PDA

View Full Version : Booker Is Not Our Runningback

WARHORSE
12-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Ive seen enough of this guy. No vision whatsoever. Couldn't find a hole if he opened his mouth. Honestly, Bibbs does something good almost every time he gets a chance over the past couple years.

Not sure if there are other struggles on his end that only the coaches know about (Knowing playbook, assignments, etc) but just chugging out yardage, he stands out to me far better than Booker.

Had Bibbs not gotten injured, I would have liked to see him a LOT more.

broncofaninfla
12-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah I'm starting to agree with you. Reminds me of a young Knowshon........ In Bookers defense the O Line SUCKS but Bibbs has been noticeably better during his limited reps.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Wut? Booker is fine. He has some shit blocking to deal with. That TD he scored this week was sheer will. Bibbs never scores that TD in a million years.

On the one big run bibbs had, there was a hole so big any of us could have picked up the first down.

Poet
12-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Wut? Booker is fine. He has some shit blocking to deal with. That TD he scored this week was sheer will. Bibbs never scores that TD in a million years.

On the one big run bibbs had, there was a hole so big any of us could have picked up the first down.

Bibbs is really bad. He has talent though. Might change. But bad.

Buff
12-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Booker hits the hole hard but lacks patience and vision. If you need 1 yard he will get you 3... If you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

Seems to be tough and physically talented but we miss CJ's elusiveness.

Mike
12-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Tough to evaluate the QBs or RBs when the line stinks so bad and gameplans lack any sort of rhythm/creativity.

Lynch12
12-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Ive seen enough of this guy. No vision whatsoever. Couldn't find a hole if he opened his mouth. Honestly, Bibbs does something good almost every time he gets a chance over the past couple years.

Not sure if there are other struggles on his end that only the coaches know about (Knowing playbook, assignments, etc) but just chugging out yardage, he stands out to me far better than Booker.

Booker is a rookie..... Bibbs has been around for years now. Bibbs problem is he cannot stay healthy and his pass pro sucks, and you top off my point by saying ( had he not been injured)

broncohead
12-05-2016, 04:24 PM

I agree. He doesn't break tackles and terrible vision. Good thing this draft is stacked at RB. Denver should be able to add depth in the later rounds that can compete for the backup job when CJ goes down again

GEM
12-05-2016, 05:11 PM

Are you talking the td where Okung drug him into the end zone?

Poet
12-05-2016, 05:24 PM
When I saw that play I saw a RB keep fighting, breaking a tackle, and then get pushed into the red zone. That isn't too uncommon, and he put himself in that position to get...pushed, haha.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 05:30 PM

He broke a tackle before the push.

BroncoJoe
12-05-2016, 06:29 PM
I really like Booker. He needs more carries and a better line (but, doesn't every RB?). He reminds me of Moreno. Too quick to get to the hole, and blows his wad. Needs to be more patient and let the hole open up. His vision isn't great yet. Everyone talked about how slow Moreno was - it was always my contention he was to fast, and didn't wait for the window to open.

He has ran angry though, and I like that. He didn't do that too much the last game, other than the TD, but he'll come around.

Bronco4ever
12-05-2016, 07:14 PM
I want to like Booker. The guy runs hard behind a pretty poor OL, but his vision isn't that great and he seems to be a clumsy runner at times.

NightTerror218
12-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Cant fault poor production on him alone. OL sucks and losing janovich sucks too.

Tned
12-05-2016, 08:02 PM

Yea, he willed Okung to pull him, and the other OL (can't remember who) to push him. By the way, when I saw that, I thought that was a penalty and you couldn't pull your player like that.

Hawgdriver
12-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Booker isn't running like he was at the beginning of the year.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 08:21 PM

I read this in a Sling Blade voice.

Shazam!
12-05-2016, 08:31 PM

I read this in a Sling Blade voice.

Mmm hmm. Hmm.

WARHORSE
12-05-2016, 08:41 PM

Crappy blocking doesnt make you nose dive into the guards poop chute when theres a cutback lane two feet away from you.

Again.

:listen:

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Yea, he willed Okung to pull him, and the other OL (can't remember who) to push him. By the way, when I saw that, I thought that was a penalty and you couldn't pull your player like that.

Again, he had a really nice broken tackle before he got to the goal line and got help from Okung.

