PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice, TFS is here to stay

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2016, 04:08 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761274/article/broncos-believe-trevor-siemian-will-be-qb-beyond-2016

Please ignore my troll thread title, just read the article!!!

Northman
12-22-2016, 04:36 AM
Things change and i stand by my stance that Denver will probably move on to Lynch next year otherwise it was a complete waste of a draft pick (unless they feel they can trade him to another team). Either way, they are going to have to address that Oline problem and make it a priority.

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2016, 04:41 AM
Things change and i stand by my stance that Denver will probably move on to Lynch next year otherwise it was a complete waste of a draft pick (unless they feel they can trade him to another team). Either way, they are going to have to address that Oline problem and make it a priority.

I know, "tebow is our starter"....."hello Peyton, goodbye Timmy"

BroncoWave
12-22-2016, 04:58 AM
Unless we see massive improvement from Lynch this offseason, I think Trevor has to be the guy heading into 2017.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Unless we see massive improvement from Lynch this offseason, I think Trevor has to be the guy heading into 2017.

I agree. If Lynch is going to win the starting job it'll be in 2018 IMO. Which will be good timing because we will be at a point where we need to decide if we're resigning Trevor or moving on with Lynch.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Oh, and TFS approves this message

http://i.imgur.com/vA0DYAi.png

chazoe60
12-22-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm fine with this. TS has frustrated me at times but he's also shown flashes of brilliance at times. He is definitely smart and athletic. I hope some of the things that I don't like such as taking the easy throw almost every time, will be fixed as the OL gets fixed. I wouldn't mind seeing what TS can do behind a competent OL.

Northman
12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Somewhere Lynch12 is losing his shit right about now.....

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm fine with this. TS has frustrated me at times but he's also shown flashes of brilliance at times. He is definitely smart and athletic. I hope some of the things that I don't like such as taking the easy throw almost every time, will be fixed as the OL gets fixed. I wouldn't mind seeing what TS can do behind a competent OL.

The thing to think about. A lot of young QB's have a problem with checking down too quickly. This is compounded when you have a horrid o-line. It's not something that a QB cannot grow from especially if they are a smart QB and Trevor has shown at least to me that he has a good understanding of the game.

I am excited to see what he looks like after another offseason taking starter reps, but the checkdown issue, that's something that can be coached out of a young QB.

MasterShake
12-22-2016, 10:00 AM
The beautiful thing is the Broncos can take their time on this. Both Lynch and Siemian are getting paid peanuts while we figure out who is the long-term answer. We don't have to rush anything, and we don't have to put our chips in on someone like Tony Romo. And if Lynch turns out to be the guy, great. We have someone who can steer the ship until then. If not, then we have trade bait. There are several teams that would kill to be in our position. Personally I have become invested in Siemian and I don't know why. You can feel his absence when he misses games and the rest of the team seems to rally around him. What I don't want is another Cutler scenario where "the guy" of the future is put in before he is ready or without earning it. Bottom line is that Siemian has earned the starting QB position until proven otherwise. Now lets spend some money on an O-line!

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 10:04 AM
The beautiful thing is the Broncos can take their time on this. Both Lynch and Siemian are getting paid peanuts while we figure out who is the long-term answer. We don't have to rush anything, and we don't have to put our chips in on someone like Tony Romo. And if Lynch turns out to be the guy, great. We have someone who can steer the ship until then. If not, then we have trade bait. There are several teams that would kill to be in our position. Personally I have become invested in Siemian and I don't know why. You can feel his absence when he misses games and the rest of the team seems to rally around him. What I don't want is another Cutler scenario where "the guy" of the future is put in before he is ready or without earning it. Bottom line is that Siemian has earned the starting QB position until proven otherwise. Now lets spend some money on an O-line!

I know what you mean about becoming invested and not knowing why. Over on the official forums I would mock and sarcastically belittle anyone that suggested in pre-season that Trevor would win the starting job. I was convinced that this was the most absurd notion possible. I figured for sure it would be Sanchez (HA!) or Lynch that would win it. Then about game 3 of the preseason I basically ate my crow and decided I liked our chances with the kid. He's grown on me week by week since then.

VonDoom
12-22-2016, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I fully expect a real QB competition next training camp. There's no need to rush or make a snap judgment, especially now when we're still playing this season. I'm sure the plan was to be ready to play Lynch next year, and that may still happen, but I think Siemian's play (and Lynch's) has left the door open for another year of Siemian. It will be one of those guys, though, which is why I say no to Romo. We need to spend our money elsewhere and see where we're at then.

weazel
12-22-2016, 10:08 AM

I think Lynch sits for another season

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I fully expect a real QB competition next training camp. There's no need to rush or make a snap judgment, especially now when we're still playing this season. I'm sure the plan was to be ready to play Lynch next year, and that may still happen, but I think Siemian's play (and Lynch's) has left the door open for another year of Siemian. It will be one of those guys, though, which is why I say no to Romo. We need to spend our money elsewhere and see where we're at then.

The situation is really an ideal one. If Trevor wins the starting job, and Lynch continues to grow we could end up with Lynch in 2018 and trade Trevor, or we could keep Trevor and trade Lynch. It's really one of the most ideal situations we could possibly be in, we end up with Trevor, who shows promise and a 1st round draft pick that other teams will clamor over simply because of where he was drafted. We get to decide which one we want and we can deal off the other if we choose.

Northman
12-22-2016, 10:30 AM
I dont think you keep a first round QB on the bench for 2 seasons. Its not like he is sitting behind Peyton Manning right now so he isnt going to really learn anything from watching Trevor and its just too much value sitting there when that pick could of been spent on Oline or somewhere else last year. Im not sold that we will have both QB's here next year, yes, North has spoken and made a proclamation. One of those guys will be traded next season.

OrangeHoof
12-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Back in 1971, the Oilers drafted QB Dan Pastorini of Santa Clara in the first round. Two rounds later, they took QB Lynn Dickey of Kansas St. When asked why he took two QBs, the GM said they needed two guys and Dickey was "the best player on the board". Pastorini was the "tools" guy of the two who could throw 70-yd bombs and even served a few years as the punter but he took a terrible beating behind crap lines.

However, it was Dickey that suffered a career-threatening injury in a mop-up role and was out an entire year. A few years later when the Oilers suffered through a 1-13 season, it was Dickey who QB'd their only victory, a win at Baltimore. That was enough to send Dickey to Green Bay where he flourished for a few years as the starter. Pastorini stayed in Houston through 1979 and went to two AFC Championship Games (both losses in Pittsburgh) before he was traded to Oakland and wiped out in a speedboat accident, ushering in the Jim Plunkett Era for the Raiders.

The point in all this is that Houston got value out of both picks. The Broncos have already made their money's worth out of Siemien who was probably never thought of as more than a backup until he got the opportunity. Personally, I think Kubiak designed a passing game to hide TS's shortcomings and the league has now had time and tape to figure out how to beat him.

I'd prefer to shore up the o-line and go into camp next year with Lynch as the starter until he plays his way out of that spot. Lynch has a stronger arm and better mobility. He just needs to sharpen his accuracy and do a better job of reading defenses. Perhaps an offseason at a QB camp or two will help him a lot. With Trevor, I think we've seen his upside.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 10:35 AM
I dont think you keep a first round QB on the bench for 2 seasons. Its not like he is sitting behind Peyton Manning right now so he isnt going to really learn anything from watching Trevor and its just too much value sitting there when that pick could of been spent on Oline or somewhere else last year. Im not sold that we will have both QB's here next year, yes, North has spoken and made a proclamation. One of those guys will be traded next season.

I think it's different when the 1st round QB you drafted came into the league as a 1-2 year project. We knew when we drafted him he wasn't NFL ready as did every scouting report.

On the flip side of your analogy, it's not like we've got an aging QB eating up cap space in front of him that we need him to step up and replace either. With Trevor and Paxton we have two QB's that are taking up next to nothing of our cap. We really can afford to sit on Paxton until he's truly ready to go. He may be ready to go this year, he may never be ready, but him being a 1st round QB isn't going to cause us to jump the gun and rush him to action. We've really got one of the most ideal QB situations you can ask for.

Northman
12-22-2016, 10:45 AM
I think it's different when the 1st round QB you drafted came into the league as a 1-2 year project. We knew when we drafted him he wasn't NFL ready as did every scouting report.

