PDA

View Full Version : David Bruton released from Redskins

DenBronx
12-02-2016, 08:18 PM
With our ST struggles I'd be suprised if Elway didn't try to bring this guy back.

David Bruton out in Washington after signing three-year deal in offseason
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/david-bruton-out-in-washington-after-signing-three-year-deal-in-offseason/

Simple Jaded
12-02-2016, 09:21 PM
If we were talking about adding a former WR I would completely agree that they try to bring him back.

UnderArmour
12-02-2016, 10:54 PM
It's a complete no-brainer to bring him back in if he is looking for a job until the end of the season. He was a team captain for three seasons, and did not choke or let the team down when he hit the field on defense. Obviously, he was not worth $9 million, but he will be back on a roster and hopefully it's this one.

underrated29
12-02-2016, 10:57 PM
I'd be surprised if we did add him. But I'd love to have my horse faced friend back. P is doing all sorts of prayer dances right now

pnbronco
12-02-2016, 11:15 PM
I'd be surprised if we did add him. But I'd love to have my horse faced friend back. P is doing all sorts of prayer dances right now

I would love to have David back...I think we can really use him on ST.... Having too many men on the line is what really bugged me on Sunday....I would hope a ST captain would know that rule... plus I like him....:D

NightTerror218
12-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Easily let a wr go for him to play st

Joel
12-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Seems like the big (only?) change from our great 2015 STs to our awful 2016 STs is the absence of Bruton and Bolden (who's also been a FA since the Bears cut him during camp.) Get this done.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 12:11 AM
I think Bibbs was playing Bruton's spot in punt coverage when he got that huge holding call.

Valar Morghulis
12-03-2016, 01:40 AM
With the exception of last week, in don't think our special teams have been that bad.

I would like him back though, but for a lot less than that crazy contract he got in Washington

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2016, 01:49 AM
With the exception of last week, in don't think our special teams have been that bad.

I would like him back though, but for a lot less than that crazy contract he got in Washington

How about the week took 4 kicks out to the 15 yard line?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2016, 01:50 AM
How about the week took 4 kicks out to the 15 yard line?

"Bibbs"

Valar Morghulis
12-03-2016, 01:52 AM
Yeah, that was some strange decision making, but we were trailing and I think they were trying to get something going because our offense was stalling.

Poor execution, but I can live with that. Every decision to run the ball back is a boom or bust, I just don't see the 2012, 13 and 14 dumpster fire yet

Valar Morghulis
12-03-2016, 01:53 AM
"Bibbs"

Although I would still castrate Norwood

Poet
12-03-2016, 02:45 AM
Although I would still castrate Norwood

Bibbs and Norwood are trash. They make me want to go back to my Style Don days.

underrated29
12-03-2016, 01:19 PM
"Bibbs"

Eh hmmm...

Kapri Bibbs!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Eh hmmm...

Kapri Bibbs!

You have to admit, his constantly putting us in bad field position on kick returns really hurt us in the first half against the Raiders

Joel
12-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Bibbs and Norwood are trash. They make me want to go back to my Style Don days.
You'll always be Styled On to me. :)

I really have NO idea what people see in Bibbs though. He's done very little, and most of that little was bad.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't mind Bibbs as a RB but he doesn't seem to have that ST's mentality. He has more of a "I can be the best RB in the league" mentality.

underrated29
12-03-2016, 04:34 PM
You have to admit, his constantly putting us in bad field position on kick returns really hurt us in the first half against the Raiders

Sure.
But is never have picked him for that. I have him picked for just what he was during the Chargers?ngame....

A rb who has wiggle and can take a screen or pass to the house. Unlike good old Tank Ronnie Hillman...... The rest I blame in st coaches and him being something he is not. He is a cop pass catching scat back. Basically what Hillman was supposed to be

underrated29
12-03-2016, 04:34 PM
You'll always be Styled On to me. :)

I really have NO idea what people see in Bibbs though. He's done very little, and most of that little was bad.

Not so much bibbs as less Hillman.

Kapri Bibbs!

underrated29
12-03-2016, 04:35 PM
I don't mind Bibbs as a RB but he doesn't seem to have that ST's mentality. He has more of a "I can be the best RB in the league" mentality.

Precisely

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Bibbs isn't and won't ever be the best RB in the NFL but he is the 3rd best RB on the team and a better RB than Hillman. But the 3rd RB is usually a good STer.

Joel
12-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Not so much bibbs as less Hillman.

Kapri Bibbs!

Bibbs isn't and won't ever be the best RB in the NFL but he is the 3rd best RB on the team and a better RB than Hillman. But the 3rd RB is usually a good STer.
Wow, that's an elite level of Hillman-hate: "Hillman's so bad even a really bad RB is an improvement." Not that I disagree, I just think it's funny.

I DO disagree that Bibbs is our 3rd best RB: Our backup FB's been far more productive. Bibbs' sole really good play wasn't even a RUN, but a garbage time screen pass with tons of downfield blocking in a game we'd already lost (badly.) As a runner... well, see for yourself (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BibbKa00/gamelog/). Then contrast with this (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomJu01/gamelog/).

