PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 14

BroncoWave
12-11-2016, 11:29 PM
I missed the entire first half of this game and watched the second half on mute, so I probably don't have much to add here, but I'll give it a shot.

Good:

DT/Sanders: They both made some really nice catches in the second half, helped to keep us in the game.

Miller: Also made some big plays down the stretch that helped keep us in the game.

Bad:

O-line: It's like a broken record at this point. Just can't do anything at all.

Fowler: Dropped what should have been the winning TD. Awful.

Our playoff chances are basically out the window now. Not totally giving up, but the remaining schedule just is not in our favor.

Like I said, really short thread this week, so please feel free to add what I missed.

Tned
12-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Like I said, really short thread this week, so please feel free to add what I missed.

Dan Fouts belongs in the "bad" column. Very wise move to watch the second half on mute, not to mention as bad as it was, it was far better on O and D then the Broncos did in the first half.

Tned
12-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Oh, and you pretty much have to put Booker and Forsett in bad column. Forsett ran ok, but costly fumble. Booker was worthless. Bad, bad game.

Poet
12-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Can we put Kubiak's playcalling in the bad column, my brother?

Hawgdriver
12-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Bad: watching your season slip away
Good: Talib giving that punk Douglas the business
Great: Von Miller, DT

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Dixon also belongs in the good column. Right on his season average, which is excellent for a rookie, two inside the 20, one inside the five and threw a fourth down pass.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Dan Fouts belongs in the "bad" column. Very wise move to watch the second half on mute, not to mention as bad as it was, it was far better on O and D then the Broncos did in the first half.

I took it off mute for a few seconds, heard it was Fouts, and put it right back on mute. Fouts is trash.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Does anyone have a clip of the dirty hit and ensuing Talib retaliation? I missed that part, but read about it.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:05 AM
My favorite Fouts moment was when Walker threw Harris out of the way by his helmet and Fouts started spouting off about how Harris mugged Walker.

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Does anyone have a clip of the dirty hit and ensuing Talib retaliation? I missed that part, but read about it.

Zoomed in, so not the best quality, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5beoudX5RQ

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Interesting, won't let it be embedded, but click on the link and go to youtube and you can watch it.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:09 AM
They about to talk about the Harris block on NFL Network right now Wave.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:10 AM
Can we put Kubiak's playcalling in the bad column, my brother?

Bro.......?

Bronco4ever
12-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Good: Siemian played well (mostly in the second half) despite a lot of drops and miscues around him.

Good: Talib retaliating on that douche bag Harry Douglas.

Bad: First half run D. Of course not our strength, but we got abused in the first quarter and it looked like the game was going to get out of hand. Thankfully we played much better in the 2nd half, but it was a little too late.

Bad: We are so bad at running the ball that we had to abandon it all together. We need some semblance of balance to keep the other defense honest.

Poet
Bro.......?

I have a good point though.

underrated29
DT had his best game in years! Was a baller.

He also dove for the football..........he actually, more or less, dove for the ball. He made a great catch with it too.

#DTISELITE

atwater27
12-12-2016, 12:16 AM
As tired as our defense is from being on the field all day, I still think our D-line and inside backers (except Dwolfe) are weak as hell. What good are amazing corners, safeties and OLB's when teams can just pop you in the mouth 30 times a game. What I want to see in offseason, a new OC, a new O-line a new D-line. and a Mike that can thump

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:20 AM
As tired as our defense is from being on the field all day, I still think our D-line and inside backers (except Dwolfe) are weak as hell. What good are amazing corners, safeties and OLB's when teams can just pop you in the mouth 30 times a game. What I want to see in offseason, a new OC, a new O-line a new D-line. and a Mike that can thump

They just flashed up 180 yards rushing given up, and an awful lot of them were when the defense was fresh. Our defense just sucks against the run this year, and throw in the recent sloppy tackling and it's not good.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Zoomed in, so not the best quality, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5beoudX5RQ

Wow, that's bad. He deserved any retaliation he got.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:29 AM
I have a good point though.

I thought we agreed that I'm right?

