PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Titans week)

VonDoom
12-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Kubiak decided to do a walkthrough today instead of a normal practice, as he felt the team was struggling with fatigue.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 45m45 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall (hamstring) was the only defensive player on the 53-man roster not on the field for the defensive walk-through this a.m.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos QB Trevor Siemian came out for walkthrough today. He was active in an early drill during open viewing period. Promising sign.

VonDoom
12-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Some random Titans facts:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago

One of every 8.65 pass plays for @Titans covers 20 or more yards. That's the best rate in the AFC & the 2nd-best in the NFL (behind ATL).

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Test for #Broncos D v. #Titans will come on 3rd down & red zone. TENN converting 47% of 3rdD (4th in NFL) & TD on 72.5% of RZ trips (1st).

VonDoom
12-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 15m15 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall, Casey Kreiter did not practice. Trevor Siemian was a limited participant in #Broncos practice. Siemian threw today.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall remains day-to-day, Kubiak said

Siemian "did what we asked him to do today." He has orthotics in his left shoe.

Kubiak: Justin Forsett "understands exactly what we're doing," and "can help us really quick." Said Booker can learn from Forsett.

Kubiak: "It was a blessing" that Forsett got let go by the Lions, given the Sunday injury to Bibbs.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Kubiak expects Forsett to play this week and split time with Booker "just like Kapri would have."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak, on the QBs: "We're going to get them both ready to play."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak, on Mariota: "The thing I'm most impressed with is how well he protects the football and the game."

VonDoom
12-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Rick Dennison: Justin Forsett has "always been productive, he's always been sharp on all his assignments ... I think he'll be ready."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Dennison, on Paxton Lynch: "He's progressed in certain areas," noted that he needs to improve going deep into call sheet later in game.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison said was impressed with Lynch study and preparation. Showed was ready in Saturday meeting. @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian: "I'm feeing better. Still taking it one day at a time."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos @TrevorSiemian "I feel like I have gotten better everyday. Everything gone well so far. Fingers crossed." @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos @TrevorSiemian said "You want to play. But you want to play well" That's key.. Needs to be healthy enough to compete @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 43s43 seconds ago

Trevor Siemian said he sent his side-by-side foot in the tub photo to Peyton Manning before posting. He said PM laughed.

VonDoom
12-07-2016, 04:29 PM
TV maps are up - not sure why people in Arizona and Minnesota have to be subjected to the Jets/49ers game, but I didn't make the schedule:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14

Buff
12-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Ugh, Dan Fouts. The 2nd worst announcer named Dan of all time ranked behind only Dan Dierdorf.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:11 PM

One of every 8.65 pass plays for @Titans covers 20 or more yards. That's the best rate in the AFC & the 2nd-best in the NFL (behind ATL).

Test for #Broncos D v. #Titans will come on 3rd down & red zone. TENN converting 47% of 3rdD (4th in NFL) & TD on 72.5% of RZ trips (1st).

Id imagine those 3rd and 10 or less are being converted by mariota because of his legs. If we can keep them in 3rd and longs and lay some blows on him we should be okay.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:13 PM
The team shouldn't force Trevor back like last time, he's a guy that just doesn't have the talent to be effective playing injured, id just roll with lynch another week.

LawDog
12-07-2016, 08:24 PM
The team shouldn't force Trevor back like last time, he's a guy that just doesn't have the talent to be effective playing injured, id just roll with lynch another week.

Nonsense.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 09:41 PM

This is so weird, cause the balanced running/passing system is supposed to be what's holding the Broncos back from being the Greatest Show Eva. I hope the Titans know they're wasting their window.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Give. It. A. Rest.

Seriously.

spikerman
12-07-2016, 09:42 PM
This is so weird, cause the balanced running/passing system is supposed to be what's holding the Broncos back from being the Greatest Show Eva.

What's holding them back is their inability to do either one well.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 09:46 PM
What's holding them back is their inability to do either one well.

I'd settle for "adequate" at this point. "Poorly" would be an upgrade.

Hawgdriver
12-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Hey guys. *woah* Who farted? It's like someone had a bowl of baked beans and washed it down with a sixer of the hoppiest IPA on the planet, and then multiplied it by a dogfart.

Oh. Hey, Lynch12.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Somebody's baking brownies.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5219/brandon-pettigrew

Should maybe dump one of your worthless WR's and see if this guy can help your inept running game.

Nomad
12-07-2016, 10:22 PM
TV maps are up - not sure why people in Arizona and Minnesota have to be subjected to the Jets/49ers game, but I didn't make the schedule:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14

Awesome....we get the game up here.....for now. I'm surprised most of the nation doesn't have Bills/Steelers.

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Id imagine those 3rd and 10 or less are being converted by mariota because of his legs. If we can keep them in 3rd and longs and lay some blows on him we should be okay.

Containing QB runs on 3rd and long is, like, our D's biggest weakness. I don't expect that to suddenly fix itself this week.

