PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clady is a free agent.

Broncoknight30
02-16-2017, 06:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693227-ryan-cladys-contract-option-declined-by-jets-will-become-free-agent

Jets declined his option. Would he be a good signing? Could he play RT? I know he had injuries, but would he be worth it?

dogfish
02-16-2017, 06:41 PM
hell no!

turftoad
02-16-2017, 08:03 PM
I'd take him over Okung if he's cheaper. Bout the same skill set. And for sure over Stephenson.

dogfish
02-16-2017, 08:17 PM
I'd take him over Okung if he's cheaper. Bout the same skill set. And for sure over Stephenson.

yeah, but who's gonna protect gimp romo once clady gets hurt again? :heh:

Softskull
02-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Exactly. He'd be good for the three games he plays over the season.

turftoad
02-16-2017, 10:53 PM

I know.
However, any player can get hurt. Clady can still play at a pro bowl level IF, yes Dog, IF he can stay healthy. He would be our best OT on either side. We thought big time about restructuring with him before he left.
We can get him back cheaper now!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-16-2017, 10:54 PM
hell no!

Boise hater!

Poet
02-17-2017, 12:06 AM
sign all the FA's, cut a bunch of our worthless wideouts, and then carry more old offensive lineman. If we can get 7 games out of whitworth, 5 out of Clady, and 4 out of Okung we'd be alright if we had a big postseason run.

#iknowthiscannothappenbutcomeon

NightTerror218
02-17-2017, 12:08 AM
Clady for vet min only

Bronco4ever
02-17-2017, 12:20 AM
My heart says yes but my brain says no. Clady was a stud before the injuries piled up, but he's just not what he once was.

Broncoknight30
02-17-2017, 04:11 AM
I think there are a few things we can consider. First of all even with him being injury prone, he is better than Stephenson. He is familiar with Mccoy's offense and vice versa. He isn't that old. He is going into his 9th season, which is not that bad. If healthy, he has a good 4 or 5 years left.

The other thing to me is who the Broncos are projected to pick. Ryan Ramczyk is undergoing hip surgery. I personally don't like that. Hip surgeries can be problematic, especially for large heavy men.

I guess my wish at this point is they draft this Austin Johnson 3-4 DE out of Penn State. He is getting a lot of good press lately and I think he is climbing. He will be there at 20. If the Broncos were to land Clady (I know big if and it most likely wont happen) and he was able to be RT opposite Okung, the Broncos could draft a decent guard in the 2nd round.

I don't think any of the guard in the draft are projected to be 1st rounders. There is a strong possibility that Joshua Garnett would be there. Personally, I would rather them address the void left by Malik Jackson at the DE position.

Yes, the OL is a problem. I do think Clady would be an improvement over Stephenson. I do think drafting Garnett would be great since he is projected as the number one guard in the draft. I also think Derek Wolfe is also problematic. He has shown to be very injury prone. I think we can all assume as fans he will be injured again. Couple that with Crick not being very good and who knows what the Broncos have in Gotsis.

Those are real issues for this team right now.

TXBRONC
02-17-2017, 08:37 AM
Boise hater!

I like Clady, but he's past his prime.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-17-2017, 09:54 AM
I like Clady, but he's past his prime.

I know he is, but I don't know that Okung is better. I was just kidding anyway

Freyaka
02-17-2017, 10:17 AM
We could sign Romo and Clady and have a competition to see which one goes on IR first.

weazel
02-17-2017, 11:38 AM
no thanks

Joel
02-17-2017, 12:10 PM
So's Gary Zimmerman; we should call him first. ;)

Joel
02-17-2017, 12:23 PM
I think there are a few things we can consider. First of all even with him being injury prone, he is better than Stephenson.
ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. That's kind of important for a guy who must pivot on that leg to prevent the NFLs top blindside rushers beating him to the QB with a first step so quick it's made them multimillionaires. It's like saying, "even with a torn right rotator cuff, ruptured right bicep and compound fracture of his right forearm, this guy's better than our worst QB." Maybe if he's a lefty, but his right arms injuries are NEVER going away after 30: They'll just get WORSE, probably fast.

