PDA

View Full Version : Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WARHORSE
01-21-2017, 02:38 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/01/15/tony-romo-reportedly-wants-to-play-for-broncos-next-season/?utm_term=.843f34f83375

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Elway doesnt want Romo.

Anyone who believes that is off his rocker.

Apparently Romo has made it known he wants to play in Denver. Wise choice. But is a desire to join forces with Romo reciprocated by Elway?

No. At least not at 24 million a season. Why would John trade into that contract when he knows he doesnt have to? And just how strong is Romo's

desire to play in Denver? He definitely doesnt want to go to a team simply to finish his career. To say that a chance at a ring is somewhat important

to Romo is ludicrous. Its everything. More than the money too? Yes.

What other franchise makes sense? KC maybe? Cardinals?

Denver has it all, everything a guy like Romo is looking for (Im going to assume John will revamp the Oline, probably get a stud RB or TE in the

draft) and players want to play here.

All we are going to hear is "Elway is not interested". Guarantee......until we sign him. Elway is no dummy. Romo would help the offense

tremendously. Paxton isnt going anywhere. Paxton doesnt cost money. Siemian doesnt cost money. And Dallas isnt going to pay Romo 24

million a year to sit when that money can help its superbowl contending young team. That money will shore up holes.

........and Elway knows this. Elway is going to be patient. Elway is going to get Romo in Denver because Elway knows that stud QBs

on teams with great defenses win championships. And thats what this is about.....from here forward. Romo would be a massive upgrade and

just like Peyton, John knows what it would mean. He will tell Romo all he wants to hear. Is he injury prone? Yes. Yes. Yes. ALL that will be

incorporated into his contract.

Romo has the quickest release in football...still. Romo would LOVE to play with WRs that dont throw fits on the sidelines and in

the huddle. Romo has been to Denver.....its a stud place to live.

I really think Romo comes to Denver. Thats because Johns alternative is to play a year in order to see if Siemian or Paxton gets better.

I dont see John sitting on a 'lets wait and see' approach.

He wont give up a massive trade, and he wont sign Romo to anything crippling.

I think Romo comes to join the mile high magic.

Cugel
01-21-2017, 03:06 PM
I highly doubt it. First, Romo would have to be released by Dallas because he's under contract. Elway is not going to TRADE for Tony Romo. Second, Dallas is trying to trade Romo. If they succeed, Romo will be going elsewhere.

Third, Romo would have to re-negotiate his salary down to about 1/3 what he is making now. Would he do that when some other team would pay him what he thinks he's worth?

Sure he would like to come here, but Elway is not going to hire him. Elway believes in Paxton Lynch and has just hired a staff of veteran offensive coordinators, like Bill Musgrave who was OC in Oakland. They are paying these guys a lot of money to mentor and tutor Denver's young QBs.

They did not pay Musgrave all that money to coach up Tony Romo. Romo doesn't need it.

OrangeHoof
01-21-2017, 04:49 PM
I'd be disappointed because, IMO, Romo just needs one good shot in the back/shoulder and he's on the shelf for 2 months minimum and then they will have progressed no further in developing Lynch/Siemian.

Somebody on ESPN was trying to sell a Romo-for-Watt trade. Unless Watt is halfway crippled, I don't see that one working out. But what could work out would be for the Cowboys to trade Romo to the Texans for Brock Osweiler and Will Fuller. Why would either team do this?

The Texans would be dealing Osweiler's albatross contract for someone who could still be a huge upgrade at QB and the sacrifice would be last year's #1 draft choice. The Cowboys would make Osweiler the #2 QB who can be dropped without penalty after the 2017 season (unlike Romo) and, as a bonus, add a speed burner and kick returner in Fuller who is still under a rookie contract. The dollars match up well although the Texans would be stuck with the diminishing cap hit if they release Romo before 2020.

Simple Jaded
01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I can't believe so many people are against this idea.

Valar Morghulis
01-21-2017, 05:43 PM

I just think the risk on his health is too great

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd love to sign Romo, as long as Dallas cuts him

ShaneFalco
01-21-2017, 06:24 PM

yea his unbelievable playoff record. we should bow down to it

Northman
01-21-2017, 06:28 PM
I just think the risk on his health is too great

Thats part of it. Romo got hurt this past year behind one of the best Oline's in football. Sorry to break it to the members who seem to be oblivious to this but Denver isnt going to have the best Oline in football all of a sudden going into next year even with a couple of upgrades. Secondly, taking care of the ball is important, not only to winning ballgames but to Elway himself who knows how important it is. Romo is just as careless with the football as he is at making plays. Lastly, Elway and company have already said they are fine with the two guys they have so dont hold your breath that he comes here. You heard it here first, he wont be a Bronco.

Joel
01-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Im going to assume John will revamp the Oline
The past six years make that a HUGE assumption. Well, no, he's revamped the line several times: With 4th round picks and bargain bin FAs no one wanted. Do that with Romo and he'll be a paraplegic by Halloween. He'll cost at least $1M no matter what, because that's the minimum 2017 salary for players with 10+ seasons.

This is not happening. Smart money says someone Elway DID spend a 1st round pick on gets thrown out there early next season, behind Paradis, Garcia and whatever lukewarm bodies Elway chooses to fill out the rest of the line. Then he takes his lumps for 2-3 years and goes on the scrapheap of failed 1st round QBs because "the draft's ALWAYS a crap shoot." Lather, rinse, repeat, as age and FA erodes our D.

DenBronx
01-21-2017, 08:47 PM
I'd love to sign Romo, as long as Dallas cuts him

I doubt they do that. His cap hit is really high.

OrangeHoof
01-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Romo didn't even get to the regular season without re-injury. The Seahawks turned him into a folding chair in Week 2 of the pre-season, practically the first time he'd been touched. Tough guy. Great courage. The guy's made of balsa wood.

WARHORSE
01-21-2017, 09:46 PM
First, we arent going to overpay because no way Dallas keeps him. Jerry isnt going to take that cap hit for a bench player even if his name was Troy Aikman. That money will be used to help Dallas now as they are on the cusp of a championship.

Second, take a look at the QBs in the final four teams this year. I dont see Siemian or Lynch replacing those names. Not saying it cant happen, just dont think its likely.

Third, I think a stud RB like Leonard or Delvin will take a huge burden off the oline, not to mention the quickest release in football.

I understand Romo is not a guarantee to stay healthy. Everyone knows it. So that will all be taken in by Elway.

Dallas is going to trade Romo to who? Who out there is going to pay all that money to him AND that he wants to go to?

They may get a late third or fourth if Romo restructures.

Oh........and havent you heard? Romo WANTS to play in Denver.
Elway wont mortgage the farm, but if a championship is on his wishlist next year, Romo raises the stakes in his favor, even if he doesnt make it through the season.

Cugel
01-21-2017, 09:57 PM
The past six years make that a HUGE assumption. Well, no, he's revamped the line several times: With 4th round picks and bargain bin FAs no one wanted. Do that with Romo and he'll be a paraplegic by Halloween. He'll cost at least $1M no matter what, because that's the minimum 2017 salary for players with 10+ seasons.

This is not happening. Smart money says someone Elway DID spend a 1st round pick on gets thrown out there early next season, behind Paradis, Garcia and whatever lukewarm bodies Elway chooses to fill out the rest of the line. Then he takes his lumps for 2-3 years and goes on the scrapheap of failed 1st round QBs because "the draft's ALWAYS a crap shoot." Lather, rinse, repeat, as age and FA erodes our D.

We'll have none of this sunny optimism Joel! Tell us what you REALLY think.

Elway watched the Seattle Seahawks demolish his #1-all-time-great-teams-for-the-ages and decided he wanted that team. The bragging, swaggering, defensive bullies of Seattle. So he went out and got that defense. Meanwhile the offense withered.

But, teams can either put their big $ contracts into offense or defense, but it's impossible to do both. $18M a year they're spending on Von Miller isn't available for other players. It's close to $38 M for just Talib, Harris & Miller.

The Seahawks have the same problem, since they are paying big money contracts to the Legion of Boom. Richard Sherman don't come too cheap at $13.6 M in 2017. So, the Seahawks made a conscious decision to skimp on the OL. They even got rid of Pro-Bowl Center Max Unger when he wanted to get paid. That crappy OL play killed their playoff run this year, but I doubt that stops them. They chose to put the money into their defense so it simply isn't available on offense to hire $10-$12 M a year OL.

Denver is trying to upgrade without paying very much money. That's why it's been such a cluster-bomb for so long. If you're clever you get what you pay for. If you don't want to pay much you won't get much. And that's what the Broncos have. Not much.

Not much talent. Not much consistency. Not much hope they will get much better.

They need four new OL. They will probably get 2 at most. I can assume Donald Stephenson will be one of them. Maybe they sign a FA RG and RT. Probably not the most expensive FAs, but someone who will generate underwhelming excitement in the fan base when the signing is announced.

They guy they get will probably have the reputation of being somewhat mediocre and will probably be somewhat mediocre. I don't see them breaking the bank for someone top shelf and there will be few such FAs and lots of teams looking, so the price will be very stiff for the top guys.

Cugel
01-21-2017, 10:11 PM
First, we arent going to overpay because no way Dallas keeps him. Jerry isnt going to take that cap hit for a bench player even if his name was Troy Aikman. That money will be used to help Dallas now as they are on the cusp of a championship. That's true. But you overlook one key point.

It's true that teams would rather wait Dallas out and force them to release Romo after the June 1 cut-off (when the cap hits from cuts get pro-rated against 2 years of the cap rather than simply accelerated).

So, of course, the smart thing for any team that wants Romo will wait, right? Well, not exactly. You see, they would wait, but for one thing: they know Romo wants to come to Denver. So, if Romo gets a visit scheduled in Denver, he probably won't leave Denver without a contract, because that's his desired landing spot.

So, how do these teams force Romo to come play for them when he'd rather be here? They have to trade for him. Then they hold his contract. He can re-negotiate his contract, and refuse to be traded to that team of course, but would he? Probably not, especially if it were a huge hassle and would give him a bad reputation. And doubly, especially not if the team he's traded to pays him a boat load of money.

Did I mention that a Boat-Load of Money is usually not something you refuse. "Mr. Romo, I know you'd like to play in Denver, but they can only afford to pay you $8 M a year! That's backup money! Why don't you come to our crappy assed team that has over $100M under the cap we need to spend. We'll give you a ginormous contract, so big you won't be able to lift up the check."

