PDA

View Full Version : Paxton starts again

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Tned
12-07-2016, 01:49 PM
So what's Trevor excuse for not being able to run the ( real offense )? Only thing he was askrd to do lazt year and a half was learn the real offense.

He is running it. Other than playing injured for multiple games where his accuracy and velocity dropped (Sanders said it was back post bye), and dealing with horrible protection, he's doing just fine for a first year starter.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 01:53 PM
It's not throwing him under the bus, its throwing his offensive scheme and play calling under the bus. Whether Trevor is rookie or not he should have the entire playbook at his disposal after a year and a half man. Whether he can perform it is another thing but the entire playbook should be being used for Trevor.

And dont kid yourself wade Phillips and his defense won kubiak that superbowl, it absolutely had zero to do with his offense

You can only learn so much in practice... Trevor continues to get more and more comfortable in the offense, but he's had injury to derail his progress as well.

Typical though. Player fans always want to throw the coach under the bus anytime their player isn't performing like the god they know they really are....It's gotta be the coaches fault, it couldn't possibly be that our player is bad so... So sure, lets blame Kubiak for the fact that Trevor and by extension your boy paxton are struggling (nevermind the fact that Trevor actually looked dang good the last time he played)

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Well see, it's Wednesday so is he back at practice practicing in full?

Tned
12-07-2016, 01:56 PM

What did Kubiak say in his press conference?

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 01:57 PM

There hasn't been a report released yet.

Tned
12-07-2016, 01:58 PM
There hasn't been a report released yet.

I figured, I was just throwing it out as a response to his back handed Trever can't stay healthy or whatever infantile point he was trying to make.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I figured, I was just throwing it out as a response to his back handed Trever can't stay healthy or whatever infantile point he was trying to make.

Wonder how he feels about the fact that Paxton played so bad TJ Yates is being brought in for a workout...Hard to deny that isn't something to be proud of if you are Paxton Lynch.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Once the updated week 14 report is released it will be here

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Is it Gary Kubiak's offense that's making Lynch play poorly, or is Lynch just simply not playing that well?

Let's say for example he ran a style of offense similar to the Patriots, would he perform better as a QB? I know the O-line wouldn't change in terms of protection, but is our system too complex for him?

I look at Peyton's struggles in this style of offense, and I can't help but wonder if maybe it's our style on offense that's creating more problems than anything else.

Considering the way he's sailing passes and missing wide open guys, it's safe to say the scheme isn't the problem.

Tned
12-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Considering the way he's sailing passes and missing wide open guys, it's safe to say the scheme isn't the problem.

He's getting rid of the ball very quickly (top ten in the league his two starts), so he could be trying to beat the defender and as such rushing his passes, which could be effecting accuracy. So, benefit of the doubt and all, if he had a bit more time, or was running more shotgun, WR screens, etc., he could potentially have better results.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Wonder how he feels about the fact that Paxton played so bad TJ Yates is being brought in for a workout...Hard to deny that isn't something to be proud of if you are Paxton Lynch.

Your a moron if you think tj yates is about paxton and not mister can't stay healthy so we need a back-up trevor.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 02:28 PM
One thing for sure is you cannot take 99% of fans serious because they just dont have a clue about the game inside the game.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 02:28 PM
What did Kubiak say in his press conference?

What did he say

BroncoJoe
12-07-2016, 02:30 PM
One thing for sure is you cannot take 99% of fans serious because they just dont have a clue about the game inside the game.

LOL. Let me guess - you're part of that exclusive 1%, right?

LOL.

Tned
12-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Your a moron if you think tj yates is about paxton and not mister can't stay healthy so we need a back-up trevor.

Really, you are referring to someone else an idiot. Really?

You are a friggin troll, that thinks he's clever asking leading questions to then bash Siemian, to somehow show your rather disturbing love/fetish for Lynch.

Tned
12-07-2016, 02:32 PM

LOL.

No, he's part of the .01% that would sneak into a locker room and try and steal a pair of Lynch's socks or jock strap and then curl up with it at night dreaming of storybook life they could lead together.

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Lol and people think kubiak doesn't fall in love with poor quarterbacks. There's no reason yates should be working out for anybody. This says to me that kubiak is realizing that Trevor isn't ever going to be healthy to play week in week out, need a backup but tj yates? Smh

If your going to bring in a QB this late in the season, you almost always bring in one that had played for you in the past so they will already know the system. If you can find 1 that didn't just have a winning record for you, but also won a post season game, that is a rare opportunity.

Yates: 4-3 regular season, 1-1 post season http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YateT.00.htm

So this has little or nothing to do with what Elway wants in a QB & everything to do with the fact this QB has won game in Kube's system.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 02:54 PM

How could it not be? We have a two backups on the roster right now. Austin Davis and Paxton Lynch. Paxton Lynch has showed that he is not a capable backup by displaying poor play in his two starts in relief of the starter. If he was an adequate backup, we wouldn't need to bring in Yates because we could allow Lynch to play and have Davis back him up. Instead, we are bringing in another QB.... We wouldn't be bringing in a 3rd backup if the first two were adequate and Paxton clearly isn't....

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Aka Madden...the only game of football you understand.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2016, 02:57 PM
He's getting rid of the ball very quickly (top ten in the league his two starts), so he could be trying to beat the defender and as such rushing his passes, which could be effecting accuracy. So, benefit of the doubt and all, if he had a bit more time, or was running more shotgun, WR screens, etc., he could potentially have better results.

I'm actually not too concerned about his accuracy. I think with a full offseason it will improve a lot because he demonstrated good touch on the ball during the preseason.

His ability to read defenses and go through progressions are what concern me the most going forward. We won't know much about that until we're a good 8 games into his first full season starting.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 03:55 PM

LOL.

Having played organized football and basketball for many years, yes.

Poet
12-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Oh god....you're one of 'those'.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 03:57 PM
If your going to bring in a QB this late in the season, you almost always bring in one that had played for you in the past so they will already know the system. If you can find 1 that didn't just have a winning record for you, but also won a post season game, that is a rare opportunity.

Yates: 4-3 regular season, 1-1 post season http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YateT.00.htm

So this has little or nothing to do with what Elway wants in a QB & everything to do with the fact this QB has won game in Kube's system.

So why did we sign Austin instead of just signing yates?

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh god....you're one of 'those'.

Yes I'm one of those who has put blood sweat and tears into sport's. Put some respect on my name. Lol
https://youtu.be/tEpTTc0dI3M

capt. Jack
12-07-2016, 04:03 PM
I think Paxton will be fine.
He showed some good stuff last week. With practice and live game play he should continue to improve.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 04:09 PM
So at the end of the day trevor can have 2 good games out of 10 or so and people crown him, paxton has 1 decent game manager type game out of 2 and he's trash.

One has over a year and a half in the system. One has months.

Go figure.

I hope Trevor does play this week.

Poet
12-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Yes I'm one of those who has put blood sweat and tears into sport's. Put some respect on my name. Lol
https://youtu.be/tEpTTc0dI3M

Sports.

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 04:26 PM
So why did we sign Austin instead of just signing yates?

Looking at it from the perspective of pre-season, after losing OZ to free agency & Sanchez being a bust, we need a adequate emergency QB that we most likely would never need. Nevertheless, there'd undoubtedly be enough time for a 3rd string with more overall talent to learn the playbook. Now that the emergency 3rd string is the temporary 2nd string, Elway & Kubes may feel the need to have a temporary 3rd string.

There's also the possibility that they were as wrong about Austin as they were about Sanchez. The fact is, we don't know what their assessments of our QBs are, especially Austin who has yet to see the field in a Broncos uniform. Maybe he's not as good of a fit for Kubes' system as they hope & therefore need someone who has proven successful with Kubes in the past.

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 04:28 PM

What a coincidence, so have I. In both of those sports in fact. I also have competed in organized volleyball & league bowling.

Tned
12-07-2016, 04:47 PM
So at the end of the day trevor can have 2 good games out of 10 or so and people crown him, paxton has 1 decent game manager type game out of 2 and he's trash.

One has over a year and a half in the system. One has months.

Go figure.

I hope Trevor does play this week.

:lmao: Really, that's the way you are going to describe Paxton's second game. I haven't laughed this hard since I went to an Eddie Murphy standup and he was shit faced on stage.

slim
12-07-2016, 04:52 PM

Werd

BroncoJoe
12-07-2016, 04:55 PM

All I can say is:

LMFAO.

You're special.

NightTerror218
12-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Biggest concern is siemian durability. Missing games due to multiple injuries. And was injured in college in his only season as a starter. Concerning for sure.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 05:17 PM
:lmao: Really, that's the way you are going to describe Paxton's second game. I haven't laughed this hard since I went to an Eddie Murphy standup and he was shit faced on stage.

To be fair, we don't know that Lynch12 isn't in the same condition right now...I'd have to give him that benefit of the doubt when making that outlandishly awful of a comment.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Biggest concern is siemian durability. Missing games due to multiple injuries. And was injured in college in his only season as a starter. Concerning for sure.

His current situation, without the head coach having the desire to run the wildcat with a run first QB, sounds a lot like Siemian's college situation -- a line that can't protect long enough for drop back passes and Siemian battling injuries:

And it was Siemian who was frequently asked to deliver in difficult game situations. At Syracuse in the opener, the Wildcats needed a touchdown to win with three minutes left in the game. Siemian relieved Colter and led a 10-play, 75-yard drive for the winning score. In the Gator Bowl that year, Siemian resuscitated an offense that had a five-drive stretch of interception, punt, punt, punt, interception, and scrambled in for the decisive touchdown in a 34-20 victory over Mississippi State. That victory snapped the longest postseason losing streak in college football, and the Wildcats finished 17th in the AP rankings.

“We had two really dynamic guys who were different,” says Fitzgerald of the platoon system. “We took two guys and molded them into one.”
The following year, though, was a step back. While the platoon system with Colter still showed some effectiveness, Siemian was hampered all year by an ankle injury. With starting running back Venric Mark sidelined with his own ankle and hamstring injuries, Northwestern lost seven straight after a 4-0 start and failed to make a bowl for the first time in six years.

