PDA

View Full Version : Rapoport: Tony Romo "eyeing" Broncos next year

VonDoom
11-20-2016, 12:54 PM
» There will be a market for Romo this offseason, as the team will look to trade him. Though owner Jerry Jones said he's given no consideration to having Romo on another team, carrying him as the backup for another year doesn't seem realistic. Romo, I'm told, already has eyes on the Broncos as a possible destination if general manager John Elway decides Paxton Lynch needs another year and that Trevor Siemian isn't the guy. Other options, depending on a variety of factors, include the Bears, Jets, Cardinals, and Bills. When the Cowboys do trade him, they'll still have to deal with about a $20 million salary-cap hit. Romo will have significant say in the matter given that he will need to renegotiate his deal. He, essentially, could veto any move.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000742358/article/tony-romo-eyeing-broncos-as-offseason-destination?campaign=Twitter_atn

Now, I think it's too early to worry about all this at this point, but Romo's name has been coming up in relation to the Broncos recently. The real question for us will be whether they think Lynch is ready or needs another year. Elway isn't afraid to be aggressive, so it's not entirely unreasonable that this could happen, but a lot would have to take place first.

Northman
11-20-2016, 01:10 PM
So we will be able to witness Romo actually dying on the field? No thanks. Frankly, i dont see this happening much like i didnt see the Kaepernick deal happening. But, i do see San Fran maybe trying to make a play for him.

turftoad
11-20-2016, 01:18 PM
I don't think we can afford him unless he takes a ridiculous pay cut to come here.

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2016, 01:36 PM
I don't think we can afford him unless he takes a ridiculous pay cut to come here.

We about about forty mill to play with

turftoad
11-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Still have FA's to pay up for also.
If we can afford it, I'd be OK with him here for a couple of years. Better than what we have RIGHT NOW anyway.

MOtorboat
11-20-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm intrigued.

Poet
11-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Eating bench for most of the year as a first rounder is rare. Doing it for two seasons -presuming Romo is the starter- is flat out unheard of. I can't imagine TR comes here as a backup QB.

LawDog
11-20-2016, 02:21 PM
What would they pay for the 4-5 games that Romo would be healthy for?

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 02:33 PM
He would have to take a paycut, no one is trading for that contract even if he didn't have age/health risks. They can't cut him because of dead money, so, if he wants out we're talking a straight up paycut. Then you have to wonder what Dallas can get in trade value and if that's even worth it.

I forget what his dead money number would be but Hyuge.

I've always liked Romo, his critics are ridiculous, I'd do it if not for Lynch but not for more than around $15 MM/per and a conditional pick.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Although, if he's taking that much of a paycut he could probably dictate where he goes, Dallas has zero leverage because there's a real possibility that they'd have to keep him at $25 MM. And THAT, Jer'uh stuck with a $25 MM backup, is what I'm hoping for.

My dream of Jones starting Romo over Prescott died on the vine but there's still a good chance that this turns out really bad for the Cowballs.

Joel
11-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah, so instead of spending that cash to shore up our awful line, let's spend it on a QB whose body's ALREADY shattered from a career behind a line like that.

Romo's out of his mind to even be considering this. And I doubt Elway considers it at all. I'd love to have him as vet insurance for Lynch, but not for what'd it cost.

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah, so instead of spending that cash to shore up our awful line, let's spend it on a QB whose body's ALREADY shattered from a career behind a line like that. Romo's out of his mind to even be considering this. And I doubt Elway considers it at all. I'd love to have him as vet insurance for Lynch, but not for what'd it cost.

I can't actually listen to another one of your sermons about the offensive line

BigDaddyBronco
11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
He cant stay healthy behind the best Oline in football, he would get killed here. No thanks.

Northman
11-20-2016, 03:24 PM
He cant stay healthy behind the best Oline in football, he would get killed here. No thanks.

It would be straight up suicide on his part.

Freyaka
11-20-2016, 03:57 PM
He can eye it all he wants...I hope to god Elway just laughs about it. In no way shape or form do I want that fragile ball of glass on this team.

Joel
11-20-2016, 04:43 PM
I can't actually listen to another one of your sermons about the offensive line
I promise you're not half as tired of reading them as I am of writing them.

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2016, 04:46 PM
I promise you're not half as tired of reading them as I am of writing them.

It's not even that I disagree.

But I was not advocating for Romo, I was only mentioning the cap situation and yet I was still on the end of an offensive line rant. Just gets old.

Poet
11-20-2016, 04:51 PM
It's not even that I disagree.

But I was not advocating for Romo, I was only mentioning the cap situation and yet I was still on the end of an offensive line rant. Just gets old.

Joel, sometimes you can just got (insert legitimate offensive line concerns here) and continue with the rest of the post. Especially when someone is bringing up something else.

Joel
11-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Joel, sometimes you can just got (insert legitimate offensive line concerns here) and continue with the rest of the post. Especially when someone is bringing up something else.
Fine: I'd rather spend the money on a far bigger need than on a broken down QB who'd be turned into confetti by spending it on him instead. Better?

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Fine: I'd rather spend the money on a far bigger need than on a broken down QB who'd be turned into confetti by spending it on him instead. Better?

Now you're just being sassy.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:21 PM
This thread got me thinking, what do you guys think of the offensive line?

Discuss...

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:23 PM
This thread got me thinking, what do you guys think of the offensive line?

Discuss...

You are denied style points until the Bengals win a playoff game.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:32 PM
God dammit! See what you've done Joel?

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:32 PM
God dammit! See what you've done Joel?

There's a way we can fix this.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:35 PM
There's a way we can fix this.

I'm not that kind of girl, Kinger.

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm not that kind of girl, Kinger.

No, not that way.

You can regain what you had and gain 450,000 style points.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:37 PM
No, not that way.

You can regain what you had and gain 450,000 style points.

I'm listening.

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm listening.

Tell us who the greatest poster of all-time is. Choose correctly and these wares and goods are yours.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:48 PM

This is the single greatest poster of all time, hands down.

Poet
11-20-2016, 05:52 PM

This is the single greatest poster of all time, hands down.

You had approximately 10,000 possible selections.

This was one of them. Well done.

Don't **** this up.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Don't **** this up.

Shit, don't worry, I got this, money in the bank.

NightTerror218
11-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Elway took manning as a high profile FA. Last offseason he went after a few that were deals when we had unknown siemian only on roster. I doubt elway will go after romo unless he is dirt cheap. But elway also saw a groomed qb walk away after being drafted to be the new. Elway would be doing the same to lynch......not a good trend.

Dapper Dan
11-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Aaron Rodgers was a first round pick and waited like 4 years to start. It's not unheard of for a first round pick to wait. Especially if the guys in charge want to wait.

I think Kubiak likes Siemian. I don't see anything changing unless Elway really wants it to.

Romo could still get quite a bit of money from a team that's very desperate like the Jets or Niners. It'll be his last check. He'd be crazy not to cash in.

Poet
11-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Aaron Rodgers was a first round pick and waited like 4 years to start. It's not unheard of for a first round pick to wait. Especially if the guys in charge want to wait.

I think Kubiak likes Siemian. I don't see anything changing unless Elway really wants it to.

Romo could still get quite a bit of money from a team that's very desperate like the Jets or Niners. It'll be his last check. He'd be crazy not to cash in.

Rodgers is like the only current guy who sat for more than one year and was a high draft pick. The Packers wanted to move on sooner, too.

Dapper Dan
11-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Rodgers is like the only current guy who sat for more than one year and was a high draft pick. The Packers wanted to move on sooner, too.

So you've heard of it.

Moving on.

Poet
11-21-2016, 12:05 AM
So you've heard of it.

Moving on.

You're smart enough to know what an outlier is. Maybe you should actually act like it.

Magnificent Seven
11-21-2016, 12:23 AM
NOPE, simply nope!

Dapper Dan
11-21-2016, 12:50 AM
You're smart enough to know what an outlier is. Maybe you should actually act like it.

I love pointing out when you state something false. You always make an argument out of it. It's like death and taxes. Some day you might actually admit it. Hell may also freeze over. Actually, stranger things have happened.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Ok, say offseason comes around and Lynch needs more time and Siemian stays on his Kyle Borton trajectory, what say you to that?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 12:54 AM
What Romo wants may not be what Romo gets. I'm no so sure he'd be pore productive than Trevor next year. He'll be 39 and quarterback is not what needs fixed in this offense.

Poet
11-21-2016, 12:54 AM
I love pointing out when you state something false. You always make an argument out of it. It's like death and taxes. Some day you might actually admit it. Hell may also freeze over. Actually, stranger things have happened.

