PDA

View Full Version : Practice/Press Conferences - Week 15 Patriots

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2016, 02:30 PM
From Kubes press conference, which just ended

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m

Kubiak: "Too many negative plays ... three different holding calls on run plays"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m

Kubiak: "Trevor's numbers are excellent, but it's about winning." Says Siemian has to make plays, but others have to make plays for him, too

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m

Kubiak, on what looms: "We're going to have to play exceptional here, especially this week." Next three foes are a combined 30-8.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m

Kubiak, on the frustration with the offense: "Some things could be worse ... but I believe in what we're doing." Need "more consistency."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m

Kubiak, on Booker: "I believe in Book, I think he's a good football player ... he's got to continue to go."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m

Kubiak, on whether Devontae Booker needs a little break: "We don't have that luxury. We've gotta go ... he's gotta step to the plate."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m

Kubiak: Trevor Siemian had "really big numbers," but they came with staying on the field, which offense couldn't do in first half.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m

Kubiak said Trevor SIemian "came out fine ... no setbacks ... should be good moving forward."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m

Kubiak, on the slow starts: "We missed a pass pro, we had a couple of busts ... not about the plays, it's about execution, detail."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m

Kubiak, on Talib's reaction: "We've got a strong team...got each other's back...but you've also got to be smart & you can't hurt your team."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m

Kubiak, on the Douglas hit on Harris: "I'm so thankful Chris is OK ... I disagree with the play," says he'll submit the play to the NFL.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

#Broncos @ESanders_10 wife went in labor.. So he's back in Houston. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m

#Broncos Kubiak: "We are frustrated, disappointed. But at the same time, there are a lot of good things ahead of us.We have to play better."

VonDoom
12-12-2016, 02:44 PM
I usually post the Monday quotes in the game thread, so I have some there. Sorry for the duplication!

swaiy
12-12-2016, 07:50 PM
I usually post the Monday quotes in the game thread, so I have some there. Sorry for the duplication!

In all the time I've been here, I never knew you posted those in the GameDay thread. I usually stop checking after the game. I kept checking here thinking to myself "why doesn't he ever post the thread on Monday".

TL;DR: I appreciate being able to check one place for stuff like this. Thank you.

Tned
12-12-2016, 08:36 PM
HEAD COACH GARY KUBIAK

On his reaction to Titans WR Harry Douglas’ hit on CB Chris Harris Jr.

“First off, I just am so thankful that Chris is OK. That is one of the things that is making me feel better today [when I] watch the play. Obviously I disagree with the play. I’ll take my opinion to the league and deal with it from that standpoint.”

On submitting a formal complaint regarding the hit to the NFL

“I definitely disagree with the play and I’ll take my opinion to the league.”

On CB Aqib Talib’s unnecessary roughness penalty on the play following Douglas’ hit

“First off, we have a strong team. We have each other’s back. You better have each other’s back in this business and what we do. You also have to be smart. You can’t hurt your team. That’s what I tell our players. That’s what I told Aqib. He understands that. We can’t put ourselves in a position where we’re hurting what is going on the field.”

On Talib’s postgame comments regarding Douglas’ hit

“You will have to ask Aqib about that. It’s an emotional game, for me as well as Aqib and a lot of guys. We battle with each other and we’re very emotional. We’ll deal with that as we go.”

On WR Emmanuel Sanders’ unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after his fourth quarter touchdown pass

“He’s wrong. He knows that. It has to be explained to me. I know you can spike the ball and throw the ball, but you can’t choreograph something. It’s my understanding the he choreographed pitching a baseball. You can’t do it. You can’t hurt your team. We’re in a one-score game. He knows that.”

On the slow starts in the first quarter of games

“It’s really frustrating. You go back a few weeks ago, against New Orleans, we got off to a great start. First off, I don’t say that we got off to a slow start. We have to look at what we’re doing. I’m sitting there watching nine plays offensively. We missed a pass-protection. We had a couple busts. We put the ball on the ground. When you’re doing that, you’re not going to be successful. It’s not about the plays, it’s about execution. It’s about detail. Then you have to ask yourself, ‘Why?’ Why is the detail not there early in the game? That’s what we’re trying to figure out.”

On an injury update on ILB Todd Davis

“It’s still an evaluation period. Coming out of the game, Todd is the biggest one. He has an oblique issue. He tried to battle through it, but [ILB] Zaire [Anderson] came in and played really well.”