Joel
12-07-2016, 10:36 PM

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14I've got Houston@Indy, which makes sense (that game and ours is likely to decide the AFCS) but still sucks. On the other hand, my wife and daughter are landing IN Houston at 2PM that day, so I won't be watching football anyway.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5219/brandon-pettigrew

Should maybe dump one of your worthless WR's and see if this guy can help your inept running game.
You and your pumped up FBs....

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Containing QB runs on 3rd and long is, like, our D's biggest weakness. I don't expect that to suddenly fix itself this week.

Confirmed.

The drawback to running so much man coverage.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:42 PM
I've got Houston@Indy, which makes sense (that game and ours is likely to decide the AFCS) but still sucks. On the other hand, my wife and daughter are landing IN Houston at 2PM that day, so I won't be watching football anyway.

You and your pumped up FBs....

He's probably done anyway but he'd be no more/less useless than the 10th WR.

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Confirmed.

The drawback to running so much man coverage.

Hopefully they will have a spy on Mariota in 3rd and long situations. It might be at the expense of our pass rush, but I would trade a sack or 2 for not giving up 2 or 3 huge chunk running plays to the QB.

Joel
12-07-2016, 10:46 PM
This is so weird, cause the balanced running/passing system is supposed to be what's holding the Broncos back from being the Greatest Show Eva. I hope the Titans know they're wasting their window.
It said 1/8.65 PASSES are >20 yds, not PLAYS: They've called 380 passes to 356 runs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2016.htm), a difference of <3% that's pretty freakin' balanced.

The difference is that when they DO pass, it's for a TON, as it should be; running dinks and dunks far better with far less risk. Especially for a team like Tennessee that nets 4.8/att on the ground; even their 6th best 7.3/att through the air's not much more than that, and few runs are incomplete, intercepted or 7+ yd sacks.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Hopefully they will have a spy on Mariota in 3rd and long situations. It might be at the expense of our pass rush, but I would trade a sack or 2 for not giving up 2 or 3 huge chunk running plays to the QB.

I think they'll muck rush a lot too, like Luck and Newton, rush him but try like hell to keep him in pocket. I won't pretend to be a coach but I would think if spy Mariotta too much their TE might be even more of a weakness for this defense. I forget their TE name but he's pretty good, used to be Vernon Davis' backup in SF.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:58 PM
It said 1/8.65 PASSES are >20 yds, not PLAYS: They've called 380 passes to 356 runs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2016.htm), a difference of <3% that's pretty freakin' balanced.

The difference is that when they DO pass, it's for a TON, as it should be; running dinks and dunks far better with far less risk. Especially for a team like Tennessee that nets 4.8/att on the ground; even their 6th best 7.3/att through the air's not much more than that, and few runs are incomplete, intercepted or 7+ yd sacks.

Well yeah, 220, 221... whatever it takes.

VonDoom
12-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

Broncos have signed DT Travis Raciti to their practice squad #9sports

Lynch12
12-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Give. It. A. Rest.

Seriously.

Are you insane? Have we not seen the Trevor everyone was saying was injured as an excuse the last time he came back? Smh

Lynch12
12-08-2016, 12:20 PM

Has been for a while but they destroyed cam Newton so there's always that.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Are you insane? Have we not seen the Trevor everyone was saying was injured as an excuse the last time he came back? Smh

I am not sure where you live, but all of the local media here reported after the SD game that Trevor was still not 100% with his shoulder injury, still having pain, etc. With all of the local media reporting that, I would like for you to post written information stating that his injury was nothing more than an excuse, as I have not ran across any of that.

Lynch12
12-08-2016, 01:28 PM
If a player is hurt to the point they are hurting the team by being ineffective then they should pull themselves, like Manning said he should have done in hindsight. So if you are on the field I don't want to hear excuses about you being hurt as the reason why you are not playing well.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2016, 01:56 PM
If a player is hurt to the point they are hurting the team by being ineffective then they should pull themselves, like Manning said he should have done in hindsight. So if you are on the field I don't want to hear excuses about you being hurt as the reason why you are not playing well.

Are you saying that you actually read or heard where Trevor said that he was still hurt, and that is why he did not play well?

Lynch12
12-08-2016, 02:03 PM
You just said it for him, right along with everyone else around here. Just excuses.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2016, 02:11 PM
You just said it for him, right along with everyone else around here. Just excuses.

How so?

MOtorboat
12-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Simian was poor for four games and he was hurt. If he's hurt now, he shouldn't be playing. Fully healthy Siemian is serviceable. Hurt Siemian is below replacement level and should be replaced.

swaiy
12-08-2016, 02:17 PM

Let's be honest, if Lynch was the starter, you wouldn't be singing that same tune. The career Lynch is going to have has yet to be determined but your boy doesn't look ready. He was cheeks last game. Just needs more time yet we have fanatics such as yourself that believe otherwise.