Poet
12-12-2016, 12:30 AM
I thought we agreed that I'm right?

We agreed that I was right.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:31 AM
Jaded, plan your reply to King's post wisely. Style points are at stake.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Deion Sanders basically said that Douglas hit was dirty unless Harris said something to hurt Douglas feelings. NFL Network still can't put a show together.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:44 AM
Jaded, plan your reply to King's post wisely. Style points are at stake.

Nothig is more stylegod than being right.

Poet
12-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Nothig is more stylegod than being right.

This is both true AND why you are not a stylegod. I am officially passing the title of Stylegod to BroncoWave. He will tend to things as I go on my pilgrimage to Styledonia.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:51 AM
This is both true AND why you are not a stylegod. I am officially passing the title of Stylegod to BroncoWave. He will tend to things as I go on my pilgrimage to Styledonia.

I humbly accept this honor. Best wishes on your pilgrimage.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:52 AM
This is rigged, I got the best style money can buy, you should see all my style. Tremendous style.

Poet
12-12-2016, 12:53 AM
This is rigged, I got the best style, you should see all my style. Tremendous style.

I might not make it back, man.

I love you, bro. Be good.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:54 AM
This is rigged, I got the best style, you should see all my style. Tremendous style.

-100 style points for daring to question the Stylegods. May I have mercy on your soul.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:55 AM
I might not make it back, man.

I love you, bro. Be good.

Stay strong, nothing worthwhile is easy...otherwise women would be doing it.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 12:56 AM
-100 style points for daring to question the Stylegods. May I have mercy on your soul.

If I could get that much for my soul I wouldn't still have one.

Poet
12-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Stay strong, nothing worthwhile is easy...otherwise women would be doing it.

Many women are stylegods.

Wave, I cannot take my title back until my pilgrimage is complete, but I ask you to dock Jaded for 5,000 style points, which would place his total at four.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Many women are stylegods.

Wave, I cannot take my title back until my pilgrimage is complete, but I ask you to dock Jaded for 5,000 style points, which would place his total at four.

So it is done. -5000 style points from Jaded.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 01:04 AM
The bad; Forsett's fumble.

The Good; the blocking on that play. Probably the best run play they've have in a while.

BroncoWave
12-12-2016, 01:07 AM
The bad; Forsett's fumble.

The Good; the blocking on that play. Probably the best run play they've have in a while.

Would you say Hillman would have done a better job of not fumbling on that play?

GEM
12-12-2016, 01:08 AM
The good: Talib is so hood!

Everything else was a dumpster fire.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 01:09 AM
Would you say Hillman would have done a better job of not fumbling on that play?

Tricky, he might have held on to the ball better but he'd probably have run up his G's ass instead.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2016, 02:20 AM
There aren't many good things to say about today's performance. There are so many things wrong: play calling and adjustments, both lines, Booker, the TE situation, penalties and discipline, most importantly, execution. Right now, there are a handful of guys (Sanders and DT, the secondary, Von and Wolfe, and Siemian - although he's only got marginal physical talent and will never be any more than the dreaded "game manager") seem to be the only ones who come to play every week. The rest of the team is completely hit or miss. You can't have only a fraction of the team playing to win every week and be successful.

Barring a bunch of catastrophic injuries, the team should improve somewhat or at least stop making the same mistakes repeatedly. Making new mistakes is fine but we're still doing the same shit that we were week one. Think about this, right now, we're one of the healthiest teams in the league. We don't have a bunch of starters out for the season. CJ is our only real "#1" guy on IR. There are teams out there doing more with less. This team is not only not a playoff team, it needs almost a complete overhaul (with the exception of WR 1 and 2) on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sorry to say that that includes coaching/play calling. If the team you have can't execute the game plan for whatever reason, change the plays you call.

Poet
12-12-2016, 02:23 AM
The best thing in the entire game was Talib being a leader and giving Douglass what he deserved. Sometimes on defense it looks like we lost that edge.

