VonDoom
03-13-2017, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/DeMarcusWare/status/841375464484667392

Poet
03-13-2017, 02:53 PM
There goes my hero...

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 02:54 PM
I was hoping he would play one more year for the Broncos. Best wishes DeMarcus.

GEM
03-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Booo! :(

Buff
03-13-2017, 02:57 PM
I secretly wasn't all that interested in re-signing him, so this comes as a bit of a relief. He had a good stint here - mentored a lot of our younger guys and helped turn them into leaders. Respect.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Great football player and a great man.

BeefStew25
03-13-2017, 03:03 PM
His dimples always drew me in.

Slick
Pure class. I'm glad Denver was able to help him get his ring. His leadership will be missed.

VonDoom
He was a part of that great FA class Elway brought in that changed the whole dynamic of the team. He was a big part of the reason we won the Super Bowl last year. Nothing but respect for that guy.

Poet
03-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Hold me, Slick.

chazoe60
03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Such a class guy. And now he can start his next career as an action figure. Dude is built just like the GI-Joes I played with as a kid.

Rick
03-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Surprises me a little but might have been a deal of if he couldn't play for Denver or Dallas then he didn't want to play.

Slick
03-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Hold me, Slick.

It will be all right. I think he did the right thing. He's got nothing left to prove.

Timmy!
03-13-2017, 03:17 PM
A true leader. Thanks mr. Ware.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Denver Broncos‏Verified account @Broncos 19m

Denver Broncos Retweeted D-Ware

See you in Canton.

LTC Pain
03-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Well poop :( Best wishes #94 :)

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Denver Broncos Retweeted
AqibTalib21‏Verified account @AqibTalib21 7m

Congrats on a great career!!! We gone miss you fam!!! It's been an honor and a privilege to play… https://www.instagram.com/p/BRl24tZDGRo/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Denver Broncos Retweeted
NFL‏Verified account @NFL 29m

“@DeMarcusWare, man… Arguably one of the best pass rushers of all-time.” #ThankYouDWare

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
John Elway‏Verified account @johnelway 4m

DeMarcus - you are the epitome of what an NFL player should be.

Congrats on your Hall of Fame career & thank you for becoming a Bronco!

BroncoJoe
03-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I secretly wasn't all that interested in re-signing him, so this comes as a bit of a relief. He had a good stint here - mentored a lot of our younger guys and helped turn them into leaders. Respect.

I'm sure he's not interested in it (yet) but I'd love to see him as a consultant/motivator/coach with the Broncos. Von needs him.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Three years after meeting in Dallas, Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware joined forces in Denver. Together, the mentor and mentee formed the best pass-rushing threat in the league.

This story initailly ran on Sept. 8, 2016 ahead of the Broncos' season opener against the Carolina Panthers.

The beginning came five years before DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller grabbed a Gatorade cooler and snuck up behind Gary Kubiak with a Super Bowl 50 victory in hand.

The beginning came before the blockbuster free-agent signing, before the “Dancing with the Stars” appearance and before the Super Bowl MVP award.

The beginning came a combined 114.5 sacks ago.

Long before any of that, Miller and Ware met on the field of Cowboys Stadium.

The Broncos had flown to Dallas to begin the 2011 preseason, and Miller faced the first set of expectations that have followed him ever since Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway drafted him second overall.

On that field in Arlington, Texas, the rookie had his first opportunity to meet one of the game’s most-productive pass rushers.

“I just felt like it was just an instant connection,” Miller says. “You’ve got the idol and the guy that looks up to the idol. For us to have that connection, [it was] like he already knew me. And of course I already knew him. … It was something really like straight out of a movie.”

rest - interesting http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Life-on-the-Edge-How-DeMarcus-Ware-and-Von-Miller-pushed-each-other-to-be-great/e7161ada-5002-4b9e-9bf0-32a69b6c6079

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Denver Broncos Retweeted
Chris Harris‏Verified account @ChrisHarrisJr 49m

@demarcusware Congrats Big Bro We will miss you my dude #Legend #Goat #HOF https://www.instagram.com/p/BRl2VgJFQuZ/

NightTerror218
03-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Sad to see him retire but glad he did. Dids not want to see his back so get more screwed up that it would impact him long term. I would have taken him back another year but he played what half a season last year with same back issues.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 04:23 PM
DENVER — DeMarcus Ware stood at his locker on multiple occasions last season, talking more like a coach than a player. He missed time with a fractured right forearm. He finished the season on the injured reserve with a bulging disc in his back that required surgery.

Ware, 34, talked bravely of continuing his career. But as the days became weeks this offseason, the question was simple: What for?

Ware won a Super Bowl ring in 2016, his speech the night before Super Bowl 50 credited for inspiring the team to victory. He finished with 138.5 sacks, ranking eighth all-time. He boasts a Hall of Fame resume, and on Monday decided it was time to retire rather than pursue a limited role with the Broncos or another team. It's likely he will have avenues in broadcast available after hosting his own show on NFL Network last year.

