PDA

View Full Version : Broncos control their own destiny.

CrazyHorse
11-14-2016, 01:09 AM
As unlikely as it is if they win out they'll end up with a 13-3 record and the first seed with home field. It would still be possible for the Patriots and Raiders to finish at 13-3. The Broncos would own the head to head tie breaker over the Patriots. The tiebreaker for the Raiders would likely come down to strength of victory which would likely be in the Broncos favor. I doubt it would happen but it's something to think about.

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Not holding my breath on that one lol. That would be a gargantuan feat.

Do we know for sure we'd beat the Raiders in the SOV tiebreak though? We'd probably need help there, hence we don't totally control our own destiny. Getting help from those other teams to shift SOV into our favor would be the difference in the 1 and 5 seed, so that would be pretty huge.

CrazyHorse
11-14-2016, 01:22 AM

Do we know for sure we'd beat the Raiders in the SOV tiebreak though? We'd probably need help there, hence we don't totally control our own destiny. Getting help from those other teams to shift SOV into our favor would be the difference in the 1 and 5 seed, so that would be pretty huge.

Broncos can still win the division but it's starting to look more likely they'll be a wild card. In the above scenario it would come down to the records of the Patriots and Bengals against the Ravens and Bills. Broncos would have also swept the Chiefs whereas the Raiders split. I'm not keeping my hopes up but either way the Broncos have outperformed most pundits expectations thus far.

Northman
11-14-2016, 06:10 AM

Tough task but as with every year the Broncos control their own fate.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2016, 06:57 AM
No shit.

CrazyHorse
11-14-2016, 05:54 PM
No shit.

They didn't as of last week. You can thank the Seahawks for that.

Tned
11-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Yep, they might not take advantage, but it's great when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny

Freyaka
11-15-2016, 11:43 AM
For everyone worried about the raiders, it's just as unlikely that they win out. The chiefs, bills, Panthers and Colts are imo capable of beating them (doesn't mean they will)

CrazyHorse
11-30-2016, 01:50 AM
At this point clinching a playoff berth is more important. To get the first seed and home field the Broncos would have to win out. Cheats, Chefs, and Fade would have to all drop one game with the Fade being against a divisional opponent. I think the Falcons can beat the Chiefs in Atlanta and the Dolphins could beat the Patriots in Miami. Raiders loss would most likely come at Arrowhead. The hardest thing would definitely be winning out, but this team is certainly capable.

Joel
11-30-2016, 03:14 AM
At this point clinching a playoff berth is more important. To get the first seed and home field the Broncos would have to win out. Cheats, Chefs, and Fade would have to all drop one game with the Fade being against a divisional opponent. I think the Falcons can beat the Chiefs in Atlanta and the Dolphins could beat the Patriots in Miami. Raiders loss would most likely come at Arrowhead. The hardest thing would definitely be winning out, but this team is certainly capable.
It's certainly not; the line's as much a train wreck as ever, and three of our remaining five are against the Cheats and a pair of division rivals who've already beaten us once (one of them in our house on a night Siemian played very well.) I think we win one of those games, maybe even two, but ALL of them, against opponents with just as much at stake? No way. So yeah, clinching a playoff berth's more important: Because even if we handle the Jags and Titans we'll still need to win (at least) one of those other three to earn a wildcard berth.

MOtorboat
11-30-2016, 04:04 AM
That is a very optimistic statement. I approve.

Northman
11-30-2016, 04:10 AM
The magic number for the Broncos is still 3 at this point. If they can finish 10-6 they have a pretty good shot at the postseason.

MOtorboat
11-30-2016, 04:31 AM
The magic number for the Broncos is still 3 at this point. If they can finish 10-6 they have a pretty good shot at the postseason.

They will finish 11-5.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 08:03 AM
They will finish 11-5.

They'll finish 12-4

Tned
11-30-2016, 08:33 AM
I'm normally up for making predictions, but I can see these team going anywhere from winning out to only winning one or two remaining games. I don't thing winning out is beyond the realm of possibility and could see it. They should beat Tenn and Jax.

If the defense can re-find their dominant ways, they have had Brady's number, and can shut down Oakland, that leaves the Broncos winning in KC, which doesn't happen too often in December at Arrowhead.

On the other hand, I know the Broncos have done their fair share of sweeping division foes of late, but in general, that's always consider a big challenge. So, do we think it's likely that KC will sweep the Broncos. Not only that, even as bad as the defense was in the second half and the offense was in the first half, but for the special teams blunders, the Broncos would have easily beaten KC.