Valar Morghulis
12-12-2016, 02:54 AM
The good.... My new cellar is awesome for watching the game

I had some nice snacks

Our wide receivers

Our last 1 1/2 quarters on offense (and defense)

Before I was only taking the piss because I hate the controversy caused by lynch 12...... But now I think I actually see some quality in TFS. He made some mistakes sure, but he made good decisions and this was the first time I thought I saw progress (flame away)

Dixon, that fake punt made me moist

The bad.... I'm just gonna focus on the good this week lol

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 03:03 AM
On one of Orakpo's sacks, it was an E/T stunt where Paradis, Garcia and Okung block the T and let the E come in untouched. This should be embarrassing at some point but apparently not...these are the dudes that wanna blame the scheme/playcalling because they simply can't do what they're asked to do.

It doesn't get more basic in the NFL than an E/T stunt.

Simple Jaded
12-12-2016, 03:06 AM
Siemian missed a wide open Sunshine on the drive that stalled on the 5.

Hawgdriver
12-12-2016, 11:17 AM

You may.

NightTerror218
12-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Game was ugly. Offense did not show up for 45 minutes. A little too late. Siemian made bettwr plays down the stretch but a few bad decisions and missed oppurtunities. Like he missed a WR in end zone on forced pass when sanders was wide open on crossing route. I think it was the drive we went 4 and out. Fowler TD drop. Derby and forrsett fumbles. OL nit able to run block worth a damn but pass blocking is better. DT and sanders made some amazing catches.

Sucks having a lock down secondary when they can bypass it and just run the ball.

Buff
12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
The Bad:

Did we set a record for stalled drives and punts in that game? The offense shouldn't be allowed to collect their paychecks today aside from DT and Sanders, who are the only reason that we score any points from week to week. Play calling, offensive line play, QB play, RB play, TE play - it's all below average.

The unfortunate thing about this team is that we have the talent to compete with everyone and can beat any team - so it's going to be all the more painful when we watch the playoffs from home.

That Derby fumble was especially soul crushing as it seemed like despite everything we had the momentum and the time time to drive down to tie and/or score there.

The Titans defense has been embarrassed by everyone and can't generate a turnover to save their lives, yet we make them look like the best defense in football. This is the end of the line for optimism and excuse making for the 2016 Broncos offense. They simply are what they are - which is a bumbling bunch of dopes with 2 Pro Bowl WRs.

The Good:

That fake punt was stellar. DT and Sanders balled out as usual. Dixon kept us in the game with his punting. Talib will **** you up if you mess with us.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2016, 11:41 AM

He also threw an easy TD pass to DT extremely late allowing the DB to break it up. DT was wide open coming out of his break but the ball was late and behind him forcing him to stop, turn, and jump with a DB in his face. That was the drive we came away with zero points because of the failed 4th down.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Siemian has the 2nd highest passer rating in the 4th quarter in the league. Can we just tell him it's the 4th quarter from the start? In all seriousness, those numbers are inflated because we're usually down by 2 scores going into the 4th and have to throw combined with other teams laying off and playing safe on defense.

Tned
12-12-2016, 11:57 AM
That Derby fumble was especially soul crushing as it seemed like despite everything we had the momentum and the time time to drive down to tie and/or score there.

Time management and passing decisions in that last drive were questionable as well. If they are going to throw the middle of the field, they needed to pick up larger chunks of yardage, or they need to throw to the sideline on the short throws and get out of bounds. They were burning too much clock for every yard gained.

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Siemian has the 2nd highest passer rating in the 4th quarter in the league. Can we just tell him it's the 4th quarter from the start? In all seriousness, those numbers are inflated because we're usually down by 2 scores going into the 4th and have to throw combined with other teams laying off and playing safe on defense.

I posted this yesterday, I see the Broncos in the first two to three quarters a lot like the old Reeves/Elway days. Obviously not comparing TS to Elway (although it would be nice if some day we can compare Lynch to him), but I mean in terms of play calling. Kubiak comes out week in and week out with what appears to be a failed game plan. Then, at a certain point, maybe a two minute drill at the end of the half, or maybe in the third quarter or maybe in the fourth quarter, they ditch the plan and start going to more of a spread/hurry up/shotgun type play calling and low and behold, the offense moves the ball.

