PDA

View Full Version : Vance Joseph? EDIT Vance Joseph Hired

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 03:25 AM
Does that make any sense? The Dolphins defense, sucks. They have talent too.

They were ranked 29th overall and 30th against the rush.

Someone please explain it to me.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2017, 03:37 AM
Does that make any sense? The Dolphins defense, sucks. They have talent too.

They were ranked 29th overall and 30th against the rush.

Someone please explain it to me.

I don't get it either. Is he even a serious candidate for other jobs?

Poet
01-03-2017, 03:55 AM
He was a fringe candidate two years ago when he left Cincinnati. He has a good mind for defense. He will probably be someone's HC.

He is NOT what we need.

MOtorboat
01-03-2017, 04:02 AM
He was the No. 2 choice two years ago when Kubiak was hired. Elway liked him as head coach then and wanted him as DC over Phillips.

He's a viable candidate.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 04:05 AM
He was the No. 2 choice two years ago when Kubiak was hired. Elway liked him as head coach then and wanted him as DC over Phillips.

He's a viable candidate.

The dolphins defense sucks. He is in charge of the defense. They have talent.
Does not make any sense.

At all.

MOtorboat
01-03-2017, 04:07 AM
The dolphins defense sucks. He is charge of the defense. They have talent.
Does not make any sense.

At all.

Cleveland and Washington's offenses sucked under Kyle Shanahan. Does that lessen his value as a head coach, or is it a "what have you done for me now" hire?

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 04:23 AM
Cleveland and Washington's offenses sucked under Kyle Shanahan. Does that lessen his value as a head coach, or is it a "what have you done for me now" hire?

Redskins offense was not that bad under Shanahan. They were 18th in 2010 their first year. Improved to top 5 in 2012. Then in 2013, with the shit show with RGIII and all of that, they were still a top 10 offense.

In Houston he was OC in 2008 and 09. They were top 5 each of those years.

Cleveland? Ok. They were 23rd, with....what? The Dolphins have real talent on that defense. The bottom line is the Dolphins defense regressed with Joseph as DC. Went from 25th to 29th.

BTW, the Falcons offense went from 16th in 2015 to 2nd in 2016.

Kyle Shanahan has been successful as an OC. Now, if we can find out if he still has Chris Simms initials tattooed on his ankle. That could be a game changer for me. :D

Shazam!
01-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Please. No.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Please. No.

I am just trying to understand the logic. Broncos best defense in the NFL (at least top 2) the last 2 years with an historic run that garnered a Lombardi.

The offense has been totally anemic and the logic would be to hire a defensive minded coach who has only had one stint as a DC where that defense sucked.

Soooo to recap....

Well I don't need to do that. Makes no sense. At all.

Northman
01-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Im sure the success or failure of any coach is somewhat hinged on the players they had on the team, etc. Personally i would like us to go for a more offensive minded candidate because i would like to see more creativity in our offensive game planning but should Wade walk we may need to continue to have a defensive mind (unless we get a good replacement at DC) at the helm as well.

tripp
01-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Was listening to 1043 the fan, and they were saying how you can plug ANYONE in at DC and this defense will excel. I'm not so sure about that. JDR wasn't that great with this defense, IMO. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Leave Wade Phillips in at DC, keep the continuity, he wants to be here. Vance Joseph doesn't seem like the right fit to me as he is a DC minded coach, we don't have problems with the defense, clearly.

It's too bad because I really liked Adam Gase while he was here, and it seemed like the offense fell apart once he had left.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Don't forget the Rooney Rule

NightTerror218
01-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Miami over spends every FA period and have a defense of high paid guys who never played together and each season they release a few of them. There is no continuity in miami

dogfish
01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
do not want!

MOtorboat
01-03-2017, 02:34 PM
do not want!

I'm really surprised on the push back to Joseph as a candidate. He was their second choice two years ago and is considered a top candidate around the league for any job.

Nomad
01-03-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm really surprised on the push back to Joseph as a candidate. He was their second choice two years ago and is considered a top candidate around the league for any job.

He's not the new shiny toy. It seems it's Shanahan or bust for BRONCO fans.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 02:44 PM

What makes Vance Joseph a logical choice? I am confused. Little more than a "shiny new toy" with shananan.

Is there anything about vance Joseph that makes him a logical choice? A defensive minded coach whose defense was not that good?

What?

dogfish
01-03-2017, 02:46 PM

does he have the clout to bring in a highly regarded, established OC?

the push back comes from the fact that we have a monster defense, and a total dumpster fire on offense. . . joseph has zero credentials there, and i think a lot of us fear that he'd be the next rex ryan, todd bowles, lovie smith, whoever-- a defensive guy who has no clue on offense, and won't bring an offensive staff that is capable of developing a quarterback. . . i want us to keep following the seattle model of dominant defense with an efficient, complimentary offense. . . i'm over inherently conservative defensive coaches who insist on vanilla, risk-free offenses. . .

plus i can't stand the thought of another mcdaniels situation. . . if they hire a defensive guy, they better be god damn well sure that he's smart enough to work with what's already in place-- not trade away half our talent for different guys that fit his scheme better, while the offense continues to die on the vine. . . that's an utter worst-case scenario, but i can't help being nervous after the last time. . . the only sane course is to bring in a staff who will lean on the defense as currently built while developing one or both of our young QBs. . . IMO, the best way to do that is by finding a young offensive mind who's willing to come in and bring along lynch or siemian, while keeping the D largely intact. . . joseph is a complete unknown, beyond the vague "highly regarded in league circles" comments. . . maybe he's the next belichick, i have no idea. . . i am highly content to let somebody else find out, though. . .

DenBronx
01-03-2017, 02:47 PM
do not want!

That was before hiring Wade and then going on to win a SB with him.

Why wouldn't we want to keep that going? And Vance doesn't fit our scheme. I couldn't imagine him and Wade coexisting on the same team with two totally different defensive mindsets.

All we need right now is a shot in the arm on offense and that includes coaching.

dogfish
01-03-2017, 02:47 PM

not at all. . . i'd be just as happy with harbaugh as a long shot, or somebody like jim bob cooter, darrell bevel or rod chudzinski. . . just not a fan of bringing in a DC who has like one year's experience, and no skins on the wall. . .

LawDog
01-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Let's play a little hypothetical game of what if.

Elway hires Vance Joseph as HC.

Vance resigns Wade Phillips as DC and maintains the rest of the defensive coaching staff.

Vance lets Rick Dennison go.

Who are potential OCs?

Assume we keep Greg Knapp as QBC and Studesville at RBC, but part ways with Barone.

Who are potential line coaches, WR coaches, etc.

I doubt Vance retains DeCamillis as STC, who is the replacement there?

Actually, I think this is the same exact situation that happens if Kyle Shanahan is the next HC.

Anyhow, please discuss.

Buff
01-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Vance resigns Wade Phillips as DC and maintains the rest of the defensive coaching staff.

Who are potential OCs?

Assume we keep Greg Knapp as QBC and Studesville at RBC, but part ways with Barone.

Actually, I think this is the same exact situation that happens if Kyle Shanahan is the next HC.

Anyhow, please discuss.

I think a more interesting question than speculating about potential assistant coaches is digging deeper into Joseph's performance in Miami... How did the players like him? What does Adam Gase think of him? Why did they under-perform this year? Gase would have been my top choice if he didn't get scooped up by Miami last year - I think he's going to be there for years to come, so I'd put a lot of stock in his evaluation of Joseph. What is the case for Joseph as a HC? I haven't heard a compelling one other than he is well respected in coaching/league circles.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Who are potential OCs?

Anyhow, please discuss.

Uhhhh, so he would just be sort of a figure head and have no real say about anything, since he would not have any real influence on offense, cause he is not an offensive guy, and he is not a 3-4 one gap guy that Philips is?

Send in the Bobs.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/2/005/075/393/2f779c8.jpg

Nomad
01-03-2017, 03:14 PM
not at all. . . i'd be just as happy with harbaugh as a long shot, or somebody like jim bob cooter, darrell bevel or rod chudzinski. . . just not a fan of bringing in a DC who has like one year's experience, and no skins on the wall. . .

I'm not advocating for Joseph, but I'm not advocating for Shanahan either. They're both huge question marks, and the BRONCOS have already been burned by first term HC. BRONCOS need a HC to run the team, and rely on their coordinators & assistants. So, I can't dismiss Joseph can be a successful HC simply on his success as DC. And I can't simply annoint Shanahan because he's a successful OC. As Schlereth said, BRONCOS success have come from HC's who didn't fair well from their first HC gigs.

BTW.....I believe Wade is retained regardless who comes in.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm not advocating for Joseph, but I'm not advocating for Shanahan either. They're both huge question marks, and the BRONCOS have already been burned by first term HC. BRONCOS need a HC to run the team, and rely on their coordinators & assistants. So, I can't dismiss Joseph can be a successful HC simply on his success as DC. And I can't simply annoint Shanahan because he's a successful OC. As Schlereth said, BRONCOS success have come from HC's who didn't fair well from their first HC gigs.

BTW.....I believe Wade is retained regardless who comes in.

The thing is if they keep Philips, there is no logic in hiring Vance Joseph.

I am trying to find the logic behind it. I have not seen anything

MOtorboat
01-03-2017, 03:22 PM
The thing is if they keep Philips, there is no logic in hiring Vance Joseph.

I am trying to find the logic behind it. I have not seen anything

Because a good coach knows who a good coordinator is regardless of scheme? The best coaches have run multiple schemes and coached under multiple schemes. Joseph has, and if he's a successful guy he'll get a coordinator who will use the talent.

There's something to be said about a guy who has oversight over the entire team and lets his coordinators scheme and gameplan.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Because a good coach knows who a good coordinator is regardless of scheme? The best coaches have run multiple schemes and coached under multiple schemes. Joseph has, and if he's a successful guy he'll get a coordinator who will use the talent.

There's something to be said about a guy who has oversight over the entire team and lets his coordinators scheme and gameplan.

Yeah, but that is usually an established coach like a tom Coughlin. Not a guy who has no head coaching experience at any level.

Right?

Just not sure what his role, other than a cheerleader he would be.

Again, usually a coach has to have ethos or established credibility to operate in a role that you are suggesting.

Who knows.

Nomad
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm sure Elway is having sleepless nights, because I believe this is his biggest decision since being in the BRONCOS front office. Gambling on a first year HC is not easy.

MOtorboat
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Yeah, but that is usually an established coach like a tom Coughlin. Not a guy who has no head coaching experience at any level.

Right?

Just not sure what his role, other than a cheerleader he would be.

Again, usually a coach has to have ethos or established credibility to operate in a role that you are suggesting.

Who knows.

No. That's what a good head coach does, regardless of age.

underrated29
01-03-2017, 03:38 PM
That was before hiring Wade and then going on to win a SB with him.

Why wouldn't we want to keep that going? And Vance doesn't fit our scheme. I couldn't imagine him and Wade coexisting on the same team with two totally different defensive mindsets.

All we need right now is a shot in the arm on offense and that includes coaching.

Vance was under wade...the protege. They easily would co exist.

underrated29
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Im sure its going to be vance and I hope he likes or runs the 2 TE offense. That imo is the future of the league for offense right now. Defenses are not built to stop it.

