PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 16 (Chiefs week)

VonDoom
12-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 32m32 minutes ago

Virgil Green, AJ Derby not practicing because of concussions. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 31m31 minutes ago

Heuerman, Krieger-Coble , Scheu getting TE reps. #9sports

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 26m26 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe isn't practicing either with his neck injury.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 25m25 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas, Darian Stewart, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, TJ Ward not practicing. Vet day. #9sports

BroncoJoe
12-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Why isn't Norwood on the not practicing list? !!

Magnificent Seven
12-21-2016, 03:07 PM

Norwood sucks.

VonDoom
12-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 22m22 minutes ago

Kubiak gave several veterans the day off in practice on Wednesday. #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 22m22 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall ran a bit Tuesday on that hammy, not ready yet. Will likely be end of week decision on his availability.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said it has reached point where they'd prefer #KCChiefs Hill not touch the ball "he's a beast right now" @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 20m20 minutes ago

T.J. Ward is in the concussion protocol. Had symptoms that showed up. Would be a huge loss if he can't go Sunday.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak said C.J. Anderson is on course to be ready to play in February. Unlikely he'll be back this year. Won't return to practice in season

VonDoom
12-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos OC Rick Dennison said line has been inconsistent. "We are not getting it right and we need to get it right". @DenverChannel

Buff
12-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Do we have to play again this week?

BroncoJoe
12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Do we have to play again this week?

I'm doing all my planning right now to make sure I'm in Florida by 8:00 PM ET so I can watch the game. Nashville TN on Saturday night - hopefully Florida by game time.

My mother-in-law is going to be pi$$ed that I want to watch the game on Christmas night. Father-in-law will be just fine with it.

VonDoom
12-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

No guarantee Derek Wolfe plays Sunday. Suffered two stingers in the game. Incredibly tough guy. But racing clock this week @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos added tight end Austin Traylor to practice squad @DenverChannel

VonDoom
12-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 31m31 minutes ago

Aqib Talib said the dispute with Russell Okung was overblown. He said he argues with T.J. Ward every week. Argues with his mom too.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 16m16 minutes ago

A reporter asked Talib if he should chill a bit with arguing with everybody. Talib: "Is that what you think? My check don't say that."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Aqib Talib: "It wasn't even like an argument. I don't know who did it, Mike Silver, I don't know who did it. But they made too much of it."

Buff
12-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 31m31 minutes ago

Aqib Talib said the dispute with Russell Okung was overblown. He said he argues with T.J. Ward every week. Argues with his mom too.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 16m16 minutes ago

A reporter asked Talib if he should chill a bit with arguing with everybody. Talib: "Is that what you think? My check don't say that."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Aqib Talib: "It wasn't even like an argument. I don't know who did it, Mike Silver, I don't know who did it. But they made too much of it."

It would be impossible for me to love this man anymore - AND he got the Mike Silver shot in, who I despise. Bless this man.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2016, 04:41 PM
It would be impossible for me to love this man anymore - AND he got the Mike Silver shot in, who I despise. Bless this man.

Hood.

MOtorboat
12-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Let's be honest. When Talib gets all super excited, he's almost unintelligible, so maybe he was just praising Okung.

:sohood:

MOtorboat
12-21-2016, 05:04 PM

This really is coaching negligence. Four fumbles in four weeks and Kubiak "has confidence in him" and is just going to trot him out there again.

Buff
12-21-2016, 05:06 PM
This really is coaching negligence. Four fumbles in four weeks and Kubiak "has confidence in him" and is just going to trot him out there again.

It'd be one thing if he possessed such a massive upside that you sort of had to live with the downside... But he doesn't. He's an average journeyman who was back there solely because he provided some consistency last year. I think negligence is the right word.

JPPT1974
12-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Yeah as really the coaching should had caught that. And really the journeyman thing is not as effective as it used to be. And the blow up with the team in the loss to the Pats and in home. No excuse.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2016, 06:19 PM
I wonder if Talib drinks vodka crans...