Buff
12-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Time management and passing decisions in that last drive were questionable as well. If they are going to throw the middle of the field, they needed to pick up larger chunks of yardage, or they need to throw to the sideline on the short throws and get out of bounds. They were burning too much clock for every yard gained.

I wasn't worried about that - we had about a minute left on their 29 yard line which was plenty of time. They were giving us the underneath routes and we were taking them. It reminded me of the final Chiefs drive against us a couple weeks ago.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I wasn't worried about that - we had about a minute left on their 29 yard line which was plenty of time. They were giving us the underneath routes and we were taking them. It reminded me of the final Chiefs drive against us a couple weeks ago.

I think we had all 3 time outs as well - maybe only two, I don't remember.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 12:55 PM
I think we had all 3 time outs as well - maybe only two, I don't remember.

They took the second right before the fumble.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 12:58 PM
The bad:

First three quarters of offense. I think they only had three or four first downs up to that point.

I know the Titans have a pretty good running game, but the middle of the defense was non-existent in the first half. Phillips did make an adjustment at halftime or the defense stepped up (hard to tell which).

Fumbles.

The good:
Denver has a pair of stud wide receivers.

Aqib Talib.

The fake punt was about the only fun play in the game. It was just an ugly game, played at what felt like the pace the Titans wanted it played at.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 01:03 PM

Siemian just isn't very good, but there's not much they can do in-season, as Lynch is either not very good or not ready to go.

Davii
12-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Good: Siemian played well (mostly in the second half) despite a lot of drops and miscues around him.

Good: Talib retaliating on that douche bag Harry Douglas.

Bad: First half run D. Of course not our strength, but we got abused in the first quarter and it looked like the game was going to get out of hand. Thankfully we played much better in the 2nd half, but it was a little too late.

Bad: We are so bad at running the ball that we had to abandon it all together. We need some semblance of balance to keep the other defense honest.

He played ok, but not good enough. He missed some reads, underthrew some open long balls, on the goal to go turnover on downs he was late and off target to an open DT on third and didn't give either one a chance on 4th down, etc. He was pretty good at all times except third down or other times where we really needed him. Most of his production was on 1st and 2nd downs, if we had a third it was a good chance we weren't picking it up until the very end of the game.

I'm not saying Lynch is a better answer, I don't think he is, but TS is not playing as well as it's being made out to be.

GEM
12-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Siemian just isn't very good, but there's not much they can do in-season, as Lynch is either not very good or not ready to go.

Thank goodness Lynch12 is gone, I won't get my head bitten off for saying this. Dennison and Kubiak have outright said they had to dial back the offense for Lynch. Siemian is what we are stuck with, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Now, I don't think it's quite as bad as you do, but that's ok. I just think it all starts and ends with this pathetic offensive line. If they had even just a couple good players, I think Siemian would look much better, but we don't, so he don't. I think they should do what Schlereth said this morning. Let them all line up on the field and let the defense take free hits on them so they can know what their qb is feeling every play of every game. Schlereth went off on the line this morning...it was great!I hope every one of those jackasses heard it or the coaches play it for them.

slim
12-12-2016, 01:54 PM
He played ok, but not good enough. He missed some reads, underthrew some open long balls, on the goal to go turnover on downs he was late and off target to an open DT on third and didn't give either one a chance on 4th down, etc. He was pretty good at all times except third down or other times where we really needed him. Most of his production was on 1st and 2nd downs, if we had a third it was a good chance we weren't picking it up until the very end of the game.

I'm not saying Lynch is a better answer, I don't think he is, but TS is not playing as well as it's being made out to be.

Statistically, there is very little difference between the two. Siemian hasn't played as well as most people say and Lynch hasn't played as poorly as most people claim.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Thank goodness Lynch12 is gone, I won't get my head bitten off for saying this. Dennison and Kubiak have outright said they had to dial back the offense for Lynch. Siemian is what we are stuck with, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Now, I don't think it's quite as bad as you do, but that's ok. I just think it all starts and ends with this pathetic offensive line. If they had even just a couple good players, I think Siemian would look much better, but we don't, so he don't. I think they should do what Schlereth said this morning. Let them all line up on the field and let the defense take free hits on them so they can know what their qb is feeling every play of every game. Schlereth went off on the line this morning...it was great!I hope every one of those jackasses heard it or the coaches play it for them.