We could sign Romo and Clady and have a competition to see which one goes on IR first.
It'd be a push: First scrimmage play Opening Day, Cladys leg explodes into hamburger confetti at the snap, then Romos back and shoulders do the same as Khalil Mack rushes by the first to the second, and they BOTH go on IR during the injury timeout.

It's too bad a 315 lb. dude loves basketball so much he sacrificed a lucrative All Pro NFL career to play another sport for fun for FREE in the offseason.

tripp
02-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Clady's time has expired as a Bronco, and maybe as a football player. I think it'd be a bad move bringing Clady due to his history of injuries.. just not the same player anymore. Ever since he tore his ACL(?) playing basketball in the off-season, that was a wrap for me with him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Clady's time has expired as a Bronco, and maybe as a football player. I think it'd be a bad move bringing Clady due to his history of injuries.. just not the same player anymore. Ever since he tore his ACL(?) playing basketball in the off-season, that was a wrap for me with him.

That was Liz franc, which he played well after.

He tore his ACL the following TC.

dogfish
02-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Boise hater!

you hush. . . i love boise way more than that faker jaded. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-17-2017, 03:44 PM
you hush. . . i love boise way more than that faker jaded. . .

Yeah, forget that communist.

Simple Jaded
02-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Y'all shut'chur faceholes!

Simple Jaded
02-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Yes please...swing tackle.

Joel
02-17-2017, 06:18 PM

Actually, the basketball injury was neither, but same leg EVERY time: He screwed it up playing basketball, early in the 2010 offseason, so had time to recover enough to start Opening Day, but played like crap all year. If memory serves he had another All Pro season in 2012—then lost nearly all of 2013 to the lisfranc on the side as the first injury, then played like crap again the following year. 2015 was supposed to be another return to form like 2012—then he tore the ACL on that same trashed leg and missed the whole season.

Maybe 2016 was just another down post-severe-injury season and he'll be an All Pro again in 2017. More likely that leg's (barely) held together with bandaids and prayer now and he'll never be a starting quality LT again. How much cap should we spend finding out—as our young QBs of the Possible Future run for their lives.

Broncoknight30
02-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Actually, the basketball injury was neither, but same leg EVERY time: He screwed it up playing basketball, early in the 2010 offseason, so had time to recover enough to start Opening Day, but played like crap all year. If memory serves he had another All Pro season in 2012—then lost nearly all of 2013 to the lisfranc on the side as the first injury, then played like crap again the following year. 2015 was supposed to be another return to form like 2012—then he tore the ACL on that same trashed leg and missed the whole season.

Maybe 2016 was just another down post-severe-injury season and he'll be an All Pro again in 2017. More likely that leg's (barely) held together with bandaids and prayer now and he'll never be a starting quality LT again. How much cap should we spend finding out—as our young QBs of the Possible Future run for their lives.

The point for me is he is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good. Can the Broncos really count on Wolfe? Talk about injury prone. That could be as big of deal as the bad OL.

Like I mentioned the player they are projected to pick (Ryan Ramcyzk) is having hip surgery. Is that an issue. I think that is.

Broncoknight30
02-17-2017, 06:53 PM

The point for me is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good. Can the Broncos really count on Wolfe? Talk about injury prone. That could be as big of deal as the bad OL.

Like I mentioned the player they are projected to pick (Ryan Ramcyzk) is having hip surgery. Is that an issue. I think that is.

Magnificent Seven
02-17-2017, 07:57 PM
He's injury prone and missed 2 Super Bowls. So, no thanks.

Joel
02-17-2017, 08:21 PM
The point for me is if he comes at a minimum and IF he could play RT he may be worth a look. He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson. At least for a season,

Again, those are big IFs. He probably would not be able to make the switch to RT and he more than likely would not come at a minimum. For me it is about using that first to pick to upgrade that DL. Cause right now it is not good.
It's a Hell of a lot better than the "OL" (btw, I deeply HATE both those terms; if DEs and DTs are interchangeable we can just shove Gotsis or someone out there if Sly leaves, right? McGovern's "OL;" he can play RT, or even LT, right?) And the "DL" isn't actually that bad, depending on whether 1) Walker's fully healthy again (in which case that's a no brainer re-sign) and 2) whether we sign Sly or someone as good/better to man NT. All the starters would be fine, leaving depth the sole issue.