As for the new HC- ive heard on several occasions from different people (either they have the same source or this can be taken to the bank) that Elway is more or less insistent that the new HC is pro lynch or at least pro lynch enough that they will do what they can to develop him and make him a star. If he fails, then he just sucks, but it has been insisted that Lynch gets every and all opportunities to be that guy.

back to Vance I do not think he will mess with the D and I am pretty sure it will be him.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 03:44 PM
No. That's what a good head coach does, regardless of age.

How do you know he is a good head coach?

The point is no one does.

The role you are suggesting usually goes to a guy who is established.

I do find what you are saying intriguing. Maybe I am being a bit old school and seeing it like terry Bradshaw sees Tomlin.

Perhaps you are right.

Slick
01-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Im sure its going to be vance and I hope he likes or runs the 2 TE offense. That imo is the future of the league for offense right now. Defenses are not built to stop it.

As for the new HC- ive heard on several occasions from different people (either they have the same source or this can be taken to the bank) that Elway is more or less insistent that the new HC is pro lynch or at least pro lynch enough that they will do what they can to develop him and make him a star. If he fails, then he just sucks, but it has been insisted that Lynch gets every and all opportunities to be that guy.

back to Vance I do not think he will mess with the D and I am pretty sure it will be him.

I wondered during the year how Elway felt about Gary choosing to stick with Siemian the whole year. I think there might have been some friction there.

Nomad
01-03-2017, 03:52 PM
How do you know he is a good head coach?

The point is no one does.

The role you are suggesting usually goes to a guy who is established.

I do find what you are saying intriguing. Maybe I am being a bit old school and seeing it like terry Bradshaw sees Tomlin.

Perhaps you are right.

Not saying Joseph will be Tomlin, but Tomlin was a sort of unknown when hired in Pittsburgh. It's not like Tomlin brought back the purple people eaters to Minn as DC.

olathebroncofan
01-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Isnt wade on his way out next year or the year after? With VJ being a strong Def guy, maybe they thought process is to keep our strength once wade leaves. Hire a def guy as HC and find a really good OC to compliment him.

Nomad
01-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Isnt wade on his way out next year or the year after? With VJ being a strong Def guy, maybe they thought process is to keep our strength once wade leaves. Hire a def guy as HC and find a really good OC to compliment him.

Sounds reasonable.

Is it easier to find a great D or great OC? Not saying Joseph is great.

Broncoknight30
01-03-2017, 04:20 PM

What is it that you are specifically seeing that says he is a strong defensive guy?

Just curious.

dogfish
01-03-2017, 08:05 PM

not a bad thought. . . here's my issue, though-- "find a really good OC" sounds great, but it's not so easy. . . most of the really good ones are either locked down, or about to get better offers. . . aside from norv turner, anyone know any good OCs that are currently available? we can't make a parallel hire and steal someone like an alex van pelt, todd haley, kyle shanahan or whoever-- if you want someone like that, you have to hire them as HC. . . realistically, you're left with two options-- either hire a re-tread (like a mike mccoy, for example), or take a chance on a bright up-and-comer who's currently a QB or WR coach on someone else's staff. . . and if they do come in and kick ass, then inevitably some crap franchise comes along and signs them away from you in a year or two to be their head coach. . .

seriously, if we bring in a guy like mccoy and he turns the O around, we're likely going deep in the playoffs. . . how long you think he lasts after that? of course, there are worse problems to have. . . i just don't think it's ideal when we're in a position to add a long-term solution. . . IMO, we have a perfect situation with a fantastic DC who isn't even interested in leaving for another job. . . it just makes too much sense to keep him, and pair him with a dynamic young offensive coach. . . given his energy level and ability to connect with young players, i don't necessarily think he's eager to retire, either (look at lebeau still going strong). . . but if he is, all the more reason to bring in a guy in his prime, who's ready to get the offense going now. . . i want another shot at a ring while this defense is still at a championship level, and starting over with multiple first-timers just doesn't feel like the right way to go about that. . .

nope. . . i want a kyle shanahan, van pelt or jim bob cooter type of guy for HC, with wade's experience to lean on while he grows in the role. . . for my money, that's the best scenario for the franchise. . .

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2017, 10:58 PM
What if Vance Johnson is hired and Denver cannot get a good OC in? Are we the NYJets all over again?

Rick
01-03-2017, 11:13 PM
I never saw the hype in him 2 years ago either.

Honestly it reminds me a little of Dennis Allen, this young supposed hot shot DB coach that everyone says is the next big thing, for no apparent reason.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2017, 11:24 PM
I never saw the hype in him 2 years ago either.

Honestly it reminds me a little of Dennis Allen, this young supposed hot shot DB coach that everyone says is the next big thing, for no apparent reason.

First thing I thought of too.

We're the Denver Broncos. The organization spends money and does whatever it can to get the best players. The fanbase is a national foundation. We're coming off a recent SuperBowl win. The Broncos are undoubtedly Denver's sports team. we already have a stellar defense in place. We should have the pick of the best options, and some guy named Vance Johnson is emerging as one of the legitimate frontrunners? Things that make you go WTF?

JPPT1974
01-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Well per NFL.com he is being interviewed by four other teams, Broncos included.

underrated29
01-03-2017, 11:44 PM
not a bad thought. . . here's my issue, though-- "find a really good OC" sounds great, but it's not so easy. . . most of the really good ones are either locked down, or about to get better offers. . . aside from norv turner, anyone know any good OCs that are currently available? we can't make a parallel hire and steal someone like an alex van pelt, todd haley, kyle shanahan or whoever-- if you want someone like that, you have to hire them as HC. . . realistically, you're left with two options-- either hire a re-tread (like a mike mccoy, for example), or take a chance on a bright up-and-comer who's currently a QB or WR coach on someone else's staff. . . and if they do come in and kick ass, then inevitably some crap franchise comes along and signs them away from you in a year or two to be their head coach. . .

seriously, if we bring in a guy like mccoy and he turns the O around, we're likely going deep in the playoffs. . . how long you think he lasts after that? of course, there are worse problems to have. . . i just don't think it's ideal when we're in a position to add a long-term solution. . . IMO, we have a perfect situation with a fantastic DC who isn't even interested in leaving for another job. . . it just makes too much sense to keep him, and pair him with a dynamic young offensive coach. . . given his energy level and ability to connect with young players, i don't necessarily think he's eager to retire, either (look at lebeau still going strong). . . but if he is, all the more reason to bring in a guy in his prime, who's ready to get the offense going now. . . i want another shot at a ring while this defense is still at a championship level, and starting over with multiple first-timers just doesn't feel like the right way to go about that. . .

nope. . . i want a kyle shanahan, van pelt or jim bob cooter type of guy for HC, with wade's experience to lean on while he grows in the role. . . for my money, that's the best scenario for the franchise. . .

Don't you ever dare mention mike McCoy as an OC here again!!! People get their asses kicked for saying shit like that

dogfish
01-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Don't you ever dare mention mike McCoy as an OC here again!!! People get their asses kicked for saying shit like that

settle down, beavis. . . it was just an example-- for the purpose of this discussion, feel free to insert the name of whichever re-tread you prefer. . .

dogfish
01-04-2017, 12:06 AM
What if Vance Johnson is hired and Denver cannot get a good OC in? Are we the NYJets all over again?

that's what i'm concerned about. . . maybe joseph is really well-connected and savvy, and he'd make a great choice at OC-- there's no way to know. . . but if we bring him in and he doesn't, we could be in a world of hurt. . . gary HAS been a very effective OC on any number of occasions, and he couldn't drive this clown car anymore. . . if we bring in some "usual suspects" guy, or a kid in his first stint in the top chair, it could get ugly if they aren't accompanied by some studly offensive talent in free agency. . . i'd feel more comfortable with kyle shenanigans-- at least i know he can call an offense, and coach up a quarterback. . . and i'm confident he'd keep wade. . .

underrated29
01-04-2017, 12:10 AM
settle down, beavis. . . it was just an example-- for the purpose of this discussion, feel free to insert the name of whichever re-tread you prefer. . .

He is like Voldemort, Nate jones, they get stronger and stay around longer when you mention their name.......any retread is better than McCoy. I'd rather mcdaniels OC over McCoy. Peyton manning.....actually he'd be good probably. Anyone of mm...........quite literally anyone. I still maintain I can call a game better than McCoy. Now it's late and I'm all ruled about about that suck ass coming back here.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Elway told you why he's considering Vance Joseph in Kubiak's presser.

Joseph coached for Phillips and I believe he prefers a 3-4.

Tomlin has been mentioned but John Harbaugh never coordinator-ed anything.

The Phins scoring D ranked 18th if that helps.

dogfish
01-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Now it's late and I'm all [riled up] about about that suck ass coming back here.

:hahaha:

"mike mccoy, mike mccoy, mike mccoy!"

Poet
01-04-2017, 12:57 AM
If I could get anyone, I'd get Sean Payton. My second and more likely choice is Kyle Shanahan. If he comes here, though, he's going to be compared to his dad and I don't know if that's a motivator or a negative in his eyes.

Valar Morghulis
01-04-2017, 12:57 AM
:hahaha: "mike mccoy, mike mccoy, mike mccoy!"

I don't get the hate for mccoy as an OC.

The job he did with Tebow, manning and rivers suggest he can adapt, game plan and that he lets the players dictate his scheme.

Poet
01-04-2017, 01:01 AM

The job he did with Tebow, manning and rivers suggest he can adapt, game plan and that he lets the players dictate his scheme.

He worked wonders with Rivers. Those gameplans were nothing like the shit we had with/under Tebow. He strikes me as a guy who schemes for his team's talent and not just blindly following a system.

Is it an inspiring hire? Nope. Would it be awful? Nope.

Valar Morghulis
01-04-2017, 01:40 AM
Is it an inspiring hire? Nope. Would it be awful? Nope.

Exactly this.

Same with Wisenhunt as an OC. Not everyone is bit out to be a HC, doesn't mean they are not talented coordinators. I call Wade Phillips to the stand.

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2017, 02:01 AM
If Johnson is hired, McCoy would likely be the best possible option at OC.

Broncoknight30
01-04-2017, 05:23 AM
Alright, many of you have convinced me that vance Joseph may not be such a bad hire.

Of course I have not seen anything as fast as empirical evidence that illustrates him being head coach material.

He must have a dynamic presence and good interviewing skills. Which is something. Not sure what, but it is something. My main concern with him is him coming in and influencing the defense. He IS a defensive guy. He will have say in it. His record as a DC...is not impressive. ONE season being in charge.

But, some have shown me he could fit, especially with Philips.

I would still prefer Shanahan. I trust his offensive mind with Lynch.

underrated29
01-04-2017, 11:51 AM

He sucks. Flat out sucks. SUcks balls!!!!
People see tebow as such a bad QB that they think Mccoy was a fvcking miracle worker. No, mccoy just ran on first down, second down, third down. Then once in a blue moon he would call a pass. Mccoy sucks so much balls. The least imaginitive OC ever. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the the DT pass against the steelers in OT? Mccoy said he came up with that idea after the 4th before OT....I was screaming for a PA pass on that play since the first Quarter because it was wide open. THe whole game it was wide open. We ran the same formation all game and the steel shut it down all game and Troy Palamaulbeast cheated up each time on the play. I had like 30 posts saying we need to pa pass out of that and itll go for big yards. Me. Amateur on the couch. Mcsuck- paid professional took 4 quarters to realize it.

