona Cardinals and the Denver Broncos. While I am not sure of the credibility of these rumors, it was interesting enough to stir up conversations between fans and a lot of thought from myself.

The supposed trade consists of the Cardinals trading their 13th overall draft choice to Denver for Paxton Lynch and a third-rounder. This trade would give Denver a chance to land Christian McCaffrey, and it would give Arizona another third round choice that Keim and Arians love (along with a future QB).

This trade makes sense on paper, but a lot would need to happen to make Keim pull the trigger. First, both teams would have to be interested. Whatever quarterback, or overall player, the Cardinals wanted would have to already be off the board.

Cugel
04-23-2017, 10:48 PM
Man, that's dumb. You hear the most idiotic stories this time of year, but that one was da ultra dumb. They should give up on Paxton Lynch before even figuring out if he can be a franchise QB? And if Denver was willing to walk away from their 1st round pick of a year ago, whom they traded up to get, why would Arizona want him that badly?

Wouldn't that be pretty damning evidence that Paxton was a bust if Denver were willing to give up on him so soon? Wouldn't that make you more likely NOT to want to trade for him if you're the Cardinals?

If AZ thinks they need a QB that badly, why not draft DeShaun Watson at #13? Why take a risk on a guy some other team has already given up on?

None of that makes the remotest sense. Denver isn't giving up on Paxton before they can even develop him and see if he could be a long term answer at QB!

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 10:59 PM
elway wants the caff! make it happen!

FanInAZ
04-23-2017, 11:25 PM
According to a source that has direct access to coach Arians:

The Cardinals can light up scoreboards with Palmer behind center, but the team has to address the future of the position.

Arizona has eight picks in this year’s draft, including the No. 13 overall pick. Arians believes there are five or six quarterbacks in this draft that have the potential to become starters, but Keim said the Cardinals won’t take a quarterback unless a player they’ve identified as a viable successor to Palmer is on the board.

“When you get into a situation where you panic and force the pick, it will set us back from an organizational standpoint four or five years,” Keim said.

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/35200317/cardinals-have-eye-on-quarterbacks-in-upcoming-nfl-draft

I guess the same would apply if the Cards, &/or Elway, wouldn't wanting to panic and force a bad trade.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Paxton Lynch and a 3rd for Christian McCaffrey? Weapons grade stupid.

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 11:31 PM
weapons grade awesome for when they draft Watson at 20

Simple Jaded
04-23-2017, 11:33 PM
weapons grade awesome for when they draft Watson at 20

Another shit spread QB at 20 and two starters for a gadget RB? That's even more stupid, no offense.

But wait...lemme guess...Watson has the "It factor"?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Perhaps if there was any other option at QB besides Siemian it's an interesting proposition, but as far as I'm concerned, Siemian is a placeholder. He's not the future franchise QB of the Broncos. You either have a franchise QB or you need one. Maybe Lynch is that guy, maybe not, but I'm pretty darned confident that Siemian is not, nor will he ever be, a franchise QB in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Btw, once you do the math, it's two 1st round picks (#26 last year and 13th this draft) and two 3rds (trade up last year and this year) for a gadget RB...tell me you all understand how ****in stupid that is?

Poet
04-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Jaded has entered the arena and is not ******* around.

I'd be open to the trade (everyone is tradeable) but if we did it to secure a RB I would think it's stupid.

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Another shit spread QB at 20 and two starters for a gadget RB? That's even more stupid, no offense.

"Micheal Jordan" As Dabo puts it

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 11:45 PM
If Broncos dont like Lynch work habits, then i could see it.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2017, 11:46 PM
"Micheal Jordan" As Dabo puts it

MJ my pimpled white ass!

How bout we make sure he's not the Next Dion Jordan before we anoint him the GOAT.

ShaneFalco
04-23-2017, 11:48 PM
MJ is coming to Denver! Along with the Caff!

Two best players on offense this year!

Simple Jaded
04-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Actually, I'd rather have MJ at QB than any QB in this draft.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Btw, if the Cards trade for Paxton Lynch what does that do to their credibility?

On the other hand, if the Cards would rather have Lynch than Watson why wouldn't the team that already invested a 1st and a 3rd? Or, for that matter, why wouldn't any other QB-needy team, like say...the Jets at 8? Or the Browns at 1?

If the Broncos really wanna make sure they get McCaffrey they better go all Mike Ditka and eliminate any chance of losing him to another (galactically stupid) team.

ShaneFalco
04-24-2017, 12:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3rdfI28s0

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Haha, JavaScript disabled. I put your videos on ignore, chump sucka foo.

Nany nany, boo boo...stick your head in doo doo.

Northman
04-24-2017, 05:17 AM
I didnt read through the thread yet so i can only guess as to how the conversations have gone but my initial post is like this,

Much like Tebow, you dont draft a guy and then not allow him to play to see at least what he has. Obviously, if the rumors are true and Paxton's work ethic are horrible than that can change the attitude of the FO to try and off load him. But, then what happens is this becomes a black mark for Elway and company because it means you didnt do your homework and research before drafting the guy to begin with. But if you were sold on him as your #1 pick than you should at the very least see what he can do on the field (for more than 2 games). Dont know how serious this trade rumor is but i would be very surprised if it was actually true, and if it is it means Paxton was a massively wasted pick for us.

Northman
04-24-2017, 05:20 AM
Jaded has entered the arena and is not ******* around.

I'd be open to the trade (everyone is tradeable) but if we did it to secure a RB I would think it's stupid.