Lynch isn't good either. They can't fix this in-season.

Mike
12-12-2016, 02:00 PM
It's impossible to get a read on QBs because of the line. Neither of these two should be expected to carry the offense in their first season starting. But no run game demands all pressure be put on them. And the coaches refuse to make any kind of adapting to fix the problem, but keep pounding a square peg in a round hole.

I like Siemian and still think he could be the guy. Lynch is still too much of a project to know what we have in him. But unless the team fixes the oline and invests in a good TE the offense will stink. Throw in a good slot WR in that as well.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 02:01 PM

Austin Davis!

slim
12-12-2016, 02:04 PM
It's impossible to get a read on QBs because of the line. Neither of these two should be expected to carry the offense in their first season starting. But no run game demands all pressure be put on them. And the coaches refuse to make any kind of adapting to fix the problem, but keep pounding a square peg in a round hole.

I like Siemian and still think he could be the guy. Lynch is still too much of a project to know what we have in him. But unless the team fixes the oline and invests in a good TE the offense will stink. Throw in a good slot WR in that as well.

I think this is a fair point. All things considered, it's hard to be critical of either QB at this point.

But Siemian just seems like Matt Schaub v 2.0 to me. I just can't see him ever being anything more than that. Maybe that's unfair, but I can't see it.

Northman
12-12-2016, 02:09 PM

I agree with most of this aside from the idea that Siemian would be the guy. I think Trevor is a solid backup kind of guy but im not sure if he is ultimately a playmaker at his position which is something that Denver needs. Lynch may not be that guy either BUT he was drafted to sort of be the guy going forward. Never the less the Oline needs to be addressed in a big way next year.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 02:16 PM
I think this is a fair point. All things considered, it's hard to be critical of either QB at this point.

But Siemian just seems like Matt Schaub v 2.0 to me. I just can't see him ever being anything more than that. Maybe that's unfair, but I can't see it.

I would love for Siemian to be Matt Schaub.

GEM
12-12-2016, 02:18 PM

Exactly. When a player can't get all of the playbook down this far into the season, I'm a bit worried about his iq.

broncofaninfla
12-12-2016, 02:24 PM
The run defense was significantly better when Davis went out and Anderson came in. Anderson and Nelson seem to be a better option than Marshall and Davis.

Tned
12-12-2016, 02:24 PM

Based on what we know/have seen to date, Siemian looks to be the better option for '17, but that is still a long way off. Lynch could grow a lot in that time, but many draft "experts" listed him as a 2-3 year project, IF he made the leap to NFL at all.

I still think next year chances in terms of starter are:
50% Siemian
35% Lynch
15% QB not on roster today.

Poet
12-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Exactly. When a player can't get all of the playbook down this far into the season, I'm a bit worried about his iq.

I'm not. He's a young QB who played with a small playbook in college. If I recall correctly, the Denver coaching staff and scouts were more than comfortable with his QB intellect.

Davii
12-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Romo for QB 2017.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Romo for QB 2017.

I don't want this to happen, but I wasn't thrilled when PFM came here either.

So, that's that.

NightTerror218
12-12-2016, 02:35 PM

I think the offense is dialed back with siemian as well due to lack of athletic ability.

But what holds to offense back the moat is OL and RBs. Offense is built off the run for play action and bootlegs. No way those will work when you have no ground attack.

Lynch is not ready and prob needs more live action to lwt the game slow down. He is so giddy in there and wants to make plays and makes bad decisions.

By not athletic enough for siemian.....he rarely ever moves around in the pocket. He slides a little in pocket. He also is still getting too deep in his drops. He rarely throws into middle of field.

