PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 12 (Chiefs week)

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 27m27 minutes ago

Aqib Talib, Derek Wolfe, Trevor Siemian all practicing. Great news for #Broncos on injury front. Expecting to get Talib/Wolfe back Sunday.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26m26 minutes ago

Matt Paradis not practicing. Tough for O-line to improve when it's leader can't practice as he'd like. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders excused for a family matter @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

FB Andy Janovich was catching & practicing w/o club on broken hand. This is the end of the estimate period he told me when it'd be healed.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 26m26 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe is wearing a brace on his elbow. Wolfe said he didn't need hairline fracture to fully heal to play, just not hurt. #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 7m7 minutes ago

the energy at practice today for #Broncos was strong, team looks fresh & ready after the bye @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

bye week allowed Trevor Siemian to get some rest, tight spirals today, footwork cleaner, drops at proper depth #Broncos @1043TheFan

NightTrainLayne
11-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Good news. This is one hell of a big game Sunday night! I can't wait.

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said Talib and Wolfe both practiced in full. Emmanuel Sanders not at practice b/c he's expecting his his second child at any moment.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Sambrailo and Stephenson will play. "Told them who plays best will play most," Kubiak said. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Also as expected Andy Janovich no longer had club on hand. So that should help his blocking in run game. @DenverChannel #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak said Siemian received an injection in his shoulder before the break. Said he was feeling good today at practice.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 41s42 seconds ago

Paradis didn't practice again and Kubiak said we can expect to see that for much of the rest of the season (hip)

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Broncos announce they signed WR Marlon Brown and waived CB Taurean Nixon

Timmy!
11-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

Broncos announce they signed WR Marlon Brown and waived CB Taurean Nixon

Returner?

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Returner?

Maybe. I know they liked him a lot in camp:

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 23m23 minutes ago

Cecil Lammey Retweeted Adam Caplan

was a standout performer in camp, has speed to stretch the field, uses frame to box out defenders on contested catches. #Broncos @1043TheFan

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Also on Marlon Brown:

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/800800502120386561

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

Brown was likely to make the team out of training camp, but back injury ended his run. 6-5, 214 pound jump ball WR. Played w/ Kubiak in BAL.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

It's a 2-year deal for Marlon Brown, plans for him after this season as well.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Good news. This is one hell of a big game Sunday night! I can't wait.

Big game for us and them. Can't imagine anyone not a fan of either team will get much out of it. Gonna be a defensive struggle bus. Neither offense can score more than 20. Might be a first team to 17 wins kinda game.

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Big game for us and them. Can't imagine anyone not a fan of either team will get much out of it. Gonna be a defensive struggle bus. Neither offense can score more than 20. Might be a first team to 17 wins kinda game.

Yeah, this game could massively affect not just the AFC West, but the whole AFC playoff picture. The loser of this game is 7-4 and not a lock for anything - we still have the Chiefs again, Raiders and Patriots left, they play at the Falcons right after this week and the Raiders again after that. With the Dolphins creeping around at 6-4 currently, they could challenge for that last playoff spot.

Joel
11-21-2016, 07:03 PM
How bad is Nixon if he couldn't stay on a team missing it's #1 AND #4 CB in a league where nickel bases are semi-standard?

"Coach, we're down to 4 CBs for our dime packages, what should we do?"

"Cut the 4th CB and sign a 7th WR."

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 09:48 PM
So Sanders won't be the biggest whiner in the household anymore? Congratulations.

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 11:03 PM
So Sanders won't be the biggest whiner in the household anymore? Congratulations.

Really? Harsh, man

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 11:04 PM
How bad is Nixon if he couldn't stay on a team missing it's #1 AND #4 CB in a league where nickel bases are semi-standard?

They brought Nixon up when those guys were hurt. They're back now. It's likely they'll try to re-sign Nixon to the PS. Rinse and repeat. Nothing new for bottom of the roster guys

Joel
11-21-2016, 11:45 PM
They brought Nixon up when those guys were hurt. They're back now. It's likely they'll try to re-sign Nixon to the PS. Rinse and repeat. Nothing new for bottom of the roster guys
Thought of that later, but it's funnier my way. ;)

Simple Jaded
11-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Really? Harsh, man

I love Sanders too, Talib and Sanders are my favorite players.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2016, 12:52 AM
I love Paradis too, Talib and Paradis are my favorite players.
Good job buddy; let it all out.

