PDA

View Full Version : Hey, why be good when you can be lucky?

Poet
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Just another piece of proof that shows the Patriots are as lucky as they are good. On fourth down Tom Brady gets stuffed but a last second Raven timeout saves them. They should have lost and Raven stupidity saves them. The next time around they fail again but a last second time out by their team saves them. Then later on that drive the Ravens get an iffy call and the Patriots are in business. Then the Patriots get a gift when they get the catch by Gaffney ruled a catch. Why do I call that a gift you ask? Simple, that was a borderline call. If it was ruled a no catch then the refs couldn't overturn it. But there was not enough evidence to have it not be called a catch. I mean hey, they are a great team, and they got lucky.

Broncos Mtnman
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Luck, and refs who are all swept up by the hype.

It's looking more and more like the year the Steelers won. If there's any shadow of a doubt on a call, the refs will side with the Pats all the way.

There were several "ticky-tack" calls in that game. Even Jaws commented on petty defensive calls.

The Ravens deserved the loss. You can't give the ball to Brady 4 times in a row in the 4th quarter. Those consecutive 3 and outs gave him too many chances.

But the crappy calls and the luck are clearly the only way that last drive was sustained.

Man I hate the Pats!!

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Luck, and refs who are all swept up by the hype.

It's looking more and more like the year the Steelers won. If there's any shadow of a doubt on a call, the refs will side with the Pats all the way.

There were several "ticky-tack" calls in that game. Even Jaws commented on petty defensive calls.

The Ravens deserved the loss. You can't give the ball to Brady 4 times in a row in the 4th quarter. Those consecutive 3 and outs gave him too many chances.

But the crappy calls and the luck are clearly the only way that last drive was sustained.

Man I hate the Pats!!

Been that way for years. What I find funny is that Brady failed several times when he was supposed to be "TEH BEST QB EVAR". He failed to convert the fourth down when he was running. He failed to throw a good ball on that TD and had a fifty fifty split shot at the ball being called a score. The guy wouldn't even be anything more then a crappy version of Jim Kelly if it wasn't for Adam V.

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
The wheels on the bus go round and round .... the wheels on the bus go .... hey! that wheel just fell off. The wheels on the bus go .... another wheel.

Ravens having to contain their own players.

Ravens trying to get into a fistfight with a referee.

Ravens defense fighting with coaches.

Raven that tried to fight a referee fighting with other coaches.

The wheels on that Ravens bus sure look like they are falling off. Couldn't happen to a nicer team :D:dancing::proud:

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
The wheels on the bus go round and round .... the wheels on the bus go .... hey! that wheel just fell off. The wheels on the bus go .... another wheel.

Ravens having to contain their own players.

Ravens trying to get into a fistfight with a referee.

Ravens defense fighting with coaches.

Raven that tried to fight a referee fighting with other coaches.

The wheels on that Ravens bus sure look like they are falling off. Couldn't happen to a nicer team :D:dancing::proud:

I have seen players on all teams have to contain their own players.

If he wanted to fight the ref he would have. He had ample time to swing on the ref before his teammates got there.

I can't blame the players, their coaches are the worst in the league or close.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't hate on a team just because Modell took them to a place to play CR.

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Don't hate on a team just because Modell took them to a place to play CR.

I hate the Ravens for a lot more reasons than that.

First off they are basically all punks. They are the Raiders of the East Coast.

Bunch of punks - all of them. Even created through a punkish way. The Ravens - they are like that Uncle that your family wants nothing to do with because he's such a low-life punk. That's the Ravens.

That's why, a team falling apart and collapsing on itself - on national television.

It couldn't happen to a better team - there is no team more deserving than them.

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I hate the Ravens for a lot more reasons than that.

First off they are basically all punks. They are the Raiders of the East Coast.

Bunch of punks - all of them. Even created through a punkish way. The Ravens - they are like that Uncle that your family wants nothing to do with because he's such a low-life punk. That's the Ravens.

That's why, a team falling apart and collapsing on itself - on national television.

It couldn't happen to a better team - there is no team more deserving than them.

A punk, kinda like Kellen Winslow? You know the SOULJA?!?!??!

You keep calling them punks, which is fine but I need something to reply to man. Give me something with some sustenance CR.

I would argue that Cheatriots deserve that.

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 12:44 AM
My favorite play of the game is when Scott threw the flag in the crowd. :lol:

But you cant be undefeated without having Some luck.
Good teams find a way to win.

I wish Denver was half of what the Pats was.

I'd take 6-6 right now :rockon:

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 12:45 AM
A punk, kinda like Kellen Winslow? You know the SOULJA?!?!??!

You keep calling them punks, which is fine but I need something to reply to man. Give me something with some sustenance CR.

I would argue that Cheatriots deserve that.

Kellen Winslow when he made that comment he was in College and there was a certain player going after his knees trying to hurt him.

Winslow made that "Soulja" comment when he was quite angry. People say stupid things when they are angry. Winslow was extremely angry at the time he said that. Me, if I was him I would have just said that "_____ is a punk and is trying to hurt me. He was going after my legs."

Instead he made a comment that "It was a warzone and he was a friggin' Soldier."

he didn't say it to demean soldiers or anything like that. He said it, poorly, as a means to say that a certain player was trying to cut him short. His career - rather than his life though. It's a big leap. But still, it is his livelihood.

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Kellen Winslow when he made that comment he was in College and there was a certain player going after his knees trying to hurt him.

Winslow made that "Soulja" comment when he was quite angry. People say stupid things when they are angry. Winslow was extremely angry at the time he said that. Me, if I was him I would have just said that "_____ is a punk and is trying to hurt me. He was going after my legs."

Instead he made a comment that "It was a warzone and he was a friggin' Soldier."

he didn't say it to demean soldiers or anything like that. He said it, poorly, as a means to say that a certain player was trying to cut him short. His career - rather than his life though. It's a big leap. But still, it is his livelihood.

Sorry, some things will make you be ridiculed forever. I will say that he has matured a lot. I still root for him on the simple fact that he came back from the motorcycle issue.

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Soulja Boy :rockon: