PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Hire Competition

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Wasn't he the NYG DC who sucked ass as a HC for the Rams?

Play along, ok!

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Or if John does hire Kyle and Wade ends up somewhere else.

Everyone here is so biased so they can't be calm and let the process play out.

If Wade goes somewhere else, then so be it. I want him to do well, he did so much for us.

I just have heard that Wade wants to stay here. I've heard players talking that they want him to stay. Kyle knows more about the O so it would make sense to me that Wade has a better chance of staying if it's Kyle.

If Kyle has a bad game next week I am judging him more on the entire year, plus what I've read he did in WA. I didn't judge Vance on what I saw today, but given what has happened this entire year in Miami gives me concern. It would like judging Wade on the last KC game....our D sucked and there was no other way to call it.

I know nothing about this process, I won't pretend that I do. I just found it interesting no nothing pn and insider Klis had the same thoughts....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h

Anybody know where Wade is? And can anybody lend the Broncos an ink pen? #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h

Vance Joseph D horrible so far. Mega yds after catch. Statistically MIA Def one of NFL's worst. Not sure why he's the fit for DEN. #9sports

I also read where Wade's contract is not up until February 1st.

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:30 PM
So I should ignore the rumor that Elway is on his way to Roswell to interview one of the aliens that have hang out there for the past 60 years?

Nah it's all fair game right now..... :laugh: Plus that opens up a whole new avenue....

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:31 PM
I also read where Wade's contract is not up until February 1st.

So MO was wrong :eviltongue: :D

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:32 PM
If Wade goes somewhere else, then so be it. I want him to do well, he did so much for us.

I just have heard that Wade wants to stay here. I've heard players talking that they want him to stay. Kyle knows more about the O so it would make sense to me that Wade has a better chance of staying if it's Kyle.

If Kyle has a bad game next week I am judging him more on the entire year, plus what I've read he did in WA. I didn't judge Vance on what I saw today, but given what has happened this entire year in Miami gives me concern. It would like judging Wade on the last KC game....our D sucked and there was no other way to call it.

I know nothing about this process, I won't pretend that I do. I just found it interesting no nothing pn and insider Klis had the same thoughts....

No disrespect, pn, ........With this mindset of Joseph, Mike Tomlin would have never been hired.

underrated29
01-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Think about this. What if he replaces Wade's defensive philosophy with the shitshow the Dolphins have put out there all season?

I still dont see the correlation. Miami has no dbs, and the ones they have are hurt. They have ok linebacker and a good DL guy, but its nothing like what we have here.

I mean what if we based wade phillips on his one year as DC when they were 28th? Does that mean we should not have hired him to replace Jack Del Rio 2 years ago?
Totally different team. Totally different players. Totally different system. 34 vs 43. And this is all about a guy who wont be the DC. He will be the HC- whose responsibilities (according to reports is to defer to coordinators and let them do their jobs) will be Head Coaching. I am not saying I do or do not want Vance.

But it makes no sense to me to base it off of miamis defense and their game against the steelers.

What if he thinks McCoy is the best OC since sliced bread??? I feel about loosing Wade like you feel about bringing back McCoy.

I feel that way about losing wade too. But all of this is what if. What if he keeps wade and brings in an OC not named mcsuck. That is equally possible.

FanInAZ
Nah it's all fair game right now..... :laugh: Plus that opens up a whole new avenue....

The biggest question would be, would having a telepathic HC be more of an advantage or nuisance during a play?

Rick
Play along, ok!

Hiring a HC can be a crap shoot. But if VJ had had the success as a DC that Spags had when he was hired by the Rams I would have less of an issue that I do now.

MOtorboat
01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
We should hire Spagnuolo.

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Hiring a HC can be a crap shoot. But if VJ had had the success as a DC that Spags had when he was hired by the Rams I would have less of an issue that I do now.

Nope. You're all Shanahan.

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:36 PM
No disrespect, pn, ........With this mindset of Joseph, Mike Tomlin would have never been hired.

Like I said I know nothing about the process....but I have deep, deep affection for Wade and I turn into Mama Bear if I think he will be discarded for something new and shiny.

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Like I said I know nothing about the process....but I have deep, deep affection for Wade and I turn into Mama Bear if I think he will be discarded for something new and shiny.

So for you, it's more about Wade than Shanahan?

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
The biggest question would be, would having a telepathic HC be more of an advantage or nuisance during a play?

Like I said new avenues......:eek: The real question is would be fined for using those telepathic abilities by the NFL?

Hearing all those voices would seem more like a nuisance, you know all the voices in the stadium....;)

Nomad
BTW.....Tomlin kept LeBeau ;)

FanInAZ

For me, yes, keep Wade would be a requirement if I was doing the hiring.

Rick
01-08-2017, 05:41 PM
You are right, I am all in on Shany.

I do not think we need a defensive HC.

I would not be as pissed though if they hired a defensive HC that brought in a creative talented OC, but I would at the very least want that defensive HC to have proven he is a competent defensive guy at some point, which VJ has not done.

In the same regard, when Mike Shanahan was fired, I did not want an offensive HC because our defense sucked. I had preferences but I was at peace with the hiring of McDaniels because he brought Nolan with him to run the defense.

It didn't work out but the hiring at the time was sound.

The hiring of VJ and promoting of Woods is not sound. Just not enough experience.

FanInAZ
01-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Like I said new avenues......:eek: The real question is would be fined for using those telepathic abilities by the NFL?

Hearing all those voices would seem more like a nuisance, you know all the voices in the stadium....;)

Just think about trying to focus on hit a WR for a deep pass when a voice inside your head yell, watch out be hind you :scared:

Davii
01-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Same. It's going to be hilarious.

I'd be surprised if there is one, beyond a couple people. Nearly everyone has said they're ok with VJ but prefer Shanny. I fail to see how that is a predictor for some huge meltdown you, and others, can enjoy.

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM

BTW....I have seen my wife be a Mama Bear with my son's recruiter. A Mama Bear is not to be messed with. :)

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Yup....if I had not read that Vance wants to bring his own DC in I would care less. But my logic still stays bring in a guy that knows how to fix what's broken and that's our O right now.

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Yup....if I had not read that Vance wants to bring his own DC in I would care less. But my logic still stays bring in a guy that knows how to fix what's broken and that's our O right now.

You know this team, so I do respect your opinion.

Nomad
01-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Packers scored, so I don't want Spangnolo as HC anymore.

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Just think about trying to focus on hit a WR for a deep pass when a voice inside your head yell, watch out be hind you :scared:

The NFL would fine us on that one for sure.....:D

Rick
01-08-2017, 06:01 PM

If you could find a single person that based their opinion on a single game your jab would be valid :)

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 06:07 PM
You know this team, so I do respect your opinion.

Thank you Nomad...that's really kind of you. I have great respect for you too.

Everyone and I mean everyone that played for Kubes loved him. There were problems but those players loved him. They understood that he had to retire because of his health....they saw him having a tough time for over half the season. I see that same type of respect/affection for Wade from the D. Our D is still working for the most part so why take away another person that they really care about?

Thanks Nomad....I just get really defense about Wade...and if get that way how do you think those players feel? :D

Poet
01-08-2017, 07:41 PM
I would like to nominate Edgar Bennett.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/edgar-bennett/a5ae9936-e190-4d94-9082-9c2012fe505f

VonDoom
01-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 22m22 minutes ago

Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is scheduled for an HC interview Tuesday with the Denver Broncos, per league source.

Davii
01-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 22m22 minutes ago

Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is scheduled for an HC interview Tuesday with the Denver Broncos, per league source.

I'm looking forward to having an answer soon. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's the last known candidate we're waiting to interview, right?

Simple Jaded
01-08-2017, 09:36 PM
I would like to nominate Edgar Bennett.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/edgar-bennett/a5ae9936-e190-4d94-9082-9c2012fe505f

Tom Clements too.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Vance Joseph HC.

Clements or Bennett as OC.
Greg Olson QB Coach.
Nathanial Hackett WR Coach.
Pariani TE Coach.
Dennison, Benton or Hiestand OL Coach.

Keep Phillips and entire defensive staff. Bring back Rod Woodson as full time CB's coach if you must get rid of Wade and promote Woods

Joseph will have this defense all to himself once Wade retires anyway, I hope the rumors are just rumors.

Edit, Clements coached with Tolbert and Studesville in Buffalo, he'd probably keep them too.

dogfish
01-08-2017, 10:04 PM
So it's Shanahan or bust is what I'm getting at regardless of Wade.

There are hypocrites.

not for me-- i have a whole list of guys i'd take over joseph, and shanny the younger's not even the top name on it. . .

man, you are sassy today. . . :laugh:

dogfish
01-08-2017, 10:05 PM
I want some chili cheese fries

you want some. . . and i had some. . . :cool:

Tom Clements too.

not a bad idea, but at this point it would make more sense to just hire alex van pelt as your head coach. . .

Poet
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Bennett is the guy!

Simple Jaded
01-08-2017, 10:09 PM

not a bad idea, but at this point it would make more sense to just hire alex van pelt as your head coach. . .
If that keeps Phillips, not a bad idea.

pnbronco
01-08-2017, 10:11 PM

You brat.....it's cool that you had some but did you really have to share that? Now I'm hungry again dang it!!! (I'm talking about the chili cheese fries...:shocked:)

underrated29
01-09-2017, 12:50 AM
I'd be surprised if there is one, beyond a couple people. Nearly everyone has said they're ok with VJ but prefer Shanny. I fail to see how that is a predictor for some huge meltdown you, and others, can enjoy.

