PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign DT's Domata Peko & Zach Kerr

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Huge day for John Elway: Broncos have agreed to terms on 2-year deals with Bengals DT Domata Peko and Colts DT Zach Kerr. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Broncos now have two two Pekos on D-line: Domata and cousin Kyle

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 50s50 seconds ago

Broncos signed DT Domata Peko with 2 year, $7.5 million deal, $3.8 million guaranteed (2017 pay out). Good deal for 33 yrs old. #9sports

Poet
Peko might surprise us, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Davii
Good job John! Our only glaring need is another OT.

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Chris Harris‏Verified account @ChrisHarrisJr 56s57 seconds ago

Oh yea Peko hella stout lol good pick up

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Peko might surprise us, but I'm not overly optimistic.

He's still good, isn't he? You probably saw him more than most of us week to week in game action the last few years.

Poet
03-11-2017, 04:34 PM
He was once a beast of a player. He was not good in Cincinnati the past few years IIRC. But, he's not horrible, he can stay on the field for a long time, and that man wants a postseason win.

Poet
03-11-2017, 04:35 PM
He's still good, isn't he? You probably saw him more than most of us week to week in game action the last few years.

I think he's probably very average. I'm trying to contain the fact that I'm stoked we signed him because he's not awful and I loved him in Cincinnati. But there's a reason he's in the second or third tier of FA.

Rick
03-11-2017, 04:42 PM
I got real excited for a moment there when I thought that read Poe...

Still solid guys though.

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Zack Kerr also played NT for the Colts, wasn't tendered a deal as a restricted FA. May compete at NT, see some snaps at DE, too.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Don't be surprised if Peko (NT)-Kerr (DE) start, adding 650 pounds, which should help vs. massive OAK O-line twice a year. #9sports

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Both Domata Peko and Zach Kerr are direct responses to #Broncos poor run D last season.

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Domata Peko has played all 16 games in 10 of 11 seasons. That's incredible. Elway may have saved the DL today. #9sports

Vic Lombardi‏Verified account @VicLombardi 4m4 minutes ago

Take care of the trenches. The game starts in the trenches. Trench warfare. Broncos are now entrenched.

Rick
03-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Should make us solid enough at NT, hopefully Gotis has developed enough at DE that the DL will be fixed.

Now, about that LT...

spikerman
03-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Dare I say it........... Ryan Clady with a friendly deal?

CoachChaz
03-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Both are solid depth signings. Peko also brings leadership as a former team captain.

Davii
03-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Dare I say it........... Ryan Clady with a friendly deal?

Better than what's on the roster. Didn't he say he's retiring though?

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Better than what's on the roster. Didn't he say he's retiring though?

He was on with Kreckman and Harris and sounded like he wanted to play.

Kreckman and Harris are great btw, I was pissed when Nalen quit but Harris is better.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Peko needs to be on a snap count, I think, they should go 3-deep at NT imo.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Not a whole lot of $ spent either. Still got plenty of cap space to get Romo if we want him. I'm fine with getting Romo if we do provided we trade Siemian for something (I'm still excited about the thought of bringing in Sheldon Richardson). It would also be a double whammy on Houston, you know they traded Oz to get Romo. It would be awesome if we got him instead.

turftoad
03-11-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm not or haven't been impressed with Peko the past couple of years. Don't know much about Kerr.
Better than nothing I guess.

VonDoom
03-11-2017, 05:29 PM
If nothing else, these signings show a philosophical shift in how we approach the lines. All four guys have been big and physical. We're getting away from "athletic" undersized linemen and going back to big maulers. I'm okay with that. Or as Cameron Wolfe put it on Twitter, we're not getting "punked" at the lines anymore. Wade always liked small DT's right? Seems like we want the big bodies there now.

Northman
03-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Makes me think that with our pickups so far that John may concentrate on playmakers in the draft.

OrangeHoof
03-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Peko, IIRC, is the guy who looks like his hair is on fire. That's fine. Your NT can't be judged by stats. His job is to stand up the blockers so others can come in and make the plays. That's a good price - he's signing to get a ring after all those years in Bengaldesh.

BroncoWave
03-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Makes me think that with our pickups so far that John may concentrate on playmakers in the draft.

