PDA

View Full Version : Who's Starting Under Center For The Broncos Next Year?

WARHORSE
01-10-2017, 04:20 AM
Under the presumption that Kyle Shanahan is named coach and Wade Phillips is DC.......who starts at QB?

Considering what we've seen from both these guys, I can see either one starting.

However, with the talent that Lynch has....the arm, the mobility, the quick release.....Im thinking Paxton wins out.

If Trevor beats out Lynch, then it will say that hes made some big strides because Lynch is definitely going to get more comfortable in this offense in his second year.

His talent leaves you drooling for what can be.

Timmy!
01-10-2017, 05:20 AM
Too early thread is to early

broncofaninfla
01-10-2017, 09:07 AM
At this point I say Trevor. I know he's not the sexy option but I really like what I've seen from this kid so far. I'd like to see this kid behind a good OL and a effective running game.

NightTerror218
01-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Way too early because they could be getting a new playbook and how qork with wr over offseason could change things. Siemian def has advantave but if lynch cleans up game his higher ceiling could be the deal breaker. Way to early.

EastCoastBronco
01-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Unless we get the O-Line fixed, Elway is not a viable option...

Northman
01-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Strap yourself in the Siemian train.

Magnificent Seven
01-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Siemian could be a great QB if his offensive linemen are phenomenal.

Shazam!
01-10-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I see this team making a huge play for Romo. Jersey sales alone.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 06:36 PM

I wouldn't rule it out, but part of me will be disappointed in Elway not capitalizing on a roster situation that doesn't require throwing big money at a FA QB. A cheaper Romo I would love to see.

BroncoJoe
01-10-2017, 07:01 PM

It ain't gonna happen.

ShaneFalco
01-10-2017, 07:04 PM
All these fake imposter threads.

Bronco4ever
01-10-2017, 07:26 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Elway made a play for a QB (Romo), but if it's between Lynch and Siemian, I can't envision Lynch making enough strides in the offseason to push for the starting job. He's got the tools, but he needs more time to develop his game and learn.

Simple Jaded
01-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Jay Cutler.

/thread

dogfish
01-10-2017, 09:38 PM

yep. . . pointless speculating about the QB when we don't know who the coach or the offensive coordinator is going to be. . .

Northman
01-10-2017, 10:49 PM

Lol,

Denver doesnt need to have any spike in Jersey sales. Especially when they have one of the best players in the league in Von Miller. Secondly, Romo isnt the kind of guy to hold the same sway as Elway or Manning. Especially after he is going to be replaced by a rookie.

CoachChaz
01-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Assuming the cap sits around $168M for 2017, we're left with $38M for extensions and FA. We can add to that if we renegotiate with Okung (yes, I think he stays) and Talib, and cut guys like Stephenson and Crick. But, considering we need a bunch of OL and DL talent...and the rising cost of that...I just dont see any scenario where Romo fits into any plans.

BroncoWave
01-11-2017, 10:35 AM
yep. . . pointless speculating about the QB when we don't know who the coach or the offensive coordinator is going to be. . .

Should we start a third thread about our coaching search? It's not like there's an abundance of shit to talk about during the offseason.

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Yea, hard to say at this point, we'll see what the offseason brings first. It's fun to speculate, but there isn't enough info yet.

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Assuming the cap sits around $168M for 2017, we're left with $38M for extensions and FA. We can add to that if we renegotiate with Okung (yes, I think he stays) and Talib, and cut guys like Stephenson and Crick. But, considering we need a bunch of OL and DL talent...and the rising cost of that...I just dont see any scenario where Romo fits into any plans.

The only way it would work would be if Jerry cut him, which won't happen because Jerry will want something in return. If Romo's cut, we can sign him to a more team friendly deal.

That said, I obviously don't want him here.

chazoe60
01-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Deshaun Watson.

CoachChaz
01-11-2017, 12:35 PM
The only way it would work would be if Jerry cut him, which won't happen because Jerry will want something in return. If Romo's cut, we can sign him to a more team friendly deal.

That said, I obviously don't want him here.

Same was said with Ware. Teams know Jerry has no choice but to cut him, so they'll wait. Some team might come along and ask to renegotiate with Romo and offer some low round pick based on that...but I dont see a team letting go of a high pick AND paying him his current deal.

WARHORSE
01-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Well, we're carrying three QBs as it is, so the scenario where I can see Romo coming is if he gets cut by Dallas, he feels Denver is a great organization and wants to compete for a ring, and hes willing to come at a bargain basement price because Denver with a QB of his caliber and an improved Oline is a superbowl contender.