You point out a narrow circumstance that is literally an outlier. Congratulations' you 'got me'. Still an outlier. If only I had 'barring ONE time in x amount of years!' then I would have been Dan proof! Trying to correct me obviously means so much the way you try to prance around after 'getting me'.

- Assertion that's mostly true - Me

-Counter example that essentially speaks to nothing as the context is narrow as all get it - You.

- Pointing that out - Me.

Party on, bruv.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 12:56 AM
Shots fired.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 12:57 AM
What Romo wants may not be what Romo gets. I'm no so sure he'd be pore productive than Trevor next year. He'll be 39 and quarterback is not what needs fixed in this offense.

Why you no sure?

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 01:00 AM

Big difference between that situation and ours as well. Rodgers was drafted as Favre's successor. For us, Lynch was drafted who maybe we sit a year, but would likely be expected to be competing for the starting job in year 2.

If we bring a guy like Romo in, I think Elway is basically admitting he whiffed on the Lynch pick. You don't bring in a guy like Romo AFTER using a first round pick on a QB if you think the QB is any good.

If only Dallas had been able to trade up for Lynch and we'd gotten Dak. What could have been.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 01:01 AM
Why you no sure?
You should have finished that sentence with, "....Dr Jones".

Because Romo is not what he use to be and he'll be 126 years old and learning a new offense .

BroncoWave
You should have finished that sentence with, "....Dr Jones".

Because Romo is not what he use to be and he'll 126 years old and learning a new offense .

That and he might literally die behind our o-line.

Simple Jaded
Big difference between that situation and ours as well. Rodgers was drafted as Favre's successor. For us, Lynch was drafted who maybe we sit a year, but would likely be expected to be competing for the starting job in year 2.

If we bring a guy like Romo in, I think Elway is basically admitting he whiffed on the Lynch pick. You don't bring in a guy like Romo AFTER using a first round pick on a QB if you think the QB is any good.

If only Dallas had been able to trade up for Lynch and we'd gotten Dak. What could have been.
What could've been is probably the same as we got with Lynch.

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 01:03 AM
What could've been is probably the same as we got with Lynch.

I think we are past the point where all of Dak's success gets attributed to him having a good o-line. We're 10 games in and he's only getting better. Dude is a flat out stud. Players like that make any team better.

Poet
11-21-2016, 01:04 AM

Dude, it doesn't matter. Rodgers did it. Super noteworthy. It's happened one time essentially. Super relevant. We will ignore the fact that it's happened just once and in GB they drafted him to replace an aging vet and in thi instance we would be bringing in an aging vet to at least pseudo-replace our first rounder.

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 01:09 AM
Dude, it doesn't matter. Rodgers did it. Super noteworthy. It's happened one time essentially. Super relevant. We will ignore the fact that it's happened just once and in GB they drafted him to replace an aging vet and in thi instance we would be bringing in an aging vet to at least pseudo-replace our first rounder.

And FWIW, I don't think Elway touches Romo with a 10 foot pole. That would be a panic move that I don't see Elway making. This is a lot different from the Manning situation. In that case we had Tebow who was obviously not good and you had Manning who was coming off more of a freak injury than a guy like Romo who gets hurt every year. That and Romo is like 3 years older now than Manning was when we got him.

I just don't see how Romo makes any sense for us unless Elway has already given up hope on Lynch, which I would find very surprising.

Poet
11-21-2016, 01:10 AM
Dude, shut the **** up. None of that matters. Aaron Rodgers. HE SAT ON THE BENCH. FOUR YEARS!

Freyaka
11-21-2016, 01:21 AM

Gotta side with kinger on this one...One example doesn't make something true. It just means it happened once. Doesn't mean it's ever likely to happen again. Let me give you an opposite example. Brock Oswieler sat and he sucks...

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 01:24 AM
Gotta side with kinger on this one...One example doesn't make something true. It just means it happened once. Doesn't mean it's ever likely to happen again. Let me give you an opposite example. Brock Oswieler sat and he sucks...

King, I think this man needs to be awarded style points!

Poet
11-21-2016, 01:26 AM
I've had a really shitty ******* month. My family's having a shittier month. My girlfriend's having an even even shittier month. DB, while your 'point' was really useless, I do apologize.