So, I think all five games are winnable, which means winning all five is a possibility. That said, as inconsistent as this team is, I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they won only two of those remaining five. If I was putting money down, I would probably lay it on three or four more wins.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm normally up for making predictions, but I can see these team going anywhere from winning out to only winning one or two remaining games. I don't thing winning out is beyond the realm of possibility and could see it. They should beat Tenn and Jax.

If the defense can re-find their dominant ways, they have had Brady's number, and can shut down Oakland, that leaves the Broncos winning in KC, which doesn't happen too often in December at Arrowhead.

On the other hand, I know the Broncos have done their fair share of sweeping division foes of late, but in general, that's always consider a big challenge. So, do we think it's likely that KC will sweep the Broncos. Not only that, even as bad as the defense was in the second half and the offense was in the first half, but for the special teams blunders, the Broncos would have easily beaten KC.

So, I think all five games are winnable, which means winning all five is a possibility. That said, as inconsistent as this team is, I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they won only two of those remaining five. If I was putting money down, I would probably lay it on three or four more wins.

I think we need one solid and complete game to build confidence and get some momentum going. I think Jacksonville is that game. If we don't win out, I don't think this team is going to have enough steam going into the playoffs to be a threat to anyone.

Valar Morghulis
11-30-2016, 08:54 AM
I think we need one solid and complete game to build confidence and get some momentum going. I think Jacksonville is that game. If we don't win out, I don't think this team is going to have enough steam going into the playoffs to be a threat to anyone.

I'd rather be hot in the play offs than going into them.

I think this team has the experience, and big game smarts to step it up in January..... More so than the johnny come lately raiders or cowboys. We just need to get there, if that means backing in, so be it.

NightTerror218
11-30-2016, 10:48 AM
If playoffs started today we would bot make the cut. Wildcards go to chiefs and dolphins. We are currently on the outside looking in.

Lynch12
11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
The Broncos are not winnijg out to go 12-4 just like they didn't win out to go 13-3 as you thought. The Broncos are very likely to end up 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Lynch will be starting by week 13 once we lose to the jags this weekend.

Valar Morghulis
11-30-2016, 01:13 PM
The Broncos are not winnijg out to go 12-4 just like they didn't win out to go 13-3 as you thought. The Broncos are very likely to end up 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Lynch will be starting by week 13 once we lose to the jags this weekend.

Is the world flat?

Northman
11-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Is the world flat?

:lol:

Joel
11-30-2016, 01:18 PM
So you're saying Lynch will go 1-3 down the stretch, finishing 1-4 for the year? Cementing his role as starter in place of the bum who went only 8-3?

Lynch12
11-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Once lynch is inserted he will go 2-1 the rest of the way. Putting Denver at 9 wins. As he prepares for a SB run next year.

Lynch12
11-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Is the world flat?

Clearly it's not.

Valar Morghulis
11-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Clearly it's not.

Any thoughts on the Israelis or the Jewish diaspora?

Lynch12
11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Any thoughts on the Israelis or the Jewish diaspora?

What are you searching for?

Tned
11-30-2016, 02:18 PM

blah, blah, blah, Lynch is great, Lynch is great, blah, blah, blah...

Tned
11-30-2016, 02:20 PM
So you're saying Lynch will go 1-3 down the stretch, finishing 1-4 for the year? Cementing his role as starter in place of the bum who went only 8-3?

I don't think they teach math or reasoning skills at Memphis...

Tned
11-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Once lynch is inserted he will go 2-1 the rest of the way. Putting Denver at 9 wins. As he prepares for a SB run next year.

Ok, if he's put in week 13 (this Sunday against the Jags), and goes 2-1, what happens in the Broncos other two games? Are you anticipating him being benched two of the five remaining games after he becomes the starter this week?

Lynch12
11-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Your math is busted, week 13 will be 3 games left for Paxton. He will go 2-2 possibly 3-0.

Canmore
11-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Your math is busted, week 13 will be 3 games left for Paxton. He will go 2-2 possibly 3-0.

Mensa is calling.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 02:47 PM

Are you stupid? there are 17 weeks in the season and we've already had our bye.

Canmore
11-30-2016, 02:49 PM

Yes he really is.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Yes he really is.

In another thread the genius is claiming we started this season 5-0....We started 4-0 and lost in week 5 thanks to his buddy Paxton's terrible QB play.