VonDoom
12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Ryan Koenigsberg ‏@RyanKoenigsberg 6m6 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian out here and throwing at Broncos practice.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall isn't practicing again w/ hamstring injury. Leaning more toward him being out Sunday & Corey Nelson getting the start.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian taking reps. Paxton Lynch also expected to take reps. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 44s44 seconds ago

Matt Paradis is practicing. #9sports

VonDoom
12-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 33s34 seconds ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Siemian and Paradis limited..@DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13s14 seconds ago

Siemian and Lynch split reps "probably right down the middle," Kubiak said. "What we asked him to do today, he was able to do."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s33 seconds ago

Kubiak: Siemian practiced with his orthotics ... "very encouraging .. we're where we thought we would be today."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s28 seconds ago

Kubiak on Siemian: "If you're going to send a guy out there, he has to be able to move around. He moved today."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10s10 seconds ago

Kubiak on Forsett: "My expectations are for him to spell Book and play. ... Good presence to have on our team."

Tned
12-08-2016, 04:13 PM
what exactly is orthotics. Is that like a doctor scholls gel insert?

VonDoom
12-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos @DeMarcusWare on #titans "we are playing a team that can really run the ball" @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago

D-Ware says that the "first line of defense" -- DL -- has to be on point vs. Murray. Can't run up the field, "do your own deal" vs. him

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 16m16 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware said his goal is to steal his opponent's heart so they shake his hand at the end of the game b/c they got their butt beat.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware: Von Miller started this season where he ended last year. Says Miller is in position to be Defensive Player of the Year.

VonDoom
12-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips: "Mariota has really improved this yr. He throws ball downfield as well as anybody in league right now." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Phillips: TEN TE Delanie Walker "is a real threat ... he's their No. 1 target, and you can see why ... he's such a talent."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Wade Phillips on Von Miller: "I've never seen a guy get double-teamed as much as he was last game."

tripp
12-08-2016, 05:26 PM
If Paxton Lynch starts, I think I'll go ahead and finally paint the bathroom my wife has been asking me to paint for the last couple of months... watching it dry will be far more entertaining than watching Paxton Lynch go 3 and out 10 times.

pnbronco
12-08-2016, 05:32 PM

Think more arch support like but custom made to support whatever is going wrong with his foot.

nevcraw
12-08-2016, 05:52 PM
If Paxton Lynch starts, I think I'll go ahead and finally paint the bathroom my wife has been asking me to paint for the last couple of months... watching it dry will be far more entertaining than watching Paxton Lynch go 3 and out 10 times.

It's not like 3 and outs for the Broncos this year are specified to just Lynch. Trev has been MVP of the league at 3 and outs. and it certainly has hurt our defense in the last month and change..

I Eat Staples
12-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Mariota will rarely run on a called passing play unless he's chased. Considering their receivers are trash, I'd rather just let him stand in the pocket than pressure him into running for 1st downs.

Whoever starts for us at QB, if they don't light up Tennessee's secondary, it will be pretty disappointing. Matt Barkley torched them for ~350 yards even with about 7 wide open passes being dropped.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 09:59 AM

Or see what Austin Davis has...We won't win this game with Lynch...

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 10:02 AM

What's the excuse when you aren't hurt and aren't playing well? Because I'd love to heard that excuse for Lynch....

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Basically yea, foot support inserts. I have a nasty case of Plantair facitus and have to wear the to support my arches. Just something to make it as easy as possible on his foot.

I Eat Staples
12-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Or see what Austin Davis has...We won't win this game with Lynch...

Let's not go that far. Tennessee isn't a good team, especially defensively.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Let's not go that far. Tennessee isn't a good team, especially defensively.

They are a very good team offensively (though lacking serious threats outside of Delanie Walker for receptions) Their running game is very good and our run defense isn't. We are going to have to put points up on the board offensively to win this one.

We've played how many terrible defenses this year and laid eggs? Trevor might not even be enough to get this one done unless he plays like he did the second half vs KC, but I have zero faith in Lynch's ability to lead this team.

Buff
12-09-2016, 10:52 AM
My concern is that Tennessee's offense matches up well against our defense. They have an elite RB and TE, and a playmaking QB who can exploit man coverage with his legs. We tend to match up better with teams who rely on their outside receivers as opposed to strong TE/RB pairs.

It would be nice if we could somehow get a lead and take them out of their game a little bit - force them to throw more than they'd like.

I Eat Staples
12-09-2016, 11:08 AM
They are a very good team offensively (though lacking serious threats outside of Delanie Walker for receptions) Their running game is very good and our run defense isn't. We are going to have to put points up on the board offensively to win this one.

We've played how many terrible defenses this year and laid eggs? Trevor might not even be enough to get this one done unless he plays like he did the second half vs KC, but I have zero faith in Lynch's ability to lead this team.

I'm not saying that we're going to win, or even that we should necessarily. But saying we WON'T win if Lynch starts is a bit extreme.

I Eat Staples
12-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Tennessee is going to be good, but they're not there yet. They have a great O-line and a franchise QB, once they get a true receiving threat, a pass rusher and a secondary they're going to be a contender as long as Malarkey is just a placeholder for a real coach.

They have two 1st round picks coming up, I see a receiver and a corner (Williams and Tabor?), if they turn into solid players then their core is set.

underrated29
12-09-2016, 11:24 AM

I have demarco in all 3 of my ff leagues so Ive watched the titans a fair amount this year. We will win this game. THey will likely run all over us (and hoipefully for me demarco scores a couple TDs) but make no mistake. They are not going to get anywhere with Mariota and their defense is bland. We should be able to score in the 20s and they will likely get 17.