Freya, Wave will assign you points as he sees fit. Style points are the most useful currency in the world. Spend them wisely.

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 01:27 AM
1000 style points to you Freyaka. Use them wisely.

underrated29
11-21-2016, 02:00 AM
I'd take romo right now

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 02:01 AM
I think we are past the point where all of Dak's success gets attributed to him having a good o-line. We're 10 games in and he's only getting better. Dude is a flat out stud. Players like that make any team better.

I never said it was just his OL, I said he's not the same stud behind Denver's OL. Besides, this particular point is about the fact that Prescott is still a backup to Siemian, like Lynch.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 02:04 AM
I'd take romo right now

What'd he ever do to you?

underrated29
11-21-2016, 02:05 AM

Don't **** this up.

How am I on this list 9,999 times?

underrated29
11-21-2016, 02:06 AM
What'd he ever do to you?

He can be big spoon if he wants

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 02:08 AM
He can be big spoon if he wants

Sinner.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 02:14 AM
Btw, Wave, Sefo got my Buffs rolling. Still don't want him.

Northman
11-21-2016, 03:37 AM
I've had a really shitty ******* month. My family's having a shittier month. My girlfriend's having an even even shittier month. DB, while your 'point' was really useless, I do apologize.

Freya, Wave will assign you points as he sees fit. Style points are the most useful currency in the world. Spend them wisely.

Are they kind of like bitcoin?

sneakers
11-21-2016, 06:03 AM
maybe if he can get his vagina out of his back, maybe

Lynch12
11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
He can eye all he wants, the broncos must stay far away from Tony Romo, he is washed up.

Freyaka
11-21-2016, 10:11 AM
He can eye all he wants, the broncos must stay far away from Tony Romo, he is washed up.

Probably the only thing ever that we've agreed upon.

I Eat Staples
11-21-2016, 11:16 AM
I never said it was just his OL, I said he's not the same stud behind Denver's OL. Besides, this particular point is about the fact that Prescott is still a backup to Siemian, like Lynch.

I don't think so. The thing everyone missed about Prescott was how smart he is, for him to have a seamless transition from Mississippi State's offense to Dallas' offense is pretty rare for a rookie QB. His decision making is fantastic as well. I think Prescott would have impressed Kubiak with how quickly he grasped the offense and would have been the starter. The whole reason Lynch is sitting is because he isn't ready yet. Prescott wouldn't have had that problem.

Of course this is entirely speculation, but it would be a long shot if Lynch ends up anywhere near as good as Prescott has been. Dallas just hit the lottery on that one.

I Eat Staples
11-21-2016, 11:17 AM
If Lynch still isn't ready to start NEXT season, then he's probably just a bust. If the coaches believe that to be the case, I'm all for going after Romo. Not sure how he'll hold up after all the injuries, but if he can stay healthy and is still his former self, I'd be pretty damn excited to have him here. He was always very underrated.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 01:43 PM
I don't think so. The thing everyone missed about Prescott was how smart he is, for him to have a seamless transition from Mississippi State's offense to Dallas' offense is pretty rare for a rookie QB. His decision making is fantastic as well. I think Prescott would have impressed Kubiak with how quickly he grasped the offense and would have been the starter. The whole reason Lynch is sitting is because he isn't ready yet. Prescott wouldn't have had that problem.

Of course this is entirely speculation, but it would be a long shot if Lynch ends up anywhere near as good as Prescott has been. Dallas just hit the lottery on that one.
Exactly, if the league gm's had an inclination of how good he would be he would have been drafted in the top 5 picks, not the fourth round.

broncofaninfla
11-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Three reasons why I don't like this idea:

Romo would die behind this offensive line
His contract is too costly
We already have two young guys who can play at the same or possibly higher level next year.

Our problem is Oline and scheme, not QB.

Poet
11-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Are they kind of like bitcoin?

Yeah, except if you these you probably don't cape and wear a fedora.

Joel
11-21-2016, 02:43 PM
That and he might literally die behind our o-line.

We already have two young guys who can play at the same or possibly higher level next year.

Again with the tiresome lectures.... ;)

underrated29
11-21-2016, 02:49 PM

People keep saying this I do not get why. The cowboys only had a good line for like 2 years. On the plays romo got hurt he was running downfield and got ninja chopped and destroyed by the LB...Not indicative of what would possibly be something to project.

His contract is waaaaay too much no doubt. He would have to re-negotiate.