He sucks too. Uses the same formations over and over and same play out of that formation. easy to defend. He also ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ever calls plays to the outside. Nothing ever over the middle. Ever. The Dbs always sit on the routes, make it so easy to defend. He is the worst. He also never calls quick slants, comebacks, or screens.

HE ALSO ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS CALLS THAT STUPID BUBBLE SCREEN ON 2ND AND 7 OR 8 OR 3RD AND 5 OR 6. Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many gawd damn times did we see the stupid ass bubble screens for nothing? 7 times? in a quarter!???? He is the worst OC we've ever had. Hands down.

silkamilkamonico
01-04-2017, 02:00 PM
People see tebow as such a bad QB that they think Mccoy was a fvcking miracle worker. No, mccoy just ran on first down, second down, third down. Then once in a blue moon he would call a pass. Mccoy sucks so much balls. The least imaginitive OC ever. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the the DT pass against the steelers in OT? Mccoy said he came up with that idea after the 4th before OT....I was screaming for a PA pass on that play since the first Quarter because it was wide open. THe whole game it was wide open. We ran the same formation all game and the steel shut it down all game and Troy Palamaulbeast cheated up each time on the play. I had like 30 posts saying we need to pa pass out of that and itll go for big yards. Me. Amateur on the couch. Mcsuck- paid professional took 4 quarters to realize it.

He sucks too. Uses the same formations over and over and same play out of that formation. easy to defend. He also ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ever calls plays to the outside. Nothing ever over the middle. Ever. The Dbs always sit on the routes, make it so easy to defend. He is the worst. He also never calls quick slants, comebacks, or screens.

HE ALSO ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS CALLS THAT STUPID BUBBLE SCREEN ON 2ND AND 7 OR 8 OR 3RD AND 5 OR 6. Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many gawd damn times did we see the stupid ass bubble screens for nothing? 7 times? in a quarter!???? He is the worst OC we've ever had. Hands down.

If VJ is hired via the Good 'ol boy network, who is his best option at OC?

dogfish
01-04-2017, 02:48 PM

stop holding back-- tell us how you really feel. . .

underrated29
01-04-2017, 04:55 PM
If VJ is hired via the Good 'ol boy network, who is his best option at OC?

That I dont know because I dont know a lot of the OCs out there and have not watched them like I do the broncos. I dont even have a suggestion. What I do know is I have watched and bitched about mike for 3-4 years and told everyone at the time he sucked. He sucked with San diego too. Ill be on suicide watch if he comes back.

underrated29
01-04-2017, 04:57 PM

I would be banned and likely thrown in jail. I cannot express how I really feel

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2017, 05:25 PM
I would be banned and likely thrown in jail. I cannot express how I really feel

Could you please wait to get banned until you have the opportunity to share with us how you handle a few days in jail?

underrated29
01-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Could you please wait to get banned until you have the opportunity to share with us how you handle a few days in jail?

Like a fvckin boss

gregbroncs
01-04-2017, 05:59 PM
does he have the clout to bring in a highly regarded, established OC?

the push back comes from the fact that we have a monster defense, and a total dumpster fire on offense. . . joseph has zero credentials there, and i think a lot of us fear that he'd be the next rex ryan, todd bowles, lovie smith, whoever-- a defensive guy who has no clue on offense, and won't bring an offensive staff that is capable of developing a quarterback. . . i want us to keep following the seattle model of dominant defense with an efficient, complimentary offense. . . i'm over inherently conservative defensive coaches who insist on vanilla, risk-free offenses. . .

plus i can't stand the thought of another mcdaniels situation. . . if they hire a defensive guy, they better be god damn well sure that he's smart enough to work with what's already in place-- not trade away half our talent for different guys that fit his scheme better, while the offense continues to die on the vine. . . that's an utter worst-case scenario, but i can't help being nervous after the last time. . . the only sane course is to bring in a staff who will lean on the defense as currently built while developing one or both of our young QBs. . . IMO, the best way to do that is by finding a young offensive mind who's willing to come in and bring along lynch or siemian, while keeping the D largely intact. . . joseph is a complete unknown, beyond the vague "highly regarded in league circles" comments. . . maybe he's the next belichick, i have no idea. . . i am highly content to let somebody else find out, though. . .I agree with most of what you are saying. But when McDaniels was hired he had control of the Personnel. Whomever comes in this time will not.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Like a fvckin boss

With a Slavakian accent no less; wow!

Hawgdriver
01-04-2017, 06:40 PM

I don't know if I'm ready for that.

Poet
01-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Tebow was so awful at the game he had to call a simple game for the guy

In San Diego his teams had a diverse attack and produced when they were missing all kinds of starters. I don't know if he was the OC there, or the playcaller there, but if he was it suggests to me that he has gotten better at those duties and is good at gameplanning.

Hawgdriver
01-04-2017, 06:43 PM
I hope the first play of 2017 is a bubble screen, and I hope I am around UR for the reaction. And I hope DT takes it to the house.

Hawgdriver
01-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Kingus, I notice that thy hi-fiveth me.

Is it owed to my crafted rhetoric, or the raw wit? Pray thee... I used "I hope" three times, and I understand this technique ofttimes useful. But perhaps it is the mental imagery that I conjure. I know you will have a keen eye. Best wishes, and do write soon.

Yours,

Hawgston

Poet
01-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Kingus, I notice that thy hi-fiveth me.

Is it owed to my crafted rhetoric, or the raw wit? Pray thee... I used "I hope" three times, and I understand this technique ofttimes useful. But perhaps it is the mental imagery that I conjure. I know you will have a keen eye. Best wishes, and do write soon.

Yours,

Hawgston

Hawgston,

I doth hi-fiveth thee upon the most regular of occurrences. In particular, this fiveth-of-hi was sent from me to you for all of your aforementioned potentialities.

Best wishes,

Von Kingerly Kingerton Kingeth

underrated29
01-04-2017, 07:09 PM
I hope the first play of 2017 is a bubble screen, and I hope I am around UR for the reaction. And I hope DT takes it to the house.

If mccoy is our OC I may not survive for you to see that. If I am and you are in the room you may have puppies aflame kicked your direction! If DT takes it to the house you can be sure we will call that play 9 more times that quarter and all will be loss of yardage, fumble or intercepted, which will then result in puppies aflame headed your direction. Dont wear wool that day!

underrated29
01-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Oh, I missed the memo about the tps reports.

Ye shall not ridith thy dt horse to ye promise land. Miketh Mcsucketh hath not.....oh **** it. Im upset again now.

F Mike Mccoy as OC

Broncoknight30
01-04-2017, 07:56 PM
If mccoy is our OC I may not survive for you to see that. If I am and you are in the room you may have puppies aflame kicked your direction! If DT takes it to the house you can be sure we will call that play 9 more times that quarter and all will be loss of yardage, fumble or intercepted, which will then result in puppies aflame headed your direction. Dont wear wool that day!

Who do you think would be the best OC? I do not think he is all that bad. He is better than Dennison imo.

BroncoBuckeye73
01-04-2017, 08:20 PM
I am in the OC vote gere against Joseph as I really think we need a revamp on offense with new eye. Cooter is the one I personally would get an interview with after watching what he has done with Stafford over the last 1 1/2 seasons. The wild card is the SP coach from K.C. Troub, I read an article on him on either CBS or NFL but the players there just gush about him and his abiliy to get the most out of them. That intrigues me as it seems that our HC should motivate his players to run through a burning brick wall then through a pool of lava for him.

dogfish
01-04-2017, 08:41 PM
dave toub is a beast. . . i really wanted us to go after him last time. . . i'll take his proven excellence over the unknown of joseph all day, err day. . .

underrated29
01-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Who do you think would be the best OC? I do not think he is all that bad. He is better than Dennison imo.

That I don't know. Haven't watched enough closely enough to know. I have watched McCoy though and he is not the answer.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2017, 11:21 PM
I like the idea of Wisenhunt as OC and McCoy as QB coach, or just Wisenhunt as OC, but I don't mind McCoy as OC.

underrated29
01-04-2017, 11:29 PM

In San Diego his teams had a diverse attack and produced when they were missing all kinds of starters. I don't know if he was the OC there, or the playcaller there, but if he was it suggests to me that he has gotten better at those duties and is good at gameplanning.

Calling it simple does not make him worthy. Running it 30+ times a game and passing it TWICE is not simple. It's not effective. It's not good.

He did not call the plays there. They were missing Keenan Allen on offense. The lost wood head this year mid way thru. They've had issues on OL and a ton on defense...on offense they have not missed major players for a lot of time, Allen aside.

He sucks. Sucks so bad. I have thread after thread about him from it. He sucked as a hc, a position i thought he'd be better than OC....which he was, but still not good enough.

underrated29
01-04-2017, 11:30 PM
I like the idea of Wisenhunt as OC and McCoy as QB coach, or just Wisenhunt as OC.

Now that is perfect

Cugel
01-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Well, all the reports are that Denver is Vance Joseph's #1 preferred destination. He's interviewing several teams though, and will very probably have a HC job somewhere soon, if not in Denver.

SO, it's Joseph #1 for Elway, and Kyle Shanahan #2. I don't know if there really is a #3. Sort of a "break glass in case of emergency when top 2 candidates turn you down" situation.

Oh, and Mike McCoy is reportedly coming back to be OC. Don't give me any crap that he's worse than Rick Dennison, cause that shit won't fly. Nobody is worse than Rick Dennison.

You're not going to get a top flight OC because such coaches either become Head Coaches or else they are locked up under contract somewhere and can't move to a lateral job like OC somewhere else.

So, it's usually reduced to picking through the pile of recently fired Head Coaches who were previously OCs. And Mike McCoy is at the head of that list.

As long as Wade stays I won't mind Joseph coming here. Reportedly, the plan is to keep virtually the entire defensive staff and get rid of virtually the entire offensive staff.

But, unless you hire a re-tread who's just failed as head coach, the only way you get a really top flight coordinator is to promote one from within. And the Broncos certainly don't have any great offensive assistant coaches. In fact, most of them are getting fired quite soon.

Simple Jaded
01-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Now that is perfect

Word!

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 08:48 AM

I have a theory about Tebow, and I know it is not popular among many fans. I thought Tebow was overly tinkered with. The prognosticators all fully convinced him that his throwing motion was so gaawwwd awful that he needed to break it entirely down and build it back up. I predicted that would crush him. I said you overly tinker with shit like that at this level and that is all he going to think about. As a result, what we saw was a total disaster.

What we actually saw and what confused the entire football know it all world with Tebow was how badly the tinkering messed him up AND how dynamic of a play maker he can be when we was NOT THINKING and just playing. In those games and during that streak he went on, he all of sudden stopped thinking and he just made plays. It was a complete dichotomy. It did not convince those that thought he was just a shit QB that he could be a good one, and it showed his fans that he is a play maker.