It takes a patient player to wait for his shot through two seasons of coming off the bench. “In a backwards sort of way, it probably helped Trevor because he ended up having to be a really great teammate and sacrifice his wants for the greater good of the team,” Fitzgerald says. Asked whether Siemian’s NFL success means he should have gotten the call earlier, Fitzgerald says that’s “a really good question, a fair question.” But at Northwestern, Siemian wouldn’t have had the offensive line to keep him upright, and the scheme wasn’t suited for a dropback passer.

It’s a tribute to Siemian that he’d hung around long enough to finally win the starting job outright as a senior. But when the offense was finally his own to claim, he lacked consistent playmakers at receiver and a steady offensive line. “It’s easy and lazy to look at his college career and not understand what he went through,” says former Wildcats running back Mike Trumpy, a close friend of Siemian.

Adds Schmidt: “We knew from day one Trevor had the skills. He’s always had a big arm and been a cerebral guy. We were never able to protect him long enough and put some weapons around him that would allow him to succeed.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/12/mmqb-trevor-siemian-northwestern-broncos-starter-peyton-manning-successor

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 05:19 PM

Then I guess its a good thing that Elway & Kubes has never given any indication that he's the long term solution. One way or another, we will have a different starting QB in 2017. Will it be Lynch, or will he need another year to learn they system? If he not ready, Austin might be promoted to #1, or they may being in another vet.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:20 PM
To be fair, we don't know that Lynch12 isn't in the same condition right now...I'd have to give him that benefit of the doubt when making that outlandishly awful of a comment.

Or, if he really was a player, maybe a concussion or 20 too many.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Then I guess its a good thing that Elway & Kubes has never given any indication that he's the long term solution. One way or another, we will have a different starting QB in 2017. Will it be Lynch, or will he need another year to learn they system? If he not ready, Austin might be promoted to #1, or they may being in another vet.

As we sit here today, if I was putting percentages on it:

50% Siemian 2017 starter
35% Lynch 2017 starter
15% 2017 starter not on Broncos roster today

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Or, if he really was a player, maybe a concussion or 20 too many.

People have been know to misrepresent themselves on line :shocked:

This has just rocked my faith in humanity :tsk:

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 05:27 PM
As we sit here today, if I was putting percentages on it:

50% Siemian 2017 starter
35% Lynch 2017 starter
15% 2017 starter not on Broncos roster today

The #1 reason Austin wasn't named the starter was that he was signed at the end of training camp, so he didn't have any time to study the playbook. With him having an entire year to study, I do think he may be a more viable option for 2017 the Siemian if Lynch is still not ready.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:35 PM
The #1 reason Austin wasn't named the starter was that he was signed at the end of training camp, so he didn't have any time to study the playbook. With him having an entire year to study, I do think he may be a more viable option for 2017 the Siemian if Lynch is still not ready.

Maybe, but I'm not sure what evidence we have to support that. I think if that was the case, and as bad as Paxton has looked, we would start to see Davis dressed over Lynch in the closing weeks, if Siemian is healthy and playing.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Mike Klis via Rotoworld:

Trevor Siemian (foot) returned to a limited practice Wednesday.
Paxton Lynch was an utter disaster once again in last week's spot start against the Jaguars. He and Siemian split the reps Wednesday, putting Siemian on track to return this week against the Titans. He won't be a fantasy option on the road, but Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas will get a boost. Dec 7 - 2:56 PM
Source: Mike Klis (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/806583913124626432)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10622/trevor-siemian

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Mike Klis via Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10622/trevor-siemian

Good to hear! Trevor taking snaps bodes well. Hopefully he's 100% by gametime.

Poet
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Let's say we lose a couple straight games and are out of the playoff picture (just a hypothetical I have us slated as the fifth seed) do you guys think we should stick with TS?

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Let's say we lose a couple straight games and are out of the playoff picture (just a hypothetical I have us slated as the fifth seed) do you guys think we should stick with TS?

My initial reaction is no, but with a but, but not a butt.

If the Broncos believe that TS is a viable starting option for 2017, then they should continue to let him get experience, as Lynch is clearly not ready.

If the Broncos don't believe that, then I think Lynch is far enough along that it would be good experience, rather than setting him back, but it's close. He truly doesn't look NFL ready. Even his biggest supporters in the media have come to that conclusion. So, tough call.

But, if there hope is Lynch in '17, then I say as soon as they are eliminated, start Lynch. If they think Lynch is a couple years away and think TS is viable starter and it will be an open competition next year, then it's a tougher call.

Tned
12-07-2016, 05:52 PM
By the way, PFF listed their worst players in week 13 at every position, and Lynch and Booker were the winners of that award for QB and running back. He wasn't the worst player in week 5, as Osweiller narrowly beat lynch out 34 to 38 in their grading.

Week 13 offense

Quarterback: Paxton Lynch, Denver Broncos, 35.0
Despite the win for Denver, this game provided evidence as to why the Broncos are sticking with Trevor Siemian instead of Paxton Lynch (at least for now). There was no accuracy on his deep ball (throws 20 yards or more downfield), as he missed all four such attempts. When Lynch was put under pressure, he completed just three passes on eight attempts for 13 yards. Lynch may be the answer one day, but right now, he’s just not ready to lead the team.

Running back: Devontae Booker, Denver Broncos, 48.3
It was a rough day all-around for the Broncos’ offense, as they gained just 207 yards overall. While he was not helped by his offensive line, Devontae Booker still struggled rushing the football. He gained just 34 yards on 18 carries, averaging a mere 1.4 yards after contact per carry, and forced just two missed tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-lowest-graded-player-at-every-position-in-nfl-week-13/

FanInAZ
12-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Maybe, but I'm not sure what evidence we have to support that. I think if that was the case, and as bad as Paxton has looked, we would start to see Davis dressed over Lynch in the closing weeks, if Siemian is healthy and playing.

I saw Austin play when he took over for Bradford while with the Rams, & I was impressed. As far as Siemian, he got the starting job because their wasn't any viable alternatives once it became clear Sanchez was a bust. Elway & Kubes have an entire off season to find a more viable solution for next year if Lynch isn't ready & Davis isn't the solution either, so I think there's little chance of Siemian being the starter next year.

Broncoknight30
12-07-2016, 05:58 PM
I just hope the OL is fixed. As I said before and this is my belief. GREAT OLs make average QBs good and good QBs great.

Is Dak Prescott really that great, or does the OL enable him to become great?

Yes, off topic a bit, but from what I am seeing Siemian is effective when he has time.

Fix the line and the offense will be effective.

Tned
I saw Austin play when he took over for Bradford while with the Rams, & I was impressed. As far as Siemian, he got the starting job because their wasn't any viable alternatives once it became clear Sanchez was a bust. Elway & Kubes have an entire off season to find a more viable solution for next year if Lynch isn't ready & Davis isn't the solution either, so I think there's little chance of Siemian being the starter next year.

Time, and the remaining 4-7 games, will tell us a lot. As I said, where we sit today, that's where I put the odds.

spikerman
Call me crazy, but I think they actually like Siemian so I could definitely see him as the starter again next year.

Tned
12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
I just hope the OL is fixed. As I said before and this is my belief. GREAT OLs make average QBs good and good QBs great.

Yes, off topic a bit, but from what I am seeing Siemian is effective when he has time.

I think it's a must.

No QB is going to do very well with that line and that play calling. If the line is going to be that bad, they need to be playing out of the shotgun and everything has to be quick hitting passes. Fast slants, two step curls, bubble screens, RB screens, etc.

BroncoJoe
12-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Call me crazy, but I think they actually like Siemian so I could definitely see him as the starter again next year.

You're crazy.

:yo:

BroncoJoe
12-07-2016, 06:05 PM
I think it's a must.

No QB is going to do very well with that line and that play calling. If the line is going to be that bad, they need to be playing out of the shotgun and everything has to be quick hitting passes. Fast slants, two step curls, bubble screens, RB screens, etc.

Toss sweep...

Tned
12-07-2016, 06:05 PM

Yes, while I think there is a slim chance they could go after a free agent QB (not sure who's likely to be out there), I think most likely it would be one of those two from what we've seen. I see Romo as very slim to none, Cutler slightly more likely, but slim to none.

spikerman
12-07-2016, 06:09 PM
You're crazy.

:yo:
I should have said, "call me sexy..."

dogfish
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM

i will call to the stand trevor's performance against KC-- and lynch's performance against the jags. . . given the most recent evidence presented, i'm going with hell naw! in a scenario where broncos football gets cut short, i'd at least want the last few weeks to be watchable. . .

BroncoJoe
12-07-2016, 06:28 PM
i will call to the stand trevor's performance against KC-- and lynch's performance against the jags. . . given the most recent evidence presented, i'm going with hell naw! in a scenario where broncos football gets cut short, i'd at least want the last few weeks to be watchable. . .

I'm confused. Are you saying hell naw to TS starting or putting in Lynch? Because the question was "should we stick with TS?"

Jesus - be clear in your posts, you moron.

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 06:31 PM

I do. I like his potential and would like to see what he does with one more year of development (because honestly, I think it'll take Paxton another year to be ready to battle for the starting job)

Freyaka
12-07-2016, 06:33 PM

I was extremely anti-Trevor going into the preseason (To the extent that I would openly mock those that thought he was capable of winning the starting job) but he's won me over this season and I recognize that I didn't give him a fair shot early on.

Tned
12-07-2016, 06:35 PM
I was extremely anti-Trevor going into the preseason (To the extent that I would openly mock those that thought he was capable of winning the starting job) but he's won me over this season and I recognize that I didn't give him a fair shot early on.

I never believed he was in the running for the job. I thought it was the standard "open competition" BS that you hear and that it was going to completely come down to whether or not Lynch was ready or they would go with Sanchez.

dogfish
12-07-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying hell naw to TS starting or putting in Lynch? Because the question was "should we stick with TS?"

Jesus - be clear in your posts, you moron.

settle down, beavis. . . hell naw to lynch starting. . .

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 06:46 PM

Trevor isn't going to be the starter next year for sure. Austin Davis shoulda never been signed, they should have just signed tj Yates to begin with instead of signing him now, he was available when they signed Davis.

Tned
12-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Trevor isn't going to be the starter next year for sure. Austin Davis shoulda never been signed, they should have just signed tj Yates to begin with instead of signing him now, he was available when they signed Davis.

