PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference today at 10:00 AM MST

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Press conference Kubes and John. NFL will carry it. Also, I am assuming that it will be on the Broncos' website.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Just checked, and they have it set up to show it on Broncos' website. NFL network reported that John will talk first, then Kubes, and then John again.

GEM
01-02-2017, 11:57 AM
http://broncos.mpl.miisolutions.net/broncos-live-2/_definst_/mp4:stream1/playlist.m3u8

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak's family all here for his press conference, including his first granddaughter, who was born this summer.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak's entire staff is here, as well. It's going to get emotional up in here, folks.

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

John Elway heads to the lectern first.

Elway: "I'm up here with mixed emotions. No. 1, I think we're losing a great football coach."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m1 minute ago

Elway said Kubiak approached him about a week ago, "as a friend, not my boss."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

John Elway: "It's the right decision for Gary. And I know how hard it is for him to do this."

Elway: Kubiak's commitment is what makes him who he is, "and that's a great football coach."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: "In the long run, it's the right thing for Gary ... Gary, personally, became the priority."

Elway: "[Kubiak] did bring up the fact that when I retired, Mike [Shanahan] sent him out to try to convince me to come back."

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 49s50 seconds ago

#Broncos GM John Elway says he tried, once again, this morning to convince Gary Kubiak to not step away. Lot of emotion here.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 51s52 seconds ago

Listening to Elway's initial comments, doesn't sound like there was any rift between GM and coach. Elway wanted him to stay.

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 45s45 seconds ago

Kubiak gets up and says Patrick Smyth told him to wear a suit, and Kubiak said, "No, I came in wearing jeans; I'm going out wearing jeans."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 36s37 seconds ago

Kubiak: "Mr. B is the greatest owner in sports." (tearing up)

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24s25 seconds ago

Kubiak: Pat Bowlen and the Bowlen family "gave me an opportunity in life that is second to none."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19s20 seconds ago

Kubiak praises Joe Ellis: "The job that he's done for this organization through some very trying circumstances has been exceptional."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 30s30 seconds ago

Kubiak to Broncos fans: "I love the fans. They're the best. They were good to me as a player, good to me as a coach."

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 42s43 seconds ago

Kubiak fighting back tears while thanking individual members of the Broncos' staff.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 34s35 seconds ago

Kubiak: "I think the players are special. I know they make a lot of money .. but their job is hard and I respect players and what they do."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 20s20 seconds ago

Kubiak on players: "If you play game right way they don't pay you enough. I know management doesn't want to hear that but I believe that.''

Davii
01-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Kubes is struggling not to cry. There are zero hard feelings in this group, very obvious IMO that this was a health choice, there was not anything going on behind the scenes as some have suggested.

chazoe60
01-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Kubiak is one helluva good man. It is hard not to just respect the hell out him. We can all argue about his play calling or whether or not his fierce loyalty is misguided but there is no denying the amazing amount of leadership that just pours from him. He is an all-time great Bronco is so many ways. We love you Kubes.

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We have one hell of a coaching staff and they have done a tremendous time giving their time."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak on his family: 'I got three boys. Two of them I see everyday. That's special."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak crying while thanking his sons: "They've always been so supportive of their dad, and I appreciate it.'

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak says, "I'm okay, but coaching is a very demanding business. Tough business."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak: "Bottom line, that's the way I'm wired ... so I have struggled big-time this year & these coaches have picked me up."

Kubiak: "This decision is based on what I've been through this year." Says he's retiring from coaching, "but I've got a lot to give."

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 9m9 minutes ago

"I'm retiring from coaching. I'm getting out of coaching" - Kubiak

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: "This place is special, and it's built to do one thing: It's built to win championships. And it's in a great place."