On the health of QB Trevor Siemian coming out of the game

“He’s good. He came out fine. There were not setbacks or anything. He should be good moving forward.”

On allowing Siemian to throw the ball more

“It’s definitely what we did in the second half. The biggest thing is snaps. Yesterday in the first half, we had [24] snaps as an offensive football team. They had the ball and we didn’t do anything with it when we had it. You have to get snaps in order to have things happen. We went and found snaps in the second half and made plays and moved the ball. You also have to make plays to win game and close games. We had four or five plays to make, a couple on his behalf and a couple on the receiver’s behalf, that would have closed the football game. Those are the plays we have to go make.”

On whether the offense is having more success when using non-scripted plays

“I would disagree with that. We’re struggling early in some games, I would agree from that standpoint here lately. If you look at Trevor’s numbers, obviously they’re big numbers, really big numbers in the game yesterday. If you don’t stay on the field and you’re not getting snaps, those numbers aren’t going to come. Yesterday in the second half we did that. We have to look at how we can start better and start faster as a football team in better detail than what we’re doing.”

On RB Devontae Booker’s struggles

“He and [RB] Justin [Forsett] split the game. They’re almost right down the middle as far as plays go. If you’re asking if Devontae needs a break? We don’t have that luxury. We have to go. It’s crunch time and everybody has to buckle down. Guys play hurt and nicked up, like Trevor yesterday. A lot of guys are playing hurt around this league. That’s part of our business and what we do. A lot has been asked of Devontae, but he has to step to the plate and keep going.”

On utilizing RB Juwan Thompson in the running game

“Juwan has played a little bit. In the situation we got in last week, he has played a little bit. I believe in ‘Book.’ I think he’s a good football player. He’s working hard. I think he has some big-play ability in him. Obviously we have to get some more out of him. Yesterday, touching the ball three times, it’s hard for me to sit here and say he had a lot of opportunities. He has to continue to go. I think he’s doing fine. He has to continue to go.”

On whether he is frustrated with the offensive struggles over the past two seasons

“We won a lot of games last year. Somebody is doing something right. We’re sitting here at 8-5. I’m positive. I think we can be better and some things could be worse. I believe in what we’re doing. We have to just keep battling and keep doing it. We have some young players in some key positions. We’ll keep going. They’re doing some good things, but we need to do it more consistently.”

On whether he addresses the playoff scenarios with the team

“I think we talk at times. My concern with players, I try to stay focused on the moment. I try to stay focused on how we’re playing. If the season ended today, we’re a playoff team. My concern right now is how we’re playing. We have to play more consistent as a football team. We have a big game coming up this week against the best team in football. They have a lot of wins under their belt. The real challenge for us right now is to play better.”

On the impact TE A.J. Derby has made on the offense

“He’s been a nice addition to our team. He’s been playing for us six, seven weeks. He’s made some good plays for us. We need to continue to use him. He’s done a lot of good things in the game. He has to put the ball away and that type of thing. We need him and we need him making plays for us. I think he’s shown the ability to do that.”

On Forsett’s first game with the team

“He did a lot of good things. You don’t want to fumble on your first touch. He did a lot of good things in the game. He picked up some blitzes and made some plays for us. He can help us here down the stretch. Nobody feels worse about the turnover, but he also contributed to a lot of good things in the game.”

On preparing for the toughest remaining schedule in the league

“I look forward to getting back to work. I just got through with the players. We’re frustrated and disappointed in yesterday. At the same time, there’s a lot of good things ahead of us that we can go make happen. For us to make it happen, we have to play better. That’s my message to them, focus on how we’re playing and playing better. We need to have a good week of work. We’re going to have to play exceptional here, especially starting this week.”

On his assessment of how ILB Corey Nelson and Anderson played

“We struggled to stop the run the first half. We didn’t play very well. Obviously in the second half we played really well. With Todd going out, Zaire came in. He played really well. Zaire is one of our highest grading guys defensively. Corey played a lot of plays. He had a good half and a half that he can play better in. That could probably be said for the whole group.”

On whether WR Jordan Taylor could see his workload increase

“He played thirty-something [35 offensive] plays yesterday. That’s about normal. We suited six guys. Of he, [WR] Bennie [Fowler] and [WR] Cody [Latimer], Cody played the least of the guys that suited up. We went to a bunch of three-wides in the second half. He played a lot. The ball just didn’t come his way as much.”

On an injury update on ILB Brandon Marshall

“We’ll see. That’s what is going on right now. I just walked across him in the training room. He’s day-to-day. I think he and Todd are the concerns as we move forward this week. We’ll see where we’re at.”