On the flip side of your analogy, it's not like we've got an aging QB eating up cap space in front of him that we need him to step up and replace either. With Trevor and Paxton we have two QB's that are taking up next to nothing of our cap. We really can afford to sit on Paxton until he's truly ready to go. He may be ready to go this year, he may never be ready, but him being a 1st round QB isn't going to cause us to jump the gun and rush him to action. We've really got one of the most ideal QB situations you can ask for.

Technically every new QB is a project. Very few of them come into the league ready to play at a high level. Wentz started out hot and got real cold real fast so its safe to say he is still not quite ready and will need another year or two to fully grasp the speed of the NFL. The only difference there is that Philly decided to run with him from day one so Carson will be a work in progress for the next couple of years unless he regresses even more. The problem for Denver isnt that either player is eating up cap space, but that you have one guy who has more value sitting instead of contributing. I know its not an easy thing to deal with as San Diego had to make a similar choice when they had Brees and Rivers. But Denver is certainly going to have to decide if they want to stick with Siemian or start playing their first rounder so that he can get the live action that he needs to get accustomed to the NFL. I understood that him sitting this year made sense but i really cant see him sitting for another year behind what is the equivalent of another rookie QB. If Denver wants to run with Siemian than great, trade Paxton and get something of value for him that will help the team now. If they stay with Lynch, then see what you can get for Siemian and then sign an actual vet with more experience to back up your young QB.

VonDoom
12-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

Re: Reports on Broncos QB situation. Siemian has been nice surprise but no declarations for next year. Bosses pleased with Lynch. #9sports

I anticipate QB battle next yr with Siemian in lead but let's watch Lynch with full offseason. Bosses love his skill set/attitude. #9sports

Slick
12-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Rather see the guy with the stronger arm and better mobility. Siemian does nothing for me. I don't hate him but I hope he's not starting for Denver long term.

LawDog
12-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Re: Reports on Broncos QB situation. Siemian has been nice surprise but no declarations for next year. Bosses pleased with Lynch. #9sports

I anticipate QB battle next yr with Siemian in lead but let's watch Lynch with full offseason. Bosses love his skill set/attitude. #9sports

Gee Klis, are the bosses really going to say they are disappointed with Lynch? At this point when the only experience he has is being thrown into 2 1/2 games? Even if they think he's a steaming pile of dogshit they aren't going to say so right now. And, of course they love his skill set/attitude, they spent a 1st round pick on him just last year.

My desire is that they run with these two guys until: 1) they use the money being saved on them to invest in the rest of the offense, and 2) one or both of these guys become the problem that is holding the offense back.

chazoe60
12-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Strong arm and mobility are nice but smarts and accuracy are hands down the two most important attributes for a QB. Not saying TS is out of this world in those categories but he is ahead of Lynch in them right now.

MasterShake
12-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Strong arm and mobility are nice but smarts and accuracy are hands down the two most important attributes for a QB. Not saying TS is out of this world in those categories but he is ahead of Lynch in them right now.

Yeah I can think of a couple of games (Pats and KC specifically) where he dropped absolute dimes on receivers only to have them drop the ball.

Poet
12-22-2016, 12:55 PM
I believe that Lynch will become the full time starter sometime next year.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Technically every new QB is a project. Very few of them come into the league ready to play at a high level. Wentz started out hot and got real cold real fast so its safe to say he is still not quite ready and will need another year or two to fully grasp the speed of the NFL. The only difference there is that Philly decided to run with him from day one so Carson will be a work in progress for the next couple of years unless he regresses even more. The problem for Denver isnt that either player is eating up cap space, but that you have one guy who has more value sitting instead of contributing. I know its not an easy thing to deal with as San Diego had to make a similar choice when they had Brees and Rivers. But Denver is certainly going to have to decide if they want to stick with Siemian or start playing their first rounder so that he can get the live action that he needs to get accustomed to the NFL. I understood that him sitting this year made sense but i really cant see him sitting for another year behind what is the equivalent of another rookie QB. If Denver wants to run with Siemian than great, trade Paxton and get something of value for him that will help the team now. If they stay with Lynch, then see what you can get for Siemian and then sign an actual vet with more experience to back up your young QB.