Well, at the time they thought Lynch would be capable of stepping in and being a viable backup if TS went down. Jokes on them.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Guaranteed Trevor gets benched if we lose to the titans. He cannot come back after lynch managed the team to a win with zero turnovers and trevor comes back throwing his picks and we lose and he's clearly not healthy which is gonna be the case for his entire career he will vet pulled

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 06:55 PM

Don't forget Sanchez waz brung in because they had no faith in Trevor...... They wanted Sanchez to win the job badly but he sucked bad.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 06:56 PM

Sorry but dak Is throwing the ball really well, manning made bad lines look good in his prime. The great ones do that.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Well, at the time they thought Lynch would be capable of stepping in and being a viable backup if TS went down. Jokes on them.

The interest in yates has nothing to do with lynch and more to do with Davis. Lynch stepped in and didn't ruin the game for the team, didnt turn the ball over, missed some throws that could have been big time but what the ****? Dude has no chemistry with the guys yet, this stuff doesn't just happen like that. He needs multiple weeks and reps and games with the guys,, im glad he took the shots instead of shying away from them as Trevor has done 80% of the season.

Tned
12-07-2016, 07:12 PM
The interest in yates has nothing to do with lynch and more to do with Davis. Lynch stepped in and didn't ruin the game for the team, didnt turn the ball over, missed some throws that could have been big time but what the ****? Dude has no chemistry with the guys yet, this stuff doesn't just happen like that. He needs multiple weeks and reps and games with the guys,, im glad he took the shots instead of shying away from them as Trevor has done 80% of the season.

:delusional:

Tned
12-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Hey, who deleted the :delusional: smiley? :confused:

Broncoknight30
12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Sorry but dak Is throwing the ball really well, manning made bad lines look good in his prime. The great ones do that.

Yeah, good QBs throw the ball really well. That OL, certainly allows him to.

Poet
12-07-2016, 07:19 PM
To be fair to Lynch's point of view -- Lynch would be playing better, as a fair presumption, if he had more time with the guys. There is such a thing as chemistry, and practice does make perfect.

With that being said, the notion that Lynch played a decent game is insane. You have to judge it as the singular game, as in what happened. He was horrible. We can debate if he would be as horrible as he was had he spent more time playing, or with the reps. We can debate a lot of things. What we can't debate, however, is that singe game performance. It was shit. As far as the no turnovers thing, eh. The Jags dropped what should have been an easy pick in the endzone. Several weeks ago TS had a game where the opposition dropped about two or three easy picks as well. Yeah, they didn't happen, but against a real team they probably will. They also still stand out as a horrible, horrible, horrible choice.

I'm not so scared or worried that he looked so bad. The Jags have a decent passing defense, it was his second start, it was on the road, and he's as raw as a rookie QB can actually be.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah, good QBs throw the ball really well. That OL, certainly allows him to.

No doubt the offensive line helps but he's just throwing it really really well right now.

Canmore
12-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Really. From what I have seen of Lynch, that is the only for sure.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:26 PM
To be fair to Lynch's point of view -- Lynch would be playing better, as a fair presumption, if he had more time with the guys. There is such a thing as chemistry, and practice does make perfect.

With that being said, the notion that Lynch played a decent game is insane. You have to judge it as the singular game, as in what happened. He was horrible. We can debate if he would be as horrible as he was had he spent more time playing, or with the reps. We can debate a lot of things. What we can't debate, however, is that singe game performance. It was shit. As far as the no turnovers thing, eh. The Jags dropped what should have been an easy pick in the endzone. Several weeks ago TS had a game where the opposition dropped about two or three easy picks as well. Yeah, they didn't happen, but against a real team they probably will. They also still stand out as a horrible, horrible, horrible choice.

I'm not so scared or worried that he looked so bad. The Jags have a decent passing defense, it was his second start, it was on the road, and he's as raw as a rookie QB can actually be.

I don't think he looked like shit. I think he looked decent and that's that, he missed throws, but he didn't ruin the game. The kid needs reps with the guys imo. If he plays this week I expect him to look a little better.

Trevor could very well have 20 ints this year if were talking dropped ints. He also has a fair share of pick sides that were just bone headed unacceptable throws. He is supposed to be the one who knows the playbook and has the time spent with the guys. If h plays this week he should not be struggling at this point of the season, he should be taking off.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Really. From what I have seen of Lynch, that is the only for sure.

Doesn't matter what you think you've seen bro, Lynch just needs reps with the guys, not a game here game there, practice here practice there, it's noway to get any quarterback ready that way.

Canmore
12-07-2016, 07:29 PM
I don't think he looked like shit. I think he looked decent and that's that, he missed throws, but he didn't ruin the game. The kid needs reps with the guys imo. If he plays this week I expect him to look a little better.

Trevor could very well have 20 ints this year if were talking dropped ints. He also has a fair share of pick sides that were just bone headed unacceptable throws. He is supposed to be the one who knows the playbook and has the time spent with the guys. If h plays this week he should not be struggling at this point of the season, he should be taking off.

For once you are right. Comparing Lynch's performance to shit is giving shit a bad name.

Broncoknight30
12-07-2016, 07:32 PM

True enough. However it was discouraging to me that he continuously made inaccurate throws when he had time.

May sound crazy, but I am concerned that his height works against him in this offense. He seems to struggle getting the ball down on those 5 routes and 4 routes. The west coast offense is predicated on a short passing game. Lots of timing routes.

The big concern with Lynch was the fact that he never took a snap from under center. That may very well not be his game.

Time will tell, but he needs to show that he can complete passes more consistently, especially when he has time.

Poet
12-07-2016, 07:38 PM
True enough. However it was discouraging to me that he continuously made inaccurate throws when he had time.

May sound crazy, but I am concerned that his height works against him in this offense. He seems to struggle getting the ball down on those 5 routes and 4 routes. The west coast offense is predicated on a short passing game. Lots of timing routes.

The big concern with Lynch was the fact that he never took a snap from under center. That may very well not be his game.

Time will tell, but he needs to show that he can complete passes more consistently, especially when he has time.

We've seen many young QB's do that. We've seen TS do that. I'm not hating on TS, but it's true. Young QB's do what young QB's do.

I can't say that we have the same height concerns.

This is a concern that I share. Not that he can't do it, but that it will take a lot of time.

He's had two games. We can find young HoF QB's with worse stat lines. Aikman, Bradshaw, Elway, and a lot of guys were buttcheeks early on.

Tned
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM

Even his biggest supporters in the media are using phrases like: disaster, not ready for prime time, raw, possibly not ready for 2017... Those were all the complimentary ones. You are defending him with arguments you said were invalid for TS who is a first year starter.

When you act like this, a player fanboi, you have zero credibility on this site. Actually, you are in the red, you are below zero and will have to climb back to just having zero credibility.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM
settle down, beavis. . . hell naw to lynch starting. . .

Dog, do you bump the hip-hop in the morning on the way to your white-collar job in your Toyota forerunner? 👔

Tned
12-07-2016, 07:48 PM
We've seen many young QB's do that. We've seen TS do that. I'm not hating on TS, but it's true. Young QB's do what young QB's do.

Hallelujah, you have seen the light.

Poet
12-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Hallelujah, you have seen the light.

I never said that TS wasn't deserving of some of the benefit of the doubt. I simply pointed out time and time again that he made some errors, sometimes in succession, that did not deserve so.

I also took issue with the setup of argumentation that essentially gave him a pass for every mistake while praise for every success. I've never been one to believe in a total lack of accountability. It's why, for instance, I was never truly pissed at TS, nor ever enamored with him. I, as per usual, had the most logical and intelligent stance.

But that's because I'm the smartest guy in the whole ******* world.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Even his biggest supporters in the media are using phrases like: disaster, not ready for prime time, raw, possibly not ready for 2017... Those were all the complimentary ones. You are defending him with arguments you said were invalid for TS who is a first year starter.

When you act like this, a player fanboi, you have zero credibility on this site. Actually, you are in the red, you are below zero and will have to climb back to just having zero credibility.

You think I care what the media says? The same media who said Denver would be crap last year? 4th in he division and would lose the superbowl after being proven wrong since last off season? That media? Too hell with the media.

I am positive Lynch will be just fine.

Lynch12
12-07-2016, 08:02 PM
If you want me to be fair to Trevor I have said that he's going to be a very good back-up, for the simple fact he cannot stay healthy. He throws the ball pretty well he just doesn't take shots as much as he should because that's not his style. A quarterback who can't stay healthy and is not a top notch talent becomes a top notch back-up. And that's perfectly fine, to be a quality nfl back-up is a great achievement for a guy Like him whose a 7th round pick.

I still don't know who's going to start this weekend though since they split reps today.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2016, 08:02 PM
You think I care what the media says? The same media who said Denver would be crap last year? 4th in he division and would lose the superbowl after being proven wrong since last off season? That media? Too hell with the media.

I am positive Lynch will be just fine.

Who in the media said we'd be 4th in the division and go on to play in the Super Bowl?

Canmore
12-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Who in the media said we'd be 4th in the division and go on to play in the Super Bowl?

The same people giving him his meds.

spikerman
12-07-2016, 08:09 PM
If you want me to be fair to Trevor I have said that he's going to be a very good back-up, for the simple fact he cannot stay healthy. He throws the ball pretty well he just doesn't take shots as much as he should because that's not his style. A quarterback who can't stay healthy and is not a top notch talent becomes a top notch back-up. And that's perfectly fine, to be a quality nfl back-up is a great achievement for a guy Like him whose a 7th round pick.

I still don't know who's going to start this weekend though since they split reps today.
If he's healthy it's a no-brainer that Siemian starts.

Hawgdriver
12-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Guaranteed Trevor gets benched if we lose to the titans. He cannot come back after lynch managed the team to a win with zero turnovers and trevor comes back throwing his picks and we lose and he's clearly not healthy which is gonna be the case for his entire career he will vet pulled

You are trying too hard.

Tned
12-07-2016, 08:46 PM
I never said that TS wasn't deserving of some of the benefit of the doubt. I simply pointed out time and time again that he made some errors, sometimes in succession, that did not deserve so.