MOtorboat
12-21-2016, 06:22 PM

Talib drinks whatever the hell he wants to drink.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2016, 09:42 PM

Ah yes.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Talib drinks whatever the hell he wants to drink.
That's right. He also packs heat wherever he wants

elsid13
12-21-2016, 09:47 PM

Bet he isn't a cat owner

Nomad
12-21-2016, 10:47 PM
BRONCOS gonna win :drinking:

Hawgdriver
12-21-2016, 11:40 PM
Bet he isn't a cat owner

But if he was... (http://www.theworkprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Keanu.jpg)

Davii
12-22-2016, 01:23 PM
I BELIEVE we will win. I HOPE we will win. I will not be at all surprised if we **** it up, Norwood fumbles it away, and we're officially eliminated from playoff contention. I know we CAN still make the playoffs, but this squad has made me pessimistic, and I honestly think that even if we win out we still won't get in. ******* Norwood. I wish I could text Kubiak and ask him what in the hell he's thinking.

Nomad
12-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Kubiak's decision making has been a big disappointment. Should we be surprised? I get Kubiak is a BRONCO at heart and fans feel they should be loyal to him, but going 2-4 in the last six games is an example of shitting the bed. I'm not confident the BRONCOS will win their last 2 games.

slim
12-22-2016, 01:47 PM

Because he needs all the practice he can get?

NightTerror218
12-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Kubiak's decision making has been a big disappointment. Should we be surprised? I get Kubiak is a BRONCO at heart and fans feel they should be loyal to him, but going 2-4 in the last six games is an example of shitting the bed. I'm not confident the BRONCOS will win their last 2 games.

The only defense i can give kubiak is that losing to chiefs raiders and pats are 3 of 4 beat teams in league. Chiefs was winable one too.

VonDoom
12-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

TJ Ward, Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe not practicing for #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Nor is AJ Derby and Virgil Green (concussions)

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

If Derby or Green don't practice tmrw, Broncos probably call a practice squad TE up. Krieger-Coble maybe. Gotta make a roster move though.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos coaches wetting footballs for QB/WR drills. Prepping for rainy Christmas game v. Chiefs.

VonDoom
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips "there isn't any divide. We focus on playing better than their defense. There is frustration bc of losing" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips said Davis "playing at high level". Pleased with progress of Corey Nelson @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips said this "is best secondary I have ever had". Believes should have been better represented in Pro Bowl. @DenverChannel

Simple Jaded
12-22-2016, 09:36 PM
I hope it's Steven Scheu instead of Kreiger-Coble.

Btw, this Kevin Snyder on the PS has potential, very good athlete who can long snap too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2016, 12:56 AM
I hope it's Steven Scheu instead of Kreiger-Coble.

Btw, this Kevin Snyder on the PS has potential, very good athlete who can long snap too.

Ooh another long snapper, now you've got my attention.

VonDoom
12-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 22m22 minutes ago

Don't see Derek Wolfe practicing today. He hasn't been out here all week with his neck injury. Not a great sign for Sunday, but we'll see.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Not practicing for #Broncos: T.J. Ward, Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe, A.J. Derby, Virgil Green

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

Obviously it doesn't look good for Wolfe or Ward but should find out more today. They didn't practice all week @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall isn't practicing as expected. Like I reported yesterday, grade 2 hammy sprain. Will be out Sunday.

VonDoom
12-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall, AJ Derby, Virgil Green and TJ Ward all OUT Sunday for Broncos. Derek Wolfe is questionable. He's sick.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Wolfe has been sick for the last two days along with his neck injury. Hopeful to have him for Sunday. Broncos down 3 starters, possibly 4.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak will talk w Elway before determining move with one of practice squad tight ends. One expected to be promoted @DenverChannel

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2016, 03:27 PM
No Derek Wolfe this Sunday? By the end of the day we may be calling the theme of the game, "running man"

Buff
12-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall, AJ Derby, Virgil Green and TJ Ward all OUT Sunday for Broncos. Derek Wolfe is questionable. He's sick.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Wolfe has been sick for the last two days along with his neck injury. Hopeful to have him for Sunday. Broncos down 3 starters, possibly 4.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak will talk w Elway before determining move with one of practice squad tight ends. One expected to be promoted @DenverChannel

Brutal - TJ Ward is a huge loss going against Kelce, who ate our lunch last month. And we basically have nobody to play TE, which was already a problem for our offense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Brutal - TJ Ward is a huge loss going against Kelce, who ate our lunch last month. And we basically have nobody to play TE, which was already a problem for our offense.

