PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Spills The Beans About Meaning Of ‘Omaha’

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2017, 05:19 PM
DENVER (CBS4) – While breaking records as a member of the Denver Broncos, Peyton Manning made “Omaha” famous. Now he’s revealing why.

The future Hall of Fame quarterback’s numerous shout outs to the the Nebraska city from the line of scrimmage were a bit of a mystery all the way up to and continuing on through to the day of his retirement.

In 2014 Manning kept a straight face when he asked about it.

“I’ve had a lot of people ask me what ‘Omaha’ means,” Manning said. “It’s a run play, but it could be a pass play, or a play-action pass, depending on a couple of things. The wind, which way we’re going, the quarter and the jerseys we’re wearing. It varies from play to play.”

Which, of course, got people more confused.

But now, more than a year removed from his retirement day, news is emerging that Manning has spilled the beans about what “Omaha” actually meant.

“Omaha was just an indicator word,” Manning said at a recent marketing summit. “It was a trigger word that meant we had changed the play, there was low time on the clock and the ball needed to be snapped.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/04/13/peyton-manning-omaha/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-15-2017, 10:25 PM
I thought he said Omaha because Singapore would mess up His rhythm.

tubby
04-15-2017, 10:44 PM
I miss 18

DT88TheGreat
04-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Let us hope we can have us a young franchise quarterback like manning was, like Elway was.... So we can have a shot at the SB year in year out and end all the (qb competition) crap. I am about sick of it already honestly. Somebody needs to take the bull by the horns and own the qb job whether it's Paxton, Trevor or somebody we draft this year who surprises.

DenBronx
04-16-2017, 02:37 AM
Pssshhh I knew that the whole time.

Poet
04-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Pssshhh I knew that the whole time.

Do you remember when Dungy was talking about it on live t.v. and Peyton called him after the show and told him to ****? Dungy referenced that on a latter show. It was funny as ****.

Cugel
04-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Let us hope we can have us a young franchise quarterback like manning was, like Elway was.... So we can have a shot at the SB year in year out and end all the (qb competition) crap. I am about sick of it already honestly. Somebody needs to take the bull by the horns and own the qb job whether it's Paxton, Trevor or somebody we draft this year who surprises.

Sigh. Do you remember that period between 1999 and 2012? That's kinda what happens when your Hall of Fame QB retires and you suddenly find that your journeyman QBs aren't good enough. Whole lotta 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 years under Mike Shanahan.

Now hopefully the Broncos are better than that, but the division is tougher as a whole now than it was back in the day when Oakland was still sucking along with San Diego, and KC was hiring and firing Herm Edwards and starting Damon Huard at QB.