So much easier to pick on siemian than lynch since siemian ays more. Lynch is still a question mark. But if we lose another game and are out the tue playoffs. I could see lynch starting to get him up to speed and more live time. If we go with lynch we are only playing for draft picks anyways.

broncofaninfla
12-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I've got nothing but optimism and respect for Siemian. Considering our OL sucks and we have no running game I'm totally happy with him as our QB. Of the 4 QB's who have played under Kubes for the past two seasons I think Siemian has easily played the best. The kid has a strong arm, smart and can make any throw. If Elway and company fix the OL and running backs issues and improve on the dreadful play calling I think Siemian will be one of the top QB's in the league next year.

Poet
12-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Romo for QB 2017.

I love Romo.

My hype level would be so high I'd lose my mind, try to do a cartwheel, tear all my knee ligaments, and then explode!

Let's ******* do it.

Tned
12-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Romo for QB 2017.

Who takes over in the 2nd half of game one after our line breaks him?

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I love Romo.

My hype level would be so high I'd lose my mind, try to do a cartwheel, tear all my knee ligaments, and then explode!

Let's ******* do it.

All of the sudden, I'm on the Romo train!

:yo:

Poet
12-12-2016, 02:47 PM

I'm not even mad.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 02:49 PM
I'm not even mad.

Well, at least you already have 25% of that list taken care of... Baby steps...

BigDaddyBronco
12-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Watch, Kinger is going to flip out in a second.

Romo is a nicer, better teammate version of Jay Cutler. Always hurt, never clutch.

If Romo came here he would do just enough to put us in a position to almost make it, and then he would throw a pick 6 and lose.

I really like Romo (and hate Cutler), but please keep him away from this team.

Poet
12-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Romo has a wonderful fourth quarter comeback record.

I don't actually want him -- we drafted Lynch and have TS. The answer is there

Mike
12-12-2016, 03:35 PM
I don't know how to do the twitter quote thing....but this is from Vic Lombardi quoting Kubiak today.

"Kubiak on his offensive struggles last two years: "we won a lot of games. So somebody is doing something right". Hmmmm"

https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/status/808391164185473024

This is the same type quote that made me hate Fox (i.e. not too shabby). It is some bullshit thinking. This team wins because of defense.

tripp
12-12-2016, 04:34 PM
I don't think Siemian is the problem at all.

I think the problem is the O-line and the play calling, we knew this going into the season. The alarming part is, it hasn't gotten better. We signed Okung and Stephenson thinking they'd help, but it hasn't. There has been any corrections, or improvement throughout the season, and we're relying on what is basically a rookie QB to power his way through games with just his arm since the run game isn't existent.

If you knew going into yesterday's game that we would hold Tennessee to 13 pts, you would of thought we won.

It seems like every opening drive we start off with a 5 yard in/out route. Try to run the ball on 2nd down, fail, try to throw it on 3rd, fail, rinse and repeat. I hope we can somehow hang onto Wade Phillips for a long time, and I hope Kubiak googles playbooks from other teams because what he's doing, isn't working.

BigDaddyBronco
12-12-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm not. He's a young QB who played with a small playbook in college. If I recall correctly, the Denver coaching staff and scouts were more than comfortable with his QB intellect.

Everyone projected for him to be a project. He had to be taught how to line up under center in training camp.

Tned
12-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Everyone projected for him to be a project. He had to be taught how to line up under center in training camp.

Let's hope Elway didn't teach him what linemen's butt to stick his hands under.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-12-2016, 07:25 PM
I'd rather have Perry Como then Tony Romo

spikerman
12-12-2016, 08:37 PM
I'd rather have Perry Como then Tony Romo

You dug deep for that reference. Well done.

dogfish
12-13-2016, 12:21 AM
i'm afraid our line might actually get romo killed on live television. . . probably a poor idea. . . we're better off spending our cap space to get some actual NFL-caliber linemen, and developing the young QBs we have. . .

Traveler
12-13-2016, 05:23 AM
How many years did John Fox coach before Elway fired him? I believe it was 3 years. Anyway, I'm guessing that if Elway and company actually get better players along the OL and things remain the same on offense next year, Kubiak will be gone. Kubiak's comment yesterday about "winning a lots of games the last 2 years so somebody is doing something right" definitely rubbed me the wrong way. Thing is, the somebody doing something right is Wade Phillips.

