PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (bye week)

VonDoom
11-15-2016, 02:09 PM
I didn't think we'd do a thread for this week, but they practiced today and Kubiak said stuff, so ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Aqib Talib (back) is practicing. He's expected to return after the bye, as we reported Sunday. Derek Wolfe, Matt Paradis not practicing.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

Trevor Siemian not practicing-- watching with helmet on. #9sports

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 53m53 minutes ago

Aqib Talib being out there was a great sign for his recovery. No Derek Wolfe today, as expected; Broncos hope he's out there next week.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian did light throwing today. Left shoulder should benefit from the rest. Talib did practice. He has said he will play Nov. 27

VonDoom
11-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak on Aqib Talib's return to practice: "He feels good. The injection was successful. I know he's excited to be back."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m24 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Paxton took practice. "Shows amazing talent. And some inconsistencies".Was planned to give Siemian rest @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak on Siemian "it's time for him to be his best". Has big expectations Likes how QB room has worked together @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 22m22 minutes ago

Kubiak on RT battle between Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo: "Ty deserves to play more. So he's going to play more."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak says he's pleased with Lynch's growth. Lynch ran the offense for the whole practice today.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said DT is being more vocal. Believes his hip is feeling better which is helping him make bigger impact. @DenverChannel

Hawgdriver
11-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said DT is being more vocal. Believes his hip is feeling better which is helping him make bigger impact. @DenverChannel

DT is a warrior. Leadership through his actions. Tell me I'm not the only one who sees his grimaces during games. Yet makes the plays the team needs to win. #countrydiva

HORSEPOWER 56
11-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Talib coming back is huge!

#Sohood

Davii
11-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Talib coming back is huge!

#Sohood

If Talib were in the backfield I think we have a better shot against the Raiders at home, and I think we have 4 interceptions against the Saints.

Freyaka
11-15-2016, 04:00 PM
I didn't think we'd do a thread for this week, but they practiced today and Kubiak said stuff, so ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Aqib Talib (back) is practicing. He's expected to return after the bye, as we reported Sunday. Derek Wolfe, Matt Paradis not practicing.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

Trevor Siemian not practicing-- watching with helmet on. #9sports

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 53m53 minutes ago

Aqib Talib being out there was a great sign for his recovery. No Derek Wolfe today, as expected; Broncos hope he's out there next week.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian did light throwing today. Left shoulder should benefit from the rest. Talib did practice. He has said he will play Nov. 27

I wondered if they'd rest him some...I'm sure a specific segment of the fanbase will get excited and assume this is a sign of a change coming...it's not. His shoulder has been bothering him and even though it's non-throwing I do feel like it has impacted his play.

Great to hear about Talib! Hopefully Wolfe gets back soon too.

Freyaka
11-15-2016, 04:01 PM

The hip looked good on Sunday! Hopefully we see that kind of play out him going forward. It'll really help Trevor.

Simple Jaded
11-15-2016, 10:45 PM
They benched the wrong OLman, especially for Sampro, which is exactly what Tom Nalen said. The problem is the interior three.

Valar Morghulis
11-15-2016, 11:17 PM
They benched the wrong OLman, especially for Sampro, which is exactly what Tom Nalen said. The problem is the interior three.

I blame paradis

Simple Jaded
11-15-2016, 11:27 PM
I blame paradis

Me too...I mean, I love Boise too.

Simple Jaded
11-15-2016, 11:29 PM
Joking aside, Nalen said his only issue with Paradis not practicing and that it's hurting his team because they're not working together.

NightTerror218
11-15-2016, 11:44 PM

How if they are typically our top graded OL?

Simple Jaded
11-15-2016, 11:54 PM
How if they are typically our top graded OL?

I don't think Nalen cares.

NightTerror218
11-15-2016, 11:57 PM
I don't think Nalen cares.

Lol very true.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2016, 12:08 AM
Lol very true.

To be fair, his issue with Paradis isn't performance, it's the his injury is killing any chance of building continuity with his line mates. He says Schofield is doing well in the run but not Pass Pro. Garcia has been the worst starting OL all season, imo, Nalen thinks that maybe he was more comfortable being the backup at both G's at this point.

"There are much more deserving lineman to be benched. Stephenson is the wrong guy at the wrong time".

Personally, I think Garcia should be the swing G/C, they can get away with just seven game day OL that way. Start Sampoop somewhere. Ferentz playing for an injured Paradis is scary to me, he would just be that Sixth OL in Jumbo if it were up to me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2016, 10:24 PM
I blame paradis

Me too...I mean, I love Boise too.
I'm watching you two; always watching....

Simple Jaded
11-18-2016, 04:36 AM
I like Gingers.

Joel
11-19-2016, 03:46 AM
I'm watching you two; always watching....
Who's the bigger perv: The perv, or the perv who watches him...?

Valar Morghulis
11-19-2016, 03:58 AM
Who's the bigger perv: The perv, or the perv who watches him...?

Answer = Al

tripp
11-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Anyone else extremely nervous for tomorrow's off day?

Simple Jaded
11-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Anyone else extremely nervous for tomorrow's off day?

I hereby unjinx your jinx.

Knock on wood.

Traveler
11-19-2016, 02:26 PM
If the play at G is so horrendous, what does that say about Connor McGovern? He's been a healthy scratch for several games. Methinks this OL issue will get worse before it gets better. Only gets better when they acquire more talent and better coaching this off-season. For all the great moves Elway & Company have done, the OL seems to be the area where we see the least growth and improvement.

