PDA

View Full Version : Broncos promote Antonopulos; Garcia named Head Athletic Trainer

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2017, 03:40 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos have promoted long-time head athletic trainer Steve “Greek” Antonopulos to director of sports medicine and assistant athletic trainer Vince Garcia to head athletic trainer, Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway announced on Wednesday.

In his new role, Antonopulos will oversee all aspects of the Broncos’ sports medicine program, including athletic training and player rehabilitation. Garcia will serve as the lead athletic trainer for players and assume all day-to-day head athletic training responsibilities.

STATEMENT FROM JOHN ELWAY

“Greek’s been a cornerstone of the Denver Broncos for more than four decades, and we’re excited to have him move up a level to become our director of sports medicine. In talking with Greek, he indicated that he was ready to make this transition and turn the head athletic training position over to the very qualified and well-respected Vince Garcia.

“There’s nothing more important than the health of our players, and Vince is prepared for the important responsibilities as our lead athletic trainer. We’re in good hands with Greek overseeing our sports medicine program and Vince becoming our head athletic trainer.”

STATEMENT FROM STEVE “GREEK” ANTONOPULOS

“I’m very excited to begin the next chapter in my athletic training career in this new role. I’ve taken so much pride in serving as the Broncos’ head athletic trainer for 37 seasons, and while it’s difficult to pass on those responsibilities, I know this is the right move for my family and me.

“I could not think of a better fit than Vince Garcia to become the Denver Broncos’ head athletic trainer. He cares about our players and always puts their well-being first.

“I’ve been living a dream for the last 41 years while I’ve worked for the Denver Broncos. It’s an honor to work for Mr. Bowlen and Joe Ellis, and I couldn’t have a better boss than John Elway. I’m grateful for this new opportunity and am really looking forward to working with Vince, our players and coaches, and the rest of our very talented medical staff.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-promote-Antonopulos-Garcia-named-Head-Athletic-Trainer/b2500e13-971e-419a-85ec-69cfcc691ac5