"After a lot of thought and prayer, I've decided to accept the unknown and retire from my NFL career," Ware wrote in a statement he posted on Twitter. "Tempting opportunities still present themselves for me to play and I feel better than I have in years. However, long term health and quality of life outweigh the spark and passion to play that I once had."

AND

Former Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips called Ware a Hall of Famer in every way. He told Denver7 on Monday, "DeMarcus was the easiest guy to coach ever. Just had to tell him to sic'em and he did the rest."

full article - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-demarcus-ware-announces-retirement-amid-free-agency-period

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Denver Broncos Retweeted
Matt Paradis‏Verified account @two_dice 2h

Matt Paradis Retweeted D-Ware

Proud to be your teammate!! Congrats on the career!!

Denver Broncos Retweeted
Max Garcia‏Verified account @MGarcia_76 2h

Max Garcia Retweeted D-Ware

🙌🏾 you the man D.Ware !

dogfish
03-13-2017, 05:14 PM
so long, and thanks for all the fish!!

:salute: :defense: :first:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Denver Broncos Retweeted
D-Ware‏Verified account @DeMarcusWare 24m

D-Ware Retweeted NFL

The opportunity to play in the National Football League.... #Priceless #ThankYOU

Denver Broncos‏Verified account @Broncos 25m

Welp, we know what @DeMarcusWare's going to be up to in retirement ...

�� » http://j.mp/2mTNSn9

Troy Renck Retweeted
Erich Schubert‏ @schube13 4m

Players and people like @demarcusware don't come around very often.… https://www.instagram.com/p/BRmEjS6jCt67N9ZJJwyUIcAySx6w73BcaEEVQA0/ …

Troy Renck Retweeted
T.J. Ward‏Verified account @BossWard43 14m

BOOM! �� it's was an honor and a pleasure! #thankyoudware #bossup https://www.instagram.com/p/BRmDeFvFynO/

OrangeHoof
03-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Classy player, going out the classy way. Best wishes to him.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 05:31 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — As the praise for the recently retired DeMarcus Ware rolled in Monday afternoon, former Head Coach Gary Kubiak made sure to express his gratitude for one of the key players in his locker room.

Ware, who joined the Broncos in 2014, served as a captain in Denver for each of Kubiak’s two seasons as head coach. When the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 in February 2015, it was Ware — along with Von Miller — who poured Gatorade over Kubiak’s head.

After that accomplishment in 2015, the pair spent a final year together in Denver in 2016.

“DeMarcus was one of the great players in this league for many years and one of the finest human beings you’ll ever come across,” Kubiak said. “He was a once-in-a-generation player who will go down as one of the all-time great pass rushers in NFL history. Just as important, he showed so much class and leadership with everything he did on and off the field.

“The way he battled through injury in 2015 and played at such a high level in the playoffs was remarkable. I’ll always remember his talks to our team the night before the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl 50, telling us what it meant to be part of our team and have the chance to win a Super Bowl. It was very powerful.

“It was a privilege to coach DeMarcus, and I congratulate him on his Hall of Fame career.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Former-Head-Coach-Gary-Kubiak-congratulates-DeMarcus-Ware-on-retirement/d8e3336a-e01d-42dc-90d9-00944b0454bc

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Trevor Siemian‏Verified account @TrevorSiemian 2h

Trevor Siemian Retweeted D-Ware

Congrats D Ware! World class person, teammate, leader and friend!

Northman
03-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Pretty much expected. Thanks for everything Dware. \m/

Hawgdriver
03-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Pure class. I'm glad Denver was able to help him get his ring. His leadership will be missed.

Perfectly said.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame Highlights: Ware's career in Denver
As DeMarcus Ware closes out his distinguished NFL career, we look back on his best moments as a Bronco.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Hall-of-Fame-Highlights-Wares-career-in-Denver/6672aa9b-09bb-4ec2-8bf2-094f0b742fc2

dogfish
03-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Pretty much expected. Thanks for everything Dware. \m/

okay, i gotta ask. . . what the hell is that M thing for?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Shane Ray‏Verified account @StingRay56 4h

Honored to have learned from a legend every day. Even more so I appreciate you believing in me and teaching me how to be a pro @DeMarcusWare

Poet
03-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Mate or Meat. Or matemeat. Or meatmate.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 09:54 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A little more than a year after celebrating the retirement of one of the greatest players in NFL history, the Broncos are doing it all over again. This time, they're honoring DeMarcus Ware after the 12-year veteran announced his retirement Monday.