Which I'm totally ok with. We really need another playmaker or two on offense, and I'd be fine with drafting a guy like McCaffery or one of those top TEs to fill those roles. This is a weak draft for o-line so I'd rather we draft a playmaker early instead of reaching for a tackle because we need one.

NightTerror218
03-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Peko is a great space eater who can generate some preasure. He is older but still has good sack dance moves with flowing hair.

Northman
03-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Which I'm totally ok with. We really need another playmaker or two on offense, and I'd be fine with drafting a guy like McCaffery or one of those top TEs to fill those roles. This is a weak draft for o-line so I'd rather we draft a playmaker early instead of reaching for a tackle because we need one.

Pretty much where im at.

Poet
03-11-2017, 06:48 PM
BPA is the religion we pray too. If it really is a RB, so be it.

God...spare my soul.

Northman
03-11-2017, 06:52 PM
When it comes to our first round pick i would love to come away with Howard or McCaffery. After that it really doesnt matter for me.

CoachChaz
03-11-2017, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't brush off the Kerr acquisition. I thought he was a bit underrated coming out and in the right defense, he could be really good. He wont be a Pro-Bowl player, but definitely more than serviceable.

Joel
03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Pretty much. We still need another coverage ILB, but 3-4 ILBs aren't 4-3 MLBs: They're the kind of complementary (i.e. role)players where top talent often lasts well into the 2nd or even 3rd rounds. That's especially true if a given draft's deep at the position (not being a college fan, I've no idea whether THIS draft qualifies.) 3-4 NTs and OTs (on either side) do NOT do that, so I'm stoked we got a couple solid ones and a very good starting G.

Left tackle though... that's a problem, especially with a couple young QBs we don't want to permanently cripple both physically and psychologically.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Peko needs to be on a snap count, I think, they should go 3-deep at NT imo.

He'd only play on run downs anyway. He's not a penetrator. If we can avoid what we say last year where teams are getting 5-6 yards on first down then he won't have to stay on field long.

Cugel
03-11-2017, 09:18 PM
OK. I'm rather meh. I wanted to see Chris Baker who signed TAMPA —
"The Bucs are excited about what new DT Chris Baker will bring on the field — 9½ sacks, five forced fumbles and 100 tackles the past two years with Washington — and fans will like the lighthearted personality he will bring to the locker room.

"I think I'm a funny guy. I like to dance a lot," Baker said Saturday as he was introduced at One Buc Place after signing a three-year deal reportedly worth $18 million. "But I like to win. … I'm always that guy that plays around probably a little bit too much, but that's just me. I've never been ultraserious."

Baker is actually a penetrating tackle who generates intense pressure right up the middle. He's a difference maker. These guys are basically run stuffers. OK. That helps. But, DTs who get 4 1/2 sacks a year? That's rare. No longer can the QB step up into a perfect pocket to escape Von Miller. Middle pressure is the key and the Broncos passed on a player who didn't get a huge amount of money, but who provides incredible value.

But, there are a lot of DEs in the draft. Unlike with OT, there are guys who could come in and make plays in their rookie year at DE/DT.

DenBronx
03-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Elway goes bargain basement to fill the trenches. So that leaves us in great cap position to sign a few other guys.

What we need now is LT and I'd go after Clady. Get a solid #3 WR, preferably slot guy. Desperately need a TE. Who is out there or do we just draft one? Romo will be a Bronco and I think Trevor gets shipped for a draft pick. And please resign DWARE!

I can also see us taking a swing on Christian McCaffery in the 1st.

That would be a solid offseason. Alot of veterans but I think we should still be in a win now mindset.

Cugel
03-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Pretty much. We still need another coverage ILB, but 3-4 ILBs aren't 4-3 MLBs: They're the kind of complementary (i.e. role)players where top talent often lasts well into the 2nd or even 3rd rounds. That's especially true if a given draft's deep at the position (not being a college fan, I've no idea whether THIS draft qualifies.) 3-4 NTs and OTs (on either side) do NOT do that, so I'm stoked we got a couple solid ones and a very good starting G.

Left tackle though... that's a problem, especially with a couple young QBs we don't want to permanently cripple both physically and psychologically.

At this point, I think they are all in on Ryan Ramczyk in the first round. And pray that he recovers enough from his off-season surgery to be ready. I just think that's not going to be good. Or Garrett Bolles.