I get what you are saying, but I guess the point i'm getting at is I don't know that letting Paxton ride the pine one more year is going to be detrimental to his value because everyone (GM's for other teams included) knew that he was far more raw than other prospects and was 2 years out most likely. All it will take for him to maintain value is demonstrate growth in the offseason even if he doesn't grow enough to challenge Trevor. What Paxton riding the pine another year MAY do is help us to build up Trevor's stock even high should we decide that we're still going with Lynch in 2018.

The fact that Houston paid what they did for Brock shows that teams are willing to take a huge risk on a potential franchise QB.

NightTerror218
12-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Until something comes from kubiak or elway. I figure it will be an open competition with siemian getting first reps with 1s.

Two young QBs they need all the time to develope as possible. Just wish we had a washed up vet who use to be good behind them rather than davis.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Until something comes from kubiak or elway. I figure it will be an open competition with siemian getting first reps with 1s.

Two young QBs they need all the time to develope as possible. Just wish we had a washed up vet who use to be good behind them rather than davis.

No reason that can't happen in the offseason though. I think Sanchez was intended to be the washed up vet, we just saw an opportunity in trading him to the Cowboys.

dogfish
12-22-2016, 02:49 PM
somewhere, MO is looking for a puppy to kick. . .

dogfish
12-22-2016, 02:50 PM

nostratimmy! >> northstradamus

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 02:59 PM
somewhere, MO is looking for another puppy to kick. . .

FIFY we all know the morning hasn't officially started until MO kicks a puppy.

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Lynch would never start for my team as long as he was sporting the stupid facial hair

MOtorboat
12-22-2016, 03:00 PM
somewhere, MO is looking for a puppy to kick. . .

Nah, I'm good.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Nah, I'm good.

Nevermind, he found the second puppy already. Nothing to see here, move along.

Slick
12-22-2016, 03:44 PM
If Lynch starts next year I hope he gets an equal number of excuses if his offense scores 13 points in 2 games.

Freyaka
12-22-2016, 03:48 PM
If Lynch starts next year I hope he gets an equal number of excuses if his offense scores 13 points in 2 games.

Most people support the team over the player...I am going to give the benefit of the doubt to whomever the QB is out there, be it Trevor, Lynch or someone else. When the line and run game are this crappy, you are going to see poor offensive production. That said, I hope whoever ends up starting next year gets the benefit of good o-line play and a solid running game. Then we won't have to make "excuses" as you call them.

Timmy!
12-22-2016, 04:02 PM
This is not a bad problem to have. Whoever wins the job this offseason/preseason is going to earn it. My $$$ is on both being on the roster through 2017.

dogfish
12-22-2016, 04:06 PM

i don't care if it's lynch, trevor, tony romo or johnny effin' manziel. . . i really hope we can run for better than two yards per carry, regardless of who hands it off. . .

Northman
12-22-2016, 07:09 PM
nostratimmy! >> northstradamus

**** that hack, he piggybacked off me a long time ago. Get with the program Doggy. :tsk:

FanInAZ
12-22-2016, 08:48 PM
Somewhere Lynch12 is losing his shit right about now.....

How can this site go on without his expert prognostication. After all, he's played "organized" football & basketball (did he ever elaborate on the actual level of play and/or positions played). This makes him so much smarter then anyone on this site :D

silkamilkamonico
12-22-2016, 09:12 PM
Count me in on the jury is completely up in the air on if Siemian is even a good QB. He's the QB of an offense that can't score any points and leads the NFL in 3 and outs. That's not even close to being his fault, but at the same time I'm not going to consider him some silver lining in this offense debacle. I'm agreeing with Klis in this one that they will battle in preseason next year, and unless Lynch makes some ginormous strides, I would expect Siemian to be the QB next year. And that's ok - give him a chance with an improved oline and running game. But IMHO we don't even know if he can be a good QB, partially because he really hasn't had the opportunity to be.

Poet
12-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Lynch would never start for my team as long as he was sporting the stupid facial hair

You're so shallow.

Davii
12-22-2016, 10:39 PM

I, personally, hope all those excuses are invalid by that time.

Poet
12-22-2016, 10:41 PM

He's never going to get much benefit of the doubt. It'll be 'hey he's a first rounder' and 'you guys never gave that benefit to TS'....