Peyton Manning congratulated Ware by sharing these thoughts on his former teammate and co-captain:

"DeMarcus Ware is not only a Hall of Fame player, but a Hall of Fame teammate as well. I played against DeMarcus and played with him. It was an honor and a privilege to have done both.

“Being a teammate with DeMarcus and being a captain of the team was a real privilege for me. DeMarcus loved football. He loved everything about it. He loved putting the work in, loved helping the young players and of course loved playing on Sundays. It is no surprise why he was such an outstanding football player. It was because of his work ethic and his real passion for the game. It was an honor to call him a teammate and a friend. I just know he'll be a great success in his post-playing days.

“I wish him all the best. He truly is one of a kind."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-shares-his-thoughts-on-DeMarcus-Wares-retirement/20fd926a-c677-4c3d-8f20-d19dca6df065

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Ware leaves lasting legacy in Denver
DeMarcus Ware came to Denver looking for a ring, but he found so much more during his three years with the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ware-leaves-lasting-legacy-in-Denver/0cdcaee2-c895-49fb-a763-9ce1c9167055

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Best soundbites from DeMarcus Ware
A compilation of DeMarcus Ware's best soundbites during the 2016 season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Best_soundbites_from_DeMarcus_Ware/72d65746-d3dd-4338-aa3a-91dce28c83f4

HORSEPOWER 56
03-13-2017, 10:18 PM

It's the "hand horns" rock and roll symbol in keyboard characters. It's a metal head (like North and myself) thing.

Poet
03-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Looks like a weak version of the NWO Too Sweet.

Someone powerbomb Northman.

Hawgdriver
03-13-2017, 10:32 PM
God bless Ronnie James Dio.

dogfish
03-13-2017, 11:30 PM
It's the "hand horns" rock and roll symbol in keyboard characters. It's a metal head (like North and myself) thing.

lmao, nice. . . i thought maybe the M was just for metal. . . :lol:

aberdien
03-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Animated John Lennon: the OG devil horns

https://ianfarrington.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/ys.jpg

VonDoom
03-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Shane Ray was interviewed by the MMQB about Ware. Good stuff here:

RAY: You always hear the horror stories about guys getting to the league and having a veteran there who gives him the cold shoulder. But for me it was the opposite. From the day I got there we would work on hand drills after practice, or watch that extra 15 minutes of film. He helped me work on my technique every day. He told me I was going to be great and I didn’t have a choice if it was up to him, so he pushed me to be a better me every day. Even when I beat a guy and got a sack in practice, he always found a way to critique it and make me better. That just shows his leadership.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/14/demarcus-ware-retirement-shane-ray-denver-broncos

VonDoom
03-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Also a nice piece from Robert Mays on The Ringer:

That type of late-career contract for an aging star has gone awry countless times, but for the Broncos, it turned out to be worth every penny. It’s no coincidence that Ware’s arrival in Denver coincided with Miller’s ascent. Ware’s effect on Miller’s approach was widely understood. “You helped me become the person/player I am today,” Miller wrote on his Instagram account on Monday. With Ware’s guidance, Miller’s unlimited potential was finally unlocked during the Broncos’ march to a championship after the 2015 season, but shaping his fellow pass rusher was far from Ware’s only impact during that Super Bowl run. Ware was a devastating force in the season’s most crucial moments, hitting Tom Brady seven times in the AFC championship game and adding two sacks of Cam Newton during the biggest game of his life.

In the locker room following the Broncos’ championship win, most of the attention was understandably directed toward Miller and Peyton Manning, but Ware’s jubilation was just as noteworthy. The all-time great had just a single playoff win in his career before arriving in Denver, but he became a Super Bowl champion after a decade in the NFL, long after most players have come and gone. Considering everything else that Ware has accomplished at the individual level, that may seem superfluous when examining the full scope of his greatness. In a way, though, all the praise Ware garnered on Monday still might not be enough to provide proper context for how remarkable his career was.

https://theringer.com/nfl-demarcus-ware-retires-dallas-cowboys-denver-broncos-hall-of-fame-a3a02fa63952#.sydy5nuuo

Hawgdriver
03-14-2017, 11:32 AM
It's impossible to measure how much Ware was the reason the Broncos won SB 50, but I wouldn't be surprised if his name was the first out of a lot of the player's mouths--for his leadership, mentorship, and playmaking when it counted most. His presence on the defense will be missed.

Hawgdriver
03-14-2017, 11:41 AM
The responsible, accountable grinders never get their due of accolades for all the thankless, behind-the-scenes work they do 24/7 that really keeps everything humming along in the black. Fans don't see it. I'm married to that type, and I respect the hell out of it even though it's not my style--probably why I married her lol. I bet Ware was that kind of guy and I hope his example lives on through the dudes that played with him.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 12h

This story told by Joe DeCamillis a few months back says it all about DeMarcus Ware: http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/peyton-manning-on-ware-being-a-captain-with-him-was-a-privilege/422300019 … via @9NEWS #9sports

BeefStew25
03-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Carol if a tent fell on you I would make you my world famous chili.

