PDA

View Full Version : Where would the broncos be if they kept Sanchez?

sneakers
12-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Maybe the same record? Maybe 9-3?

Zweems56
12-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Same record, more drama. Would have lost to Atlanta, and there would have been more clamoring for him to start over Siemian during the season. I am unimpressed with Paxton, but I'm glad Sanchez is elsewhere.

slim
12-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Maybe worse off....we would have turned the ball over more

BroncoJoe
12-05-2016, 08:43 AM
A Zweems sighting!

Davii
12-05-2016, 08:47 AM
They'd be back in Denver. Plane flew back last night.

Northman
12-05-2016, 08:59 AM
We would be worse off with Sanchez.

Tned
12-05-2016, 09:11 AM
We would be worse off with Sanchez.

Assuming the thought of this thread is kept Sanchez and he started, then it's hard to say. It's likely that Sanchez would have been a bit more aggressive in stretching the field then TS has been at times, but also based on his track record, we would likely have 6-9 more turnovers at this point. Based on what we saw in his last preseason performance, it didn't look like the Broncos had any success in coaching "ball security" to Sanchez.

Northman
12-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Assuming the thought of this thread is kept Sanchez and he started, then it's hard to say. It's likely that Sanchez would have been a bit more aggressive in stretching the field then TS has been at times, but also based on his track record, we would likely have 6-9 more turnovers at this point. Based on what we saw in his last preseason performance, it didn't look like the Broncos had any success in coaching "ball security" to Sanchez.

Thats the thing, the turnovers. Especially in critical moments. Sanchez's track record pretty much speaks for itself.

OrangeHoof
12-05-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't think we beat Carolina on Opening Week with Sanchez at the helm. Paxton missed a lot of throws but he probably hasn't had many reps. He did not look in sync with his receivers and that can be corrected. I also thought he overthrew a few times because he's excited to be out there. Go look at some of Elway's first few games and tell me he was a polished product back in '83.

Tned
12-05-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't think we beat Carolina on Opening Week with Sanchez at the helm. Paxton missed a lot of throws but he probably hasn't had many reps. He did not look in sync with his receivers and that can be corrected. I also thought he overthrew a few times because he's excited to be out there. Go look at some of Elway's first few games and tell me he was a polished product back in '83.

Very few rookies, including those that came out of much more pro-friendly colleges, look good in their first year of starting. Lynch having a couple bad games is expected. His accuracy was just as bad (maybe worse), but I thought his overall pocket presence was much improved this start.

Joel
12-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Time to beat one of my many dead horses: Sanchez is 30, has been in the league 7 years and a starter for 4 of them, so whatever he is at this point is all he'll ever be, because whatever coaching could do for him it already HAS done. This is why it's critical to get your franchise QB a decent line and coaching while he's still developing: Because otherwise even the most talented QBs develop the skills and instincts of a Sanchez, or Plummer, or Cutler, or David Carr, or....

If Sanchez had been our Opening Day starter, he'd have tried to "make something happen" in a lot of close games, and that "something" would've usually been BAD.

Freyaka
12-05-2016, 12:24 PM
If we'd have kept Sanchez as a starter...it would have been a trainwreck. He's really not good at thinking quickly and accurately...With the kind of pressure he'd have been under here in Denver there would have been a lot of fumbles and INT's for the most part... Our defense wouldn't have been able to keep up with that turnover monster...

MOtorboat
12-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Would be about the same team.

Tned
12-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Fair to say that Sanchez is slightly better than Siemian who is slightly better than Lynch, which means that Sanchez would be slightly better than Lynch? Or, that we would be pretty much the same no matter which of the three QBs started the games this season?

Hawgdriver
12-05-2016, 01:31 PM

At $1.5mm more, fwiw.

MOtorboat
12-05-2016, 01:33 PM
At $1.5mm more, fwiw.

Fair point.

CrazyHorse
12-05-2016, 01:36 PM
The same. He wouldn't be starting. In Lynch's place he still beats the Jags. Maybe he beats the Falcons so best case scenario 9-3.

Tned
12-05-2016, 02:12 PM
The same. He wouldn't be starting. In Lynch's place he still beats the Jags. Maybe he beats the Falcons so best case scenario 9-3.

Do you really think of the Broncos had kept him that he would be the backup? I think if they kept him, it would have only been as the starter.

weazel
12-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Lynch would have had alot more snot on his jacket

CrazyHorse
12-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Do you really think of the Broncos had kept him that he would be the backup? I think if they kept him, it would have only been as the starter.

He's currently third string in Dallas so yeah.

Zweems56
12-06-2016, 11:02 AM
A Zweems sighting!

Who is that?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Right now? Dove Valley

Tned
12-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Right now? Dove Valley

It's Tuesday, Broncos are off today, so they are actually probably scattered around Denver and the surrounding locales.

pnbronco
12-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Sanchez was getting boos at the preseason game I was at and I think I went to the first one....so it would have gotten ugly a lot earlier....you just expect more from a veteran... We could have the same record but with a lot more upset fans.

Tned
12-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Sanchez was getting boos at the preseason game I was at and I think I went to the first one....so it would have gotten ugly a lot earlier....you just expect more from a veteran... We could have the same record but with a lot more upset fans.

Apparently some expect an awful lot from second year players that have never thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game as well...

gregbroncs
12-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Do you really think of the Broncos had kept him that he would be the backup? I think if they kept him, it would have only been as the starter.Then we would have been worse. If he stayed as the backup I believe we'd have been the same. But Trevor is> than Sanchez, so if he stayed and been the starter, we'd have been worse.

dogfish
12-07-2016, 10:40 PM
effed. . .

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 10:08 AM
effed. . .

Rebuilding for the next 5 years...