If McCoy ends up back here I will meltdown. He was so bad and people only have the stupid tebow year to conclude he was good for some reason. Tebow still sucked. We still sucked. He completely sucks. To a lesser degree I'll flip if we show Wade the door, but I'm more confident in the talent on the d to keep up or close to the level of play. God I just hope we knock the FA and the draft out of the park.Elway said we are going to be players in FA- so I have faith that a DE/DT and LG and RT will be on their way.

Poet
01-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Why do you discount what he did in SD? That offense had good production out of Rivers, and they were killed by injuries each year. They were very creative in SD. Why do you believe that the Tebow season is indicative of McCoy's ability?

underrated29
01-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Why do you discount what he did in SD? That offense had good production out of Rivers, and they were killed by injuries each year. They were very creative in SD. Why do you believe that the Tebow season is indicative of McCoy's ability?

1. He did not call the plays in SD. Direct quotes from him saying so.
2. River has always been a whiney butch, but he is a very very good qb, before, during and after McCoy.
3. They've had a cake schedule for several year. The losers schedule. Coincidentally when McCoy got hired.
4. They were in the playoffs before McCoy. During, not. Next year, I bet they're back.
5. He did not call the offense. This needs to be stressed again. He did for us and I've already listed his many multiple failures in that duty.
6. I wanted him gone before tebow. I only reference tebow season as that is the candle that many try to hold when they think he is a good, maybe even great OC. It's the only thing they can remember and or reference. One reason is because the rest of the time he's been shit. I'm pretty sure he came from Carolina was shit there too. I initially was excited when we got him from there because they had denagelo Williams in his prime (who is still very good) and Jstew- whom I've always loved both go for 1k yards. However, here he just sucked. Was the most predictable play caller ever. The least imaginative and if something worked once- he would go to that well over and over again, even after the other times got blown up. Situational awareness is another trait he lacks.

You may not remember but we had 1st and 10 on our own half yard line! Tebow, our 260lb qb behind center. Do you know what he called? He called a trap play with knowshon Moreno. On our half yard line. So we wait for the guard to pull, we wait for the the TE to crash and guess what- knowshon was tackled 4 yards deep for a safety. The slowest developing play one can call aside from a reverse or flea flicker- on our own half yard line- when we have a qb who as we all know can run like a frickin tank. A qb sneak would almost assuredly have gone for anything to get us out of our own end zone. Silent count, we were at home, nope. Literally the slowest run play to develop.

I'm telling you the guy sucks!! Maybe he learned a thing or two in his stint with the bolts, but I don't ever want to find out again.

Poet
01-09-2017, 01:18 AM
1. He did not call the plays in SD. Direct quotes from him saying so.
2. River has always been a whiney butch, but he is a very very good qb, before, during and after McCoy.
3. They've had a cake schedule for several year. The losers schedule. Coincidentally when McCoy got hired.
4. They were in the playoffs before McCoy. During, not. Next year, I bet they're back.
5. He did not call the offense. This needs to be stressed again. He did for us and I've already listed his many multiple failures in that duty.
6. I wanted him gone before tebow. I only reference tebow season as that is the candle that many try to hold when they think he is a good, maybe even great OC. It's the only thing they can remember and or reference. One reason is because the rest of the time he's been shit. I'm pretty sure he came from Carolina was shit there too. I initially was excited when we got him from there because they had denagelo Williams in his prime (who is still very good) and Jstew- whom I've always loved both go for 1k yards. However, here he just sucked. Was the most predictable play caller ever. The least imaginative and if something worked once- he would go to that well over and over again, even after the other times got blown up. Situational awareness is another trait he lacks.

You may not remember but we had 1st and 10 on our own half yard line! Tebow, our 260lb qb behind center. Do you know what he called? He called a trap play with knowshon Moreno. On our half yard line. So we wait for the guard to pull, we wait for the the TE to crash and guess what- knowshon was tackled 4 yards deep for a safety. The slowest developing play one can call aside from a reverse or flea flicker- on our own half yard line- when we have a qb who as we all know can run like a frickin tank. A qb sneak would almost assuredly have gone for anything to get us out of our own end zone. Silent count, we were at home, nope. Literally the slowest run play to develop.

I'm telling you the guy sucks!! Maybe he learned a thing or two in his stint with the bolts, but I don't ever want to find out again.

But he oversaw the offense, right? Who says he would have to call plays here?

But Rivers had career years under him. That's a huge plus, there's no two ways about it.

They've been struggling forever. So what?

So he's the reason they've been bad? Even though the offense, in shambles, has been very good?

Sure, but again, who says he has to call the plays here? That would be a break from the status quo of him as a HC.

Sort of? I guess?

That sounds awful. I would be very mad!

underrated29
01-09-2017, 01:51 AM

But Rivers had career years under him. That's a huge plus, there's no two ways about it.

So he's the reason they've been bad? Even though the offense, in shambles, has been very good?

Sure, but again, who says he has to call the plays here? That would be a break from the status quo of him as a HC.

Sort of? I guess?

If he's the OC he will be calling plays!
Did he really? How much better prior to McCoy? And schedule is a major factor.
No he is not and the offense has not been in shambles either. They've lost an incredible amount f OL, but woodshed was lost near end of the year. Same goes for Gordon. Gates misses time like all players do but Henry and Ladarius more then filled in. In fact, Keenan Allen is the only actual playmaker they've lost on offense for considerable time.
Again, as the OC here he would be calling plays again, like he did when he was here, and unlike what he did in San Diego. Again, he did not call the plays in San Diego.

Sure some succes must be attributed to him, but most goes to their OC, which was not McCoy.

underrated29
01-09-2017, 01:53 AM
I'll add, I like McCoy as everything but OC. I said as much when we let him interview for HC. I think he has a great feel for his players. I really do. But he can't call an offense for shit. He should never be allowed in that role for us again. I'm fine with him in most other capacities.

Poet
01-09-2017, 02:04 AM
If he's the OC he will be calling plays!
Did he really? How much better prior to McCoy? And schedule is a major factor.
No he is not and the offense has not been in shambles either. They've lost an incredible amount f OL, but woodshed was lost near end of the year. Same goes for Gordon. Gates misses time like all players do but Henry and Ladarius more then filled in. In fact, Keenan Allen is the only actual playmaker they've lost on offense for considerable time.
Again, as the OC here he would be calling plays again, like he did when he was here, and unlike what he did in San Diego. Again, he did not call the plays in San Diego.

Sure some succes must be attributed to him, but most goes to their OC, which was not McCoy.

I'm talking about him as HC, fam.

Magnificent Seven
01-09-2017, 02:19 AM
Just wanted to share this cool photo of Broncos' Head Coaches.

dogfish
01-09-2017, 02:21 AM

Sort of? I guess?

allow me to explain. . . mike mccoy is U29's cleveland. . .

dogfish
01-09-2017, 02:21 AM
You brat.....it's cool that you had some but did you really have to share that?

yep. . . and they were gooood, too. . .

Dapper Dan
01-09-2017, 02:25 AM
Just wanted to share this cool photo of Broncos' Head Coaches.

I feel like we've had the technology for full color photographs longer than they're implying.

Poet
01-09-2017, 02:30 AM
allow me to explain. . . mike mccoy is U29's cleveland. . .

Dogfish, I want GB's Bennett. He's a great playcaller, has loads of experience, has charisma, he's young.

Call JFE and let him know.

VonDoom
01-09-2017, 09:31 AM
If McCoy ends up back here I will meltdown.

If the Broncos hire Vance Joseph as their new head coach following a Tuesday interview, one of the franchise’s former offensive coordinators may be coming with him.

A source told Sporting News on Sunday that Joseph has spoken with Mike McCoy about returning to the Mile High City in the same role.

McCoy’s work with the Broncos and success with quarterbacks who had very different styles — Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning — helped him parlay four seasons as a Broncos assistant into becoming the Chargers' head coach in 2013. McCoy lasted four years in the position before being fired Jan. 1 at the conclusion of a 5-11 campaign.

Sporting News reported last week that McCoy was mulling several coaching opportunities and was including family considerations in the evaluation process. McCoy also must be comfortable working with someone with whom he has no previous experience.

While Joseph is considered a lock within league circles, there is the possibility that tepid local support for his hiring could cause the Broncos to shift to another candidate to replace Gary Kubiak, who resigned last Monday because of health concerns. Joseph’s injury-riddled Dolphins defense allowed the most yards in franchise history and was butchered by the Steelers in Sunday’s 30-12 playoff loss.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-rumors-vance-joseph-denver-broncos-head-coach-mike-mccoy-offensive-coordinator/1v4f67sw0gge51ub02xzgumvsc

Cugel
01-09-2017, 12:10 PM
"We've gone from suck to blow." -- George Costanza.

underrated29
01-09-2017, 01:30 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-rumors-vance-joseph-denver-broncos-head-coach-mike-mccoy-offensive-coordinator/1v4f67sw0gge51ub02xzgumvsc

I wasn't on the Joseph wagon but now I'm off of it.

underrated29
01-09-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm talking about him as HC, fam.