McCaffery is a playmaker though, not your ordinary RB. He can bring a lot to the table, a lot more (at this stage) than a first round QB sitting on the bench and unable to unseat the backup QB. IMO

Ziggy
04-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Paxton was a guy that needed to sit for a year coming out of college. He was a project with a huge upside. He was a spread QB who needed to work on his footwork. Not only did he do that, but he hired a private coach in the offseason to work on mechanics and footwork on his own. He needs another year to evaluate what kind of QB he really is. I think he starts this year. If not, then it's time to talk about trading him. Had he stayed in college, he'd more than likely be the consensus #1 pick in this draft.

WARHORSE
04-24-2017, 08:00 AM
If you're convinced Trevor is going to be the man over Lynch, then I can see Elway parting ways with him but only for the Cards pick straight up.

Nomad
04-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Arians did have a lot of interest in Lynch last year to be Palmer's successor, then the BRONCOS moved up to get him. I believe that, and the so-called Elway infatuation for CMac, makes for a good rumor mill.

weazel
04-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Shane's posts make me laugh, then I feel sad.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Man, that's dumb. You hear the most idiotic stories this time of year, but that one was da ultra dumb. They should give up on Paxton Lynch before even figuring out if he can be a franchise QB? And if Denver was willing to walk away from their 1st round pick of a year ago, whom they traded up to get, why would Arizona want him that badly?

Wouldn't that be pretty damning evidence that Paxton was a bust if Denver were willing to give up on him so soon? Wouldn't that make you more likely NOT to want to trade for him if you're the Cardinals?

If AZ thinks they need a QB that badly, why not draft DeShaun Watson at #13? Why take a risk on a guy some other team has already given up on?

None of that makes the remotest sense. Denver isn't giving up on Paxton before they can even develop him and see if he could be a long term answer at QB!

I mean to play devil's advocate here...They've seen him, know what he's capable of and if the rumors surrounding his work ethic are true (probably are not) then it would make sense that they take that kind of an offer for him.

This is likely just a dumb rumor with zero substance, but it's not totally unthinkable that the FO has already made up their mind on Paxton.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Paxton is worth Arizona's number one pick this year

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 09:29 AM
Paxton is worth Arizona's number one pick this year

I doubt we even consider such a trade, but can you imagine the sheer pandemonium around here if it happened. People would lose their minds :D It'd be fun to see happen live.

This is basically fan speculation. I can see the logic in it, but it's just fan talk with no substance.

Besides, once we made that trade, we'd have to package the two firsts together to move up EVEN FURTHER to get Mini-Mac because he'll be gone by the panthers if not sooner.

But we could grab Watson and an LT to block for him so...

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 09:43 AM
I doubt we even consider such a trade, but can you imagine the sheer pandemonium around here if it happened. People would lose their minds :D It'd be fun to see happen live.

This is basically fan speculation. I can see the logic in it, but it's just fan talk with no substance.

Besides, once we made that trade, we'd have to package the two firsts together to move up EVEN FURTHER to get Mini-Mac because he'll be gone by the panthers if not sooner.

But we could grab Watson and an LT to block for him so...

You could do great things with a 12 and a 20. . as long as it's not using both to reach for a single player.... You could get two of these guys...Reddick, Foster, Bolles, Peppers, Ross, Howard, Njoku, McDowell, Davis, McCaf. . what a freaking move that would be.

Flipping last years #26 for this years #12 is great value. Broncos would do it in a heartbeat. Especially with a QB situation that demands split reps and distraction.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 09:59 AM
You could do great things with a 12 and a 20. . as long as it's not using both to reach for a single player.... You could get two of these guys...Reddick, Foster, Bolles, Peppers, Ross, Howard, Njoku, McDowell, Davis, McCaf. . what a freaking move that would be.

Flipping last years #26 for this years #12 is great value. Broncos would do it in a heartbeat. Especially with a QB situation that demands split reps and distraction.

What's the old saying? If you have two QB's, you have no QB's. A QB competition is rarely a good thing, it's better to have it resolved and have one clear-cut starter getting all of the reps and a backup. I agree that there is a hell of a lot we can do with those two picks, I just know we are enamored with C-Mac (heck, I am too)

Unless he falls past the Panthers, we won't likely see him in orange and blue. There are rumors that the Jags want him as the first RB off the board at #4.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 11:59 AM
I don't think this is even a rumor.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 12:12 PM

No, it's fan speculation, nothing more.

CoachChaz
04-24-2017, 12:13 PM
God I pray Jax takes Fournette and Carolina takes McCaffrey. End the nonsense early.

NightTerror218
04-24-2017, 12:34 PM
McCaffery is a playmaker though, not your ordinary RB. He can bring a lot to the table, a lot more (at this stage) than a first round QB sitting on the bench and unable to unseat the backup QB. IMO

I look at mccaffery as a runner mid to low 2nd round ability. Add his receiving ability and he is now high to mid 2nd round ability. Add in his return ability and now he has 1st round potential.

A gadget RB is hillman. Who has speed but is a 3rd down back. He has be used for special offensive plays here and there.

McCaffery is an offensive weapon. He can be split out to slot. Line in back field. He can be played on slow LB. He is a gem for a good OC. Imagine what belicheat would do with him. He would be a scarier version of wes welker because you must account for him at all times and he can sneak out of backfield.

And he can fill the returner hole.

slim
04-24-2017, 12:38 PM

It is now.

VonDoom
04-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I'm on Twitter a lot for NFL news and I had never heard anything about this "rumor" until I saw this thread.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM
It is now.

I contend that it still isn't...

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM
God I pray Jax takes Fournette and Carolina takes McCaffrey. End the nonsense early.