Tned
11-30-2016, 03:18 PM

And, even if you gave him the benefit of the doubt (hasn't earned it) and figure he meant Lynch would take over for the Broncos 13th game (after Jags as he said, which would be week 14), then it's still a fail, because then it would be four games left, not three.

If it was P&R I would make a comment about the educations system these kids are being subjected to.

Tned
11-30-2016, 03:22 PM
In another thread the genius is claiming we started this season 5-0....We started 4-0 and lost in week 5 thanks to his buddy Paxton's terrible QB play.

No, no, NO!!!! He's already said that's only because the tackles were so horrible and it isn't on Lynch. I think he counts that as a win, because if Lynch was playing behind Okung and Stephenson, then it would clearly have been a win and Lynch would have been the Fedex Air AND ground player of the week.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 04:39 PM
And, even if you gave him the benefit of the doubt (hasn't earned it) and figure he meant Lynch would take over for the Broncos 13th game (after Jags as he said, which would be week 14), then it's still a fail, because then it would be four games left, not three.

If it was P&R I would make a comment about the educations system these kids are being subjected to.

P&R or not...that's some common core level crap right there...

BroncoJoe
11-30-2016, 05:06 PM

Talk about busted math...

Jeez.

Tned
11-30-2016, 05:19 PM
P&R or not...that's some common core level crap right there...

This is why I have poodles. The heartbreak of modern yutes is too much for me to except.

Tned
11-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Talk about busted math...

Jeez.

Which part:

3 games left after week 13?
Going 2-2 in those three games?
Going 3-0 in a span of games where he might also go 2-2?

:confused:

:popcorn:

BroncoJoe
11-30-2016, 05:33 PM
Which part:

All of the above.

No offense to Pudge, but this dude is not very bright. In fact, he's well below average on the intelligence curve.

Freyaka
11-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Which part:

Yes

FanInAZ
11-30-2016, 06:36 PM

You haven't taken into account that we are almost certain to lose the tie break to both the Raiders & Chiefs.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2016-REG&split=Overall

Right now, we are 1-3 vs. the AFCW, so 3 wins is the best we can achieve by winning out. The Raiders are 2-1. Wins against the Chiefs, as you have predicted, and the Chargers gives them 4 wins and the tie break. They'd then have to lose to both the Bills & Colts for us to in the division outright.

Let's say that the Chargers do beat the Raiders while they still beat the Chiefs, then we move on to the next tie breaker, conference record. We are 4-3 right now, so 9 wins is the most we can get. The Raiders are 6-1. Them beating the Chief, but losing to the Chargers makes them 7-2. We would still need the Bills or Colts to beat them in order to prevent them from getting their 9th conference win so we can then move on to the next tie braker.

If the Chiefs (who are already 3-0 vs the AFCW) beat the Raiders or Chargers, then it will give them their 4th divisional win & the tie break. Simply put, we might as well consider ourselves 3 games behind the Raiders & 2 behind the Chiefs due to the high probability of the tiebreaks going against us.

FanInAZ
11-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Which part:

The Raiders of OR, we've got this guy :rolleyes:

NightTerror218
11-30-2016, 06:49 PM
It will basically take the raider losing out and us wining out with a couple chief losses for us to win division.

CrazyHorse
11-30-2016, 10:56 PM
You haven't taken into account that we are almost certain to lose the tie break to both the Raiders & Chiefs.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2016-REG&split=Overall

Right now, we are 1-3 vs. the AFCW, so 3 wins is the best we can achieve by winning out. The Raiders are 2-1. Wins against the Chiefs, as you have predicted, and the Chargers gives them 4 wins and the tie break. They'd then have to lose to both the Bills & Colts for us to in the division outright.

Let's say that the Chargers do beat the Raiders while they still beat the Chiefs, then we move on to the next tie breaker, conference record. We are 4-3 right now, so 9 wins is the most we can get. The Raiders are 6-1. Them beating the Chief, but losing to the Chargers makes them 7-2. We would still need the Bills or Colts to beat them in order to prevent them from getting their 9th conference win so we can then move on to the next tie braker.

If the Chiefs (who are already 3-0 vs the AFCW) beat the Raiders or Chargers, then it will give them their 4th divisional win & the tie break. Simply put, we might as well consider ourselves 3 games behind the Raiders & 2 behind the Chiefs due to the high probability of the tiebreaks going against us.