Joel
11-22-2016, 12:53 AM
I love Sanders too, Talib and Sanders are my favorite players.
You're half-dead to me.

VonDoom
11-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Ian St. Clair ‏@IanStClair 27m27 minutes ago

Noteworthy nugget: The #Broncos are 21-6 all time coming off their bye, including 15-3 at home.

Joel
11-22-2016, 12:50 PM

Noteworthy nugget: The #Broncos are 21-6 all time coming off their bye, including 15-3 at home.
Bulls aren't enraged by the color red, are actually color blind. :tongue:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib summoned cameramen and reporters with a lively urgency to deliver a message that has been trending this way for the last week.

“I’m back, baby,” Talib screamed. “I feel great. My back feels great. I had a three-week break, so my legs feel fresh. I feel super fresh right now.”

In seven games with Talib, the Broncos have allowed an average of 175 yards passing per game. In Talib’s three-game absence because of a lower-back injury, the Broncos allowed an average of 255.7 yards passing per game. So it’s safe to say Talib’s excitement was reciprocated throughout team headquarters.

Along with Talib, defensive end Derek Wolfe (fractured elbow) returned to practice Monday. Quarterback Trevor Siemian (left shoulder) and fullback Andy Janovich (broken hand) are trending toward being 100 percent again.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/21/broncos-healthiest-theyve-been-since-week-1-afc-west-stretch-run/

Hawgdriver
11-22-2016, 11:02 PM
You're half-dead to me.

How does one get all-dead to you? You want pics of my Talib shrine?

Joel
11-22-2016, 11:25 PM
How does one get all-dead to you? You want pics of my Talib shrine?
Well, he said Sanders is his other favorite player (someone desperately needs to Fan Police how he can have TWO "favorites.") Make Schofield high priest of your Talib cult and you can be all-dead to me. :)

Simple Jaded
11-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Well, he said Sanders is his other favorite player (someone desperately needs to Fan Police how he can have TWO "favorites.") Make Schofield high priest of your Talib cult and you can be all-dead to me. :)

Hey, Tom Nalen said Schofield is Denver's 10 game Offensive MVP.

Btw, I have three favorites, Sanders, Talib and Virgil Green. My fanhood is that big, BIG.

Joel
11-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Hey, Tom Nalen said Schofield is Denver's 10 game Offensive MVP.
I'll wait to hear it from Schlereth.

Btw, I have three favorites, Sanders, Talib and Virgil Green. My fanhood is that big, BIG.
A third dead—except you like to dog on Chris Harris (MY favorite Bronco) as badly as I dog on Talib; consider yourself "mostly dead." So turn out your pockets. :)

VonDoom
11-23-2016, 11:48 AM

Aaaaaaand ... Nixon signed back to the PS, as expected

Joel
11-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Aaaaaaand ... Nixon signed back to the PS, as expected
Needed someone Marlon Brown can torch in practice to increase his confidence. ;)

nevcraw
11-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Stink turned into a straight up douche-noodle after he put on the suit. Tommy Nalen is the baddest mofo ever to play OL in Denver not named Zimmerman. Having said that calling Schofield that best OL for the last 10 games isn't much of a ringing endorsement when you actually see what's around him.

VonDoom
11-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 22m22 minutes ago

Good sign--Matt Paradis is practicing #9sports

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 22m22 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders is back at #Broncos practice today after missing yesterday as his wife was having a baby.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7m7 minutes ago

For Broncos on Wednesday Derek Wolfe and Aqib Talib are practicing once again and still on track to play Sunday.

Davii
11-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Emmanuel Sanders is back at #Broncos practice today after missing yesterday as his wife was having a baby.

For Broncos on Wednesday Derek Wolfe and Aqib Talib are practicing once again and still on track to play Sunday.