That's likely what will happen (though, there is starting to be talk that it happens in reverse order of what you posted)

slim
04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I contend that it still isn't...

I contend that you should shut the **** up.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
I'd be surprised if two running backs went that high. Maybe it speaks to the quality at other positions, I don't know. That just goes against what seems to be the prevailing theory on the position the last 10 years.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 01:10 PM
I contend that you should shut the **** up.

I disagree.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 01:13 PM
I'd be surprised if two running backs went that high. Maybe it speaks to the quality at other positions, I don't know. That just goes against what seems to be the prevailing theory on the position the last 10 years.

I think that's exactly what it is honestly. This draft is so mediocre across the board. There are a few elite players peppered throughout the draft, but for the most part, there is no depth to the draft, it's all high end talent, no middle or late talent. There is a big drop off from the guys who are going early to even the guys who are going in the 2nd or 3rd round. Just no depth in this draft at all and the "high end" guys probably would be 2nd or 3rd rounders in most normal drafts.

Poet
04-24-2017, 02:26 PM

Why don't you like the Caff?

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 02:35 PM
McCalf is more of a device RB than a gadget RB. I wish people would quit getting this wrong. A gadget RB breaks immediately after the warranty because gadgets are space-age and fancy but not known for their durability.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 02:37 PM
And this is when I tune out forums, social media, and media outlets on tv until draft day lol, you start hearing the dumbest trade ideas ever around this time. The Broncos are going to trade there most talented quarterback, for a RB and pretty much stick themselves with Trevor the rest of the way in a offense that does not even fit Trevor skill set.

See you guy's on draft day! I am so looking forward to it, but I have no desire for all the crazy trade talk that's obviously coming. What would a QB guy like Arians want with a QB with a poor work ethic that they would give up #13 for him? Smh

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 02:44 PM
I mean to play devil's advocate here...They've seen him, know what he's capable of and if the rumors surrounding his work ethic are true (probably are not) then it would make sense that they take that kind of an offer for him.

This is likely just a dumb rumor with zero substance, but it's not totally unthinkable that the FO has already made up their mind on Paxton.

You trade up in the first to draft a QB and then during the off season while he's working his ass off you deem his work ethic an issue? Does thjs even make a ounce of sense? Do you know how much of a joke Elway would look like as a GM? It's almost disrespectful to entertain these kind of BS stories because it makes elway and company look dumb.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 02:45 PM

Honestly the hard on for mccfrey is making me not even like the kid, people are willing to do anything and say anything for a RB who is a dime a dozen.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 03:01 PM
You trade up in the first to draft a QB and then during the off season while he's working his ass off you deem his work ethic an issue? Does thjs even make a ounce of sense? Do you know how much of a joke Elway would look like as a GM? It's almost disrespectful to entertain these kind of BS stories because it makes elway and company look dumb.

How do you know he's "working his ass off"? I have heard reports that he's never first in first out like other people. Unless you are physically in Dove Valley watching it, you have no more idea than I do. It's all speculation based off what is being reported and there are a lot more negative reports about his work ethics than there are positive ones.

It's all speculation, but if the reports of poor work ethic are true then it's not disrespectful at all. You are taking a late first rounder from last year and turning it into a early first this year. Again, that's only if the reports of work ethic are true and I have no idea if they are.

I think you are taking this speculation just a tad bit too personally and just need to take a step back man.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Honestly the hard on for mccfrey is making me not even like the kid, people are willing to do anything and say anything for a RB who is a dime a dozen.

And a lot of other people are dismissing him out of hand just because they don't share someone's opinion. It's ok to not like him, some of us really do. I kind of prefer not being mindless drones who are always in agreement.

Poet
04-24-2017, 03:02 PM
People have confirmed, or publicly stated, that he is working his ass off. That should mean something. The accounts of him not working hard were unsourced - that doesn't mean they're wrong as who is going to throw him under the bus- and that does deserve some thought, too.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 03:19 PM
It's all speculation both ways, you are right, there are some people who have spoke up publicly, that means something. Regardless...It's all discussion, we are on a discussion board. There is nothing "disrespectful" about entertaining a discussion during the days leading up to the draft. Nothing in this thread warrants panties being bunched.

It's all just idle talk while we wait for the action to begin and has zero impact on what will really happen.

I personally doubt we trade Lynch, but it's not the stupidest idea in the world IF the FO doesn't think he's the guy. If they are set on TS (which again...is totally up in the air) then you try and get something out of Lynch while his stock is at its highest (now) rather than waiting 2-3 years when he's worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick because he never lived up to his potential.

Again, it's all just discussion between fans while we wait for the real thing to take place.

Poet
04-24-2017, 03:21 PM
I tend to believe that he's working hard right now - because those reports can account for that.

I'm not convinced one way or the other in regards to last season. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm not writing him off either, I'm just saying it's not preposterous to think it could happen. Regardless, it isn't likely either. Until more concrete talk starts coming (for example someone like Schefter, kizla, ect... talking about it) it's just some fan saying "hey guys, what do you think of this trade"

It's not likely, it's fun to talk about what ifs in the offseason. It's for sure nothing to get riled up and upset about as if we just insulted Elway's dog or something.

Poet
04-24-2017, 03:38 PM
I think we're doing the thing where we agree with one another but we're using different words.

This is all your fault you time wasting son of a bitch!!!!!11111!1!11!111!11!11!!1!11!oneoneone

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-24-2017, 03:59 PM

This standard would eliminate half the threads on the message board.

