PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 10

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:24 PM
What an unbelievable game/finish. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Here goes...

Good:

Stewart - Has to be the player of the game. 3 huge turnovers that saved our bacon on defense.

DT - Offensive player of the game for sure. Just made some amazing catches today.

Simmons/Parks - Game saving XP block and return...unbelievable.

Von - Ho hum another great game for him. No sacks but made some big plays.

Norwood - He made a couple of really key catches today.

Roby - Made the huge strip late in the game.

Bad:

Siemian - Dude is not good. We were fortunate to win today in spite of his performance.

O-line - Another stellar effort from them.

Short yardage running - The sneaks were awesome, then we went away from it and didn't convert on short yardage the rest of the game.

slim
11-13-2016, 04:28 PM
I don’t think you know what stellar means.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:31 PM

I don't think you know what sarcasm is. :D

slim
11-13-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't think you know what sarcasm is. :D

It is the only thing I do know!

BigDaddyBronco
11-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Good - very few penalties

I Eat Staples
11-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I've never seen a game end like that. Blocking a PAT to hold onto the lead would be crazy enough, but to block it and return it for 2 to go from losing the game to winning it on one PAT is just ridiculously bonkers.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
I've never seen a game end like that. Blocking a PAT to hold onto the lead would be crazy enough, but to block it and return it for 2 to go from losing the game to winning it on one PAT is just ridiculously bonkers.

This is the first NFL game to ever end like that since it's a relatively new rule that you can return a blocked PAT for a score.

MOtorboat
11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
The good

Darian Stewart continues to be one of the best signings Elway has made. The turnovers were really key in this game.

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

Defense in general. I thought they had a decent game considering Drew Brees is one of the best in the game. His receivers struggled and he had some shaky moments.

Special teams. I thought the day was off to a bad, bad start with the opening kick return, but after that there was only a missed field goal. The returners were smart with it, both on deep kicks and punts. And obviously, the play that won the game was excellent. (I still question the legality of doing what Simmons did, like with what happened with the Seahawks).

The bad:

The offensive line continues to struggle and be inconsistent. There's just not much hope of any balance when they don't play well.

Emmanuel Sanders. Not used to inconsistent production/games from him, but he didn't get the ball much at all, if at all (I'm trying to remember).

Converting drives into points. This team just isn't good at doing that right now. Stewart's first two turnovers, the interceptions, turned into only three points. I get that one was deep in Denver's territory, but it's got to be better than that. The same goes for the two field goals at the end. Had a chance to get the kill and had to wait for the miracle play at the end.

Undecided:
Trevor Siemian. Up and down day. The middle of the game was just brutal, which is kind of the opposite of what we've seen this year, which is different, but I don't know if it's better. He still makes bad decisions and doesn't appear to get past his first option down the field. He holds onto the ball too long. But then he made some plays late, particularly on the drive that tied the game at 17. He made two good throws on that drive. His jump balls and fades leave a lot of question marks. Anything over 10 yards in the air is hit or miss as to whether its accurate.

I Eat Staples
11-13-2016, 04:45 PM
This is the first NFL game to ever end like that since it's a relatively new rule that you can return a blocked PAT for a score.

I was trying to think if a college game ever ended like that, but I can't think of any. I've seen blocked PATs that won the game without being returned, and blocked FGs returned for game winning TDs, but never a blocked PAT returned for 2.

It probably HAS happened at some point, though.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I was trying to think if a college game ever ended like that, but I can't think of any. I've seen blocked PATs that won the game without being returned, and blocked FGs returned for game winning TDs, but never a blocked PAT returned for 2.

It probably HAS happened at some point, though.

It didn't end this way, but the Texas-Notre Dame game this year had a sequence this year where Texas was up 4, Notre Dame scored a TD to go up 2, then they blocked the XP and returned it to tie the game.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:47 PM
The good

Darian Stewart continues to be one of the best signings Elway has made. The turnovers were really key in this game.