As for the second part, I'm pretty sure it's legal. I think it's a penalty in college (Spike?), but I don't think it is in the NFL.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Also, I guess the mantle of "RB that gets shit on by Broncos fans" has gone from Moreno to Hillman and now Booker. Wear it well Booker!

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 08:55 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of those people who shout "(Insert hated president here) isn't MY president!!!11!!!".

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 08:55 PM
I sincerely hope Booker is better than Slowshon and Hillman.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I sincerely hope Booker is better than Slowshon and Hillman.

I would be thrilled if he's as good as Moreno. Moreno was woefully underrated. His biggest issue was injuries. He was always productive when he played.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Again, he had a really nice broken tackle before he got to the goal line and got help from Okung.

As for the second part, I'm pretty sure it's legal. I think it's a penalty in college (Spike?), but I don't think it is in the NFL.
It used to be a penalty in college, still is if they pull the ball carrier into endzone.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I would be thrilled if he's as good as Moreno. Moreno was woefully underrated. His biggest issue was injuries. He was always productive when he played.

He was never underrated, most had a pretty good idea of what he was.

Tned
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS. No offensive player may:
(a) pull a runner in any direction at any time
(b) use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate
(c) trip an opponent
(d) push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.
Penalty: For assisting the runner, interlocking interference, tripping, or illegal use of hands, arms, or body by theoffense: Loss of 10 yards.

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2224/2016-nfl-rulebook.pdf

Tned
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Also, I guess the mantle of "RB that gets shit on by Broncos fans" has gone from Moreno to Hillman and now Booker. Wear it well Booker!

You forgot your favorite excrement target, Bibbs.

CrazyHorse
12-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Knowshon was a quality starter. He didn't live up to his first round status but he was hardly a bust like Montee Ball.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Knowshon was a quality starter. He didn't live up to his first round status but he was hardly a bust like Montee Ball.

And considering we got Booker in the 3rd round, he would be an absolute steal if he's as good as Moreno.

Tned
12-05-2016, 10:48 PM
And considering we got Booker in the 3rd round, he would be an absolute steal if he's as good as Moreno.

I think it was the fourth round.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Slowshon was a committee back, he was Kevin Faulk without the longevity.

WARHORSE
12-05-2016, 11:06 PM

Hes not getting dumped on. Hes just not good. Hes not even on par with Hillman at this point.

It is what it is.

BroncoWave
12-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Hes not getting dumped on. Hes just not good. Hes not even on par with Hillman at this point.

It is what it is.

How dare a rookie playing behind a garbage o-line not be great immediately. We should probably cut him now.

Lynch12
12-05-2016, 11:55 PM
A booker and dalvin cook tandem could be very very special. I would really like to add cook, two offensive linemen and some DL.

Lynch12
12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
How dare a rookie playing behind a garbage o-line not be great immediately. We should probably cut him now.

If booker is cut tonight he's signed by the morning. The guy is a violent runner, once the offensive line is sure up and he gets to have a full steam rolling defenders are going to regret trying to tackle him.

underrated29
12-06-2016, 12:20 AM

Hillman never got shit on. He just sucked. Plus, all of his horribly timed turnovers..he brought it on himself. I only think a few don't like book.

I think it was the fourth round.

Yes fourth round. Simmons was 3rd.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-06-2016, 12:27 AM
Booker is good value for the fourth round

Hawgdriver
12-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Booker is good value for the fourth round

Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll curb my enthusiasm.

Joel
12-06-2016, 04:39 AM
Fer reals. I look forward to seeing who our awful line makes Not-Our-RB next.... :rolleyes:

Joel
12-06-2016, 04:44 AM

I think that's a penalty anywhere, because it's another legacy of the murderous 1905 season that nearly convinced Teddy Roosevelt to ban football in the US, but spawned the NCAA instead. Not only were people literally dying on the field, teams bodily picking up their unconscious/dead ball carriers and carrying THEM to the end zone was so common uniforms of the day were designed with huge waist straps to make the corpses easier to haul to victory.

So it's as illegal as having more or less than 7 men on the line of scrimmage at the snap, for the same reasons.

Tned
12-06-2016, 07:19 AM

I know, really. How crazy. It's like, well, having a first year starting QB playing behind a garbage o-line and not being great immediately and people declaring they not what his ceiling is...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll curb my enthusiasm.