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak said he wouldn't say that his issues began with the ATL game & complex migraine, said it was a struggle throughout the year.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said that even a playoff run wouldn't have changed his decision.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: "Bob McNair recommended I take a year off. Glad I didn't listen. (Super Bowl). But now I'm going to listen to myself.'' #9sports

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said the conversation with Elway was very hard & that he tried to get out of it.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I'll find another passion. There's a lot to do in life."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak: "This is the best job in America, because the people that you've got helping you are second to none."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said he did try to do some things differently after the incident this season. But after a few weeks went back to his old routine.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Two more people Kubiak wants to thank as he walks away. John Elway is the first. "We sat down & we talked well into the night" last week.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak: "What John Elway has done for the Denver Broncos is unmatched in sports -- as a player, as an executive."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak to Elway: "John, thanks so much, bud. I love ya."

Kubiak's final thank-you is to his wife, Rhonda, to whom he blows a kiss. "She kept me in one piece for a long time."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak, to his wife, Rhonda. "I'm coming home, and I love you."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 12:26 PM
John is talking now on Broncos' website

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Elway, on the search: "There's some quality candidate out there ... we'll get busy on that today."

Elway: "I'm excited about the quarterbacks we have ... last year it was my biggest concern, this year it's not."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 55s56 seconds ago

John Elway: "The competition we're going to have at that position (QB) with those two is only going to make those guys better."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51s52 seconds ago

Elway: "We'd like to get it done [hiring a coach quickly], but we'd like to make sure we get the right guy."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 50s51 seconds ago

Elway: Kubiak leaving "was always a possibility ... I know how he's wired."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 21s22 seconds ago

Elway: "I was hopeful [Kubiak would stay]. Was I totally surprised? No."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 27s28 seconds ago

Elway said the conversation with Kubiak was in Kansas City, over Christmas weekend.

MOtorboat
01-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Sad day.

Traveler
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
John was blunt when asked if there was anyone on the current staff that he would interview for the HC vacancy. His answer was a emphatic "NO!"

Valar Morghulis
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
I liked how honest John was.

Nobody on current staff well even be interviewed
New HC will decide on wade, but he hopes wade gets to stay
Priority remains being awesome on defense
Wants a young bright mind

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

Elway, on keeping Wade Phillips and the defensive assistants: "That's up to the new head coach."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m16 minutes ago

Elway said he is hopeful the new coach will retain a lot of the assistant coaches from Kubiak's staff.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15m15 minutes ago

Elway: "You want a guy who can manage people and who knows what he wants to do on the offensive side, as well as the defensive side."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 14m14 minutes ago

Elway on on getting a HC who can develop their 2 QBs: "For me, having played the game, I know how important it is."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 14m14 minutes ago

John Elway said no one currently on staff will be considered for the Broncos' head-coaching position.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Elway: "We've got to obviously do a better job [on OL]...the 1 thing I want to make sure is that we don't want to take a step back on D."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Elway: "We got to get better offensively and we have to compete better offensively."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 13m13 minutes ago

Elway: "We got the defense to build on. Bad streak at end of the year. We feel like we're right in the hunt.'' #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Elway: "The goal has not changed. The goal is still the same. But Gary is going to be missed."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12m12 minutes ago

Elway: "We got a lot of draft picks and we'll be involved in free agency.''

GEM
01-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Interesting comment from Elway...is the new head coach on the current staff, an emphatic no.

DenBronx
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Um Mr. Elway, the decision to keep Wade is up to you, not the new HC. Make him untouchable please.

VonDoom
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 11m11 minutes ago

Elway on new head coach: "There's three or four possibilities that we're excited about."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

John Elway: "Challenges excite me. It's all about adjusting. This game is about adjusting. That's what we'll continue to do."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway said team will be involved in free agency. Have ton of picks. "Goal is to win championships" @DenverChannel

Elway: "There's pressure everywhere ... but the opp. that's here because of the commitment by ownership is something that's 2nd to none"

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Elway on possibly bringing a veteran starting QB: "Right now we're going forward (with 2 young QBs) but we always looking at everything."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Elway said offseason plan is to improve the offense while not taking any steps back on defense.