I WISH we could say that of even HALF our "OL" starters. The best of the lot just had BOTH hips scoped (and even when healthy gave NO line surge.) Every stunt leaves him chasing his tail, which is true of ALL our linemen: Not good when your "veteran" QB is a 3rd-year 3rd stringer with a whopping 16 pro starts. We don't even HAVE starters on the right; Stephenson's washing out in a month and the RG just rotates the two guys who washed out before him. Which just leaves Okung, who's not getting $12M/yr through 2018 from US. Because he sucks too.

Maybe this draft sucks for "OL" (though so far all I've seen is people saying it's short on OTs, so I still hold out hope of getting a G by the 3rd round, which is all I could really hope for anyway: I just hope we don't try to draft another "starting" OT there.) But there are decent FA OTs out there, and even a slightly below average one would be a big improvement on ANYTHING we've got now. I wish ANY of our "OL" starters did their jobs as well as Wolfe and Sly, even Crick/Gotsis.

Freyaka
02-20-2017, 10:22 AM
He would still be an upgrade from Stephenson.

I mean, he'd actually have to play to be an upgrade...Given his history, he's about as likely to play a full season as Tony Romo is (which is to say, not likely)

TXBRONC
02-20-2017, 11:12 AM

He did tear a tendon in leg playing a pick up basketball game during McDaniel tenure as coach. I think it was '09 but it could have been '10.

Joel
02-20-2017, 03:02 PM
He did tear a tendon in leg playing a pick up basketball game during McDaniel tenure as coach. I think it was '09 but it could have been '10.*groans* I did the overview—TWICE, no less

2010: After an All Pro 2009, he tore a patella tendon playing pickup basketball, early enough he played by Opening Day, but never played WELL until:
2011: Finally back to form
2012: All Pro season
2013: Lisfranc Week 3 aborts his season
2014: SUCKED all year.
2015: Expecting the 2010-2012 pattern to continue, he instead tore an ACL at the end of camp and missed the season.
2016: SUCKED all year.

Key fact: ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. The LEFT leg; he's going against guys with the best "first step" in the NFL when he doesn't even HAVE one. That leg is DONE, so his career is too, especially with a torn rotator cuff for good measure. I hope it was a fun game of hoops until the career-stunting injury. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
02-20-2017, 03:04 PM
If Joel hates it, I'm all in.

Joel
02-20-2017, 04:26 PM
If Joel hates it, I'm all in.
I also hate beating myself with a ball peen hammer. Just FYI. ;)

Freyaka
02-20-2017, 05:15 PM

I'm also all in with you doing that. Please film it!

GEM
02-20-2017, 05:17 PM
I watched a couple Jets games this year, from what I saw, Clady is worse than Okung.

Cugel
02-20-2017, 07:36 PM
I know.
However, any player can get hurt. Clady can still play at a pro bowl level IF, yes Dog, IF he can stay healthy. He would be our best OT on either side. We thought big time about restructuring with him before he left.
We can get him back cheaper now!

He played 9 games for the Jets after they signed him last year. Then they let him go.

The guy just can't move any more apparently. Why did the Jets release him if he had anything left?

Answer: they wouldn't. At all.

As for RT, why would he want to play RT? He's been a LT all his career, and given the horrible, empty FA situation where even mediocre LTs are getting at least $20M a year he can get OVERPAID by some desperate team.

That team will not be the Broncos. He wouldn't come back here. Elway gave up on him just last year.

Cugel
02-20-2017, 07:39 PM
*groans* I did the overview—TWICE, no less

2010: After an All Pro 2009, he tore a patella tendon playing pickup basketball, early enough he played by Opening Day, but never played WELL until:
2011: Finally back to form
2012: All Pro season
2013: Lisfranc Week 3 aborts his season
2014: SUCKED all year.
2015: Expecting the 2010-2012 pattern to continue, he instead tore an ACL at the end of camp and missed the season.
2016: SUCKED all year.