OrangeHoof
04-24-2017, 04:26 PM

That would be so cool to have no left tackle and only one QB on the roster ... but just LOOK at the other weapons we'll have amassed. Championship!

slim
04-24-2017, 05:00 PM
I disagree.

My offer is non negotiable

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 05:26 PM
My offer is non negotiable

Sure it's negotiable.

slim
04-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Sure it's negotiable.

I'm listening.

Poet
04-24-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm listening.

Own this moment.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm listening.

Like, I refuse to shut the **** up. So...

slim
04-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Like, I refuse to shut the **** up. So...

I disagree

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 05:43 PM
I disagree

I think you lost this round. I'll let you win another one.

slim
04-24-2017, 05:45 PM
I think you lost this round. I'll let you win another one.

Blow me and shut the **** up.

Poet
04-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Slim is just a shell of what he once was.

slim
04-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Slim is just a shell of what he once was.

I am flawed, but I am happy.

Give me two sentences on Jarrad Davis

CoachChaz
04-24-2017, 05:58 PM
Why don't you like the Caff?

I like him...i would just never spend a 1st round pick on Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush 2.0

Poet
I am flawed, but I am happy.

Give me two sentences on Jarrad Davis

His flaw seems to be that he over pursues running plays and isn't disciplined at times. His strength is that he's athletic to a high degree -even in comparison to his peers- and still can blow up runners.

MOtorboat
Blow me and shut the **** up.

No.

Poet
I like him...i would just never spend a 1st round pick on Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush 2.0

I wish I was as savvy as you, Mr. Chaz.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:00 PM

You wouldn't spend a 1 on sproles?

I would.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:01 PM
His flaw seems to be that he over pursues running plays and isn't disciplined at times. His strength is that he's athletic to a high degree -even in comparison to his peers- and still can blow up runners.

Is he a better prospect than Reddick?

Poet
04-24-2017, 06:03 PM

I'm not sure, Slim. Davis reminds me of a smaller Burfict in terms of talent. Not as big, but a little faster.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure, Slim. Davis reminds me of a smaller Burfict in terms of talent. Not as big, but a little faster.

Did anyone sign Rey Magurmaama?

Poet
04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Did anyone sign Rey Magurmaama?

I'm not sure - he's horrible at this stage in his career, though.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 06:07 PM

no.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:07 PM

I would.

What? No.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:09 PM
no.

Why do you think this?

chazoe60
04-24-2017, 06:14 PM

I would.

What? No.

19000 career all purpose yards and 61 career TDs. To say you wouldn't draft Sproles in the first round is just foolish.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:18 PM
What? No.

He is a three time pro bowler and all pro. He has been a legit player for a decade and scored 60 TD.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:19 PM
19000 career all purpose yards and 61 career TDs. To say you wouldn't draft Sproles in the first round is just foolish.

He averaged 400 offensive yards and 2 touchdowns in his first fives seasons with the Chargers. If the Broncos had drafted that in the first round people would be screaming bloody murder. Moreno was light years better than that and everyone hates him. His entire career he's averaged 700 offensive yards per season.

He reinvented himself later on in his career and has been productive, but he wasn't a first round pick and isn't a first round pick if you had to do it again.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:20 PM
You don't take return specialists in the first round.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 06:22 PM
He averaged 400 offensive yards and 2 touchdowns in his first fives seasons with the Chargers. If the Broncos had drafted that in the first round people would be screaming bloody murder. Moreno was light years better than that and everyone hates him. His entire career he's averaged 700 offensive yards per season.

He reinvented himself later on in his career and has been productive, but he wasn't a first round pick and isn't a first round pick if you had to do it again.

I don't agree with this, just based on the NFL eye test. I could care less about the stats, but they make the case rock solid.

slim
04-24-2017, 06:22 PM
I wonder what Marcus Nash is doing.

Mo wants to draft him.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:26 PM
I don't agree with this, just based on the NFL eye test. I could care less about the stats, but they make the case rock solid.

Really? Sproles was a fourth round draft pick. That's the type of place I'd expect to find a player like that. You don't want to take return specialists in the first round. I'm not saying McCaffrey is a return specialist, I don't think he is, and I think he's a better player than Sproles. I'm just surprised you would think Sproles is a first-round type player.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:27 PM
I wonder what Marcus Nash is doing.

Mo wants to draft him.

What?

slim
04-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Really? Sproles was a fourth round draft pick. That's the type of place I'd expect to find a player like that. You don't want to take return specialists in the first round. I'm not saying McCaffrey is a return specialist, I don't think he is, and I think he's a better player than Sproles. I'm just surprised you would think Sproles is a first-round type player.

50 of his TDs came as RB/WR.

He is more than a return specialist.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 06:34 PM

It's so boom-or-bust developing and demonstrating those skills at NFL level--location independent playmaking. I just remember hearing so many times during Broncos games the commentator would say, pre-snap, "Sproles in the backfield," and so on. Then it's GG because mismatch + playmaker. In hindsight you draft him in the first because he proved to be that rare, defensive-coordinator-goes-apoplectic dude like DeSean, McCoy, Hill, Westbrook, and so on. All them dudes went later than 1st round, but seems like errbody wants one of 'em, if we're honest about it. So maybe we think CMac is really likely to be one of those guys, whereas it was really low probability for those other dudes. You just didn't know . . . because college football.

Just my thoughts.

Nomad
04-24-2017, 06:40 PM
A lot of heartache around here when CMac is not drafted by the BRONCOS.

