PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 17 (Raiders week)

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 16h16 hours ago

Broncos having walkthroughs this week instead of full practices.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian will start vs. Raiders this Sunday, but Paxton Lynch will play, per player source. #9sports

Freyaka
12-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 16h16 hours ago

Broncos having walkthroughs this week instead of full practices.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian will start vs. Raiders this Sunday, but Paxton Lynch will play, per player source. #9sports

Yep...We basically are considering this a 5th pre-season game (not that we really treated any game this season like anything other than a meaningless vanilla pre-season game)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 35m

It took Giants fans 15 years out of the postseason (1964-78) to revolt. You're proposing this after one non-playoff season in 6. Spoiled.

James Merilatt @jamesmerilatt
I'm proposing a one-game revolt. The Broncos are giving fans no reason to go to SAF on Sunday. So don't. Seems logical to me.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 42m

No, he has not.

Sean Engelhart @ENGE7HART
@MaseDenver Has Ware given any indication on future plans?

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m

#Broncos Brandon Marshall at practice today. I expect him to play this Sunday. No Wolfe or Derby at workout. @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 34m

Jack Del Rio on conf. call here asked if he can do everything he wants on offense w/ Matt McGloin: "Well, we're getting ready to find out."

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 02:56 PM
TV maps are up. Most of the country will get to see a team that is out of the playoffs play a team with a backup QB:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=17

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak: "I think Trevor deserves the right to go back out there as a starter." Both will play.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian on wanting to get the taste of last Sunday out of his mouth: "I'd like to play today, truthfully."

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 03:13 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 32m32 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I think Virgil (Green) has an excellent chance to get here Sunday." ... concussion

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33m33 minutes ago

Kubiak said Lynch and Siemian are "both part of the future."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34m34 minutes ago

#Broncos @DeMarcusWare dealing with back issue. Doesn't sound good for him playing this week @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37m37 minutes ago

#Broncos added 3 practice squaders and there will be a couple of corresponding transactions @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch said improving footwork,timing remain critical going forward. Knows has work to do looks forward to challenge @DenverChannel

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

#Broncos Lynch said improving footwork,timing remain critical going forward. Knows has work to do looks forward to challenge @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

VIDEO #Broncos @TrevorSiemian looking forward to going out on positive note after poor performance at KC

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34m

Looks good for tight end Virgil Green to play this week for #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 36m

#Broncos Kubiak described play of tackles just like offense "inconsistent".

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41m

#Broncos @DeMarcusWare dealing with back issue. Doesn't sound good for him playing this week @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 42m

#Broncos Kubiak "I am going to play both QBs. I think Trevor deserved right to start. Paxton will play. See how it goes" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m

#Broncos added 3 practice squaders and there will be a couple of corresponding transactions @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 40m

Kubiak said Lynch and Siemian are "both part of the future."

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos are placing OLB DeMarcus Ware on injured reserve with back injury. He played 10 games this season with 4 sacks.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Ware, 34, is a free agent after the season. This could be the end of his time with the Broncos and possibly his career.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Kayvon Webster has battled injuries all season, with hammy now concussion. Going to IR. He's also a free agent after the season.

Nomad
12-28-2016, 03:47 PM
TV maps are up. Most of the country will get to see a team that is out of the playoffs play a team with a backup QB:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=17

A good set of games up here on CBS.....morning and afternoon.

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos promote CB Taurean Nixon and NT Kyle Peko from practice squad to active roster.

NightTerror218
12-28-2016, 04:34 PM

#Broncos promote CB Taurean Nixon and NT Kyle Peko from practice squad to active roster.

Lets go peko.

Freyaka
12-28-2016, 07:26 PM

Why didn't we bring Peko up ages ago? You know instead of 1,900 WR's...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2016, 07:30 PM

Apparently, Peko doesn't have the innate ability to muff/fumble punts. Those are the types of guys we like to have active one game day.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Elway Access: Looking at the big picture
In his weekly interview, John Elway talks about what was missing on this year's Broncos team and what's first on his offseason list.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Access-Looking-at-the-big-picture/d04f629f-7cb2-47c9-a23f-5c08f15341cf

VonDoom
12-28-2016, 07:58 PM

Ever since Kilgo was let go, I always thought Peko would be the next man up. It just never happened for some reason.

NightTerror218
12-28-2016, 11:23 PM
Ever since Kilgo was let go, I always thought Peko would be the next man up. It just never happened for some reason.

Other DL moved into NT spot. Which might have been part of our run defense issue.