Key fact: ALL injuries were to the SAME LEG. The LEFT leg; he's going against guys with the best "first step" in the NFL when he doesn't even HAVE one. That leg is DONE, so his career is too, especially with a torn rotator cuff for good measure. I hope it was a fun game of hoops until the career-stunting injury. :rolleyes:

You would Logically THINK he's done. But, given the horrible void that is quality FA LTs, I think some team will give him a look, and give him an incentive laden contract where he could make over $10M if he stays healthy and plays. Of course, he won't stay healthy, since when did he ever stay healthy?

Simple Jaded
02-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Swing Tackle...schwing!

Joel
02-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Swing Tackle...schwing!
We want a tackle, not a tally-whackle :tongue:

DenBronx
02-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Even with Cladys health issues you would think he is still better than most guys on the market. That's the problem, no one else is out there.

But, at least Okung played the full year. Hopefully Elway can convince Okung to take a team friendly deal. But we still need more depth.

Joel
02-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Maybe none are better, but MANY are no WORSE for far LESS. We don't need depth, or at least that's not our primary need: We need STARTERS. If we had that, most of our current "starters" are young enough, cheap enough and (now) experienced enough to be competent backups for GENUINE starters. They're just not equivalent.

Joel
02-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Case in point: Chris Clark's no worse than Okung was last year, but we traded him for a "high" 7th rounder. He'd be lucky to see $12M in a DECADE, much less a single SEASON. I'm an outspoken critic of dumpster diving for LTs, but if we MUST take recycled garbage those are the very players we should NOT pay like All Pros.

TXBRONC
02-22-2017, 06:48 PM

Then why do you do it? :confused:

Cugel
02-26-2017, 08:05 PM
It's interesting that Brandon Stokely is insisting that Clady is washed up and that signing him would be a confession by the Broncos that "well, all the FA Ts we targeted signed somewhere else, so I guess we better call Clady's agent."

I have no idea if Clady is washed up or not, but he only managed to play 9 games for the Jets last year after Denver released him, and now they are cutting him loose. He might make a better RT than LT by now.

He keeps re-injuring the same left leg. That's a sign that you could be done when that happens.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:08 PM
I hope he comes back so Jaded and I can further deepen our Boise discussions.

Simple Jaded
02-26-2017, 10:20 PM
I hope he comes back so Jaded and I can further deepen our Boise discussions.

Did you see they hired Hawkins/Peterson old OL Coach from the Boise glory days? I'm excited.

Simple Jaded
02-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Case in point: Chris Clark's no worse than Okung was last year, but we traded him for a "high" 7th rounder. He'd be lucky to see $12M in a DECADE, much less a single SEASON. I'm an outspoken critic of dumpster diving for LTs, but if we MUST take recycled garbage those are the very players we should NOT pay like All Pros.

Clark might never play again, I'm beginning to think it's a good thing you don't like any of the Broncos players. You're bad luck.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Did you see they hired Hawkins/Peterson old OL Coach from the Boise glory days? I'm excited.
I didn't, and to further my embarrassment I'm not aware of who that is, although Boise use to put out some quality linemen .

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:24 PM
You guys like Boise?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:26 PM
You guys like Boise?

I live in the Boise metro area. I've been watching BSU football for 36 years.

Simple Jaded
02-26-2017, 11:29 PM
I didn't, and to further my embarrassment I'm not aware of who that is, although Boise use to put out some quality linemen .

I never heard of him either and he coached at Cu. Looks like he coached Ryan Clady for his final season too.

Poet
02-26-2017, 11:42 PM
I live in the Boise metro area. I've been watching BSU football for 36 years.

That's cool, man.

JPPT1974
02-27-2017, 12:22 AM
Wonder where he will end up or what he would sign if retained by the Broncos?!

Joel
02-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Clark might never play again, I'm beginning to think it's a good thing you don't like any of the Broncos players. You're bad luck.
I never liked Clark; did you forget how I harped on his strip-sack-TDs in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES as proof Fox was nuts to publicly call Clark "the best backup OT in the NFL"? We were lucky to even get a FINAL round pick in trade for him, but that's not the point: Bad as he was, Okungs 2016 was no better, but ate FAR more cap.