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:40 PM
It's so boom-or-bust developing and demonstrating those skills at NFL level--location independent playmaking. I just remember hearing so many times during Broncos games the commentator would say, pre-snap, "Sproles in the backfield," and so on. Then it's GG because mismatch + playmaker. In hindsight you draft him in the first because he proved to be that rare, defensive-coordinator-goes-apoplectic dude like DeSean, McCoy, Hill, Westbrook, and so on. All them dudes went later than 1st round, but seems like errbody wants one of 'em, if we're honest about it. So maybe we think CMac is really likely to be one of those guys, whereas it was really low probability for those other dudes. You just didn't know . . . because college football.

Just my thoughts.

I certainly think if you went and re-drafted the 2005 class, he'd be higher than where he was drafted. I just think I'd be hard-pressed to say he was a first-round player even then.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Trade a shit spread QB and a 3...then draft a gadget RB and another shit spread QB. Sounds like something Josh McDaniels would do.

#Doogiethangs

MOtorboat
04-24-2017, 06:41 PM
50 of his TDs came as RB/WR.

He is more than a return specialist.

That's 4.5 TDs a year...

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 06:45 PM

How does the cost suit you? Forget the 20th pick, this trade scenario is Basically spending Two 1's and Two 2's on a 5-11/200 luxury?

Btw, there's playmakers like David Njoku too, won't cost four core starters either.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 06:48 PM
I'd take CMac at 20. End of story.

Or is it...?

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 06:56 PM
I'd take CMac at 20. End of story.

Or is it...?

So would Elway, that's the problem.

Freyaka
04-24-2017, 07:00 PM

That's not his fault, that's the chargers fault for being too stupid to use him properly, his numbers would be even higher if he'd been properly utilized his entire career.

UnderArmour
04-24-2017, 07:02 PM
IMO, Trevor Siemian for Sheldon Richardson is MUCH more likely. The only way Paxton gets traded is if Brock back to Denver becomes a reality, in which case either QB could be traded.

slim
04-24-2017, 07:10 PM
That's 4.5 TDs a year...

He is a playmaker.

He has scored more TD than Ed McCaffery and nearly as many as Rod Smith.

Both were worthy of 1st round picks in the final analysis.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 07:22 PM

Eye test or not, production is production and sproles was below average for 5 years, and he still doesn't warrant a 1st round pick.

Poet
04-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Well Sproles sat behind Michael Turner and was only used as a third down back for sometime. We know he he turned into one of the more dynamic players in the league. Ergo, given the opporunity, he probably makes it. Compare his production to a lot of other first rounders and he looks that much better, too. It's not an unfair thought to say he'd be a true first rounder.

slim
04-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Any player that scores 60+ TD is worth a 1.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Eye test or not, production is production and sproles was below average for 5 years, and he still doesn't warrant a 1st round pick.

If you want to be year specific for production and not the type of player he proved to be when used in proper role, sure. No team wants to use a draft pick on someone who ends up producing in their contracts with other teams.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Apparently Ed McCaffrey is overrated too.

slim
04-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Apparently Ed McCaffrey is overrated too.

I kill u

slim
04-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Do you guys remember 9/10?

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:31 PM
I kill u

I like Easy Ed.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:32 PM

His leg flopping around like a fish outta water?

slim
04-24-2017, 07:33 PM
His leg flopping around like a fish outta water?

Yes.

I love that man.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Yes.

I love that man.

Still overrated.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Btw, didn't I hear that Easy Ed got dumped for Broncos radio color analyst?

slim
04-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Still overrated.

I hate you.

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:38 PM
I hate you.

It's my dope ass swag, isn't it?

slim
04-24-2017, 07:39 PM
It's my dope ass swag, isn't it?

No. It's just you

Simple Jaded
04-24-2017, 07:41 PM
No. It's just you

Don't hate the playa...

slim
04-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Don't hate the playa...

I don't. I hate you.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 08:00 PM
How do you know he's "working his ass off"? I have heard reports that he's never first in first out like other people. Unless you are physically in Dove Valley watching it, you have no more idea than I do. It's all speculation based off what is being reported and there are a lot more negative reports about his work ethics than there are positive ones.

It's all speculation, but if the reports of poor work ethic are true then it's not disrespectful at all. You are taking a late first rounder from last year and turning it into a early first this year. Again, that's only if the reports of work ethic are true and I have no idea if they are.

I think you are taking this speculation just a tad bit too personally and just need to take a step back man.

He's been first in last out since off season work outs started this year, and he's been working with a qb coach since the season ended. Something tells me you elect to ignore the obvious facts but yet entertain dumb made up articles. You actually posted an article from some Dallas cowboy beat writer because it was bashing lynch didn't you? Mr.clickbait.

Poet
04-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Are you Yashala or Lynch12?

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Are you Yashala or Lynch12?

I am a guy who recognizes a bias when I see it, I don't think either of them have proven to be franchise guy's, but I am not going to go seeking out article's that bash Paxton or Trevor because I have a bias towards one or the other. If that's yash or lynch12 then yes that is me.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Of course you would accuse me of being somebody else just because some ownage is going on in the thread about Cam Robinson, you have to take the L in a debate when it's a justified L man. No need too take it personal it's just football talk.

Poet
04-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Of course you would accuse me of being somebody else just because some ownage is going on in the thread about Cam Robinson, you have to take the L in a debate when it's a justified L man. No need too take it personal it's just football talk.

Are you high?

I'm open to someone being high on Robinson, but what you presented isn't persuasive to anyone but you. You've essentially argued that 'well for most of the snaps he didn't give up anything' so he won.