"No? You'd rather throw away $16,000,000 a year to come play in Denver Mr. Romo? Great! Welcome to the Denver Broncos!"

Somehow I don't think that is very likely. I think he will swallow hard and think to himself: "you know, I'm scheduled to make $24,000,000 this year and I'd kinda like to get that and not take a $16,000,000 pay cut. Thanks, but no thanks."

What would you do? :coffee:

Joel
01-22-2017, 01:59 AM
First, we arent going to overpay because no way Dallas keeps him. Jerry isnt going to take that cap hit for a bench player even if his name was Troy Aikman. That money will be used to help Dallas now as they are on the cusp of a championship.
Spotrac says cutting Romo would still cost Dallas $19.6M (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo-2447/) in dead cap: Only way out's finding some sucker for a sign 'n trade. It's Kaep all over again.

Just for Cugel: This, Kaep and Oz are prime examples of why going all in on a QB (especially an unproven one) as the lone championship hope is usually a disaster.

Second, take a look at the QBs in the final four teams this year. I dont see Siemian or Lynch replacing those names. Not saying it cant happen, just dont think its likely.
Matty Ice was a bust til Kyle Shanahan showed up, and I could easily see Siemian or Lynch becoming the next Rapistburger if he has a similarly good D to ride early and a similarly good line, RBs and WRs to ride late. Not that Big Ben's done much since his D collapsed; over/under on the AFCCG may hit triple digits.

Third, I think a stud RB like Leonard or Delvin will take a huge burden off the oline, not to mention the quickest release in football.
Got it backward: Either CJ or Booker would be fine (and MUCH healthier) with decent blocking. We're not gonna find the next Barry Sanders to compensate for our useless linemen (although I believe his son IS draft eligible this year.)

I understand Romo is not a guarantee to stay healthy. Everyone knows it. So that will all be taken in by Elway.

Dallas is going to trade Romo to who? Who out there is going to pay all that money to him AND that he wants to go to?

They may get a late third or fourth if Romo restructures.

Oh........and havent you heard? Romo WANTS to play in Denver.
Elway wont mortgage the farm, but if a championship is on his wishlist next year, Romo raises the stakes in his favor, even if he doesnt make it through the season.
Romo is practically a guarantee to NOT stay healthy, ESPECIALLY behind a line as the bad as the one that reduced him to in invalid. Regardless, it would take a MAJOR restructure to make him attractive to Elway; if he's willing to write off HALF his scheduled salary (or more) to be Siemian/Lynchs backup, maybe. Elway wants the QBotF; a 37-year-old porcelain doll is pretty much the antithesis of that.

Joel
01-22-2017, 02:04 AM
We'll have none of this sunny optimism Joel! Tell us what you REALLY think.

Elway watched the Seattle Seahawks demolish his #1-all-time-great-teams-for-the-ages and decided he wanted that team. The bragging, swaggering, defensive bullies of Seattle. So he went out and got that defense. Meanwhile the offense withered.

But, teams can either put their big $ contracts into offense or defense, but it's impossible to do both. $18M a year they're spending on Von Miller isn't available for other players. It's close to $38 M for just Talib, Harris & Miller.

The Seahawks have the same problem, since they are paying big money contracts to the Legion of Boom. Richard Sherman don't come too cheap at $13.6 M in 2017. So, the Seahawks made a conscious decision to skimp on the OL. They even got rid of Pro-Bowl Center Max Unger when he wanted to get paid. That crappy OL play killed their playoff run this year, but I doubt that stops them. They chose to put the money into their defense so it simply isn't available on offense to hire $10-$12 M a year OL.

Denver is trying to upgrade without paying very much money. That's why it's been such a cluster-bomb for so long. If you're clever you get what you pay for. If you don't want to pay much you won't get much. And that's what the Broncos have. Not much.

Not much talent. Not much consistency. Not much hope they will get much better.

They need four new OL. They will probably get 2 at most. I can assume Donald Stephenson will be one of them. Maybe they sign a FA RG and RT. Probably not the most expensive FAs, but someone who will generate underwhelming excitement in the fan base when the signing is announced.

They guy they get will probably have the reputation of being somewhat mediocre and will probably be somewhat mediocre. I don't see them breaking the bank for someone top shelf and there will be few such FAs and lots of teams looking, so the price will be very stiff for the top guys.
You may well be right Elway's bought into that simplistic, one-dimensional but highly popular philosophy; there certainly is a lot of documentary evidence he has. Either way, the solution to the problem you describe is the DRAFT: That's the only way to get quality players for multiple seasons without breaking the bank. The tendency is to seek missing starters in the draft and insurance in FA or vice versa, but when a team puts all its eggs in one position that way this is the result.

Just remember: It's all Kubiaks fault. ;)

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 02:15 AM
I doubt they do that. His cap hit is really high.

So is the cap hit if they trade him.

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 02:19 AM
That's true. But you overlook one key point.

It's true that teams would rather wait Dallas out and force them to release Romo after the June 1 cut-off (when the cap hits from cuts get pro-rated against 2 years of the cap rather than simply accelerated).

So, of course, the smart thing for any team that wants Romo will wait, right? Well, not exactly. You see, they would wait, but for one thing: they know Romo wants to come to Denver. So, if Romo gets a visit scheduled in Denver, he probably won't leave Denver without a contract, because that's his desired landing spot.

So, how do these teams force Romo to come play for them when he'd rather be here? They have to trade for him. Then they hold his contract. He can re-negotiate his contract, and refuse to be traded to that team of course, but would he? Probably not, especially if it were a huge hassle and would give him a bad reputation. And doubly, especially not if the team he's traded to pays him a boat load of money.

Did I mention that a Boat-Load of Money is usually not something you refuse. "Mr. Romo, I know you'd like to play in Denver, but they can only afford to pay you $8 M a year! That's backup money! Why don't you come to our crappy assed team that has over $100M under the cap we need to spend. We'll give you a ginormous contract, so big you won't be able to lift up the check."

"No? You'd rather throw away $16,000,000 a year to come play in Denver Mr. Romo? Great! Welcome to the Denver Broncos!"

Somehow I don't think that is very likely. I think he will swallow hard and think to himself: "you know, I'm scheduled to make $24,000,000 this year and I'd kinda like to get that and not take a $16,000,000 pay cut. Thanks, but no thanks."

What would you do? :coffee:

They can cut Romo at beginning of league year and designate him as a June 1st cut.

Joel
01-22-2017, 03:08 AM
They can cut Romo at beginning of league year and designate him as a June 1st cut.
Which is what they'll do if they're smart, as SF should've with Kaepernick: They're both white elephants no GM in his right mind would touch at that price.

Shazam!
01-22-2017, 07:13 AM
I'd love it.

sneakers
01-22-2017, 07:41 AM
right now: "Nah, Elway would never do that, he is smart"
if broncos do get him "wow! great job! What a landing!"

Joel
01-22-2017, 08:41 AM
right now: "Nah, Elway would never do that, he is smart"
if broncos do get him "wow! great job! What a landing!"
Which is more about Elway than Romo: If it goes down like that, none but the Broncos faithful will be saying the latter. I mean, sure, if Romo's so eager to play in Denver he'll take $2-3M/yr (i.e. instead of $20M) to be the vet backup with starter experience in case Siemian goes down and Lynch isn't ready (if Lynch is the starter, expect Siemian to be relied on as the backup.) That's not too likely though, and there's no WAY Elway trades for his CURRENT contract.

If, however, he FINDS a way, everyone but Broncos fans will publicly declare he's lost his ever loving mind.

Broncos fans, of course, will just blame Vance Josephs insistence on bringing in "his" guy. ;)

Northman
01-22-2017, 12:06 PM
I dont want Romo here nor do i think Denver will sign him. But please... if for whatever reason Denver does sign him its not a problem for Denver fans to support him while he is here. Besides, once he ****s up he will be thrown in the verbal trash bin just like most Bronco QB's who have ever played in Denver.

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 12:11 PM
I dont want Romo here nor do i think Denver will sign him. But please... if for whatever reason Denver does sign him its not a problem for Denver fans to support him while he is here. Besides, once he ****s up he will be thrown in the verbal trash bin just like most Bronco QB's who have ever played in Denver.

Sometimes we don't even wait til they **** up.

Just like lamenting when Manning cost Denver a chance to sign a bunch of "younger" OLman that were out of the league before him.

weazel
01-22-2017, 02:31 PM
I like the idea that they are going to magically make the O-Line great, they've had 4 seasons to do this and it's only become worse.

Rick
01-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Which is more about Elway than Romo: If it goes down like that, none but the Broncos faithful will be saying the latter. I mean, sure, if Romo's so eager to play in Denver he'll take $2-3M/yr (i.e. instead of $20M) to be the vet backup with starter experience in case Siemian goes down and Lynch isn't ready (if Lynch is the starter, expect Siemian to be relied on as the backup.) That's not too likely though, and there's no WAY Elway trades for his CURRENT contract.

If, however, he FINDS a way, everyone but Broncos fans will publicly declare he's lost his ever loving mind.

Broncos fans, of course, will just blame Vance Josephs insistence on bringing in "his" guy. ;)

If Romo comes here it will probably be at the 10 Mil range, no way he does it for 2-3 mill.

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 03:24 PM
I like the idea that they are going to magically make the O-Line great, they've had 4 seasons to do this and it's only become worse.

They replaced Barone with OL coaches, so that's a start.

gregbroncs
01-22-2017, 04:25 PM
I can't believe so many people are against this idea.I can't believe so many people want Romo. I think he's overrated when he was healthy, and will never even be close to that guy ever again.

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 04:48 PM
I can't believe so many people want Romo. I think he's overrated when he was healthy, and will never even be close to that guy ever again.

Define "overrated", cause he's been a punching bag for unreasonable fans forever.

JPPT1974
01-22-2017, 05:03 PM
It would be surprising if he did. As really the injuries are taken a toll on him. IMHO, he needs to call it quits. Before he hurts too much!

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 05:09 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

He's in some pretty good company.

Northman
01-22-2017, 05:13 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

He's in some pretty good company.

To be fair so is Schaub, Kaep, and Cousins. Not sure if that really puts him in the same class as actual HOF QB's.

Simple Jaded
01-22-2017, 06:48 PM
To be fair so is Schaub, Kaep, and Cousins. Not sure if that really puts him in the same class as actual HOF QB's.

Well sure, when you word it like that it sounds bad.

ShaneFalco
01-22-2017, 07:02 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=39041&stc=1&d=1485091796

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Denver Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders thinks he and the team could benefit with the addition of Tony Romo.