As long as the Raiders lose to the Chiefs or Chargers and we beat them the best they finish in the division and conference is 3-3 and 9-3 respectively. That record would be identical to the Broncos if they win out. Win percentage in common games which would also be the same (Sweep the AFC South, Sweep the NFC South sans Atlanta and a split in the division). Strength of victory would determine the division so basically the combined records of the Patriots and Bengals vs the Bills and the Ravens as the rest would be the same. If the Chiefs finish 12-4 they would automatically own the tiebreaker with at worst a 5-1 divisional record.

Tned
11-30-2016, 10:59 PM
I've been thinking about the remaining games, and I really believe the Broncos have a good shot at going 5-2 in the remaining five games.

Joel
12-01-2016, 01:36 AM
I've been thinking about the remaining games, and I really believe the Broncos have a good shot at going 5-2 in the remaining five games.Such a pessimist: If we don't win at LEAST 6 of our last 5 this team is dead to me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2016, 01:44 AM
Such a pessimist: If we don't win at LEAST 6 of our last 5 this team is dead to me.

Every analytIc knows the numbers should both be even. 6 of 4 is the benchmark.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2016, 01:49 AM
Where's the "Broncos don't control their own destiny" thread?

FanInAZ
12-01-2016, 01:55 AM

According to alternative math, we still do.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 08:24 AM
According to alternative math, we still do.

If we go by conventional math we're screwed, but when going by common core math, we are able to grab destiny by it's haunches and control it! Common Core FTW!

Tned
12-01-2016, 08:36 AM
Every analytIc knows the numbers should both be even. 6 of 4 is the benchmark.

Such a pessimist: If we don't win at LEAST 6 of our last 5 this team is dead to me.

You guys are right, I'm just not being optimistic enough. Surely we can win 8 of the next 5!! Games. Damn, we could have a 16 win season when it's all said an done. See, who needed that damn tie!!

Joel
12-01-2016, 11:35 AM
You guys are right, I'm just not being optimistic enough. Surely we can win 8 of the next 5!! Games. Damn, we could have a 16 win season when it's all said an done. See, who needed that damn tie!!
Well, but that's just another way to get there: 32 ties=16 wins. Because Math.

Lynch12
12-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Sub 500 is sub 500, 4-0 5-0 doesn't matter the broncos have lost more games than they have won since being 4-0, just facts. In that stretch Trevor and the team has been trending down in every way including wins and losses. I like how morons rather focus on 4-0 vs 5-0 over the fact that the team is 2-5 in there last 7 games lol.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Sub 500 is sub 500, 4-0 5-0 doesn't matter the broncos have lost more games than they have won since being 4-0, just facts. In that stretch Trevor and the team has been trending down in every way including wins and losses. I like how morons rather focus on 4-0 vs 5-0 over the fact that the team is 2-5 in there last 7 games lol.

Actually, they're 3-4 in their last 7 games. And, the losing "streak" was started by your boy, Mr. Lynch.

You really suck at this.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Man your math is like pathetic dude....How can we be 2-5 over the last 7 games if we're 7-4 on the season? That doesn't compute brainiac We are 3-4 over the last 7 games and Trevor is 3-3 over the last 6 games while Paxton is 0-1...

The education system has severely failed you...

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Actually, they're 3-4 in their last 7 games. And, the losing "streak" was started by your boy, Mr. Lynch.

You really suck at this.

Thinking is hard man.....

BroncoJoe
12-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Man your math is like pathetic dude....How can we be 2-5 over the last 7 games if we're 7-4 on the season? That doesn't compute brainiac We are 3-4 over the last 7 games and Trevor is 3-3 over the last 6 games while Paxton is 0-1...

The education system has severely failed you...

Not only that, but he doesn't know the difference between their, there and they're.

He's not too smart. I'd recommend he gets held back a year and repeat 8th grade. Either that, or the 12 in his user name represents his IQ.

Lynch12
12-01-2016, 03:41 PM

You really suck at this.

You are a complete waste of time.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 03:46 PM

Because we are capable of recognizing the Broncos actual record instead of getting it wrong multiple times? Because we know how many weeks are remaining in the season? Or because we don't think (I use that term loosely in reference to you) the same way you do about Mr Lynch?

BroncoJoe
12-01-2016, 04:18 PM

LOL. That's rich.

How about you start by posting actual factual things and stop making shit up?

That'd be a good start, but we'd still think of you as the red-headed step child.