Wade did on defense what Kubiak refuses to do on offense which is to build an offense around the players you have, not force players to fit a system.

While it sounds like I'm advocating firing Kubiak, this is not the case. I believe he can be a good HC, but he should be relieved of his OC dutiis after the season is over.

Valar Morghulis
12-13-2016, 07:12 AM
How many years did John Fox coach before Elway fired him? I believe it was 3 years.

One and done
Superbowl
One and done, fired

Hawgdriver
12-13-2016, 10:39 AM

I'll take Matt Schaub v 2.0 if they can run the ball.

Tned
12-13-2016, 11:11 AM

With this defense, all they needed was a good running game and a game manager at QB that limits turnovers.

pnbronco
12-13-2016, 11:45 AM

I missed this yesterday....heck this the great of the good....:elefant:

I love Skink and the examples he's said makes a whole lot of sense to me on the shows I've seen/heard him on. I've always heard it all begins in the trenches.....right now our O line has serious issues, well they have for awhile but Peyton covered a lot of woes there. Without a Hall of Fame, even a old one, those issues have been exposed. We have a true rookie QB and one that might of well be at least Brock got to carry the clip board most of last year when he wasn't playing.

Then we lost our mini Peyton in CJ....he could block and could help TS with reading the D and plays in general.

Malik made our run D so much better and I think that's the missing link in our D trench and Ware has lost what ever that magic was last year. Marshall has been fighting that hamstring for a while now and he is really important out there with Danny being gone.

When Peyton retired we lost that football mind and leadership, it left a big void. With his skills going down so much I thought it would be easier to replace than it has been. We don't have a O line to help our young QB and the D is getting worn down....

slim
12-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Not me. He always failed in the clutch....always.

slim
12-13-2016, 12:17 PM
Pick six, fumble, throw into double coverage....he just couldn't produce when it mattered.

Northman
12-13-2016, 12:19 PM
I missed this yesterday....heck this the great of the good....:elefant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

Mike
12-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Pick six, fumble, throw into double coverage....he just couldn't produce when it mattered.

It's too early to make any comparisons. At this point, he has exceeded expectation and shows promise. He will make bad decisions, miss reads, takes sacks, throw picks. It's what young players do. At minimum, we have a pretty good backup. I think we have a good starter if we can get the oline and run game fixed.

Tned
12-13-2016, 12:57 PM
It's too early to make any comparisons. At this point, he has exceeded expectation and shows promise. He will make bad decisions, miss reads, takes sacks, throw picks. It's what young players do. At minimum, we have a pretty good backup. I think we have a good starter if we can get the oline and run game fixed.

I might have read that wrong, but I think he was describing Matt Schaub and saying he didn't want a Matt Schaub 2.0

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2016, 12:58 PM

Agreed

slim
12-13-2016, 01:50 PM
I might have read that wrong, but I think he was describing Matt Schaub and saying he didn't want a Matt Schaub 2.0

Correct.

It's too early to say Siemian is Schaub 2.0, but that is what I see when I watch him.

Hopefully he develops and becomes the guy.

Tned
12-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Correct.

It's too early to say Siemian is Schaub 2.0, but that is what I see when I watch him.

Hopefully he develops and becomes the guy.

Coming into this season, I would have been overjoyed if he just showed that he could be a viable backup, since I figured he would be like most of the Broncos late round QB picks, which is that he would never see the field.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2016, 04:13 PM
i'm afraid our line might actually get romo killed on live television. . . probably a poor idea. . . we're better off spending our cap space to get some actual NFL-caliber linemen, and developing the young QBs we have. . .

Too classy a guy to have that on our consciousness.

dogfish
12-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Too classy a guy to have that on our consciousness.

i'm not really all that classy, but thanks for the vote of confidence!

NightTerror218
12-13-2016, 07:16 PM
When offense has needed to make plays this season iit has not happened. That was something we had going for us last year. If we needed a 1st down manning would get that first down.