PDA

View Full Version : Head of NFL referees wants changes made to celebration penalties

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2017, 09:13 AM
You can add NFL referees to the list of people who would like to see changes made to celebration penalties.

In an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio, the head of the NFL Referees Association, Scott Green, said that not even officials enjoy throwing flags for excessive celebration and added the league is putting the referees in a bad position.

“Nothing is worse than someone going 80 yards for a touchdown and then we’re trying to figure out does that warrant a flag for what he’s doing in the end zone,” Green said. “We don’t really enjoy that. If we could get to a point where it would simply be fines by the league, that would be great. The issue we’ll still have is that guys can get pretty creative out there. The question of whether it’s a foul or not a foul, hopefully we’ll get closer to more of a black-and-white situation.”

rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/head-of-nfl-referees-wants-changes-made-to-celebration-penalties-041617

Poet
04-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Celebrations are dope.

OrangeHoof
04-17-2017, 12:08 PM
My rule is simple. Once the TD is scored, the scorer has five seconds to celebrate anyway he wants to. No censorship. If he gets to six seconds, it's a 10-yard penalty assessed on the kickoff. And the penalty is reviewable if some anal-retentive coach wants to challenge it. End result: Celebration is expressed. Free expression is not impinged. Little time is wasted.

slim
04-17-2017, 12:37 PM
My rule is simple....no rules.

MOtorboat
04-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Two men enter, one man leaves?

Mike
04-18-2017, 09:31 AM

Thunderdome, bitches.