None of our QBs are anywhere close to romos level, at least right now anyway. Make no mistake. Romo would do for us what Peyton did his first two years here. Lynch and Sim are NOT even in the ballpark. Lynch may get there one day, but he is not in the convo yet.

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 02:53 PM
People keep saying this I do not get why. The cowboys only had a good line for like 2 years. On the plays romo got hurt he was running downfield and got ninja chopped and destroyed by the LB...Not indicative of what would possibly be something to project.

None of our QBs are anywhere close to romos level, at least right now anyway. Make no mistake. Romo would do for us what Peyton did his first two years here. Lynch and Sim are NOT even in the ballpark. Lynch may get there one day, but he is not in the convo yet.

The fact of the matter is it would be a huge indictment on a QB you spend a first round pick on to bring in Romo in year 2 of that QB's career. If a first rounder isn't ready to play by year two, then you almost certainly have a bust on your hands.

NCBronco
11-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Please. No Moro Romo. :coffee:

Nothing to see here, move along..... :ciao:

tubby
11-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Yeah I bet he is......

Firm pass.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 03:36 PM

I'd be happy to have the Romo at 32 years of age because he's nothing like that anymore.

VonDoom
11-21-2016, 03:51 PM
I'd be happy to have the Romo at 32 years of age because he's nothing like that anymore.

He was pretty great in 2014, when he was 34, and the Cowboys went 12-4. He would have been good this year with that team around him.

Dapper Dan
11-21-2016, 03:53 PM

Oh I know. It's rare. I just love poking holes in things that King says. He gets really defensive. He's like a smarter version of Wave. If you disagree with King or Wave then you know you could get a few pages out of it.

NightTerror218
11-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Romo is injury and the polar opposite of clutch in games. His cowboys have always been middle of the road with him. He loses games at the end with costly ints.

Valar Morghulis
11-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Romo is injury and the polar opposite of clutch in games. His cowboys have always been middle of the road with him. He loses games at the end with costly ints.

That epic game in 2014 we had in Dallas, I was always confident Romo would throw a pic.

NightTerror218
11-21-2016, 04:40 PM
That epic game in 2014 we had in Dallas, I was always confident Romo would throw a pic.

He always throws a pic that makes his team lose or seals loss. He cant carry a team or push himself

Dapper Dan
11-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah. Romo is no Tebow.

underrated29
11-21-2016, 05:10 PM
The fact of the matter is it would be a huge indictment on a QB you spend a first round pick on to bring in Romo in year 2 of that QB's career. If a first rounder isn't ready to play by year two, then you almost certainly have a bust on your hands.

What? Why?
We drafted a QB who every single GM and Scout, All of them, Every one, each and every one, all, said that Lynch is not ready this year and is a project and will need time to develop. All of them. How does a QB go from that to stud with 16 weeks of scout team work, a few OTAs and 1.5 training camps? I do not see it as any indication as to anything, and honestly, who cares what people think.

What matter is that the broncos develop him and bring out a finished polished project. Following someones made up timeline about busts or whatnot means jack squat. I believe that he needs 2 years at least. This year to learn playbook and work on mechanics. Next year to read defenses and stop thinking. Then finally maybe he will be ready to be unveiled. In the meantime we have a champ defense and only need an average to above average QB to bring us another title. Romo can do that.

As dave mentioned the game where we had a shootout with Romo and won on his last second pick, I also knew he was going to throw one, but we dont need romo to romo for us. He had to put up 40+ points to win and still lost.

Here he has to put up 24. And more importantly just move the ball for a few 1st downs per drive, give the D a rest and we can win. I am not saying I want romo, but I think he would improve us and him being here has nothing to do with Lynch or his development. I also dont want to David Carr lynch with our Terrible OL and mess his head up.

Joel
11-21-2016, 06:57 PM
? Sacks caused each of his broken collarbones (http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4753377/a-look-at-tony-romos-injury-history)—all THREE of them. There's a reason Dallas sold out on drafting offensive linemen early in two straight drafts: For the same reason we should, except the victim then was Romo (and Marion Barber and Co.) for a decade instead of Manning (and Willis McGahee and Co.) for half of one. Does this look like a QB running downfield?

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/tony-romo-hand1.jpg

Looks more like a QB surrounded by three pass rushers but only a SINGLE lineman (who's on the wrong side of the pass rusher he's "blocking.") Tony Romos career is an object lesson in why we desperately need to rebuild our line yesterday.