Lynch, Trevor, Tebow, doestn matter- our team is better than theirs by a lot!

BroncoJoe
12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I have demarco in all 3 of my ff leagues so Ive watched the titans a fair amount this year. We will win this game. THey will likely run all over us (and hoipefully for me demarco scores a couple TDs) but make no mistake. They are not going to get anywhere with Mariota and their defense is bland. We should be able to score in the 20s and they will likely get 17.

Lynch, Trevor, Tebow, doestn matter- our team is better than theirs by a lot!

This is why I refuse to play FF.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 12:25 PM

Not everyone who plays FF puts their fantasy team's best interests over their real team's interests :D

VonDoom
12-09-2016, 12:28 PM
My concern is that Tennessee's offense matches up well against our defense. They have an elite RB and TE, and a playmaking QB who can exploit man coverage with his legs. We tend to match up better with teams who rely on their outside receivers as opposed to strong TE/RB pairs.

It would be nice if we could somehow get a lead and take them out of their game a little bit - force them to throw more than they'd like.

This is all correct - they have a run game (it's really their identity) and a playmaking TE. Not a great matchup for us defensively. We have to bring it this week.

VonDoom
12-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Pulse I get from locker room is Trevor Siemian progressing toward playing Sunday. Still undetermined. Key: Mobility in next 48 hrs. #9sports

Zweems56
12-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Yeah... It really skews the football watching experience. I like that it really gets me into games that I wouldn't normally give a shit about, but Broncos games are already stressful enough for me. Now I have to decide if I want to play Walker this week or not against the Broncos? ****. I wonder why I play this shit, but then I look at that trophy and I'm like "damn, girl. You fine."

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Yeah... It really skews the football watching experience. I like that it really gets me into games that I wouldn't normally give a shit about, but Broncos games are already stressful enough for me. Now I have to decide if I want to play Walker this week or not against the Broncos? ****. I wonder why I play this shit, but then I look at that trophy and I'm like "damn, girl. You fine."

Last year I was in a Fantasy league over on the official forums. Won a signed Talib picture as my price for victory.

Sometimes the victory and the spoils make it worthwhile!

VonDoom
12-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall not practicing. Doesn't look good for him to play. Corey Nelson is next man up #9sports

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian practicing and throwing again alongside Paxton Lynch. It's been promising all week. Kubes will give status after practice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2016, 01:21 PM

This is why I'm not optimistic we win if Lynch is forced to start.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 01:31 PM

At least I'm not the lone pessimist in this group.

nevcraw
12-09-2016, 01:32 PM
I expect us to win every game.

MOtorboat
12-09-2016, 01:38 PM

It doesn't matter who starts at quarterback for Denver in this game, that's a concern. Tennessee is No. 5 in offensive scoring. Denver is No. 18.

underrated29
12-09-2016, 01:41 PM

Not everyone who plays FF puts their fantasy team's best interests over their real team's interests :D

This!
But when I can with thousands of Dollars, well, broncos aren't paying me anything to watch so I wont be upset if he has a good game.

I know we suck with TE and the fact that Marshall is out leaving corey nelson to cover him, but I would not if you have a decent backup or matchup. Our D matches up well with this team. We can load the box against them, spy mariota and none of their wr have what it takes to beat our Dbs...which means single coverage/balnket coverage and everyone else on murray and mariota. Theyll run a bunch but I am just not sure how well they will be able to pass. But if you dont have a good TE option you have to take your stud and hope he breaks one

Buff
12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
It doesn't matter who starts at quarterback for Denver in this game, that's a concern. Tennessee is No. 5 in offensive scoring. Denver is No. 18.

Tennessee's secondary is atrocious - so in theory that should help either of our QBs. They finally had to cut Perrish Cox because he was getting abused every week and now they are starting the guy who couldn't beat out Cox for a job.

I'd certainly feel better about Siemian's ability to exploit the mismatches than Lynch. I worry that if Lynch starts it plays into their hands because they are able to more easily hide their subpar secondary.

MOtorboat
12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Tennessee's secondary is atrocious - so in theory that should help either of our QBs. They finally had to cut Perrish Cox because he was getting abused every week and now they are starting the guy who couldn't beat out Cox for a job.

I'd certainly feel better about Siemian's ability to exploit the mismatches than Lynch. I worry that if Lynch starts it plays into their hands because they are able to more easily hide their subpar secondary.

New Orleans' and Oakland's secondaries are awful too and Denver couldn't exploit those defenses. Scoring points is a concern for the Broncos no matter who is under center.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 01:46 PM

Lets be honest though buff...We've faced some terrible, terrible secondaries and you would think with each of those games that we'd be putting up big numbers and it would play into our hands...it hasn't.

We can't seem to exploit flaws in opposing defenses. (be it a weak run defense or weak pass defense) It's been that way all year and it's a tad bit frustrating.

Buff
12-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Lets be honest though buff...We've faced some terrible, terrible secondaries and you would think with each of those games that we'd be putting up big numbers and it would play into our hands...it hasn't.

