PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 13 (Jaguars week)

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 11:12 AM
We get to see our old friend Malik Jackson this week. Hopefully we won't see too much of him ...

Anyway, TV maps are up for the week:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=13

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos QB Trevor Siemian not practicing today. Dealing with foot injury. #9sports

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

#Broncos LS Casey Kreiter, FB Andy Janovich aren't practicing. Jano's injury isn't related to hand. Russell Okung, Matt Paradis rest days.

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian has a foot sprain (not ankle). Suffered injury in OT. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 13m13 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak will address Trevor Siemian sprained foot injury with press after practice today. #9sports

BroncoWave
11-30-2016, 02:59 PM
Maybe this is a hot take, but if Siemian is injured again, even if it's minor, this might be another good chance to just let him heal for a week and give Lynch another start. It's against a very weak team that we should beat even with a backup, and it gives us a chance to see if Lynch has made any strides since his last start. Siemian would still be the guy, but this would be a good chance both to let him heal and give Lynch some more experience.

NightTerror218
11-30-2016, 02:59 PM
If siemian is going to miss a game i prefer it this week.

BroncoWave
11-30-2016, 03:02 PM
If siemian is going to miss a game i prefer it this week.

Yep, just take your chances that you can beat the Jags with a backup then have your starter back fully healthy and ready to go for the last 4 games.

Tned
11-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Janovich on injured reserve.

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Yep, just take your chances that you can beat the Jags with a backup then have your starter back fully healthy and ready to go for the last 4 games.

If there's any week I would advocate for that, this would be it.

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Kubiak: Andy Janovich had ankle surgery and will be placed on injured reserve.

Kubiak: Siemian has a foot sprain. He's wearing a boot. Will be "day-to-day."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said Trevor Siemian's foot swelled up after the game. Has been wearing a boot since yesterday.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Kubiak said Siemian was hurt in OT vs. Chiefs. Believes it was on first possession of OT.

Kubiak, on whether Siemian could practice this week: "We'll see."

Kubiak: "Trevor can play without practice."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 8m8 minutes ago

Andy Janovich was injured on 1st play of game. Played rest of game. Got rolled up, struggled through the game. Juwan Thompson will be FB.

Kubiak said Juwan Thompson, Virgil Green and A.J. Derby could all be part of the plan for replacing Janovich.

Kubiak: Paxton Lynch "has been doing good," & team has extended practices to get him & other young players extra work.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: Jaguars are "an extremely talented team across the board ... six games they've lost by [one] score."

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 03:47 PM

Kubiak says he will still play both Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo this week.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Dennison: Janovich "had progressed and was doing some good things ... he's a tough guy ... not much we can do about it."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Rick Dennison @1043TheFan "we're comfortable [with Lynch]. We'll put him in the right situation if he's the guy."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Dennison: Jaguars "have a lot of talent up front ... and their (line)backers can run."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Dennison: Donald Stephenson "did some good things and corrected some things ... obviously we need to take some steps forward."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Dennison, on Sambrailo: "We just keep coaching him ... he's a talented guy. He has his spurts of good things," just needs more consistency.

Mike
11-30-2016, 04:20 PM

Kubiak says he will still play both Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo this week.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Dennison, on Sambrailo: "We just keep coaching him ... he's a talented guy. He has his spurts of good things," just needs more consistency.

This is the kind of thing that just pisses me off. Sambraillo should never see the field again (outside of being the last man standing).

Any news on Norwood? That guy should have been on the unemployment line Monday morning...I guess we should just assume that Kubiak will keep trotting him out there.

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 30m30 minutes ago

Kubiak said Broncos trainers felt it would be best if Siemian wore a boot on his foot "for a few days."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Siemian: the foot is "a little sore today ... nothing too crazy."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 29m29 minutes ago

Siemian: "I think if I can play, there won't be any limitations on what I can do."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 28m28 minutes ago

Siemian: the foot "felt kind of funny" after he was injured ... "wasn't too painful."