Oh, got ya. I'd prefer others but I'd be fine as long as he's not oc

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2017, 01:37 PM
I just want to keep Wade. I'm extremely worried that whoever we hire will let Wade go. The way I look at it, if we keep Wade it's a reload season. Fix the offense and compete next year. If we lose Wade, now the defense is in flux also (may have to learn a new system even if it's the 3-4 alignment). This makes it more of a rebuild than a reload which I don't think is necessary.

NightTerror218
01-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Rumor has it that Raiders are looking at Wade.

DenBronx
01-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Rumor has it that Raiders are looking at Wade.

Just based on that fact alone we need to retain Wade. It would be a travesty if we not only lose him but he goes to an up an coming hated rival.

NightTerror218
01-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Just based on that fact alone we need to retain Wade. It would be a travesty if we not only lose him but he goes to an up an coming hated rival.

Why coach hiring has to happen fast before contract is up.

VonDoom
01-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Schefter apparently told 104.3 The Fan that the Broncos were "highly impressed" with Kyle Shanahan's interview

Davii
01-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Why coach hiring has to happen fast before contract is up.

I think if Wade goes anywhere else it'll be DC.

dogfish
01-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Schefter apparently told 104.3 The Fan that the Broncos were "highly impressed" with Kyle Shanahan's interview

*fingers crossed*

Rick
01-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Elway: Well Kyle, what is your plan for the offense?

Kyle: Well, in a nutshell I intend to score points! That line on each side of the field, that is an end zone. Let's try crossing it.

Elway: Holy shit, we can do that??

Elway: Well VJ, what is your plan for the defense?

VJ: Well, in a nutshell I intend to let the other team score points! That line on each side of the field, that is an end zone. Let's try letting them cross that.

Elway: ...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2017, 09:41 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/the-good-and-bad-of-toub-shanahan-joseph/384582131

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Many from last week and over the weekend may have Miami Dolphins head coach Vance Joseph as the leading candidate for the Denver Broncos head coach opening, but Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan might have pulled within striking distance.

According to “C.J. and Stokley” co-host Brandon Stokley, sources said Shanahan “impressed” during his meeting with the Broncos brass on Saturday in Atlanta.

“From people that I hear from, that interview, Kyle knocked it out of the park. He was unbelievable,” Stokley said Monday.

Mike Klis, 9News Broncos Insider, said that Denver’s executive group, including general manager John Elway, met with Shanahan for four hours Saturday morning and although he was not privy to Shanahan’s pitch, Stokley said the Broncos presumably took a liking to the 37-year-old’s blueprint for improving Denver’s offensive attack along with developing its first-round draft pick, quarterback Paxton Lynch.

“I think he had a great plan in place, and they were really taken back by his plan of what he thinks the Denver Broncos will be in the future and how he will run that franchise,” Stokley said.

Shanahan’s Falcons finished No. 2 in the NFL in total offensive yards (6,653) while the Broncos ranked No. 27 (5,169) in 2016. Atlanta also finished No. 3 in passing yards (4,725), No. 5 in rushing yards (1,928), and first in points scored (540).

rest - http://1043thefan.com/153419/broncos-impressed-kyle-shanahan/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2017, 10:02 PM
A few moments ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter joined D-Mac and Big Al on 104.3 The Fan and had some interesting notes on the Denver Broncos Head Coaching search.

As we know, there are plenty of reports/rumors out there pointing at Miami Dolphins Defensive Coordinator Vance Joseph being the favorite for the Broncos job, but Adam Schefter says he isn't hearing the same and isn't that camp.

Schefter then stated that he "knows for a fact" and emphasized "for a fact" that the Broncos decision-makers came away highly impressed with Atlanta Falcons Offensive Coordinator Kyle Shanahan after his interview this past Saturday. Schefter didn't state that Kyle was the front runner, but seemed to throw some water on the Vance Joseph fire, and spark the Kyle Shanahan talk.

ESPN's Jeff Legwold was a bit more direct when he told KOA's Andy Lindahl that Kyle Shanahan is the top candidate AND the current leading candidate for the Denver Broncos Head Coaching job.

These are the first reports about Kyle Shanahan actually being the front-runner for the job, and it is coming from two of the best when it comes to covering the Broncos.

Now, the Broncos do have Vance Joseph coming in for an official interview tomorrow and everything could change after that too, so we shall see.

If you are like me and want to see Kyle Shanahan being the next Denver Broncos Head Coach, you should be at least a little excited about Schefter's and Legwold's reports.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/9/14219380/adam-schefter-says-the-broncos-were-highly-impressed-with-kyle

VonDoom
01-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

To me its simple: If Vance Joseph leaves today without offer focus will turn to Kyle Shanahan as HC. If Joseph stays he's the guy. #9sports

Nomad
01-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

To me its simple: If Vance Joseph leaves today without offer focus will turn to Kyle Shanahan as HC. If Joseph stays he's the guy. #9sports

What time is the interview?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Adam Schefter
38 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·

‪Dolphins DC Vance Joseph scheduled to interview Thurs with 49ers, per source. But that's if Denver, interviewing Joseph today, lets him go.‬

Freyaka
01-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Adam Schefter
38 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·

‪Dolphins DC Vance Joseph scheduled to interview Thurs with 49ers, per source. But that's if Denver, interviewing Joseph today, lets him go.‬

We should have a good idea one way or another which direction this team is going by later today. I kinda hope he keeps that interview with San Fran personally...

NightTerror218
01-10-2017, 12:08 PM
We should know today

VonDoom
01-10-2017, 04:53 PM
For some reason, the Raiders are letting Bill Musgrave walk. I wouldn't mind him here as the OC.

NightTrainLayne
01-10-2017, 05:06 PM
For some reason, the Raiders are letting Bill Musgrave walk. I wouldn't mind him here as the OC.

Co-signed, depending on what the reason is the Raiders would part ways with him. If it's the normal Raiders stupidity, sign the man. If he was using company computers for child-porn then not so much.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 05:12 PM
We should know today

Maybe not. Cecil Lammey and Brandon Stokley said a little while ago, that if it is Vance, they would probably give him time to have his family come up, and announce it some time after they are here. IMO, what will tell is if Vance shows up in SF for his next interview on Thursday.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Co-signed, depending on what the reason is the Raiders would part ways with him. If it's the normal Raiders stupidity, sign the man. If he was using company computers for child-porn then not so much.

I heard on the radio that the Raider were doing a knee jerk about the play off game and probably ours too, if I was being honest. Hey you QB breaks his leg so fire Musgrave....it could really work for us.

Freyaka
01-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Maybe not. Cecil Lammey and Brandon Stokley said a little while ago, that if it is Vance, they would probably give him time to have his family come up, and announce it some time after they are here. IMO, what will tell is if Vance shows up in SF for his next interview on Thursday.

Unacceptable...I can't wait until Thursday.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 05:52 PM
I feel like I watching my tea pot waiting for the water to boil. I really need to get back to sewing.

Thank you Carol for keeping us informed.....dang pot isn't boiling....:questionmark:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu 4m

so Vance leaves without a deal? does Kyle Shanahan step to the front of the line?

John Elway ‏@johnelway 9m

We enjoyed visiting with Vance Joseph at our facility today. He has great leadership qualities and a strong vision of what it takes to win.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Vance Joseph is to interview in San Diego tomorrow; San Francisco Thursday. #9sports

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m

And now, Vance Joseph heads to the #Chargers for his interview. Interesting.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
With Vance heading to the Chargers tomorrow, it does not appear he was offered a contract with the Broncos, unless he was, but was not satisfied with the contract.

Davii
01-10-2017, 06:21 PM
With Vance heading to the Chargers tomorrow, it does not appear he was offered a contract with the Broncos, unless he was, but was not satisfied with the contract.

Wow. I think Kyle just might be the front-runner... wish I could just call John and ask.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 06:21 PM

I don't want to read too much into this....but I really, really want to read a lot into this. The fact that he is going to SD & SF means nothing is set in stone either way?????

Buff
01-10-2017, 06:23 PM
I don't want to read too much into this....but I really, really want to read a lot into this. The fact that he is going to SD & SF means nothing is set in stone either way?????

I think we can definitely read into this - and I trust Klis as much as any beat writer who said we should read into it... If VJ was our guy - we don't let him move onto his next 2 interviews. Now we root for the Falcons to lose this weekend.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Wow. I think Kyle just might be the front-runner... wish I could just call John and ask.

I wish you could too.... Even if they offer it to him in the end it seems like a good thing that he isn't picking out curtains just yet. Maybe Kyle made it a lot harder to choose and they need time to go over each coach to figure out what will be the best fit.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Cecil and Brandon stated that if Vance was the guy, they would assume he would be offered a contract immediately, and expected to be here real soon, as off season things such as getting ready for the draft, etc. start immediately. If it is Kyle, or the guy with KC, that would have to wait until they are out of the playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 06:27 PM
I think we can definitely read into this - and I trust Klis as much as any beat writer who said we should read into it... If VJ was our guy - we don't let him move onto his next 2 interviews. Now we root for the Falcons to lose this weekend.

I agree with this.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Mike Costa ‏@costa1360 29m

Hmmm...Raiders OC Bill Musgrave not coming back, HC Jack Del Rio past relationship with...MIKE MCCOY! Don't be surprised if this happens...