We can't seem to exploit flaws in opposing defenses. (be it a weak run defense or weak pass defense) It's been that way all year and it's a tad bit frustrating.

Right - but Siemian basically played Phillip Gaines out of a job a couple weeks ago as Manny Sanders ate his lunch. So we know he's capable of identifying and exploiting mismatches... I worry that Lynch is neither capable of identifying nor exploiting with his accuracy. And if we can't take advantage of their secondary then it's going to be a long day.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Right - but Siemian basically played Phillip Gaines out of a job a couple weeks ago as Manny Sanders ate his lunch. So we know he's capable of identifying and exploiting mismatches... I worry that Lynch is neither capable of identifying nor exploiting with his accuracy. And if we can't take advantage of their secondary then it's going to be a long day.

That's why I'm not worried too much about Trevor, if he's healthy enough to go and plays like he did against KC, we're golden. I have zero faith in Paxton though... If he starts I really think we're in trouble.

But it does concern me a little that we play at the same level regardless of the talent level of defense we're playing. That's heartening when facing really good defenses, but we don't improve even when facing mediocre ones and that's a concern.

Tned
12-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Simian was poor for four games and he was hurt. If he's hurt now, he shouldn't be playing. Fully healthy Siemian is serviceable. Hurt Siemian is below replacement level and should be replaced.

The problem is that a hurt Siemian still performs better than a healthy Lynch. So, do they go to Davis? Serious question.

Buff
12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
New Orleans' and Oakland's secondaries are awful too and Denver couldn't exploit those defenses. Scoring points is a concern for the Broncos no matter who is under center.

No argument - I'd just say that I'm infinitely more confident in Trevor's ability to read a defense and get the ball where it ought to go with some degree of accuracy. So at least then we have a 50% shot at exploiting them. With Lynch those odds go down significantly.

Tned
12-09-2016, 02:01 PM
That's why I'm not worried too much about Trevor, if he's healthy enough to go and plays like he did against KC, we're golden. I have zero faith in Paxton though... If he starts I really think we're in trouble.

But it does concern me a little that we play at the same level regardless of the talent level of defense we're playing. That's heartening when facing really good defenses, but we don't improve even when facing mediocre ones and that's a concern.

By and large, we are a 17-24 point team (not necessarily all from offense). Can the offense, regardless of QB score more? Sure, I suppose, but they haven't shown that it's likely. There is always something, whether injury, O-line woes, turnovers, special team blunders, whatever that gets in the way.

So, if the other team scores more than 14-17 points, it's at best a coin flip that the Broncos can win.

Zweems56
12-09-2016, 02:17 PM
I know we suck with TE and the fact that Marshall is out leaving corey nelson to cover him, but I would not if you have a decent backup or matchup. Our D matches up well with this team. We can load the box against them, spy mariota and none of their wr have what it takes to beat our Dbs...which means single coverage/balnket coverage and everyone else on murray and mariota. Theyll run a bunch but I am just not sure how well they will be able to pass. But if you dont have a good TE option you have to take your stud and hope he breaks one

Yeah.. that was more of an example of one of the reasons why I dislike fantasy. I'm fine for that and already made my decision to sit Walker for Eifert.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 02:33 PM
The problem is that a hurt Siemian still performs better than a healthy Lynch. So, do they go to Davis? Serious question.

Ergo why I brought it up earlier.

VonDoom
12-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

QB Trevor Siemian is questionable for Sunday. ILB Brandon Marshall and LS Casey Kreiter are out. #DENvsTEN

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak said he thinks he'll make the decision on Siemian tomorrow. Wants to see how he's feeling after practicing today. Was limited

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Sure sounds like Trevor Siemian is playing. Foot just has to not have setback tomorrow. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak said Forsett is "ready to go."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak said Justin Forsett has brought a lot of juice to Broncos and is ready to go. His workload will be dependent on level of play/flow.

Tned
12-09-2016, 02:43 PM
User Freyaka post hidden as you have user Freyaka on ignore
Click here to view user Freyaka's post...

NightTerror218
12-09-2016, 02:48 PM
As long as lynch is healthy no way davis sees the field

Tned
12-09-2016, 02:56 PM
As long as lynch is healthy no way davis sees the field

I would tend to agree, but was asking the question in terms of Mo saying if Siemian is still hurt, they shouldn't play him, since as we've seen, a hobbled Siemian is still performing better than a healthy Lynch.

I Eat Staples
12-09-2016, 02:58 PM
I would tend to agree, but was asking the question in terms of Mo saying if Siemian is still hurt, they shouldn't play him, since as we've seen, a hobbled Siemian is still performing better than a healthy Lynch.

Is he? The only game I remember him playing injured in was the Chargers game, and he was as bad as Lynch was last week.

Tned
12-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Is he? The only game I remember him playing injured in was the Chargers game, and he was as bad as Lynch was last week.

According to coach, teammates and reporters, the shoulder was hampering him from injury to bye week. So, clearly he was playing hurt from when he came back until he got the shot and two weeks of rest during the bye.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 03:03 PM
User Freyaka post hidden as you have user Freyaka on ignore
Click here to view user Freyaka's post...