Cugel
03-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Elway goes bargain basement to fill the trenches. So that leaves us in great cap position to sign a few other guys.

What we need now is LT and I'd go after Clady. Get a solid #3 WR, preferably slot guy. Desperately need a TE. Who is out there or do we just draft one? Romo will be a Bronco and I think Trevor gets shipped for a draft pick. And please resign DWARE!

I can also see us taking a swing on Christian McCaffery in the 1st.

That would be a solid offseason. Alot of veterans but I think we should still be in a win now mindset.

You want Clady, because he's a name you know. But, he's washed up. He has hurt the same leg over and over again since 2012.

Cugel
03-11-2017, 09:36 PM
When it comes to our first round pick i would love to come away with Howard or McCaffery. After that it really doesnt matter for me.

Those would be awesome picks! Either would cause Broncos fans intense joy. But, how can they do it? They haven't got a starting LT! Not unless they are planning on starting Donald Stephenson at LT. And that's impossible. We can't get by with Ty Sambrailo who can't get healthy and isn't strong enough. Michael Schofield at LT? Really? Please God, no.

Northman
03-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Those would be awesome picks! Either would cause Broncos fans intense joy. But, how can they do it? They haven't got a starting LT! Not unless they are planning on starting Donald Stephenson at LT. And that's impossible. We can't get by with Ty Sambrailo who can't get healthy and isn't strong enough. Michael Schofield at LT? Really? Please God, no.

They may not solve that issue this year unless someone steps up or another FA trade of some kind.

Jsteve01
03-11-2017, 09:54 PM
You want Clady, because he's a name you know. But, he's washed up. He has hurt the same leg over and over again since 2012.

he didn't have a leg injury this year. Rotator cuff. And his projected stats last year prior to the rotator cuff were better than Okung in penalties and sacks allowed...soo....if you can get him on the cheap then he's a viable option. I mean shit we just gave Watson 6 mill and he was never an all pro and he's always hurt

chazoe60
03-11-2017, 10:02 PM
I don't understand the OJ Howard love. Other than a couple plays in the last two National Championship games the dude really hasn't done much of anything.

Northman
03-11-2017, 10:06 PM
I don't understand the OJ Howard love. Other than a couple plays in the last two National Championship games the dude really hasn't done much of anything.

Basically this is his upside. I dont think he would be a 1st round projection if he actually sucked.

Exceptionally gifted athlete. Has long arms and massive hands for his position. Tremendous acceleration into his routes. Has tools to torment defenses on second and third level. Play speed resembles a wide receiver's when the ball is in the air. Linebackers have no shot against him in space. Can turn a short throw into a long gain. Light on his feet and smooth out of his breaks. Easy separator who creates instant throwing windows when he hits the gas. Natural pass catcher who plucks it away from his body. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls and secure contested catches. Shows no lack of toughness over the middle. Can be lined up all over the field. Monster championship game in 2015 season revealed true potential. Has elite ceiling as playmaker. Lands his hands inside the frame as a blocker. Operates with wide base and attempts to snap hips into his block.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 10:08 PM

I'll take the '16 Ryan Clady.

He's far better than anyone Denver has at the moment.

chazoe60
03-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Basically this is his upside. I dont think he would be a 1st round projection if he actually sucked.

You're right North, no first round pick has ever sucked. ;)

Northman
03-11-2017, 10:13 PM
You're right North, no first round pick has ever sucked. ;)

I never said that.

Hawgdriver
03-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Good point. This is why I like c-mac

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 11:36 PM
OJ Howard was criminally underused at Bama, like Julio Jones when he was there. I think I'd rather have David Njoku but Howard would be damn nice too.

Ziggy
03-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Peko was brought in to be the secret weapon in goal line offense:

watch?v=huolfNTLgB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huolfNTLgB0

Ziggy
03-11-2017, 11:41 PM

He wasn't used much in the passing game at Alabama because they are a run first offense and OJ is a great blocker. When he was given his chances, which were rare, he showed what he could do as a receiver. He also had his best game when the most was on the line.

Hawgdriver
03-11-2017, 11:42 PM
The best thing anyone has said about OJ Howard was scouting reports during senior bowl, they said he was the man, the rest were boys. Some things are just true.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 11:58 PM
The best thing anyone has said about OJ Howard was scouting reports during senior bowl, they said he was the man, the rest were boys. Some things are just true.