VonDoom
01-10-2017, 06:43 PM

If we ultimately have a handshake deal with Kyle, they can win the Super Bowl for all I care. We can wait a few more weeks, a la the Falcons with Quinn

Buff
01-10-2017, 06:45 PM
If we ultimately have a handshake deal with Kyle, they can win the Super Bowl for all I care. We can wait a few more weeks, a la the Falcons with Quinn

But I don't want to.

Nomad
01-10-2017, 06:47 PM
If Kyle's offense gets dominated by Seahawks defense, do we still want to hire him. :ponder:

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 06:50 PM
If Kyle's offense gets dominated by Seahawks defense, do we still want to hire him. :ponder:

Less so.

Buff
01-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Mike Shanahan's steakhouse in Denver called "Shanahan's" is probably more invested in this outcome than any of us.

Davii
01-10-2017, 07:32 PM
But I don't want to.

Main reason I don't want to is there might be assistant coaches he wants that won't be available by then. It might also cost us Wade if we have to wait and Washington is able to offer him more. Go Seahawks?

Simple Jaded
01-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Shanahan's staff would probably include mostly coaches from Denver's staff (defense) and the Falcons staff (offense). I don't know that there's a big hurry if that's the direction they wanna go. That would be the Falcons problem.

dogfish
01-10-2017, 08:57 PM

come on, let's read into it. . . live a little! :laugh:

dogfish
01-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Shanahan's staff would probably include mostly coaches from Denver's staff (defense) and the Falcons staff (offense). I don't know that there's a big hurry if that's the direction they wanna go. That would be the Falcons problem.

as davii pointed out, it's our problem if we lose wade. . . or bill kollar. . .

spikerman
01-10-2017, 08:58 PM

This is true but hopefully they've already established that Wade is part of the deal.

Slick
01-10-2017, 08:59 PM
I forget where I read it but just because Vance left Dove Valley doesn't necessarily mean he left Denver, and that Elway asked him to stay in Denver tonight.

Slick
01-10-2017, 09:00 PM
... and if they wait for Kyle, Wade could get scooped up in the meantime.

MOtorboat
01-10-2017, 09:01 PM
I forget where I read it but just because Vance left Dove Valley doesn't necessarily mean he left Denver, and that Elway asked him to stay in Denver tonight.

It's been reported that he is staying the night. I've seen it from multiple trusted sources, Klis, Lombardi, etc.

dogfish
01-10-2017, 09:07 PM
This is true but hopefully they've already established that Wade is part of the deal.

a guy can hope!

Freyaka
01-10-2017, 09:09 PM

He's got an interview with San Diego tomorrow morning.

CoachChaz
01-10-2017, 09:10 PM
During interviews, coaching candidates will typically list 2 or 3 preferential options/choices for their coordinator positions. If, during Kyle's interview, he listed Wade...that could be a good sign. Or maybe he listed someone else and was able to sell Elway and Co. on it.

This team doesnt live or die based on Wade Phillips.

spikerman
01-10-2017, 09:12 PM
During interviews, coaching candidates will typically list 2 or 3 preferential options/choices for their coordinator positions. If, during Kyle's interview, he listed Wade...that could be a good sign. Or maybe he listed someone else and was able to sell Elway and Co. on it.

Over the past two years it did.

dogfish
01-10-2017, 09:13 PM

or anyone else. . .

Slick
01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Sure, Wade isn't the end all be all of defensive coordinators but he and the current group of coaches got this defense playing better than any other Denver D in my lifetime. Of course I'm sentimental and will hope Denver can keep that staff together for a little while longer.

Slick
01-10-2017, 09:27 PM
He's got an interview with San Diego tomorrow morning.

Yes. We know.

Davii
01-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Yes. We know.

But did you know he'll be in San Francisco Thursday? I'm here already, I'll go spy and see what I can find.

Nomad
01-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Well, you all can forget about Sean McDermott because the Bills is gonna snag him up.....:hand: it's too late.

dogfish
01-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Well, you all can forget about Sean McDermott because the Bills is gonna snag him up.....:hand: it's too late.

i think he's a hell of a coach, but i wouldn't want a strict 4-3 coach coming in here anyways, so no biggie. . . i do think he'll do well there, IF he can somehow get past the obvious curse on that organization. . .

TXBRONC
01-10-2017, 09:58 PM

If you have his phone number you could call and ask but, I can't promise he'll answer. :D

Freyaka
01-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Yes. We know.

Pin a rose on your fricken nose then...

chazoe60
01-10-2017, 10:31 PM
What's the latest on this? Did VJ leave without a contract? The vast majority of the guys on the radio seemed to think that if VJ left without a contract that it would point to a Kyle Shanahan hiring.

Nomad
01-10-2017, 10:31 PM
i think he's a hell of a coach, but i wouldn't want a strict 4-3 coach coming in here anyways, so no biggie. . . i do think he'll do well there, IF he can somehow get past the obvious curse on that organization. . .

I was kidding my friend :D. I just saw the report he's heading to the Bills.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted
Steve Cox ‏@SteveCoxDenver 16m

Broncos contingent of Elway, Russell, Thewes with Vance Joseph spotted tonight at Elway's Cherry Creek.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted

Broncos contingent of Elway, Russell, Thewes with Vance Joseph spotted tonight at Elway's Cherry Creek.

The steak is good.

Nomad
01-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Stalkers. :lol:

Nomad
01-10-2017, 10:36 PM
The steak is good.

Whose is better.....Shanahan's or Elway's?

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 10:37 PM

Tough one. Shanahans. Both restaurants are top notch.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted

I figured when he spent the night they were waiting to make their announcement in the am... I know this is stupid but I'm feeling better about them going to Elways. It's a really nice dinner but usually when they are doing serious "work" talk they go to Cherry Hills for privacy.

At this point I've made peace that Vance is our coach and Wade is gone. If it's different than this then I can be really happy.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 10:52 PM

Would be awesome if he took him to Shanahan's instead. Like...here's ur hint bro.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Ok I just saw this on twitter not sure anyone posted it yet:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h3 hours ago
V. Joseph staying in Denver as was plan. Will fly to SD for Chargers tomoro. It's possible, he & Broncos continue to communicate. #9sports

Al & DMac sucked me in thinking that they were making all kinds of plans talking about cordinators....so we are not the only ones guessing....:lol:

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Would be awesome if he took him to Shanahan's instead. Like...here's ur hint bro.

Elway is probably using his discount to feed everyone....:lol: Or making a few bucks on the Broncos dime....either way it's a win...win.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Elway is probably using his discount to feed everyone....:lol: Or making a few bucks on the Broncos dime....either way it's a win...win.

V Joseph: "So John, what's good?"

Elway (thinks about stalled inventory): "There's an excellent red we should try."

Simple Jaded
01-10-2017, 11:01 PM

I think both wanna stay, otherwise Wade could already leave. Knock on wood.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Could be nothing more than Elway & Co. taking him out to dinner, since they knew he was going to spend the night here, rather than expecting him to just go back to his hotel. Just possibly Matt Russell suggested it, as he was on the team with Joseph at CU. Guess we will find out if that is all it was.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Could be nothing more than Elway & Co. taking him out to dinner, since they knew he was going to spend the night here, rather than expecting him to just go back to his hotel. Just possibly Matt Russell suggested it, as he was on the team with Joseph at CU. Guess we will find out if that is all it was.

I think you are right.

Poet
01-10-2017, 11:24 PM
If VJ gets hired and Wade stays none of us are going to be mad. If Wade leaves but he bags another experienced DC who is a stud we're not going to be too mad, either.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Good point Carol....I forgot that Matt Russell and Vance were on the same CU team.

I hope they pick a coach that lasts for a long time.

pnbronco
01-10-2017, 11:34 PM
If VJ gets hired and Wade stays none of us are going to be mad. If Wade leaves but he bags another experienced DC who is a stud we're not going to be too mad, either.

I think you're right Von. I heard today that Wade wants a pay raise and another team could give him a good one. On the other hand one of the radio stations, I can't remember which one, said that several D Bronco players would be really happy with Joe Woods. He has worked in this system as the Defensive back Coach and could continue it...so that helped me feel better too.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2017, 11:36 PM
several D Bronco players would be really happy with Joe Woods

It's nice to hear that...but results are results.

underrated29
01-10-2017, 11:54 PM
If VJ gets hired and Wade stays none of us are going to be mad.

Ehem...

Whose the OC?

Hawgdriver
01-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Ehem...

Whose the OC?

Russell and VJ know this guy, a buddy...

pnbronco
01-11-2017, 12:17 AM
speak fo yoself, honky!

:lol:

I will be really, really sad....and if the performance goes down that will turn into anger....but I'm trying to stay positive, hopeful....zen like....not nuts

you will need to talk me down....you know that right????

pnbronco
01-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Ehem...

Whose the OC?

now you know why I was nuts on Sunday.....:rant:

Does it help at all to find out that Bill Musgrave will be coming available?

dogfish
01-11-2017, 12:23 AM
I will be really, really sad....and if the performance goes down that will turn into anger....but I'm trying to stay positive, hopeful....zen like....not nuts

you will need to talk me down....you know that right????

i deleted that, i mis-read the kingster's post. . .

i will always talk you down, as long as i'm not freaking out too bad myself. . . :laugh:

underrated29
01-11-2017, 12:32 AM
No good. Word is musgrave was very conservative at times. Passed when should have ran, etc. I don't know much about him. I do know much about McCoy and that enough to make me never want him near our OC ever ever again

MOtorboat
01-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Mike F McCoy.