The Denver Broncos missed the playoffs by a small margin this year, leaving them to start a little early planning for next season. Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders seems to have an idea on how the team could improve and that means adding Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

While appearing on GameDay Morning, ahead of Sunday’s AFC and NFC Championship games, he laid out his explanation for how Romo would fit.

rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/emmanuel-sanders-believes-tony-romo-would-succeed-on-broncos-012217

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 01:07 AM
rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/emmanuel-sanders-believes-tony-romo-would-succeed-on-broncos-012217

Ah, Sanders being a great teammate...as usual.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 03:03 AM

Let's get Mark Sanchez instead!

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Well sure, when you word it like that it sounds bad.

Also, Top 5 is much different from Top 20.

Poet
01-23-2017, 04:20 AM
It would be nice to see a guy who can make all the throws a QB has to make.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-23-2017, 08:55 AM
It would be nice to see a guy who can make all the throws a QB has to make.

My concern with Tony is whether his body can do what his mind tells it to at this point of his career. The last couple of games I saw him play he looked different.

Poet
01-23-2017, 01:33 PM
My concern with Tony is whether his body can do what his mind tells it to at this point of his career. The last couple of games I saw him play he looked different.

The arm is usually the last thing to go -from what I've seen- and it's more about him staying in the games themselves. If we could get him at a price that doesn't kill everything I wouldn't mind it.

I just want to either see a veteran go in there and play good football or a young talented guy go in there and learn.

WARHORSE
01-23-2017, 02:35 PM
He sure made his one moment in the last game of the season look really easy.

He went out there like he was playing catch......threw a touchdown in a heartbeat.

The offense would be better, thats not a question.

The ONLY question in Elways mind imo is "What will it cost?"

In cap space....in money......in signing bonus.....in sitting Lynch and Siemian.......in lockeroom impact......draft picks......etc, etc, etc.

Cugel
01-23-2017, 04:44 PM
The latest word from Adam Schefter - NFL.com expert (really the greatest expert on all things NFL related in all of football), is that Denver has "apparently no interest in Romo." Rivers not getting traded "I'd be shocked if the Chargers dealt Philip Rivers." I can make a case for the Chargers trading Rivers - they're going nowhere in the division with him, they could pick up a 1st round draft pick and draft both Deshaun Watson and Christian McCaffrey. They might suck for a couple of years, but nobody will notice. They're playing in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium for 2 years.

By the time they were ready to move to Stan Kroenke's new 80,000 seat 2-team stadium they'd have the basis of a team that could compete with the Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs in the division. But, if they aren't going to do it, they aren't going to do it.

The Cowboys have unrealistic expectations about how much they will get for Romo. They're talking about getting a high draft pick. That absurd conceit could prevent him from being dealt, or it could mean that the most important thing for them will be getting some desperate team to eat his $24M cap hit. I don't see Elway doing that. He wouldn't pay $20 M for Peyton Manning, after he had already led the team to a SB, so it's highly unlikely he will break the bank for Romo.

Personally, I would like to see Romo come here (*but ban Jessica Simpson from the stadium*)

But, if they're not going to do it, then they're not going to do it.

weazel
01-23-2017, 05:01 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=39041&stc=1&d=1485091796

Mo, why didn't you tell us you met Elway and Romo?

NightTerror218
01-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Quote from ware on romo

"(Romo) will be a great fit. But you got vested guys already in Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch,” Ware said via Denver 7’s Troy Renck. “You gotta think about the kind of message do you want to send to the team. Do you want to send to them just like when I came in (with) (Aqib) Tailb and Emmanuel — is it a right now thing? Or do you want to use your vested guys and say we are going to build this team way we want to build it?”

gregbroncs
01-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Define "overrated", cause he's been a punching bag for unreasonable fans forever.He's an average at best QB that has been hyped and paid as an upper echelon QB. That is what I mean by over rated. He was never close to being worth the contract he signed, that is proving he was over rated. That was him in his prime, not after numerous major injuries. My friend who's a Cowboys fan has been begging for a replacement for 5 years. He follows the team far closer than I do and he can't stand Romo, and was pissed when he signed that deal.

DenBronx
01-23-2017, 07:30 PM

I didn't see anyone post the link to that story so here it is.
http://milehighsports.com/denver-broncos-gm-john-elway-spotted-dallas-cowboys-qb-tony-romo/

Kinda interesting and wonder if it is a gray area for tampering charges since the offseason hasn't started yet? They just randomly met up??? Lol! Elway you are sly as a fox!! :)

DenBronx
01-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Quote from ware on romo

"(Romo) will be a great fit. But you got vested guys already in Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch,” Ware said via Denver 7’s Troy Renck. “You gotta think about the kind of message do you want to send to the team. Do you want to send to them just like when I came in (with) (Aqib) Tailb and Emmanuel — is it a right now thing? Or do you want to use your vested guys and say we are going to build this team way we want to build it?”

We have an investment in those two QBs but we are still in win now mode. This team just needs a few pieces to get back on top. Is it Romo? Is it Rivers? Is it just getting OL going to help? I'll trust Elway to make the best decision going forward but I don't think he is happy nor is he satisfied with where we are at now.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 07:35 PM
I still want Stafford.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 08:06 PM

Haha. I'm way shorter than that.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 08:08 PM
The latest word from Adam Schefter - NFL.com expert (really the greatest expert on all things NFL related in all of football), is that Denver has "apparently no interest in Romo." Rivers not getting traded "I'd be shocked if the Chargers dealt Philip Rivers." I can make a case for the Chargers trading Rivers - they're going nowhere in the division with him, they could pick up a 1st round draft pick and draft both Deshaun Watson and Christian McCaffrey. They might suck for a couple of years, but nobody will notice. They're playing in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium for 2 years.

By the time they were ready to move to Stan Kroenke's new 80,000 seat 2-team stadium they'd have the basis of a team that could compete with the Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs in the division. But, if they aren't going to do it, they aren't going to do it.

The Cowboys have unrealistic expectations about how much they will get for Romo. They're talking about getting a high draft pick. That absurd conceit could prevent him from being dealt, or it could mean that the most important thing for them will be getting some desperate team to eat his $24M cap hit. I don't see Elway doing that. He wouldn't pay $20 M for Peyton Manning, after he had already led the team to a SB, so it's highly unlikely he will break the bank for Romo.

Personally, I would like to see Romo come here (*but ban Jessica Simpson from the stadium*)

But, if they're not going to do it, then they're not going to do it.

We all know who Schefter is. And he doesn't work for NFL.com.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Quote from ware on romo

**** the "message to the team" bullshit. The message is win. You are professionals. Deal with it.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 08:59 PM
**** the "message to the team" bullshit. The message is win. You are professionals. Deal with it.

I can see your thinking but I believe you're wrong.

DenBronx
01-23-2017, 09:07 PM
I still want Stafford.

Do you honestly believe Detriot would deal him?

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 09:10 PM

Why do you disagree?

For example, had they not wanted change, they could have not lost 5 of their last 8 games.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2017, 09:17 PM

His thinking is invisible, dumas.

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 10:21 PM
He's an average at best QB that has been hyped and paid as an upper echelon QB. That is what I mean by over rated. He was never close to being worth the contract he signed, that is proving he was over rated. That was him in his prime, not after numerous major injuries. My friend who's a Cowboys fan has been begging for a replacement for 5 years. He follows the team far closer than I do and he can't stand Romo, and was pissed when he signed that deal.
I rest my case...

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 10:24 PM
We all know who Schefter is. And he doesn't work for NFL.com.

And Romo is no longer bangin Jessica Simpson. As far as we know, anyway.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 10:37 PM
And Romo is no longer bangin Jessica Simpson. As far as we know, anyway.

Haha. Cugel said that too? I stopped reading when he tried to tell me who Adam Schefter was and got his employer incorrect.

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Haha. Cugel said that too? I stopped reading when he tried to tell me who Adam Schefter was and got his employer incorrect.

OH yeah, Simpson should be banned if the Broncos sign Romo.

Poet
01-23-2017, 10:49 PM
I just want to know that our starting QB has talent and ability. I'm bracing myself for the fact that Lynch won't win the job -and that will make me sad because beating TS for a starting job is something almost every starting QB in the league could do- and we will be stuck with a high floor low ceiling player.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Why do you disagree?

For example, had they not wanted change, they could have not lost 5 of their last 8 games.

Everyone is a professional. Using that word to try and prop up professional athletes as being superior doesn't do it for me. They are people. Most of them are younger than most other professions. It's ridiculous to assume their workplace wouldn't have many of the same issues. They aren't some mentally superior breed of people.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 10:53 PM

Why? I'd hit it.

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 10:57 PM
I just want to know that our starting QB has talent and ability. I'm bracing myself for the fact that Lynch won't win the job -and that will make me sad because beating TS for a starting job is something almost every starting QB in the league could do- and we will be stuck with a high floor low ceiling player.

That's what you get with QB's shitty college offenses. It cracks me up that people are already worried that Lynch and Goff are busts, what they're being asked to do is incredibly hard. It's almost like going from a high school offense to the NFL, and in Lynch's case it sounds like it's exactly like going from a high school offense to an NFL offense.

Dak Prescott is the outlier.

I'd rather Lynch sit until he's got the huddle/verbiage down than end up like Blain Gabbert or 100 other QB's alike.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 10:57 PM
Everyone is a professional. Using that word to try and prop up professional athletes as being superior doesn't do it for me. They are people. Most of them are younger than most other professions. It's ridiculous to assume their workplace wouldn't have many of the same issues. They aren't some mentally superior breed of people.

True, they are not a mentally superior breed of people. But this isn't a corporate job. When you lose 5 of your last 8 games and miss the playoffs, naturally I think people should expect change. Since we're trying to compare this to a corporate 9-5 job, if your company had negative revenues in the last half of the year, I think it would be natural to expect some changes in the coming year. A new CEO or CFO would be a natural starting spot.

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Why? I'd hit it.

Oh I'd smack it up, flip it, rub it down.

Ask Cugel.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2017, 11:09 PM

Why is Siemian's 'ceiling' low? Doesn't the concept of 'ceiling' require significant NFL experience to measure? What do you measure that predicts a low ceiling with such confidence that you are putting it out there like fact?

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 11:12 PM
True, they are not a mentally superior breed of people. But this isn't a corporate job. When you lose 5 of your last 8 games and miss the playoffs, naturally I think people should expect change. Since we're trying to compare this to a corporate 9-5 job, if your company had negative revenues in the last half of the year, I think it would be natural to expect some changes in the coming year. A new CEO or CFO would be a natural starting spot.