I rush against you 40 times. I get one sack. I do that each game. I get 16 sacks a game. I'm going to be on Pro Bowl and All Pro rosters. That's literally if I only get a sack a game. That's what you're not getting - most pass rushers don't 'produce' a bunch of stats a game. That's now how it works.

And FFS Freyaka and I have been back and forth on Lynch and TS a billion times. Of course it's not personal. You just happen to post a lot like both Yashala and Lynch12.

DT88TheGreat
04-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Who cares If you go to the pro bowl? You get one sack in the first quarter, you go on to get owned the entire rest of the game as you are blown out 33-14, and you are so ineffective that your coach throws in the towel and moves you to the RT side while im laughing straight to the bank as Cam Robinson did vs Garrett.

Hawgdriver
04-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Von is a beast. Some games he'll get no sack but he still beasted.

I'm not that confident in Cam tbh. But at least he is more than a one-year guy, and we have some tape against top comp. He's adequate-ish. I'd go for it unless BPA was in effect.

Worst case, you got an Osemele type guard, and those dudes command some quan in FA.

Poet
04-24-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm content with a LT - I'd be happier if that magical trade happened and we could go true BPA.

Poet
04-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Von is a beast. Some games he'll get no sack but he still beasted.

I'm not that confident in Cam tbh. But at least he is more than a one-year guy, and we have some tape against top comp. He's adequate-ish. I'd go for it unless BPA was in effect.

Worst case, you got an Osemele type guard, and those dudes command some quan in FA.

Yep - I'm just saying the notion that...you know what...I know you get it...

You fancy *****.

Jsteve01
04-24-2017, 11:23 PM
What the what the? No way this deal happens. You can't make that move when you got an unproven third-year guy who's coming off of multiple injuries. And yes Cam Robinson does a right tackle a guard I'm just not sold on his ability to play tackle

Freyaka
04-25-2017, 06:38 AM
He's been first in last out since off season work outs started this year, and he's been working with a qb coach since the season ended. Something tells me you elect to ignore the obvious facts but yet entertain dumb made up articles. You actually posted an article from some Dallas cowboy beat writer because it was bashing lynch didn't you? Mr.clickbait.

You need to unbunch your panties and chill bud...It's called speculation and discussion. Don't take things so personally. I really don't care which QB wins the battle. Yes I am biased towards TS, but that's only because right now I'm not impressed with Lynch. That isn't to say that he cannot improve or that I have written him off. He can grow and if he does, I just want a good QB, no matter what QB that is.

I'm not stuck on one player being the future, whatever happens happens.

Back when you were Lynch12 (because come on...you obviously were) I took an extremely anti-Paxton stance not because I had anything against Paxton, but to get under your skin because lets face it, you were an abrasive little guy and it was fun.

The article from the Dallas reporter? I acknowledge that it was most likely rubbish... But it wasn't by far the first time something like that had been said (and a lot of it was from a lot more reliable sources)

We are all biased one way or another, but what is important is if we are open to allowing our opinion to change. I am open to Paxton proving me wrong. I haven't yet written him off, I just haven't been thrilled with what I've seen thus far.

ShaneFalco
04-25-2017, 04:48 PM
So DT 88 Thinks Mcaffrey is the best pick ever?

Cugel
04-25-2017, 05:44 PM
What the what the? No way this deal happens. You can't make that move when you got an unproven third-year guy who's coming off of multiple injuries. And yes Cam Robinson does a right tackle a guard I'm just not sold on his ability to play tackle

Not only is this right, but Cam Robinson is projected as a G by a lot of NFL scouts. Apparently none of the projected first round OL are making teams wildly enthusiastic.

Normally, at least a couple of these guys would be gone by #10-12. Not this year. Nobody in the top 10 is considering a T, and some of those teams would LOVE a LT. There just isn't a guy who's a very good prospect.

Some people think Ryan Ramczyk or Bolles is "worthy of a 1st round pick." What that means is meh, maybe that guy develops into a starter, but does NOT project as an elite LT prospect. Because if he did, the guy would be drafted in the top 10.

Money talks and B.S. walks in the NFL. People can say anything they want, but look where these guys are drafted and you know - they are not regarded as great prospects or none of them would be available at #20.
And all of them may be there.

Cugel
04-25-2017, 05:46 PM
You need to unbunch your panties and chill bud...It's called speculation and discussion. Don't take things so personally. I really don't care which QB wins the battle. Yes I am biased towards TS, but that's only because right now I'm not impressed with Lynch. That isn't to say that he cannot improve or that I have written him off. He can grow and if he does, I just want a good QB, no matter what QB that is.

I'm not stuck on one player being the future, whatever happens happens.

Back when you were Lynch12 (because come on...you obviously were) I took an extremely anti-Paxton stance not because I had anything against Paxton, but to get under your skin because lets face it, you were an abrasive little guy and it was fun.

The article from the Dallas reporter? I acknowledge that it was most likely rubbish... But it wasn't by far the first time something like that had been said (and a lot of it was from a lot more reliable sources)

We are all biased one way or another, but what is important is if we are open to allowing our opinion to change. I am open to Paxton proving me wrong. I haven't yet written him off, I just haven't been thrilled with what I've seen thus far.

Was Paxton lost in the wash last year? Yes. Coming out of college he was widely regarded as "very raw."

Is it a new year and does last year's performance equal "he's a bust." No.

Freyaka
04-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Was Paxton lost in the wash last year? Yes. Coming out of college he was widely regarded as "very raw."

Is it a new year and does last year's performance equal "he's a bust." No.

I never uttered or suggested he was a bust.