Not even Cowboys fans have ever compared Romo to Manning at his best, and Manning had a FAR better injury history (even a far better broken spine history.)

BroncoWave
11-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Oh I know. It's rare. I just love poking holes in things that King says. He gets really defensive. He's like a smarter version of Wave. If you disagree with King or Wave then you know you could get a few pages out of it.

I hope one day to be even half as smart as my good friend king.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 07:01 PM
He was pretty great in 2014, when he was 34, and the Cowboys went 12-4. He would have been good this year with that team around him.

I don't know man, the last time I saw him play he looked like his arm talent and physical agility had really dropped off from his gunslinger days.

CrazyHorse
11-21-2016, 08:33 PM

He has the highest 4th quarter rating in NFL history.

This is the rumor that will not die. I'm completely on board with this as long as it's low risk and doesn't break the bank.

Best case scenario is the Cowboys win the Super Bowl(Provided the Broncos don't). Romo asks for unconditional release which is granted. Broncos sign Romo for very team friendly deal. Broncos spend majority of picks on offensive and defensive line. Romo would be the same age Manning was when he set every single season passing record. Manning's injuries are also arguably worse than Romo's.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 09:18 PM

And the thing I think everyone is missing about Siemian is that Kubiak loves him some Siemian as much as Wave loves him some Prescott.

And again, Prescott isn't the same player in this offense, not by a long shot. No running game, no pass blocking and a coaching staff that has zero interest in running anything resembling what he ran in college. All things that have contributed heavily to his success.

I still wouldn't trade Lynch for Prescott, he's the better prospect.

Hawgdriver
11-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Like I tell my son, 'we'll see'.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Either way I'm fine with Lynch.

I don't regret Prescott, I don't regret Derek Carr, any QB really. Maybe Luck.

I Eat Staples
11-21-2016, 09:59 PM
And the thing I think everyone is missing about Siemian is that Kubiak loves him some Siemian as much as Wave loves him some Prescott.

And again, Prescott isn't the same player in this offense, not by a long shot. No running game, no pass blocking and a coaching staff that has zero interest in running anything resembling what he ran in college. All things that have contributed heavily to his success.

I still wouldn't trade Lynch for Prescott, he's the better prospect.

I liked Lynch way better than Prescott, but every game that Prescott plays well and Lynch sits on the bench it becomes less relevant how good they were as prospects. I still hope that Lynch will start next season and show that he can be our guy for the next ~15 years, and I definitely don't regret anything, hindsight is 20/20 and nobody would have drafted Prescott over Lynch.

As for Siemian, I don't know what Kubiak sees in him, but I don't think he'll be our starter next year either way. Either Lynch gets a chance, or the coaches believe he's so bad that they have to go get a veteran like Romo.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 10:19 PM
I've always had a problem separating what they were/are as prospects. If the P*triots drafted Shady in the 1st round it's still a blown pick and I don't even bother to consider whether or not he is this Tom Shady if he goes to any other team. Same goes for Prescott, he wasn't a 1st round prospect and there's no way of knowing he'd be this Dak Prescott if he was drafted by Denver.

Conversely, I think there's a bunch of QB's that would have fair better had they gone somewhere else. There's just no way of knowing.

Still, beside the point, it's my opinion he's still behind Siemian.

I Eat Staples
11-21-2016, 10:38 PM
I've always had a problem separating what they were/are as prospects. If the P*triots drafted Shady in the 1st round it's still a blown pick and I don't even bother to consider whether or not he is this Tom Shady if he goes to any other team. Same goes for Prescott, he wasn't a 1st round prospect and there's no way of knowing he'd be this Dak Prescott if he was drafted by Denver.

Conversely, I think there's a bunch of QB's that would have fair better had they gone somewhere else. There's just no way of knowing.

Still, beside the point, it's my opinion he's still behind Siemian.

Oh I have the same problem, I watch so much college football and follow the draft and everything leading up to it so much that I fall in love with prospects and become obsessed with draft pick value and all. But sometimes scouts just whiff on someone, and I think Prescott was one of those times. Personally I thought he was another Tebow and never thought he'd be a good NFL QB, but the difference is that Tebow was dumb and Prescott was smart enough to learn a completely different offense than what he played in for years, in just a few months. That part is harder to evaluate than the physical talent, and is more important for a QB.