I really don't care about the nitpicking specifics of your reasons. I don't care who you want as quarterback. Im saying that players can perceive certain messages from what the FO does. If an organization is going with younger talent and a brighter future rather than a win now approach, what message does that send to a 35 year old player? Should he stick around or should he hope to get traded to a contender? Maybe I misread your message. I don't know.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Oh I'd smack it up, flip it, rub it down.

Ask Cugel.

I'm afraid he might show up if I ask him anything.

Poet
01-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Why is Siemian's 'ceiling' low? Doesn't the concept of 'ceiling' require significant NFL experience to measure? What do you measure that predicts a low ceiling with such confidence that you are putting it out there like fact?

I say nothing any more confidently than anyone else. But if you want an explanation, I'm going off of the various scouting reports I've read, plus what I've seen of him as a player -including games and tape breakdown- and my general opinion. If that is something that frustrates you, or you take issue with, I'm sorry. It's your ability to do things on the field. Kubiak was a QB and a very smart one. He ended his career with more INTs than TD's thrown. Harbaugh, the one from Stanford, is a brilliant HC. He was a lousy QB. There aren't too many guys out there who turned into a great QB with low physical ability. There are also guys with plenty of physical ability who busted as a player. Even the ones who tried hard. Joey Harrington was a pretty good talent, a smart guy, and he was a shitty QB.

Chad Pennington was a bad talent, a smart guy, and he turned out into a slightly above average QB. Almost every HoF QB was a big talent. Most pro bowl QB's are big talents. All-Pros are almost always big talents. I don't want a limited QB playing quarterback in Denver. Ergo, I don't really want TS. If he wins the job, so be it.

MOtorboat
01-23-2017, 11:26 PM
I really don't care about the nitpicking specifics of your reasons. I don't care who you want as quarterback. Im saying that players can perceive certain messages from what the FO does. If an organization is going with younger talent and a brighter future rather than a win now approach, what message does that send to a 35 year old player? Should he stick around or should he hope to get traded to a contender? Maybe I misread your message. I don't know.

I guess I don't understand what you're trying to get at. My point was that whatever organizational direction John Elway wants to take the Broncos is the direction he decides to take the Broncos and he shouldn't not go that direction because he feels like it might hurt someone's feelers.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2017, 11:30 PM
There aren't too many guys out there who turned into a great QB with low physical ability.

How do you measure this? I was just watching some TS high school ball, and his accuracy was surprisingly impressive. As a first year HS football player.

I'm not frustrated or anything by the way. At all. No axe to grind, bone to pick, etc. This is outside of my control and I have no reason to be hugely invested. But I do enjoy seeking reason. Explain how you measure low physical talent.

Poet
01-23-2017, 11:32 PM
How do you measure this? I was just watching some TS high school ball, and his accuracy was surprisingly impressive. As a first year HS football player.

I'm not frustrated or anything by the way. At all. No axe to grind, bone to pick, etc. This is outside of my control and I have no reason to be hugely invested. But I do enjoy seeking reason. Explain how you measure low physical talent.

I read as many different scouting reports as I can and watch the guy play in the NFL. I wish it was a science.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2017, 11:34 PM
I read as many different scouting reports as I can and watch the guy play in the NFL. I wish it was a science.

I don't see proof one way or the other, as much as I wish I did. This is why I have no problem with your dismissal or whatever you want to call it of him, but still allow a possibility that he could improve and continue on the statistical trajectory he has established to now that seems at least capable of more.

Simple Jaded
01-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Joey Harrington, there's another talented QB that came from a shit college scheme, iirc.

Poet
01-23-2017, 11:38 PM
I don't see proof one way or the other, as much as I wish I did. This is why I have no problem with your dismissal or whatever you want to call it of him, but still allow a possibility that he could improve and continue on the statistical trajectory he has established to now that seems at least capable of more.

It's a message board, and no one likes reading posts like 'it's my opinion that he's not going to be good, but it's not a certainty and I can acknowledge these positives and etc etc etc'

People will just act like the qualifiers and the like don't exist. Trust me, I used to post that way about TS, and then get harangued by the homer squad. At least this way I can type less.

But, for the record, there is a chance that he will turn into the following: an all-pro; a first ballot HoFer; a HoFer; a perennial all-pro; or all of the aforementioned qualifiers. It is possible.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2017, 11:39 PM
werd

:werd:

Dapper Dan
01-24-2017, 12:06 AM
With Elway, all things are possible.

Northman
01-24-2017, 10:17 AM
Yawn.... is Romo signed yet?

Hawgdriver
01-24-2017, 11:17 AM
It's a message board, and no one likes reading posts like 'it's my opinion that he's not going to be good, but it's not a certainty and I can acknowledge these positives and etc etc etc'

Yeah, it's 95% moot court here and 5% research lab. Judge Judy in the haus.

Give me Carl Sagan errtime.

Poet
01-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it's 95% moot court here and 5% research lab. Judge Judy in the haus.

Give me Carl Sagan errtime.

This isn't the world I made. Facts don't matter, though. Just know that forever and ever.

Cugel
01-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Yawn.... is Romo signed yet?

Well, the latest word from Elway is that Lynch is "going to be given every chance to win the starting job in training camp."

How can that happen if the Broncos sign Romo? Romo would be the unquestioned starter from the moment they signed him. If they don't think that he is, they wouldn't sign him. Romo would take all the first team snaps. If he came, NO WAY could Lynch have "every chance" of winning the starting job.

So, unless Elway is BSing everybody, neither Romo nor any other veteran QB is coming here. I wish he was, but he's not coming.

Northman
01-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Well, the latest word from Elway is that Lynch is "going to be given every chance to win the starting job in training camp."

How can that happen if the Broncos sign Romo? Romo would be the unquestioned starter from the moment they signed him. If they don't think that he is, they wouldn't sign him. Romo would take all the first team snaps. If he came, NO WAY could Lynch have "every chance" of winning the starting job.

So, unless Elway is BSing everybody, neither Romo nor any other veteran QB is coming here. I wish he was, but he's not coming.

Went right over your head buddy.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2017, 03:00 PM
tebow has one less playoff win then Romo

Poet
Went right over your head buddy.

When something goes over my head I eat a carrot.

gregbroncs
I say nothing any more confidently than anyone else. But if you want an explanation, I'm going off of the various scouting reports I've read, plus what I've seen of him as a player -including games and tape breakdown- and my general opinion. If that is something that frustrates you, or you take issue with, I'm sorry. It's your ability to do things on the field. Kubiak was a QB and a very smart one. He ended his career with more INTs than TD's thrown. Harbaugh, the one from Stanford, is a brilliant HC. He was a lousy QB. There aren't too many guys out there who turned into a great QB with low physical ability. There are also guys with plenty of physical ability who busted as a player. Even the ones who tried hard. Joey Harrington was a pretty good talent, a smart guy, and he was a shitty QB.

Chad Pennington was a bad talent, a smart guy, and he turned out into a slightly above average QB. Almost every HoF QB was a big talent. Most pro bowl QB's are big talents. All-Pros are almost always big talents. I don't want a limited QB playing quarterback in Denver. Ergo, I don't really want TS. If he wins the job, so be it.
At what point was it determined that those guys either had talent or didn't? Because Brady was a 6th round pick, did he not have the talent coming out of college? Or was it just under appreciated till he showed it in the NFL? What makes you think the same thing cannot be said about TS in the future?

My point is that those guys are considered big talents because they made it. Nobody called Brady a big talent coming out of college or he wouldn't have lasted that long. So either he's an undiscovered big talent or he's a guy that gets by without big talent.

I'm unsure on TS, but it bothers me that loads of people make absolute judgements on him after his first year as a starter. Especially factoring in that his offensive line was horrendous most of the season.

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2017, 03:03 PM
When something goes over my head I eat a carrot.

Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast

Poet
At what point was it determined that those guys either had talent or didn't? Because Brady was a 6th round pick, did he not have the talent coming out of college? Or was it just under appreciated till he showed it in the NFL? What makes you thing the same thing cannot be said about Simian in the future?

My point is that those guys are considered big talents because they made it. Nobody called Brady a big talent coming out of college or he wouldn't have lasted that long. So either he's an undiscovered big talent or he's a guy that gets by without big talent.

I'm unsure on Simian, but it bothers me that loads of people make absolute judgements on him after his first year as a starter. Especially factoring in that his offensive line was horrendous most of the season.

If you have to point to few and far between examples like Brady, it's not a good look. It's percentages. When we drafted TS we had a chance at drafting a future hall of famer. It is possible. But the odds are low. It's low for just about any draft pick, really, but how many all-time greats are low draft picks? How many at the QB position.

Poet
Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast

You're confusing going over your head to giv....nevermind.

gregbroncs
01-24-2017, 03:05 PM
If you have to point to few and far between examples like Brady, it's not a good look. It's percentages. When we drafted TS we had a chance at drafting a future hall of famer. It is possible. But the odds are low. It's low for just about any draft pick, really, but how many all-time greats are low draft picks? How many at the QB position.LOL I used the biggest name QB in the game right now.

Poet
01-24-2017, 03:06 PM
LOL I used the biggest name QB in the game right now.

I don't understand this post? I'm simply saying that if you have to point towards an outlier example like Brady, it's not a good argument. I think we're talking past each other. There is a misunderstanding.

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2017, 03:07 PM
I don't understand this post? I'm simply saying that if you have to point towards an outlier example like Brady, it's not a good argument. I think we're talking past each other. There is a misunderstanding.

You are really getting the hang of this. I'm proud of you.

Poet
01-24-2017, 03:08 PM
You are really getting the hang of this. I'm proud of you.

It's difficult for me.

Valar Morghulis
01-24-2017, 03:11 PM
It's difficult for me.

LMAO, I know. But the outcome will still be the same, it's just this way, you won't waste an hour of your life trying to convince someone of your point, insulting them along the way!

Hawgdriver
01-24-2017, 04:27 PM

And one less active NFL job.

Simple Jaded
01-24-2017, 08:47 PM

You bow down to Tim Tebow's one playoff win.

Poet
01-24-2017, 09:02 PM

#haymaker
#styledon
#godssonhasnoarm
#nomechanics
#stayawayfromcars
#styledon
#thestyledon
#fadedbyjaded

Simple Jaded
01-24-2017, 09:04 PM
#hammer
#sledgehammer
#jackhammer

Poet
01-24-2017, 09:05 PM
#hammer
#sledgehammer
#jackhammer

Where were these hashtags when I promoted you!?!?!?!??!

