PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal

goodforubud
03-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Many year lurker here. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to throw a trade proposal out there. I'm sure I'll get a bit roasted as this does seem somewhat ridiculous, but hey why not?

Broncos Get:
Joe Thomas
Josh Gordon (looks like he will be reinstated and Browns want nothing to do with him)

Brown Get:
DT
2017 2nd round Pick

There is nothing left in FA to help us solidify LT
Terrell Pryor is likely to sign elsewhere and Cleveland could use a #1 WR

Worst case scenario, Broncos trade DT and 2nd for Joe Thomas and get nothing from Gordon. That would be a win for Cleveland.
Best case, Gordon bounces back and replaces DT's output, and Broncos essentially trade 2nd for Joe Thomas.

Thoughts?

Northman
03-09-2017, 11:04 PM
I think Gordon has pretty much used up all his 2nd and 3rd chances. WAY to big of a risk to try and swap him and DT in a trade. Plus, DT is worth more than just 2 players in my opinion so if i were theoretically do that trade the Browns would have to give up Joe Thomas and at least a 1st this year and next. But with all that said i dont see anything like this going down no matter who and what picks are involved.

weazel
03-09-2017, 11:05 PM
I will talk to John about this

Hawgdriver
03-09-2017, 11:10 PM
I would pick Joe before Demaryius during recess.

weazel
03-09-2017, 11:12 PM
but Demaryius' relatives supply some good shit.

It would be an interesting trade though.

OrangeHoof
03-09-2017, 11:13 PM
What the Browns want are draft picks. I could see trading our first for Joe Thomas and come out ahead. But let us try first:

Cleveland sends Joe Thomas.
Denver sends WR Cody Lattimer, their 2nd round pick and Mr. Irrelevant (last 7th rounder). Dangle the first rounder only if needed.

CoachChaz
03-09-2017, 11:16 PM
I think Gordon has pretty much used up all his 2nd and 3rd chances. WAY to big of a risk to try and swap him and DT in a trade. Plus, DT is worth more than just 2 players in my opinion so if i were theoretically do that trade the Browns would have to give up Joe Thomas and at least a 1st this year and next. But with all that said i dont see anything like this going down no matter who and what picks are involved.

Two firsts and Joe Thomas for DT? Not a chance. They'd never get the two picks for him...let alone an All Pro left tackle.

ShaneFalco
03-09-2017, 11:16 PM
In Madden, i traded Okung and Stephenson to Chargers for Rivers.

Then teams offered me #2 pick for Trevor Siemian.

i declined. Because he is the hero we need right now.

DenBronx
03-09-2017, 11:17 PM
I somehow get the feeling Joe Thomas never wanted to be a Bronco. He is satisfied rotting away in shitty ass Cleveland.

And if it was going to get done it would have happened in the past couple of years.

I'm over it.

Timmy!
03-09-2017, 11:18 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/129/577/1a4.jpg

DenBronx
03-09-2017, 11:20 PM
And did someone really suggest trading DT??

goodforubud
03-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Very true. I failed to consider DT's intangibles. Cleveland throws in a 7th in 2019?

goodforubud
03-09-2017, 11:33 PM
And did someone really suggest trading DT??

More so advocating for Joe but I agree with DenBronx. He's probably wants to stay in Cleveland or he would have already been moved. In no way am I advocating to trade DT but if Broncs don't do something drastic, they are stuck drafting LT at #20.

goodforubud
03-09-2017, 11:41 PM
What the Browns want are draft picks. I could see trading our first for Joe Thomas and come out ahead. But let us try first:

Cleveland sends Joe Thomas.
Denver sends WR Cody Lattimer, their 2nd round pick and Mr. Irrelevant (last 7th rounder). Dangle the first rounder only if needed.

Lattimer has no trade value but thank you for bringing back super bowl memories with the mention of Mr. Irrelevant.

BroncoWave
03-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Very true. I failed to consider DT's intangibles. Cleveland throws in a 7th in 2019?

Ah yes, a 7th rounder in two years changes everything!

goodforubud
03-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Ah yes, a 7th rounder in two years changes everything!

My bad, I was jokingly replying to Weazel's reference to the Demaryius fam supply chain management. I would trade DT for Joe strait up if our alternative at LT is Ty or Schofield.

MOtorboat
03-10-2017, 12:30 AM
No.

Valar Morghulis
03-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Yup.

In a heart beat

MOtorboat
03-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Yup.

In a heart beat

I hope the Germans beat you back to Scotland.

LawDog
03-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Just got home from a new release party at a winery that I "belong" to (I don't know either, I pay money and get wine and the wife is happy) and therefore have a couple glasses of cab in me, but what in hell is this about? How about we package Von Miller and a 2018 third rounder in a three team swap with the Patriots and the Packers and we end up with Aaron Rodgers or something?

BeefStew25
03-10-2017, 12:38 AM
Many year lurker here. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to throw a trade proposal out there. I'm sure I'll get a bit roasted as this does seem somewhat ridiculous, but hey why not?

Broncos Get:
Joe Thomas
Josh Gordon (looks like he will be reinstated and Browns want nothing to do with him)

Brown Get:
DT
2017 2nd round Pick

Worst case scenario, Broncos trade DT and 2nd for Joe Thomas and get nothing from Gordon. That would be a win for Cleveland.
Best case, Gordon bounces back and replaces DT's output, and Broncos essentially trade 2nd for Joe Thomas.