On Sanders being excused for the birth of his child

“His wife is in labor as we speak. From my understanding, they induced her today. They had some issues a couple of weeks ago. They held off until today. He should be a father [again] here today at some time.”

On whether Siemian has stepped up in the second half of the season

“I’m proud of Trevor coming back and battling through his injury and being there for his team yesterday. Trevor’s number are excellent. It’s about winning. This game is about winning. His numbers were big in the game, but he has to step up and make some of those plays at the end. We can make some of those plays for him at the end. For him to grow for this football team, he needs to play really well here down the stretch.”

On whether the run game can have success

“It’s fixable. First off, you have to do it. Yesterday in my opinion we needed to throw the ball to have a chance to win. I’m the one that started throwing the heck out of the ball. We have to eliminate negative plays. We had nine runs. There were more runs called where we gave Trevor the option to do some things with the ball. There were more called. To me, it’s negative plays. We had negatives going backwards and I think we had three holding calls on three different running plays out of nine or ten. We put the ball on the ground in another play. It’s just too many negative things. We have to get rid of those for us to keep moving the ball forward.”

On the offensive line’s struggles this season

“I look at the game yesterday and we threw the ball fifty-something [52] times. We protected well. We had three sacks and two of those were on Trevor. He has to get rid of the ball. He knows that. We protected our quarterback well. We’ve been searching for consistency at right tackle. I think [T] Donald [Stephenson] has come back and played better the last two weeks. I think we’re battling and doing some positive things, but just like anything else, we need to be more consistent in what we’re doing.”

VonDoom
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
In all the time I've been here, I never knew you posted those in the GameDay thread. I usually stop checking after the game. I kept checking here thinking to myself "why doesn't he ever post the thread on Monday".

TL;DR: I appreciate being able to check one place for stuff like this. Thank you.

I generally consider the Monday press conference to be a wrap up of the prior game, hence why I usually put it there. The practices for the next week start Wednesday, when I usually start these threads.

Magnificent Seven
12-13-2016, 03:01 AM
Personally, I think Coach Kubiak should put 2 tight ends on offense for an extra protection. One TE will play tight end and other TE can play offensive lineman for several big plays at the same time. It will give QB Siemian more time to find some opening receivers. That would works in my opinion.

7DnBrnc53
12-13-2016, 09:30 AM
On offense, they can't abandon the run this week. If they do, NE will just rush three and drop eight since they don't really have the talent to guard guys like Sanders and DT one on one (or too many other WR's, for that matter).

VonDoom
12-13-2016, 03:03 PM
I think the only teams we've beaten that have winning records are the Bucs and Texans. So if you thought these last three weeks looked impossible already ...

NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch 1h1 hour ago

The 2016 Broncos are the 1st team since 1978 to play their final 3 games vs. teams to all start 10-3 or better (Patriots, Chiefs, Raiders)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2016, 12:55 AM
I think the only teams we've beaten that have winning records are the Bucs and Texans. So if you thought these last three weeks looked impossible already ...

NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch 1h1 hour ago

The 2016 Broncos are the 1st team since 1978 to play their final 3 games vs. teams to all start 10-3 or better (Patriots, Chiefs, Raiders)

I said 9-7 after the Raiders game. I think our only remaining win comes at home agaInst the Raiders

Magnificent Seven
12-14-2016, 01:09 AM
I said 9-7 after the Raiders game. I think our only remaining win comes at home agaInst the Raiders

Disagreed. Broncos will raise some hell with full aggressive and win all 3 games. I believe in Broncos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2016, 09:05 AM
Disagreed. Broncos will raise some hell with full aggressive and win all 3 games. I believe in Broncos.
I love the Broncos, , but giving up 4.5 ypc, and garnering a handful of first downs won't cut it against those teams. I'm hoping for high draft picks at this point

VonDoom
12-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 44m44 minutes ago

Broncos have released RB Terrell Watson from the practice squad and and signed RB Zac Brooks in his place.

VonDoom
12-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders at practice @DenverChannel

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Not practicing: Matt Paradis, Russell Okung. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

No Brandon Marshall or Todd Davis at practice. And no guarantee they play this week @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 25s26 seconds ago

Todd Davis watching practice, but not practicing. He appears further along than Marshall who hasn't run on hammy. Both in question for Sun.

Mike
12-14-2016, 02:32 PM
I won't mind if Davis is out. I think Zaire Anderson is better.