Simple Jaded
01-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Where were these hashtags when I promoted you!?!?!?!??!

#slowlearner

Poet
01-24-2017, 09:15 PM
#slowlearner

You're promoted again. I can't quit you.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:26 AM

1 playoff win in 2 years.

Or 2 playoff wins in a career.

hard choice.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Besides if Sanders wants to play with Romo, he should ask to be traded to Dallas.

Poet
01-25-2017, 01:28 AM

hard choice.

While Tebow is pretty on par if not better than TS, he's not in the same galaxy as Romo.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:29 AM
While Tebow is pretty on par if not better than TS, he's not in the same galaxy as Romo.

true, he wins in the last 5 min of games, while romo loses in the last 5 min of games.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:30 AM

true, he wins in the last 5 min of games, while romo loses in the last 5 min of games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lcn0yF1RcLANG/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/n1hli5S3btrSo/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/A2bwd8bIbXoDm/giphy.gif

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:33 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/XrnInfPGLiQMM/giphy.gif

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:33 AM
That just happened.

When you try to make fun of tebow, and get styled on by a guy with a tebow jedi signature, while he hi fives himself for doing so.

#GameOver

Joel
01-25-2017, 03:10 AM
Nice page.

PS: I want my click back.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 04:00 AM
Nice page.

nice comment, i want my 4 seconds back

Poet
01-25-2017, 04:30 AM
Nice page.

#joelioJones
#Joelstyle
#shortpoststyle
#twolines
#styledon
#styleonthem

Joel
01-25-2017, 04:47 AM
nice comment, i want my 4 seconds back
You needed longer to read it than I did to write it? Color me shocked. ;)

Poet
01-25-2017, 04:53 AM
You needed longer to read it than I did to write it? Color me shocked. ;)

#unlimitedcombostyle
#snarkstyle
#shockedstyle
#joeliojonesstyle
#hashtag

Cugel
01-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Only trolls mention Tebow at this point. He's no longer even an after-thought. Guy sucked and flamed out of the NFL. Good riddance to bad trash!

Freyaka
01-25-2017, 10:10 AM

Is that a lightsaber?

Hawgdriver
01-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Only trolls mention Tebow at this point. He's no longer even an after-thought. Guy sucked and flamed out of the NFL. Good riddance to bad trash!

So you admit to trolling.

Cugel
01-25-2017, 10:53 AM
So you admit to trolling.

I would be trolling if I were the one to bring up an irrelevancy like Tebow just to start a flame war, which is usually what the troll is trying to do. But, you'll never see me be the one to INTRODUCE the subject of Tebow to a thread. I merely pointed out that someone else had done so and that it's particularly stupid thing to do now that Tebow's career has permanently ended in crashing failure.

NCBronco
01-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Simple solution. Elway hops into his time machine (a la Doc Brown) and gets us a young (and uninjured, and contract free) Tony Romo. I could also live with a young Jessica Simpson, in that case. All problems solved. You just have to BELIEVE in Elway.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Is that a lightsaber?

yes he is a jedi

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 01:39 PM
I would be trolling if I were the one to bring up an irrelevancy like Tebow just to start a flame war, which is usually what the troll is trying to do. But, you'll never see me be the one to INTRODUCE the subject of Tebow to a thread. I merely pointed out that someone else had done so and that it's particularly stupid thing to do now that Tebow's career has permanently ended in crashing failure.

dont take life too serious, nobody is getting out alive.

Dapper Dan
01-25-2017, 02:57 PM
dont take life too serious, nobody is getting out alive.

Is that a threat?

weazel
01-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Cugel isn't wrong. Constantly bringing up tebow on the forum is only meant to do one thing, troll.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 04:27 PM
always the same people whining for some mod intervention while refusing to add me to ignore.

No wonder TNed posts on the Mane now instead of here.

ShaneFalco
01-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Is that a threat?

Yes!

MOtorboat
01-25-2017, 04:49 PM
I think we should talk about Tebow daily. It's a reminder of just how putrid he was as an NFL quarterback. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Northman
01-25-2017, 05:15 PM
And McDaniels! We should NEVER FORGET that abomination! :)

MOtorboat
01-25-2017, 05:53 PM
And McDaniels! We should NEVER FORGET that abomination! :)

What a great, great man.

Cugel
01-25-2017, 06:41 PM
always the same people whining for some mod intervention while refusing to add me to ignore.

Is someone demanding Mods intervention? Didn't see any of that. Can I just think you're a quarter-wit for bringing up Tebow, without wanting the Mods to discipline you for starting a flame war? This isn't the official fan forum where I was once banned for posting a picture of Tebow holding the ball like a loaf of bread and a picture of him with his arm around some girl. Apparently they were offended that I insulted their Christian Hero who must not be offended because God won't like it or something!

Cugel
01-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
And McDaniels! We should NEVER FORGET that abomination!

I have been trying for years to destroy any brain cells that remember the entire McMoron era. I was banned over at the official forum once just for calling him "McMoron." That of course lasted until he was fired.

Cugel
01-25-2017, 06:46 PM
I think we should talk about Tebow daily. It's a reminder of just how putrid he was as an NFL quarterback. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

"Those who fail to learn history are condemned to repeat it in summer school. Yada, yada." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

NightTerror218
01-25-2017, 06:58 PM
You can bring an injury prone QB to a place with a bad OL. And you dont know how good you can make it until they are on the field.

Freyaka
01-26-2017, 08:10 AM
I have been trying for years to destroy any brain cells that remember the entire McMoron era. I was banned over at the official forum once just for calling him "McMoron." That of course lasted until he was fired.

I once got an infraction for spelling McManus's name right and simply moving the second capitalization over one letter (McmAnus)

weazel
01-26-2017, 10:21 AM

who "whined for mod intervention"? Dude you post your insane tebow rhetoric just to get a rise out of everyone, that's called trolling. Nobody personally attacked you, just called you out on your actions.

WARHORSE
01-26-2017, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEeMM1Zcpb0

Cugel
01-26-2017, 03:49 PM
Your video was "blocked by owner" Warhorse. If your point was that Romo is an elite QB, point taken. IF HEALTHY he'd be a big addition to the Broncos.

But, Elway has to choose: "do I bring in a veteran and try to win a SB like I did with Peyton Manning? Or do I develop my young QBs and see what I have in Paxton Lynch?"

If he brings in a veteran he won't know what Lynch or Siemian can really do. Is either a long term Franchise QB? This year we'll find out, but only if there's not a veteran in camp demanding all the reps.

And there would be NO WAY Elway could bring in someone like Romo and have a "QB competition." Romo would on day 1 be 10 times better and more developed than Lynch or Siemian. They couldn't compete with him.

Not to mention he would cost a lot of money. Just doesn't look like it will happen.

Adam Schefter at NFL.com keeps insisting on the radio that he doesn't see any signs of interest by Denver in either Romo or Rivers and that he's sure the Chargers are not dealing Rivers. He's the ultimate insider of course. He could be wrong, but he's usually right about these things.

ShaneFalco
01-26-2017, 04:17 PM
i think romo on average only plays 6 games a year the last 3 because of injury.

I would much rather have Rivers.

weazel
01-26-2017, 04:26 PM
if Elway decides to wait for the young guys to mature than he might as well trade away the veteran players including Miller.

ShaneFalco
01-26-2017, 06:04 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/576267/romodown.jpg

LawDog
01-26-2017, 06:14 PM
He should have X's on his eyes, or little birds circling around his head...

Simple Jaded
01-26-2017, 11:27 PM

hard choice.
You can't even be wrong right.

ShaneFalco
01-27-2017, 07:19 PM
You can't even be wrong right.

oh damn , Romo doesnt even have 2 wins in playoffs.

Northman
01-27-2017, 11:16 PM
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Broncos-not-all-that-interested-in-Tony-Romo-50860519

The major speed bump -- perhaps the only speed bump -- are the financials. As it stands now, Romo carries an astronomical $24.7 million salary cap number for 2017. That's much too rich for Denver's blood, even though they'll have enough space to absorb another big contract.

There have been rumblings that Dallas, who've handed the franchise reigns to (http://247sports.com/Player/Dak-Prescott-8327)Dak Prescott (http://247sports.com/Player/Dak-Prescott-8327), may simply bite the bullet and release Romo. Other rumors have floated the idea of Romo (37 in April) announcing his retirement after 14 seasons.
Despite major uncertainty at the position, and the offseason just entering the infancy stage, the Broncos appear inclined to ride it out with their young, inexpensive quarterbacks. And may the best man win.

Poet
01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
24 million.

Oh lawd!

Joel
01-28-2017, 08:25 AM
24 million.

Oh lawd!Yeah, they're boned worse than SF was with Kaep, which is the biggest reason there's NO chance we take him. Spotrac says Dallas guaranteed a little over half his $108M contract, and he's only halfway through it, so even if they cut him they'll still eat just over $19½M as dead money.

The sad stark reality for Dallas though is that they're stuck with a $20M cap hit next year WHATEVER they do: If they keep him it's $24.7, but even if they cut or deal him they'll still take a $20M hit for the money they've already given him that hasn't been charged to their cap yet.

We see this year after year, and usually with QBs FAR worse than Romo: This year it was Kaep, next year it'll be Oz. Yet GMs without a franchise QB still remain so desperate for one that they're willing to put themselves over that barrel. Yet people still insist there's NO trade value for a guy earning the league minimum the next two years and playing as well as Siemian did behind OUR line. Teams can do a lot worse, and many DO, but it's literally impossible to beat Siemians price.

Freyaka
01-28-2017, 11:35 AM
The only way Romo is a Bronco is if he gets cut. Period. We aren't trading for that contract. I really don't believe that Elway wants another 2-3 year loaner QB.

Northman
01-28-2017, 11:40 AM
The only way Romo is a Bronco is if he gets cut. Period. We aren't trading for that contract. I really don't believe that Elway wants another 2-3 year loaner QB.

The Cowboys would be dumb to just cut him because he does have worth not to mention Jones saying he didnt want to give up Romo either. Jones wont move Romo while he is still a commodity worth getting something for so the only way Romo gets dealt is via trade and like you said i dont see Denver taking on that contract.