That's because the man made them look like boys.

Hawgdriver
03-12-2017, 01:53 AM
That's because the man made them look like boys.

"A Bitter Man"

:laugh:

Cugel
03-12-2017, 12:43 PM
The Broncos need to get their LT via a trade so they can land a STUD like Howard with the #20 pick. There will be guys who fall. They could take Howard, they could take Christian McCaffrey, they could land a defensive stud like Jabril Peppers. There are a LOT of great players. The Broncos should look to add an immediate impact player at that pick.

But, they can't do that if they have to draft to fill a gaping hole at LT with Ryan Ramczyk or Bolles! :tsk:

BTW: There are several good TE prospects in this draft including my favourite: "Jake Butt"of Michigan. "Another first down for Butt!" :laugh:

Ziggy
03-12-2017, 01:36 PM
The Broncos need to get their LT via a trade so they can land a STUD like Howard with the #20 pick. There will be guys who fall. They could take Howard, they could take Christian McCaffrey, they could land a defensive stud like Jabril Peppers. There are a LOT of great players. The Broncos should look to add an immediate impact player at that pick.

But, they can't do that if they have to draft to fill a gaping hole at LT with Ryan Ramczyk or Bolles! :tsk:

BTW: There are several good TE prospects in this draft including my favourite: "Jake Butt"of Michigan. "Another first down for Butt!" :laugh:

It's possible that Elway likes Bolles, Robinson, and Ramczyk so much that he's ok with taking one of them at the 20th pick. I don't think Robinson will be there, but I do think all 3 are solid LT prospects. Nothing wrong with spending the 20th pick on any of them.

spikerman
03-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Anybody else waiting for JB to take a hard hit only to have an announcer say that "Butt was drilled?"

Maybe it's just me.

Hawgdriver
03-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Butt takes a hard shot.

Butt shakes loose!!

Yeah, we need more of this.

chazoe60
03-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Butt takes a hard shot.

Butt shakes loose!!

Yeah, we need more of this.

Butt finds a crack in the defense.

chazoe60
03-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Romo hits Butt down the seam.

Northman
03-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Romo streamlined that pass through a tight hole to Butt.

OrangeHoof
03-12-2017, 04:13 PM
It's possible that Elway likes Bolles, Robinson, and Ramczyk so much that he's ok with taking one of them at the 20th pick. I don't think Robinson will be there, but I do think all 3 are solid LT prospects. Nothing wrong with spending the 20th pick on any of them.

The only issue I have with any of those three is that they may get chewed alive as rookies. Robinson is the most athletic but he has discipline issues. Bolles is a JUCO transfer who is also a Morman so you are getting an older player with a lack of major college experience. Ramczyk is another JUCO transfer but at least he is Big 10 tested. FWIW, Roderick Johnson of Florida State is ranked behind those three but has the physical gifts to be better than any of them. Just lacks some maturity and needs better footwork on speed rushers. If we do take a flier on another position in the first round, I hope we can land Johnson in the second.

Poet
03-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Bring on a rookie LT. No team has zero holes -- trial by fire in order to ensure the future sounds fine to me.

Hawgdriver
03-12-2017, 08:35 PM
No team has zero holes

Especially not Butt's team.

Poet
03-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Especially not Butt's team.

:lol::lol::lol:

spikerman
03-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Ok, I guess it wasn't just me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Denver will draft a tackle in the 3rd who's raw with a lot of upside. He'll get coached up and be playing at a pro bowl level by week 6.

Schlereth will go on the air multiple times staring straight at the camera, blathering about how Elway got lucky and we still missed out on Campbell, while begrudgingly admitting Denver is once again a top 5 run defense and a over #1

Poet
03-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Al, the media describes Stink as a Denver legend. But I don't like him a lot. But you say he's not a legend. I'm confused as to what I should be feeling now.

Hold me, Al. Be my mayor.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Butt takes one for the team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Al, the media describes Stink as a Denver legend. But I don't like him a lot. But you say he's not a legend. I'm confused as to what I should be feeling now.

Hold me, Al. Be my mayor.

He was part of a legendary team. He was the fourth best lineman on that team (maybe the 5th. Some would argue Habib was better), fwiw.

