PDA

View Full Version : Siemian Gunna Bust some Heads this season

ShaneFalco
04-04-2017, 09:01 PM
He will bayonet charge the enemy and take their children and they shall call him father.

Poet
04-04-2017, 09:14 PM
He's going to be average at best - so when he pushes for 4k yards people will act like that number still matters- and his proponents will ignore the era he plays in.

But, in the spirit of being magnanimous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxMwv9YFo0

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-04-2017, 09:35 PM
He shall be dubbed spin doctor because of the way he spins the leather.

Cugel
04-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Forget Trevor Siemian. The Broncos don't have a Left Tackle! They should sign Usain Bolt, and have him sprint to the right on every play!

MOtorboat
04-04-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd prefer if he just completed passes.

Cugel
04-04-2017, 10:10 PM
I'd prefer if he just completed passes.

Do you mean with his head still attached or more like the headless horseman? Inquiries should be directed to Kalil Mack, Justin Houston and Joey Bosa.

slim
04-05-2017, 11:11 AM
I've never seen a backup QB bust heads before.

Freyaka
04-05-2017, 11:28 AM
I've never seen a backup QB bust heads before.

Why are you bringing Lynch into this discussion?

Hawgdriver
04-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Excellent poll options. You are getting better at this.

Slick
04-05-2017, 12:45 PM
The sooner the Siemian era is over the better. Milquetoast.

Slick
04-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Milk toast.

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Siemian is alot better than people realize. Watch how he was doing before he got injured.

And why are Broncos fans so inpatient? Why can't we let a young player go through the learning curve and process it takes to get better? There are alot of good players that had terrible first seasons and Siemians first year was pretty good.

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Just get my dude two things.

1. Better protection
2. More playmakers on offense.

Poet
04-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah, give TS literally everything on offense! Then he has to be good by osmosis!

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Like your standard LT? :rolleyes:

Poet
04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Like your standard LT? :rolleyes:

My guy....read your list. Your list had tackle, and more playmakers. We want to give the young man the perfect offense! **** that - try to get the guy who makes the rest of the offense better.

weazel
04-05-2017, 01:26 PM
weird...

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:30 PM
My guy....read your list. Your list had tackle, and more playmakers. We want to give the young man the perfect offense! **** that - try to get the guy who makes the rest of the offense better.

Right now we have 2 for sure playmakers on offense. That's it. So how is that going to help us compete with teams like NE, let alone win the division. CJ is good but not great, we have terrible TEs and no one has stepped up as a slot guy or 3rd option at WR. Now that we aren't getting Romo I ask WHY NOT upgrade those positions?

We aren't going to draft a QB early, we just aren't. And there are no FA QBs worth getting.

Now, if we traded for Brees or Rivers then I'd change my tune but that won't happen.

Poet
04-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Right now we have 2 for sure playmakers on offense. That's it. So how is that going to help us compete with teams like NE, let alone win the division. CJ is good but not great, we have terrible TEs and no one has stepped up as a slot guy or 3rd option at WR. Now that we aren't getting Romo I ask WHY NOT upgrade those positions?

We aren't going to draft a QB early, we just aren't. And there are no FA QBs worth getting.

Now, if we traded for Brees or Rivers then I'd change my tune but that won't happen.

We're not competing against teams like NE with TS. He's deeply flawed as a player and his physical limitations prevent him from doing a lot. NE, as average as it often is on defense, excels at taking away weapons and attacking weaknesses. In order for him to be our QB and for us to beat NE we would need another all-time great defense. So there's a tension in getting him more weapons on offense and fixing the defense.

Look at the Raiders - A stud WR, a good WR, a suitable RB, and a good line. TS might have to deal with two great WR's, one good back with durability issues, a stable of young talented RBs, and a line that should be average And you know what, that still gives him more than several QB's who get into the playoffs consistently. The third WR should be on the roster right now...lord knows we carried a billion of them last year.

If your physically limited QB needs a great line, great supporting casts on offense AND defense...he's Andy Dalton. I've seen this before, DenBronx.

There should be a competition between the two QB's. And every Bronco fan SHOULD be praying that Lynch wins.