I also took issue with the setup of argumentation that essentially gave him a pass for every mistake while praise for every success. I've never been one to believe in a total lack of accountability. It's why, for instance, I was never truly pissed at TS, nor ever enamored with him. I, as per usual, had the most logical and intelligent stance.

But that's because I'm the smartest guy in the whole ******* world.

Ok, I would say you Trumped me with that response, but you will have to work harder to make King great again...

You say that now, but you haven't lived up to it in many conversations/game day threads. You keep talking about taking the even keeled approach, but haven't practiced that.

What you said, is accurate. Young players do young things. Period. Whether that's TS, Dixon, Booker or whoever. As a general rule, the only thing they consistently due, is to perform in an inconsistent manner.

Beyond that, when you throw an injury in and see clear and immediate regression in an area like accuracy, and the stats associated with that, then you have to apply that self declared logic and put 2 and 2 together and not come up with something other than 4.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
...more stupid than yesterday.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 09:27 PM
I doubt Kinger wants to be a POS.

Von Kinger 2020

Tned
12-07-2016, 09:54 PM
I doubt Kinger wants to be a POS.

Von Kinger 2020

You know what they say, "want in one hand, shit in the other, and what you will have is a hand that looks to be covered in chocolate, but it isn't...."

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:13 PM
You know what they say, "want in one hand, shit in the other, and what you will have is a hand that looks to be covered in chocolate, but it isn't...."

Apt analogy, wanting a huge POS with stupid hair to not be a huge POS with stupid hair is just shitting in your hand.

dogfish
12-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Dog, do you bump the hip-hop in the morning on the way to your white-collar job in your Toyota forerunner? ��

sometimes, no, and no. . . don't you sass me, mr. mayor!

:laugh:

Tned
12-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Apt analogy, wanting a huge POS with stupid hair to not be a huge POS with stupid hair is just shitting in your hand.

Why you shitting all over King? I know his posts are a bit self important, but man oh man, you seem to have a hard on for him.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Why you shitting all over King? I know his posts are a bit self important, but man oh man, you seem to have a hard on for him.

Bite your tongue, I would vote for Kinger.

Poet
12-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Ok, I would say you Trumped me with that response, but you will have to work harder to make King great again...

You say that now, but you haven't lived up to it in many conversations/game day threads. You keep talking about taking the even keeled approach, but haven't practiced that.

What you said, is accurate. Young players do young things. Period. Whether that's TS, Dixon, Booker or whoever. As a general rule, the only thing they consistently due, is to perform in an inconsistent manner.

Beyond that, when you throw an injury in and see clear and immediate regression in an area like accuracy, and the stats associated with that, then you have to apply that self declared logic and put 2 and 2 together and not come up with something other than 4.

Sentence 1 - Lame.

Sentence 2 - I doubt most people would agree with that. We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

Yep. But you can't write off all mistakes as just youth. Young RB's fumble, but some RB's are fumblers. Most rookie QB's make a good amount of turnovers, but some guys are turnover machines. You have to look at it carefully while also not reaming them.

Eh. Sometimes you can be injured and just **** up. One contributor to the stimuli doesn't necessarily outweigh everything else. It's not all about absolutes.

Tned
12-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Sentence 1 - Lame.

Sentence 2 - I doubt most people would agree with that. We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

Yep. But you can't write off all mistakes as just youth. Young RB's fumble, but some RB's are fumblers. Most rookie QB's make a good amount of turnovers, but some guys are turnover machines. You have to look at it carefully while also not reaming them.

Eh. Sometimes you can be injured and just **** up. One contributor to the stimuli doesn't necessarily outweigh everything else. It's not all about absolutes.

No, it isn't about absolutes, but if you take TS and you look at his first 3.5 games, one of the things that was getting rave reviews was ball placement. In all but Cincy, the complaint of course that they were too short, but they were on target, hit the runner in stride, didn't hang his receiver out to dry, etc. Then, post injury, he was throwing low, behind receivers, etc.

His accuracy, by any objective measure, took a dramatic turn to the worse post injury.

Now, towards the end of the bye, Sanders talked about how with the two weeks off, Siemian's velocity was back. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or someone that knows what stimuli is) to conclude that there is a better than even chance that when the coach and beat reporters said that it was visible to them in practice that he couldn't properly turn his trunk, and that at the same time, there was a marked decrease in accuracy, that one can safely conclude that the drop in accuracy was most likely injury related and not some planet aligning coincidence.

Now, during those first 3.5 games, he had more than his fair share of balls thrown into defenders hands, most of which were clearly dumb throws (thought he could get the ball over a defender, locked onto a receiver and didn't see the defender, etc.). Those are mistakes and if a young QB doesn't clean them up, then they become a turnover machine, like Sanchez has been and Plummer was until he got to Kubiak.

It's important to at least be open enough to accept that there might be multiple things in play. A very low ceiling and lack of talent, as you claim, "could" be a factor, even if you pull it out of your ass, an injury could be a factor, which we know is a factor to some degree, inexperience could be a factor, and a propensity for bonehead plays could be a factor.

Anyone that thinks they can know which of those, or other factors, are the largest ones in play here after ten games is clueless or FOS.

Tned
12-07-2016, 10:57 PM

One suggestion on sentence 2, why don't you stop patting yourself on the back and talking about how logical and brilliant your posts are (so you don't risk a torn labrum or whatever) and just start doing all those things you say you do. Actions speak louder than claiming you take said actions. Just saying...

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 11:01 PM
King is a genius. Put some respek on his name.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Respek.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:09 PM
One suggestion on sentence 2, why don't you stop patting yourself on the back and talking about how logical and brilliant your posts are (so you don't risk a torn labrum or whatever) and just start doing all those things you say you do. Actions speak louder than claiming you take said actions. Just saying...

Why don't you stop making me the topic of your posts?

Here's a hint -- when you're the only person who thinks that someone isn't rational overall about something, and you can't pick up on satire, look inward.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:18 PM
No, it isn't about absolutes, but if you take TS and you look at his first 3.5 games, one of the things that was getting rave reviews was ball placement. In all but Cincy, the complaint of course that they were too short, but they were on target, hit the runner in stride, didn't hang his receiver out to dry, etc. Then, post injury, he was throwing low, behind receivers, etc.

His accuracy, by any objective measure, took a dramatic turn to the worse post injury.

Now, towards the end of the bye, Sanders talked about how with the two weeks off, Siemian's velocity was back. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or someone that knows what stimuli is) to conclude that there is a better than even chance that when the coach and beat reporters said that it was visible to them in practice that he couldn't properly turn his trunk, and that at the same time, there was a marked decrease in accuracy, that one can safely conclude that the drop in accuracy was most likely injury related and not some planet aligning coincidence.

Now, during those first 3.5 games, he had more than his fair share of balls thrown into defenders hands, most of which were clearly dumb throws (thought he could get the ball over a defender, locked onto a receiver and didn't see the defender, etc.). Those are mistakes and if a young QB doesn't clean them up, then they become a turnover machine, like Sanchez has been and Plummer was until he got to Kubiak.

It's important to at least be open enough to accept that there might be multiple things in play. A very low ceiling and lack of talent, as you claim, "could" be a factor, even if you pull it out of your ass, an injury could be a factor, which we know is a factor to some degree, inexperience could be a factor, and a propensity for bonehead plays could be a factor.

Anyone that thinks they can know which of those, or other factors, are the largest ones in play here after ten games is clueless or FOS.

His ball placement was getting rave reviews? For what? For being okay? I dont' recall too much national media raving about his ball placement. Look at his games after Carolina, those weren't worldbeaters. You act like they're world beaters.

His accuracy did get worse. I'm not sure why this is a point of contention because I never said it didn't. I'm simply saying that your analysis is this "bad line, injury, nothing is his fault.' And you know what, you actually never do blame him for anything. Which is bad analysis. It was to the point that you scolded people in gameday threads for being mean to the guy. Meanwhile, you try to take potshots at me with your little (or someone who does know what stimuli is) and then you get mad when people take an attitude with you.

How do you try to tell me, or anyone else about 'there might be multiple things in play' when you make the posts that you do? Because you only want to talk about the things in play that help your argument. You only want to talk about the line being bad, or him being hurt, or that crap. You don't want to talk about all those dropped picks two or three weeks ago. Or his questionable reads and pocket presence. You ignore everything that doesn't fit your argument. Meanwhile, if you read my gamedays posts, I don't.

So please keep trying to single me out. Keep trying to take a shot at me. You always fail. You don't get over on me, you don't come off as rational, you don't come off as informed, or intelligent, or smart. The same self-imposed satire I put towards myself literally could describe how you act. But you're too arrogant to even be that self-aware.

The fact that you get pissy with someone who repeatedly says "TS is doing fine," should be an indicator that you view him with orange and blue tinted glasses.

Now pay homage to the greatest poster of all ******* time, or get the **** off of my message board.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:18 PM

He finished or he done.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Why don't you stop making me the topic of your posts?

Here's a hint -- when you're the only person who thinks that someone isn't rational overall about something, and you can't pick up on satire, look inward.

Bloviating about oneself in every thread, isn't satire. Use one of your 10 King threads for that.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:23 PM

Very fine line between genius and insanity, and genius left town a long time ago from the looks of things...

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:25 PM
His accuracy did get worse. I'm not sure why this is a point of contention because I never said it didn't. I'm simply saying that your analysis is this "bad line, injury, nothing is his fault.'

Ok, college boy, help me out. When you spew total BS like, 'your analysis is this "bad line, injury, nothing is his fault,"' what type of logical fallacy is that? I always get them mixed up.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:27 PM
His ball placement was getting rave reviews? For what? For being okay? I dont' recall too much national media raving about his ball placement. Look at his games after Carolina, those weren't worldbeaters. You act like they're world beaters.

His accuracy did get worse. I'm not sure why this is a point of contention because I never said it didn't. I'm simply saying that your analysis is this "bad line, injury, nothing is his fault.' And you know what, you actually never do blame him for anything. Which is bad analysis. It was to the point that you scolded people in gameday threads for being mean to the guy. Meanwhile, you try to take potshots at me with your little (or someone who does know what stimuli is) and then you get mad when people take an attitude with you.