Mark it.

Poet
01-11-2017, 01:23 AM
Ehem...

Whose the OC?

McCoy.

spikerman
01-11-2017, 06:27 AM
...several D Bronco players would be really happy with Joe Woods.

I remember the players singing Slowik's praises too. :D

underrated29
01-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Mike F McCoy.

Mark it.

McCoy.

I will lose my shit.
Someone posted all of mccoys offenses even with delholme.....it was bob slowick esqe, aside from Peyton's 1 year.....which we already know it was Peyton's offense. Remember me saying I told you so about this chump

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h

After visiting with Broncos yesterday, Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is flying today to San Diego to meet with the Chargers, per source.

VonDoom
01-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Klis:

I am expecting John Elway to make Vance Joseph an offer this morning. #9sports

Buff
01-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Klis:

I am expecting John Elway to make Vance Joseph an offer this morning. #9sports

Well that's something. I guess dinner went pretty well.

CoachChaz
01-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Well that's something. I guess dinner went pretty well.

It was the shots they had after dinner

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 34s

Sources: #Dolphins DC Vance Joseph is back in the #Broncos building. He hasn’t left town. And now may not.

CoachChaz
01-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Game over

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos talking directly w Joseph with expectation offer will be made to prevent him from leaving acc to multiple sources. @DenverChannel

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Alright klis was right, I was wrong.

Coach Joseph has my full support until proven otherwise. Looks like we can get past the bickering (which was as bad as the election) and get back to taking football.

*edit* and really, as long as Mike McCoy doesn't tag along for the ride, he's just as likely as Taub or Shanny to succeed...I just badly do not want McCoy. His offense is terrible...

Nomad
01-11-2017, 11:42 AM
It was the shots they had after dinner

I heard it was the entertainment, plus shots, at Shotgun Willie's. :D

pnbronco
01-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Well no more waiting and that's good.

slim
01-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Alrighty then.

MasterShake
01-11-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm fine with the pick. I wanted Shannahan but Elway has earned some capital with me as far as his decisions go. Plus it sounds like Vance Joseph can lead the locker room which is a big plus. The coordinators are going to be the key for the offense anyway, hopefully Vance picks some good ones. I hope this means Wade is staying?

Buff
01-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Alright klis was right, I was wrong.

Coach Joseph has my full support until proven otherwise. Looks like we can get past the bickering (which was as bad as the election) and get back to taking football.

*edit* and really, as long as Mike McCoy doesn't tag along for the ride, he's just as likely as Taub or Shanny to succeed...I just badly do not want McCoy. His offense is terrible...

*Ahem*

So one might go so far as to say I was right and you were wrong then too? :elefant:

Slick
01-11-2017, 02:12 PM
The meltdowns over on Orange Mane are entertaining.

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 02:18 PM
The meltdowns over on Orange Mane are entertaining.

Happening on bc too.I guess I don't get the freak out personally. No he wasn't my ideal choice, no I'm not sold on the guy, but freaking out changes nothing. He's still the coach from all reports so I'll give my support to him because I trust elway.

Magnificent Seven
01-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17m17 minutes ago
Broncos closing in on a deal to make Vance Joseph their HC

CoachChaz
01-11-2017, 02:24 PM
I guess people get enamored with a name and let it ride from there. If Kyle's last name was something else, I wonder how many people would "melt down" over a VJ signing. No doubt he's a good OC, but that means nothing when it comes to being a head coach. Hell...how many times did Belichik fail before he became what he is?

Slick
01-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Happening on bc too.I guess I don't get the freak out personally. No he wasn't my ideal choice, no I'm not sold on the guy, but freaking out changes nothing. He's still the coach from all reports so I'll give my support to him because I trust elway.

Right, support him until he gives us a reason not to. Now we can turn our attention to who the coordinators will be. I think it's safe to say Vance is a done deal at this point.

Slick
01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
I guess people get enamored with a name and let it ride from there. If Kyle's last name was something else, I wonder how many people would "melt down" over a VJ signing. No doubt he's a good OC, but that means nothing when it comes to being a head coach. Hell...how many times did Belichik fail before he became what he is?

People have their favorites and sometimes lose the ability to think clearly or be open to other possibilities.

Like you and NTL have pointed out, I like that it looks like we're getting a guy to run the team and that will defer to the coordinators for the X's and O's.

Northman
01-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Exactly.

Which is why i used an example of McDaniels. Good OC, terrible HC.

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Right, support him until he gives us a reason not to. Now we can turn our attention to who the coordinators will be. I think it's safe to say Vance is a done deal at this point.

I agree. That's the stance I adopted when it officially happened. It's pointless to do otherwise, you can't change the situation, don't let it get you worked up. Who knows, this could end up being a good hiring. Just because I don't personally see the potential, doesn't mean it isn't there and that Elway didn't see it. I trust Elway, we'll be alright.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

Broncos have reached agreement in principle on 4-year contract with Vance Joseph as new head coach. #9sports

Magnificent Seven
01-11-2017, 02:52 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL: Vance Joseph is our new Broncos Head Coach!

Freyaka
01-11-2017, 02:53 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL: Vance Joseph is our new Broncos Head Coach!

Alright, now lets get the rest of the coaching staff in place and hurry up to the offseason. I'm ready for more #BroncosFootball

Northman
01-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Time to work on the rest of the staff.

Rick
01-11-2017, 03:36 PM
The rule needs to be changed to allow for hiring of coordinators that are still in the playoffs.

It is like they are being punished for their teams success.

It is highly possible either Kyle or McDaniels might not get a team this year when both were the 2 hottest names based off team success.

Slick
01-11-2017, 03:39 PM
The rule needs to be changed to allow for hiring of coordinators that are still in the playoffs.

It is like they are being punished for their teams success.

It is highly possible either Kyle or McDaniels might not get a team this year when both were the 2 hottest names based off team success.

The Falcons waited to get Dan Quinn. Both of those guys will get jobs. The rule is fine.

Rick
01-11-2017, 03:42 PM
The Falcons waited to get Dan Quinn. Both of those guys will get jobs. The rule is fine.

I "think" based on rumors that there will only be openings at SD and SF.

I think SF will wait on one, will SD?

I Eat Staples
01-11-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm underwhelmed by the hire, but I don't hate it or anything. I just feel like it's a downgrade from Kubiak. But you literally can't do better than win the Superbowl in your 1st season as the coach, so I guess it'll be hard to get around that.

Good luck Coach Vance!

pnbronco
01-11-2017, 04:19 PM

For me it has nothing to do with his name. In fact I feel like it was his name that made it harder for him to be taken seriously.

I will never pretend to know the in and outs of football so I can't even begin to understand what's going on in the locker room. What I do know is that our window for our D being this productive is getting smaller and smaller every year. What I saw that was "broken" this year was our production on the O side. Loosing Peyton really exposed the O and their problems. We had 2 rookies that would never have taken the field if Sanchez wasn't so messed up in his head and could have stop fumbling and throwing INTs.

Even with all our problems we were a couple of plays from getting into the playoffs....that's kind of mind blowing when you think how few points we scored the last month, except for the last game. That last game told me that there was some talent....let's face it the Raiders still had most of the same players but had lost their QB....they should of played better since they were playing for the #2 spot and we should have been stomped.

So my logic tells me that bring in someone that understands how to make the O better with what you have. Kyle did that in WA, Atlanta and heck even with Hoyer....he has a body of work that shows what he can do. If the O can produce the D will get to rest and be that powerhouse again. The one thing I know is that winning really cures a lot of internal problems.... Suddenly everyone is happy again and finds a way to work together. I could be wrong but it felt like Kyle is smart enough to know to not mess with whats working. Now it feels like we are start over as far HC, O and D cord....and it doesn't always work out. My fear is the D window will close while they find their new rhythm.

I understand that Elway is bringing in CEO and I think it's safe to assume they have the same vision and will work together.

Cugel
01-11-2017, 05:23 PM

That isn't a ringing endorsement of VJ, because he's never been a head coach before either. I'd say Elway went WAY out on a limb and sawed the limb off.

He's bringing in a guy the fans don't want and not trying to hire a guy the fans DO want. If Kyle Shanahan has real success this year coaching some team there will many reminders of what an idiot Elway is, unless VJ helps the Broncos win more games than wherever Shanahan ends up.

Then they're firing the best DC in football; the guy who was instrumental in the team winning the SB. And to add insult to injury Wade could wind up coaching for the hated Raiders!

No, I'm not at all excited about this hire. I'm not panicking because who knows how Shanahan will do and how Joseph will do? Nobody. How do fans know they're not complaining because the Broncos hired Mike Tomlin, and not Josh McDaniels?

Still, let's all admit that the Broncos off-season moves do not inspire any confidence so far. We'll see how they do in FA.

Cugel
01-11-2017, 05:30 PM
For me it has nothing to do with his name. In fact I feel like it was his name that made it harder for him to be taken seriously.

I will never pretend to know the in and outs of football so I can't even begin to understand what's going on in the locker room. What I do know is that our window for our D being this productive is getting smaller and smaller every year. What I saw that was "broken" this year was our production on the O side. Loosing Peyton really exposed the O and their problems. We had 2 rookies that would never have taken the field if Sanchez wasn't so messed up in his head and could have stop fumbling and throwing INTs.