Siemian says Paxton Lynch has been coming along "really well" ... "exciting to see how much he's grown ... has been doing a good job."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago

#Broncos Trevor Siemian "I think I'd be fine [playing without practicing]." @1043TheFan

Siemian says his left shoulder is no longer a concern.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 27m27 minutes ago

Siemian: "All of our focus is on Jacksonville. I'm not the only one dealing with a ding."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 26m26 minutes ago

Siemian's injury is to his left foot. Rght-handed QBs (like Siemian) obviously must step forward and put a lot of weight on that foot.

VonDoom
11-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

#broncos Paxton Lynch said is making progress. Has benefited from going vs #Broncos D "I didn't play well in first chance." @DenverChannel

dogfish
11-30-2016, 11:28 PM

:frusty::frusty:

good lord, why?? the guy got justin houston halfway to the pro bowl in a quarter and change, and basically did everything he could to singlehandedly kill drives, so naturally we're going to run him out there again? makes great sense to me! i mean, i know i don't know anything, but damn. . . am i trippin', or did we actually start to play some ball on O once stephenson stemmed the bleeding a little? sambrailo was also an unmitigated disaster against vic beasley, who went batshit insane all over our offense as well. . .

i'm going to cross my fingers and hope that gary is only going to use him as a sixth OL in big formations, or for a series if they think stephenson needs a breather in the humidity. . . if they plan to put him at RT for any extended stretch, i hope to hell he doesn't short-arm us to a loss with a couple of strip sacks or tipped balls given up because he straight whiffs on blocking an edge rusher. . . the way we've been playing, we really can't take any team lightly, and think we're going to have some huge margin for error. . .

underrated29
12-01-2016, 12:57 AM

good lord, why?? the guy got justin houston halfway to the pro bowl in a quarter and change, and basically did everything he could to singlehandedly kill drives, so naturally we're going to run him out there again? makes great sense to me! i mean, i know i don't know anything, but damn. . . am i trippin', or did we actually start to play some ball on O once stephenson stemmed the bleeding a little? sambrailo was also an unmitigated disaster against vic beasley, who went batshit insane all over our offense as well. . .

i'm going to cross my fingers and hope that gary is only going to use him as a sixth OL in big formations, or for a series if they think stephenson needs a breather in the humidity. . . if they plan to put him at RT for any extended stretch, i hope to hell he doesn't short-arm us to a loss with a couple of strip sacks or tipped balls given up because he straight whiffs on blocking an edge rusher. . . the way we've been playing, we really can't take any team lightly, and think we're going to have some huge margin for error. . .

They need to try him at LG. That or maybe trade him in the offseason to....to.......to the Seahawks for the rights to marhsawn lynch....I'm only have kidding

Tned
12-01-2016, 08:42 AM

I know, but the flipside is that Stephenson looked nearly as bad and did just as much for Cameron Jordan's (is that correct) Pro Bowl chances against New Orleans. I think on balance, Sambrailo was a little worse, especially with the Trex move, but only slightly worse.

I think that's the reason they are taking this ridiculous hot hand approach.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Kubiak: "Trevor can play without practice."

Translation: "we really have no faith in anything behind him so he's going to have to be good to go even without practice"

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 10:27 AM
This is the kind of thing that just pisses me off. Sambraillo should never see the field again (outside of being the last man standing).

Any news on Norwood? That guy should have been on the unemployment line Monday morning...I guess we should just assume that Kubiak will keep trotting him out there.

I think Norwood has dirt on someone...that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Why do they keep trotting Sambo out at RT if he wants to play patty-cake with the DE?

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Man...Malik Jackson sounds like a scorned ex-lover that's mad because you moved on without them even though they are already with someone else too...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Man...Malik Jackson sounds like a scorned ex-lover that's mad because you moved on without them even though they are already with someone else too...
Are you basing this off recent comments he's made, or something from the offseason?

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Are you basing this off recent comments he's made, or something from the offseason?