All good news! Hopefully it translates into kicking the Chiefs ass.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 36m

#Broncos Dennison on WR Brown "I like the way that he's physical." @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37m

#Broncos' Dennison on #Chiefs defense. "They do a great job in red zone.They take the ball away".Lead league in red zone TOs @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m

#Broncos practiced in pads today. Physical, strong day. They are excited about all goals still in front of them @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m

#Broncos Kubiak talked w Booker and Bibbs about making plays w nothing there.Showed them plays where were tackled too easily @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m

#Broncos Kubiak said Janovich getting club off hand should make big difference in run blocking. Had great practice today @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47m

Peyton Manning visited #Broncos practice w kids today. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 48m

#Broncos said on Paradis, Ward, Wolfe limited. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

My @DenverChannel piece on how every week will become referendum on #Broncos' Siemian. QB, Offense have to improve:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Peyton Manning at Broncos practice today. Coach Gary Kubiak said "I told the rookies to go over there and introduce themselves." Kubiak said he and Manning talk "quite a bit."

Jeff Legwold, ESPN Senior Writer

Freyaka
11-23-2016, 04:59 PM

If we're being real honest. Brown will be WR3 or 4 before real long.

Freyaka
11-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Peyton Manning at Broncos practice today. Coach Gary Kubiak said "I told the rookies to go over there and introduce themselves." Kubiak said he and Manning talk "quite a bit."

Jeff Legwold, ESPN Senior Writer

Lets get Manning in here as a QB consultant and have him work his way into a QB coaching position.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m

#Broncos Wolfe said "it's miserable" watching a game. Hopes to play Sunday. "All I need is to know my elbow works" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 49m

#Broncos Siemian said encouraging that "7-3 and no one on offense would say we've played a complete game yet" @DenverChannel

Freyaka
11-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m

#Broncos Wolfe said "it's miserable" watching a game. Hopes to play Sunday. "All I need is to know my elbow works" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 49m

#Broncos Siemian said encouraging that "7-3 and no one on offense would say we've played a complete game yet" @DenverChannel

When we do finally start playing complete games (And I think we will) look out...A complete offense paired with this defense is going to be a scary thing to behold and I truly believe we're getting closer each week. I'm anticipating a career game out of Trevor this week.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Many photos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Peyton-Manning-stops-by-Wednesday-practice/41bde160-01e8-426b-bdb0-3eddf17d4316

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2016, 06:59 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — When the Broncos arrived at UCHealth Training Center Wednesday morning, they were greeted with a new locker-room trophy case, which contained the franchise's three Lombardi Trophies. Later, as their practice came to a close, they were surprised with a visit from one of the legends who helped secure the third.

"Seeing Peyton, I guarantee you, 63 of us out there, it was 63 smiles," cornerback Aqib Talib said. "We know what he brings and what he brought to this organization. Just having his presence there, it's an uplifting feeling."

Manning didn't talk shop with players during his time on the field — he had far too many former teammates and new Broncos to catch up with — but Trevor Siemian did give Manning an offer to join them for practice.

"Me and Austin [Davis] were running and I told him, 'I know you got some shorts on under there, come join us!' But he wasn't having it," Siemian joked.

In khakis and a button-down shirt, Manning may have had to decline Siemian's offer, but he took time to reach out to former teammates and new Broncos alike.

For rookies who were not around for his tenure as a Bronco, meeting Manning was a stunning moment.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Mannings-visit-delights-while-providing-direction/a5b21c41-63fd-4ac8-b449-8d30dd8cca13

Simple Jaded
11-23-2016, 07:26 PM

A third dead—except you like to dog on Chris Harris (MY favorite Bronco) as badly as I dog on Talib; consider yourself "mostly dead." So turn out your pockets. :)
I don't dog Harris, but if I were to dog Harris and run I wouldn't worry about getting caught from behind.

I wish they'd do a simulcast of Harris and Rich Eisen, I'd pay money to see that.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-24-2016, 01:02 AM
When we do finally start playing complete games (And I think we will) look out...A complete offense paired with this defense is going to be a scary thing to behold and I truly believe we're getting closer each week. I'm anticipating a career game out of Trevor this week.

I'm just hoping for a solid game ending in a win. KC's defense is the best we've faced all season. I doubt it will be anywhere near what he did vs Cincy (his career game so far). This could be a 10-7 or even a 9-6 kind of ball game. If you like scoring, this game ain't for you.