You started well, but the cheesy hbo reference downgraded the post to a b-

BroncoJoe
12-06-2016, 10:26 AM

But, that was a great show. A+ from me.

Buff
12-06-2016, 10:39 AM

He's fine in the sense that he runs hard and is a physical back - but I do think it's fair to critique his vision and patience at this stage. He just hits the hole at 1000 mph and hopes for the best every time. Now, at least he hits the hole hard and deserves credit for that - but I think that's only 50% of what makes a good NFL back. For him to take the next step he needs to read blocks a little better and find cut back lanes more frequently.

BroncoWave
12-06-2016, 10:50 AM
He's fine in the sense that he runs hard and is a physical back - but I do think it's fair to critique his vision and patience at this stage. He just hits the hole at 1000 mph and hopes for the best every time. Now, at least he hits the hole hard and deserves credit for that - but I think that's only 50% of what makes a good NFL back. For him to take the next step he needs to read blocks a little better and find cut back lanes more frequently.

See, I'd much rather have a back who runs hard and tough, and needs to improve on vision and patience. Those are things that can be taught and you can get better at with experience. You can't teach toughness and the ability to break tackles.

I think we also all need to keep in mind that the guy was picked in the 4th round. People seem to be expecting him to play like a first rounder. You typically aren't going to get a perfect player in round 4. He has his flaws, but I think he is playing just fine so far. He wasn't even supposed to be the starter, although I guess it should have been expected with CJ's fragility.

BroncoWave
12-06-2016, 10:54 AM
See, I'd much rather have a back who runs hard and tough, and needs to improve on vision and patience. Those are things that can be taught and you can get better at with experience. You can't teach toughness and the ability to break tackles.

I think we also all need to keep in mind that the guy was picked in the 4th round. People seem to be expecting him to play like a first rounder. You typically aren't going to get a perfect player in round 4. He has his flaws, but I think he is playing just fine so far. He wasn't even supposed to be the starter, although I guess it should have been expected with CJ's fragility.

And before I get slammed for not giving Siemian the same benefit of the doubt for being a 7th rounder, he is a second year player and he also didn't get his job due to injury. I'm way more willing to give a player a pass who was a backup and only became the starter due to injuries. Had Booker won the job over CJ out of camp, then I would raise the expectations of him much like with Siemian.

Buff
12-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Right - I'm not saying we need to cut the guy. He's fine. But he's a backup and he produces like a backup. Hopefully he learns to run with more patience because I think he's got some intriguing potential - but right now he's just running into the line at 100 mph and those guys are a dime a dozen.

Freyaka
12-06-2016, 11:01 AM
And before I get slammed for not giving Siemian the same benefit of the doubt for being a 7th rounder, he is a second year player and he also didn't get his job due to injury. I'm way more willing to give a player a pass who was a backup and only became the starter due to injuries. Had Booker won the job over CJ out of camp, then I would raise the expectations of him much like with Siemian.

Where a player is picked has ZERO impact on their ability to play football...A player picked in the first round is going to perform the same if he's picked in the 7th. Judging any player based of draft position is stupid...

If draft position mattered, guys like Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Chris Harris, Tom Brady, ect... Would have never mattered in the NFL. Even if he had a year in the system, you can only learn so much without playing...He's grown just about everytime he's hit the field (trevor that is) you have to take that into account.

BroncoWave
12-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Where a player is picked has ZERO impact on their ability to play football...A player picked in the first round is going to perform the same if he's picked in the 7th. Judging any player based of draft position is stupid...

If draft position mattered, guys like Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Chris Harris, Tom Brady, ect... Would have never mattered in the NFL. Even if he had a year in the system, you can only learn so much without playing...He's grown just about everytime he's hit the field (trevor that is) you have to take that into account.

I agree that once you are on the field, draft position goes out the window. I say that all the time. But those guys you listed are the exception, not the rule. For every Brady and TD, there are hundreds of guys who are never more than camp fodder. So if a guy is a mid to late round pick and is only on the field due to injuries, I'm not going to expect as much out of them as a first round pick who wins the job in camp.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2016, 11:27 AM
I think Booker will be fine. I think his biggest problem right now (other than the Oline) is patience and more importantly, he neeeds to realize this is the NFL and you can't just run over guys. I like that he runs angry, but I've seen several instances where even if he does reach the second level, he looks for contact instead of trying to avoid it. One on one with a safety, he plows right into them (and gets tackled) instead of trying to make them miss a getting a big play out of it. A RB won't last long doing that. Marshawn Lynch was a brute, but even he made people miss on the second level. This isn't college anymore. Everyone in the NFL is big, fast, and can tackle. Earl Campbell and Christian Okoye were bigger and stronger than everyone. Booker isn't.