NightTerror218
11-21-2016, 11:25 PM

This is the rumor that will not die. I'm completely on board with this as long as it's low risk and doesn't break the bank.

Best case scenario is the Cowboys win the Super Bowl(Provided the Broncos don't). Romo asks for unconditional release which is granted. Broncos sign Romo for very team friendly deal. Broncos spend majority of picks on offensive and defensive line. Romo would be the same age Manning was when he set every single season passing record. Manning's injuries are also arguably worse than Romo's.

He still chokes with good 4th quarter stats

Joel
11-21-2016, 11:26 PM

So under no possible circumstances then.

Romo's had a LOT more of them though, and only one of Mannings was arguably worse. Romo's had more VERTEBRAE broken, but Mannings skill, mind and solid line kept him pretty much injury-free before 2011. Romo's... didn't.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2016, 12:21 AM
So under no possible circumstances then.

Romo's had a LOT more of them though, and only one of Mannings was arguably worse. Romo's had more VERTEBRAE broken, but Mannings skill, mind and solid line kept him pretty much injury-free before 2011. Romo's... didn't.
So are you for or against getting Romo?

Pudge
11-22-2016, 12:29 AM

Who cares?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner

Simple Jaded
11-22-2016, 12:30 AM
Oh I have the same problem, I watch so much college football and follow the draft and everything leading up to it so much that I fall in love with prospects and become obsessed with draft pick value and all. But sometimes scouts just whiff on someone, and I think Prescott was one of those times. Personally I thought he was another Tebow and never thought he'd be a good NFL QB, but the difference is that Tebow was dumb and Prescott was smart enough to learn a completely different offense than what he played in for years, in just a few months. That part is harder to evaluate than the physical talent, and is more important for a QB.

My issue with Prescott was his college offense, he's got solid ability and talent across the board though. I just didn't care to tackle the brain damage of developing a QB from that offense. Tebow had great results in that offense, to me this probably also a deal breaker, fair or not.

QB's and WR's, they historically seem to struggle to adapt from that offense. Same with Goff, I got interested in him early until I found out he's from Sonny Dykes system.

Lynch too, to a lesser extent.

Joel
11-22-2016, 12:57 AM
Yes

capt. Jack
11-22-2016, 06:01 AM
I am rooting for Paxton or a QB under 30 years old.
I don't think we can catch "Lighting in a bottle" or should I say "Star Wars in a bottle" twice.

(Just say "NO TO ROMO!")

:)

7DnBrnc53
11-22-2016, 08:15 AM
What about Aaron Rodgers? He will be 33 next month, but he is younger than Peyton was during his first year with the Broncos (36).

Freyaka
11-22-2016, 09:55 AM
What about Aaron Rodgers? He will be 33 next month, but he is younger than Peyton was during his first year with the Broncos (36).

I doubt Rodgers ends up going anywhere anytime soon.

capt. Jack
11-22-2016, 10:03 AM
I would take Rogers, Stafford, or Luck!

Or stick with Trevor or Paxton!

Freyaka
11-22-2016, 10:14 AM
I would take Rogers, Stafford, or Luck!

Or stick with Trevor or Paxton!

If there was some way we would be able to snag luck, that's a Superbowl.

Every one of our superbowls were won with QB's drafted by the Colts. That said, there is zero chance of us getting luck, but if we could, that's a superbowl win.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Who cares?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner

I just get ****ing confused, I hear Charley Browns parents in my head when I read Joel's posts sometimes.

gregbroncs
11-25-2016, 05:53 PM
Please god no!

atwater27
11-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Romo would thrive in a place that has a solid offensive line. That is NOT here.

Poet
11-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Romo would thrive in a place that has a solid offensive line. That is NOT here.

Post more. I miss you.

Lynch12
11-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Paxton Lynch will be the starter next year, romo will not be a Bronco. This story sounds good for romo but it will not happen for him.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2016, 02:44 AM
Collinsworth said Kubiak LOL'ed when he asked him about this Romo rumor.

Joel
11-28-2016, 03:29 AM
Paxton Lynch will be the starter next year, romo will not be a Bronco. This story sounds good for romo but it will not happen for him.I agree with every statement but the third: This story sounds LETHAL for Romo; the claims HE started it suggest he's already taken too many head shots.