Well alright... lol....

underrated29
12-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Yeah.. that was more of an example of one of the reasons why I dislike fantasy. I'm fine for that and already made my decision to sit Walker for Eifert.

Shit dude, why was that even a question. Eifert against shitty ass cleveland! Jeff Heuerman could have a 100 yard 2td game against cleveland.
But point understood

Tned
12-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Well alright... lol....

From what I've gathered, it's makes you cool if you post something like that, so I wanted to see if it gave me a warm fuzzy, but I guess I'm just dead inside, since I got nothing from doing it...

Lynch12
12-09-2016, 03:36 PM

Lmao is this a joke?

Timmy!
12-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Name the starting QB for the Broncos in their 2 worst offensive outings this season.

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Lmao is this a joke?

Why would it be a joke? I know you are blindly in love with the guy, but he has been so bad in his first two starts that I'd take a hobbled Trevor over a healthy Paxton any day of the week.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Name the starting QB for the Broncos in their 2 worst offensive outings this season.

Oops-a-daisy

BroncoJoe
12-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Lmao is this a joke?

It's not a joke, but your posts are.

Lynch12
12-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Trevor has had way more terrible games than Paxton. #fact. Trevor has only had 2 good games all hear. Facts.

Timmy!
12-09-2016, 04:18 PM
2>0.

#realfacts

Tned
12-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Trevor has had way more terrible games than Paxton. #fact. Trevor has only had 2 good games all hear. Facts.

I'm now dumber than I was five seconds ago. :confused:

MOtorboat
12-09-2016, 06:12 PM

Does the 13-point performance at San Diego count, or nah?

Timmy!
12-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Does the 13-point performance at San Diego count, or nah?

Sure does, but I was referring to total offense, I think (saw the stat somewhere, it's been busy today). . I do like that you've made a new friend though.

Lynch12
12-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Sure does, but I was referring to total offense, I think (saw the stat somewhere, it's been busy today). . I do like that you've made a new friend though.

Lol @ I was referring to total offense as if points don't win the games. I guess you were referring to YARDS huh? Such a ******* amateur. Wow.

Then make a lame comment at the end because you proved why you don't ever talk football. You just don't have a clue and don't watch games.

Valar Morghulis
12-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Yeah Tommy or Timmy or whatever your stupid name is. Watch a god damn game, get some perspective and stop being such a professional asshat but mega amateur football fan

Tned
12-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Yeah Tommy or Timmy or whatever your stupid name is. Watch a god damn game, get some perspective and stop being such a professional asshat but mega amateur football fan

What ^^ said!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Yeah Tina! Or whatever your name is

Davii
12-09-2016, 08:34 PM

Go get them AJ Williams 4 Governor!

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 08:49 PM

Ya! TINA, YOU FAT LARD, COME AND GET YOUR DINNER!!!

Simple Jaded
12-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Reading this thread you'd think Siemian were Peyton Manning and Lynch were Tim Tebow, count me as one who thinks you're all full of shit.

Tned
12-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Reading this thread you'd think Siemian were Peyton Manning and Lynch were Tim Tebow, count me as one who thinks you're all full of shit.

Well, that's a pretty warped reading of the thread. Instead, it's that we have two young QBs. A second year kid that knows the system, is inconsistent and has battled injuries, and is at least serviceable and at times better than that. Then, thee is the younger QB, drafted as a project, who in two starts has made clear he is very raw and is not currently even playing up to the level of Tim Tebow and struggles badly.

If that makes us full of shit, then i guess we are, along with Kubiak, Elway and the gang.

Joel
12-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Well, that's a pretty warped reading of the thread. Instead, it's that we have two young QBs. A second year kid that knows the system, is inconsistent and has battled injuries, and is at least serviceable and at times better than that. Then, thee is the younger QB, drafted as a project, who in two starts has made clear he is very raw and is not currently even playing up to the level of Tim Tebow and struggles badly.

If that makes us full of shit, then i guess we are, along with Kubiak, Elway and the gang.
None of which necessarily means you aren't all full of shit. ;)

tripp
12-10-2016, 12:44 AM
It's not like 3 and outs for the Broncos this year are specified to just Lynch. Trev has been MVP of the league at 3 and outs. and it certainly has hurt our defense in the last month and change..

Fair, let me specify that I also don't enjoy watching a QB miss wide open receivers repeatedly. Over throws, and under throws. Last Sunday I found myself more surprised when we caught the ball, than vice versa.

It's not that Siemian is a great QB, but who you're measuring him up to, makes him look like a great QB.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2016, 01:04 AM
What sage wisdom are you prepared to bestow upon us?

I Eat Staples
12-10-2016, 02:02 AM

The Jacksonville game was too close to the latter for comfort.

Traveler
12-10-2016, 06:46 AM
At least I'm not the lone pessimist in this group.

I'm always pessimistic, which is why I don't have Denver winning this game regardless who starts at QB. There is a hole in the middle of our defensive line and our OL is a sieve. Add in back to back trips to the East coast and another 1:00pm start, it doesn't look good for our boys.