How do you try to tell me, or anyone else about 'there might be multiple things in play' when you make the posts that you do? Because you only want to talk about the things in play that help your argument. You only want to talk about the line being bad, or him being hurt, or that crap. You don't want to talk about all those dropped picks two or three weeks ago. Or his questionable reads and pocket presence. You ignore everything that doesn't fit your argument. Meanwhile, if you read my gamedays posts, I don't.

So please keep trying to single me out. Keep trying to take a shot at me. You always fail. You don't get over on me, you don't come off as rational, you don't come off as informed, or intelligent, or smart. The same self-imposed satire I put towards myself literally could describe how you act. But you're too arrogant to even be that self-aware.

The fact that you get pissy with someone who repeatedly says "TS is doing fine," should be an indicator that you view him with orange and blue tinted glasses.

Now pay homage to the greatest poster of all ******* time, or get the **** off of my message board.

As to the rest, tldr

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 11:28 PM

#respek
#styledon
#yashistrash

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:30 PM
#respek
#styledon
#yashistrash

You're man crush would make Lynch12 proud. I bow to both you and L12 for your true love and devotion.

dogfish
12-07-2016, 11:31 PM

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:32 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9866&stc=1

Pretty sure it all started with your smart ass comment that got a reaction and then shit, before we knew it...

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 11:33 PM
You're man crush would make Lynch12 proud. I bow to both you and L12 for your true love and devotion.

:tsk:

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:38 PM
Bloviating about oneself in every thread, isn't satire. Use one of your 10 King threads for that.

Most people here that are my friends would tell you that if you read most of my threads you would find plenty of self-doubt and questioning of one's path. Ask Slim, Joe, Hawg, Wave, Val, Davii, GEM, Mo, Dogfish, Pudge, Dapper Dan, Freya, NTL, Dreadnought, etc. etc. etc.

Let me make this clear for you -- the whole 'styledon' thing is a joke. It's a ******* joke. The whole hashtag shit is a joke. It's a ******* joke. You're the only one who doesn't ******* get it. So stop whining, stop making me the topic when you bitch about people breaking the rules all the time, stop being a homer, and stop ******* whining. You whine so god damn much it's incredible. You whine when people post P and R shit outside of P and R, but only if you don't like it. Then you lie about not seeing that content when it's in the same thread, a page back, from what you're bitching about. All you do is whine about me and report my posts. FFS, if I did the same thing to you you'd have been banned by now.

You don't 'win' when you go against me. I'm just the only person who will call you out on a bunch of shit that people already know to be true.

Then you get all pissed off when people respond to you the way you talk to them. It's because you're a soft ass dude. You can't take what you dish out. I have routinely left you alone only for you to keep poking the bear. I'm not sure what part of 'all you do is point to two or three things and give a QB you like a free and total pass' you don't get, but maybe you shouldn't lash out at the 'college boy' when you can't figure it out.

When you and I used to go at it about other topics only one of use actually used credible data and links. Only one of us actually challenged presuppositions and assumptions. You would either ignore the link, scream about bias (regardless of the source) and use a bunch of rhetoric to 'support' your arguments. Then, when you get called out on it you throw a bitch fest. You're in Europe all the time, right? Why don't you take some time off work and apply to get a free college education in Germany. They'll take you if your scores are good enough.

And ultimately, you aren't a dumb guy. You're just sensitive. I keep giving you chances, and you keep proving that you're not worth it. It's a fault of mine; I try to see the best in people.

Now that, that actually was a stern talking to. sometimes when you're the greatest poster of all time you gotta tell a old boy something about himself.

#styledon
#greatestposterofalltime
#getoffmymessageboard
#style
#don
#StyleDon
#KingofStyle
#StyleGod
#BetterBroncosfanthanTned
#yashistrash
#scepter

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:40 PM
#respek
#styledon
#yashistrash

The best part is that even though he started this, he'll report it. Or, after getting called out by me maybe he won't. IDK. Regardless,that's what happened when a peasant tries to step to a King.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:43 PM
:tsk:

Hey, I'm an angry, deplorable white guy with limited college education that's doing this while in a 10 way chat with website testers hopefully towards the end of an 18 or so hour day. So, you're going to have to give me a break, if I had a typo when admiring your crush. :dunno:

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:44 PM
The best part is that even though he started this, he'll report it. Or, after getting called out by me maybe he won't. IDK. Regardless,that's what happened when a peasant tries to step to a King.

Yea, I like how I only make things about you. King meet mirror, mirror meet the little king.

BroncoWave
12-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Most people here that are my friends would tell you that if you read most of my threads you would find plenty of self-doubt and questioning of one's path. Ask Slim, Joe, Hawg, Wave, Val, Davii, GEM, Mo, Dogfish, Pudge, Dapper Dan, Freya, NTL, Dreadnought, etc. etc. etc.

Let me make this clear for you -- the whole 'styledon' thing is a joke. It's a ******* joke. The whole hashtag shit is a joke. It's a ******* joke. You're the only one who doesn't ******* get it. So stop whining, stop making me the topic when you bitch about people breaking the rules all the time, stop being a homer, and stop ******* whining. You whine so god damn much it's incredible. You whine when people post P and R shit outside of P and R, but only if you don't like it. Then you lie about not seeing that content when it's in the same thread, a page back, from what you're bitching about. All you do is whine about me and report my posts. FFS, if I did the same thing to you you'd have been banned by now.

You don't 'win' when you go against me. I'm just the only person who will call you out on a bunch of shit that people already know to be true.

Then you get all pissed off when people respond to you the way you talk to them. It's because you're a soft ass dude. You can't take what you dish out. I have routinely left you alone only for you to keep poking the bear. I'm not sure what part of 'all you do is point to two or three things and give a QB you like a free and total pass' you don't get, but maybe you shouldn't lash out at the 'college boy' when you can't figure it out.

When you and I used to go at it about other topics only one of use actually used credible data and links. Only one of us actually challenged presuppositions and assumptions. You would either ignore the link, scream about bias (regardless of the source) and use a bunch of rhetoric to 'support' your arguments. Then, when you get called out on it you throw a bitch fest. You're in Europe all the time, right? Why don't you take some time off work and apply to get a free college education in Germany. They'll take you if your scores are good enough.

And ultimately, you aren't a dumb guy. You're just sensitive. I keep giving you chances, and you keep proving that you're not worth it. It's a fault of mine; I try to see the best in people.

Now that, that actually was a stern talking to. sometimes when you're the greatest poster of all time you gotta tell a old boy something about himself.

#styledon
#greatestposterofalltime
#getoffmymessageboard
#style
#don
#StyleDon
#KingofStyle
#StyleGod
#yashistrash
#scepter

I can't even handle all the hot truth you just spit!

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Hey, I'm an angry, deplorable white guy with limited college education that's doing this while in a 10 way chat with website testers hopefully towards the end of an 18 or so hour day. So, you're going to have to give me a break, if I had a typo when admiring your crush. :dunno:

No one thinks you're deplorable. If someone asked me to describe you, I'd say you're a decent man. I don't think you're a monster. I think you're wrong, I think you take potshots at me, and I think deep in your heart you know that I'm at least partially right.

You are angry though. Don't worry, I understand that well. It gets better. I don't hate you. I just want you to stop trying to take potshots at me. If you don't like my posts, scroll past. But if you send a shot I respond.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:46 PM

#postinggod

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Yea, I like how I only make things about you. King meet mirror, mirror meet the little king.

You get personal with people and then get mad. Stop being mad about it.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:48 PM

#styledon
#greatestposterofalltime
#getoffmymessageboard
#style
#don
#StyleDon
#KingofStyle
#StyleGod
#yashistrash
#scepter

Exhibit B.

King is awesome. check. King wins every debate. check. Shit, I lot my train of thought, what are the other great things about you and shitty things about me. Any chance you can create a cliff notes version, it's hard to keep track of them as you post them all over the place.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:52 PM
You get personal with people and then get mad. Stop being mad about it.

King, the day I get mad over a message board, I assure you, you will be the first, or second or who the heck knows what number, but you will know.

Message board = fun. Real life = real life. Playing with little guys like you and Lynch12 is how I relieve stress. Some people drink. Some people beat their wives. Some people go postal. I have fun with people on message boards with delusions of grandeur (not that that completely describes you, but I'm saying in general).

Once again, you give yourself way too much credit if you think anything you, or Lynch12 or anyone else on here does gets me angry.

I come to a message board, to discuss and debate. I find it boring when some on here get into kumbaya circle jerks. WTF is the point of a message board if everyone's going to agree.

So, I tell you what, if anything you do every makes me mad, I'll shoot you a message and let you know that I be upset.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Exhibit B.

King is awesome. check. King wins every debate. check. Shit, I lot my train of thought, what are the other great things about you and shitty things about me. Any chance you can create a cliff notes version, it's hard to keep track of them as you post them all over the place.

You still don't get it.

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:53 PM
King, the day I get mad over a message board, I assure you, you will be the first, or second or who the heck knows what number, but you will know.

Message board = fun. Real life = real life. Playing with little guys like you and Lynch12 is how I relieve stress. Some people drink. Some people beat their wives. Some people go postal. I have fun with people on message boards with delusions of grandeur (not that that completely describes you, but I'm saying in general).

Once again, you give yourself way too much credit if you think anything you, or Lynch12 or anyone else on here does gets me angry.

I come to a message board, to discuss and debate. I find it boring when some on here get into kumbaya circle jerks. WTF is the point of a message board if everyone's going to agree.

So, I tell you what, if anything you do every makes me mad, I'll shoot you a message and let you know that I be upset.

We've read your angry pissy tirades.... Embrace it. Be honest.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:56 PM
No one thinks you're deplorable. If someone asked me to describe you, I'd say you're a decent man. I don't think you're a monster. I think you're wrong, I think you take potshots at me, and I think deep in your heart you know that I'm at least partially right.

You are angry though. Don't worry, I understand that well. It gets better. I don't hate you. I just want you to stop trying to take potshots at me. If you don't like my posts, scroll past. But if you send a shot I respond.

Okie, dokie, I wish life's greatest problems were to take a message board as serious as you think I do, but anyway, thanks for the kind words of wisdomishness. :salute:

Poet
12-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Okie, dokie, I wish life's greatest problems were to take a message board as serious as you think I do, but anyway, thanks for the kind words of wisdomishness. :salute:

I wish life's greatest problem would be that, too.