Besides, he's an Idaho Vandal, which is equivalent to "puppy connoisseur".

Poet
03-12-2017, 10:54 PM
He was part of a legendary team. He was the fourth best lineman on that team (maybe the 5th. Some would argue Habib was better), fwiw.

Besides, he's an Idaho Vandal, which is equivalent to "puppy connoisseur".

I'll defer to your knowledge, sir.

NCBronco
03-13-2017, 09:00 AM

This ^ :D, NOT this ˅ :mad:

It's possible that Elway likes Bolles, Robinson, and Ramczyk so much that he's ok with taking one of them at the 20th pick..

Joel
03-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Elway doesn't spend 1st round picks on OTs NOR immediate impact players. You'll have to ask him why.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Elway doesn't spend 1st round picks on OTs NOR immediate impact players. You'll have to ask him why.
Yeah, Von Miller was definitely a project.

Joel, players drafted at the end of the first round are going to have a hard time cracking the starting lineup on a talented roster.

broncofaninfla
03-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Speaking of projects, Saints DE Kasim Edebali is in town for a interview. He's from Hamburg Germany. Too small to play DE for us, would be a OLB.

dogfish
03-13-2017, 11:15 AM

it's because he hates you, joel-- he's determined to break your spirit with inferior OTs. . .

NightTerror218
03-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Roby ray sly miller....none got reps their first year or became key players

Freyaka
03-13-2017, 11:24 AM
I think he's probably very average. I'm trying to contain the fact that I'm stoked we signed him because he's not awful and I loved him in Cincinnati. But there's a reason he's in the second or third tier of FA.

He's not going to do much from a pass rush standpoint. He's not Malik, however, he's an upgrade over sly when it comes to run stopping and that's just as important IMO. With a deep DT draft, we'll find someone to split time with him who will develop into a starter.

Rick
03-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Hopefully Gotis develops enough to fill in on passing downs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Hopefully Gotis develops enough to fill in on passing downs.

I think he will. He showed improvement towards the end of the season.

Joel
03-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Von Miller was definitely a project.

Joel, players drafted at the end of the first round are going to have a hard time cracking the starting lineup on a talented roster.
If the #2 overall pick doesn't make an immediate impact, you're doing something (very) wrong.

Roby ray sly miller....none got reps their first year or became key players
Became=/=immediate. The only one of them who was an immediate STARTER, much less an immediate impact, was Roby: As #3 CB. Sly didn't start til injury promoted him halfway through the year, and Ray only played when Ware was tired and/or hurt. That's not "immediate impact."

VonDoom
03-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Patrick Smyth‏Verified account @psmyth12 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos' DL addition @DomataPeko will be available to the media at 12 pm MT in the press room at UCHealth Training Center.

GEM
03-13-2017, 12:11 PM

Yea, Von isn't impact. Roby isn't either, yet, isn't it you who is saying he's Talib's replacement and that replacement should have happened a year ago? FFS man. Shane Ray hasn't had any impact? In 2 years, he's replacing DWare and has done very well in taking over during Ware's absences. 3 out of 5. Sylvester and Lynch being his 2 that haven't. Though, Rodgers wasn't an impact player while riding the bench either. Your logic is flawed.

Rick
03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Sly wasn't great but he DID start the last 2 years. So at the very least, partial impact.

Freyaka
03-13-2017, 12:23 PM
If the #2 overall pick doesn't make an immediate impact, you're doing something (very) wrong.

Became=/=immediate. The only one of them who was an immediate STARTER, much less an immediate impact, was Roby: As #3 CB. Sly didn't start til injury promoted him halfway through the year, and Ray only played when Ware was tired and/or hurt. That's not "immediate impact."

But you just proved his point...When your team has quality starters, it's hard for the rookie to see the field. They did make an impact by coming in due to injury or to spell the clear-cut starter.

Do you really expect a rookie to come in and replace a guy of the caliber of Ware immediately? When your starter is a big time player, the rookie isn't going to be an immediate replacement, but when he's coming in and spelling that player and making plays WHILE spelling that player, that is an immediate impact, or as immediate of an impact as you are going to get when you've got a guy like Ware in front of you.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I for one am thankful we take a bpa approach to the first round, although I was a little thrown off by drafting Lynch last year.