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

Defense in general. I thought they had a decent game considering Drew Brees is one of the best in the game. His receivers struggled and he had some shaky moments.

Special teams. I thought the day was off to a bad, bad start with the opening kick return, but after that there was only a missed field goal. The returners were smart with it, both on deep kicks and punts. And obviously, the play that won the game was excellent. (I still question the legality of doing what Simmons did, like with what happened with the Seahawks).

The bad:

The offensive line continues to struggle and be inconsistent. There's just not much hope of any balance when they don't play well.

Emmanuel Sanders. Not used to inconsistent production/games from him, but he didn't get the ball much at all, if at all (I'm trying to remember).

Converting drives into points. This team just isn't good at doing that right now. Stewart's first two turnovers, the interceptions, turned into only three points. I get that one was deep in Denver's territory, but it's got to be better than that. The same goes for the two field goals at the end. Had a chance to get the kill and had to wait for the miracle play at the end.

Undecided:
Trevor Siemian. Up and down day. The middle of the game was just brutal, which is kind of the opposite of what we've seen this year, which is different, but I don't know if it's better. He still makes bad decisions and doesn't appear to get past his first option down the field. He holds onto the ball too long. But then he made some plays late, particularly on the drive that tied the game at 17. He made two good throws on that drive. His jump balls and fades leave a lot of question marks. Anything over 10 yards in the air is hit or miss as to whether its accurate.

Sanders bad? He caught everything thrown his way and slithered his way to a few nice first downs. It's not his fault Siemian didn't get him the ball more.

I Eat Staples
11-13-2016, 04:48 PM
It didn't end this way, but the Texas-Notre Dame game this year had a sequence this year where Texas was up 4, Notre Dame scored a TD to go up 2, then they blocked the XP and returned it to tie the game.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Great game!

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 04:50 PM
For the first time I can remember the game was officiated consistently. Still think Parks went out.

This was Vinobitch's crew, I take back almost everything I said about him.

MOtorboat
Sanders bad? He caught everything thrown his way and slithered his way to a few nice first downs. It's not his fault Siemian didn't get him the ball more.

Just off memory, I don't remember him doing much, which is odd. So maybe not "bad," but I didn't think he had one of his typical games. I mean, it seems like he's good in nearly every game. He's allowed one where he's mediocre.

Tned
The good

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

The bad:

Undecided:

Sanders had five receptions on 9 targets. I thought he had a solid game. Don't recall any drops.

MOtorboat
For the first time I can remember the game was officiated consistently. Still think Parks went out.

This was Vinobitch's crew, I take back almost everything I said about him.

Manning is gone.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Just off memory, I don't remember him doing much, which is odd. So maybe not "bad," but I didn't think he had one of his typical games. I mean, it seems like he's good in nearly every game. He's allowed one where he's mediocre.

He had 5 catches for 54 yards. Not the best stats ever, but I wouldn't even call it mediocre. He made plays every time he had a chance. I remember one in particular where he was just standing wide open and Siemian threw and awful pass that he had to dive back to catch. That probably is a TD or at least gets way more yards with a better throw.

Simple Jaded
Oh yeah, I remember that. Great game!

Any game that ND gets hosed is a great game.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
This team sure likes to make things interesting. Agree with your list though I'm inclined to throw Sunshine into the good category simply because of that clutch TD reception to set the tone in the first half.

Today may have been one of, if not DT's best game as a Bronco though. Siemian threw him some tough balls and he came up with them each and every time. The guy was a total beast today.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Manning is gone.

I've always thought it was more of a P*triots thing, he's their bitch.

Northman
11-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Nothing has changed with the officiating rules. Sure, Parks looked out but the call was that he was in and it means it has to be conclusive to overturn. It wasnt conclusive. Denver wins.

MOtorboat
11-13-2016, 04:55 PM
He had 5 catches for 54 yards. Not the best stats ever, but I wouldn't even call it mediocre. He made plays every time he had a chance. I remember one in particular where he was just standing wide open and Siemian threw and awful pass that he had to dive back to catch. That probably is a TD or at least gets way more yards with a better throw.