Tned
12-07-2016, 11:58 PM
We've read your angry pissy tirades.... Embrace it. Be honest.

They are statements of fact, that only angry white and whitish boys, who are waiting for their voices to crack and who believe in participation trophies, find angry and offensive.

Trust me, when you get a little older, you will come to understand that having different viewpoints isn't so scary. Trust me, you will learn it's ok in time and will be ok with it.

Hopefully I'll still be alive and on BF to witness your growth and transformation. Odds are it will be before Lynch becomes a great QB, but that gives me too things to hope I someday see.

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:00 AM
They are statements of fact, that only angry white and whitish boys, who are waiting for their voices to crack and who believe in participation trophies, find angry and offensive.

Trust me, when you get a little older, you will come to understand that having different viewpoints isn't so scary. Trust me, you will learn it's ok in time and will be ok with it.

Hopefully I'll still be alive and on BF to witness your growth and transformation. Odds are it will be before Lynch becomes a great QB, but that gives me too things to hope I someday see.

This might be your most condescending old white man post yet. Good job!

Tned

Gem is going to be SO ******* pissed if she see's the cluster **** that is this thread.

Canmore
Well, that was entertaining.

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:01 AM
Gem is going to be SO ******* pissed if she see's the cluster **** that is this thread.

We ain't watch nothing GEM do, she sorry. Come at me, GEM!

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:01 AM
This might be your most condescending old white man post yet. Good job!

I try. Some nights, after half a bottle of wine, I stand in front of the mirror and try some of the lines out. I really work at it.

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:03 AM

See that, you project on people so much. I'm a man who pays my taxes and takes care of his family. I have a big ole deep voice and laugh at you trying to 'little boy' me. I don't have participation trophies, but the fact that you think that's an awesome argument means you have a low level of sophistication in regards to contemporary politics, which is also funny because that's politically relevant and you bitch when people do PR things that you don't like.

I'm a 'liberal' who loves Antonin Scalia and Edmund Burke. It's not about differing views -- it's about having a substantiated and articulated opinion.

#greatestposterever

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:04 AM

We should both be banned.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:06 AM

Yea, like a problem with the publisher and subscriber in our merge replication between US and UK, causing our IIS app pool to reset every 9 seconds. Turn off the publisher, no more app pool resets, but guess what, the two SQL DBs quickly start to diverge, prevents the logs from flushing, and results in an outdated publication, which at some point will require paying the piper. But, turn it back on and app pool crashes and site is unusable.

Yea, debate about TS and PL is a nice distraction, but that's it, it's a distraction to discuss my passion.

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Yea, like a problem with the publisher and subscriber in our merge replication between US and UK, causing our IIS app pool to reset every 9 seconds. Turn off the publisher, no more app pool resets, but guess what, the two SQL DBs quickly start to diverge, prevents the logs from flushing, and results in an outdated publication, which at some point will require paying the piper. But, turn it back on and app pool crashes and site is unusable.

Yea, debate about TS and PL is a nice distraction, but that's it, it's a distraction to discuss my passion.

I'm glad you have a passion.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:09 AM
We should both be banned.

Well there was this dipshit on Mania, that was here for a while, but recently dissapeared, Ranger, Raider, Ravage. That's it, Ravage, that went all hyperbolic and hyperballistic and all that stuff and drug me on a three day ban with him. On balance, I think you top him in all the neg rep worthy qualities. So, I have to say, you are probably right.

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Well there was this dipshit on Mania, that was here for a while, but recently dissapeared, Ranger, Raider, Ravage. That's it, Ravage, that went all hyperbolic and hyperballistic and all that stuff and drug me on a three day ban with him. On balance, I think you top him in all the neg rep worthy qualities. So, I have to say, you are probably right.

I didn't drag you to anything. I know this might shock you, but you often are the aggressor. It's okay. Oh, by the way, don't get all pissy. :lol:

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:13 AM
I'm glad you have a passion.

Ok, in the other window, I have a programmer describing how we are going to get past the replication issue (yes, I really do have a SQL server named Elway):

Programmer: What i'd like to try to do is run some tuning stuff on elway before trying to turn it back on
Programmer: microsoft does not have anything that automatically declutters replication table indexing
Programmer: so it's like a roomful of dirty clothes 3 feet deep, and asking it to find the shirt with the most mold
Programmer: because of the word 'most', you not only have to dig through the top layer and all the other colored shirts, you have to check every single item
Programmer: While it is doing that, someone else can't come along and pick things out of the half sorted pile
Programmer: or it would have to start over
Programmer: i want to go stack the shirts by degree of moldiness
Programmer: and by color
Programmer: and physically sort them into stacks
Programmer: so it'll finish it's query without timing out

You can see how you are a nice distraction.

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:14 AM
I miss Ravage. That big knucklehead was fun to kick around. :lol:

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:16 AM
I didn't drag you to anything. I know this might shock you, but you often are the aggressor. It's okay. Oh, by the way, don't get all pissy. :lol:

Let's be clear and this is important, so pay attention, I'm only the aggressor when I'm right and you deserve it. That make sense? :tsk:

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:17 AM

Yea, when he first migrated over here, he wasn't sure if it was going to be ok wtih me after our Mania rows. It's like, why the **** not, harmony is boring. I don't need no effing safe zone.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:25 AM
I never believed he was in the running for the job. I thought it was the standard "open competition" BS that you hear and that it was going to completely come down to whether or not Lynch was ready or they would go with Sanchez.

That's kinda how I felt. Then we hit the third preseason game and I was like "oh...wait, he's not that bad is he?"

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:27 AM

He's over on the main site still.

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Let's be clear and this is important, so pay attention, I'm only the aggressor when I'm right and you deserve it. That make sense? :tsk:

I think Nazi Germany made this argument.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:28 AM

That's one thing I miss about the official boards...I don't have neg powers over here... I did over there.... I liked anonymously negging people who were being insufferable turds.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:28 AM
That's kinda how I felt. Then we hit the third preseason game and I was like "oh...wait, he's not that bad is he?"

This past year my life has been so hectic, I barely followed any offseason other than the actual draft. Rarely posted or read on here until training camp, and then still just barely. A friend at work, who has been slowly coming to the orange side after he went to a game with me about four years ago when we were on a business trip in Denver, was following the offseason and training camp much more than me. He kept telling me from what he read, TS had a real shot. Then, the first two preseason games, while I had gamepass, I barely watched and was working during them. Then, for the third, I actually watched and paid attention, and was like, hey, there might be something here. Not sure I believe it, seventh rounder and all, but he doesn't look awful...

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:29 AM
He's over on the main site still.

Huh, interesting. Wonder what made him abandon this board.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:29 AM
I think Nazi Germany made this argument.

Don't know, I'm old, but not that old, and as a white deplorable, that book learning stuff isn't really something I good at.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:30 AM

Probably one of the many guys that can't stand me, that I upset, blah, blah... Hey, was that an eagle that just flew by!!!

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Probably one of the many guys that can't stand me, that I upset, blah, blah... Hey, was that an eagle that just flew by!!!

Maybe that board is his safe space.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:31 AM
That's one thing I miss about the official boards...I don't have neg powers over here... I did over there.... I liked anonymously negging people who were being insufferable turds.

I miss every once in a while taking a look at the moderator discussion threads on this forum. Those could be interesting, but alas, all of my powers have been stripped, and I'm just like a lowly little pawn or king.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:32 AM

Dunno, honestly I'm amazed he's over there an not here...This place is completely chill, over there is all wound tight and you have to behave perfectly or get the boot...

I would think these boards would fit his personality better.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:33 AM

Could be. He probably saw Tned written in chalk on the forum sidewalk and freaked out.

Is it a safe space or safe zone. I really am too old too fully grasp it.

Canmore
12-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I miss every once in a while taking a look at the moderator discussion threads on this forum. Those could be interesting, but alas, all of my powers have been stripped, and I'm just like a lowly little pawn or king.

It sucks being a minion.

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 12:35 AM

But hey, at least you still get to see all the GEM boob pics in the secret HOF forum.

Poet
12-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Don't know, I'm old, but not that old, and as a white deplorable, that book learning stuff isn't really something I good at.

Oh stop.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:36 AM
It sucks being a minion.

No shit. I can't tell when people are invisible. I can't see edits. No wonder I come off as angry and pissy!!!

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:36 AM
But hey, at least you still get to see all the GEM boob pics in the secret HOF forum.

Not anymore, the private stash is now off limits to me!!!!

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:37 AM
Oh stop.

Speaking of Germany, well going there, would be crossing into P&R. Never mind.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:39 AM

That's the problem with that board...It's a safe space for 5 year old children...If you are an adult and try to engage in any kind of conversation that gets even a little escalated, they put you in the time out corner and talk down to you like you are a child who did something wrong.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:42 AM
That's the problem with that board...It's a safe space for 5 year old children...If you are an adult and try to engage in any kind of conversation that gets even a little escalated, they put you in the time out corner and talk down to you like you are a child who did something wrong.

Well, that's why some malcontents wanted a new home and I said I could throw up a forum in an afternoon. Then, we said we wanted to land somewhere between Mania and the Mane in the scale of civility, rules, bannings, etc.

Now, look how far or not so far we've come, you post a dissenting opinion, even when 100% correct and you are pissy and angry... :tsk:

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Well, that's why some malcontents wanted a new home and I said I could throw up a forum in an afternoon. Then, we said we wanted to land somewhere between Mania and the Mane in the scale of civility, rules, bannings, etc.

Now, look how far or not so far we've come, you post a dissenting opinion, even when 100% correct and you are pissy and angry... :tsk:

I'd take this place over either of them... I've only been back for like a month, but this place is pretty much a perfect mix. And you are pissy and angry....

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:48 AM
I'd take this place over either of them... I've only been back for like a month, but this place is pretty much a perfect mix. And you are pissy and angry....

But, 100% correct, so that Trumps pissy and angry every day of the week.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 12:49 AM
But, 100% correct, so that Trumps pissy and angry every day of the week.

You can't say Trump....that's a taboo word now... :D

Tned
P.S. Anyone that has a poodle avatar on an NFL fan forum can't take things too seriously... ;)

Tned
And, clearly has really big balls.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:50 AM
You can't say Trump....that's a taboo word now... :D

Damn auto correct capitalized it, not sure why, I was just using the term Trumped.