Elway: Matt Russell & Joe Ellis and "four or five other people" will be in the room for the interviews.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 8m8 minutes ago

Elway says there are a lot of young coaching candidates with good ideas. "Hopefully we can get one of those."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos Elway on trading to address offensive need. "I don't Believe necessary to take away from a strength. Would have to be right fit"

Bronco4ever
01-02-2017, 12:50 PM
This season didn't go as planned, but Kubes is a class act through and through. He had an incredible impact on this organization for a long time. Watching the press conference makes you think of him as a close relative that is saying goodbye for the last time. Sad day, but I wish the best day for him in retirement. God bless Gary Kubiak!

MOtorboat
01-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I liked how honest John was.

Nobody on current staff well even be interviewed
New HC will decide on wade, but he hopes wade gets to stay
Priority remains being awesome on defense
Wants a young bright mind

I'm glad Elway is doing it this way. I know it frustrates people, but it's just better for the new guy to make decisions on coaching staff.

DenBronx
01-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Just got the alert that Broncos request interview with Kyle Shanahan.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m

#Broncos, #Rams, #Jaguars all have requested permission to interview Kyle Shanahan. I expect #Broncos to interview Joseph. @DenverChannel

Simple Jaded
01-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Every assistant left the room when Elway said no one on staff will be considered.

Imma laugh so ****ing hard if fans lose the defensive staff because of this.

Mike
01-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Life is short, I am glad he is taking his health serious. I wish him the best and appreciate what he has done for the Broncos.

nevcraw
01-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Every assistant left the room when Elway said no one on staff will be considered.

Imma laugh so ****ing hard if fans lose the defensive staff because of this.

Cuz that would be funny?

Rick
01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
it is fair to let the new HC pick his staff but during the interview when asked his plans on defense, if he is not saying I am keeping it in tact he better have a DAMN good answer as to why and how he can keep it just as good or better.

Saying I will keep the 3-4 but I am bringing in my best bud Wink Martindale to run it because we are bros just isn't going to cut it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m

#Broncos @Millerlite40 on Elway's coaching search "He's the king of the comeback. I believe he will do it again" @DenverChannel

Simple Jaded
01-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Cuz that would be funny?

Cuz it'd be karma. Careful what you wish for.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 40m

Joe Ellis said there have been early conversations with John Elway about a contract extension. Entering final year on deal

Davii
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Cuz it'd be karma. Careful what you wish for.

Are you saying that you hope the Broncos fail so you have something to gloat about? Unless that's what you're saying I guess I don't understand where you're coming from.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Are you saying that you hope the Broncos fail so you have something to gloat about? Unless that's what you're saying I guess I don't understand where you're coming from.

I don't think that's what I'm saying, idk. I don't hope the Broncos lose anything or anybody, I was even pondering a way to keep Barone around. I didn't want any of this.

I'm saying I will laugh really hard if this defensive staff is gutted at the same time as everybody gets their 'play calling' prayers answered. Do I wanna laugh? Yes. Do I want the Broncos to fail at anything? Nope.

Feel free to think whatever you want though.

MOtorboat
01-02-2017, 02:03 PM
John was blunt when asked if there was anyone on the current staff that he would interview for the HC vacancy. His answer was a emphatic "NO!"

Be prepared for a full-scale change is what that says to me.

Nomad
01-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Folks can be naive, but there is more than just health reasons Kubiak is stepping down.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway, Kubiak's former teammate and roommate with the Broncos, said Kubiak came to him in December and said, "I need to talk to you as a friend, not my boss."

It was in a Christmas Eve discussion, at the team's hotel in Kansas City the night before the Christmas night game, when Kubiak outlined his desire to step away. Elway said he briefly tried to talk Kubiak out of the decision, including another attempt Monday.

full article - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18393881/gary-kubiak-steps-head-coach-denver-broncos

Northman
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Very emotional. Dude was legit and i totally appreciate everything he has ever done for this organization.

Rick
01-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Folks can be naive, but there is more than just health reasons Kubiak is stepping down.

It's not about being naïve.

It could very well be true that there is more to it than just health.

I am just reluctant to believe it until I see someone like Sheftler reporting it. If this was true I would expect it to be pretty big news and I have seen nothing about in on NFL.com or ESPN. Everything I have seen or read has been about the health.

