PDA

View Full Version : Manning mad at Denver organization?

Northman
12-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Yea, i have ZERO to go on here but yesterday Missy mentioned that Peyton was angry at the organization about something but said she saw something in our Bronco group on FB that eluded to the idea something is going on there. I saw the post today as well but again there is virtually no information to go on except by what a Bronco fan said he heard on the radio. He didnt elaborate but i was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this? I cant think of what it might be about if true but maybe someone else has heard something.

BroncoJoe
12-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Yea, i have ZERO to go on here but yesterday Missy mentioned that Peyton was angry at the organization about something but said she saw something in our Bronco group on FB that eluded to the idea something is going on there. I saw the post today as well but again there is virtually no information to go on except by what a Bronco fan said he heard on the radio. He didnt elaborate but i was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this? I cant think of what it might be about if true but maybe someone else has heard something.

Haven't heard diddly, but I'd imagine he felt somewhat pressured to retire. Whether that came from his family or the organization is anyone's guess.

He also had dinner with Tom Brady after the game, so maybe people are reading into it more than it's worth.

Davii
12-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Haven't heard diddly, but I'd imagine he felt somewhat pressured to retire. Whether that came from his family or the organization is anyone's guess.

He also had dinner with Tom Brady after the game, so maybe people are reading into it more than it's worth.

He's been to at least three home games this year, maybe more, so who knows. If he was mad at the organization I don't think he'd be spending so much time in the stadium.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-20-2016, 02:38 PM
He's been to at least three home games this year, maybe more, so who knows. If he was mad at the organization I don't think he'd be spending so much time in the stadium.

He's also been to at least one practice

Buff
12-20-2016, 04:19 PM
I think he had a very business-like relationship with Kub and Elway. I think there is a really healthy respect from both sides - but I don't necessarily get the feeling that Manning feels a deep personal connection to them.

I don't believe there is any bad blood or anger though unless there's something I haven't heard.

GEM
12-20-2016, 05:19 PM
I heard the tail end of that conversation on 104.3. It did happen, but I didn't catch it on my ride home. Keep in mind it was DMac and Big Al having it, and I trust their insight about as much as I trust that Hitler was a good guy.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Tom Brady and the New England Patriots visited frigid Denver over the weekend and improved to 12-2 with a 16-3 win over the Broncos – and two-time Super Bowl champion Peyton Manning was on hand to watch his old nemesis face his old team.

In an interview with Jim Gray on Westwood One Monday night, Brady talked about his meeting with Manning – who he didn’t expect to see – and explained if he thinks Manning misses the game of football.

Via Westwood One:

“It was a nice surprise. I didn’t realize he’d be at the game. I saw him briefly before the game, and then I saw him after the game with his kids. So it was nice to see his kids are growing up fast, just like mine are.

He and I have had a lot in common over the years. I thought he was just one of the very best to play the position. I always looked up to him and admired him for everything that he accomplished in the league as a great leader for his team. He was just a spectacular player. So I’ve always enjoyed being around him and certainly always talking a lot of football…. For the most part, we haven’t seen each other in a long time, so it was just catching up, talking about our families, some holiday plans, just a lot of very cordial conversation.

Does he miss football?

Well, yeah, I think he does. I think everyone misses football. He loves football so much, so much of what we talked about over the years was football. Whether he’d want to ever play… I’m not sure if that’s the case. He loves the game, it’s something that he’s done since he was a little kid… He keeps track of everything that’s going on, obviously his brother’s still playing and he wants the Giants to win every week, and he wants Denver to win every week. He’s got a lot of coaches at different teams and organizations that he roots for, and a lot of individual players. That’s just the way it goes. When you’re around for as long as he’s been, as long as I’ve been, you have a lot of friends who aren’t directly with your own team, but you still pull for a lot of guys around the league.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-peyton-manning-surprise-reunion-122016

Does not appear he is mad at the Broncos and they still have their home in Denver

Timmy!
12-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Pot stirring bullshit by hacks.

Broncos played patriots. Patriots won. Retired Peyton has dinner with Pats starting qb. Therefore: Peyton hates the Broncos. Logic.

Softskull
12-20-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm mad at the Broncos organization.
Gimme a damn offensive line!

Dapper Dan
12-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Probably because they cut Britton Colquitt.

Valar Morghulis
12-21-2016, 01:31 AM
Probably because they cut Britton Colquitt.

Who?

Jsteve01
12-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Who?

Dustin's little brother. You know

Dapper Dan
12-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Who?

You just made the list.

GEM
12-21-2016, 01:15 PM
You just made the list.

:laugh: My aunt loves Jericho, it's one of his funnier schticks. :D

Poet
12-21-2016, 01:24 PM
:laugh: My aunt loves Jericho, it's one of his funnier schticks. :D

Stupid Idiot!

GEM
12-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Stupid Idiot!

You shut your mouth! :D

Poet
12-21-2016, 01:47 PM
You shut your mouth! :D

The line of the year was: in the air like a sexy pinata.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2016, 02:08 PM
The line of the year was: in the air like a sexy pinata.

I've never heard this expression before. I find it to be humorous.

Poet
12-21-2016, 02:10 PM
I've never heard this expression before. I find it to be humorous.

Chris Jericho is god.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2016, 01:54 AM
You just made the list.

Lighten up, Francis.