The window closed when Peyton retired. All the sports commentators were saying this over the summer. I remember hearing last July that the Broncos were not among the top 5 AFC teams and they guy said: "the Broncos have no chance of repeating in the AFC unless they get just a lot better play out of their QB than we have any reason to expect."

That was before the OL turned into a walking turnstile.

4 teams in NFL history have won SBs with great defense and negligible offense: '85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs and 2015 Broncos. None repeated. The Bears and Ravens were the only teams to make the playoffs the next year.

To win multiple championships takes an elite QB. Period. And the Broncos don't have one now. Perhaps Paxton Lynch will develop into such a QB. Maybe not too. Only time will tell if the Broncos need to go back to the well and draft another franchise QB. That's why Elway wants to see Lynch get in there and play.

Nothing else is going to develop him. And Siemian is just never going to be more than Kyle Orton part II. He's good enough to start, but not good enough to win consistently, and especially he can't lift a team and carry them to a Championship like elite QBs do: Aaron Rogers for instance.

Davii
01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
All I can say on not hiring the fan favorite is that it's probably a good thing we don't run the team. Hopefully VJ is the next SB winning Bronco coach

Buff
01-11-2017, 06:20 PM
That isn't a ringing endorsement of VJ, because he's never been a head coach before either. I'd say Elway went WAY out on a limb and sawed the limb off.

He's bringing in a guy the fans don't want and not trying to hire a guy the fans DO want. If Kyle Shanahan has real success this year coaching some team there will many reminders of what an idiot Elway is, unless VJ helps the Broncos win more games than wherever Shanahan ends up.

Then they're firing the best DC in football; the guy who was instrumental in the team winning the SB. And to add insult to injury Wade could wind up coaching for the hated Raiders!

No, I'm not at all excited about this hire. I'm not panicking because who knows how Shanahan will do and how Joseph will do? Nobody. How do fans know they're not complaining because the Broncos hired Mike Tomlin, and not Josh McDaniels?

Still, let's all admit that the Broncos off-season moves do not inspire any confidence so far. We'll see how they do in FA.

Please do not presume you speak on behalf of all fans. And quit citing the GD Joe Thomas non-trade as a misstep when we WON THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL.

Timmy!
01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Please do not presume you speak on behalf of all fans. And quit citing the GD Joe Thomas non-trade as a misstep when we WON THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL.

You're wrong buff. If the Broncos did what the majority of fans want we would go 19-0 every year. It's science.

dogfish
01-11-2017, 08:51 PM

check out that stern tone. . . buff's really taking this parenting thing to heart. . . :D

spikerman
01-11-2017, 09:16 PM
More than the VJ hire I'm most perplexed by the Broncos' apparent desire to get rid of Wade. I can only assume something is going on behind the scenes. Elway should give Phillips a job for life.

pnbronco
01-11-2017, 09:29 PM
More than the VJ hire I'm most perplexed by the Broncos' apparent desire to get rid of Wade. I can only assume something is going on behind the scenes. Elway should give Phillips a job for life.

Me too spiker....it feels like the other shoe has dropped. BTW not that it really means anything but the poll on channel 4 had the 3 coaches and 90% want Kyle....it's more than just a few.

TXBRONC
01-11-2017, 10:41 PM

Are you sure you want to call Elway an idiot? Idiot GM's don't last long in this League and sure don't go the playoffs five straight seasons and win a Super Bowl in that stretch.

NightTerror218
01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
From what i have read vance had the job last go around and then kubiak came into picture.

I Eat Staples
01-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Wade is gone because coaches always want to bring in their friends as coordinators. So many coaches and coordinators get jobs they don't deserve just by knowing people and being around the game for a while.

I have an open mind for VJ, but getting rid of Wade (assuming it's even his call) is a pretty bad start. Not surprising either.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Wade is gone because coaches always want to bring in their friends as coordinators. So many coaches and coordinators get jobs they don't deserve just by knowing people and being around the game for a while.

I have an open mind for VJ, but getting rid of Wade (assuming it's even his call) is a pretty bad start. Not surprising either.
Wade is also 70 years old. That might have something to do with it

I Eat Staples
01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Wade is also 70 years old. That might have something to do with it

I heard Wade himself wanted to return, though. I don't think he's retiring.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-12-2017, 11:04 AM
I heard Wade himself wanted to return, though. I don't think he's retiring.

I'm suggesting it might have something to do with them not wanting him back.

Northman
01-12-2017, 11:11 AM
I think the thing with Wade can be a few different things.

1) Ive heard he wanted more money and another team might be offering that.
2) Its possible that because of his age the team simply wants to move on.
3) VJ may just want to install his own staff like most coaches do.
4) Wade might feel upset that he wasnt given an opportunity to interview for HC.

I think all of those may have played a part in him leaving.

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

Broncos RB Eric Studesville has interview scheduled with Jets for their offensive coordinator position, per source. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos LB coach Reggie Herring, DB coach Joe Woods will be candidates for DCoordinator if Wade Phillips moves on as expected. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Broncos interviewing Mike McCoy here as I tweet, Bill Musgrave tomorrow morning for Offensive coordinator. #9sports

Rick
01-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Good for Studesville to have an opportunity for a promotion and good on the Broncos for letting him have the attempt.

Poet
01-12-2017, 03:51 PM
From what I have read, Musgrave is good with young QB's. Maybe he can make TS look like a real QB, or help the talented guy out.

I Eat Staples
01-12-2017, 03:57 PM
I'd like Musgrave.

No clue why we'd promote from within for DC instead of keeping Wade.

Cugel
01-12-2017, 04:23 PM
I'd like Musgrave.

Because Defensive Secondary Coach Joe Woods is considered by NFL insiders, as well as Elway, as an up and coming coach in the NFL. If they don't promote him, they could lose him to some team willing to promote him to DC. The Raiders did exactly the same thing. They got rid of OC Bill Musgrave and promoted QB coach Todd Downing, who the Broncos wanted to interview as a possible OC.

Now Musgrave is potentially coming here. He's interviewing today in Dove Valley for the OC job:

Of course, Raiders are happy to see Musgrave go.

In a surprising move, the Oakland Raiders did not renew the contract of OC Bill Musgrave. Quarterbacks coach Todd Downing assumes the role of Offensive Coordinator. While this is news is initially stunning, his departure confirms the beliefs of many. Much of Oakland’s success is due to the gray matter between the ears of MVP candidate Derek Carr, not Musgrave.

The answer is Musgrave didn’t always have the greatest grasp on what was happening in real-time. Perhaps like much of Raider Nation, head coach Jack Del Rio grew increasingly tired of watching screen passes. Or the nonstop underneath crossing routes dialed up for third and long. Perhaps, watching his Pro Bowl bell cow Latavius Murray put the team on his back and carry them into the endzone. Suddenly, Murray stopped touching the ball. The smart money would set on losing the division title by allowing a team to keep ten men in the box all game long. Musgrave became his own worse enemy.

On the other hand, maybe Del Rio didn’t make the decision. Raiders owner Mark Davis appeared angry when franchise jewel Derek Carr broke his leg. Television cameras caught Davis showering Musgrave with obscenities from the owner’s box on Christmas Eve. “What the (expletive) are you doing!” “You don’t throw the (expletive) ball there!”

Up 19 with 11 minutes to go in the third quarter makes Davis right. For the purpose of burning the clock, this football team with the lead was unable to pound the rock in order to close out games. Musgrave seemed content to allow defenses to dictate to him, instead of taking the fight to them. Amari Cooper is the most dynamic wide receiver the Oakland Raiders have. Yet, his inexplicable slump this year is partially attributed to lack of creativity in the way Musgrave called plays.

Generally speaking, Bill Musgrave’s tenure in Oakland needs positive acknowledgement. He is an upgrade over Greg Olson and guided Derek Carr during his formative year. However, his conservative nature ended up as his downfall. Todd Downing inherits a strong offense. It’s time to see if he learned from Musgrave’s errors.

IT doesn't look like the Raiders got rid of Musgrave because his vanilla offenses weren't good enough, but because Raiders owner Davis blamed Musgrave for Carr's injury, which is ridiculous. Presumably Carr could have been injured on any given play. It's an accident.

Davii
01-12-2017, 04:37 PM
I'd like Musgrave.

Why is everyone insistent on us "getting rid of" Wade, "not keeping Wade", etc?

Wade was a free agent and there is a VERY good chance this was Wade's choice and not the choice of the Broncos. He can go to Washington and work with his son, he can go to LA and live near his daughter, etc. Both teams will pay him more than we will. The buzz is that Wade wanted to be the highest paid coordinator in the league, if true he probably priced himself out of a Bronco's job.

I don't know this for fact, only Wade and the organization know, but you also have no clue whether there was even a possibility he could be retained or if it was ENTIRELY his choice to move on.

BroncoJoe
01-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Wade helped us win us a Championship. I'll be eternally grateful.

However, no man is irreplaceable. Except me, of course.

I Eat Staples
01-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Wade was a free agent and there is a VERY good chance this was Wade's choice and not the choice of the Broncos. He can go to Washington and work with his son, he can go to LA and live near his daughter, etc. Both teams will pay him more than we will. The buzz is that Wade wanted to be the highest paid coordinator in the league, if true he probably priced himself out of a Bronco's job.