What I actually see happening is him taking a pay cut and staying in Dallas.

WARHORSE
01-11-2017, 02:34 PM
All these fake imposter threads.

Is that a cry for help?

heh heh

Poet
01-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Deshaun Watson.

:shocked:

Northman
01-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Deshaun Watson.

Lol,

dont count on it.

Cugel
01-11-2017, 05:04 PM
It ain't gonna happen.

Of course it ain't going to happen. For some reason fans insist on spinning these absurd fantasies. And they never bother to look up the salary cap implications of a deal before they gush about it like teen aged school girls crushing on Justin Bieber. Dude is going to make $24 M next year (including pro-rated signing bonus). WTF?

Guy couldn't stay healthy behind the Dallas offensive line and now he's going to come to Denver and play behind the OL sieve? He wouldn't last a month. What a waste of money that would be!

At least Lynch and Siemian are mobile enough to run away from the pressure from time to time.

Cugel
01-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

Alright. I missed this post where CoachChaz nails it. The cap might be a bit higher than that when all is said and done, but that doesn't alter the point.

1. Yes Okung probably stays. But, he's scheduled to earn $11 M next season and he's not worth it. The Broncos either have to guarantee his remaining contract at starting LT prices or else refuse to exercise his option and let him walk.

If they let him walk there's no obvious better option out there. Better to bite the bullet and overpay Okung. That's what happens when you don't have a franchise LT.

Like Joe Thomas who they could have traded for! Just sayin'. That decision not to make that trade keeps biting them in the ass.

The Broncos Salary Cap is premised on not paying a QB. Their 2 QBs can each start in a pinch, both are under contract for the next 3 years, and combined they make less than $2 M. Why would the Broncos go out and hire a high priced FA and trade for him? It doesn't fit into their cap situation.

2. Broncos will need to get a FA NT to replace Sylvester Williams who is an UFA and will get a ridiculous amount of money he's not worth either. Broncos might do this through the draft.

3. Broncos need to find a RT, and a starting RG.

Draft or FA, however they do it, the right side of the OL needs a total overhaul. They will probably keep both Max Garcia and Michael Schofield because they're cheap even if they aren't any good. Perhaps the next OL coach can help them develop.

4. Broncos need to find a starting DE. They never replaced DE Malik Jackson who left for $15 M a year in Jacksonville.

SO, no. No high priced veteran FA QBs in 2016. At most they might sign a washed up guy like they did Butt-Fumbler. But, that guy will be an emergency "break glass in case of emergency QB" who would only get into games if Siemian got hurt and Lynch showed his deer-in-the-headlights look again. The price for a veteran backup QB is around $5 M, not $24M.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2017, 05:26 PM
I see negative stuff about Crick, but he was our most reliable D lineman this year. With Wolfe getting nicked up and Gotsis not being ready, most of the heavy lifting went to Crick. He wasn't great, but a 3-4 DE isn't supposed to be a guy getting sacks and tackles. JJ Watt, Wolfe, and Fletcher Cox are more exceptions to the rule than the norm.

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Romo will agree to void his contract with Dallas, saving him the embarrassment of being cut and giving Jerry the impression of having class. They are like father and son.

He will get about 18 mil from someone.

Or he can acknowledge his bank balance is healthy but his trophy cabinet bare. And take deal with a team like us on the cheap.

If I was Romo, I would contact elway ask for ten mil guarenteed for a one/two year deal then retire.

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Just to add, I hope he doesn't come here.

EastCoastBronco
01-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Once more for the record.
Romo will die behind our line.

Cugel
01-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Same was said with Ware. Teams know Jerry has no choice but to cut him, so they'll wait. Some team might come along and ask to renegotiate with Romo and offer some low round pick based on that...but I dont see a team letting go of a high pick AND paying him his current deal.

I agree. But, it's probably more important for the Cowboys to get cap relief than it is to get a high draft pick. If they can force some desperate team to eat his salary, that gives them some tremendous cap flexibility to acquire whatever FAs they need.

Meanwhile this is not the Cowboys forum, it's a BRONCOS forum. So, why is anybody discussing Romo, who is never coming here. Completely irrelevant.

MOtorboat
01-12-2017, 07:05 PM
I agree. But, it's probably more important for the Cowboys to get cap relief than it is to get a high draft pick. If they can force some desperate team to eat his salary, that gives them some tremendous cap flexibility to acquire whatever FAs they need.

Meanwhile this is not the Cowboys forum, it's a BRONCOS forum. So, why is anybody discussing Romo, who is never coming here. Completely irrelevant.

The same reason you continue to talk about Joe Thomas.