Buff
12-06-2016, 11:33 AM
I think Booker will be fine. I think his biggest problem right now (other than the Oline) is patience and more importantly, he neeeds to realize this is the NFL and you can't just run over guys. I like that he runs angry, but I've seen several instances where even if he does reach the second level, he looks for contact instead of trying to avoid it. One on one with a safety, he plows right into them (and gets tackled) instead of trying to make them miss a getting a big play out of it. A RB won't last long doing that. Marshawn Lynch was a brute, but even he made people miss on the second level. This isn't college anymore. Everyone in the NFL is big, fast, and can tackle. Earl Campbell and Christian Okoye were bigger and stronger than everyone. Booker isn't.

Exactly - I'm encouraged by the fact that he's getting to the 2nd level, but he needs to reevaluate how he's finishing runs.

underrated29
12-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Id rather see him go down by punishing the Saftey then wrapped up by the legs trying to make a move.....personally.

Hawgdriver
12-06-2016, 12:37 PM

Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll arrest my development.

Better? Wait.

Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll game these thrones.

Freyaka
12-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll arrest my development.

Better? Wait.

Agree. Booker impressed early in season with his hateful running. I think he's hurt. Was hoping for more by this point in the season, but the offensive line hasn't been a capable unit so I'll game these thrones.

The second one sucked...you can't go wrong with arresting development though.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-06-2016, 02:43 PM

Better? Wait.

Ralphy, A++++

BroncoJoe
12-06-2016, 04:18 PM
I noticed for the first time (?) this past game that he got tripped up with hand-swipes to his feet. He's been relatively good at avoiding that in the past, but this past game wasn't his best effort.

I Eat Staples
12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
RB is the least important position on a championship team, Booker is good enough and will get better. Success of the running game is probably something like 75% O-line and 25% RB. Even with a generational talent like Zeke Elliot, most of his success is due to the O-line.

Give me a back that can block and catch passes (McCaffrey) and I'm happy.

sneakers
12-07-2016, 05:25 PM
shows flashes, but hard to tell really

wayninja
12-07-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm quite happy with booker. I've been impressed with him so far. He's got a ways to go, but he's been better than I expected him to be.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm quite happy with booker. I've been impressed with him so far. He's got a ways to go, but he's been better than I expected him to be.

He's shown flashes of what he could be. I'd like to see him behind a more capable line. I just hope he gets better at making his reads because he spends a lot of time running into the ass of the linemen in front of him.

NightTerror218
12-07-2016, 11:26 PM
If he calms down and lets play develop. There have been several where for runs into the back of OL before the hole develops. I think he is just trying to hard to make a play and not being pacient. I know he is behind a crappy line but still cj got some bigger runs and was more patient.

wayninja
12-08-2016, 04:04 PM
CJ is a more experienced back. Booker's flaws are fixable.

As long as he stays healthy, I think he'll turn into a pretty productive guy.

turftoad
12-08-2016, 05:59 PM
I bet Booker would be doing just fine behind the Cowboys line. Just sayin.
That brings up a better question. How would Elliot be doing behind our line?

wayninja
12-08-2016, 06:01 PM

Those feel like the same question, I get where you are going though. I think Elliott is a stud, but there's only so much you can do if the tackles can't open gaps.

Lynch12
12-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Zeke would have about 5-6 hundred yards at this point of the season if he played for Denver.

Lynch12
12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Booker will turn out to be better than Anderson when it's all said and done.

WARHORSE
12-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Booker might not even make the team next year.

-_-

Hawgdriver
12-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Booker might not even make the team next year.

-_-

If he's healthy right now, I agree.

Lynch12
12-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Nobody remembers the crucial hit booker took last week....... He's clear not himself.

Tned
12-12-2016, 12:39 PM

Probably a lot better than our current backs (including CJ), but probably nowhere near as well as he is in Dallas now.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Dude has no vision whatsoever. Hopefully that changes. Had a convoy ahead of him in one if the third down and short situaction and instead just outs his head down and cant even get 6 inches.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2016, 12:32 AM
Klis' theory that Booker might be wearing out after spending the entire offseason rehabbing his knee injury makes some sense, especially considering he's due to hit the rookie wall.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Klis' theory that Booker might be wearing out after spending the entire offseason rehabbing his knee injury makes some sense, especially considering he's due to hit the rookie wall.
I think he got hurt in the Jaguars game and was questionable all week.