Comments from this week. Let me dig em up real quick.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Malik-Jackson-on-Broncos-Now-you-have-to-deal-with-me-49426560

"I'm worth more than what they offered me and they shouldn't have let me go. I'm a problem and now you got to deal wth me" Malik Jackson

Mike
12-01-2016, 01:12 PM

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Malik-Jackson-on-Broncos-Now-you-have-to-deal-with-me-49426560

He's just mad because he is playing for a loser team. Unfortunately for us, he is going up against one of the worst olines that I have ever seen...so he may have a career day.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
He's just mad because he is playing for a loser team. Unfortunately for us, he is going up against one of the worst olines that I have ever seen...so he may have a career day.

Sad thing is, if he'd have stuck around we'd probably have 8-9 wins right now because we'd still be able to shut the run down and get inside pressure

NightTerror218
12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Sad thing is, if he'd have stuck around we'd probably have 8-9 wins right now because we'd still be able to shut the run down and get inside pressure

Malik is good for a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

He knows he overpriced himself to remain......if he wanted too.

VonDoom
12-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

No Trevor Siemian for a second consecutive day at Broncos practice

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago

Kubiak said Siemian would be in the boot "for a few days." Day 1 was Tuesday. Lynch and Davis sharing the practice reps.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 36m36 minutes ago

Matt Paradis, Bennie Fowler not practicing. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34m34 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala

No surprise here. Arrow starting to tilt slightly in Paxton Lynch's direction it would appear. @DenverChannel #Broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 32m32 minutes ago

Austin Davis getting a lot more reps this week, too. He'd likely be active for second time this season if Siemian is unable to play.

VonDoom
12-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 22m22 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler has a knee injury, day-to-day. Fowler, Casey Kreiter, Trevor Siemian, Matt Paradis didn't practice. Siemian did nothing today.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago

Siemian still wearing boot. Will see if he can go tomorrow. Would need to wear footing, shoe protection if he played. Being suited for it.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak said Paxton Lynch more comfortable, coming along better than last time he played vs. ATL.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 18m18 minutes ago

Kubiak said WR Marlon Brown is ready to play

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 20m20 minutes ago

Andy Janovich expected to go on IR at end of week. Kubiak unsure of corresponding roster move.

VonDoom
12-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 16m16 minutes ago

DeCamillis on McManus' 62-yard attempt: "That's a head coach's decision and I felt like Kubes made the right decision."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Joe DeCamillis: stand-up man. Candid & forthright about special teams' bad night. Said it was worst of his career; didn't sleep that night.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 17m17 minutes ago

DeCamillis said they are evaluating returners. Stressed that they can't have ball security being a problem.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 04:00 PM
DeCamillis said they are evaluating returners. Stressed that they can't have ball security being a problem.

Why the heck is this just finally happening? This should have happened many, many games ago as we've already seen on multiple occasions that Norwood cannot and should not be trusted.

VonDoom
12-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

@Broncos Phillips said D didn't play prevent defense. "We played all calls normally play. We played our third down defense" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips @Millerlite40 deserving Defensive Player of Year candidate.Praised ability to do things in run game, coverage

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos Wade Phillips "Paxton certainly has talent" praised his arm strength and athleticism @1043TheFan

VonDoom
12-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 43m43 minutes ago

#Broncos DeMarcus Ware "All 11 guys need to play 60 minutes, we talked about it in the meetings" @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 42m42 minutes ago

#Broncos DeMarcus Ware "We don't put the rookie tag on Paxton anymore." @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Von Miller "you can put must win on every game" @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 32m32 minutes ago

#Broncos Von Miller "If Paxton has to go, then we feel 100 percent comfortable" @1043TheFan

Canmore
12-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Amen!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2016, 05:20 PM

Better than Wolfe? 😂

pnbronco
12-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Better than Wolfe? ��

I could be wrong but I think they offered that contract to Malik first and then when he turned it down they gave it to Wolfe. I just saw body language during that time that gave me that impression...so I'm probably wrong....:D We had money problems and everyone was not going to get paid what they wanted...that's life.

turftoad
12-01-2016, 05:59 PM
I could be wrong but I think they offered that contract to Malik first and then when he turned it down they gave it to Wolfe. I just saw body language during that time that gave me that impression...so I'm probably wrong....:D We had money problems and everyone was not going to get paid what they wanted...that's life.