Joel
01-28-2017, 12:49 PM
The Cowboys would be dumb to just cut him because he does have worth not to mention Jones saying he didnt want to give up Romo either. Jones wont move Romo while he is still a commodity worth getting something for so the only way Romo gets dealt is via trade and like you said i dont see Denver taking on that contract.That's the problem: NO ONE will take on that contract with Romos age and injury history, and Jerry paid him so much upfront that Dallas would take a big cap hit even if someone DID, so Dallas we'll want to be compensated for that, too. Romo had a $40M guarantee, with another $7½M guaranteed for making each of the 2014 and 2015 rosters, so Dallas has paid him $55M—but their cap's only been charged $38½M, so they still owe the difference: It's just a question of when (and how long.)

A trade could COMPENSATE them for that, but nothing can UNDO it: It's already done. Yet Romo's also contracted for an ADDITIONAL $14M in salary he's actually receiving this year, and no one in their right mind is going to pay him $14M AND give Dallas enough picks and players to offset $19½M in dead money (what Spotrac says remained uncharged after Romos last restructure.)

He's not going anywhere, any more than Brees or Kaepernick last year: Dallas will just to have to suck it up and take the hit for Romos salary and pro-rated bonuses (i.e. just under $25M of cap space.) They MIGHT cut him in 2018 to avoid ANOTHER $25M cap hit—but they'll STILL eat nearly $9M in dead money even then. Not pretty, since OTC says they have <$10M of cap space now, and some key FAs to re-sign (most notably Brandon Carr, Ron Leary, Barry Church and Terrance Williams.)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Do you guys want me to pen an open letter to Tony Romo, asking him to come to Denver?

I could cite some of the expertise found here, usernames included.

Should enough support be garnered I will strongly consider it.

Poet
01-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Do you guys want me to pen an open letter to Tony Romo, asking him to come to Denver?

Tell him that if he doesn't learn Von's celebrations moves we'll never truly love him.

Northman
01-28-2017, 01:15 PM

Can you leave my name off the list? lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Tell him that if he doesn't learn Von's celebrations moves we'll never truly love him.
This will be strongly considered.

Can you leave my name off the list? lol

No one is safe my message board brother.

Poet
01-28-2017, 01:20 PM
This will be strongly considered.

No one is safe my message board brother.

If no one is safe then put Jerry Jones and Tony Romo's name on the list....twice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 01:21 PM

If no one is safe then put Jerry Jones and Tony Romo's name on the list....twice.

Haha, should my appeal be to Jerry as well?

Simple Jaded
01-28-2017, 01:23 PM

Tell him he can bring Jessica Simpson too (as long as she's kept the baby weight off).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Tell him he can bring Jessica Simpson too (as long as she's kept the baby weight off).

You've got some nuggets I want to share and I'm concerned this might dissuade him from heading your sage advice since he's no longer with her.

Joel
01-28-2017, 02:50 PM

Well, it sounds like he's already decided, but it's not up to him. And not sure even any of our MB savants want him. What if his shadow intimidates Siemian? :(

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Well, it sounds like he's already decided, but it's not up to him. And not sure even any of our MB savants want him. What if his shadow intimidates Siemian? :(

I didn't ask for a commentary Joel. I asked for a yes or no vote. You've already got thousands of words I could choose from. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Joel, when it comes time to order dinner at a new restaurant, who gets more frustrated during the ordering process, you or your wife?

Joel
01-28-2017, 04:09 PM
Joel, when it comes time to order dinner at a new restaurant, who gets more frustrated during the ordering process, you or your wife?Oh, definitely her: She can't handle all the suspense about what she'll be eating.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Oh, definitely her: She can't handle all the suspense about what she'll be eating.

Do you have a litany of questions for your server?

Poet
01-28-2017, 04:35 PM

If that sandwich was a cornerback, would it be a Talib or a Harris?

Joel
01-28-2017, 04:51 PM
No

If that sandwich was a cornerback, would it be a Talib or a Harris?
"If you wew a twee, what kind of twee would you be?"

Northman
01-28-2017, 09:58 PM
So Missy is watching "Unbreakable" for the first time with me because she has never seen it. She of course is learning that Elijah is very fragile and goes on to comment that there are real people with those kinds of afflictions. So i say yea, you are correct to which she responds "like Tony Romo".

lmao

ShaneFalco
01-28-2017, 09:59 PM
No

"If you wew a twee, what kind of twee would you be?"

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnI0NKnGsuAnzI4/giphy.gif

Simple Jaded
01-28-2017, 10:42 PM
You've got some nuggets I want to share and I'm concerned this might dissuade him from heading your sage advice since he's no longer with her.

That's true, he can still bring her though. He doesn't have to take me seriously, that's not what's important.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-28-2017, 10:45 PM
That's right, he can still bring her though.

#hammer

:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2017, 10:10 AM
KUSA - If it should happen that Tony Romo is eventually released to the free-agent market, the Denver Broncos may express interest in the veteran quarterback.

A source in the Broncos’ football department did not dismiss the possibility of bringing in the Dallas Cowboys quarterback -- providing the situation reaches the point where Romo is no longer Cowboys’ property.

For financial and salary cap purposes, the Cowboys’ first preference likely would be to trade Romo, who was the team’s starting quarterback for 10 seasons until he lost his job this season to a back injury and the terrific performance of rookie Dak Prescott.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/if-romo-hits-free-market-broncos-could-express-interest/393969290

MOtorboat
01-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Yeah, baby!

Poet
01-29-2017, 01:19 PM
And then hopefully Lynch overtakes TS for the number two spot and I never have to see that shit again. Not just because he's a low talent guy who isn't worth investing in, but so I won't have to fight with my silly friends who won't see him for what he is.

I pray to John Elway!!!!

Valar Morghulis
01-29-2017, 01:22 PM
And then hopefully Lynch overtakes TS for the number two spot and I never have to see that shit again. Not just because he's a low talent guy who isn't worth investing in, but so I won't have to fight with my silly friends who won't see him for what he is. I pray to John Elway!!!!

I hope TFS beats them both out at training camp because he develops into the legend I know he was born to be

Northman
01-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Lol, you guys are such clowns.

Poet
01-29-2017, 01:26 PM
I hope TFS beats them both out at training camp because he develops into the legend I know he was born to be

I'm sure he is really good at Scrabble.

Valar Morghulis
01-29-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm sure he is really good at Scrabble.

If by scrabble you mean dissecting defences, making pre snap adjustments at a level that would make manning seem infantile, throwing bombs and leading us to Superbowl victory on multiple occasions then yes, I agree. He will be awesome at scrabble.

Poet
01-29-2017, 01:42 PM
If by scrabble you mean dissecting defences, making pre snap adjustments at a level that would make manning seem infantile, throwing bombs and leading us to Superbowl victory on multiple occasions then yes, I agree. He will be awesome at scrabble.

This is worse than Rex Ryan!

Valar Morghulis
01-29-2017, 01:43 PM
This is worse than Rex Ryan!

But no where near as bad as Nick saban

Poet
01-29-2017, 01:44 PM

NoOoOOOOoOoOOooOOoOOOOOOOooOOOO

Val's over here throwing punches and I haven't even had lunch yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Jon Heyman Verified account
‏@JonHeyman

romo agrees to dodgers deal. $3M plus incentives. he took significantly less to do LA deal.

Andrew Gatto ‏@Andrewtwin2 15m

@JonHeyman I'm not surprised he's leaving the Cowboys...but a move to baseball, that's shocking.

anytime55 ‏@ihatedeadends 16m

@JonHeyman Tony Romo is now a Dodger?

Timmy!
02-06-2017, 12:42 PM

#roasted
#thatboydead
#rolledtide
#davidklingler

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Jon Heyman Verified account
‏@JonHeyman

romo agrees to dodgers deal. $3M plus incentives. he took significantly less to do LA deal.

Andrew Gatto ‏@Andrewtwin2 15m

@JonHeyman I'm not surprised he's leaving the Cowboys...but a move to baseball, that's shocking.

anytime55 ‏@ihatedeadends 16m

@JonHeyman Tony Romo is now a Dodger?

How stupid - why are people reporting Tony Romo, when it is Sergio Romo

Freyaka
02-06-2017, 12:48 PM
How stupid - why are people reporting Tony Romo, when it is Sergio Romo

Why do people cuss out Brandon Marshall the LB when Brandon Marshall the WR screws up? It happens, people are dumb on twitter.

Joel
02-07-2017, 04:37 AM
Why do people think a team with a Swiss cheese line that hasn't kept a starting QB healthy for half a season since 2012 will spend $35M/yr worth of cap space and players/picks for a 37-year-old choking porcelain doll? The mere fact Michael Irvin says it's a good idea (http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Irvin-urges-Broncos-to-acquire-Tony-Romo-51143673) probably means it's a TERRIBLE idea.

Timmy!
02-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Why do people think a team with a Swiss cheese line that hasn't kept a starting QB healthy for half a season since 2012 will spend $35M/yr worth of cap space and players/picks for a 37-year-old choking porcelain doll? The mere fact Michael Irvin says it's a good idea (http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Irvin-urges-Broncos-to-acquire-Tony-Romo-51143673) probably means it's a TERRIBLE idea.

I am not huge on the Romo idea....buuuuuuuuut

If the Cowboys cut him he might sign a damn friendly deal, giving us ample $$$ to address the Oline. So 35 mil a year + picks is full retard. Stop.

Joel
02-07-2017, 06:05 AM
I am not huge on the Romo idea....buuuuuuuuut

If the Cowboys cut him he might sign a damn friendly deal, giving us ample $$$ to address the Oline. So 35 mil a year + picks is full retard. Stop.
IF they cut him, yes, that significantly (but not entirely) changes things; then it's just a question of how much he REALLY wants to play here.

HOWEVER, 144 characters isn't enough to show why cutting Romo would create $9M more cap space than trading him, not that Omar Kelly tried. It wouldn't reduce the amount of already-paid bonus money that hasn't yet been charged to Dallas cap and therefore immediately WOULD be, and any trade would charge his 2017 salary to the new teams cap. The reality is it wouldn't save a DIME more cap space than a trade, but:

Cutting him AFTER JUNE 1 would spread the cap hit over two seasons instead of hitting all at once. They'd have $9M less dead money this year but $9M MORE in 2018. If (as is likely) Dallas can't do a trade and can't/won't pay $24M for insurance against Dak getting hurt in the middle of next years playoff run, a post-June cut's the best of their few awful options, and certainly great for teams who want him (another challenge to finding a trade partner.)

So we'd have our new starting QB coming in at the start of camp to learn a whole new playbook and the names of teammates also learning a whole new playbook. IF we made an offer and IF he liked ours better than everyone elses (and while I'm convinced half a dozen teams have starters bad enough they'd leap at the chance to have Siemian under contract at minimum wage for two years, I'm just as convinced they'd rather give Romo a big short term contract.)