Freyaka
11-24-2016, 01:08 AM
I'm just hoping for a solid game ending in a win. KC's defense is the best we've faced all season. I doubt it will be anywhere near what he did vs Cincy (his career game so far). This could be a 10-7 or even a 9-6 kind of ball game. If you like scoring, this game ain't for you.

I actually think we'll surprise you this week, but maybe I'm just overly optimistic. We've had two weeks to prepare and address our many, many issues and I think we're going to come out stronger than we've seen so far this year.

Joel
11-24-2016, 09:44 AM

Yet another Bronco skipping practice just because his wife's in labor: HASN'T ANYONE TOLD THESE WOMEN TO BEAR THEIR CHILDREN IN THE OFFSEASON?! :tsk:

This whole "Football Is Family" thing has gone too far; someone get me Goodell on speed dial.

I don't dog Harris, but if I were to dog Harris and run I wouldn't worry about getting caught from behind.

I wish they'd do a simulcast of Harris and Rich Eisen, I'd pay money to see that.
I'd pay money to see you dog Harris and run. ;)

Joel
11-24-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm anticipating our "protection" gets him beat to Hell, our run support leaves him in 3rd and long, and people complain he has "happy feet" and doesn't read the D, go through his progressions nor throw past the sticks in the <2 seconds he has to find an open man before the blitz plants him. Y'know: Just like EVERY week.

I WANT to be optimistic, but what cause is there? Our underpowered C's being held out of half our practices? That's not reassuring; what IS?

LawDog
11-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Joel sets his expectations bar so low that any day without a nuclear holocaust is a great day.

Freyaka
11-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Joel sets his expectations bar so low that any day without a nuclear holocaust is a great day.

If he thinks we're doomed, we're probably going to win the Superbowl. I'll take it.

Joel
11-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Given recent events, can you blame me?

LawDog
11-24-2016, 10:48 AM
Joel, I never blame you for anything. Well, except for the Aquavit shortage of '13, that was all you.

Joel
11-24-2016, 11:10 AM
Joel, I never blame you for anything. Well, except for the Aquavit shortage of '13, that was all you.
Like I could make a dent in the amount of Aquavit Norwegians consume every Christmas; practically all of them are off two weeks (with pay.) Actually, it's kind of odd how that works: Between the obscenely high (even by Norwegian standards, which are high even by Scandinavian standards) sin tax on alcohol and the federal liquor monopoly, you'd think the whole country's dry, but you'd be very wrong. I presume it's because every other person has a still in their basement (seriously.)

Freyaka
11-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Given recent events, can you blame me?

You mean recent events that have us one game off our record last season when we won the superbowl with a worse offense?

VonDoom
11-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Klis:

Broncos have signed longsnapper Thomas Gafford. Waived DT Darius Kilgo. Casey Krieter out a week with calf. #9sports

So we think so little of Kilgo that he gets cut for a long snapper?

Joel
11-25-2016, 12:52 PM
You mean recent events that have us one game off our record last season when we won the superbowl with a worse offense?
No, I was referring to other recent events that left me thinking, Every day you wake up instead of becoming a radioactive cinder is a good one.

VonDoom
11-25-2016, 04:16 PM
No Ford or Maclin for the Chiefs on Sunday

dogfish
11-25-2016, 05:44 PM

the bulk of those wins were probably under shanahan. . . for all his faults (there are a lot), the man could gameplan with the best of them-- we almost always won coming off byes, and he really had a flair with his scripted plays. . . i never would have said it prior to this season, but now i'm saying it for the second time. . . i wish GK would reach out to shanahan, and see if we could bring him back as a senior offensive consultant. . . a number of egos would have to be managed, but it could be the best thing for all parties in the long run. . . it's better than not working if you're mike, and there's no question that he's light years ahead of dennison as an offensive mind. . .

yea, probably not happening. . .

Stink turned into a straight up douche-noodle after he put on the suit. Tommy Nalen is the baddest mofo ever to play OL in Denver not named Zimmerman. Having said that calling Schofield that best OL for the last 10 games isn't much of a ringing endorsement when you actually see what's around him.

yep. . . i was a big fan of stink for a long time, but he's just obnoxious now. . . nalen is infinitely more listenable. . . he's laid back and funny, and comes across as being very honest with his opinions. . .