Trust me. Tebow at the highest levels showed that he was one of the biggest play makers ever. Ironically, he broke the UF record for completion % of passes over 20 yards. He had no problem with accuracy in college or in high school. No, his WRs or TEs did not just bail him out every time. He threw on a dime.

However, once he entered into the pros, all he had were handlers convincing him that his motion would not work. I happen to think if people just stopped messing with him and if he was not thinking so much and a spread read option type of offense was designed, he could have been successful.

Then there was the HYPE that he created. Funny, how he found himself for a season in NY (biggest commercial city in the world) where he just so happened to sell more jerseys and did not even play. You do not think the owners who share in merchandise sold saw that? Do you?

Anyway, that is my theory.

Davii
01-05-2017, 09:15 AM
I have a theory about Tebow, and I know it is not popular among many fans. I thought Tebow was overly tinkered with. The prognosticators all fully convinced him that his throwing motion was so gaawwwd awful that he needed to break it entirely down and build it back up. I predicted that would crush him. I said you overly tinker with shit like that at this level and that is all he going to think about. As a result, what we saw was a total disaster.

What we actually saw and what confused the entire football know it all world with Tebow was how badly the tinkering messed him up AND how dynamic of a play maker he can be when we was NOT THINKING and just playing. In those games and during that streak he went on, he all of sudden stopped thinking and he just made plays. It was a complete dichotomy. It did not convince those that thought he was just a shit QB that he could be a good one, and it showed his fans that he is a play maker.

Trust me. Tebow at the highest levels showed that he was one of the biggest play makers ever. Ironically, he broke the UF record for completion % of passes over 20 yards. He had no problem with accuracy in college or in high school. No, his WRs or TEs did not just bail him out every time. He threw on a dime.

However, once he entered into the pros, all he had were handlers convincing him that his motion would not work. I happen to think if people just stopped messing with him and if he was not thinking so much and a spread read option type of offense was designed, he could have been successful.

Then there was the HYPE that he created. Funny, how he found himself for a season in NY (biggest commercial city in the world) where he just so happened to sell more jerseys and did not even play. You do not think the owners who share in merchandise sold saw that? Do you?

Accuracy in high school or college isn't equivalent to accuracy in the pros.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Accuracy in high school or college isn't equivalent to accuracy in the pros.

I know, however when it goes from hitting targets on a consistent level to not being to hit water from a boat, then there is simply more to it. He threw (at the SEC level mind you) very accurately at UF. I know it is not the pros, but lets face it. Is there anything you saw in his throws at the pro level that would lead you to believe he completed nearly 70% of passes over 20 yards?

The point is he was overly tinkered with and it ruined him. We have seen the mental side of sports in other sports. Knoblauch forgetting how to throw to first base. Mark Wholers all of a sudden can't throw over the plate. David Duval in golf going from number 1 in the world to not making any cuts. Happens.

Again, my theory. Also, it seems my theory also fits with many. The dismissal (total dismissal) of the plays he actually made and the focus on his ineptitude and only that ineptitude. For many he simply sucked and whatever he did at the SEC level was either a mirage or does not count in any way.

Northman
01-05-2017, 09:42 AM

The problem with your post here is that there are a lot of QB's who did very well in college and yet failed at the pro level. Even for the QB's who are considered "pro" ready end up failing for one reason or the other. People want to point to college all the time but the level of talent is far different at the pro level. Most of the players that Tebow played against never make/made it to the NFL. The fact that not only Denver couldnt find a place for him but that NY, NE, and Philly couldnt either. And i dont think its everyone else's fault that one player couldnt seem to make it work on 4 different teams. So yea, i cant agree with your assessment here.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 09:50 AM
The problem with your post here is that there are a lot of QB's who did very well in college and yet failed at the pro level. Even for the QB's who are considered "pro" ready end up failing for one reason or the other. People want to point to college all the time but the level of talent is far different at the pro level. Most of the players that Tebow played against never make/made it to the NFL. The fact that not only Denver could find a place for him but that NY, NE, and Philly couldnt either. And i dont think its everyone else's fault that one player couldnt seem to make it work on 4 different teams. So yea, i cant agree with your assessment here.

Oh I understand that. Most of the QBs that failed, there are actual reasons. Most of the time it is because they simply cannot read defenses at the pro level, OR they are put in a system that does not fit their talent. Many QBs for example from the Big XII are fools gold. I challenge you to name the last QB from that conference that made it in the NFL. Please dont say Bradford. Anyway, they put up the best stats and the same prognosticators fall in love with that. Along with their THROWING motions etc.

WIth Tebow it was different. Again, the dichotomy is the issue. Many, like I said, simply ignore what he did do. Throw ALL of that out and say that either did not happen, or he was lucky. Just throwing the bath out with the bathwater. I know there was a lot of confusion as to how he could play 55 minutes like shit and all of a sudden turn into superman for 5 minutes. Many could not make heads or tails of it.

Again, my theory about him getting into those situations where he stopped thinking and he just became a play maker. I know for many, me saying he was a play maker is like me saying I like kicking puppies. It is that offensive and almost political in nature.

He made plays and there were reasons. I am just making sense of what happened. It did happen too. It is not that it did not happen and it was an illusion. It happened, and there are reasons.

I truly believe he was in NY for marketing with the owners. Maybe a bit conspiracy theory, but that is what it was to me. Owners do that too. Dont think they don't. In Philly, it was a bit ironic that he actually performed the best of all the QBs and he was cut. Not before he sold a bunch of jerseys though. You can look at up too. That year with Kelly in preseason, he out performed all of the QBs. I know, does not count.

By then it was a joke and a circus. The hype and all of that was not worth it.

Northman
01-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Oh I understand that. Most of the QBs that failed, there are actual reasons. Most of the time it is because they simply cannot read defenses at the pro level, OR they are put in a system that does not fit their talent. Many QBs for example from the Big XII are fools gold. I challenge you to name the last QB from that conference that made it in the NFL. Please dont say Bradford. Anyway, they put up the best stats and the same prognosticators fall in love with that. Along with their THROWING motions etc.

WIth Tebow it was different. Again, the dichotomy is the issue. Many, like I said, simply ignore what he did do. Throw ALL of that out and say that either did not happen, or he was lucky. Just throwing the bath out with the bathwater. I know there was a lot of confusion as to how he could play 55 minutes like shit and all of a sudden turn into superman for 5 minutes. Many could not make heads or tails of it.

Again, my theory about him getting into those situations where he stopped thinking and he just became a play maker. I know for many, me saying he was a play maker is like me saying I like kicking puppies. It is that offensive and almost political in nature.

He made plays and there were reasons. I am just making sense of what happened. It did happen too. It is not that it did not happen and it was an illusion. It happened, and there are reasons.

I truly believe he was in NY for marketing with the owners. Maybe a bit conspiracy theory, but that is what it was to me. Owners do that too. Dont think they don't. In Philly, it was a bit ironic that he actually performed the best of all the QBs and he was cut. Not before he sold a bunch of jerseys though. You can look at up too. That year with Kelly in preseason, he out performed all of the QBs. I know, does not count.

By then it was a joke and a circus. The hype and all of that was not worth it.

Well again, there are QB's who never became great or even solid starters who have won a handful of games or had good years. A good example of this is Derek Anderson. He had one great year in Cleveland and for a fleeting moment the Browns thought they had their QB of the future. But, after that great year he regressed and now is just a backup.

I dont think people forget the good things that Tebow did, in fact many admit it was a fun season to watch. But, people also saw the many flaws he had which was backed up by 4 different coaching staffs. I just cant agree that there was this conspiracy to take down Tebow. If guys like Elway tried to teach him better mechanics than im not sure how anyone can view that as a negative thing. The way i look at is like this, had Tebow been able to go to another team and succeed than there might be some merit to your theory. But the fact that 3 other coaching staffs could not find any kind of use for him only tells me that Denver was correct in letting him go when they did. By the time Tim got to Philly the hype was dead and Chip Kelly was really the kind of coach that could of used him best but instead passed. That speaks volumes to me in terms of Tebow's viablity to succeed in the pros. Even QB's who dont ultimately make it have made plays and had great moments but it does not mean they are actually great QB's. In the NFL its all about consistency and unfortunately for Tebow he didnt have that. The great things that Tebow did didnt get ignored but they were overshadowed by his weaknesses.

Freyaka
01-05-2017, 10:22 AM
The problem with your post here is that there are a lot of QB's who did very well in college and yet failed at the pro level. Even for the QB's who are considered "pro" ready end up failing for one reason or the other. People want to point to college all the time but the level of talent is far different at the pro level. Most of the players that Tebow played against never make/made it to the NFL. The fact that not only Denver couldnt find a place for him but that NY, NE, and Philly couldnt either. And i dont think its everyone else's fault that one player couldnt seem to make it work on 4 different teams. So yea, i cant agree with your assessment here.

Yup....Call a spade a spade...If you suck on 4 different teams, chances are it's you, not them.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Well again, there are QB's who never became great or even solid starters who have won a handful of games or had good years. A good example of this is Derek Anderson. He had one great year in Cleveland and for a fleeting moment the Browns thought they had their QB of the future. But, after that great year he regressed and now is just a backup.

I dont think people forget the good things that Tebow did, in fact many admit it was a fun season to watch. But, people also saw the many flaws he had which was backed up by 4 different coaching staffs. I just cant agree that there was this conspiracy to take down Tebow. If guys like Elway tried to teach him better mechanics than im not sure how anyone can view that as a negative thing. The way i look at is like this, had Tebow been able to go to another team and succeed than there might be some merit to your theory. But the fact that 3 other coaching staffs could not find any kind of use for him only tells me that Denver was correct in letting him go when they did. By the time Tim got to Philly the hype was dead and Chip Kelly was really the kind of coach that could of used him best but instead passed. That speaks volumes to me in terms of Tebow's viablity to succeed in the pros. Even QB's who dont ultimately make it have made plays and had great moments but it does not mean they are actually great QB's. In the NFL its all about consistency and unfortunately for Tebow he didnt have that. The great things that Tebow did didnt get ignored but they were overshadowed by his weaknesses.

Not to necessarily to take down Tebow. Do not misunderstand me. I do think Elway was in the Luck sweepstakes though in that 2011 year. Starting out 1-4 and the season looking dead. Elway clearly and I mean clearly wanted Luck. I do think he wanted to SHUT certain Broncos fans up when they were chanting for Tebow. I do believe he said ok, you want Tebow, well here he is!! I do believe that. Cant prove it, but I do believe he was hoping for that first pick and to shut those Broncos fans up.

Then something strange happened. Not for nothing, but that year was strange in other ways too. Remember that was the year of the lock out. Where there were no minicamps. No offseason working with players. If you recall, the end of 2010 Tebow showed a bit of promise in those last games. He did ok. A few games there he looked good.

Then the lock out. A new coach. A new system. He could not work with any of the players. No one could. He goes to some "guru" to help him with his throwing motion. I told people on another board he is going to be ruined. Then when he got into training camp, he never worked with the starters. He has this "new throwing motion." Trust me, when QBs get to this level, they are not thinking about their throwing motion. It is more about their footwork and reading defenses. If you are thinking about throwing motion, you are dead. At least imo. I was a scout for UGA for 5 years in the 2000s. You can see who has the zip and who does not. I mainly scouted in Florida (especially South Florida) and you can tell. It is mainly about looking at foot speed though..which is something that immediately translates to the next level.