Malik Jackson: Going to Jaguars brought me back to Earth:

“It’s definitely tough, especially coming from Denver, being spoiled with the playoffs every year and a first-round bye,” Jackson said, via the Denver Post. “It’s kind of sobering because you realize every team isn’t winning 12 games a year. It brought me back down to Earth.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/01/malik-jackson-going-to-jaguars-brought-me-back-to-earth/

Simple Jaded
12-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Andy Janovich expected to go on IR at end of week. Kubiak unsure of corresponding roster move.

I bet it's another scrub WR.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Malik Jackson: Going to Jaguars brought me back to Earth:

“It’s definitely tough, especially coming from Denver, being spoiled with the playoffs every year and a first-round bye,” Jackson said, via the Denver Post. “It’s kind of sobering because you realize every team isn’t winning 12 games a year. It brought me back down to Earth.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/01/malik-jackson-going-to-jaguars-brought-me-back-to-earth/

Makes you wonder how Julius Thomas feels. He could've taken a little less $ than the jags paid him and been wearing a ring right now. Now he's stuck in football hell with no chance to even see the layoffs. He's about to get another new HC too. Khan is gonna fire Bradley's ass at the end of the season. Bortles has regressed big time and they're losing faith in him. Looks like they get to start all over again next year. Hope it was worth it for the money they made.

Davii
12-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Hope it was worth it for the money they made.

It was.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Julius Thomas doubtful for Sunday, what a surprise:

Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@Jaguars 58m58 minutes ago

Injury Update:

R. Greene Sr., C. Ivory, A. Hurns and J. Odrick all ruled OUT for Sunday.

J. Thomas is listed as DOUBTFUL

dogfish
12-02-2016, 12:30 PM
J. Thomas is listed as DOUBTFUL

is that how they spell "scared" in j-ville?

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian not practicing. Looking likely that Paxton Lynch will make his 2nd career start for #Broncos v. Jags.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler back practicing after missing 2 w/ knee. He said he'd be good for Sun. Will be interesting to see which 5/6 of 7 WRs are up.

Davii
12-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Conspiracy theory: I'm certain Trevor is hurt, but any chance Kube's is "ok" with him healing up to see Lynch on the field?

Northman
12-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Apparently according to Klis Paxton is starting Sunday.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Conspiracy theory: I'm certain Trevor is hurt, but any chance Kube's is "ok" with him healing up to see Lynch on the field?

Well, Siemian had his best game of the year last week. I think the concern is more that last time he tried to play through an injury, the results were not good. Hopefully Lynch learned some stuff from his first start (like, watch your right side, because no one else will do it for you).

Northman
12-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Well, the one negative that Siemian faces at this point is the injury bug. I think if Paxton comes in and plays well and the Broncos win he might just hold onto it the rest of the year. Just depends on how he performs Sunday i suppose.

Davii
12-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Well, Siemian had his best game of the year last week. I think the concern is more that last time he tried to play through an injury, the results were not good. Hopefully Lynch learned some stuff from his first start (like, watch your right side, because no one else will do it for you).

That's partially what I mean. Not that he thinks we have a better show with 100% Paxton over a 100% Trevor, but maybe he thinks we have a better shot with 100% Paxton over 85% or 90% Trevor.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2016, 01:50 PM
What really sucks, is if Paxton starts, I almost wish he doesn't do well because of that idiot Lynch12.

To be clear, I want the Broncos to win the game, and hope Paxton does really well. It's just the onslaught that will follow from our poster who's IQ is 12 will be unbearable.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 01:52 PM
That's partially what I mean. Not that he thinks we have a better show with 100% Paxton over a 100% Trevor, but maybe he thinks we have a better shot with 100% Paxton over 85% or 90% Trevor.