I believe in spending premium picks/cash for premium OTs, not perpetually and vainly seeking the Terrell Davis of linemen—but that does NOT mean spending premium picks/cash for crap OTs. If Elway insists crap OTs protect his young QBs, I agree we shouldn't pay more than league minimum for THAT.

As to me being bad luck: Begging to dump Fox for Kubiak, Wade & Dennison worked out well, yes? Imagine if we'd done it when I wanted instead of a year later. ;) There's quite a number of Broncos players I like: I just don't automatically love every :censored: who wears orange and blue.

MOtorboat
02-27-2017, 12:27 PM
I never liked Clark; did you forget how I harped on his strip-sack-TDs in THREE STRAIGHT GAMES as proof Fox was nuts to publicly call Clark "the best backup OT in the NFL"? We were lucky to even get a FINAL round pick in trade for him, but that's not the point: Bad as he was, Okungs 2016 was no better, but ate FAR more cap.

I believe in spending premium picks/cash for premium OTs, not perpetually and vainly seeking the Terrell Davis of linemen—but that does NOT mean spending premium picks/cash for crap OTs. If Elway insists crap OTs protect his young QBs, I agree we shouldn't pay more than league minimum for THAT.

As to me being bad luck: Begging to dump Fox for Kubiak, Wade & Dennison worked out well, yes? Imagine if we'd done it when I wanted instead of a year later. ;) There's quite a number of Broncos players I like: I just don't automatically love every :censored: who wears orange and blue.

No. We all remember the spam.

Joel
02-27-2017, 01:53 PM
No. We all remember the spam.
Apparently not ALL. ;)

Cugel
02-27-2017, 02:38 PM

That's been my point all along. There are NO PREMIUM let alone elite LTs available in FA. None at all.

Whitworth is the best of them and he's 35. Teams lock up their premium LTs in long term contracts and they never hit FA. If a guy gets to FA that indicates he has a problem with his former team.

Example: Clady. Premium LT when he was healthy, he signed a big payday contract extension in 2013, then immediately blew out his knee. Came back and played in 2014 and was mediocre at best. Then blew out his knee again in a non-contact practice in July.

The Broncos let him go. The Jets, thinking "this guy's still relatively young and could be a franchise guy for us if he can get healthy. So, it's worth a gamble to us to sign him." They lost that gamble. He only played nine games for them and they paid him $7.5 M. Naturally, they passed on giving him the rest of his $20.5 M contract. The rest was not guaranteed, so they released him.

This is typical. If a guy was an elite talent, why would his team let him go?

According to Mark Schlereth the state of OL play in the NFL has never been worse, and college is going more to spread offenses so NFL style offensive linemen are getting fewer rather than more.

If you can find an average guy you'd better lock him up. If you have a better than average guy you really need to keep him, cause it's slim pickings out there in FA bargain basement land!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-27-2017, 03:07 PM
I never heard of him either and he coached at Cu. Looks like he coached Ryan Clady for his final season too.

He probably coached Darryn College too.

Simple Jaded
02-27-2017, 05:00 PM
I liked Nate Potter, he disappeared...I guess Joel liked him too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-27-2017, 10:21 PM
I liked Nate Potter, he disappeared...I guess Joel liked him too.

He was long, and a decent athlete. I think his issue was power.

Simple Jaded
02-28-2017, 02:21 AM
He was long, and a decent athlete. I think his issue was power.

And Joel.

sneakers
02-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Did he get hurt a lot on the jets?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Did he get hurt a lot on the jets?

He played the first 9 games and went on IR the last 7, I believe

Cugel
02-28-2017, 11:23 AM

With an injury to the same knee that put him on IR in 2013 and 2015. I'd say his best chance to remain in the NFL would be a move to RT, but he just might be done and out of the league. Keep going on IR and teams will stop taking your agent's phone calls. He made around $40M since signing that big contract in 2013 and managed to play 2 games in 2013, 16 games in 2014 in which he was very mediocre, no games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016 for the Jets. So, he's played 28 games out of 64 the last 4 years.

Done and done son.

