PDA

View Full Version : 2016

Shazam!
12-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Good morning fellas, Happy Holidays.

I'm not around too much anymore because of work and my personal life, but I do lurk here and there and read some.

I don't understand all the outrage about this team's state. Sure, Elway and Co. HAVE TO HAD KNOWN the OLine is faulty. I mean, WE DID.

I saw this day coming and I mentally prepared myself. When Peyton Manning retired, this team was not going to just keep rolling. You don't lose a player like that, especially a QB and won't miss him. I was prepared for a terrible season this year, and if they can go 9-7, I'd consider this season a success. Minus Manning.

Even a broken Manning was better than most current qbs in the NFL that aren't the Pats the Pack or Pitt.

I consider myself fortunate that I was able to see a second generation of a Broncos team dominating the NFL and go to Super Bowls.

We are very lucky to not go the way of the 90s Chiefs, who had Joe Cool and could not win it all, or even make the SB. This was probably my greatest fear when they acquired Manning, that Denver will have nothing to show for it.

I remember the 99 Broncos that started 0-4, catastrophic injuries, and they were still predicted by experts and analysts and magazines that they were still a playoff team minus Elway.

Um. No.

We must remember the stretch this team had and it's success. It took this team 40 years to win its first Championship. It took almost twenty more to win another.

A whole new generation of Broncos Fans, those who were too young or not born yet, got to see this team in a dominant era.

Us long time fans got to see a League dominating defense, for those of us who didn't experience the Orange Crush. I will argue that the 15 D was better than 77 because they won a Championship.

It all happens in cycles in sports. Especially when you win.

The Broncos are down again after winning a title.

They'll be back.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Happy New Year.

BigDaddyBronco
12-28-2016, 10:18 AM
That is the downfall of being a dominate team, people get used to it and can't handle mediocrity. I kept telling my wife that I expected the team to be somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6 and that making the playoffs would be a huge accomplishment for this team. We got SB50 so now we just need to rebuild the team. I would be very happy if this team was like the Steelers or Giants where they we usually decent but every few years they had a good enough team that could win it all if it got a few breaks.

Shazam!
12-28-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't get the outrage. SB50 is still fresh.

Peyton Manning ended his career with the Denver Broncos, after slicing and dicing us for the first decade of his career. He will be remembered as a Champion for the BRONCOS, arguably the greatest QB of all time.

That is a privilege to US.

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2016, 10:45 AM
I think for a lot of people there is concern moving forward about the progress of this football team and there should be. The defense has holes. They might be filled and they might not be. The concern is the offense. Denver doesn't know what they have in QB, the running game isn't very good unless CJ is healthy (he may be good for 10 games a year moving forward with the way his body breaks down), the offensive line is porous and shows no sings of improvement, and there's questions regarding the coaching staff on offense as far as developing as well as playcalling.

I didn't think we'd make the playoffs either but I also didn't think the offense would regress as bad as it did throughout the year and we wouldn't have as many questions as we do. There's questions all over on offense moving forward IMO.

Shazam!
12-28-2016, 11:02 AM
I think for a lot of people there is concern moving forward about the progress of this football team and there should be. The defense has holes. They might be filled and they might not be. The concern is the offense. Denver doesn't know what they have in QB, the running game isn't very good unless CJ is healthy (he may be good for 10 games a year moving forward with the way his body breaks down), the offensive line is porous and shows no sings of improvement, and there's questions regarding the coaching staff on offense as far as developing as well as playcalling.

I didn't think we'd make the playoffs either but I also didn't think the offense would regress as bad as it did throughout the year and we wouldn't have as many questions as we do. There's questions all over on offense moving forward IMO.

It should come as a surprise to no one that the offense struggled. Even a broken Manning helped the Offense overcome their deficiencies which were known across the League.

Of COURSE the Defense was going to be as good.

They brought in Sanchez. Mark Sanchez. While I believe he should have succeeded, it was a sign of desperation I think.

Elway will right the ship. He has before. Give them a chance. He brought is to the promised land everyone, it's only one season past. Relax.

weazel
12-28-2016, 11:09 AM
my wish is for Elway to find a team to fleece a great offensive lineman for D Thomas. It won't happen but I can dream

UnderArmour
12-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Here is the problem: Yes, the Broncos won Super Bowl 50, but Kubiak inherited a top 5 offense and since his arrival the problems on OLine and the running game have gotten worse, not better. Last year, it seemed like the most successful the team had was in no-huddle. Bringing back a Mike McCoy in the off-season to coordinate the offense might not be a bad idea, because the current offensive staff is obviously overmatched.

BigDaddyBronco
12-28-2016, 12:42 PM
It should come as a surprise to no one that the offense struggled. Even a broken Manning helped the Offense overcome their deficiencies which were known across the League.

Of COURSE the Defense was going to be as good.

They brought in Sanchez. Mark Sanchez. While I believe he should have succeeded, it was a sign of desperation I think.

Elway will right the ship. He has before. Give them a chance. He brought is to the promised land everyone, it's only one season past. Relax.

Not only did they bring in Sanchez, but they tried to trade for Kaepernick. Thank God that fell apart.

Shazam!
12-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Here's what else Kubiak inherited:

Kubiak inherited a faulty OLine that was exposed by Seattle. The Line was exploited in 2014 and this hindered Manning down the stretch. They were able to hide the OLine problems with smoke and mirrors, a further testament to Manning's greatness. But after letting go of Franklin and Martinez, they were replaced by players that were worse.

They could have kept Clady which was better than the great unknown. I get why, but Okung and Stephenson was not a sure thing.

This team will be a contender again. We all Know What it needs. Elway does too.

EastCoastBronco
12-30-2016, 11:55 AM
my wish is for Elway to find a team to fleece a great offensive lineman for D Thomas. It won't happen but I can dream

Trade a shiny hood ornament for a moose pusher?
Yes...and yes again.

Poet
12-30-2016, 11:58 AM

I hate you. I hate you so much.

weazel
12-30-2016, 12:53 PM
I hate you. I hate you so much.

what is it most, my piercing blue eyes and high cheek bones or my rock hard 8 pack stomach?

Poet
12-30-2016, 01:01 PM
what is it most, my piercing blue eyes and high cheek bones or my rock hard 8 pack stomach?

Look, you might have the body of a Greek Shrek God, but your disrespect of DT and your stupid stupid stupidity makes me hate you.

I'm quitting you forever.

weazel
12-30-2016, 02:15 PM
but I thought we had something special here, I couldn't have been that far off.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2016, 03:11 PM

Buffalo, Cordy Glenn.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Should we trade DT we'll find our pretty quick how overrated Sanders is.....more targets against simpler coverage with the same production. This means DT does as much with less targets against tougher coverage.