VonDoom
12-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Marshall, Davis, Paradis, Kreiter, Okung did not practice @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Kubiak: Tom Brady is "on a mission since he's come back" from the suspension. "You can just see how driven he is."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak: Donald Stephenson "has settled down and played better the last few weeks."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak @1043TheFan "We need to be more consistent (on OL). It's up to me. I believe in them...they're working their tail off"

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak @1043TheFan "We're very positive. We're playing the best team in football right now, but our coaches are very positive"

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 8m8 minutes ago

Kubiak: "our center has had some injuries but he's giving it up for his team". Read between lines, Paradis more injured than we thought.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: Brandon Marshall is "day to day," and Todd Davis "did some walk-through stuff today."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said #PAtriots. "They have always thrown ball well. But it's been impressive to me how they are running ball" @DenverChannel

dogfish
12-14-2016, 04:22 PM
FFS, just put kreiter on IR already-- we could really use that roster spot for another running back or D-lineman. . . carrying twelve WRs is bad enough, but how long do you use two roster spots on long snappers who don't do anything else? while you're using somebody like billy winn as your backup nosetackle. . . the fill-in snapper has been alright-- is kreiter really that valuable? meh. . .

Kubiak: "our center has had some injuries but he's giving it up for his team". Read between lines, Paradis more injured than we thought.

kinda figured as much. . . he was playing really well earlier in the year, but it has looked like it's caught up to him lately. . . that's okay, jaded still loves boise! it sucks when your one quality lineman has to be the guy that's hurt, though. . .

dogfish
12-14-2016, 04:33 PM
I won't mind if Davis is out. I think Zaire Anderson is better.

i'd like to see more of him, whether davis is back or not. . . he's quicker, seems plenty instinctive, and looks like he can tackle well enough for his size. . . we'll see if that holds up if he actually gets on the field for an extended period-- but it's not like this team doesn't have a history of finding and developing guys like woodyard, trevathan and marshall. . . having two ILBs that could run and cover was one of the aspects that contributed to our defensive dominance last year. . . if nothing else, would be nice to see if they can get some use out of zaire in sub-packages. . .

VonDoom
12-14-2016, 06:22 PM
FFS, just put kreiter on IR already-- we could really use that roster spot for another running back or D-lineman. . . carrying twelve WRs is bad enough, but how long do you use two roster spots on long snappers who don't do anything else? while you're using somebody like billy winn as your backup nosetackle. . . the fill-in snapper has been alright-- is kreiter really that valuable? meh. . .

kinda figured as much. . . he was playing really well earlier in the year, but it has looked like it's caught up to him lately. . . that's okay, jaded still loves boise! it sucks when your one quality lineman has to be the guy that's hurt, though. . .

I've been saying that about Kreiter for a while now. A long snapper is just dead weight if he's hurt that long

spikerman
12-14-2016, 07:11 PM
#Broncos Kubiak @1043TheFan "We need to be more consistent (on OL). It's up to me. I believe in them...they're working their tail off"

If he ever needs one again, he should leave this off his resume.

slim
12-14-2016, 07:14 PM
If he ever needs one again, he should leave this off his resume.

What is he supposed to say?

The OL sucks and our season is over...

spikerman
12-14-2016, 07:51 PM
What is he supposed to say?

The OL sucks and our season is over...
Sure, in private. He could also admit that he has no idea how to fix it.

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2016, 02:04 AM
It looks like WR Danny Amendola will not be able to play this Sunday. Check out the list of injuries.

It would be a big advantage for Broncos if Patriots play without Gronk and Amendola.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-15-2016, 09:14 AM
It looks like WR Danny Amendola will not be able to play this Sunday. Check out the list of injuries.

It would be a big advantage for Broncos if Patriots play without Gronk and Amendola.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

Hopefully Blount doesn't end up with 150
Yards rushing

EastCoastBronco
12-15-2016, 09:54 AM
If there is one thing I learned from last year (and years of watching #7) is that nothing is over until it is over.
If we are going to speculate we might as well speculate in the positive spectrum.
Brady is losing sleep this week, I'll guarantee it...with visions of Miller, Wolfe and Ware swirling in his head.
Darien Stewart is going to have a big week.
He's been quiet (by his standards) for a couple of weeks now and I think he's going to go off Sunday.

As cliche as it sounds... Playoffs start Sunday.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM
I hate to say it, but I think we're gonna get blown out. I think NE has at least 17 points in the first quarter and a lead of 24 by half. TS will make the appearance of a game of it in the second half when NE backs off, and we'll close the gap to within 10 points but then Brady will stop screwing around and finish us off.