Then yeah, I would agree with that. If they're both fully healthy, I still think he wants to go with Siemian. How well Lynch performs, though, will probably determine when Siemian is "fully" healthy.

underrated29
12-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I hope paxton comes in and lights it up!!! Obviously, that would be a good thing, but I was never really sold on him. I just was not. So I really want to see him show that first rd potential. The big arm does not mean much to me, nor should it to anyone, because the last time he played he looked like crap, big arm or not. I want to see him make the reads and hit the open guy......That obviously is a near impossiblity with our Oline, but maybe just maybe a couples times he could do that. It would be swell.

After watching the cowboy/vikings game I now know why every thinks Dak is that good. The line gives him so much time all the time and they give the rb like 4 yards before first contact all the time. If we can get that we are going to boss!!! Maybe Pax gets that on sunday a few times.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Expect the #Broncos to simplify the game plan for Paxton Lynch. Quicker & less reads, more movement in pocket & run heavy offense.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 44s45 seconds ago

Jags have NFL's 3rd best pass D w/ a solid pass rush & smothering secondary. Jalen Ramsey is a player. Broncos gotta pound it on the ground.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Broncos are hopeful Trevor Siemian can play next week at Tennessee. But not a certainty. #9sports

Northman
12-02-2016, 02:01 PM
What really sucks, is if Paxton starts, I almost wish he doesn't do well because of that idiot Lynch12.

To be clear, I want the Broncos to win the game, and hope Paxton does really well. It's just the onslaught that will follow from our poster who's IQ is 12 will be unbearable.

Understandable.

Im thankful though that the cok gobbling is reduced to one poster and not a handful of them when Tebow was around.

Northman
12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
& run heavy offense.

Lmao.

So much for him slinging it around.

NightTerror218
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
I am suprised but one thingni have not sen a ton out of siemian is the bootleg and play action. I though4 kubiaks system was full of that. I saw 1 bootleg last week. And i kniw that run game has to be going for it to work. But was some loaded boxes i think play action to TE over the middle would be money. Os did this against NE last year and got good chunks of yards.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 02:19 PM
So how many WR does this make now, eight?

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Broncos promote Kalif Raymond from practice squad to 53-man roster. He is their new returner. #9sports

Northman
12-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Seeya Norwood.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Lmao.

So much for him slinging it around.

As pointed out above, the Jags pass D is actually pretty good. Their run defense is ... not, giving up 116.6 ypg. For an inexperienced QB, that's not a bad strategy given those splits.

Side note - the Jags are 24th in rushing offense, at 96.3 ypg. If we can actually stop the run, it will be a long day for Bortles.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Seeya Norwood.

Kinda what I'm thinking. They had the roster spot from Janovich going on IR, but that many WR is out of control. Norwood would be the first logical cut there, if they need a spot.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2016, 02:28 PM
I am suprised but one thingni have not sen a ton out of siemian is the bootleg and play action. I though4 kubiaks system was full of that. I saw 1 bootleg last week. And i kniw that run game has to be going for it to work. But was some loaded boxes i think play action to TE over the middle would be money. Os did this against NE last year and got good chunks of yards.

The toss sweep they used to use with Terrell Davis is surprisingly absent as well. They've done it like 5 times this whole season, and it seems like every time they have done it, it goes for positive yards.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak rules out Trevor Siemian, Bennie Fowler, Casey Krieter. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak said the plan to was to take the boot off Siemian's foot today. But they ended up putting it back on and ruled him out.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak said Siemian is still "a day-to-day process."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak said Kalif Raymond will definitely play. "Really it's a reward more than anything. This kid does everything."

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak: "It's been a good week for" Paxton Lynch ... "working really hard ... really proud of how far he's come."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak: lots of respect in the locker room for Raymond; team applauded when Kubiak announced his promotion to the 53-man roster.

Kubiak: Siemian will continue receiving treatment through the weekend in Jacksonville. Will probably sit upstairs during the game.