Nomad
01-02-2017, 02:55 PM
It's not about being naïve.

It could very well be true that there is more to it than just health.

I am just reluctant to believe it until I see someone like Sheftler reporting it. If this was true I would expect it to be pretty big news and I have seen nothing about in on NFL.com or ESPN. Everything I have seen or read has been about the health.

That's fine. I get news needs to come from a reliable* source aka Sheftler and not bloggers or shock jocks, but the rumor of Kubiak stepping down has been floating around for quite awhile. It was more to do with Elway wanting to get rid of some of Kubiak's friends. Obviously, they weren't too far off, because Elway doesn't seem too interested in the current coaching staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 02:58 PM
klein_kubiak_84

2 years ago I had the privilege of showing you around your new offices as the head coach of the Denver Broncos where expectations had never been higher and the challenge had never been greater. Today you have the privilege of moving on from coaching the game you have dominated for 30+ years. The game that, on February 7, 2016 at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, CA, you conquered. You looked everyday in the eyes and punched it square in the jaw. I can't wait to see what mountain you approach next because it's doesn't stand a chance against your heart. Thanks for the last 2 years, coach. Thanks for the last 25 years, dad. Love you. "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." -Proverbs 27:17

#MyCoach | #DenverBroncos | #SB50CHAMPS

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 03:12 PM
On the way home from the game, my youngest son was listening to Dave Logan on koa, and Dave was very adamant in stating that the rumors flying around about Kubes being upset as some of the coaches were going to be let go, etc. was absolutely wrong. Dave said that Kubes stepping down is ONLY because of health reasons.

And here is something I posted earlier:

Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway, Kubiak's former teammate and roommate with the Broncos, said Kubiak came to him in December and said, "I need to talk to you as a friend, not my boss."

It was in a Christmas Eve discussion, at the team's hotel in Kansas City the night before the Christmas night game, when Kubiak outlined his desire to step away. Elway said he briefly tried to talk Kubiak out of the decision, including making another attempt Monday.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18393881/gary-kubiak-steps-head-coach-denver-broncos

IMO, it would be very difficult for me to believe that John had told Kubes BEFORE the Christmas Eve game, when there was still a chance of making the playoffs, if the Broncos won, to have told him before that game that some of the coaches would not be back next year. WHY would John put that on Gary before an important game to play? Does not make any sense to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 03:26 PM
The Squeeze: Players react on social media to Head Coach Gary Kubiak stepping down

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-squeeze/The-Squeeze-Players-react-on-social-media-to-Head-Coach-Gary-Kubiak-stepping-down/ef1bfb63-2472-48c4-82dc-af9e9bfa3cd8

Buff
01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
On the way home from the game, my youngest son was listening to Dave Logan on koa, and Dave was very adamant in stating that the rumors flying around about Kubes being upset as some of the coaches were going to be let go, etc. was absolutely wrong. Dave said that Kubes stepping down is ONLY because of health reasons.

And here is something I posted earlier:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18393881/gary-kubiak-steps-head-coach-denver-broncos

IMO, it would be very difficult for me to believe that John had told Kubes BEFORE the Christmas Eve game, when there was still a chance of making the playoffs, if the Broncos won, to have told him before that game that some of the coaches would not be back next year. WHY would John put that on Gary before an important game to play? Does not make any sense to me.

I think it was a little bit of everything - I think the business part and the grind really got to him. On some level, he probably also realized that he was either going to have to be loyal to Elway or some of his assistants but not both... And I think having so many of his personal relationships tied up in his professional life probably complicated everything. Obviously I'm speculating, but the press conference seemed to reveal to me that it was more than just health... There were a lot of things on his mind.

Nomad
01-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I think it was a little bit of everything - I think the business part and the grind really got to him. On some level, he probably also realized that he was either going to have to be loyal to Elway or some of his assistants but not both... And I think having so many of his personal relationships tied up in his professional life probably complicated everything. Obviously I'm speculating, but the press conference seemed to reveal to me that it was more than just health... There were a lot of things on his mind.