Hawgdriver
03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 12h

This story told by Joe DeCamillis a few months back says it all about DeMarcus Ware: http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/peyton-manning-on-ware-being-a-captain-with-him-was-a-privilege/422300019 … via @9NEWS #9sports

Great article, thanks Carol.

It’s shocking to consider. Manning only played four seasons for the Broncos, and Ware for three, but they were two of the best leaders the Denver franchise ever had. And now in a 12-month span, both retired.

Still don’t think the Broncos are in transition?

This leadership thing... Something to watch. I'm glad Chris Harris Jr. is on the team. There is a leadership void on offense, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Joel
03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Had I known he spoke at SXSW last weekend, I'd have been tempted to go. If I hadn't been working sick that night. He'll be sorely missed; hard to believe he only won a SINGLE playoff game before arriving in Denver (a testament to the incompetence that is GM Jerry Jones.) We were very fortunate to have him onboard to impart his veteran experience, vision and discipline to so many of young up and coming defenders. Here's to a well earned and enjoyable retirement. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2017, 05:30 PM
D-Ware‏Verified account @DeMarcusWare 6h

It's awesome to see how many people you touch just by being yourself and living in your own skin with your own identity. #NoOneIsDopeAsYou

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Now that DeMarcus Ware is retiring, there is perhaps no authority more qualified to weigh in on his NFL impact than current Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

Phillips was the Cowboys' head coach from 2007 through 2010, as Ware averaged 15 sacks -- twice as the league leader -- while playing at an All Pro level. When Ware signed with Denver to close out his career, Phillips followed suit as the coordinator dialing up blitzes for the Super Bowl 50 champions.

Phillips ended up coaching Ware for half of his 12 NFL seasons.

"Sometimes it's a sad day when a player retires," Phillips said Monday on Up to the Minute Live, "but it's really kind of a happy day when you get to reflect on all the wonderful times you had together with him and all the great accomplishments that DeMarcus had in his career."

Asked what separated Ware from other premier pass rushers, Phillips cited his "tremendous" talent level.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792901/article/phillips-ware-was-the-peyton-manning-of-denvers-d?campaign=tw-nf-sf62214717-sf62214717&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Ziggy
03-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account
@NickiJhabvala

Crazy stats for @DeMarcusWare via @PFF: Since '06 he missed only 43 tackles (less than 4 per yr) & had 711 pressures

VonDoom
04-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Good piece in the Denver Post on Ware talking about his retirement:

Something changed in Ware between early February and mid-March, and it had nothing to do with opportunity, or lack thereof. Ware says he had offers from three teams — the Rams, Cowboys and Broncos — and he believes he could have performed well for any of them. In fact, he admits that had his contract with the Broncos not expired, he would have been back this year.

But his recent thoughts extended beyond 2017.

“You start thinking about your quality of life,” he says. “You still have the desire to get out there and play and compete and win championships. But my body was talking to me.”

What if his troublesome back were to give out when he tried to lift his 9-year-old daughter? What if he could no longer playfully wrestle with his 6-year-old son, or help coach him in flag football?

“Football life is pretty short,” says Ware, 34. “But your life after football is a long time, and what type of quality do you have?"

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/06/demarcus-ware-retirement-broncos-reflection/

BeefStew25
04-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Gawd his dimples. Mmmmm

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2017, 09:13 PM
In one of his first extensive interviews since he announced his retirement from the NFL, DeMarcus Ware sat down with The Denver Post on Thursday and opened up about his bout with injuries, his reasons for stepping away and some of his favorite moments in Denver.

But during the 90-minute conversation, Ware shared much more about his his 12-year NFL career, from his 138.5 career sacks, to his time with Von Miller and Shane Ray, to the top highlight of his career that left him tears.

What do your 138.5 career sacks mean to you now?

“I look at all these sacks and think about how I got there. It wasn’t from always being the best or being the most heavily recruited or the guy that was the most-sought-after. I went back home last year and I went to the apartment I stayed in and it was No. 56. The person I tried to always model my play after was Lawrence Taylor, but I never thought about 56 that was on that apartment door. You start thinking about those small things and how they progress.

“I look at this right here (the list of quarterbacks he sacked) and look at all the accolades and I feel like it started as a child, wanting to have my own identity instead of just being a football player. I never thought about being a football player because everybody in my family was a football player. I wanted to play baseball. I wanted to run track. I blew my arm out in baseball so I started playing football. It was happenstance. I started playing football and I go to Troy and I’m a 180-pound wide receiver and they stick me at defensive end.

“It’s just really amazing to think about where you start and how you finish your career.”

rest - much more - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/07/demarcus-ware-nfl-reflection-super-bowl-memory/