Tned
12-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Damn auto correct capitalized it, not sure why, I was just using the term Trumped.

Shit, there goes the auto correct capitalization again.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 01:18 AM
Pissy and angry pretty much describes the POS on most days.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 01:20 AM

I'm sorry, what? I mean...what? What?

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 01:22 AM
I'm sorry, what? I mean...what? What?

I guess you'll just have to get voted into the HOF to find out. :D

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 01:37 AM

I loved the fact that the same people that built me up to Neg powers were the same people that got me banned, they love that you can pack a punch until they're the one taking it on the chin.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
I guess you'll just have to get voted into the HOF to find out. :D

HoF for what? I mean...what?

Tned
12-08-2016, 01:53 AM
I loved the fact that the same people that built me up to Neg powers were the same people that got me banned, they love that you can pack a punch until they're the one taking it on the chin.

I never gave a neg on mania.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 01:57 AM

I don't remember giving neg either, I think it happened just before Fagistor banned me.

Canmore
12-08-2016, 02:36 AM
I don't remember giving neg either, I think it happened just before Fagistor banned me.

Fagistor, that is a new one on me, but what a dick.

MOtorboat
12-08-2016, 05:06 AM
https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/806279619301163010

Tryouts meant nothing for this year.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 07:51 AM

Peanut's the New Alastor...

Tned
12-08-2016, 08:56 AM

I had the ability, just never used it. You know, all Spiderman and all, with great power comes great responsibility...

I think Alister was just a bit misunderstood. I chatted with him a few times, but he came on (or to power) after we split off.

Freyaka
12-08-2016, 09:00 AM
I had the ability, just never used it. You know, all Spiderman and all, with great power comes great responsibility...

I think Alister was just a bit misunderstood. I chatted with him a few times, but he came on (or to power) after we split off.

His issue is the same as with Peanut. I'm sure he is a super good guy in person...just overly strict and talks down to people.... Away from mod abilities I'm sure they are both nice people.

Tned
12-08-2016, 09:07 AM
His issue is the same as with Peanut. I'm sure he is a super good guy in person...just overly strict and talks down to people.... Away from mod abilities I'm sure they are both nice people.

I haven't spent enough time on there in recent years, so I'm really out of touch. Also, as my mother used to tell me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all -- unless it's about MO or King, and then it's ok..." So, I'll take your (correct spelling BTB) word for it...

Lynch12
12-08-2016, 09:17 AM

#dropsthemic

Davii
12-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Well that was (not) fun to read through.

So, here's a thought guys, not to invade on anyone's safe space, but this is a thread in Bronco's Talk. If we can't talk about Paxton Lynch as the thread was intended can we at least talk about the Broncos and not each other?

It sure would be a welcome change.

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 10:20 AM
HoF for what? I mean...what?

You know, that big old thread I make at the beginning of each year for the Broncos Forums HoF?

Tned
12-08-2016, 10:38 AM

So, here's a thought guys, not to invade on anyone's safe space, but this is a thread in Bronco's Talk. If we can't talk about Paxton Lynch as the thread was intended can we at least talk about the Broncos and not each other?

Sorry. :whoknows:

Hawgdriver
12-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Don't listen to him, guys. I don't think there was a clear winner. You guys need to double down and bring out the big guns to settle this.

:lol:

BroncoWave
12-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Don't listen to him, guys. I don't think there was a clear winner. You guys need to double down and bring out the big guns to settle this.

I think the only way to settle this is either a rap battle or a dance-off.

Hawgdriver
12-08-2016, 11:08 AM

I'd start a kickstarter for the Tned v. Von Kinger rap battle. Despite Tned's get-off-my-lawn stylings, I bet he could crush a rap battle if he put his back into it. Idk if he could defeat King...but damn if I wouldn't love to see both their best efforts in this format!

Tned
12-08-2016, 11:19 AM

I think this needs to be moved to another thread (see, I'm learning), but then we need to have something fair. I'm old, rap and dance-off's isn't a fair competition. How about some IPDA timed shooting runs?

Tned
12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
I'd start a kickstarter for the Tned v. Von Kinger rap battle. Despite Tned's get-off-my-lawn stylings, I bet he could crush a rap battle if he put his back into it. Idk if he could defeat King...but damn if I wouldn't love to see both their best efforts in this format!

I take exception to that. I never tell kids to get off my lawn. I don't have to, I just moved to a place with no irritating little brats!

I Eat Staples
12-08-2016, 04:20 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think more than 1% of football fans have played organized sports.

I Eat Staples
12-08-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think more than 1% of football fans have played organized sports.

Came here just to post this, but found a nice way to pass some time at work.

Thanks guys!

Simple Jaded
12-08-2016, 08:48 PM
You know, that big old thread I make at the beginning of each year for the Broncos Forums HoF?

Her boobs are in there?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-08-2016, 10:04 PM

I pop in their once every 3 months and neg someone. 😊

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-08-2016, 11:26 PM
I know you guys were expecting gem to pop in here to set things straight so I'll do a little impersonation.

"Hey! ***** **** *****, you guys, ***** **** **** *****, *****ok!?"

"****"

slim
12-09-2016, 08:29 AM
I know you guys were expecting gem to pop in here to set things straight so I'll do a little impersonation.

"Hey! ***** **** *****, you guys, ***** **** **** *****, *****ok!?"

"****"

You had your shirt off when you posted that, didn't you

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 09:56 AM
I pop in their once every 3 months and neg someone. ��

I don't post there, but I still lurk in the shadows to handout negs and CP every now and then.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2016, 07:15 PM
I don't post there, but I still lurk in the shadows to handout negs and CP every now and then.

Im still fond of a few people over there. I didn't leave because I was annoyed with anyone. Things just changed for me. When I became a mod it took a lot of the fun out of the site for me. Then I started posting a lot less frequently when I stepped away due to a job change. It seemed as though after some time I just didn't recognize 70% of the posters so I decided to post more where I knew most of the people. I'm not going to say I like the people here; they're just familiar. 😆

Freyaka
12-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Im still fond of a few people over there. I didn't leave because I was annoyed with anyone. Things just changed for me. When I became a mod it took a lot of the fun out of the site for me. Then I started posting a lot less frequently when I stepped away due to a job change. It seemed as though after some time I just didn't recognize 70% of the posters so I decided to post more where I knew most of the people. I'm not going to say I like the people here; they're just familiar. ��

I've decided that I will still post in the entertainment section because there are a few in that section I enjoy (DJBirdman, Denverblood, Jermz) but overall, everyone I enjoy talking to is either here or on facebook.

MOtorboat
12-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Start the rookie against Oakland.

spikerman
12-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Good. Rub it in.

Davii

Not just Paxton, start all the rookies. Why not?

spikerman
This team deserves it.

MOtorboat
Not just Paxton, start all the rookies. Why not?

Absolutely.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2016, 12:00 AM

We might as well. I almost want Oakland to win just because I don't want KC to get a bye after the way this game ended .

chazoe60
12-26-2016, 12:06 AM
We might as well. I almost want Oakland to win just because I don't want KC to get a bye after the way this game ended .

I didn't watch the end of the game, what happened?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2016, 12:08 AM
I didn't watch the end of the game, what happened?

Poe came in to take a direct snap at the goal line up by 17 points with a minute to go. He threw a jump pass for a TD and a rather lengthy TD celebration ensued garnering an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

chazoe60
12-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Poe came in to take a direct snap at the goal line up by 17 points with a minute to go. He threw a jump pass for a TD and a rather lengthy TD celebration ensued garnering an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Good for them, I hope their SuperBowl rings didn't get in the way of the celebration..........Oh yeah, that's right.

Traveler
12-26-2016, 12:36 AM

Fitting end to the game. Can't get mad because of Poe. Don't want crap like that to happen, its on them to stop it. Wonder if Kubiak will be stubborn as usual and start Siemien again? We all know Denver didn't deserve to be in the playoff having played so poorly the last month and a half. Elway has a lot if work to do this off-season.

spikerman
12-26-2016, 08:43 AM
I was on the fence about Siemian until last night. It isn't that he did anything that much worse than usual, it's just that he hasn't really improved. I'm ready to see what the kid's got or at least get him some game experience heading into next year.

spikerman
12-26-2016, 08:45 AM
It makes total sense to start Lynch next week so of course Siemian will be in there.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2016, 10:03 AM
It makes total sense to start Lynch next week so of course Siemian will be in there.

They won't play lynch..... It would sabotage his trade value!!!

spikerman
12-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Speaking of trades I think I would approach the Cowboys in the offseason with a proposed trade for La'el Collins. I would offer either Roby or Ray. After watching Roby's lack of effort last night after a generally down year I think he could go. The Cowboys would probably want Ray, though. That would be a more difficult decision but you have to give something to get something.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Speaking of trades I think I would approach the Cowboys in the offseason with a proposed trade for La'el Collins. I would offer either Roby or Ray. After watching Roby's lack of effort last night after a generally down year I think he could go. The Cowboys would probably want Ray, though. That would be a more difficult decision but you have to give something to get something.

I would give them syph

spikerman
12-26-2016, 10:12 AM
I would give them syph

Yeah you would.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Im not sure Collins is worthy of that kind of trade clout, I wouldn't make that trade. I wouldnt weaken this defense for any player. There are two OT's on the open market that have the ability of Collins, and we've really only seen Collins for one season.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Does anybody know how Collins graded out in PFF? PFF is not much but it is more than we get on our own.

spikerman
12-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Im not sure Collins is worthy of that kind of trade clout, I wouldn't make that trade. I wouldnt weaken this defense for any player. There are two OT's on the open market that have the ability of Collins, and we've really only seen Collins for one season.

I would shoot higher, but I don't think the Cowboys would part with someone like Travis Frederick.

Slick
12-26-2016, 11:56 AM
You can't trade Shane Ray. Demarcus Ware is done. He hasn't made a meaningful difference in a game all season. His 10 million needs to go to the offensive or defensive line. Ray was drafted to replace him.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 12:00 PM
I would shoot higher, but I don't think the Cowboys would part with someone like Travis Frederick.