WARHORSE
12-13-2016, 02:56 AM
The proof is on tape. If he all of a sudden shows me I got him wrong, then amen.

Vision for a running back is underrated. You either have it or you dont. Great backs, like great passers in the NBA, know where everyones at. They know how to set up blocks.

It might seem unfair since hes still so young.......but it is what it is. Vision, even when you dont know the scheme, will get you extra yards that you 'see'.

This young man has a ton of athletic ability.......but this is the big leagues. Everyone is top tier at this level...........unless of course your name is Brock. ;)

Buff
12-13-2016, 12:46 PM
The proof is on tape. If he all of a sudden shows me I got him wrong, then amen.

Vision for a running back is underrated. You either have it or you dont. Great backs, like great passers in the NBA, know where everyones at. They know how to set up blocks.

It might seem unfair since hes still so young.......but it is what it is. Vision, even when you dont know the scheme, will get you extra yards that you 'see'.

This young man has a ton of athletic ability.......but this is the big leagues. Everyone is top tier at this level...........unless of course your name is Brock. ;)

Agree 100% - RBs either have elite vision and instincts or they don't. You can still be an average back in the NFL without those things - but you'll never really turn the corner. Which is different than a lineman who gets better with strength and technique, or a QB who gets better at reading defenses - RB is such a "feel" position... And they also talk about it being the closest thing to "plug & play" coming out of college - so I don't hold out a ton of faith that Booker is suddenly going to get it...

That's why I was so enamored with CJ Anderson when he sprung onto the scene a couple years ago - it was clear that he brought that "it" factor that had been missing from the position here.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Buff, I passed by your office yesterday. I flipped you the bird, and was wondering if you by chance saw it.

Buff
12-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Buff, I passed by your office yesterday. I flipped you the bird, and was wondering if you by chance saw it.

I thought that smell in the air yesterday was Greeley wafting down here - now it makes more sense.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2016, 02:28 PM
I thought that smell in the air yesterday was Greeley wafting down here - now it makes more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0peBq89ZTrc

nevcraw
12-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Booker will be fine - better than fine. Fix the line and Trev book and whoever else they put back there will be pro bowlers. Elway will have an offseason to fix the o from a personnel stand point.

nevcraw
12-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Fans that grade out poorly a 4th round rookie with a shit Oline, loaded box and a qb that isn't calling out of bad match ups should be taking their amazing abilities straight into top tier NFL front office gigs. I shiver in your presence. Let me know when you are done breaking down film for the Pats game so u can tell me what BB is going to do.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2016, 10:57 PM
Fans that grade out poorly a 4th round rookie with a shit Oline, loaded box and a qb that isn't calling out of bad match ups should be taking their amazing abilities straight into top tier NFL front office gigs. I shiver in your presence. Let me know when you are done breaking down film for the Pats game so we you an tell what BB is going to do.
👍🏻☝🏻️👍🏻

Simple Jaded
12-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Defenses don't load the box though, they don't have to.

nevcraw
12-13-2016, 11:18 PM
Defenses don't load the box though, they don't have to.

Fair enough

EastCoastBronco
12-14-2016, 07:42 AM
I think Walter Payton would be a dead man walking behind our o-line.
It's not Booker's fault.

CoachChaz
12-14-2016, 09:30 AM
We're still holding out hope that OL will be fixed under Elway, Kubiak and Barone?? lololololol

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2016, 01:50 PM
What's Bobby Turner up to these days? Studesville just isn't doing a very good job of coaching Booker up. Bobby was the best at coaching RBs in this system.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2016, 02:53 PM
We're still holding out hope that OL will be fixed under Elway, Kubiak and Barone?? lololololol
Elway had missed on a couple draft picks, but I think he's done what appeared to be a good job signing Okung and Stephenson. Hindsight is 20/20, but they sure looked like good signings at the time.

Simple Jaded
12-14-2016, 11:33 PM
What's Bobby Turner up to these days? Studesville just isn't doing a very good job of coaching Booker up. Bobby was the best at coaching RBs in this system.