This game plays into NE's hands perfectly - they can run, we can't stop it. They dink and dunk, neutralizing the pass rush. We have a young QB, they have a defensive mastermind. They have fast, pass catching RBs and a great TE, our two ILBs are questionable and even if they do play are not 100%. It's a recipe for disaster.

If we still had last years' defense we'd have a chance. I don't think this game will be close.

NE 31, Den 17. Denver never leads in the game.

underrated29
12-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Yep, I do not think we win this and I do not think itll be close. I am not worried about blount. I am worried about white and Lewis! So much so that I started Dion Lewis against us in my FF playoffs in my big money league. (starting Marty too). Our LBs are beat up and the backups suck- although I like Zaire better than Todd. Our pass rush has just been ok lately. I doubt we bring the heat like we did last time and I bet the RBs take the little dump offs and wheel routes for big gains against us. If I was Mcdaniels I would spread us out and hit the RBs and the TE across the middle all night long.

Mike
12-15-2016, 01:20 PM
I hate to say it, but I think we're gonna get blown out. I think NE has at least 17 points in the first quarter and a lead of 24 by half. TS will make the appearance of a game of it in the second half when NE backs off, and we'll close the gap to within 10 points but then Brady will stop screwing around and finish us off.

This game plays into NE's hands perfectly - they can run, we can't stop it. They dink and dunk, neutralizing the pass rush. We have a young QB, they have a defensive mastermind. They have fast, pass catching RBs and a great TE, our two ILBs are questionable and even if they do play are not 100%. It's a recipe for disaster.

If we still had last years' defense we'd have a chance. I don't think this game will be close.

NE 31, Den 17. Denver never leads in the game.

I don't think it will even be that close unless the defense scores. I am not looking forward to watching this one.

Poet
12-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Patriots 45

Denver 9

We can't stop any of their running backs. We can stop a lot of their short passing game strategy, but it won't matter. The Patriots defense is going to cornhole us. This will be TS' 4-5 turnover game that we all dreaded at the start of the season.

Buff
12-15-2016, 02:15 PM
I think it will be a tiny bit closer than you guys are anticipating because New England's defense is that bad and even worse than prior years. But I just don't see us being able to score enough points to beat Brady.

I also think that we better be careful because Brady is on his revenge tour and Von popped off pretty good after our playoff win next year about rubbing his nuts on Brady's face. They will be looking to score 100 points.

Poet
12-15-2016, 02:18 PM
After reading Buff's post....

56 to 17

slim
12-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Someone should bump the Pats/Broncos playoff game thread from.

It reads a lot like this one.

Timmy!
12-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Broncos 27
Pats 24

VonDoom
12-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Someone should bump the Pats/Broncos playoff game thread from.

It reads a lot like this one.

Well, it worked then, so why change now?

VonDoom
12-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 42m42 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak on LB Zaire Anderson "you never know until get thrown in there. Shows he was paying attention played well" @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 40m40 minutes ago

Kubiak said OC Rick Dennison missed last 2 practices w a family issue. Greg Knapp has been running the O. Kubiak expects Dennison back tmrw.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 40m40 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak @1043TheFan "we are in a battling mentality. I like our work the last two days

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 35m35 minutes ago

Kubiak is hopeful Todd Davis can practice tmrw. Will see a lot of Zaire Anderson regardless. Unlikely Brandon Marshall plays at this point.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 29m29 minutes ago

Coach Kubiak to @NickGriffithTV on QB @TrevorSiemian: "I've been part of raising a lot of QBs in this league, and I'm very proud of him."

VonDoom
12-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 26m26 minutes ago

#Broncos QB coach Greg Knapp on early criticism about Paxton Lynch: "Way too young." Praised his ball security, sees a lot of positives.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

Knapp on Trevor Siemian: "He gets it. He gets it. He likes the challenge. He doesn't question it."

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2016, 04:12 PM
All they have to do is just stop Brady and Blount. Keep them off the field.

Loud Fans & Orange Crush Defense are Brady's kryptonite.

Valar Morghulis
12-15-2016, 04:55 PM
I think it will be a tiny bit closer than you guys are anticipating because New England's defense is that bad and even worse than prior years. But I just don't see us being able to score enough points to beat Brady. I also think that we better be careful because Brady is on his revenge tour and Von popped off pretty good after our playoff win next year about rubbing his nuts on Brady's face. They will be looking to score 100 points.