True, but Joe Thomas can be had and if we have to give something to get something I would start with the starting WR's. Even if there's a major shake up and the entire staff is replaced with a Jim Bob Cooter I would move the WR's first. They're the only chips I would consider, I just don't mess with this defense. One WR and Shaq Barrett for Thomas, is that reasonable? Dead money is the issue here.

Unless you could get Randy Gregory included and sober but that dude loves him some hippie lettuce and probably shouldn't be living in Colorado or Washington.

Collins, sober Gregory and David Irving and I might take the offer for Ray.

spikerman
12-26-2016, 12:11 PM
True, but Joe Thomas can be had and if we have to give something to get something I would start with the starting WR's. Even if there's a major shake up and the entire staff is replaced with a Jim Bob Cooter I would move the WR's first. They're the only chips I would consider, I just don't mess with this defense. One WR and Shaq Barrett for Thomas, is that reasonable? Dead money is the issue here.

Unless you could get Randy Gregory included and sober but that dude loves him some hippie lettuce and probably shouldn't be living in Colorado or Washington.
Joe Thomas' age scares me, but I would be willing to move DT. I look to the. Cowboys because they're desperate for pass rushers and have an abundance of young, good offensive linemen.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Joe Thomas' age scares me, but I would be willing to move DT. I look to the. Cowboys because they're desperate for pass rushers and have an abundance of young, good offensive linemen.

Trade them Ware lol

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 12:16 PM

I look to Dallas too, I'd trade all 11 offensive starters for two of their lineman, I'm not even kidding. They might have to throw in their OL coach though.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Cowballs coaches, I think Scott Linehan gets another shot at a HC after his job with rookie QB/RB this season. From the Parcells and Sean Payton coaching tree, iirc.

underrated29
12-26-2016, 12:38 PM

Joe should be able to be had for a 3rd. We have 3 of them. So I doubt the browns will do it but if so we turned brock into Joe T. THats a win all day erry day

Simple Jaded
12-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Joe should be able to be had for a 3rd. We have 3 of them. So I doubt the browns will do it but if so we turned brock into Joe T. THats a win all day erry day

I think a 3rd fair, honestly, due to his age.

Btw, you spelled Brent's name wrong, after everything he's done for you. Smh

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2016, 01:23 PM

Gregory is going to be out of the NFL in 3 years. You'd have to be a damn fool to trade anything for that bum.

Cugel
12-26-2016, 02:21 PM

That trade isn't going to happen, so it's a pointless exercise to shoot it down, but you did successfully shoot it down.

The problem with FA LTs is that they normally command a BIG signing bonus and salary. For instance Russell Okung is due $11M in 2017 and he's not remotely an elite LT. The Broncos could try and re-negotiate that contract since it's not guaranteed, but he's going to be over-paid somewhere in 2017 cause $6-7 million is about the going rate for a mediocre FA LT.

No, Elway screwed the pooch hard when he turned down the Browns offer of Joe Thomas in exchange for a 1st round draft pick (Paxton Lynch it turned out). They could have drafted Dak Prescott in the 3rd and had Joe Thomas, in which case Denver would have crushed the Chiefs twice, backhanded the Titans, and would be preparing to defend their SB title right now with a first round bye, instead of making travel plans for Aruba in January.

Poet
12-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Elway didn't screw the pooch. No one had any idea Dak would be this good -nor do we know if he's more a product of his environment- and no one knew when he would be drafted, either. That DUI tanked his stock.

I know that everyone seems to be down on the guy, but Lynch is a marvelous prospect. Everyone says that he's been shit -strange that TS, a second year player with no expectations and all the reps get all the passes in the world- but he came in really raw.

Playing hindsight is shit.

Northman
12-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Elway didn't screw the pooch. No one had any idea Dak would be this good -nor do we know if he's more a product of his environment- and no one knew when he would be drafted, either. That DUI tanked his stock.

I know that everyone seems to be down on the guy, but Lynch is a marvelous prospect. Everyone says that he's been shit -strange that TS, a second year player with no expectations and all the reps get all the passes in the world- but he came in really raw.

Meh, most people who were trashing Siemian were glorifying Lynch when in actuality both have not played all that great at times. I still think that Denver needs to move on to Lynch next year because he was drafted for the future but no matter what the Oline and playcalling has to improve drastically for either to succeed.

Cugel
12-26-2016, 02:38 PM

I was mixing metaphors. At the time of the failed Joe Thomas trade, the Broncos didn't need their #1 pick because Brock Osweiler was their QB of the future, and Elway didn't anticipate that Osweiler would get an insane offer from Texas and bolt. So, knowing what he knew then - that his OL was hot garbage, he should have done the deal for Joe Thomas.

And in hindsight, since the crap OL tanked his chances for a repeat of SB glory, he REALLY should have done the Joe Thomas deal.

As for Paxton Lynch, he's looked pretty bad in limited appearances so far. That does NOT mean he's a bust. Some fans probably wanted to get rid of Peyton Manning as a "bust" after his first crappy season.

But, we don't know that either Lynch or Siemian has any real future in the NFL. Some NFL experts insist that Siemian is just a journeyman nobody, and that Lynch is another Brian Griese.

Who knows at this point? By the end of next season we should know more.

Poet
12-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Meh, most people who were trashing Siemian were glorifying Lynch when in actuality both have not played all that great at times. I still think that Denver needs to move on to Lynch next year because he was drafted for the future but no matter what the Oline and playcalling has to improve drastically for either to succeed.

I won't tell you what you saw. I saw people calling for Lynch to start for a variety of reasons. A lot of people thought TS just sucked intrinsically and he was doomed to fail. A lot of people thought the season was going to be a wash, so you might as well let the QBOTF start. A lot of people thought the difference in play would be minor, so start Lynch. I did see some huge Lynch homers as well.

The surrounding offensive support does need to improve. That I do agree with.

I still don't think Elway ****** up by not making that trade. Presume Thomas is a Bronco. Presume Thomas plays well. It's not just the LT getting monumentally destroyed. You now mortgage part of the future for a partial fix.

Northman
12-26-2016, 03:06 PM
I won't tell you what you saw. I saw people calling for Lynch to start for a variety of reasons. A lot of people thought TS just sucked intrinsically and he was doomed to fail. A lot of people thought the season was going to be a wash, so you might as well let the QBOTF start. A lot of people thought the difference in play would be minor, so start Lynch. I did see some huge Lynch homers as well.

The surrounding offensive support does need to improve. That I do agree with.

I still don't think Elway ****** up by not making that trade. Presume Thomas is a Bronco. Presume Thomas plays well. It's not just the LT getting monumentally destroyed. You now mortgage part of the future for a partial fix.

Well,

i said it before that had Denver not started the season 4-0 or 5-0 than i could of seen the team moving to Lynch the rest of the year. But because Denver spent most of the year still vying for a playoff spot i didnt think it would sent a good message to the team to remove Siemian at that time. The players seemed to be behind him so the last thing you want to do is create a lockerroom issue.

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:09 PM
I feel you.

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Hey North, want to help me out with a decision?

Northman
12-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Hey North, want to help me out with a decision?

I can try. Shoot

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:24 PM
I can try. Shoot

Which Elway jersey am I saving up for?

Davii
12-26-2016, 03:28 PM

The one with a "7" on the back.

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:29 PM
The one with a "7" on the back.

Northman
12-26-2016, 03:30 PM

Good question.

I personally own 2, one is the dark blue with orange side strip. The other is a rare pro bowl jersey from like 94' i think. Where are you buying from?

underrated29
12-26-2016, 03:33 PM

Yep, I was buying into the Dak hype Until I watched the few primetime games for the cowgirls and a couple others. Dak is not that good. Guy has at least 5-7 seconds on each throw and he still misses them half the time. I still think he may be what I thought he was. A looooooooooong project. He gets to move up though based on his Run game and OL and the defense that is playing really really well in dallas.

However, I said it when we drafted him and still think it. Lynch is a project too. Just not as looooong as Dak. And I also saw a lot from Lynch in the last game he started that leads me to believe he may infact be good. (When I scouted him I did not think so).

I like Trevor, but I am hoping Lynch starts this last game.

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Good question.

I personally own 2, one is the dark blue with orange side strip. The other is a rare pro bowl jersey from like 94' i think. Where are you buying from?

Denver Broncos shop. That way I can click the link from here and support the site. It' show I got my Von Miller jersey.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Denver Broncos shop. That way I can click the link from here and support the site. It' show I got my Von Miller jersey.

Throw back white. Pre 97.

I'm saving for it right now.

Poet
12-26-2016, 03:42 PM

That is an option. I've never owned a mostly orange jersey before. It is enticing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2016, 03:42 PM

Winner

Freyaka
12-26-2016, 03:49 PM
I was mixing metaphors. At the time of the failed Joe Thomas trade, the Broncos didn't need their #1 pick because Brock Osweiler was their QB of the future, and Elway didn't anticipate that Osweiler would get an insane offer from Texas and bolt. So, knowing what he knew then - that his OL was hot garbage, he should have done the deal for Joe Thomas.

And in hindsight, since the crap OL tanked his chances for a repeat of SB glory, he REALLY should have done the Joe Thomas deal.

As for Paxton Lynch, he's looked pretty bad in limited appearances so far. That does NOT mean he's a bust. Some fans probably wanted to get rid of Peyton Manning as a "bust" after his first crappy season.

But, we don't know that either Lynch or Siemian has any real future in the NFL. Some NFL experts insist that Siemian is just a journeyman nobody, and that Lynch is another Brian Griese.

Who knows at this point? By the end of next season we should know more.

I've seen very few call him a bust, I call him Tebow-lite because at this stage in his development that's what he reminds me of.

I am critical of lynch, but I think with another year or two of development he'll be ready to start for us (or another team) he's just too raw right now.

NightTerror218
12-26-2016, 03:58 PM
NFL art8cle says kubiak may start lynch against raiders

NightTerror218
12-26-2016, 04:00 PM
I've seen very few call him a bust, I call him Tebow-lite because at this stage in his development that's what he reminds me of.

I am critical of lynch, but I think with another year or two of development he'll be ready to start for us (or another team) he's just too raw right now.

Lynchbis nithing like tebow. Our boards were flooded with his fans when he was here. He had a ridiculous following.