PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Forums server updated last night - report any issues

tned-admin
12-17-2016, 01:53 PM
I updated the vBulletin software last night/early AM this morning. At some point today, the site will go offline for 30 minutes or so as it moves to a new server. Then, there will be another brief outage (possibly not until Monday or late tonight) for another forum software update.

If you see anything that wasn't working as it was before last night, please report it.

tned-admin
12-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately, due to some IP address conflicts and confusion at the data center, the move to the new server is taking FAR longer than expected. Hopefully, it will be completed by no later than 6:00 central time.

I've turned the forum off right now, because all of the data has already been moved to the new server, so any posts made between now and when the IP addresses are moved to the new server, will be lost.

There are a handful of posts that were made after 2:30 or so central time, that will be missing when I turn the forum back on, because they went to the old server.

tned-admin
12-17-2016, 06:17 PM
P.S. If you see this post, you are on the new server. The P.S. was only posted on the new server, the previous two posts are on the new and old.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Thanks for everything you do Tned

tned-admin
12-17-2016, 08:33 PM
That was a cluster ____ beyond belief. In order to try and avoid the normal 24+ hours (sometimes longer for Euro types) when they might land on the old server while the DNS is propagating. Since the new server is located in the same data center as the old, they said they could move the IP addresses, so other than maybe a brief, 30 minute outage, everythings fine.

Unfortunately, I've been going back and forth for over six hours with a tech that must be new or doesn't understand IP routing.

Anyway, it's all done now. Let me know if you see/have any problems on the server. sorry for being offline most of Saturday. I did what I thought was going to be the only real downtime last night from 11:00 to 3:00 am for minimal disruption, and then bam this happens.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2016, 08:37 PM
Upgraded website eh? Is Jaded still here?

dogfish
12-18-2016, 01:39 AM
P.S. If you see this post, you are on the new server.

what if we don't see it?

elsid13
12-18-2016, 08:15 AM
TED

redirect URL error when you log in. :See Below

Invalid Redirect URL (http://broncosforums.com/?)

elsid13
12-18-2016, 08:16 AM
what if we don't see it?

The new server is to good for you then.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2016, 12:48 PM
I just noticed that the High Five is visible, but the Mile High Salute and Report Post are not.

AgentOrange
12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
I just noticed that the High Five is visible, but the Mile High Salute and Report Post are not.

I can see both MHS and RP (Chrome on Win 10)

Northman
12-18-2016, 01:01 PM
I see them both currently but know that in the past sometimes they show up and others they dont. But if your refresh the page it generally shows back up.

AgentOrange
12-18-2016, 01:06 PM
With my setup after I post something I have to refresh see the High Five. Been this way for some time, so nothing due to the recent update.

olathebroncofan
12-18-2016, 01:14 PM
I only read the forums on my phone, so thanks for the "select content type" options on the mobile app.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2016, 01:31 PM
I see them both currently but know that in the past sometimes they show up and others they dont. But if your refresh the page it generally shows back up.

I just did a refresh and it is still the same for me. The orange box and words High Five in bold are there. The Mile High Salute and Report Post symbols are there, but they are very faint.

FanInAZ
12-18-2016, 03:47 PM
I can't get the site on Chrome (Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8).

tned-admin
12-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I can't get the site on Chrome (Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8).

Can you be more specific? I'm on Chrome and Windows 10 as I post this.

Screen shot of the error or something like that would be helpful. If you can't post it easily, I'll PM you an email address to email the screen shot to and I'll take a look.

Also, google what is my IP and they will show you your IP address and send it to the email I just PM'd you. It's possible the new server has more aggressive firewall rules and you got blocked for some reason.

tned-admin
12-18-2016, 04:19 PM
TED

redirect URL error when you log in. :See Below

Invalid Redirect URL (http://broncosforums.com/?)

Can you post or PM me the URL that you have book marked? I had to disable the software that was used for the homepage, so it's possible the shortcut you are going to is gone. If you send me the URL you normally first go to, before it asks you to login, I can try and figure out what's going on.

FanInAZ
12-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Can you be more specific? I'm on Chrome and Windows 10 as I post this.

Screen shot of the error or something like that would be helpful. If you can't post it easily, I'll PM you an email address to email the screen shot to and I'll take a look.

Also, google what is my IP and they will show you your IP address and send it to the email I just PM'd you. It's possible the new server has more aggressive firewall rules and you got blocked for some reason.

Not Found

The requested URL /forumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsfo rumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforu msforumsforumsforumsforums was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

slim
12-18-2016, 04:53 PM
The update seems to have made David an insufferable DB

tned-admin
12-18-2016, 06:14 PM
If you get redirected to www.broncosforums.com/forumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsfo rumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforu

It's a problem where you need to clear your cache and temp files.

You should be able to bypass it in the meantime by going directly to the forum listing http://www.broncosforums.com/forums

ShaneFalco
12-18-2016, 08:45 PM
thanks tned, now lets go make fun of WGS on Orange Mane

dogfish
12-18-2016, 11:20 PM
The new server is to good for you then.

way to be an elitist, sid. . . i'm sure NTL is trembling with pride. . .

:coffee::coffee:

tned-admin
12-19-2016, 08:04 AM
If you get redirected to www.broncosforums.com/forumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsfo rumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforu

It's a problem where you need to clear your cache and temp files.

You should be able to bypass it in the meantime by going directly to the forum listing http://www.broncosforums.com/forums

If you have the above problem and are in Chrome, this is how you clear the cache/temp files:

In Chrome, in the upper right, just below the X to close the window is three dots. Click that, which gets you into Chrome settings.

Then click settings in the menu that comes up, and then at the bottom click show advanced settings.
Then click clear browsing data.

Now, if you want to preserve passwords and cookies, you need to uncheck some of those things. But, change the combo to past week or better is beginning of time, and make sure you have at least images and files checked.

If that doesn't do it, then you also need to clear the BroncosForums cookies, by clicking on the Content Settings button (in the same area of Chrome settings), and then "All cookies and site data" and when the list comes up, search on BroncosForums and then click the x next to any BroncosForums entries that come up.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2016, 08:13 AM
You should have left the server down yesterday...