I ain't holding my breath expecting us to use our undeniably significant space on our offensive line; if we didn't do it under an offensively minded coach who's been tight with Elway for 35 years, we won't do it under a defensively minded one either. My bet is we look for the NTotF, then a coverage LB, then whatever's left at OT, then something else, then whatever's left at G, and blame Benton if the OL goes right on sucking for years. "If it ain't fixed, don't break it." ;)

Broncoknight30
02-07-2017, 07:15 AM

Behind one of the best, if not the best OL in football last year.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5xjXc5Wa1oI/V8QvY2mgZMI/AAAAAAAAJfI/m4zZyOE5jf0NwVw5rlS7HByUlopD07xeQCLcB/s640/EE1%2Bblitz%2BRomo%2Bhurt.gif

Yeah, preseason, but Romo is clearly damaged goods. Unless it comes at a minimum there is no way this should happen.

I cannot believe so many Broncos fans would really be excited about this.

Freyaka
02-07-2017, 09:58 AM
If AND ONLY IF Romo is cut will I be ok with him coming here...If picks are involved it will be the worst use of picks since Maurice Clarett. If Romo comes here on the cheap without costing us a pick then even if he does get injured immediately (as he doubtless will) he can be a great source of mentoring to the two QB's already on our roster.

CoachChaz
02-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Behind one of the best, if not the best OL in football last year.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5xjXc5Wa1oI/V8QvY2mgZMI/AAAAAAAAJfI/m4zZyOE5jf0NwVw5rlS7HByUlopD07xeQCLcB/s640/EE1%2Bblitz%2BRomo%2Bhurt.gif

Yeah, preseason, but Romo is clearly damaged goods. Unless it comes at a minimum there is no way this should happen.

I cannot believe so many Broncos fans would really be excited about this.

Not advocating for him to be acquired, but...the injury was classified as a "football trauma" and required no surgery. Simply put...it was a freak occurrence that had nothing to do with a "weak and broken body". Not really any different than planting your foot a certain way and coming up with a sprained ankle or even an MCL tear.

And the "he got broken behind the best OL in football" rhetoric is ridiculous as well. The Giants OL is considered pretty mush as bad as Denver's and yet, the slew-footed Eli Manning was only sacked 22 times this year. 6 less than Dak Prescott. In fact, 6 total teams gave up less sacks than the Cowboy OL.

I just think the questions of his durability are vastly overrated. Yes, he'll be 37 years old and with age he is more prone for potential injury, but when healthy, he would be leaps and bounds better than what we currently have. All that being said, my personal preference is to stick with Lynch.

Joel
02-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Not advocating for him to be acquired, but...the injury was classified as a "football trauma" and required no surgery. Simply put...it was a freak occurrence that had nothing to do with a "weak and broken body". Not really any different than planting your foot a certain way and coming up with a sprained ankle or even an MCL tear.

And the "he got broken behind the best OL in football" rhetoric is ridiculous as well. The Giants OL is considered pretty mush as bad as Denver's and yet, the slew-footed Eli Manning was only sacked 22 times this year. 6 less than Dak Prescott. In fact, 6 total teams gave up less sacks than the Cowboy OL.

I just think the questions of his durability are vastly overrated. Yes, he'll be 37 years old and with age he is more prone for potential injury, but when healthy, he would be leaps and bounds better than what we currently have. All that being said, my personal preference is to stick with Lynch.
The problem is his collar bone's been broken MULTIPLE (twice in ONE YEAR) and he's got a bad back. He's literally damaged goods, because scar tissue doesn't heal (that's what makes it scar tissue,) it just becomes stiff and brittle. As a bridge to Lynch/Siemian who can tutor them and show them what to do, he'd be fine at a big discount; any hope of a raw QB like Lynch being ready by Setember probably went out the window when we changed coaches and thus playbooks.

He's no ones long term answer though, so definitely not worth paying much to get. That's why Dallas can't deal him and probably will release him after June 1 to (slightly) minimize this years hurt in exchange for spreading $9M of it over to next year.

Northman
02-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Sorry,

you are just wrong here but to each their own.

Hawgdriver
02-07-2017, 10:49 AM
$35M/yr worth .. for a 37-year-old choking porcelain doll?

Is this some kind of Russian mail-order bride scam? I might still be interested.

Hawgdriver
02-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Hey Coach, Eli has way better pocket awareness than Dak and Trevor. I don't get your argument. You just want to de-hype the Dallas OL, back to reality a bit? I don't follow.

CoachChaz
02-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Hey Coach, Eli has way better pocket awareness than Dak and Trevor. I don't get your argument. You just want to de-hype the Dallas OL, back to reality a bit? I don't follow.

Point being, the QB has quite a bit to do with the OL performance as well. Eli is a better pocket QB and will throw the ball away when pressured, where as a more mobile QB will buy time and try to extend the play. That is how Romo got hurt. I'm not maligning the Dallas OL at all, just saying that the quality of a line doesnt always reflect the numbers properly. So, when people say "If he got hurt behind the best line...he'll get killed behind ours", it's a ridiculous assessment based on an assumption that our line will be just as bad next year and that Romo simply got hurt because he's frail. Neither are true.

CoachChaz
02-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Sorry,

you are just wrong here but to each their own.

Please enlighten me

Joel
02-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Is this some kind of Russian mail-order bride scam? I might still be interested.
Uh, yes, is very good choking doll, I have special price for you, my friend: Only $35,000,000/yr! Just wire money, will be there tomorrow. :)

Joel
02-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Point being, the QB has quite a bit to do with the OL performance as well. Eli is a better pocket QB and will throw the ball away when pressured, where as a more mobile QB will buy time and try to extend the play. That is how Romo got hurt. I'm not maligning the Dallas OL at all, just saying that the quality of a line doesnt always reflect the numbers properly. So, when people say "If he got hurt behind the best line...he'll get killed behind ours", it's a ridiculous assessment based on an assumption that our line will be just as bad next year and that Romo simply got hurt because he's frail. Neither are true.
Well, it's fair to note the clip of his injury clearly shows him taking off and scrambling, which isn't much of a reflection on the line unless they're expected to block downfield onon pass plays (which is kinda like, illegal.) That said, the mere fact a 37-year-old QB with HIS injury history decided to take off and scramble in a PRESEASON game doesn't show the kind of smarts I want in a starting QB. I mean, there's competitive, and then there's just STUPID.

CoachChaz
02-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Well, it's fair to note the clip of his injury clearly shows him taking off and scrambling, which isn't much of a reflection on the line unless they're expected to block downfield onon pass plays (which is kinda like, illegal.) That said, the mere fact a 37-year-old QB with HIS injury history decided to take off and scramble in a PRESEASON game doesn't show the kind of smarts I want in a starting QB. I mean, there's competitive, and then there's just STUPID.

Are we watching the same clip? Because what I see is a QB moving out of the pocket to avoid getting killed by both edge rushers and then sliding to avoid contact before he even got back to the line of scrimmage. It was only because a defender hit him awkwardly in mid slide that he suffered the injury. But maybe he should have done the SMART thing and hung in there and took the bigger hit. Truth is...that could have happened to anyone.

But again...I'm not advocating signing him. Just saying that in the right scenario, he could do very well. Probably better than we could expect from Lynch or Siemian.

Joel
02-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Are we watching the same clip? Because what I see is a QB moving out of the pocket to avoid getting killed by both edge rushers and then sliding to avoid contact before he even got back to the line of scrimmage. It was only because a defender hit him awkwardly in mid slide that he suffered the injury. But maybe he should have done the SMART thing and hung in there and took the bigger hit. Truth is...that could have happened to anyone.

But again...I'm not advocating signing him. Just saying that in the right scenario, he could do very well. Probably better than we could expect from Lynch or Siemian.
You're right, I wasn't looking at the LoS, only how far he ran. The way the rules are now he should've just thrown it out of bounds once he was outside the tacklebox, but that's easy to say from the time- and pressure-free comfort of a chair. Figures he was hurt by Seattle hitting him as he slid; never change, Seahawks.

TXBRONC
02-11-2017, 08:58 AM
You're right, I wasn't looking at the LoS, only how far he ran. The way the rules are now he should've just thrown it out of bounds once he was outside the tacklebox, but that's easy to say from the time- and pressure-free comfort of a chair. Figures he was hurt by Seattle hitting him as he slid; never change, Seahawks.

Romo wasn't on the ground when the defender made contact with him. It wasn't a dirty hit.

Joel
02-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Romo wasn't on the ground when the defender made contact with him. It wasn't a dirty hit.
He'd already dived; just didn't matter.

gregbroncs
02-11-2017, 02:28 PM
He'd already dived; just didn't matter.The Seattle player was already mid tackle when he slid. Your asking a guy to stop in mid air to avoid contact. Which is not possible. It was a freak accident. I still don't have any interest in Romo.

Joel
02-12-2017, 06:24 AM
The Seattle player was already mid tackle when he slid. Your asking a guy to stop in mid air to avoid contact. Which is not possible. It was a freak accident. I still don't have any interest in Romo.
Looks to me like he jumped and swiped AS Romo began his slide, but I concede it's close.

Broncoknight30
02-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Looks to me like he jumped and swiped AS Romo began his slide, but I concede it's close.

Was not close at all. Not one part of that tackle should in any way garner any sort of question about a late hit. Not one part of it.

Joel
02-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Was not close at all. Not one part of that tackle should in any way garner any sort of question about a late hit. Not one part of it.
He MAY have left his feet a SPLIT SECOND before Romo began sliding, but to say it's not even close "at all" is untenable: The tape don't lie. I mean sure, if we count Romos slide from "the moment he hits the ground" but the tackle from "the moment he leaps" it's "not close." But if we count from when each clearly and indisputably began their respective acts, which came first is VERY close. Put it this way:

Romo took longer throwing himself to the ground than Avril did leaping on him, even though Romo was working with gravity instead of against it.

TXBRONC
02-12-2017, 02:12 PM
The Seattle player was already mid tackle when he slid. Your asking a guy to stop in mid air to avoid contact. Which is not possible. It was a freak accident. I still don't have any interest in Romo.

Romo had just begun to give himself up when he was hit by that defender. If the defender had made helmet to helmet contact with Romo, that would be a dirty hit.

TXBRONC
02-12-2017, 02:14 PM
He'd already dived; just didn't matter.