I don't know this for fact, only Wade and the organization know, but you also have no clue whether there was even a possibility he could be retained or if it was ENTIRELY his choice to move on.

That's fair, I'm speculating based on what I've been hearing. I kept hearing Wade wanted to remain a Bronco.

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 04:52 PM

I think this is valid. We don't know what went on behind the scenes there. He probably wants a lot of money and I don't know that we'll give it to him. The Rams hired McVay today and they want Wade badly. We'll see. This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement from our new coach, though:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 57m57 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph on Wade. "No one dislikes Wade. That’s a discussion going forward. Wade is a free agent, so he will have options also."

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 22m22 minutes ago

Vance Joseph tells me @nflnetwork he hopes Mike McCoy doesn't leave the building. He'd like to see McCoy as the Broncos OC.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 22m22 minutes ago

Vance Joseph tells me @nflnetwork he hopes Mike McCoy doesn't leave the building. He'd like to see McCoy as the Broncos OC.

I like it-

slim
01-12-2017, 05:22 PM
I like it

What do you like about it?

TXBRONC
01-12-2017, 05:29 PM
I like it-

Is that because it will send Under right over the edge? :D

Traveler
01-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Studesville is interviewing for the OC job with the NYJ. He deserves a chance to advance. As for Wade. I'll just wait to see how this plays out. Hope he stays, but if not we can just promote our DB coach and fulfill the Rooney Rule at the same time. ~Right Freyaka~ :D

MOtorboat
01-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Starting to look like Shanahan isn't going to get a head job this year.

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph letting some coaches know he's going in different direction. Dennison and Barone won't be back @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

There's strong likelihood that Special Teams coach Joe DeCamillis lands elsewhere as well @DenverChannel

ShaneFalco
01-12-2017, 10:02 PM
I think this is valid. We don't know what went on behind the scenes there. He probably wants a lot of money and I don't know that we'll give it to him. The Rams hired McVay today and they want Wade badly. We'll see. This isn't exactly a ringing endorsement from our new coach, though:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 57m57 minutes ago

#Broncos Joseph on Wade. "No one dislikes Wade. That’s a discussion going forward. Wade is a free agent, so he will have options also."
**** joseph and his overrated ass.

Nomad
01-12-2017, 10:05 PM

He'll wait for the Texans job to open.

Rick
01-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Might be the best thing for him*since he didn't get Denver. Next year I could see Indy, Cincy and Carolina as possible openings, all 3 would be a good fit for him.

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Coaching source informs me team finalizing deal with Mike McCoy to become Broncos offensive coordinator. Again. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

With Phillips gone, look for #Broncos to make secondary coach Joe Woods their DC.Players believe he's ready for role @DenverChannel

VonDoom
01-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m9 minutes ago

Broncos source: Special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis leaving to take same job with Jacksonville. He will be missed. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

In case of DeCamillis,Joseph liked him but wanted to interview candidates.Joe D did not want to wait. He's going to #Jaguars @DenverChannel

Simple Jaded
01-12-2017, 11:31 PM

But Brent doesn't like Shanahan's offense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2017, 12:00 AM

Negative, he doesn't like shadows.

Valar Morghulis
01-13-2017, 12:38 AM

Lol Brent will not be there this time next season.fuk Brent

TXBRONC
01-13-2017, 09:41 AM

I wonder what it was that gave Joseph the edge because just looking the resumes of both Kyle Shanahan has had more success than Joseph?

Freyaka
01-13-2017, 10:00 AM
I wonder what it was that gave Joseph the edge because just looking the resumes of both Kyle Shanahan has had more success than Joseph?

If I had to take a stab at it, he probably interviews very well, he's had a history with Wade and Wade probably talked him up.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2017, 11:11 AM
If I had to take a stab at it, he probably interviews very well, he's had a history with Wade and Wade probably talked him up.

I'm sure everyone in the Kubiak staff that worked with him in Houston talked him up. I'm sure he interviews well and was properly horsed up (pun intended) on exactly what to say. Perhaps Elway didn't want another Shanahan as HC? I don't know why he made the choice but it's done. I'm hopeful that VJ can be a good HC and keep us competitive in a suddenly very competitive division. I trust Elway. We just can't afford to have a drop off while guys learn the ropes. Regressing further on offense or defense is unacceptable.

VonDoom
01-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

I'm told Tyke Tolbert will stay as #Broncos WR coach. He turned down an offer to be the Titans WR coach. Great retention for #Broncos.

Nomad
01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Perhaps Kyle didn't have that 'it' factor as a HC, and I'm sure any of the interviewing teams would have loved to have Kyle as their OC. It says something that SF is willing to wait on McDaniels over Kyle. I thought for sure the Shanahan's were heading to SF. We could speculate all day of why, but there's something Kyle is lacking or demanding that teams passed him by.

Cugel
01-13-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm sure everyone in the Kubiak staff that worked with him in Houston talked him up. I'm sure he interviews well and was properly horsed up (pun intended) on exactly what to say. Perhaps Elway didn't want another Shanahan as HC? I don't know why he made the choice but it's done. I'm hopeful that VJ can be a good HC and keep us competitive in a suddenly very competitive division. I trust Elway. We just can't afford to have a drop off while guys learn the ropes. Regressing further on offense or defense is unacceptable.

Regressing on defense is inevitable, even if Wade stayed. 3 previous teams won the SB with great defense and not much offense. None of those defenses stayed at that same level in succeeding years. Players leave, coaches leave. For instance Buddy Ryan left the Bears the next year to become the head coach of the Philadelphia eagles. The '86-'87 Bears still had all those great players, but they never got back to the SB.

Unless Joe Woods is just a undiscovered coaching genius this team is going to get worse on defense next year. Time and losing DeMarcus Ware. Hall of Fame players normally don't fall into your lap like that, any more than a Peyton Manning is normally a FA.

Cugel
01-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Elway understands that the model Denver used to win the 2016 SB cannot be repeated. He wants to create a Dynasty like the Patriots. Well, that requires them to have a top 10 QB. So, everything depends on the development of Paxton Lynch. If he can be coached up into a top 10 QB, fine. If not the team will struggle and Elway will have to go back to the draft for another franchise QB.

Traveler
01-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Elway understands that the model Denver used to win the 2016 SB cannot be repeated. He wants to create a Dynasty like the Patriots. Well, that requires them to have a top 10 QB. So, everything depends on the development of Paxton Lynch. If he can be coached up into a top 10 QB, fine. If not the team will struggle and Elway will have to go back to the draft for another franchise QB.

Agree that Elway had to shift gears. What I'm taking from the hiring of VJ is since he had to go back to the drawing board because of Kubiak's retirement, now was time to start looking at things from a more long term perspective. The offense has regressed so much over the last two years, the team is no longer in win now mode. Hence the purge of mostly all the offensive assistants. Guessing he also recognized he failed to provide adequate offensive talent.

The hiring of such young coaches further validates my assumptions IMO. We require more long term stability and a chance to develop a sense of identity with regards to the offensive staff. If Joe Woods is named DC, we can assume both VJ and Woods should be here a minimum of 4+ years. More than enough time to reboot if Elway can remain patient enough for them to adjust to their new roles.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2017, 01:23 PM
People come in all different forms. My boss isn't as good at communicating with customers as I am, but his ability to grow the company through marketing and networking is impressive.

Norv Turner was a great x and o guy, but never really excelled as a HC.

I like the Joseph hiring. He might even be a better HC than coordinator.

VonDoom
01-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

I'm told Broncos QB coach Greg Knapp has been relieved of his duties.

Cugel
01-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Agree that Elway had to shift gears. What I'm taking from the hiring of VJ is since he had to go back to the drawing board because of Kubiak's retirement, now was time to start looking at things from a more long term perspective. The offense has regressed so much over the last two years, the team is no longer in win now mode. Hence the purge of mostly all the offensive assistants. Guessing he also recognized he failed to provide adequate offensive talent.

The hiring of such young coaches further validates my assumptions IMO. We require more long term stability and a chance to develop a sense of identity with regards to the offensive staff. If Joe Woods is named DC, we can assume both VJ and Woods should be here a minimum of 4+ years. More than enough time to reboot if Elway can remain patient enough for them to adjust to their new roles.

I think it's simpler than this. Sure, Elway wanted a young coach who will be here for a long time, and that applies to Joe Woods too. But, unless this team rights the ship Vance Joseph will NOT be here in 2019. This is a high pressure job, no doubt. Fail to make it to the AFC Championship game (at least) in the next 2 years and he's likely to be fired. This isn't a rebuilding team.

Hypothetical: I don't believe this will happen, but what if? It's 2018 and the Broncos suddenly look like they're falling apart. The defense still has some talented players but defections and injury have taken a toll. They are no longer the "No Fly Zone", they're more like the "Sometimes Fly Zone". The offense still struggles as the OL is still not great. Mike McCoy's offense is pretty vanilla and defenses have no trouble stuffing the Broncos run game. Neither Siemian nor Paxton Lynch is looking like a top 10 QB yet. The team has a disappointing season in a very tough division and fall to 8-8 and fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd straight year.

At that point is Vance Joseph on the hot seat for 2018? Yes. Will he have 1 year to get things straightened out before Elway summons the tumbril to summon Vance to the guillotine? Yes.