Thoughts?

Let's see if this unfolds.

Hawgdriver
03-10-2017, 12:39 AM
Let's see if this unfolds.

Joe Thomas is the consummate hand in the dirter.

BeefStew25
03-10-2017, 01:21 AM
Joe Thomas is the consummate hand in the dirter.

His motor is high.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2017, 12:04 PM

I like this guy.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2017, 12:10 PM
How bout Cricker, Todd Davis and Max Garcia to the Rams for Greg Robinson...draft a T, let them duke it out in TC and loser moves to RG.

If no T is there at 20, move back a little and take Dion Dawkins and leave him at T.

slim
03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
So did this trade happen yet?

slim
03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
I like this guy.

I enjoyed that as well.

Traveler
03-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Broncos Get:
Joe Thomas

Brown Get:
DT
2017 2nd round Pick

Thoughts?

Puff, puff, pass dude! Need some of whatever it is you are smoking. Cleveland just spent $10's of millions of dollars on new players for the OL. Why would they then trade one of the best LT in the game? As you said there is little, if anything left in FA to help a team.

Slow day on BF so I guess this was something to pass the time.

Valar Morghulis
03-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Hardly a slow day, the forums have been buzzing for the last 36 hours.

I'll also have some of whatever he is smoking

Davii
03-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Hardly a slow day, the forums have been buzzing for the last 36 hours.

I'll also have some of whatever he is smoking

It's caffeine, taurine, and in Joe's case, nicotine!

Nomad
03-10-2017, 01:28 PM
So did this trade happen yet?

I'm sure the OP has gotten the reaction, from the members here, he was looking for.....considering he has lurked for years *cough* a former member who probably was banned. Joe Thomas is an after thought, and I want DT to remain a BRONCO.

BigDaddyBronco
03-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Could you see Josh Gordon trying to pass a drug test in Denver.....

7DnBrnc53
03-10-2017, 03:29 PM
I have two trades for OL:

1. Trade Cody Latimer (and perhaps a late-rounder) to Arizona for Jared Veldheer. They are looking at RT (possibly Fluker), and they will move 2015 first-rounder D.J. Humphries to LT.

2. Trade a third or fourth-rounder to Cleveland for OT Shon Coleman. Coleman is a second-year guy out of Auburn who the Browns drafted last year. However, with their recent signings, and their move of 2015 first-rounder Cameron Erving to RT, Coleman is expendable. He was looked at as a project coming out of school last year, but he has good potential at RT with the wingspan and hand size to maybe eventually play LT.

If they did that, you would have a line of Veldheer-Leary-Paradis-Garcia (or Scho or McGovern)-Coleman. Then, after getting rid of Sambo and Stephenson, I would draft another T (and maybe a G as well) in the draft. This also probably allows them to get an offensive playmaker (McCaffrey, Howard, or Ross) in Round 1.

Cugel
03-10-2017, 07:17 PM
For some reason, fans keep harping on the Browns trading Joe Thomas? Why would they? For draft picks? They have nine, repeat NINE first and second round picks the next two drafts. Plus, their draft picks are better than Denver's because of their terrible record. They are set with draft picks. What they need are starting caliber players.

And Joe THomas is the face of their franchise. Until Myles Garrett establishes himself as a star (count on it) Thomas is their team leader. NO chance they trade him. And for a 2nd round pick? They wouldn't take 2 first round picks for him right now. The former Browns coach and GM who were willing to do that got fired.

Hawgdriver
03-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Cleveland is a rising franchise. 2019 AFC championship game.

I said it.

Poet
03-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Cleveland is a rising franchise. 2019 AFC championship game.

I said it.

God...you hate this see it...you hate to see it when a stud poster just ****s up...

Moving on...

Hawgdriver
03-10-2017, 11:24 PM
God...you hate this see it...you hate to see it when a stud poster just ****s up...

Moving on...

They are doing smart things. Will it translate? I hope so. There is a certain philosophy afoot in Cle that I'm rooting for.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Hawg, Hue Jackson is the real deal.

#HueJacksonIsTheRealDeal

Ziggy
03-10-2017, 11:32 PM

Moving on...

It all depends on how they draft. If they blow the picks, they will still be the sad sack Browns. If they draft well, then Hue is the next Jimmy Johnson.

Poet
03-10-2017, 11:41 PM
It all depends on how they draft. If they blow the picks, they will still be the sad sack Browns. If they draft well, then Hue is the next Jimmy Johnson.

Even the 'new' regime has been a trainwreck. If they draft well...they'll have had their first good draft class in almost a decade. They're playing in a division with Baltimore and Pittsburgh, too.

Stop believing the hype.

Northman
03-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Browns have a real chance to right that ship but its all about whether they make the right choices or not. If they screw that up with that many picks and available money they may never recover.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Browns have a real chance to right that ship but its all about whether they make the right choices or not. If they screw that up with that many picks and available money they may never recover.

Especially in a draft this deep, they should come out with 5-6 Day 1 starters.

Hawgdriver
03-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Especially in a draft this deep, they should come out with 5-6 Day 1 starters.

Front office is mad analytical. We'll see.