PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Trent Baalke could end up with Broncos

VonDoom
12-15-2016, 07:46 AM
I saw this on Mile High Report:

SANTA CLARA – Trent Baalke does not figure to be out of a job long if, as expected, the 49ers part ways with their general manager at the conclusion of the season.

Multiple league sources told CSNBayArea.com the most likely landing spot for Baalke is under John Elway in the Denver Broncos' personnel or scouting department if 49ers CEO Jed York fires Baalke.

Baalke, widely respected around the NFL for his work ethic as a college talent evaluator, is known to have a good relationship with Elway, the Broncos’ executive vice president of football operations/general manager. Baalke and Elway have spent time considerable together while the 49ers and Broncos held joint practices each of the past two summers

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/sources-trent-baalke-could-end-broncos

sneakers
12-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Whooooooooooo?

underrated29
12-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Does he know how to scout Oline, WR, TE? Elway cant scout those for shit, but Elway can scout Defenses like a boss. If he can scout the offensive side bring him into play saftey

Buff
12-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Interesting. Baalke built some really solid rosters when Harbaugh was there - between their o-line with Iupati & Staley, and their front 7 that featured Willis, Bowman and the others, I was always a little bit envious of how tough they were.

But he's also sort of developed a reputation as a first class *******. He basically pushed Harbaugh (one of the best football coaches at any level) out of a job. Then he inexplicably allowed Jim Tomsula to be their head coach instead of Adam Gase - and now Chip Kelly is in his second flameout.

I think he probably brings some solid talent evaluation chops and maybe would allow Elway to do a little bit less heavy lifting - but I worry about what he'd do to the culture here.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Here is how the Broncos are covering scouting, etc.

PLAYER PERSONNEL/FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
Matt Russell - Director of Player Personnel
Tom Heckert - Director of Pro Personnel
Adam Peters - Director of College Scouting
Mike Sullivan - Director of Football Administration
Mark Thewes - Director of Team Administration
Ray Jackson - Director of Player Development
Mitch Tanney - Director of Football Analytics
A.J. Durso – Assistant Director of Pro Personnel
Jordon Dizon - Pro Scout
Brian Stark – National Scout
Eugene Armstrong - Southeast Area Scout
Dave Bratten - College Scouting Coord./Area Scout
Scott DiStefano - Midwest Area Scout
Klein Kubiak - Southwest Area Scout
Darren Mougey – Western Regional Scout
Nick Schiralli - Atlantic Area Scout
Scott Flaska - Football Analyst
Bryan Chesin – Player Personnel Assistant

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/staff-directory.html

Freyaka
12-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Interesting. Baalke built some really solid rosters when Harbaugh was there - between their o-line with Iupati & Staley, and their front 7 that featured Willis, Bowman and the others, I was always a little bit envious of how tough they were.

But he's also sort of developed a reputation as a first class *******. He basically pushed Harbaugh (one of the best football coaches at any level) out of a job. Then he inexplicably allowed Jim Tomsula to be their head coach instead of Adam Gase - and now Chip Kelly is in his second flameout.

I think he probably brings some solid talent evaluation chops and maybe would allow Elway to do a little bit less heavy lifting - but I worry about what he'd do to the culture here.

How many scouts do you know that impact the culture? I think it's probably going to be a good thing. He has an eye for talent, between him and John we might be able to finally get some of those holes filled.

Buff
12-15-2016, 03:04 PM
How many scouts do you know that impact the culture? I think it's probably going to be a good thing. He has an eye for talent, between him and John we might be able to finally get some of those holes filled.

Well my read on the situation is that he wouldn't assume some low-level scouting role - I'd expect him to be pretty close to a GM-type of level. Maybe John takes a step back and lets Baalke run the day to day GM duties. That could potentially impact culture. Not saying it's a likelihood - but I also don't think Baalke would accept some run of the mill scouting role after running the 49ers for 6 years.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Does he know how to scout Oline, WR, TE? Elway cant scout those for shit, but Elway can scout Defenses like a boss. If he can scout the offensive side bring him into play saftey

He drafted Iupati...

Davii
12-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Well my read on the situation is that he wouldn't assume some low-level scouting role - I'd expect him to be pretty close to a GM-type of level. Maybe John takes a step back and lets Baalke run the day to day GM duties. That could potentially impact culture. Not saying it's a likelihood - but I also don't think Baalke would accept some run of the mill scouting role after running the 49ers for 6 years.

Agreed. If he were brought in I would think he'd be director of scouting or something along those lines and put above all those people Carol just posted the list of. Maybe even on an even keel with Kubiak in terms of voting for draft picks, etc.

dogfish
12-16-2016, 04:07 AM
i've heard that scot mccloughan was more responsible for the drafts in san fran-- don't know if it's true or not, but the fact that their drafting has gone downhill badly may support that. . . if so, it's not the biggest endorsement of baaaaalke. . . who knows, though. . . if we sign him, i hope he's an effin' badass. . .