Anyway, I have seen many athletes get ruined by coaches or parents who overly mess with players. Mainly by over zealous parents. Once a player's confidence or psyche is damaged, it is very very difficult to get it back. Way beyond my pay grade to deal with. Confidence and psychological aspects on sports is a real delicate and real issue. We have seen it play out in the pros (the ones I mentioned) and that is the mere tip of the iceberg.

Trust me when I tell you. Tebow was one of the most complex issues, yet the most predictable. At least for me it was. When his throwing motion was being overly scrutinized I was saying he is most likely going to be ruined.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2017, 10:34 AM
I keep opening this thread expecting discussion about Joseph.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Yup....Call a spade a spade...If you suck on 4 different teams, chances are it's you, not them.

Again, he actually outperformed all of the QBs in the Eagles that year. You can look it up. Why was he cut? No one knew then nor now. With the Jets....

Let me just say I do believe he was used for marketing there. I know it seems like a conspiracy theory and all of that. He was foisted on that market and Rex Ryan. He cannot say anything due to gag rules. You can see how he was confused how to use him. Technically he was 5 for 5 in completions with them. What do you know? I think he was 3rd or something in jerseys sold. He was a major cash cow and trust that the owners saw that.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Yeah, that is done apparently. :confused:

Northman
01-05-2017, 10:42 AM

You are correct. My bad for taking it off topic. I will stop. lol

Freyaka
01-05-2017, 11:03 AM

You've been a poster here since 2011...You should know better than to think we can stay on topic. I've only been back a few months and even I can see this :D

Freyaka
01-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Again, he actually outperformed all of the QBs in the Eagles that year. You can look it up. Why was he cut? No one knew then nor now. With the Jets....

Let me just say I do believe he was used for marketing there. I know it seems like a conspiracy theory and all of that. He was foisted on that market and Rex Ryan. He cannot say anything due to gag rules. You can see how he was confused how to use him. Technically he was 5 for 5 in completions with them. What do you know? I think he was 3rd or something in jerseys sold. He was a major cash cow and trust that the owners saw that.

He was cut because he was wildly inconsistent and couldn't show anything in practice to save his life. His defenders always like to say "well ya, but he's not a practice player, he shines in game"

Practice doesn't take place for just one player. If your QB is completely inept in practice (and all reports were he was inept in practice throughout his career) That impacts more than just him. Wr's, RB's, O-line, TE's they all need to have effective practice to be effective. They can't all just be Tebow and screw up big time in practice but then make magic happen in the final five minutes of the game.

Anyways, enough Tebow. Unless Tebow changed his name to Vance Joseph, this thread isn't about him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2017, 11:18 AM
You've been a poster here since 2011...You should know better than to think we can stay on topic. I've only been back a few months and even I can see this :D
I know, it was a bit pretentious wasn't it?

shank
01-05-2017, 12:06 PM
tebow's ghost cannot be exorcised.

Valar Morghulis
01-05-2017, 12:46 PM
I like the idea of Wisenhunt as OC and McCoy as QB coach, or just Wisenhunt as OC, but I don't mind McCoy as OC.

Yeah but that would be a lateral

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Wasn't Ken Wisenhunt McCoy's OC in SD? I'd imagine that means he's out of a job too, unless they offer him the HC spot which I doubt. Frankly, I'd rather have Wisenhunt as our OC than McCoy. Wisenhunt is another of those not so great HCs but is a very good coordinator.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Yeah but that would be a lateral

Only if SD retains him. Typically if a HC is fired, most of his staff (though there are exceptions if the new HC or GM wants to keep a particular guy). Goes with him. I'm all about bringing in Wisenhunt as OC.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Only if SD retains him. Typically if a HC is fired, most of his staff (though there are exceptions if the new HC or GM wants to keep a particular guy). Goes with him. I'm all about bringing in Wisenhunt as OC.

Rapaport is reporting that Whisenhunt is in the same boat as Phillips.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Rapaport is reporting that Whisenhunt is in the same boat as Phillips.

What boat is that? Oh, that they may keep him and whoever (or is it whomever) they hire as HC will need to keep him on?

Imo, if they take on that disposition, they may have a difficult time hiring a reputable coach.

I mean the Chargers offense was ok. Not on par of what the Broncos defense is under Philips.

Valar Morghulis
01-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Nice.

Shannahan
Wisenhunt
Phillips

Superbowl 52

And a blow job from slick

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
What boat is that? Oh, that they may keep him and whoever (or is it whomever) they hire as HC will need to keep him on?

Imo, if they take on that disposition, they may have a difficult time hiring a reputable coach.

I mean the Chargers offense was ok. Not on par of what the Broncos defense is under Philips.

I'm just telling you what Rapaport reported. The Chargers want their new coach to keep Whisenhunt, but just like the Broncos it will be the coach's decision.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Nice.

Shannahan
Wisenhunt
Phillips

Superbowl 52

I don't think the Broncos will win a Super Bowl with Trevor Siemian at quarterback.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2017, 01:53 PM

If we'd have had the SD offense this year we'd be in the playoffs. They never seemed to have too much trouble scoring points. It was their defense that let them down late in games. They blew a ton of 4th quarter leads this season. Some were double digit leads.

Valar Morghulis
01-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't think the Broncos will win a Super Bowl with Trevor Siemian at quarterback.

If they do, you can suck me off too, deal?

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
If they do, you can suck me off too, deal?

Only if you return the favor.

Valar Morghulis
01-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Sound like a fair deal to me

Davii
01-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Win a Superbowl for Trevor Siemian? I don't really think that's within Dave's reach MO.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Win a Superbowl for Trevor Siemian? I don't really think that's within Dave's reach MO.

I know. Don't tell him. It will ruin his dreams.

chazoe60
01-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Ijust figured it all out. Hire Joseph as HC and Kyle as OC and keep Wade as DC. Perfect, why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Ijust figured it all out. Hire Joseph as HC and Kyle as OC and keep Wade as DC. Perfect, why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

The Falcons can block that.

dogfish
01-05-2017, 02:22 PM

bad joke?

chazoe60
01-05-2017, 02:27 PM
The Falcons can block that.

Jesus MO!

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Jesus MO!

Sorry.

Slick
01-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Nice.

Shannahan
Wisenhunt
Phillips

Superbowl 52

El o el!

BroncoJoe
01-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Shocking.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Shocking.

It is not a shocking prediction. True.

BroncoJoe
01-05-2017, 03:41 PM
It is not a shocking prediction. True.

No.

silkamilkamonico
01-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Who's Alex Marvez and is he credible? Saying Joseph will ditch Phillips and hire Joe Woods as DC.

slim
01-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Jesus MO!

MO is no Jesus!

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 05:28 PM
MO is no Jesus!

I know, I'm not even of Hispanic descent.

dogfish
01-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Who's Alex Marvez and is he credible? Saying Joseph will ditch Phillips and hire Joe Woods as DC.

well, this is getting more exciting by the minute. . .

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 05:29 PM
No one has even interviewed yet, correct?

slim
01-05-2017, 05:34 PM
No one has even interviewed yet, correct?

Correct.

People are stupid.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-05-2017, 06:00 PM

Marvez works for the sporting news and is a talking head on Sirius NFL Radio. I listen to him regularly. His bio says he's covered the Dolphins, Broncos, and Bengals. I guess his prediction is as valid as anyone's. We'll see. I really hope we don't lose Wade. Other than Von Miller, he's the team's defensive MVP and the reason we won SB 50.

Joe Woods is our current DB coach. Hopefully if what you say happens, Woods will keep our same system at least.

dogfish
01-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Correct.

People are stupid.

guess i should just shut up?

slim
01-05-2017, 06:03 PM
guess i should just shut up?

Not you, dummy.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Marvez works for the sporting news and is a talking head on Sirius NFL Radio. I listen to him regularly. His bio says he's covered the Dolphins, Broncos, and Bengals. I guess his prediction is as valid as anyone's. We'll see. I really hope we don't lose Wade. Other than Von Miller, he's the team's defensive MVP and the reason we won SB 50.

Joe Woods is our current DB coach. Hopefully if what you say happens, Woods will keep our same system at least.

Dear God please tell me this is fake news.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Dear God please tell me this is fake news.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2h

If/when Vance Joseph gets @Broncos HC job, @sn_nfl is told DBs coach Joe Woods would be promoted to DC replacing @sonofbum.

I also hope this is fake news. If NOT, I want Kyle, not Joseph.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:25 PM
What's wrong with Joe Woods? Or is this reaction a "he's not Phillips" reaction?

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 06:26 PM
What's wrong with Joe Woods? Or is this reaction a "he's not Phillips" reaction?

Holy shit

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Holy shit

Holy shit, what?

Joe Woods has coached the best secondary in the game the last two seasons. What the hell is wrong with him?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 06:29 PM

To me, Woods is an unknown at DC. Never done it before. Wade totally proved he still has it as a DC, and the Bronco defensive players love him. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

LawDog
01-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2h

If/when Vance Joseph gets @Broncos HC job, @sn_nfl is told DBs coach Joe Woods would be promoted to DC replacing @sonofbum.

I also hope this is fake news. If NOT, I want Kyle, not Joseph.

Would make more sense to ask JFE to sign Wade to a one-year extension and then go from there. Minimize the disruption and give the new guy some flexibility. Especially if it is just to promote Woods. Woods is still under contract so unless someone else is dying to sign him as a DC then there is no risk of losing him.

slim
01-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Holy shit, what?

Joe Woods has coached the best secondary in the game the last two seasons. What the hell is wrong with him?

Maybe there is nothing wrong with him. It's the unknown that scares folks.

Why make a change when the D is already rolling?

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Holy shit, what?

If Wade Philips is retiring, that is one thing. Have not heard a thing about that.

If he is not retiring, you think that would be prudent? To let go of wade freaking Philips for another unproven guy to take over the defense?

The other unproven guy being Vance Johnson with absolutely NO say in offense ever, whose only stint as DC garnered a 29th ranked defense with a talent filled Dolphins defense?

I am grinding my teeth again.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:37 PM
If Wade Philips is retiring, that is one thing. Have not heard a thing about that.

If he is not retiring, you think that would be prudent? To let go of wade freaking Philips for another unproven guy to take over the defense?

The other unproven guy being Vance Johnson with absolutely NO say in offense ever, whose only stint as DC garnered a 29th ranked defense with a talent filled Dolphins defense?

I am grinding my teeth again.

I don't know what to tell you, man. The next coach will choose his coaches. There are other good defensive coaches other than Wade Phillips. He's done an amazing job, but Kubiak has forced change, so there's going to be change. One of those changes might be that Wade Phillips won't be here.

slim
01-05-2017, 06:39 PM
I don't know what to tell you, man. The next coach will choose his coaches. There are other good defensive coaches other than Wade Phillips. He's done an amazing job, but Kubiak has forced change, so there's going to be change. One of those changes might be that Wade Phillips won't be here.

But why would a good coach disrupt a D that doesn't need to be fixed. That seems like a bad idea.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
But why would a good coach disrupt a D that doesn't need to be fixed. That seems like a bad idea.

