PDA

View Full Version : Psts Game / dealing with the cold

nevcraw
12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Heading into town for second year in row for pats game. Club level but outside. Yikers. So I'm kinda a cold wussy. Any tricks or tips for extream temp games? Besides 'dress warm' and heavily drink. I got that covered...
Thanks GO Broncos!

BroncoJoe
12-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Layers.

Keep feet and head warm, the rest will be OK.

WTE
12-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Go Psts!

Dapper Dan
12-16-2016, 03:19 PM
Drink.

PatriotsGuy
12-16-2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Camping-Hand-Warmers-Foot/zgbs/sporting-goods/14332911

VonDoom
12-16-2016, 03:38 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Camping-Hand-Warmers-Foot/zgbs/sporting-goods/14332911

I agree with this. The one Broncos game I've attended live in Denver was that Titans game three years ago when it was like 18 degrees at kickoff. Layer up, put some hot packs in whatever parts of your body you can and drink a hot beverage or something. Hopefully we'll be lighting it up and the adrenaline will keep you warm ...

OrangeHoof
12-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Beat the Psts! :lol:

Buff
12-16-2016, 05:55 PM
I highly recommend getting there 3 hours early to enjoy the prime rib in club level. :D

Wear multiple base layers because you aren't going to overheat like you would with an outdoor athletic activity like skiing because you're just sitting the whole time. Highly recommend snow boots because then your feet won't get wet - wear smart wool socks and stuff some toe warmers in there for sure. If your feet get wet or cold early then it's going to be a long and miserable day - gotta prioritize those feet.

Then I also recommend gloves/hand warmers and a neck/face warmer as well. If you plan accordingly then the temp becomes a non-factor. If you don't have enough layers on then you are miserable the whole time. Luckily in club level you can always go inside and belly up to the bar if worse comes to worse.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2016, 06:02 PM
I highly recommend getting there 3 hours early to enjoy the prime rib in club level. :D

Wear multiple base layers because you aren't going to overheat like you would with an outdoor athletic activity like skiing because you're just sitting the whole time. Highly recommend snow boots because then your feet won't get wet - wear smart wool socks and stuff some toe warmers in there for sure. If your feet get wet or cold early then it's going to be a long and miserable day - gotta prioritize those feet.

Then I also recommend gloves/hand warmers and a neck/face warmer as well. If you plan accordingly then the temp becomes a non-factor. If you don't have enough layers on then you are miserable the whole time. Luckily in club level you can always go inside and belly up to the bar if worse comes to worse.

This is basically what I said, but without so much fluff.

Layers, keep your feet and head warm, and everything else will be fine.

Northman
12-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Jesus Christ Nev, just wear a barrel and suck it up already..... lol

MOtorboat
12-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I agree with this. The one Broncos game I've attended live in Denver was that Titans game three years ago when it was like 18 degrees at kickoff. Layer up, put some hot packs in whatever parts of your body you can and drink a hot beverage or something. Hopefully we'll be lighting it up and the adrenaline will keep you warm ...

Hot packs are highly recommended. That and layers got me through a Big 12 Championship game that was below zero.

BroncoJoe
12-17-2016, 08:32 AM
-2 this morning with a few inches of fresh snow. High today of 6.

I'm not sure you could pay me to go to the game tomorrow.

BroncoWave
12-17-2016, 10:23 AM
-2 this morning with a few inches of fresh snow. High today of 6.

I'm not sure you could pay me to go to the game tomorrow.

Yeah eff that.

nevcraw
12-17-2016, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Northman;2569137]Jesus Christ Nev, just wear a barrel and suck it up already..... lol[/QUOTE

Dang. You got me! Barrel it is! Thanks north for bringing me to my senses!