Kubiak: "Paxton is capable of doing all the same things we've been doing," just have to avoid overloading him.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago

"We have to do what we have to do to be successful." Kubiak on adapting offense for Paxton. "Let him be free and play" #Broncos @1043TheFan

Kubiak said the decision to put the boot back on Siemian doesn't mean it was worse than they thought. "No steps back or anything like that."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

Raymond is working on returning all the time in practice per Kubiak #Broncos @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 7m7 minutes ago

"I think he's confident. I think the key is the football team has to play well around him." Kubiak on Paxton #Broncos @1043TheFan

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Understandable.

Im thankful though that the cok gobbling is reduced to one poster and not a handful of them when Tebow was around.

On this board...There are probably 20-30 of those idiots on the official forums...Yet another reason I left...to escape the blind fanboism...

Davii
12-02-2016, 02:43 PM
On this board...There are probably 20-30 of those idiots on the official forums...Yet another reason I left...to escape the blind fanboism...

There is no escape.

LawDog
12-02-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm happy for Khalif. He was one of the rookies that stood out to me at camp.

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 02:57 PM

That's exactly where I'm sitting. I want him to do well because I want the team to do well...I don't want to listen to Lynch12 drone on like a blithering idiot if he does well...

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 02:59 PM
There is no escape.

Believe me, I've had far more enjoyment posting here the last couple weeks than I've had over the last year there...Yes there are a few like Lynch12 here, but the majority of the posters on this board are extremely level headed and rationale.

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 03:05 PM

I'm excited for him to do well, primarily because I want to see us finally cut Jordan Norwood.....

Valar Morghulis
12-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Don't worry, once lynch starts playing well that troll will disappear or change his tune to bogging up some one else for no reason other than to be retarded.

He is not even a Broncos fan

Tned
12-02-2016, 03:18 PM

He was the little speedster, right? He was returning punts in preseason I think, I wonder if he will take that role over.

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos Kalif Raymond said #Jets tried to sign him couple of weeks ago. But wanted to stay in Denver even w no guarantees @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos Raymond said "I just need to be in the moment. Worst thing I can have is a fear of failure" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch said expects to have plays that allow him to "run around and move the pocket" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch said it has taken time to get more comfortable w being under center and with play calling @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m17 minutes ago

Von Miller: "I'm 100 percent comfortable with Paxton [Lynch]."

VonDoom
12-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Interesting side note - the Redskins waived David Bruton after he cleared concussion protocol. Wonder if we'd try to pick him up, though we have a lot of safeties now

Joel
12-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Well, the one negative that Siemian faces at this point is the injury bug. I think if Paxton comes in and plays well and the Broncos win he might just hold onto it the rest of the year. Just depends on how he performs Sunday i suppose.
Lynch is no more immune to that injury bug than Osweiler was last year.

He needs to take the reins NEXT year. Even then our line won't be flawless, because 1) Rome wasn't built in a day and 2) rookies need time to get up to speed and 3) this is a total tear down. But if we actually invest some VALUE this offseason, we could be in decent shape by this time next year, and if we keep at it we could have a really solid line in 2018 that allows Lynch to come into his own as a legit franchise QB.

It's just not happening in 2016.

NightTerror218
12-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Lynch is no more immune to that injury bug than Osweiler was last year.

He needs to take the reins NEXT year. Even then our line won't be flawless, because 1) Rome wasn't built in a day and 2) rookies need time to get up to speed and 3) this is a total tear down. But if we actually invest some VALUE this offseason, we could be in decent shape by this time next year, and if we keep at it we could have a really solid line in 2018 that allows Lynch to come into his own as a legit franchise QB.

It's just not happening in 2016.

Figure siemian did not even play a full year of college ball either due to injury.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-02-2016, 06:00 PM
It was.

Maybe. But how much do you think guys like Marino and Champ Bailey wish they had a ring now. They were all time greats that made tons of $ but have no rings to show for it. Money can buy a lot, but if you're a player, not a championship.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 54m

Would Love to see Bruton back here for special-teams depth @DenverChannel

Washington Redskins Verified account
‏@Redskins

#Redskins sign CB Dashaun Phillips to active roster from prac. squad, waive S David Bruton Jr. & T Blaine Clausell: http://redsk.in/2gRa907

I agree with Troy - Would love for the Broncos to bring David back

HORSEPOWER 56
12-02-2016, 06:10 PM

‏@Redskins

#Redskins sign CB Dashaun Phillips to active roster from prac. squad, waive S David Bruton Jr. & T Blaine Clausell: http://redsk.in/2gRa907

I agree with Troy - Would love for the Broncos to bring David back

Absolutely! Bruton was our STs guru. He was also one of our better safeties at covering TEs.