No Derek Wolfe, no TJ Ward, no Brandon Marshall. The Chiefs might hang a 30 burger on us.

slim
12-23-2016, 03:57 PM
No Derek Wolfe, no TJ Ward, no Brandon Marshall. The Chiefs might hang a 30 burger on us.

Or they might not!

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Or they might not!

Everything in the universe is either a potato, or not a potato.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2016, 04:12 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Needing a win to keep their playoff hopes alive, the Denver Broncos will be without four players who have started games for the team this season when they visit the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night.

Safety T.J. Ward (concussion), tight end A.J. Derby (concussion), tight end Virgil Green (concussion) and linebacker Brandon Marshall (hamstring) were ruled out of the Christmas night game against Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium. At 8-6, the Broncos likely have to win both of their remaining games to stay alive in the AFC playoff race.

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said after Friday's practice that defensive end Derek Wolfe (neck) is formally listed as questionable. Wolfe left last Sunday's game in the second quarter and has also missed the past two days of practice with an illness.

"[I'm] hopeful,'' Kubiak said about Wolfe. "He got sick on us [Thursday], tried to come in [Friday], ended up sending him to the doctor. We'll see. We've got a lot of time on our hands since we don't play until Sunday night.''

Green, Derby and Ward are all in the concussion protocol. None of the three participated in practice this week.

With Derby and Green out, the Broncos might be forced to make a roster move given Jeff Heuerman is the only healthy tight end on the 53-man roster. The Broncos do have three tight ends on the practice squad, or they could simply use an extra lineman, like Ty Sambrailo, as a tight end in some run-game looks.

And if the Broncos decide Marshall, who hasn't practiced since he reinjured his hamstring Dec. 4 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, isn't expected to return to practice soon, he could be moved to injured reserve if the Broncos promote a tight end from the practice squad.

"Obviously with those guys and some things going, it's something we'll have to take a look at it,'' Kubiak said.

At safety, the Broncos do have some options, but Ward is their leading tackler this season (87) and plays in every personnel grouping the team has on defense.

The Broncos could play cornerback Bradley Roby at safety in some of their base defense looks, and rookie safeties Will Parks and Justin Simmons have played in some of the team's specialty packages.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18340487/denver-broncos-rule-tj-ward-aj-derby-virgil-green-brandon-marshall-kansas-city-chiefs-game

slim
12-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Everything in the universe is either a potato, or not a potato.

Which is Matt Damon?

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Which is Matt Damon?

Both

NightTerror218
12-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Time to see kubiaks offense with bo blocking TEs and a weak OL.

Pray for siemian.

VonDoom
12-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Austin Davis waived, Krieger-Coble brought up

Simple Jaded
12-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Austin Davis waived, Krieger-Coble brought up

For ****ing ****s sake! Can someone please explain the attachment this team has to these shit WR's?

Krieger-Coble is basically another POS WR.

Eight WR's and four DL's. Un-****ing-believable.

Simple Jaded
12-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Seriously, I get the feeling that Denver would cut Trevor Siemian before Norwood or Taylor.

Timmy!
12-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Settle down jaded. We knew a day ago they were gonna have to activate a TE from the practice squad since Green and Derby are out.....and why would we cut Sunshine? Norwood, ya sure, bye-bye, but it's not like Austin Davis is doing anything either.

Simple Jaded
12-23-2016, 10:27 PM
Settle down jaded. We knew a day ago they were gonna have to activate a TE from the practice squad since Green and Derby are out.

I'm not angry!!!!!!!

I knew they needed a TE, but cutting a QB, even the 3rd stringer, instead of one of these useless ******* WR's is stupid. Even more stupid was cutting the only backup NT they had.

Btw, they make matters even worse by calling up another WR instead of a TE.

Timmy!
12-23-2016, 10:29 PM
Agreed on the NT.

VonDoom
12-24-2016, 10:26 AM
With all of our terrible injury news this week, the one bright spot is that Justin Houston is not expected to play. Maybe, just maybe, our RT position won't be a turnstile all night.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Seriously, I get the feeling that Denver would cut Trevor Siemian before Norwood or Taylor.

Mo surely would 🤣