I thought they had like the second ranked defense in the league???

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2016, 05:15 PM
I thought they had like the second ranked defense in the league???

They might I haven't looked, but when your schedule includes team like Cleveland, San Fran, and the Jets twice, those numbers tend to get a little skewed. :D

Mike
12-15-2016, 05:49 PM
All they have to do is just stop Brady and Blount. Keep them off the field.

Loud Fans & Orange Crush Defense are Brady's kryptonite.

Lol, is that all? We are King 3 and Out. Their offense is going to be on the field a lot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-15-2016, 06:16 PM
They might I haven't looked, but when your schedule includes team like Cleveland, San Fran, and the Jets twice, those numbers tend to get a little skewed. :D

Their front seven is stout and their secondary is decent. I think it's gonna be a long day.

slim
12-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Well, it worked then, so why change now?

Werd

7DnBrnc53
12-16-2016, 04:01 AM
Their front seven is stout and their secondary is decent. I think it's gonna be a long day.

That is a function of Belichick having them in the right positions, not talent.

As for the Broncos, they need to try to get a run game this week. If they can, they can possibly keep NE out of their deep zones and have a chance for some big plays.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2016, 10:40 AM
That is a function of Belichick having them in the right positions, not talent.

As for the Broncos, they need to try to get a run game this week. If they can, they can possibly keep NE out of their deep zones and have a chance for some big plays.

Malcom Brown is a very talented player, and so is Hightower. Patrick Chung is good, and so are there starting corners.

I think they have four pro bowl caliber players on their D and a bunch of solid role players. They're much better against the run than we are.

7DnBrnc53
12-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Malcom Brown is a very talented player, and so is Hightower. Patrick Chung is good, and so are there starting corners.

I think they have four pro bowl caliber players on their D and a bunch of solid role players. They're much better against the run than we are.

Their defense really hasn't played anyone that special the last several weeks. Even the Ravens really aren't that great right now (and, Flacco was Captain Checkdown in that game).

When they played a balanced offense like Seattle, they struggled. That is why Denver needs to show some semblance of a run game with Forsett and Booker this week. They have the WR's that can hurt that secondary.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Their defense really hasn't played anyone that special the last several weeks. Even the Ravens really aren't that great right now (and, Flacco was Captain Checkdown in that game).

When they played a balanced offense like Seattle, they struggled. That is why Denver needs to show some semblance of a run game with Forsett and Booker this week. They have the WR's that can hurt that secondary.

That makes sense but I'm not going to get my hopes up for this game

VonDoom
12-16-2016, 01:34 PM
I thought we might bring up Peko, but this is good too:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m1 minute ago

Broncos promoting OLB Vontarrius Dora from practice squad. Placing LS Casey Kreiter on IR with calf. #9sports

VonDoom
12-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Broncos ILB Brandon Marshall ruled OUT for Sunday. Fellow ILB Todd Davis will be listed as QUESTIONABLE.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 13m13 minutes ago

Davis will be reassessed tomorrow. Kubiak encouraged by what he saw from Davis today.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak said Rick Dennison should be back with team within a half hour. He missed 3 practice days dealing with family issue.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 10m10 minutes ago

Corey Nelson will start for Brandon Marshall. Zaire Anderson will play a good bit. If Todd Davis is able to play, he'll carry some of load.

VonDoom
12-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos added LB Kevin Snyder to practice squad on Thursday. Spent time w #Patriots this year. @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos keep rewarding guys from practice squad and opening up spots for new faces. LB Kevin Synder, who will wear 46, is newest addition.

Magnificent Seven
12-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Patriots' WR Danny Amendola is definitely out.

I am pumped to see Vontarrius Dora on the field!

dogfish
12-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Patriots' WR Danny Amendola is definitely out.

I am pumped to see Vontarrius Dora on the field!

don't get too pumped-- won't be a surprise if he doesn't dress. . . i'd guess this move is mostly about preventing a late-season vulture swoop on a guy we like for the future. . . unless they're going to use dekoda watson inside if davis sits, which is possible. . .

Simple Jaded
12-19-2016, 03:07 AM
Dora runs a 5.1 40, every single defensive lineman on the roster is faster than he is. Rich Eisen is somewhere laughing.

Hawgdriver
12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak said Rick Dennison should be back with team within a half hour. He missed 3 practice days dealing with family issue.

Hope all is well, but our OC missed 3 practice days last week? . . .