Only to play devil's advocate...That D was awful against the run this year. It was great against the pass, which would indicate Joe Woods was doing a fantastic job.

DenBronx
01-05-2017, 06:45 PM

It's a ****ing terrible idea! If I am Elway I bring in a HC that will leave this defense the **** alone. Signing Vance imo is an awful idea too. His and Wades styles are different and it would mess up the chemistry on D.

Hopefully it is going to be Kyle. Like I said before, this offense needs a shot in the arm of testosterone. If Kyle can't coach this team without messing with the D then maybe he isn't the man for the job.

slim
01-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Only to play devil's advocate...That D was awful against the run this year. It was great against the pass, which would indicate Joe Woods was doing a fantastic job.

True. But we are only one year removed from the best D ever.

Seems like an unnecessary risk.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:48 PM
True. But we are only one year removed from the best D ever.

Seems like an unnecessary risk.

I don't like forcing a coordinator on a coach. That can immediately call in to question chain of command. I see that as risk, as well. He needs to pick his coordinator and I think Elway agrees. If he wants someone other than Wade, than so be it.

slim
01-05-2017, 06:53 PM
I don't like forcing a coordinator on a coach. That can immediately call in to question chain of command. I see that as risk, as well. He needs to pick his coordinator and I think Elway agrees. If he wants someone other than Wade, than so be it.

So if one candidate wants Wade and the other wants Joe?

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 06:53 PM

Holy shit

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:54 PM
So if one candidate wants Wade and the other wants Joe?

That might be a decision Elway has to make.

Broncoknight30

Dolphins defense was worse against the run. In a division that did not really run the ball well. Well, maybe except for the Pats

MOtorboat
Holy shit

Yes, holy shit. It's just SO CRAZY that you want a coach to pick his coordinators.

slim
01-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Yes, holy shit. It's just SO CRAZY that you want a coach to pick his coordinators.

A first time HC might benefit from some advice?

dogfish
01-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Holy shit, what?

To me, Woods is an unknown at DC. Never done it before. Wade totally proved he still has it as a DC, and the Bronco defensive players love him. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

exactly. . . i don't think anything is wrong with woods-- quite the contrary. . . IF wade leaves (and i have a sinking feeling about that), then i'm 100% fine with promoting joe. . . doesn't make it close to an ideal situation, though. . . he doesn't have anywhere near wade's experience and knowledge. . . it's also a bit tough to know exactly how good his performance has been with such a glut of talent to work with. . . give credit where it's due, i think they're obviously well-coached, ability or no. . . and joe may well do a FINE job as a DC. . . you can't expect that there won't be some growing pains, though. . . if we're bringing in a first-time HC, it's a great situation for that guy to have a vet like wade to lean on while the young HC grows into the job. . . not only can wade fully lock down his side of the ball with little to no help, he also brings prior head coaching experience to the table, and a tremendously steadying presence. . . the guy can be a true resource to a transitional regime, just as lebeau was for tomlin. . .

if we lose him, it inevitably means at least some transition on that side of the ball as well. . . will we retain bill kollar? that alone is huge, IMO. . . i just think it's way too much upheaval in one year. . . unless they keep dennison or knapp (*shudder*), it probably means a scheme change on offense, too. . . with new guys at HC, DC and OC, you're basically moving towards a true rebuild. . . throw in either third-year siemian with less than a year's worth of starts, or lynch with two starts, as the likely QB. . . i'm just afraid we're going to completely waste the remaining window of title contention for the best defense we've ever had-- one that is a tweak or so away from being legit championship caliber right now. . .

it just makes more sense to make to bring in shanny the younger, keep wade in place, and try to find a couple OLs and see if we can win one more while the iron's hot. . . if we go into next year with a first-time HC, first time DC and mike mccoy, i think it's going to go about as well as trotting out siemian behind a crap line with no run game worked this year. . .

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 06:58 PM
You all know there's no guarantee Shanahan would pick Phillips as DC, right?

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 07:00 PM

If a new coach comes in here (this is not a franchise that was in last place with a shit defense) and half of the team is THIS DEFENSE and he wants to change things.....

Consider this is not a normal situation. This was not a 1 and 15 team, the Bills or the Jets.

DenBronx
01-05-2017, 07:00 PM

That would be his first mistake and very McDanielish of him. I think he is way smarter than that.

DenBronx
01-05-2017, 07:01 PM
*tap* *tap*

Is this thing on? Mic check 1...2...mic check...1

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 07:02 PM

I think Elway needs to let whatever coach that comes here,to understand the deal. The deal is this defense stays.

Take it or leave it. If they don't like it, go to Jacksonville.

slim
01-05-2017, 07:02 PM

True. But it seems like Joseph will let him go.

MOtorboat
01-05-2017, 07:03 PM

Possibly. They have worked together.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 07:06 PM
That would be his first mistake and very McDanielish of him. I think he is way smarter than that.

Worse than that. At least cutler turned out to be a damn joke.

Freyaka
01-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Correct.

People are stupid.

Let's not go that far... The media is reporting their opinions as fact and people get a little to into it...

Freyaka
01-05-2017, 07:10 PM

I'm sure it'll be a condition of hiring most likely and Joseph and Wade worked closely together in the past. You tell me to pump the breaks....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 07:21 PM
from article:

Joseph addressed the rumors at a Thursday news conference, saying he hadn't talked to Denver, but also adding that the attention was "flattering" and that he would like to be a head coach someday.

"Would I like to be [a head coach]? Absolutely. But right now, again, I'm focused on Pittsburgh," he said. "That's my mindset...so I haven't spent one moment, you know, on the future. The future for me is Sunday at 1 p.m."

Like Joseph, Shanahan also addressed the Denver rumors Thursday during his weekly press conference, saying that he hadn't been to Denver much since leaving in high school but that he had respect for the Broncos' program.

"When you've got respect for people and you really think they do things the right way, and they're about one thing and that's trying to win a Super Bowl...when you have organizations like that who do want to talk to you and stuff, that's what I respect the most," Shanahan told reporters.

rest, plus videos - both of them talking - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-coaching-search-shifts-into-high-gear-this-weekend-with-interviews-for-shanahan-toub

Dzone
01-05-2017, 08:17 PM
If its true that VJ would get rid of wade phillips and put woods in as DC then there are going to be some royally pissed off bronco fans. Does he want to start off on that kind of a foot. Good lord.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2017, 08:24 PM
The D was already top 5 under Del "play not to lose" Rio. The tools were already there. What's to say another guy with an aggressive mind set wouldn't have us back at #1 with a little help up the middle of the D.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 08:28 PM
If its true that VJ would get rid of wade phillips and put woods in as DC then there are going to be some royally pissed off bronco fans. Does he want to start off on that kind of a foot. Good lord.

That would not be VJs fault. That would be Elway's. Again, this is not a slap dick franchise that just fired a coach. They are still the defending Champs with a bona fide championship defense.

If some new coach cannot handle that, then he needs to go to the Rams, or to the chargers, or the jags, etc etc.

Personally, I would think this franchise is whole hell of a lot better than those.

Considering this franchise has a you know....championship defense.

Broncoknight30
01-05-2017, 08:42 PM
The D was already top 5 under Del "play not to lose" Rio. The tools were already there. What's to say another guy with an aggressive mind set wouldn't have us back at #1 with a little help up the middle of the D.

Well, not really top 5. Yes, in yards...in 2014 they were top 5 in YARDS. They were 16th in points allowed and in 2014 they were 22nd in points allowed. Yes, points is a little skewed based on how many points are given up by int returns etc. However, it does illustrate something. Considering how in 2015 how many points the offense gave up...with Mannings 17 ints.

The point is Del Rio terribly misused Von Miller. I had been screaming on other websites that Denver needs to be utilizing the 3-4 with a Von Miller. He is clearly better suited with that. I know he had a lot of sacks in 2012, but the fact is he puts real pressure on opposing offenses as an OLB in 3-4. In the 4-3 the OLB hardly rushes the passer. He hardly ever rushed the passer when he was lined up as OLB in the 4-3. He rushed when he was kicked down as DE in the 4-3. That means the whole offense KNEW he was coming and where he was coming from.

Pay attention to this play for example. Miller fools brady. He thinks he is coming on a rush. However, in the 3-4 just because he is showing blitz, does not mean he is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYa7hIJOfX8

The 3-4 takes full advantage of Miller's skills and puts distinct pressure on opposing offenses.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Well, not really top 5. Yes, in yards...in 2014 they were top 5 in YARDS. They were 16th in points allowed and in 2014 they were 22nd in points allowed. Yes, points is a little skewed based on how many points are given up by int returns etc. However, it does illustrate something. Considering how in 2015 how many points the offense gave up...with Mannings 17 ints.

The point is Del Rio terribly misused Von Miller. I had been screaming on other websites that Denver needs to be utilizing the 3-4 with a Von Miller. He is clearly better suited with that. I know he had a lot of sacks in 2012, but the fact is he puts real pressure on opposing offenses as an OLB in 3-4. In the 4-3 the OLB hardly rushes the passer. He hardly ever rushed the passer when he was lined up as OLB in the 4-3. He rushed when he was kicked down as DE in the 4-3. That means the whole offense KNEW he was coming and where he was coming from.

Pay attention to this play for example. Miller fools brady. He thinks he is coming on a rush. However, in the 3-4 just because he is showing blitz, does not mean he is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYa7hIJOfX8

The 3-4 takes full advantage of Miller's skills and puts distinct pressure on opposing offenses.
You don't have to sell me on using the 3-4 with our personnel

dogfish
01-05-2017, 08:54 PM

of course. . . i think it's highly likely he would, though. . .

besides, i prefer shenanigans to joseph independently of the DC situation. . .

dogfish
01-05-2017, 08:55 PM

i wasn't at all impressed with the D under jack of the river-- i thought they were significantly better under dennis allen. . . i felt like whack jack got the least out of our talent. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2017, 08:56 PM
i wasn't at all impressed with the D under jack of the river-- i thought they were significantly better under dennis allen. . . i felt like whack jack got the least out of our talent. . .

Agreed

Rick
01-05-2017, 08:57 PM
If Elway hires VJ and he comes in and tosses Wade and this defense regresses, Elway should be the next to be fired.

It is beyond stupid that this is even being considered.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 09:00 PM
some things from article:

Joseph has said that Phillips, under whom he worked from 2011-13 as the Texans’ defensive backs coach, had the biggest impact on his coaching career. If Joseph is hired, it would interesting to see if he could retain his mentor as defensive coordinator. Other teams are expected to pursue Phillips, a 69-year-old impending “free agent.”

“Good, bad or indifferent, he was the same person every day. I never had a bad day with Wade,” Joseph told the Dolphins website in October. “We won 13 games the first year in Houston, we won 12 games the second year and we won just two games the third year and he was the same person. He never wavered. His philosophies never changed. I have so much respect for that man.”

Joseph has learned under some of the NFL’s best defensive minds in Phillips, former Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan and current Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer. Like Phillips, Joseph prefers running an aggressive 3-4 defensive scheme, though he ran a 4-3 set this season in Miami.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/05/vance-joseph-denver-broncos-coaching-search/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 09:07 PM
KUSA - Multiple league and team sources have told 9News in recent days Vance Joseph is the top candidate to replace Denver Broncos’ head coach Gary Kubiak.