Joel
02-28-2017, 01:56 PM
With an injury to the same knee that put him on IR in 2013 and 2015. I'd say his best chance to remain in the NFL would be a move to RT, but he just might be done and out of the league. Keep going on IR and teams will stop taking your agent's phone calls. He made around $40M since signing that big contract in 2013 and managed to play 2 games in 2013, 16 games in 2014 in which he was very mediocre, no games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016 for the Jets. So, he's played 28 games out of 64 the last 4 years.

Done and done son.
Actually, what I recall seeing online was that a torn rotator cuff is what sidelined him in NY. So I guess the good news is that his latest injury wasn't to the same leg as the other three. But a LT who can't use his left foot to match the first step of the NFLs best pass rushers is pretty much useless. And he wouldn't be much better at RT; it's not like the top pass rushers are REQUIRED to line up on the left, and frequently come from anywhere and everywhere out of a 3-4.

If Clady wants to try salvaging his career as a pure power run blocker, his best bet would probably be moving inside; even that may be a stretch with a bum shoulder.

Poet
02-28-2017, 01:59 PM

He can still be a backup. I also think it would behoove him to learn how to play some guard. There is a place in the league for savy guys who can do spot-duty.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-28-2017, 03:17 PM
He can still be a backup. I also think it would behoove him to learn how to play some guard. There is a place in the league for savy guys who can do spot-duty.

His feet and his hands were his biggest assets. I'm not sure what he brings if he doesn't have sweet feet anymore

Broncoknight30
02-28-2017, 05:33 PM
His feet and his hands were his biggest assets. I'm not sure what he brings if he doesn't have sweet feet anymore

I think my questions is if he is better than what the Broncos have now at RT. If so, then maybe. But yeah he is clearly damaged goods. At a minimal salary? Maybe.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
I think my questions is if he is better than what the Broncos have now at RT. If so, then maybe. But yeah he is clearly damaged goods. At a minimal salary? Maybe.

That might be a tough pill for him to swallow, would he be willing to go from being one of the two or three best left tacos in all of football to being a right tackle? He has made a lot of money in his career, he might just want to hang it up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Well, I just saw the typo. I'm not changing it though.

Slick
02-28-2017, 08:10 PM
The best taco is al pastor or camarones empanizados with lime and habanero.

Simple Jaded
02-28-2017, 10:04 PM
I love authentic Mexican food. Once someone on my crew give me a simple chili wrapped ina tortilla and it was un****imgbelievable.

Poet
02-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Most authentic Mexican food tastes worse than Taco Bell.

#brutaltruth

Simple Jaded
02-28-2017, 10:12 PM
Most authentic Mexican food tastes worse than Taco Bell.

#brutaltruth

To be fair tho Taco Bell isn't just for 3:00 am anymore, they're culinary geniuses.

Poet
02-28-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm just dicking around.

Hey Jaded, I'm bummed out man.

Simple Jaded
02-28-2017, 10:52 PM
I'm just dicking around.

Hey Jaded, I'm bummed out man.

Turn that frown upside down.

Broncoknight30
03-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Well, I just saw the typo. I'm not changing it though.

I submit that we call the position left taco from now on. Has a good ring to it.

Cugel
03-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Actually, what I recall seeing online was that a torn rotator cuff is what sidelined him in NY. So I guess the good news is that his latest injury wasn't to the same leg as the other three. But a LT who can't use his left foot to match the first step of the NFLs best pass rushers is pretty much useless. And he wouldn't be much better at RT; it's not like the top pass rushers are REQUIRED to line up on the left, and frequently come from anywhere and everywhere out of a 3-4.

If Clady wants to try salvaging his career as a pure power run blocker, his best bet would probably be moving inside; even that may be a stretch with a bum shoulder.

I stand corrected. Since I am not a Jets fan (thank God! I HATE the "J-E-S-T, Jest, Jest, Jest!"), I had no idea that it wasn't the same left leg he always hurts. Torn rotator cuff, eh? Well, that's a change but it all amounts to the same thing: IR. That dude has made more money while he was on IR than I will in my entire lifetime - i.e. over $40 M.

That's not bad money for hanging out each day with doctors and physical therapists!