NightTerror218
04-25-2017, 06:23 PM
I am hoping for lynch to win because i think his ceiling is much higher and i dont want to see a 1st round pick bust.

LawDog
04-25-2017, 07:18 PM
I want whoever starts to have earned it after fierce competition. I do not want it to be because the other guy sucked (See e.g. Mark Sanchez). I want both guys to be so good that VJ spends his evenings kicking the dog in frustration because it's like choosing between two hot girls who want to take you all the way to the prom. That.Is.What.I.Want.

Hawgdriver
04-25-2017, 07:27 PM
I want whoever starts to have earned it after fierce competition. I do not want it to be because the other guy sucked (See e.g. Mark Sanchez). I want both guys to be so good that VJ spends his evenings kicking the dog in frustration because it's like choosing between two hot girls who want to take you all the way to the prom. That.Is.What.I.Want.

Well, that's what we got. These dudes can both ball. I wish they could convert one of them to another 1st this draft, but the competition will absolutely forge some diamonds.

Time to ball!

dogfish
04-25-2017, 08:10 PM

he caught the ball. . . :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-25-2017, 08:45 PM
I've seen mocks with Lamp going in the top 10.

There will likely be four offensive linemen drafted in the first round

JPPT1974
04-25-2017, 08:49 PM
Whoever thought of the Lynch thing in AZ. Really unless Trevor S can outperform Lynch, Lynch is staying!

Slick
04-25-2017, 08:51 PM
My guess is Elway hope is that Lynch takes the starting job this year. A trade isn't happening. Not this year.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:13 PM
I never uttered or suggested he was a bust.

If people keep misunderstanding what you're saying about Lynch maybe you should stop talking about him altogether. Me thinks people think (know) you're biased.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:15 PM
I don't. I hate you.

I'm the playa.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:17 PM
I am a guy who recognizes a bias when I see it, I don't think either of them have proven to be franchise guy's, but I am not going to go seeking out article's that bash Paxton or Trevor because I have a bias towards one or the other. If that's yash or lynch12 then yes that is me.

"Yash"...Kinger didn't use the name "Yash". How did you know we called him Yash?

NightTerror218
04-25-2017, 11:41 PM
"Yash"...Kinger didn't use the name "Yash". How did you know we called him Yash?

Hang him.... i mean ban

Simple Jaded
04-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Hang him.... i mean ban

I think the mods might have to investigate this.

Northman
04-26-2017, 05:00 AM

Uh oh, someone just got found out. lol

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 06:52 AM
If people keep misunderstanding what you're saying about Lynch maybe you should stop talking about him altogether. Me thinks people think (know) you're biased.

Well no duh I'm biased...But that doesn't mean I hate Lynch or think he's never going to amount to anything, just that I like TS and would prefer to see him be our future QB. That doesn't automatically mean I think Lynch is a complete bust.

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 06:54 AM

Hahah busted!

VonDoom
04-26-2017, 07:17 AM

This guy isn't nearly as obnoxious as Yash ... right?

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
This guy isn't nearly as obnoxious as Yash ... right?

Not yet...This isn't even his final form. Lets not forget that when Yash was Lynch12, he wasn't unbearable at first. Yash gets worse towards the end of his lifecycle. The worst of this version of Yash is yet to come.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 11:34 AM

There is a little orange box with white inside and a search indicator, surely somebody has the intelligence to use it if they are called a former member. Why dont you search yas and lynch and see what comes up. Somebody also said I was king.

Anyhow, it's not hard to double back and read and learn who has a bias against Paxton and who has a bias against trev, freyaka is surely one of them who opposes Pax.

I'll be (yash) and Lynch. But here it goes incase there are veteran member's who are clueless of this feature. it's only right to see who the hell you're being called.
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3708667

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3708677

Those guy's are livewires, especially Mr Lynch, he was tearing into people ass's

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 11:36 AM
I've read a bunch of the post and I can see why the lynch12 seems to have left a permanent effect on alot of people. Lol.

slim
04-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Who is lynch12?

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 12:54 PM
There is a little orange box with white inside and a search indicator, surely somebody has the intelligence to use it if they are called a former member. Why dont you search yas and lynch and see what comes up. Somebody also said I was king.

Anyhow, it's not hard to double back and read and learn who has a bias against Paxton and who has a bias against trev, freyaka is surely one of them who opposes Pax.

I'll be (yash) and Lynch. But here it goes incase there are veteran member's who are clueless of this feature. it's only right to see who the hell you're being called.

Those guy's are livewires, especially Mr Lynch, he was tearing into people ass's

Nice attempt to cover your mistake, not really buying it, maybe some will.

And yes, I have bias towards trevor, but that doesn't mean I have bias against Paxton. If he wins the job, he wins my support. Surely you realized i was intentionally being way over the top in my posts about Paxton due to the fact that "Lynch12" was a smarmy little troll and my posts got him all hot and bothered? Sometimes it's fun to feed the troll. Especially when the troll is such a pain in the ass.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Who is lynch12?

Check out the 2nd link I posted.

slim
04-26-2017, 01:01 PM
No thanks.

DT88TheGreat
04-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Nice attempt to cover your mistake, not really buying it, maybe some will.

And yes, I have bias towards trevor, but that doesn't mean I have bias against Paxton. If he wins the job, he wins my support. Surely you realized i was intentionally being way over the top in my posts about Paxton due to the fact that "Lynch12" was a smarmy little troll and my posts got him all hot and bothered? Sometimes it's fun to feed the troll. Especially when the troll is such a pain in the ass.

You don't have too buy anything, you of all people would be the main one to hope im somehow banned for being somebody I am not. Lynch12 used to be at your throat the most from reading the post.