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
I disagree. Look, Lynch is going to have a jump on Siemian in camp this year because of Siemians severe injury. Once Siemian comes back and smokes Lynch to win the starting job the every Bronco fans needs to just calm down. He is way more prepared to be our starter than Lynch is at this stage. Those spread offense QBs have a difficult time transitioning into the NFL. Nothing wrong with that, it's just going to take time for him but he isn't ready.

chazoe60
04-05-2017, 01:51 PM
What really interests me is Cugel's take on our LT situation.

slim
04-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Why are you bringing Lynch into this discussion?

Cause he the only QB on our roster capable of busting heads.

DenBronx
04-05-2017, 01:52 PM
If we address those areas of concern then halfway through the season it's going to be red panty night in Broncos Country. You will see. ;)

Poet
04-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I disagree. Look, Lynch is going to have a jump on Siemian in camp this year because of Siemians severe injury. Once Siemian comes back and smokes Lynch to win the starting job the every Bronco fans needs to just calm down. He is way more prepared to be our starter than Lynch is at this stage. Those spread offense QBs have a difficult time transitioning into the NFL. Nothing wrong with that, it's just going to take time for him but he isn't ready.

In my opinion, I want Lynch to win out because I think TS is pretty bad at the game of football. I would rather have Lynch have a year of bad football that is on par with TS and see if he flashes anything.

Lynch might not be the answer, either. But he got an entire season to learn. The ceiling of the team as I see it, the best scenario I suppose, is if PL plays and is a playmaker. You can win with a mobile young QB with a cannon for an arm. Great defense plus that kind of QB sometimes means SB contention. Great defense with a game manager QB like TS also works. But, I don't know if the defense will actually be great/dominant. If that's the case, the offense is going to have to contribute more and swing some games. There was nothing that indicates TS can do that.

I'll be watching regardless, DB. Hopefully with wings.

Poet
04-05-2017, 01:55 PM
What really interests me is Cugel's take on our LT situation.

He's like our Adam Schefter.

chazoe60
04-05-2017, 02:08 PM
He's like our Adam Schefter.

More like Random Shafter.

Valar Morghulis
04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Yeah, give TS literally everything on offense! Then he has to be good by osmosis!

Are they going to be in water?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Spinnin' Siemian

Freyaka
04-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Siemian is alot better than people realize. Watch how he was doing before he got injured.

And why are Broncos fans so inpatient? Why can't we let a young player go through the learning curve and process it takes to get better? There are alot of good players that had terrible first seasons and Siemians first year was pretty good.

You can make those arguments till the cows come home, I've made them all 1000 times and I even backed mine up with stats and comparisons...They all get tossed out as null and void. Nothing we say or do is going to win these dudes over. Trevor is going to have to win them over on the field.

Freyaka
04-05-2017, 03:07 PM
More like Random Shafter.

Random Dent? Daughter of Arthur Dent?

ShaneFalco
04-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Siemian all over kings face

Cugel
04-05-2017, 06:09 PM

Well, Denver fans should be patient because there are going to be games when Siemian looks like a raw rookie. Hopefully these games will be outnumbered with games where he looks like he could be really good. But, is this guy another Kyle Orton? Stay tuned. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Northman
04-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Oh another TS thread! Woooohoooo!

slim
04-05-2017, 06:26 PM
You can make those arguments till the cows come home, I've made them all 1000 times and I even backed mine up with stats and comparisons...They all get tossed out as null and void. Nothing we say or do is going to win these dudes over. Trevor is going to have to win them over on the field.

Frey, do me a favor

Cugel
04-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Trevor knows that and said as much to Mike Klis. He knows that as a former 7th round pick nobody really believes in you, and as T Tyler Polumbus said, "every year they were trying to replace me, so I had to work on my game and try to improve every single year."

That's not personal, it's just how the NFL works. No matter what Trevor does in the off-season he's going to be under the microscope all season long.

FanInAZ
04-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Oh another TS thread! Woooohoooo!

I was thinking about starting another thread in which we compare this style of play to other NFL QBs that come before him.

Are you game :D

Magnificent Seven
04-05-2017, 10:55 PM
I want John Elway 2.0!

weazel
04-06-2017, 09:22 AM
oh another stupid thread! Woooohoooo!

fify

Timmy!
04-06-2017, 01:51 PM
https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FaH PQQ8XOW6QlG%2Fgiphy.gif&key=WOo22UDYUxxakFstF29htw&w=600&h=268

sneakers
04-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Three words: Minor League Baseball

ShaneFalco
04-13-2017, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIjCkw3Jfg

Poet
04-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Falco - I'm so proud of you that I'm going to throw my support behind TS.