PDA

View Full Version : Vance Joseph introductory press conference

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I believe this site was down for a while? In any case, here are some highlights from the intro presser that was carried on the Broncos website:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m24 minutes ago

John Elway: "After the shock of Gary stepping down ... I couldn't be happier with the ability to fill Gary's shoes with Vance Joseph."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

Elway: "We talk about culture, we talk about what that locker room means. ... The culture becomes something that is very important."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago

Elway: "I think you'll see the type of man (Vance Joseph) is and what he believes in."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 23m23 minutes ago

John Elway is using the word "culture," a few times in explaining why Vance Joseph.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

Elway: "He's the perfect fit for us. He knows our weaknesses and he knows our strengths."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago

Elway on Vance Joseph: "He's very smart. He's an ex-quarterback."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Elway: "This job won't be too big for him. He'll fit right in."

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "Wow. Well, I'm excited. I'm also proud and humbled to be the Broncos' next head coach."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21m21 minutes ago

Joseph: "It's a great job. Most first-time head coaches, the job they receive is mostly broken. This is not broken."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Joseph: "Mr. Bowlen has set a standard here of winning, and it's my job to keep that standard and heighten it to new levels."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21m21 minutes ago

Joseph: "It's a special place, because it's about winning. That's my goal -- I'm here to win."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Joseph, to his players: "My philosophy is this, guys: Just come to work. Our standard is to win championships, but we can't skip the work."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 19m19 minutes ago

Joseph: "This job won't be a rebuilt. It's a reboot. It's my job to find the small tweaks to make this team a winning team again."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m18 minutes ago

Joseph mentions "Bronco Country" ... "you guys are a big part of what we do ... I promise you, we're gonna go to work."

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 17m17 minutes ago

Joseph said he's not sure about Wade Phillips: "Wade's a free agent. He's free to go where he wants to go."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 17m17 minutes ago

Vance Joseph" "I would prefer not to call plays.''

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

Joseph: "Leader of men means you get guys to follow you ... it takes convincing to get guys to do hard things in life."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "I want an offense with swagger, an offense {that is) up-tempo and scores a lot of points."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "I'm embracing it (pressure and high standards), I want the players to embrace it."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Vance Joseph: "I want coordinators that put players first and scheme second."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Joseph, on Siemian: "He had a fine year ... he's smart, fast with the ball." Says the QBs are both young & capable, with open competition.

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Joseph talks about how Gase cut 3 offensive linemen in-season -- "that takes courage ... tough decisions" are "part of the job."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph said knows McCoy. Respects him as play caller. Hasn't interviewed him yet. Musgrave also candidate @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Joseph on staffing: "Gary has a fine staff. ... Hopefully a week, week and a half. ... I'm not rushing, because the staff is critical."

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Elway: "He's got a good feel for what he wants offensively having been on the defensive side."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Elway: Vance & Gase "got guys to play & figure out how to win games ... that's ultimately what it's all about."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Elway asked about Miami's D stats w/ Joseph: "There's only one stat that counts and that's how many games you win."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway "This is a team that knows how to win. He has some qualities to enhance that." @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Elway: "It's Vance's staff. Any recommendations he wants from me ... If I can give input, I will. But it's Vance's staff."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Elway: "You look at experience, but you look at the person, and you believe they can grow -- and grow fast."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Elway said Vance Joseph has long been "a sounding board for the head [coach]."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Elway asked he'll be more hands-on w/ 1st-yr HC: "I hope I can help him. Our job is to support them the best we can on the personnel side."

Bronco4ever
01-12-2017, 02:38 PM
I liked most of what I heard him say except he said we have a good offensive line. :eek:

Rick
01-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Vance Joseph: "I want an offense with swagger, an offense {that is) up-tempo and scores a lot of points."

This part I like and is what I want. I want a fast and furious offense, attack.

Is this McCoy?? That I am not sure I agree with.

Buff
01-12-2017, 03:15 PM
This part I like and is what I want. I want a fast and furious offense, attack.

Is this McCoy?? That I am not sure I agree with.

Klis yesterday was alluding to how Musgrave brings with him a west coast attack that's more similar to Kubiak's offense. McCoy brings a more spread-heavy offense... Of those two options, I think McCoy's has a higher upside and better opportunity to be more dynamic.

I don't think either guy is known for their hair-on-fire aggression, but of the two I definitely prefer McCoy.

NightTerror218
01-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Elway likes the run game type offense. The game controling type. Goes with a top notch defense bweter imo. Keep defense freah. Had a 10 min drive.

slim
01-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Klis yesterday was alluding to how Musgrave brings with him a west coast attack that's more similar to Kubiak's offense. McCoy brings a more spread-heavy offense... Of those two options, I think McCoy's has a higher upside and better opportunity to be more dynamic.

I don't think either guy is known for their hair-on-fire aggression, but of the two I definitely prefer McCoy.

Correct. I think McCoy is running the NE/McDaniels offense, or at least some version of it.

He just doesn't run it as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Vance Joseph's introductory press conference
The Broncos introduce Vance Joseph as the 16th head coach in franchise history.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Vance-Josephs-introductory-press-conference/98295ed1-1433-4356-b9e4-0f12e8c9e5f1

ShaneFalco
01-12-2017, 06:40 PM
did he talk about getting ram rodded in the wildcard by the steelers?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2017, 06:44 PM

If that is what is important to you, guess you need to listen to it and find out if he did.

chazoe60
01-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Yeah, he said he hasn't seen the Steelers cut through a defense like that since they did it to the Broncos in the regular season last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2017, 07:21 PM
From article:

Joseph begins the heavy lifting now. He must assemble his staff. Fans want the Broncos to keep defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. He is a no longer under contract and the Los Angeles Rams are among the teams pursuing him. Other suitors might be able to offer more money and security.

"Wade is a football father of mine. I have learned so much from Wade over the years. If Wade wants to be here, that’s going to be a discussion obviously. He’s had a top-five defense the last two years, and that’s impressive. It’s a good group and they enjoy playing for Wade. No one dislikes Wade, obviously," Joseph said. "Wade is a free agent, so he will have options also. Nothing is guaranteed in this league and things happen for outside of football reasons. We have to work through these issues and see what happens.”

Joseph has a good relationship with Broncos secondary coach Joe Woods. He believes Woods is ready to become a coordinator if Phillips doesn't return. As he sat for Thursday's interview, Joseph was polite, if not impatient. He is ready "to get to work."

rest - much more in exclusive interview with Troy Renck
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/live-broncos-to-introduce-vance-joseph-in-press-conference

Hawgdriver
01-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Vance Joseph: "I want coordinators that put players first and scheme second."

This is a good start.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2017, 11:21 AM
This is a good start.
It is, and that's why I like McCoy. He adapts the scheme to fit the players.

dogfish
01-13-2017, 12:03 PM
If that is what is important to you, guess you need to listen to it and find out if he did.

lmao! falco gets punked by carol. . . :lol:

Bronco4ever
01-13-2017, 12:06 PM
I watched the press conference again. I think VJ's "I'll tell you this" is the equivalent to Shanny's "When you have a guy".