There have also been team sources who have said no final determination has been made and none will be until the interview process is completed.

AND

Meaning no disrespect to Joseph, a former University of Colorado backup quarterback, but on the surface the fact he is the Broncos’ top choice going into the interview process is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Although his NFL experience as a defensive backs coach is extensive and impressive, Joseph has only been a coordinator for one season – and his Miami Dolphins defense ranked No. 29 in the 32-team league this year.

Ordinarily, the hot candidates in the head coaching pool each year are coordinators coming off impressive seasons. Shanahan’s Falcons ranked No. 2 in offense with 415.8 yards per game and No. 1 in scoring with 33.8 points per game.

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/vance-joseph-is-leading-candidate-as-broncos-begin-head-coach-search/382659444

Rick
01-05-2017, 09:11 PM
That is what makes absolutely no sense to me.

I could care less if they were considering him 2 years ago, it is a what have you proven lately league...and he has proven that his defense sucked this year.Kyle has proven his offense was the best this year.

Out defense was great this year and our offense sucked. What am I missing here...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2017, 09:18 PM
John Lynch, Terrell Davis weigh in on coaching search

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Lynch-Terrell-Davis-weigh-in-on-coaching-search/ee4ec21a-70a4-4308-88d8-1df4777e89fd

Simple Jaded
01-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Remember when Broncos fans thought it would be Kubiak and his offense that ruined the Broncos defense?

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 02:48 AM
Remember when Broncos fans thought it would be Kubiak and his offense that ruined the Broncos defense?

Right.

Which is why its a talent issue on offense, not a coaching issue.

Simple Jaded
01-06-2017, 03:31 AM
Right.

Personally, I thought they fixed the talent issue, for the most part anyway.

CoachChaz
01-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Right.

Which is the excuse I'd like to use for Joseph, but the area where they have some talent is in their front 7...but get the most production from their secondary.

Flip side...Elway has commented on wanting someone that can manage players and coaches effectively and ive read nothing but positive about Joseph's leadership capabilities, so maybe it works.

But damn it would be nice to have a Phillips defense and Shanahan offense.

Cugel
01-06-2017, 12:12 PM
They were reporting yesterday on 104.3 that the word out of Miami is that Joseph would like to get rid of Wade and promote Broncos defensive secondary coach (Joe Woods?) to be his DC. I don't have any proof this rumour is true, and even if it is, that Elway would agree. Some speculation is that the reason why Wade's contract has been left dangling is that he wants to be the highest paid Defensive Coordinator in the league or as highly paid as any.

Well, screw that noise! Wade managed to do something that only 4 teams in NFL history have accomplished - craft a defense that can win the SB without much offense to speak of and below mediocre QB play: the '85 Bears with QB Jim McMahon, the 2000 Ravens with Trent Dilfer, the 2002 Bucs with Brad Johnson, and the 2015 Broncos with Peyton playing on a torn foot tendon that didn't let him get anything on his throws.

I don't know if this is true, but it is true that Wade has said he wants to stay, yet the contract is just sitting there. Is Elway really going to let the next head coach get rid of Wade? Do the Broncos want to save money by not paying Wade for proven excellence? How does this square with Elway's statement at his presser that he wants "continuity" among his coaching staff. Presumably this means the Defensive coaches, since it's widely anticipated that the next Head Coach would fire all the Offensive coaches. Since Gary is no longer HC, Dennison, Camillis and Clancy Barone might as well start packing.

Personally, if Vance Joseph wants to dump Wade then screw him and the boat he floated in on. I'd prefer keeping Wade over any particular candidate for Head Coach. Kyle Shanahan would be a better fit. He would probably want to revamp the offense somewhat and appoint his own guys as OC, OL coach, et.

Which is all to the good. Having the 28th ranked offense out of 32 is no way to keep your job.

JOE WOODS
DEFENSIVE BACKS
13th NFL Season (2nd with Broncos)

Joe Woods is in his second year as defensive backs coach for the Denver Broncos after being hired by the team on Feb. 9, 2015.

A coaching veteran of 24 years, Woods has instructed defensive backs in the NFL during the last 12 seasons with Tampa Bay (2004-05), Minnesota (2006-13), Oakland (2014) and Denver (2015).

Coaching the Broncos’ secondary in 2015, Woods led a unit that finished first in the NFL against the pass (199.6 ypg). Featuring a pair of Pro Bowl cornerbacks—Chris Harris Jr. and Aqib Talib—Denver’s defensive backfield accounted for 11 interceptions 56 passes defensed, nine forced fumbles and four touchdowns.

The Broncos posted three interceptions against just one passing touchdown allowed during Denver’s championship run that ended with a victory in Super Bowl 50.

Woods coached the Raiders’ defensive backs in 2014, working with veteran safety Charles Woodson, who led the team with 160 tackles (105 solo) and four interceptions (35 yds.) in his 17th NFL season. He also tutored D.J. Hayden as the second-year cornerback made considerable progress from his rookie season while starting 8-of-10 games played for Oakland.

Before joining the Raiders, Woods spent eight seasons coaching defensive backs in Minnesota. The Vikings finished among the NFL’s top 10 defenses in four of his first five years with the club, capturing back-to-back NFC North Division titles from 2008-09 and making an NFC Championship Game appearance following the 2009 season.
. . . .

Woods was brought to Minnesota in 2006 along with Defensive Coordinator Mike Tomlin, who worked side-by-side with him as a secondary coach in Tamp Bay from 2004-05. In his initial season with the Vikings, Woods helped develop a trio of rookies, including cornerback Cedric Griffin (2nd Round; No. 48 overall), the club’s highest-drafted defensive back in 11 years..

Cugel
01-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Supposedly, Vance Joseph's biggest attribute is that "he's a leader of men." Leadership skills don't show up on the stat line all that often, but something has caused Joseph's name to be popular with several teams looking for Head Coaches.

Report: Vance Joseph wouldn’t keep Wade Phillips (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/report-vance-joseph-wouldnt-keep-wade-phillips/)
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2017, 9:30 PM EST
920x920 Getty Images

Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph is one of a handful of candidates to replace Gary Kubiak as head coach of the Broncos. If Joseph gets the job, Kubiak won’t be the only big-name coach leaving the team.

Alex Marvez of SportingNews.com reports that Joseph would promote defensive backs coach Joe Woods to the position of defensive coordinator. This means that defensive coordinator Wade Phillips would not be returning.

Phillips already may be destined to leave; with Washington firing defensive coordinator Joe Barry, the next move could be to bring Phillips to D.C.

However it works out, the coaching carousel is spinning at multiple levels, and it’s unclear where everyone will be when the music stops.

This is just getting worse and worse.

Northman
01-06-2017, 12:26 PM
What i dont understand is if he is so good why is the Dolphins defense ranked 29th in the league? And even if he is hired for his personality with players then why would he want Wade gone to be replaced by a guy who doesnt have the experience as an actual DC? I mean, unless John plans to use this as a chance to blow up the rest of the team and rebuild i really cant see any reasoning or desire for a guy like Joseph at this stage.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 12:40 PM
If Joseph is a respected leader of men and that's what Elway wants at the head coach position, I'm all for it.

Northman
01-06-2017, 12:43 PM
If Joseph is a respected leader of men and that's what Elway wants at the head coach position, I'm all for it.

I just want a coach who wins personally.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 12:47 PM
I just want a coach who wins personally.

And if he doesn't, I'm sure Elway will fire him.

Cugel
01-06-2017, 12:49 PM
What has Joseph done ever that was so impressive? I fail to see it. His defenses have never been better than mediocre and Miami's defense has fallen apart. They just got blown out by the Pats and as a result of that loss are heading out to face Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown in what should be a quick and painful beatdown instead of facing Houston and Brock Osweiler - a team they might actually beat.

Joseph will certainly be free to come to Denver as of Sunday Night, because his team is about to be one-and-done.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 12:53 PM
What has Joseph done ever that was so impressive? I fail to see it. His defenses have never been better than mediocre and Miami's defense has fallen apart. They just got blown out by the Pats and as a result of that loss are heading out to face Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown in what should be a quick and painful beatdown instead of facing Houston and Brock Osweiler - a team they might actually beat.

Joseph will certainly be free to come to Denver as of Sunday Night, because his team is about to be one-and-done.

He has done nothing and it will be a worthless hire. Have a nice eight months freaking out.

Northman
01-06-2017, 12:55 PM
He has done nothing and it will be a worthless hire. Have a nice eight months freaking out.

Isnt that what everyone's been doing anyway for the last 10 years on here? lol

underrated29
01-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Im more concerned about OC and DC. No mcsuck and keep wonderful wade

Cugel
01-06-2017, 12:56 PM

I got better things to do with my life than freak out about the Broncos new Head Coach! Peace. Out.

Northman
01-06-2017, 12:56 PM

But McDaniels is such a great leader of men! lol

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Isnt that what everyone's been doing anyway for the last 10 years on here? lol

Haha. Fair point!

I am too. I'm interested to see who is hired. It does not look like Wade will be back. Prepare thyself.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 12:58 PM

He's just tryin' to win a mother****ing game, North. That's what you want, right?

Northman
01-06-2017, 12:59 PM
He's just tryin' to win a mother****ing game, North. That's what you want, right?

And failed miserably in both arenas. I hate you for loving him so much.....

Northman
01-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Or is this some kind of reverse mojo because of my love for Brady??? lol

underrated29
01-06-2017, 01:02 PM

Id rather him as OC than the other Mcsuck.

Im telling you guys. People want him for some reason but what has he ever done that is OC worthy aside from the tebow thing (which was only run the ball on first, second and third down and call 2 passes an entire game). He flat out sucks!

underrated29
01-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Haha. Fair point!

I am too. I'm interested to see who is hired. It does not look like Wade will be back. Prepare thyself.

Im already having nightmares. Losing wade and adding mccoy is not something I can take standing up or laying down. There is no way to prepare. We are so close to being back in the big dance and they think losing a great and adding a suck is going to do it. Its not. I dont want to be the chargers.

Slick
01-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Of course we all want Wade to stay but if not, hiring a guy who worked under him isn't such a bad thing. Joseph ran a 4-3 because of the players he had in Miami. Miami's defense isn't nearly as talented as Denver's so making that comparison doesn't make a lot of sense. If he comes to Denver, I seriously doubt he changes much of what Wade was doing.

underrated29
01-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Of course we all want Wade to stay but if not, hiring a guy who worked under him isn't such a bad thing. Joseph ran a 4-3 because of the players he had in Miami. Miami's defense isn't nearly as talented as Denver's so making that comparison doesn't make a lot of sense. If he comes to Denver, I seriously doubt he changes much of what Wade was doing.

Its the OC that he wants to bring that is worrisome

Slick
01-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Its the OC that he wants to bring that is worrisome

You don't even know who that is. Chill out babycakes.

slim
01-06-2017, 01:09 PM
I hope it's not Joseph. Every time I say his name, I want to say Vance Johnson and then I have to pause and think a minute.