Hawgdriver
12-02-2016, 06:49 PM

As long as yash12 doesn't go full Zion on us, I could care less about his thoughts. He's proven incapable of effective argument. Not the worst troll, though, so I hope it is an 'onslaught' but even then he has to step up his game.

What he doesn't know is that Lynch is actually a Palestinian freedom-pirate. I can't wait until he discovers.

Joel
12-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Maybe. But how much do you think guys like Marino and Champ Bailey wish they had a ring now. They were all time greats that made tons of $ but have no rings to show for it. Money can buy a lot, but if you're a player, not a championship.
No to mention that Marino and Champ are first ballot HoFers; Teal Julius isn't, so even if he manages a few All Pro seasons, a Ring can (and for many players has) mean(t) the difference being immortalized with a Canton bust or just being a perennial Finalist (or Semi-Finalist.)

That said, EVERYONE'S chance of reaching the Hall is remote, and busts can't be sold to pay for joint-replacement in retirement anyway, so it's hard to fault him.

Joel
12-02-2016, 08:02 PM

‏@Redskins

I agree with Troy - Would love for the Broncos to bring David backThis should be done yesterday.

Simple Jaded
12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
That last thing Julius Thomas cares about is rings and All-Pro seasons, JT cares about JT.

Simple Jaded
12-02-2016, 09:37 PM

I bet it's another scrub WR.

Jesus ****ing Chrsit, this was supposed to be a joke.

What is that, 15% of the roster is WR's. And it's not most of them are any good.

dogfish
12-03-2016, 04:04 AM
Jesus ****ing Chrsit, this was supposed to be a joke.

What is that, 15% of the roster is WR's. And it's not most of them are any good.

most WRs ever on a "balanced / run heavy" team. . .

#ThrowForMO!!

VonDoom
12-03-2016, 12:08 PM
https://twitter.com/TrevorSiemian/status/805055555161227264

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 05:19 PM
most WRs ever on a "balanced / run heavy" team. . .

#ThrowForMO!!

Personally, there are four of them worthy of generating much interest on another NFL roster, and one of those four is only because of his draft status.

VonDoom
12-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Justin Forsett was cut again. I could see us bringing him in. We're looking for another RB as the claim on Holman implied, and he had success two years ago under Kubiak.

Joel
12-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Justin Forsett was cut again. I could see us bringing him in. We're looking for another RB as the claim on Holman implied, and he had success two years ago under Kubiak.
An aging backup RB no one wants? Pass.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2016, 07:02 PM
An aging backup RB no one wants? Pass.

As opposed to young backup RB no one wants? Pass.

pnbronco
12-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Is anyone else nervous tonight about the game? I missed 3 games while I was on the road and I just don't know what to expect tomorrow. All I can say is GO BRONCOS....play your hearts out!!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Is anyone else nervous tonight about the game? I missed 3 games while I was on the road and I just don't know what to expect tomorrow. All I can say is GO BRONCOS....play your hearts out!!!!

In all honesty, I'm not nervous at all. We haven't lost to a "bad" team yet. I don't think we start now. Also, I just don't feel the anxiety this season. With all the drama about winning the Super Bowl last year before Manning retired and all the stress of close wins and losses last year, I've been able to sit back and enjoy (for the most part) the games without all the anxiety and expectation that we had before. It's almost the Tebow era part 2 in that I knew that we weren't a Super Bowl team so I didn't fret winning and losing as much. I just enjoyed the ride.

Freyaka
12-05-2016, 08:53 AM
As opposed to young backup RB no one wants? Pass.

That's the problem...all anyone wants to do on this team is pass...no running...