It's not a knock or tarnishing Kubiak. I admire him, and I would definitely like having him as my friend. I bet it's a tough pickle to be in.

Northman
01-02-2017, 04:10 PM
it is fair to let the new HC pick his staff but during the interview when asked his plans on defense, if he is not saying I am keeping it in tact he better have a DAMN good answer as to why and how he can keep it just as good or better.

Saying I will keep the 3-4 but I am bringing in my best bud Wink Martindale to run it because we are bros just isn't going to cut it.

Basically.

I never understood how someone can come in and tear apart what isnt broken. That kind of logic just never made any sense to me.

dogfish
01-02-2017, 04:41 PM

he's just letting us know that he's scared, and he needs slim to hold him. . .

Cugel
01-02-2017, 05:40 PM

Why do people keep arguing against this? It's like they think "health" is something unconnected with mind, when your emotional state pre-determines your health. Why was Kubiak's health so precarious? "Stress" related health problems? What was the emotional trauma? Part of it has to be the relations inside that building.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 06:17 PM
bosweiler17

Coach, thank you for making me a better quarterback but more importantly thank you for making me a better man. I will always cherish our one season together and the lessons I learned from you. Congratulations on an incredible career. Happy retirement. #thankyou

Rick
01-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Brock has 72 million reasons to thank Kubiak.

MOtorboat
01-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Brock has 72 million reasons to thank Kubiak.

Rick
01-02-2017, 07:27 PM
True, Brock won't see that full contract.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Broncos Players Thank Kubiak: ‘Great Coach, Even Better Man’

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/01/02/broncos-players-thank-kubiak-great-coach-even-better-man/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2017, 08:03 PM
CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- The tears dried. The hugs finished. The second coach in Broncos history to win a Super Bowl vanished into a new chapter of his life as Denver began its climb back to the top Monday.

It starts with finding Gary Kubiak's replacement, with young coordinators on the wish list: Atlanta's Kyle Shanahan, Miami's Vance Joseph, Buffalo's Anthony Lynn, Detroit's Teryl Austin and Seattle's Darrell Bevell.

Regardless of the coach, the Broncos' roster requires nips and tucks. The paramount question centers on the quarterbacks. It is assumed that the new coach will have to detail a development plan for Trevor Siemian, if not specifically Paxton Lynch, the team's former first-round draft pick.

"I am excited about the quarterbacks we have. I think we are in a much better position now than we were, maybe not at the end of last season, but when Brock (Osweiler) left and went to Houston," Elway said Monday. "Last year it was the biggest concern. This year it is not. We have a two young guys with a lot of talent, who are both competitive and want to win."

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-john-elway-sees-improving-offensive-line-keeping-defense-strong-as-priorities

Traveler
01-03-2017, 12:40 PM
True, Brock won't see that full contract.

But he will see at least $37.5 million of it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-03-2017, 03:22 PM
There were tears in the locker room when Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak broke the news that he was resigning.

Next asked 9NEWS Broncos Insider Mike Klis to share his own perspective on Coach Kubiak, and what his biggest takeaways are about Kubiak's character:

What struck me about Gary Kubiak was just how honest he was at his press conference. The guy did not know how to lie.

I think, and I hope people will forgive me for this, but I think it has a lot to do with his Catholic background. Do you realize Gary Kubiak, in his office, every morning – and he’s here 4:30, 5 o’clock in the morning, one of the first ones here – and he watches Catholic mass in his office every single morning, while he’s also watching film and tape of the games, and he’s preparing his game plan.

That says something about Gary Kubiak.

You know, he married his high school sweetheart. They have three sons. He really is kind of an all-American boy, who made good.

He got the Super Bowl title. I think his wick was short when he got here, as far as his coaching career was concerned, but no regrets. His first year the Broncos win the Super Bowl title. All-in-all, a successful run for Gary Kubiak.

Klis added that the reporters clapped for Gary Kubiak after his press conference Monday, as a show of appreciation.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/an-insiders-perspective-on-gary-kubiak-the-man/381364821