As I said in another thread, I'll gladly eat crow if they manage to pull this one out.

Tned
12-10-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm always pessimistic, which is why I don't have Denver winning this game regardless who starts at QB. There is a hole in the middle of our defensive line and our OL is a sieve. Add in back to back trips to the East coast and another 1:00pm start, it doesn't look good for our boys.

As I said in another thread, I'll gladly eat crow if they manage to pull this one out.

I don't usually think of Nashville as east coast, but I get with you mean about the 1:00 start.

There is a reason why the Broncos are an underdog, even if slight, in this game. It worries me and has for three or four weeks, becuase Tenn is a very good running team, and the Broncos are a very bad run defense. This could also wind up being a break out game for Henry, since the Broncos have also been exposed by passing to RBs and Henry is averaging about 10 yards per catch.

On the offensive side, as I mentioned in this thread or another, right now we seem to be a team that can score 17-24 points, and not all of those points necessarily from the offense. If the Broncos can stop Tenn's run game, and the Broncos offense struggles as it has many weeks, with either QB, then it could be a rough game.

Valar Morghulis
12-10-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't usually think of Nashville as east coast, but I get with you mean about the 1:00 start.

Now I am another hour further away, I love the early kick offs even more

BroncoJoe
12-10-2016, 10:49 AM

What is the time for you? 6:00 PM?

Tned
12-10-2016, 11:05 AM

Yep

Yea, when I'm in Germany, I love them. I'll excuse myself from dinner, or as I did one time at the only 2* Michelin restaurant I've been to, I connected to a hotspot and propped my phone up and watched a game last year during dinner. Friggin barbarian Americans I know they were thinking. lol

Tned
12-10-2016, 11:06 AM

Oops, 7:00 for a noon CST game in Germany.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Lol @ I was referring to total offense as if points don't win the games. I guess you were referring to YARDS huh? Such a ******* amateur. Wow.

Then make a lame comment at the end because you proved why you don't ever talk football. You just don't have a clue and don't watch games.

This post is a decent troll post. Not a touchdown, not a field goal, and not a deep strike. Kind of like an out route to the sticks. Kinda Siemian-esque. Keep it up.

Valar Morghulis
12-10-2016, 11:26 AM

6 in the UK, 7 in the fatherland

Tned
12-10-2016, 11:49 AM
This post is a decent troll post. Not a touchdown, not a field goal, and not a deep strike. Kind of like an out route to the sticks. Kinda Siemian-esque. Keep it up.

One of those Siemian out routes to the right side he struggles badly with and typically misses by about five yards...

Nomad
12-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Mariota's running ability and Titans run game is a concern, but I have faith the BRONCOS will have figured it out and get a win.

Go BRONCOS!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Vegas has Tennessee favored -1.5. It's not crazy to think they have a good shot of winning, especially if Trevor isn't healthy. An immobile Trevor who can't plant and throw is only slightly more effective than Paxton.

VonDoom
12-10-2016, 12:52 PM
DENVER - Short of linebackers for their special teams units, the Denver Broncos adjusted Saturday by promoting Quentin Gause from their practice squad.

To make room for Gause on their 53-man roster, the Broncos placed receiver Marlon Brown on season-ending injured reserve. Brown was signed by the Broncos three weeks ago after he was out for an extended period recovering from a back injury. He was not active in the Broncos’ previous two games.

The Broncos needed Gause because of the trickle up affect that started with the hamstring injury to starting inside linebacker Brandon Marshall.

Corey Nelson will not be as involved in special teams as he will start in Marshall’s place Sunday against Tennessee. Backup linebacker and special teamer Zaire Anderson may also get more defensive snaps Sunday.

The 6-0, 243-pound Gause is an undrafted rookie from Rutgers who spent time earlier this year with New England and Philadelphia before he was signed to the Broncos’ practice squad on Oct. 18.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-promote-quentin-gause-place-marlon-brown-on-ir/367669407

Two things here - one, I had no idea we had a guy named Quentin Gause on our practice squad. And two, what is the deal with the Marlon Brown situation? He was let go before the season because he was hurt. Then supposedly he was healthy, so we signed him to a two year deal. He's inactive for two weeks and now he's on IR?

Timmy!
12-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Football is the one with the round ball right?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2016, 01:25 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-promote-quentin-gause-place-marlon-brown-on-ir/367669407

Two things here - one, I had no idea we had a guy named Quentin Gause on our practice squad. And two, what is the deal with the Marlon Brown situation? He was let go before the season because he was hurt. Then supposedly he was healthy, so we signed him to a two year deal. He's inactive for two weeks and now he's on IR?

They probably want to keep him on the roster for next year

Timmy!
12-10-2016, 01:27 PM
I'm really gonna try to watch this week. We play Monday afternoon right?

tripp
12-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Oops, 7:00 for a noon CST game in Germany.

Is your sig pic in Germany or in England? I always thought it was London because of Lilylwhites and the buildings in the back.

Tned
12-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Is your sig pic in Germany or in England? I always thought it was London because of Lilylwhites and the buildings in the back.

That was London. That's when the Broncos played SF in 2000 or so, the infamous spygate II game.