It's exhausting.

BroncoWave
01-06-2017, 01:13 PM

I can already see signs of the meltdown starting when we hire this guy. This is going to provide some quality board reading. :lol:

Mike
01-06-2017, 01:13 PM
And failed miserably in both arenas. I hate you for loving him so much.....

I dislike McD...but, looking back, the Broncos put him in a position to fail. Should have never gave him that much power.

Poet
01-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Someone hold me. I'm not even worried about the signing so much as I'm just lonely.

BroncoWave
01-06-2017, 01:14 PM
I dislike McD...but, looking back, the Broncos put him in a position to fail. Should have never gave him that much power.

Hmm, that sounds like something I've been saying for years. :D

Buff
01-06-2017, 01:15 PM

We definitely set him up for failure - but he couldn't even handle the regular relationships with assistants and players - so even if we wouldn't have given him GM powers I think he was still too immature to even be a HC.

slim
Someone hold me. I'm not even worried about the signing so much as I'm just lonely.

Let's spoon

MOtorboat

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin'
Now the days go by so fast

Northman
01-06-2017, 01:16 PM

They should of never hired him to begin with.

Northman
01-06-2017, 01:17 PM
We definitely set him up for failure - but he couldn't even handle the regular relationships with assistants and players - so even if we wouldn't have given him GM powers I think he was still too immature to even be a HC.

I dont think he was even put into a position to fail. I think that is just more excuses for a guy who never deserved the job to begin with. At the end of the day the dude has communication and attitude problems.

Poet
01-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Let's spoon

If they dropped coal between the two of us we could make a diamo.....

Slim....you wanna be a billionaire?

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 01:19 PM
They should of never hired him to begin with.

Turned out to be a rough year for head coaching candidates. Jim Caldwell is the only one left hired in 2009. Rex Ryan was hired by the Jets and he's been through two head jobs since.

slim
01-06-2017, 01:20 PM
A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin'
Now the days go by so fast

Yesterday is gone
Only today remains
Until tomorrow

Another day gone
Rinse and repeat
Every day the same

Goodbye today
Another day gone
Yesterday is gone

underrated29
01-06-2017, 01:20 PM
You don't even know who that is. Chill out babycakes.

I cant. I very rarely get the opportunity to be irrational.
And I do not like making the same mistake twice

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Bubb-le scr-eens! Bubb-le scr-eens! Bubb-le scr-eens!

Northman
01-06-2017, 01:24 PM

I agree with you. After watching all the irrationality this year with our QB's the season is wide open. Let the craziness and irrationality flow my brothers and sisters. Time to overreact bigtime!

DenBronx
01-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Haha. Fair point!

Im already having nightmares. Losing wade and adding mccoy is not something I can take standing up or laying down. There is no way to prepare. We are so close to being back in the big dance and they think losing a great and adding a suck is going to do it. Its not. I dont want to be the chargers.

I will definitely have nightmares if that happens.

Lose Wade to get Joseph and McCoy??? ****, just promote Wade to HC then!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Turned out to be a rough year for head coaching candidates. Jim Caldwell is the only one left hired in 2009. Rex Ryan was hired by the Jets and he's been through two head jobs since.

Jim Caldwell coached the Colts from 09'-12'.

Poet
01-06-2017, 01:28 PM
The cool thing about coordinators is that they are easier to find than OC's. Mainly because there's like twice as many! MATH BITCHES!

I'm not too worried about the OC so long as the HC is the real deal and can truly oversee that shit....but if we get a defensive guy I'm super worried about both the DC -will he stay or will he go- and the OC a little.

IDK. This is more stressful than the QB situation.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Jim Caldwell coached the Colts from 09'-12'.

Good point. He's with the Lions now. Either way, he looks like the only good head coach so far in that coaching class.

Buff
01-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Good point. He's with the Lions now. Either way, he looks like the only good head coach so far in that coaching class.

Jim Caldwell a good head coach? To whom?

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Jim Caldwell a good head coach? To whom?

Best of the bunch? (2009)

Hawgdriver
01-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Yesterday is gone
Only today remains
Until tomorrow

Another day gone
Rinse and repeat
Every day the same

Goodbye today
Another day gone
Yesterday is gone

Niver gon give you up.
Nevah gone let you down.

NightTerror218
01-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Just read that wade will be axed if we get joseph. He would promote joe woods to dc. This is from alex marvez who also said the job is vances to lose

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Just read that wade will be axed if we get joseph. He would promote joe woods to dc. This is from alex marvez who also said the job is vances to lose

Wade is currently a free agent, he's not getting fired.

NightTerror218
01-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Wade is currently a free agent, he's not getting fired.

From other reports elway has asked him to remain and tried to woek on extensions prior to kubiak retirement.

Wade has been talking about his unknown future if he will have a job or not when new HC comes in. So to.me he is asking less like a FA coach. I think he wants to be here.

Slick
01-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Someone tweeted something. It must be true!

Poet
01-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Someone tweeted something. It must be true!

Twitter is the superinternet.

Davii
01-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Everyone that is given responsibility is put in a position to fail. Even the cashier at McDonald's is put in a position to fail. Once you've been handed that position along with the chance of failure you either rise up and meet the challenge or you fail. McDaniels failed. Miserably. With any fortune whatsoever he will remain the worst head coach and remain tied to the worst record in franchise history.

Hawgdriver
01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Twitter is the superinternet.

Like the Superinternet of Schools? Is facebook a principal? In this unwieldy metaphor, who is the teacher that sends inappropriate texts to students?

Poet
01-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Everyone that is given responsibility is put in a position to fail. Even the cashier at McDonald's is put in a position to fail. Once you've been handed that position along with the chance of failure you either rise up and meet the challenge or you fail. McDaniels failed. Miserably. With any fortune whatsoever he will remain the worst head coach and remain tied to the worst record in franchise history.

There are degrees of failure and McD basically shit his bed, rolled around in it, and cleaned himself like a cat.

Fox failed in the sense of underachieving with his team.

One failure is not nearly as bad as the other.

underrated29
01-06-2017, 01:58 PM

Ive heard that this was just leaked out because they couldnt get a deal done with wade. So they leaked this in hopes that it may scare him or whatever and help facilitate a renewed contract.

Broncoknight30
01-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Best of the bunch? (2009)

Find any photo of jim Caldwell with a different expression.
http://cdnph.upi.com/ph/st/th/3331447166674/2015/upi/74ad3df06f646d42eb97e1d04e484fc0/v1.5/Detroit-Lions-Coach-Jim-Caldwell-Im-not-a-dead-man-walking.jpg?lg=5

I dare you.

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 02:07 PM

I dare you.

Yes. Because that's why he's not a good coach :rolleyes:

Davii
01-06-2017, 02:10 PM

I dare you.

Hawgdriver
01-06-2017, 03:08 PM

Too easy.

Broncoknight30
01-06-2017, 03:08 PM

That must have took some effort. High five.

Freyaka
01-06-2017, 03:10 PM
I will definitely have nightmares if that happens.

Lose Wade to get Joseph and McCoy??? ****, just promote Wade to HC then!

Meh...Wades a terrible HC though....

Broncoknight30
01-06-2017, 03:12 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/SmugRespectfulEft.gif

http://mymediadiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/jim-caldwell.jpg-w600h375.jpg

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpt zlzwjhmde1m2eyyjm1ytdjmjbkzgnhzwjjnjkwzdg1-e1417004608439.jpeg

DenBronx
01-06-2017, 03:14 PM

Ive heard that this was just leaked out because they couldnt get a deal done with wade. So they leaked this in hopes that it may scare him or whatever and help facilitate a renewed contract.

I can't imagine Elway letting Wade go. I just can't. Imo, this would be a devastating move.

Broncoknight30
01-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Yes. Because that's why he's not a good coach :rolleyes:

I would say he isn't a good coach. He is alright I guess. Nothing that makes my toes tingle.

underrated29
01-06-2017, 03:29 PM

I can't imagine Elway letting Wade go. I just can't. Imo, this would be a devastating move.

Elway said new HC will have authority to keep or dismiss wonderwade

MOtorboat
01-06-2017, 03:41 PM
I would say he isn't a good coach. He is alright I guess. Nothing that makes my toes tingle.

It wasn't meant to. My only point is that the 2009 coaching class isn't/wasn't very good.

Slick
01-06-2017, 04:27 PM

Because Elway isn't a dumbass.

NightTerror218
01-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Elway also said priority was too keep defense together.

CoachChaz
01-06-2017, 05:17 PM
It's interesting to see the meltdown of Wade happen already. If anyone pays attention, they'll realize that for every season he's had a defense in the top 10 or top 5...he's had just as many with a defense near the bottom. Was he a hot commodity when his Falcons defense was rated #31? Or his Dallas defense rated #28? No. He's been hired and fired for failure and success for 30 years. At the end of the day, it's the players that play that earn the ranking. Yes, a good coordinator helps, but there is no proof that the next one will fail miserably.

Would it be nice to keep him? Sure. Are we doomed without him? Let's let Miller, Wolfe, Ray, Talib, Harris, Marshall, Ward, etc. answer that question. I have a feeling our talent has the final say in how successful our defense is or isnt.

Freyaka
01-06-2017, 05:22 PM
It's interesting to see the meltdown of Wade happen already. If anyone pays attention, they'll realize that for every season he's had a defense in the top 10 or top 5...he's had just as many with a defense near the bottom. Was he a hot commodity when his Falcons defense was rated #31? Or his Dallas defense rated #28? No. He's been hired and fired for failure and success for 30 years. At the end of the day, it's the players that play that earn the ranking. Yes, a good coordinator helps, but there is no proof that the next one will fail miserably.

Would it be nice to keep him? Sure. Are we doomed without him? Let's let Miller, Wolfe, Ray, Talib, Harris, Marshall, Ward, etc. answer that question. I have a feeling our talent has the final say in how successful our defense is or isnt.

I've brought this up before. Wade's defenses are incredibly succesful for the first 2-3 years he's coaching and then suffer a huge drop off. I don't want that beautiful basterd gone...but it might not be the worst thing if we get out while we're ahead.

underrated29
01-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Yes, but as dog loves to point out, nearly the exact same players were with Jack of the River and our defense was no where near as good as it was last year or this. So I agree to an extent. The 34 fits our team better too. Specifically von imo

LawDog
01-06-2017, 05:40 PM

In the same way as when you ask your wife if you can sleep with another woman and she says "okay." Technically, you can, but at what cost?

LawDog
01-06-2017, 05:41 PM

He gets the best out of great players, quality out of good players, but can't make chicken soup out of chicken shit.

Simple Jaded
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM

Then he shouldn't have forced the GM's out, perhaps if he didn't want to take a flamethrower to the offense in the first place the GM's would've been easier to get along with.

Broncoknight30
01-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Wade Philips AND Von Miller = a Lombardi

If this team even had an average offense, there is a distinct possibility this is dynasty.

Now, there are actual Broncos fans that don't mind Philips leaving and Vance Joseph being a HC?

I think I need constant affirmation on why Vance Joseph is this viable candidate.

What, is in his resume? I noticed someone bring up what Philips did not do in Atlanta? What, what did Joseph do, anwywhere?

I must be in twilight zone.