PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Cab driver says John Elway is greatest QB of all-time, later realizes Broncos GM is in his cab Cab driver Sam Snow got a surprise meeting with the former two-time Super Bowl winning QB

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2017, 06:00 PM
This was when John and his wife attended the inauguration:

What would you do if you randomly met Broncos general manager John Elway during your regular, everyday life? Imagine it happening in the midst of unknowingly praising the Hall of Fame quarterback and listing him No. 1 on your all-time quarterback list.

That’s the story of this cab driver, Sam Snow, who got a surprise meeting with his choice for greatest of all-time. The hilarious interaction is better described through the video:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/23/john-elway-taxi-cab-video/

BroncoJoe
01-23-2017, 06:08 PM
I saw that on FB earlier. Totally awesome.

weazel
01-23-2017, 06:10 PM
When I met him I told him I loved him. I'm not joking

MasterShake
01-23-2017, 06:12 PM
This was when John and his wife attended the inauguration:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/23/john-elway-taxi-cab-video/

That's awesome! I had a weird experience way back in 1998 when I worked overnight security at Cherry Creek Mall when I got to drive a drunk Elway and one of his friends back to his car in Cherry Creek north. I was way too nervous to say anything to him but I kept peeking at him through the rearview like a fanboy freak and grinning. I think I weirded him out. The friend helped Elway into the car and drove him home and I just sat there grinning and smiling like an idiot.

I wouldn't change anything about how I acted that night. :lol:

BroncoJoe
01-23-2017, 06:16 PM

That's awesome! I had a weird experience way back in 1998 when I worked overnight security at Cherry Creek Mall when I got to drive a drunk Elway and one of his friends back to his car in Cherry Creek north. I was way too nervous to say anything to him but I kept peeking at him through the rearview like a fanboy freak and grinning. I think I weirded him out. The friend helped Elway into the car and drove him home and I just sat there grinning and smiling like an idiot.

I wouldn't change anything about how I acted that night. :lol:

My wife is still embarrassed about how I acted at a Colorado Crush game once. We were near the sideline and Elway was on the field right in front of us. I kept yelling "John. JOhn. JOHN!" He finally looked at me and all I did was give him a thumbs up and yell thanks.

I did meet him personally early in his career as well. Just part of a line of people wanting to shake his hand.

MasterShake
01-23-2017, 06:18 PM

Haha! That is awesome. We need a thread about our experiences meeting Broncos players. I already told my Elway story here but my other one is how I got to know Karl Mecklenburg while working at a pharmacy in Littleton. He would come in once a week and just chat with the Pharmacist and I and I still never got over it every time he came in. He invited us to play golf once but I chickened out because the only experience I had was mini-golf. The first time I saw him come up to the counter I just screamed, "Albino Rhino!" which I think is a nickname he didn't care for too much given his reaction. The dude was so smart when he talked about how the team played and the draft and things like that. Sounds like he still goes to cam a lot to help give tips to players and do mentors. He is a great follow on Facebook as well.

That was a weird Pharmacy. It was close to a nicer neighborhood so we had lots of other "celebrities" there as well including Rod Mackey and Larry Gravina from those annoying Gravina windows commercials. I flat out told him once I hated his radio spots and he just laughed and said that was the point. He was a cool dude.

MasterShake
01-23-2017, 06:20 PM
My wife is still embarrassed about how I acted at a Colorado Crush game once. We were near the sideline and Elway was on the field right in front of us. I kept yelling "John. JOhn. JOHN!" He finally looked at me and all I did was give him a thumbs up and yell thanks.

I did meet him personally early in his career as well. Just part of a line of people wanting to shake his hand.

My parents met him and coming back on a plane to Stapleton back during his rookie season. They have his autograph on an United Airlines envelope and all my parents can recall is that my mom was overly flirty with him and my dad kept comparing his arms to his. Apparently 1983 Elway's arms are just as big as my dad's thigh.

BroncoJoe
01-23-2017, 06:23 PM
My parents met him and coming back on a plane to Stapleton back during his rookie season. They have his autograph on an United Airlines envelope and all my parents can recall is that my mom was overly flirty with him and my dad kept comparing his arms to his. Apparently 1983 Elway's arms are just as big as my dad's thigh.

I swear he was all muscle in his younger years.

When I got to personally shake his hand, it was a private event at the Denver Athletic Club, but didn't really have much of a chance to say anything or get an autograph. I think I told him I was thrilled he was a Bronco. It was probably 1986 or so.

DenBronx
01-23-2017, 06:24 PM
That was cool.

Northman
01-23-2017, 06:51 PM
That was totally awesome. And i agreed with the cabbie that John was #1 and Brady was #2. :)

sneakers
01-24-2017, 07:13 AM
woo

weazel
01-24-2017, 03:48 PM
this thread title needs moar words

Northman
01-24-2017, 03:54 PM
I met John when i was fifteen at a Hinkley/Gateway High School football game. Man i feel old...

The Glue Factory
01-24-2017, 06:58 PM
I met John when i was fifteen at a Hinkley/Gateway High School football game. Man i feel old...

I was in grade school when Elway was traded to the Broncos. Man I feel ancient...