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2016, 05:47 PM
the bulk of those wins were probably under shanahan. . . for all his faults (there are a lot), the man could gameplan with the best of them-- we almost always won coming off byes, and he really had a flair with his scripted plays. . . i never would have said it prior to this season, but now i'm saying it for the second time. . . i wish GK would reach out to shanahan, and see if we could bring him back as a senior offensive consultant. . . a number of egos would have to be managed, but it could be the best thing for all parties in the long run. . . it's better than not working if you're mike, and there's no question that he's light years ahead of dennison as an offensive mind. . . yea, probably not happening. . . yep. . . i was a big fan of stink for a long time, but he's just obnoxious now. . . nalen is infinitely more listenable. . . he's laid back and funny, and comes across as being very honest with his opinions. . .
Just bring in his son to replace Dennison.....

dogfish
11-25-2016, 05:47 PM
No Ford or Maclin for the Chiefs on Sunday

that could be big. . . their lack of outside threats could potentially free wade up to use talib some against kelce if the safeties or 'backers are having problems with him. . . and frankly, we will probably need a lot of safety help around the LOS to stop the run. . .

dogfish
11-25-2016, 05:48 PM

can't. . . his next job will be as a head coach somewhere, not making a lateral move. . .

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2016, 06:04 PM
can't. . . his next job will be as a head coach somewhere, not making a lateral move. . .

****s sake dog. You are taking about bringing shanny in as a consultant to help kubes game plan. I never knew I needed to ground my reply in reality!

dogfish
11-25-2016, 06:09 PM
****s sake dog. You are taking about bringing shanny in as a consultant to help kubes game plan. I never knew I needed to ground my reply in reality!

lol. . . shanny the elder is the one who's unemployed, so it does seem more reasonable to me, mate. . .

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2016, 06:15 PM
lol. . . shanny the elder is the one who's unemployed, so it does seem more reasonable to me, mate. . .

Don't you use British vernacular when you're condescending me. Mate.

dogfish
11-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Don't you use British vernacular when you're condescending me. Mate.

i can't use the american vernacular i want, it gets filtered. . . :D

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2016, 06:41 PM
i can't use the american vernacular i want, it gets filtered. . . :D

Wanker seems to slip through unfiltered!

Joel
11-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Dennison's not the problem; the offenses he ran under Kubiak in both Houston and Baltimore (not to mention their first Denver stint) were all very good. The uncommon factor is the guy Josh McDaniels hired as TE coach i '09, then promoted to offensive line coach when Dennison left in 2010:

Clancy Barone, who's gone back and forth from coaching our TEs and offensive linemen ever since. The common factor there is that the only decent blockers we've had—in SEVEN YEARS— are Virgil Green at TE and Vasquez at G. I'm not saying Barone sucks or is necessarily the problem, but the evidence is against him.

Joel
11-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Wanker seems to slip through unfiltered!
Careful: That's how Julian Assange got in trouble. ;)

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2016, 12:29 AM
FYI: KC's DE Dee Ford and WR Jeremy Maclin are out for this game.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9h9 hours ago
WR Jeremy Maclin and LB Dee Ford out Sunday night vs Denver.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2016, 04:19 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold Nov 25

Quality moment after Broncos practice today with executive VP football operations/general manager John Elway throwing a few passes to Demaryius Thomas. Thomas asked Elway to cut it loose a little on the last one and Thomas had a big smile when he went into the locker room.

Joel
11-26-2016, 04:36 PM

Quality moment after Broncos practice today with executive VP football operations/general manager John Elway throwing a few passes to Demaryius Thomas. Thomas asked Elway to cut it loose a little on the last one and Thomas had a big smile when he went into the locker room.
Literally living the dream.

Davii
11-26-2016, 06:48 PM
Yet another Bronco skipping practice just because his wife's in labor: HASN'T ANYONE TOLD THESE WOMEN TO BEAR THEIR CHILDREN IN THE OFFSEASON?! :tsk:

This whole "Football Is Family" thing has gone too far; someone get me Goodell on speed dial.

I'd pay money to see you dog Harris and run. ;)

I think it's more about them being conceived in the offseason

spikerman
11-26-2016, 08:49 PM

Thomas needs to be careful. Elway broke his ex-wife's finger by fulfilling the same request.