Joel
03-13-2017, 12:41 PM
I stand corrected: "Immediate" means "two years after drafted" and "impact" means "backup."

Congrats to Ty Sambrailo on his "immediate impact." ;)

I for one am thankful we take a bpa approach to the first round, although I was a little thrown off by drafting Lynch last year.
No, we take the Best Player LEFT after 20 teams get first choice: That's why our 2015 BPA has started 8 games in two years.

Hawgdriver
03-13-2017, 12:47 PM
I stand corrected

:clap:

GEM
03-13-2017, 12:49 PM
I stand corrected: "Immediate" means "two years after drafted" and "impact" means "backup."

Congrats to Ty Sambrailo on his "immediate impact." ;)

No, we take the Best Player LEFT after 20 teams get first choice: That's why our 2015 BPA has started 8 games in two years.

Sambrailo wasn't a first round pick.

VonDoom
03-13-2017, 12:59 PM
T.J. Ward‏Verified account @BossWard43 7m7 minutes ago

Just met our two new D linemen! They gone be a lot of help ��. Keep them off me! Lol

VonDoom
03-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "Our goal was to fortify our offensive line & defensive line in free agency ... and that's been done."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Broncos Vance Joseph "We got bigger on both sides of the ball." @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 28s28 seconds ago

Domata Peko said he had interest from Eagles, 49ers, Bengals and Vikings. VJ was big impact on him coming to #Broncos

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 21s22 seconds ago

Domata Peko says he'll lead by example. "I like to show my leadership through work ethic & how I present myself on & off the field."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Domata Peko says the presence of his cousin, Kyle Peko, "had a little bit" to do with him signing with the Broncos.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Domata Peko said he's excited to play with his little cousin, Kyle. He looks forward to sharpening each other up.

Cecil Lammey‏ @CecilLammey 37s37 seconds ago

Domata Peko #Broncos @1043TheFan "I like to play with a lot of energy and excitement. I'm excited to be on the field with Von [and company]"

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Peko: "I don't consider myself just a nose.. I want to make plays sideline to sideline."

VonDoom
03-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Zach Kerr said the 49ers, Lions, Giants were also interested, but playing with #Broncos was "no brainer."

Cecil Lammey‏ @CecilLammey 1m1 minute ago

Zach Kerr #Broncos @1043TheFan "I played all over the place (with the Colts). I'm willing to play any position [DEN] wants me to play."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 48s49 seconds ago

Kerr's first NFL game was here in Denver. The 2014 season-opener when Peyton Manning was Broncos' QB.

Cecil Lammey‏ @CecilLammey 30s30 seconds ago

Zach Kerr #Broncos @1043TheFan "Knowing the history behind this organization, I was excited to come here."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 19s19 seconds ago

Zach Kerr said he was "a little surprised" the Colts didn't give him an RFA tender. "But it's OK. I think I'm in the right spot now."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15s15 seconds ago

#Broncos Kerr said important to be stout vs. run. "That's the direction we are going here." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Zach Kerr said he first got familiar with Bill Kollar leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft ... excited to get to work with him.

VonDoom
03-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: OL/DL & getting more physical "was a focus for us ... it's been a good start."

Elway: "We're not done." Stephenson will get a look at LT, and Watson could, at well.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

John Elway asked about LT: "We're not done yet. Last time I heard we don't go to camp until July."

Elway: Leary and Watson are "both real positive guys that like playing the game."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 56s56 seconds ago

Elway, on Tony Romo: "Tony's under contract still, last time I checked.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 44s44 seconds ago

Elway: "Nothing's changed since the Combine. We like the two guys we have here."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 42s43 seconds ago

Elway said he told DeMarcus Ware: "I never say never ... I stay open to everything & we'll see how things go."

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 34s35 seconds ago

Elway said DeMarcus Ware is going to test the market, they're keeping in touch with where he is.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 37s38 seconds ago

Elway said the Broncos believe Kerr "has a high ceiling" ... said they wanted him as an undrafted free agent in 2014.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 56s57 seconds ago

Elway: Zach Kerr "has a chance to fit what we do well ... he plays hard and he chases the ball ... he has a lot of upside."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 30s31 seconds ago

Elway: "There's been a lot of things out there that aren't true as to what's going on with our quarterbacks."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33s33 seconds ago

Elway said the Broncos have talked to Dekoda Watson & Vance Walker. "We have interest in both of those players, still."

chazoe60
03-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Loved the sound of both of theses guys' press conferences. Loved it. Great attitude from both of these gentlemen.

slim
03-13-2017, 01:28 PM

I'm not convinced Lynch was a BPA pick. It seems it was based on need.