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Juwan Thompson.......lame.

Joel
12-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Juwan Thompson.......lame.
At the very least, he is to Bibbs what Bibbs is to Hillman. ;)

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Draft Samaje Perine and get Geo Barnard in FA. Cut Bibbs and Thompson and we never have to pretend they make an ounce of difference again.

The Broncos preach about the running game but they have made marginal investments in RB's; an overpriced "starter" they should have let go, a 4th round rookie and a bunch of undrafted trash.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Sure.
But is never have picked him for that. I have him picked for just what he was during the Chargers?ngame....

A rb who has wiggle and can take a screen or pass to the house. Unlike good old Tank Ronnie Hillman...... The rest I blame in st coaches and him being something he is not. He is a cop pass catching scat back. Basically what Hillman was supposed to be
I don't mind him as a rb, but as a returner it's painful.

Joel
12-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Draft Samaje Perine and get Geo Barnard in FA. Cut Bibbs and Thompson and we never have to pretend they make an ounce of difference again.

The Broncos preach about the running game but they have made marginal investments in RB's; an overpriced "starter" they should have let go, a 4th round rookie and a bunch of undrafted trash.
They shouldn't have let CJ go, but should have tendered him significantly higher. On the other hand, a tender wouldn't have really "solved" the problem, just punted it downfield "all the way" to 2017. Now we've got him locked up through 2019, and can still "punt" on him altogether after 2017 if we like, with no dead money.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 06:55 PM
I don't mind him as a rb, but as a returner it's painful.

Feels like theyre just shoehorning Bibbs into a ST's role by making him returner, same with Norwood. I'm actually ok with not granting a player a 53 man roster spot by virtue of returner-only role but it's getting kind of old not having a legit PR.

I would argue that CJ Spiller is not only a better PR option but also a better RB option, he's not as effective as he once was (I don't even know if he's still available) but at least you'd be getting two players with that roster spot.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 06:57 PM
They shouldn't have let CJ go, but should have tendered him significantly higher. On the other hand, a tender wouldn't have really "solved" the problem, just punted it downfield "all the way" to 2017. Now we've got him locked up through 2019, and can still "punt" on him altogether after 2017 if we like, with no dead money.

They should've let him go, he's a china doll.

sneakers
12-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Was it he who played the last 3 quarters of a football game last season with a broken leg?

Joel
12-03-2016, 09:16 PM
They should've let him go, he's a china doll.Uh huh: Just like ALL our RBs for the past DECADE—almost like THEY'RE not the problem. Like, maybe if they didn't have to break 2-3 tackles just to reach the line they'd be healthier. Or maybe if we just had a RB who goes down on the first hit; Ronnie Hillman's pretty durable, so where is he when we "need" him? ;)

Joel
12-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Was it he who played the last 3 quarters of a football game last season with a broken leg?
I thought it was a knee, but yeah, something like that: Finished the game, then went on IR.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Uh huh: Just like ALL our RBs for the past DECADE—almost like THEY'RE not the problem. Like, maybe if they didn't have to break 2-3 tackles just to reach the line they'd be healthier. Or maybe if we just had a RB who goes down on the first hit; Ronnie Hillman's pretty durable, so where is he when we "need" him? ;)

I didn't say the RB's were the problem, I said they've made marginal investments in the position. They have.

Joel
12-04-2016, 02:38 AM
I didn't say the RB's were the problem, I said they've made marginal investments in the position. They have.
They spent a 1st round pick one year, so everyone bitched about drafting a RB that high for the length of the guys contract; later they spent a 2nd round pick and got pretty much the same reaction (though, to be fair, Montee Ball WAS a blown pick.) Put it this way: I wish our offensive linemen investments were as "marginal" as our RB investments—and our beat up RBs probably do too (our beat up QBs certainly do!)

VonDoom
12-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Bruton cleared waivers - he's free to sign with anyone

Simple Jaded
12-05-2016, 08:38 PM
They spent a 1st round pick one year, so everyone bitched about drafting a RB that high for the length of the guys contract; later they spent a 2nd round pick and got pretty much the same reaction (though, to be fair, Montee Ball WAS a blown pick.) Put it this way: I wish our offensive linemen investments were as "marginal" as our RB investments—and our beat up RBs probably do too (our beat up QBs certainly do!)

We bitched because Slowshon was a 3rd or 4th round prospect drafted by a fraud who was clearly in over his head.

Hate to say it but Elways efforts aren't any better, their backs suck.

I Eat Staples
12-08-2016, 04:25 PM

I dig it, he's filling a void we've had since Selvin Young.

Ziggy
12-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Our problems on special teams are in the return game. Coverage is great. Dixon is on pace to have the best net average for a rookie punter in NFL history. I think the problem with special teams has more to do with Norwood than the guys blocking for him.

VonDoom
12-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Ravens apparently worked out Bruton. Not sure why we haven't yet

Rick
12-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Our problems on special teams are in the return game. Coverage is great. Dixon is on pace to have the best net average for a rookie punter in NFL history. I think the problem with special teams has more to do with Norwood than the guys blocking for him.

And to think, many were ready to cut him after week 1.