Lynch12
11-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Elway just has to draft good o line guys, sambrailo was the highest pick but a bad bad bad pick, dude has no talentI, and can't just out physical guys at all right now. Id love to use iur first two picks on tackles.

Simple Jaded
11-19-2016, 03:21 PM
If the play at G is so horrendous, what does that say about Connor McGovern? He's been a healthy scratch for several games. Methinks this OL issue will get worse before it gets better. Only gets better when they acquire more talent and better coaching this off-season. For all the great moves Elway & Company have done, the OL seems to be the area where we see the least growth and improvement.

Kubiak's former OL coach is on the staff that's sure to get gutted in J-Ville, John Benton. Chris Kuper would be a nice story as an assistant OL coach, he's a quality control coach with Gase in Miami. Pipe Dream would be Greg Roman taking a position coach job (he's coached OL before) and try to get these guys to be more physical at the point of attack, diversifying the running game and maybe getting some more advanced Pass Pro protections/concepts.

Point is, I think a total revamp in OL is necessary. I don't think Barone has accomplished much in Denver.

Joel
11-20-2016, 05:03 AM
Elway just has to draft good o line guys, sambrailo was the highest pick but a bad bad bad pick, dude has no talentI, and can't just out physical guys at all right now. Id love to use iur first two picks on tackles.
That's because he was drafted at the very end of the 2nd round (we were defending AFC Champs, after all; it was practically a high THIRD round pick.) Precisely BECAUSE protecting the passer's so critical in the passers league, good OTs don't last that long. Again, there were no less than EIGHT other OTs drafted before Sambrailo; exactly what did Elway think would be left at that point? There are good Gs to be had there (e.g. Atlantas) but OTs? Forget it.

Joel
11-20-2016, 05:15 AM
A big problem with our Gs (especially Garcia) is that they're young players getting schooled by savvy vets, and Clancy Barone's not coaching them up to fix that. They're not getting blown up at the point of attack, but stunts routinely leave them out of position chasing their tails, and the whole NFL knows it. But that's not a problem a late round rookie like McGovern can fix; developmentally, he's probably about where Garcia was LAST year.

It's no coincidence the Broncos interior linemen who consistently grades out the highest is also the one who's a bit underpowered but been playing and starting the longest. Unfortunately, "playing and starting the longest" just means he was on our 2014 PS and promoted to starter Opening Day 2015. Garcia didn't take over from Mathis till last years playoffs (and not permanently even then) and Sambrailo had played all of THREE games before in and out of the lineup with injuries this year.

I'm not optimistic about any of them: Elway likes to draft OTs where most people draft Gs, and Gs where most people draft third string RBs, while even former studs like Vasquez, Mathis and Okung have regressed under Barone even when healthy. I'm just saying swapping one late round second year players for late round rookies would only make the situation WORSE, not better. It mirrors our QB situation in that regard.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Sampro is a G.

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Sampro is a G.

A gangsta?

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 03:03 PM
A gangsta?

I think that's a Straight up G, as the young kids say.

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I think that's a Straight up G, as the young kids say.

You're my original g

Poet
11-20-2016, 04:07 PM
This is hell.

Joel
11-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Sampro is a G.
Yeah: Because he sucked so bad at OT, which is what we drafted him as and tried to make him until he got hurt (which didn't take long.) You know this.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah: Because he sucked so bad at OT, which is what we drafted him as and tried to make him until he got hurt (which didn't take long.) You know this.

Tore his shoulder pulling on a run play in which he didn't block anyone. That's Martin Gramatica funny.

Joel
11-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Tore his shoulder pulling on a run play in which he didn't block anyone. That's Martin Gramatica funny.
Elbow, I thought. I still think Hillman rammed him from the rear. I'd like to say that was one tackle he DID break, but no, he still crumpled to the turf.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2016, 11:01 PM
Elbow, I thought. I still think Hillman rammed him from the rear. I'd like to say that was one tackle he DID break, but no, he still crumpled to the turf.

His elbow was in preseason, I'm talking about last season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2016, 12:58 AM
His elbow was in preseason, I'm talking about last season.

Last season was the shoulder, which was caused by Hillman shoving him from behind. It was Ronnie's best stiff arm of the year.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Last season was the shoulder, which was caused by Hillman shoving him from behind. It was Ronnie's best stiff arm of the year.

Standby.

Simple Jaded
11-21-2016, 01:55 AM
No, I think he hurt himself on one of his earlier whiffs, at 8:30 left him the 2nd qtr. Drives for the S's feet with his arm extended and lands on his armpit. Gets up holding his arm...injures it again with 14:00 left in the 4th. Still hasn't blocked anybody. Leaves game a couple plays later.

underrated29
11-21-2016, 01:58 AM

For the record it was his shoulder, labrum to be exact. I know as I just recently had that same surgery myself.

Also, I hope to find this quote above about Hillman rammin him from the rear. It's going in my sig when I get a computer.

Joel
11-21-2016, 05:39 AM
For the record it was his shoulder, labrum to be exact. I know as I just recently had that same surgery myself.
Fair enough; google says the elbow was this year, not last.

Also, I hope to find this quote above about Hillman rammin him from the rear. It's going in my sig when I get a computer.
Yeah, I first wrote "hit him from behind," but didn't think that was graphic enough. ;)

Freyaka
11-21-2016, 11:34 AM
I still think Hillman rammed him from the rear.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)