FanInAZ
12-01-2016, 05:33 PM

:pound:

Tned
12-01-2016, 05:56 PM
:pound:

:rofl:

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 06:24 PM

I would say that you are a waste of time too, but I enjoy pointing out your idiocy....

Northman
12-01-2016, 07:34 PM
I knew it! I discovered Lynch12's identity.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/560e993c9dd7cc22008becdd-480/mark-davis-raiders-owner.jpg

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 07:40 PM
I knew it! I discovered Lynch12's identity.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/560e993c9dd7cc22008becdd-480/mark-davis-raiders-owner.jpg

Give Mark Davis a break...even he doesn't deserve to be compared to that troll...

Lynch12
12-01-2016, 11:03 PM
LOL. That's rich.

How about you start by posting actual factual things and stop making shit up?

That'd be a good start, but we'd still think of you as the red-headed step child.

How about the Broncos are playing SUB .500 football since starting 4-0, do you not recognize that shit?

Lynch12
12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
I would say that you are a waste of time too, but I enjoy pointing out your idiocy....

Did you really reply to the same post twice with in minutes? You are extremely thirsty for my attention lmao.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
How about the Broncos are playing SUB .500 football since starting 4-0, do you not recognize that shit?

3-3 for one QB 0-1 for the other...Only one QB on the roster has a sub .500 record.

Freyaka
12-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Did you really reply to the same post twice with in minutes? You are extremely thirsty for my attention lmao.

It's amazing how often you, a pot, call kettles black...You must be some sort of racist against kettles or something.

CrazyHorse
12-02-2016, 01:23 AM

16-4 is possible if you count playoffs...

CrazyHorse
12-02-2016, 01:24 AM
I should probably change that huh.

3-3 for one QB 0-1 for the other...Only one QB on the roster has a sub .500 record.

7-3 vs 0-1.

Tned
12-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 08:26 AM
I should probably change that huh.

7-3 vs 0-1.

I'm replying to his comments about since starting 4-0 (since he finally managed to get that right...He's been saying we started 5-0 and then have lost 5 games since)

Dapper Dan
12-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Lynch12 controls his own destiny here.

Freyaka
12-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Lynch12 controls his own destiny here.

I predict an early termination of his contract with the boards.

Tned
12-02-2016, 07:11 PM
I predict an early termination of his contract with the boards.

I think five of his next three posts will be his best.

CrazyHorse
12-04-2016, 03:32 AM
This is pretty neat. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/400874715~1~400874724~2~400874723~2~400874717~1~40 0874725~1~400874718~2~400874726~1~400874719~1~4008 74727~1~400874720~1~400874728~2~400874721~1~400874 729~1~400874722~1~400874428~1~400874611~1~40087449 7~1~400874617~1~400874504~1~400874621~1~400874552~ 1~400874550~2~400874556~2~400874627~1~400874559~1~ 400874651~1~400874563~1~400874656~1~400874568~2~40 0874661~2~400874667~2~400874687~2~400874673~1~4008 74688~2~400874678~1~400874689~1~400874679~2~400874 710~2~400874681~2~400874711~1~400874683~2~40087471 2~1~400874685~2~400874714~1~400874686~2~400874716~ 2~400874485~1~400874540~1~400874489~1~400874546~2~ 400874513~1~400874571~2~400874516~2~400874575~2~40 0874521~1~400874579~2~400874523~1~400874583~2~4008 74528~1~400874585~2~400874534~1~400874588~2~400874 606~2~400874643~2~400874608~1~400874645~1~40087463 1~1~400874647~1~400874632~1~400874690~2~400874635~ 2~400874692~1~400874637~2~400874694~1~400874639~2~ 400874696~1~400874642~1~400874699~1

Joel
12-04-2016, 04:43 AM
This is pretty neat. You misspelled "unrealistic." It stands to reason we could still be #1 seed even with losses to Jax AND Tennessee if neither NE*, Oakland NOR KC won ANY more games except the one where KC beat Oakland. Yet even if we beat all three I'm pretty sure they could manage to scrounge a pair of wins in a dozen games.

It's an amusing fantasy, but that's all.

CrazyHorse
12-04-2016, 02:34 PM
You misspelled "unrealistic." It stands to reason we could still be #1 seed even with losses to Jax AND Tennessee if neither NE*, Oakland NOR KC won ANY more games except the one where KC beat Oakland. Yet even if we beat all three I'm pretty sure they could manage to scrounge a pair of wins in a dozen games.

It's an amusing fantasy, but that's all.

LOL. I picked win % as the criteria and switched all the teams.