Timmy!
12-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Lol @ I was referring to total offense as if points don't win the games. I guess you were referring to YARDS huh? Such a ******* amateur..

This make shock you, but defense and special teams can score too, and amazingly those points count (I'm just learning this too, who knew right?) So, for instance, if a QB threw for 100 yards and completed less than 50% of his passes, generating a whole 10 points but the defense got a td of their own, the scoreboard will show all scores.

Or, put another way, the total offense stat is, amazingly, a decent representation of total offense.

tripp
12-10-2016, 01:37 PM
That was London. That's when the Broncos played SF in 2000 or so, the infamous spygate II game.

Nice! I go back home every year to Essex, who knew we/they had that big of a following!

Tned
12-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice! I go back home every year to Essex, who knew we/they had that big of a following!

Yea, there were some interesting fans, like two guys in kilts and blue and orange faces.

pnbronco
12-10-2016, 02:50 PM
This make shock you, but defense and special teams can score too, and amazingly those points count (I'm just learning this too, who knew right?) So, for instance, if a QB threw for 100 yards and completed less than 50% of his passes, generating a whole 10 points but the defense got a td of their own, the scoreboard will show all scores.

Or, put another way, the total offense stat is, amazingly, a decent representation of total offense.

Wow Timmy I had forgotten this....oh yeah we did get scores off our D and that 2 points that won the game in NO from the ST.....now I remember. So it's not all about the O....thank you!!! :lol:

Simple Jaded
12-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Seriously, no more ****ing former Kubiak scrubs, it's not like Marlon Brown is Josh Gordon or something. He's a scrub.

Utterly pointless.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Football is the one with the round ball right?

I love sportsball too.

Tned
12-10-2016, 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/807711287128059904

Joel
12-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Seriously, no more ****ing former Kubiak scrubs, it's not like Marlon Brown is Josh Gordon or something. He's a scrub.

Utterly pointless.That include Justin Forsett? For all the crap he got, "Brick" came in VERY handy in our championship run, as both blocker AND receiver. I trust Kubes at the so-called "skill" positions, because his record as a QB coach AND a RB coach was how he got to be an OC. Anyone who can make 6th, 7th and NO round picks into the likes of Terrell Davis, Justin Forsett and Arian Foster has my full confidence at the "skill" positions.

The problem remains that it doesn't matter how good "skill" players are if the five random bagboys on whom they depend for the ability to do ANYTHING are "garbage bagboys." I remain confused how people insist something that was a disaster long before Kubiak took charge of it and also remains one because of draft decisions he STILL doesn't make is somehow his fault. Was Super Bowl XXIV Kubiaks fault too? :rolleyes:

As for "skill" positions though, I'll be thrilled if we end up with WRs half as good as Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith and Andre Johnson.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Don't care, for every Justin Forsett there's 3-4 Shelley Smith's, dude has shit criteria for offensive players. Owen Daniels, Marlon Brown, Gino Gradkowski, these players are the very definition of marginal. Someone explain the idea behind signing Brown with a straight face. Wtf does James Ferentz actually do? Sampro, that's his boy.

Enough, already.

Joel
12-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Don't care, for every Justin Forsett there's 3-4 Shelley Smith's, dude has shit criteria for offensive players. Owen Daniels, Marlon Brown, Gino Gradkowski, these players are the very definition of marginal. Someone explain the idea behind signing Brown with a straight face. Wtf does James Ferentz actually do? Sampro, that's his boy.

Enough, already.There's a huge difference between Forsett and Daniels vs. Smith, Gradkowski and Ferentz. We'll see which of those categories Brown ends up when (probably not if) Kubiak puts him on the field, but he's not a lineman, so the smart money says he'll be a net positive. However much and many people bitch about Owen Daniels, he's a huge reason Tom Brady's not polishing a 5th SB Ring right now. It's not like we had tons of elite TEs Daniels kept on the bench.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2016, 01:55 AM
There's a huge difference between Forsett and Daniels vs. Smith, Gradkowski and Ferentz.

No there isn't.

Traveler
12-12-2016, 01:54 AM

There is a reason why the Broncos are an underdog, even if slight, in this game. It worries me and has for three or four weeks, becuase Tenn is a very good running team, and the Broncos are a very bad run defense. This could also wind up being a break out game for Henry, since the Broncos have also been exposed by passing to RBs and Henry is averaging about 10 yards per catch.

On the offensive side, as I mentioned in this thread or another, right now we seem to be a team that can score 17-24 points, and not all of those points necessarily from the offense. If the Broncos can stop Tenn's run game, and the Broncos offense struggles as it has many weeks, with either QB, then it could be a rough game.

Can't say I'm surprised by the outcome of this game. Had loss written all over it just by how bad their play was lately.

MOtorboat
12-12-2016, 02:05 AM

What about 10?

BroncoJoe
12-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Did they actually practice last week, or was this all fake news?

Tned
12-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Can't say I'm surprised by the outcome of this game. Had loss written all over it just by how bad their play was lately.

Just posted some run/pass stats in the gameday thread. It's hard to conceive a game where you were never down by more than 13 points to have 85% of the plays being passes.