He's coaching RB's in Atlanta.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2016, 04:50 PM
He's coaching RB's in Atlanta.

That makes sense. Atlanta has a good running game.

WARHORSE
12-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Fans that grade out poorly a 4th round rookie with a shit Oline, loaded box and a qb that isn't calling out of bad match ups should be taking their amazing abilities straight into top tier NFL front office gigs. I shiver in your presence. Let me know when you are done breaking down film for the Pats game so u can tell me what BB is going to do.

If thats your endorsement of Booker, challenge accepted.

The air is taut with suspense. :coffee:

Cue gunfighter music.

WARHORSE
12-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Perhaps Forsett will get us 2.8 pc too?

Valar Morghulis
12-16-2016, 02:23 AM
Should we kick the tires on Sammy winder

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Should we kick the wagon wheels on Sammy winder
Fify

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:27 PM
I can’t tell you how angry it makes me when the coaches take out Lindsay on almost every 3rd down or obvious passing play and put in Booker. Playmakers need to be on the field on 3rd down. Davonte is not a playmaker. Does Lindsay have hands of stone or something?

Northman
10-28-2018, 01:39 PM
It probably has more to do with Booker's blocking ability vs Lindsey's.

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:45 PM
I can’t tell you how angry it makes me when the coaches take out Lindsay on almost every 3rd down or obvious passing play and put in Booker. Playmakers need to be on the field on 3rd down. Davonte is not a playmaker. Does Lindsay have hands of stone or something?

One guy can block. The other guy can't. This is a common thing to do with young RB's.

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:46 PM
That strategy is not resulting in wins.

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:47 PM
That strategy is not resulting in wins.

It's very low on the list of why we're losing. We have bad coaches. We have one of the worst QB's in the league. We have no interior pass rush, worthwile ILB's, TE's, etc.

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:47 PM
It also telegraphs to the defense that it’s a pass or run depending on who is in the huddle. Very unimaginative and poor coaching

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:49 PM
It also telegraphs to the defense that it’s a pass or run depending on who is in the huddle. Very unimaginative and poor coaching

Then we should occasionally run with Booker, who, as an average RB, can be okay. Or, maybe the other backs should learn how to block.

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Every time you want to bash an offensive player just go "are they worse at their job than Keenum, or the people who vouched for him in the organization?"

That will be a better time spent critiquing.

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Then we should occasionally run with Booker, who, as an average RB, can be okay. Or, maybe the other backs should learn how to block.
That’s the problem. He’s a middling talent.

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:56 PM
How do you know he doesn’t know how to block? Do you just trust the coaches decision not to use him on 3rd down? How many of their other brilliant decisions do you trust?

atwater27
10-28-2018, 01:57 PM
King, your arguments are not helping my fantasy team.

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:57 PM
That’s the problem. He’s a middling talent.

You can get some yards with an average RB. Booker's done that several times throughout the year.

The real frustration is that we need every playmaker on the field at all times because the offense blows. And the offense blows because we have a career backup loser as the QB. And we have that loser as our QB because John Elway is bad at finding QB's.

Booker is a borderline roster guy, but he's not the real issue.

Poet
10-28-2018, 01:59 PM
How do you know he doesn’t know how to block? Do you just trust the coaches decision not to use him on 3rd down? How many of their other brilliant decisions do you trust?

Lindsay has been punished in blocking situations this season. Also, most teams with rookie RB's do this sort of thing. Lindsay being a smaller guy doesn't help, either.

FWIW, I would support getting Lindsay more in the passing game bcause on third down sometimes it doesn't matter if they know you're throwing the ball.

But we have someone who is really bad at throwing the ball.

Valar Morghulis
10-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Booker is not our starting running back. And his play supports why. But he is a decent rotation player.

He's playing fine tonight

aberdien
10-28-2018, 02:01 PM
yeah Booker is the reason we suck, good call

Poet
10-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Booker is not our starting running back. And his play supports why. But he is a decent rotation player.

He's playing fine tonight

I kind of like him. He's the loser out of the friend group who actually isn't that bad, but can't overcome the perception of him that is locked in stone.

atwater27
10-28-2018, 02:03 PM
yeah Booker is the reason we suck, good calloh blow it out your ass. I am well aware of our teams overall suckage right now.

aberdien
10-28-2018, 02:04 PM
goddamnit Booker let them score again!