Ah, no had still pretty much upright and the defender was already in the process of hitting tackling.

TXBRONC
02-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Romo was injured on the play but it may not have been the defender that caused it. Hit the ground pretty hard with his rear-end it might have been the turf that caused it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h

Source says Tony Romo expecting release, not trade, and believes he can start as #NFL QB 2-3 more seasons despite turning 37, injury history

Freyaka
02-16-2017, 01:28 PM

Source says Tony Romo expecting release, not trade, and believes he can start as #NFL QB 2-3 more seasons despite turning 37, injury history

Well if that's true he'll be in Denver. If he's released I think we automatically end up as the landing spot just about.

Poet
02-16-2017, 01:29 PM
If we sign Romo, and the contract isn't awful, I might smile.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM

The burden of proof will be on you.

Poet
02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
The burden of proof will be on you.

I want to be your friend, but our past is murky. I cannot smile now. Good job!

Freyaka
02-16-2017, 02:02 PM

I'm not anti-romo if it's a team friendly deal. I have no expectations of him surviving 4 games even if we do sign him to a team friendly deal, but I'm sure he'll play well for 4 games.

Joel
02-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Well if that's true he'll be in Denver. If he's released I think we automatically end up as the landing spot just about.
Depends how serious Romo was about wanting to be a Bronco. Everyone (clearly including him) makes the Manning comparison, but Manning had a great injury history before the SINGLE injury that cost him a whole season and nearly ended his career. Far more importantly, Manning also had a DECADE of playoff seasons with a .500 SB record; Romo's rarely reached and NEVER exceeded the divisional round. And, of course, he's two years older than Manning was when we signed him.

He'd be great insurance if we want to test Lynchs readiness, but Siemian is too for a third as much even if Romo takes the vet minimum. Likewise, Romo'd be great insurance if we want to see if Siemians year of starting raises his game, but so is Lynch for less, and he'll be around much longer. This has "team-friendly deal" written all over it; if Romo's invested well enough he's not worried about retirement but is DEEPLY worried about retiring with a ring, fine.

However, if he wants $15M+/yr, he can and thus probably will get it, but I need to believe Elway's too smart to be the one paying it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

#Broncos will remain connected to Romo until situation resolved. But #Texans could be better fit. @DenverChannel

Northman
02-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

#Broncos will remain connected to Romo until situation resolved. But #Texans could be better fit. @DenverChannel

Lol

Poor Brock

LawDog
02-16-2017, 10:27 PM
If Cutler gets cut (as NFL.com suggests) i think I would be less pissed with signing him than Romo. But I'm not really sure why. Maybe just the injury factor, but still.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-16-2017, 10:57 PM
I want to be your friend, but our past is murky. I cannot smile now. Good job!

I'm merely suggesting a photo king, not your right ring finger.

Poet
02-16-2017, 11:58 PM
If Cutler gets cut (as NFL.com suggests) i think I would be less pissed with signing him than Romo. But I'm not really sure why. Maybe just the injury factor, but still.

On one hand he's still a huge talented guy with mobility and toughness.

On the other hand he gets hurt a lot and is a frown cannon.

Man...I don't think I'd be mad if we signed him though.

Poet
02-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Lol

Poor Brock

He really is the worst QB ever.

TS >Brent Ozintwheilheimerdingerupperdownzorz.

**** that guy.

Broncoknight30
02-17-2017, 05:21 AM

http://www.lovethisgif.com/uploaded_images/62742-Jim-Carrey-Puking-Animated-Gif.gif

TXBRONC
02-17-2017, 08:41 AM

No one is going to take on his contract. Even coming via free agency I wouldn't be in favor of bringing in Romo.

Hawgdriver
02-17-2017, 10:39 AM
On the other hand he . . . is a frown cannon.

Great language!

Buff
02-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Putting aside the obvious disdain for Cutler, I would be apprehensive about both of them for the same reasons as I don't think either of them had great work ethics during the prime of their careers... Romo will be 37 to start the season - he's injury prone and has always come up small in the biggest situations. Why on earth would he be the answer?

tripp
02-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Putting aside the obvious disdain for Cutler, I would be apprehensive about both of them for the same reasons as I don't think either of them had great work ethics during the prime of their careers... Romo will be 37 to start the season - he's injury prone and has always come up small in the biggest situations. Why on earth would he be the answer?

I said in a previous post I would love if Cutler signed a team friendly contract and competed with Siemian and Lynch in training camp. I don't think it's a given he would beat out Siemian for starting position either, but would be fun none the less to see them compete.

Would regardless if we sign Cutler or Romo, I think we bring in a 3rd QB either in the draft or free agency just to compete with the other two QB's on our roster.

Joel
02-17-2017, 06:27 PM
I don't know if McCoy/Musgrave can develop a blank QB slate into a franchise guy, but would MUCH rather let them try then pay $10-15M/yr for a BADLY FLAWED finished (in all senses) product who'll leave us right back here in 2-3 years no matter what. There's a very short list of QBs who still sucked at 28 but didn't go right on sucking til 38. It's not so much "a list" as "Jim Plunkett."

If Romo or Cutler wants to be cheap insurance policy, fine, but I doubt even Romo would go for that and KNOW Cutler wouldn't.

Simple Jaded
02-17-2017, 06:49 PM
I don't know if McCoy/Musgrave can develop a blank QB slate into a franchise guy, but would MUCH rather let them try then pay $10-15M/yr for a BADLY FLAWED finished (in all senses) product who'll leave us right back here in 2-3 years no matter what. There's a very short list of QBs who still sucked at 28 but didn't go right on sucking til 38. It's not so much "a list" as "Jim Plunkett."

If Romo or Cutler wants to be cheap insurance policy, fine, but I doubt even Romo would go for that and KNOW Cutler wouldn't.

So that's it...one thing left to do.

Sign them both.

Canmore
02-17-2017, 06:50 PM

Maybe Rich Gannon.

Joel
02-17-2017, 08:26 PM
So that's it...one thing left to do.

Sign them both.
Seems to be how "logic" works around here; I gotta start using reverse psychology.

Hey, Elway: Only a brain dead moron would draft any G before the 5th round, and even a drooling imbecilic lunatic wouldn't draft an OT in the FIRST round. Also, 30-year-old CBs who miss whole games due to suspension, onfield injuries and even SELF-INFLICTED offfield injuries area steal at $12M/yr, but any 2nd round CB who isn't starting by his 4th season by a pair of Pro Bowlers and 1st rounder is just wasting roster space.

#ForumThangs ;)

Joel
02-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Maybe Rich Gannon.
Maybe; he still strikes me more as a system QB in a system that only worked until Chucky used an elite D to dismantle it. And a lot of QBs would look good throwing to Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. ;)

BroncoJoe
02-22-2017, 03:35 PM

Freyaka
02-22-2017, 05:25 PM

It's obviously photoshoped, but man it gave me a good laugh.

FanInAZ
02-23-2017, 12:17 AM
It's obviously photoshoped, but man it gave me a good laugh.

I wouldn't assume that its photoshopped. How many little boys don't break at least 1 bone before reaching adulthood? I broke my right hand pointer finger in 4th grade, knockout a tooth in 5th grade & my right wrist in 7th grade.

TXBRONC
02-23-2017, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't assume that its photoshopped. How many little boys don't break at least 1 bone before reaching adulthood? I broke my right hand pointer finger in 4th grade, knockout a tooth in 5th grade & my right wrist in 7th grade.

I've never broken a bone. It's not that didn't do things were risky at times but I just never broke anything. Worst thing I ever had happen to me was a sprained ankel and that happened when I was 32 or 33.

Freyaka
02-23-2017, 10:32 AM

It's not an assumption. It has all the tell tale signs of being photoshopped. If you look at the full sized version of the photo on facebook, it's clearly photoshoped. The head doesn't line up right with the body. It's fake, but funny.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-23-2017, 11:46 AM
It's a joke, who cares if it's cropped?

Hawgdriver
02-23-2017, 01:18 PM

Mr. Literal responded, "Freyaka."

Freyaka
02-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Mr. Literal responded, "Freyaka."

I don't give a rats ass if it's photoshopped, it doesn't bother me that it is. I was just responding to the dude who said it wasn't.

It's funny... who cares. get off my case over here hawg... It doesn't have to be real to be hilarious, it just isn't real.

TXBRONC
02-24-2017, 09:06 AM

I got a good laugh out of it.

Hawgdriver
02-24-2017, 11:13 AM
So was it photoshopped or not? Did we resolve the issue?

FanInAZ
02-26-2017, 08:53 PM
So was it photoshopped or not? Did we resolve the issue?

All that's been resolved so far is:

1) The pic is funny.

2) I may have had the most injury prone childhood of any member of this board.

3) Certain members of this board take things way to seriously.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:11 PM
"Too"

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:12 PM
"Too"

bully.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:14 PM
bully.

That's the nices thing you've said to me all week.

Thank you

Simple Jaded
02-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Seems to be how "logic" works around here; I gotta start using reverse psychology.

Hey, Elway: Only a brain dead moron would draft any G before the 5th round, and even a drooling imbecilic lunatic wouldn't draft an OT in the FIRST round. Also, 30-year-old CBs who miss whole games due to suspension, onfield injuries and even SELF-INFLICTED offfield injuries area steal at $12M/yr, but any 2nd round CB who isn't starting by his 4th season by a pair of Pro Bowlers and 1st rounder is just wasting roster space.

#ForumThangs ;)

These are not the droids you're looking for.

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:20 PM
That's the nices thing you've said to me all week.

Thank you

This is why I hate you.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:29 PM
This is why I hate you.

My sarcasm is so under appreciated. I think you hate me more than TS.

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:30 PM
My sarcasm is so under appreciated. I think you hate me more than TS.

Well, you're actually talented...so I don't hate you.

If you were a poster draft pick, you'd be a solid late first rounder.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:32 PM
This is why I hate you.

Well, you're actually talented...so I don't hate you.

If you were a poster draft pick, you'd be a solid late first rounder.

That doesn't make me feel good. There aren't enough active posters here to fill one round.

I feel like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber

"So you're saying there's a chance?!"

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:33 PM
That doesn't make me feel good. There aren't enough active posters here to fill one round.

I feel like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber

"So you're saying there's a chance?!"

I was speaking metaphorically.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-26-2017, 10:34 PM
This is why I hate you.

I was speaking metaphorically.

I know, but I was like, being funny, man.

Poet
02-26-2017, 10:35 PM
I know, but I was like, being funny, man.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!