I fear we will get more of the same this year because we don't have a LT

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 01:54 PM
I'm not convinced Lynch was a BPA pick. It seems it was based on need.

I fear we will get more of the same this year because we don't have a LT

Agreed----

Poet
03-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Agreed----

I think he was BPA. The talent the guy has is staggeringly high. Side note - that means nothing, absolutely nothing, if the reports are true that he's lazy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 02:02 PM
I think he was BPA. The talent the guy has is staggeringly high. Side note - that means nothing, absolutely nothing, if the reports are true that he's lazy.

I was more concerned about his football iq

Poet
03-13-2017, 02:07 PM
I was more concerned about his football iq

Well, I think we're looking at it the same way. Even if someone has an average or low ability to learn something, they can learn it to a high degree (literally and figuratively) if they work hard at it.

The talent level is absurd. His arm is redonkulous. He's fast, durable, can throw with touch, et al. Everyone was amazed by Wentz' talents and Lynch is half a notch behind him.

Upon reflection, I like the Peko signing. I wish he was Poe, but we can't sign everyone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Well, I think we're looking at it the same way. Even if someone has an average or low ability to learn something, they can learn it to a high degree (literally and figuratively) if they work hard at it.

The talent level is absurd. His arm is redonkulous. He's fast, durable, can throw with touch, et al. Everyone was amazed by Wentz' talents and Lynch is half a notch behind him.

Upon reflection, I like the Peko signing. I wish he was Poe, but we can't sign everyone.

I agree with 97.34 percent of this.

Poet
03-13-2017, 02:34 PM
I agree with 97.34 percent of this.

Let's make a madden trade for Andrew Luck!

NightTerror218
03-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Peko is a great bargain pick up. Instant uphrase over sly. Sly was one of lowest rated interior defensive players last season.

DT position in my mind has a couple year bandaid but a new playera needs to be drafted or developed

Freyaka
03-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Let's make a madden trade for Andrew Luck!

I could get behind that QB change.

VonDoom
03-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos DL Zach Kerr's 2-yr deal is $3.25M w/ 1.5M gtd. 250K in 46-man gameday incentives. 500K sign bonus. Could start at 3-tech.

dogfish
03-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos DL Zach Kerr's 2-yr deal is $3.25M w/ 1.5M gtd. 250K in 46-man gameday incentives. 500K sign bonus. Could start at 3-tech.

what the hell does that mean? we don't even have a three-tech in our base defense. . . is he trying to say this guy is going to play as an interior pass rusher in the nickel?

Freyaka
03-14-2017, 11:31 AM
what the hell does that mean? we don't even have a three-tech in our base defense. . . is he trying to say this guy is going to play as an interior pass rusher in the nickel?

New coach, new system. Just because we didn't utilize a 3-tech in our base last year, doesn't mean that it won't be the same this year. I think it's entirely possible we could be using a multiple front this year rather than simply 3-4. 3-tech is more common in a 4-3, but it is used on 3-4 and multiple fronts. I really think that's why we were going after Campbell, because he also can be a 3-tech D-lineman.

dogfish
03-14-2017, 11:40 AM
New coach, new system. Just because we didn't utilize a 3-tech in our base last year, doesn't mean that it won't be the same this year. I think it's entirely possible we could be using a multiple front this year rather than simply 3-4. 3-tech is more common in a 4-3, but it is used on 3-4 and multiple fronts. I really think that's why we were going after Campbell, because he also can be a 3-tech D-lineman.

they said they were going to use the same front this year. . . i think wolf is just confused. . .

Freyaka
03-14-2017, 11:46 AM
they said they were going to use the same front this year. . . i think wolf is just confused. . .

If we run multiple fronts they can still primarily operate out of the same front, but also show different looks to confuse the offense. All that was said is that we are staying with 3-4, that doesn't mean we won't be mixing in other looks. That said, more teams are using a 3-tech in a 3-4 front these days so it's not unheard of that we utilize him as a 3-tech even if we only run a 3-4 front.