It's like twilight on this bitch.

Mike
12-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Lynch will get plenty of excuses...he's just gotta show that he is worth the excuses. Denver fans just need to be patient with him. He is a project.

But fans like Lynchwhatthef*** doesn't do him any favors.

Poet
12-22-2016, 11:29 PM
I see into the future, Mike. The ultimate irony will be if he gets the job and people exclaim 'he's not even a rookie he had all last year to learn!' I'll love that part.

Mike
12-22-2016, 11:33 PM
I see into the future, Mike. The ultimate irony will be if he gets the job and people exclaim 'he's not even a rookie he had all last year to learn!' I'll love that part.

As long as he does well, we will go with it. I wish him the best...just like I wish Siemian the best. Neither will do well until the oline is fixed and a good OC is brought in though.

Poet
12-22-2016, 11:35 PM
As long as he does well, we will go with it. I wish him the best...just like I wish Siemian the best. Neither will do well until the oline is fixed and a good OC is brought in though.

Mike, this is more about my psychic powers than anything else. But while it is hazy, one of those guys is the answer. I like them both. I like TS being a castoff and forgotten guy from a smart school. I like Lynch's physical toolset and his drive to dominate. It'll be okay.

Mike
12-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Mike, this is more about my psychic powers than anything else. But while it is hazy, one of those guys is the answer. I like them both. I like TS being a castoff and forgotten guy from a smart school. I like Lynch's physical toolset and his drive to dominate. It'll be okay.

I'm half drunk...so I will agree with your psychic powers. Well played sir.

dogfish
12-23-2016, 12:40 AM

he's still going to be raw, much like sushi. . . hell, TS is still plenty raw-- he has less than a year's worth of games under his belt, and not that much game experience from college. . .

just bein' real, we need both elway and the coaching staff to step it up if we aren't going to be sitting here sniping at each other about excuses and agendas at this time next year. . . cuz neither of those QBs is likely going to be good enough next season to lead a successful offense if it still features bland, uninspired playcalling, shitty blocking and zero ability to run the ball, no slot receiver, and no more than one functional TE available at any given moment. . .

Timmy!
12-23-2016, 12:58 AM
**** that hack, he piggybacked off me a long time ago. Get with the program Doggy. :tsk:

Lies!!!!

Timmy!
12-23-2016, 01:00 AM
Ya'll best back up on the physic powers thing. :D

MOtorboat
12-23-2016, 01:04 AM
*psychic

Poet
12-23-2016, 01:05 AM
he's still going to be raw, much like sushi. . . hell, TS is still plenty raw-- he has less than a year's worth of games under his belt, and not that much game experience from college. . .

just bein' real, we need both elway and the coaching staff to step it up if we aren't going to be sitting here sniping at each other about excuses and agendas at this time next year. . . cuz neither of those QBs is likely going to be good enough next season to lead a successful offense if it still features bland, uninspired playcalling, shitty blocking and zero ability to run the ball, no slot receiver, and no more than one functional TE available at any given moment. . .

I ain't mad at this post. We pretty much also need to find another REAL RB. That actually isn't too hard for most teams. Maybe we just have bad luck at this point.

dogfish
12-23-2016, 01:20 AM
I ain't mad at this post. We pretty much also need to find another REAL RB. That actually isn't too hard for most teams. Maybe we just have bad luck at this point.

oh, shit yes! that's a higher priority than slot or TE, no question in my mind. . .

Poet
12-23-2016, 01:29 AM
oh, shit yes! that's a higher priority than slot or TE, no question in my mind. . .

And they say Von Kinger isn't a real fan...

ShaneFalco
12-23-2016, 02:18 AM
I believe in Trevor Siemian. He believes in two things. Justice and the city of Denver. And that is why i think you should believe in him too.

https://s9.postimg.io/pnt5mdhkv/Ibelieveintrevor.jpg

dogfish
12-23-2016, 02:27 AM
And they say Von Kinger isn't a real fan...

who says? what mothereffer dares? you bring them to me. . .

Timmy!
12-23-2016, 05:11 AM
*psychic

Damnit mo, I was.drunk. it is now 3am.and. I am,more drunk....and typing on this phone sucks....but imma get laid and cooked breakfast, therefore I win.