Honestly after seeing just how anti Paxton you are in your past post I really don't need to debate with you over the QB battle, it's clear who you are for and who you are against. Seeing how you surf the web for click bait stories bashing Paxton the other day is just the icing on the cake.

slim
04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
lol

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 01:10 PM
You don't have too buy anything, you of all people would be the main one to hope im somehow banned for being somebody I am not. Lynch12 used to be at your throat the most from reading the post.

Honestly after seeing just how anti Paxton you are in your past post I really don't need to debate with you over the QB battle, it's clear who you are for and who you are against. Seeing how you surf the web for click bait stories bashing Paxton the other day is just the icing on the cake.

Which is exactly why I have a hard time believe you are who you say you are, you have a real hard time grasping the difference between reality and fiction. There is how I talk about Paxton when I'm trying to ryle up Lynch12 and then there is how I talk about him the rest of the time.

"surf the web for click bait stories" child please.... I occasionally post things I see on reddit. I frequent the Broncos subreddit there. I very openly indicated when I posted said "click bait articles" that I didn't put a lot of stock in their merit, but please, continue...

You seem to really take all this way to seriously. It's almost like you think this is a war or something and if I'm not with you, I'm a horrible terrible person.

Freyaka
04-26-2017, 01:16 PM
What I want to know is who in their right minds supposedly goes back and does research about other posters and their habits? Obsessive much? Jesus dude, it's a discussion forum. Ain't nobody got time to go gather intel on the "enemy".

Simple Jaded
04-27-2017, 12:20 AM

What?

slim
04-27-2017, 08:17 AM
What?

He wants you to go read all of his old posts.

ShaneFalco
12-28-2017, 04:01 AM

Yup.

Broncoknight30
12-28-2017, 09:41 AM

Is there even a small hint that Lynch is anything? Just one thing. What?

Its been two years. He has shown NOTHING, and when I mean nothing, I mean NOTHING.

What are you seeing that I am not? Just wondering. To say we don't know as fans, well we know something. That is that he has shown NOTHING. Not to two coaching staffs. Not in front of any fans that have attended training camps. Not in any preseason game. Not in any TC in front of any reporters and not in any game he was given playing time in regular season games this season or last season. NOTHING.

Am I wrong here?

Oh, and this one game won't be near enough. Even if he shows SOMETHING. In fact, I am hoping he does not give us this crap false sense of hope by looking good against a team playing for nothing. That will then give certain fans this notion that Lynch could be something in this league.

This team needs whole sale changes. Personally, I am hoping they DON'T draft another freaking TALL project QB like Allen in the first round. I would rather them go after a FA (mainly Alex Smith) or trade for Eli Manning, and have Chad Kelly groomed as a backup and lets see what he has in TC next year.

I hope they draft a stud ILB with that high pick they are going to be getting, then landing a RT in the 2nd round. Right tackles are NOT typically drafted in the 1st round. If this team drafts another freaking first round project QB, with NO seasoned veteran on this team to be any sort of mentor with a coaching staff that sucks, and a defense that is getting weaker, well this team will be in the land of Brownsville.

Chasing their tails and going through the coaching carousel. I am not really anticipating Elway making a wise decision. Been a while. In fact I think the Broncos are one TWO franchises that has not drafted ONE PRO BOWLER since 2012.

NOT ONE.

So, are you seeing something from Lynch that suggests he has something? What?

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Lynch has shown absolutely nothing, and 1 meaningless week 17 game is going to prove otherwise.

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Lynch has shown absolutely nothing, and 1 meaningless week 17 game is going to prove otherwise.

it will confirm that he has nothing to show

Broncoknight30
12-28-2017, 11:44 AM
it will confirm that he has nothing to show

One can only hope

Cugel
12-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Is there even a small hint that Lynch is anything? Just one thing. What?

Its been two years. He has shown NOTHING, and when I mean nothing, I mean NOTHING.

What are you seeing that I am not? blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
NOT ONE.

So, are you seeing something from Lynch that suggests he has something? What? Blah, blah.

Take a look at the time stamp and answer your own question: Cugel posted 04-23-2017, 08:48 PM

That was in APRIL, BEFORE the season, when Paxton Lynch was being given an open chance to win the QB competition with Trevor. NOT now when he has another season of futility behind him and nobody doubts he's a bust.

Obviously, Elway wanted to give him a chance so it was dumb to think they would trade him before the season. Now nobody wants him, but that's how it goes some times. Not every first round QB pans out. Sometimes a guy just sucks and you can't help it.

Paxton had all the tools but never developed the mental attitude of a starting NFL QB. Now he's done. Maybe the keep him around as a #3 backup next year cause he's cheap. Maybe not too. This game might be his audition for a backup role.

Probably he sucks his way out of that too.

Broncoknight30
12-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Take a look at the time stamp and answer your own question: Cugel posted 04-23-2017, 08:48 PM

That was in APRIL, BEFORE the season, when Paxton Lynch was being given an open chance to win the QB competition with Trevor. NOT now when he has another season of futility behind him and nobody doubts he's a bust.

Obviously, Elway wanted to give him a chance so it was dumb to think they would trade him before the season. Now nobody wants him, but that's how it goes some times. Not every first round QB pans out. Sometimes a guy just sucks and you can't help it.

Paxton had all the tools but never developed the mental attitude of a starting NFL QB. Now he's done. Maybe the keep him around as a #3 backup next year cause he's cheap. Maybe not too. This game might be his audition for a backup role.

Probably he sucks his way out of that too.

Got it. Thanks.