Really, there is no such thing as "long term" in the NFL in terms of coaches. Yes, Elway would like to have Vance Joseph turn out to be the next Mike Tomlin, and be the coach for the next 10 years. But, that depends on winning. Lose, and you're out.

Meanwhile having a young Joe Woods as DC sounds nice. But, if he has some real success he'll quickly become a head coaching candidate.

Cugel
01-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Like predicting the sun rising in the east tomorrow, or that OL coach Clancey Barone won't keep his job either, this falls firmly into the "duh!" category.

Freyaka
01-13-2017, 05:32 PM

Crazy to thing we're going to land Musgrave as a QB coach. He can take over OC if McCoy leaves in a year or so.

Ziggy
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Per USA Today's Bronco's Wire late 1/12/17:
The team has “mutually agreed” to part ways with offensive line coach Clancy Barone, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis. A potential candidate to replace him is Jeremiah Washburn. Denver has already received permission from the Dolphins to interview Washburn, according to Klis.

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has also been relieved of his duties. He will be replaced by Mike McCoy, who is finalizing a deal with the Broncos.

According to Klis and KMGH-TV’s Troy Renck, special teams assistant Tony Coakum, offensive line assistant Jim Cregg and tight ends coach Brian Pariani are also gone.

Joe DeCamillis, the team’s special teams coordinator, has left to join the Jaguars. And Denver’s defensive coordinator, Wade Phillips, is leaving to join the Rams.

Eric Studesville, their running backs coach, is set to interview with the Jets for their vacant offensive coordinator position. Quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp has apparently been left in limbo—there have been no reports about his status with the team.

Buff
01-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Per USA Today's Bronco's Wire late 1/12/17:
The team has “mutually agreed” to part ways with offensive line coach Clancy Barone, according to KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis. A potential candidate to replace him is Jeremiah Washburn. Denver has already received permission from the Dolphins to interview Washburn, according to Klis.

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has also been relieved of his duties. He will be replaced by Mike McCoy, who is finalizing a deal with the Broncos.

According to Klis and KMGH-TV’s Troy Renck, special teams assistant Tony Coakum, offensive line assistant Jim Cregg and tight ends coach Brian Pariani are also gone.

Joe DeCamillis, the team’s special teams coordinator, has left to join the Jaguars. And Denver’s defensive coordinator, Wade Phillips, is leaving to join the Rams.

Eric Studesville, their running backs coach, is set to interview with the Jets for their vacant offensive coordinator position. Quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp has apparently been left in limbo—there have been no reports about his status with the team.

Knapp has been released too per Brandon Stokley (weird thing to say) and Cameron Wolfe on twitter. (Oh, and VonDoom's post on this page)

VonDoom
01-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Studesvile is staying as RB coach here

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 22m

RB coach Eric Studesville will remain with Broncos. Great news for CJ and the gang. #9sports

Here is coaching tracker. It is updated when something happens.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/13/denver-broncos-coaching-staff-tracker/

dogfish
01-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 22m

RB coach Eric Studesville will remain with Broncos. Great news for CJ and the gang. #9sports

Here is coaching tracker. It is updated when something happens.

thanks, carol. . . super excited that they're keeping richeson-- he and his staff are criminally underrated. . .

keeping my fingers crossed on bill kollar, who IMO is the most valuable coach on the team now that wade is gone. . .

VonDoom
01-13-2017, 10:16 PM
thanks, carol. . . super excited that they're keeping richeson-- he and his staff are criminally underrated. . .

keeping my fingers crossed on bill kollar, who IMO is the most valuable coach on the team now that wade is gone. . .

Pretty sure most of the defensive staff are safe at this point

Simple Jaded
01-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Did someone post that the Broncos were asking to interview both Washburn's? What would be the point of Jim Washburn? He's a DL coach, and generally a 4-3 (Wide 9) to boot.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Did someone post that the Broncos were asking to interview both Washburn's? What would be the point of Jim Washburn? He's a DL coach, and generally a 4-3 (Wide 9) to boot.

This says only Jeremiah Washburn for OL Coach

chazoe60
01-13-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm happy we're keeping Studesville but I also would have been stoked for him and his family if he would have gotten an OC gig.

pnbronco
01-13-2017, 11:18 PM

Me too Dog.... it's really weird to read this list. I understand with a new Coach comes a new staff, but it's just weird since it's been less than a year since the Broncos won the SB.

chazoe60
01-13-2017, 11:20 PM
Me too Dog.... it's really weird to read this list. I understand with a new Coach comes a new staff, but it's just weird since it's been less than a year since the Broncos won the SB.

Don't worry Pola, we're just over a year away from winning our next one.

pnbronco
01-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Don't worry Pola, we're just over a year away from winning our next one.

It would be great and I would love it. :D

dogfish
01-14-2017, 01:35 AM

i saw that, and it didn't make sense to me either. . . it's one of the reasons i'm still nervous about kollar. . . although, i suppose we could bring washburn in as a pass rush coach, and have him work with OLBs as well as DLs. . . hey, you can never have too many good coaches on your staff, right? especially when the head coach and DC are both relative babies. . .

Pretty sure most of the defensive staff are safe at this point

i hope so. . . still a little concerned that wade might try to poach somebody, though. . . i will feel much better if and when it's formalized that we're retaining kollar and reggie herring. . .

Davii
01-14-2017, 01:43 AM
Can we bring Alex Gibbs back for a season?

Canmore
01-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Can we bring Alex Gibbs back for a season?

You and I wish.

pnbronco
01-14-2017, 06:56 AM
You and I wish.

Plus me three.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 16m

Got this from prominent agent: "Credit Elway for hiring HC quickly so top Asst pool available. SF losing choices by not hiring HC." #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Jeff Davidson coached for Broncos new OC Mike McCoy last year. Both were on John Fox's staff in Carolina, 2007-08. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Jeff Davidson a former Bronco offensive lineman (1990-93). He's about to enter 23rd season as NFL coach. Last year with Chargers. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Vance Joseph continues to assemble All Star staff. Agent source says highly respected Jeff Davidson is expected to be O-line coach. #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39m

Confirmed #Broncos hiring Jeff Davidson as Oline coach. Has worked w McCoy. Also Patriots. More power scheme than zone @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2017, 11:56 AM
some things from article:

One of the most important moves Vance Joseph had to make after hiring offensive coordinator Mike McCoy was figuring out who would be coaching the Denver Broncos’ offensive line. That man is apparently going to be Jeff Davidson, a former Broncos offensive lineman as a player and one of the most highly respected coaches in the league.

In Davidson, the Broncos have a well-respected coach who has won three Super Bowls, all with the Patriots in the early 2000s. Not every offensive line has performed at an exceptional level under Davidson, but he’s known for coaching a power running game. The Broncos obviously need to be more physical up front, and more effective on the whole.

It was apparent as of last season that the Broncos’ scheme either wasn’t befitting of the players, or vice versa. A change in offensive scheme — one that fits the personnel Denver has — could be a huge asset to this team.

Davidson, 49, has a wealth of NFL experience and will be an excellent mentor for an offensive line full of young players. He’s been part of some incredible teams in his time in the NFL, including the three Championship teams and Adrian Peterson’s mind-boggling 2012 season, when he rushed for over 2,000 yards and won NFL MVP over Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

This is an exciting move for the Broncos.

full article - https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/01/14/vance-joseph-makes-critical-hire-jeff-davidson-o-line/

Northman
01-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Hope he can fix that trainwreck of an Oline we got going on right now.

CoachChaz
01-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Opens up a lot more options getting away from the ZBS.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2017, 12:58 PM
from article:

Davidson typically runs a power blocking scheme more than the zone block scheme the Broncos ran under Gary Kubiak over the last two seasons. Joseph has stressed the value of flexibility and adjusting schemes to players rather than the other way around.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/14/jeff-davidson-broncos-offensive-line-coach/

Simple Jaded
01-14-2017, 01:09 PM
That's a solid hire, hope they add Jeremiah Washnurn too. Maybe Chris Kuper instead. All teams carry an assistant OL Coach, Denver should carry four...maybe five.

Makes you wonder why SD let him go.

Simple Jaded
01-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Opens up a lot more options getting away from the ZBS.

Davidson played in Denver's ZBS didn't he?

Rick
01-14-2017, 01:17 PM
If going back to Power might as well bring Vazquez back in for a look.

VonDoom
01-14-2017, 01:24 PM
If going back to Power might as well bring Vazquez back in for a look.

Cameron Wolfe was suggesting that guys like Garcia and McGovern would be better suited to a power based scheme. A guy on the O-Mane had a whole write up about how our line actually looked decent when power blocking a few weeks ago but not as good at our supposed system in the ZBS.

Rick
01-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Yep I agree,*mix those 2 and bring in a vet like Vazquez to compete and you might actually have a good interior.

Tackle still to be determined.

Traveler
01-14-2017, 02:08 PM
That's a solid hire, hope they add Jeremiah Washnurn too. Maybe Chris Kuper instead. All teams carry an assistant OL Coach, Denver should carry four...maybe five.

Makes you wonder why SD let him go.

Did they even interview Washburn?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Vazquez has a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's probably better off not coming back.

Valar Morghulis
01-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Vazquez has a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's probably better off not coming back.

Have you seen his body?

Rick
01-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Conner probably won't be ready right off and would be better rotating in.

Bring Vazquez in for a 1 year deal and rotate Conner in on plays to develop Conner and rest Vazquez would be a good thing.