I guess its hard for me to evaluate Sanders on that play without seeing what he would have done with the catch. I just don't feel like he made the impact that he typically does, so like I said, maybe it's not "bad" but it's not Sanders' best.

That particular play was bad, because Sanders was wide open and Siemian has to get him the ball. That's on Siemian.

slim
11-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Nothing has changed with the officiating rules. Sure, Parks looked out but the call was that he was in and it means it has to be conclusive to overturn. It wasnt conclusive. Denver wins.

It was one of those calls that would not have been changed from the call on the field....inconclusive. They handled it right.

Hawgdriver
11-13-2016, 05:10 PM
It was one of those calls that would not have been changed from the call on the field....inconclusive. They handled it right.

Line judge had perfect angle and didn't call him out. Looked like he was out, but the line judge had the best view.

slim
11-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Line judge had perfect angle and didn't call him out. Looked like he was out, but the line judge had the best view.

I was pissed at Parks for not paying attention. He didn't need to make it that close...

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 05:12 PM

No rules changed except for their application.

VonDoom
11-13-2016, 05:20 PM

I thought Sanders was just fine in this game. Two things I remember in particular that would have gotten him more stats - Siemian had a ball tipped that Sanders would have easily caught for a first down. He was hopping up and down about. And the more egregious one was when Siemian tried to force it into double coverage to Green. Sanders was literally next to Green and wide open.

MOtorboat
11-13-2016, 05:24 PM
I thought Sanders was just fine in this game. Two things I remember in particular that would have gotten him more stats - Siemian had a ball tipped that Sanders would have easily caught for a first down. He was hopping up and down about. And the more egregious one was when Siemian tried to force it into double coverage to Green. Sanders was literally next to Green and wide open.

My whole point is that Sanders doesn't get graded on plays he didn't make, even if the reason he didn't get the ball was Siemian and not himself. Those plays are null when evaluating Sanders.

Hawgdriver
11-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Great - DT and Stewart. Special teams execution of XP block.
Good - Defense
Fair - Siemian. Got beat up yet made enough plays, but accuracy concerns persist. The line didn't help him look good, but DT damned sure did.
Bad - Offensive control of LOS.

VonDoom
11-13-2016, 05:26 PM
The good -

No Fly Zone making plays. The turnovers were huge. Stewart had as good of a game as you'll see a DB play, Simmons and Parks on that last play, etc. Roby was still a little shakier than I would have liked but Talib should be back now and we'll be back to full strength.

Run defense - didn't get gashed. Solid effort by a unit that needed one.

DT - best game for him in a while. Big effort on the TD catch and other big plays.

The bad - offensive line. Cut and paste from prior weeks. Stephenson got benched he was so bad. No quick fix here, just have to hope we can be passable down the stretch. This wasn't a good defense we played and we gave up six sacks.

Inability to close out drives - we had a lot of opportunities in this game to make it a laugher and couldn't seal the deal. End of first half stands out (big swing there that came into play later), the missed FG, settling for a FG after the second Stewart INT, not converting one yard runs twice.

Siemian - I debated putting him here. He's so frustrating to watch because he has some really good moments and then some really awful ones. The line did him no favors but both interceptions were poor and that second one was nearly back breaking. Missed opportunities (see my post on Sanders above) and some brutal overthrows to no one in particular. Needs to be better if we're going to do anything in the next few weeks.

VonDoom
11-13-2016, 05:27 PM
My whole point is that Sanders doesn't get graded on plays he didn't make, even if the reason he didn't get the ball was Siemian and not himself. Those plays are null when evaluating Sanders.

Fair, but Sanders did what he was supposed to do on those plays. He didn't drop anything and it looked like his usual great effort out there. I didn't see any problem with him.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 05:35 PM
The good -

No Fly Zone making plays. The turnovers were huge. Stewart had as good of a game as you'll see a DB play, Simmons and Parks on that last play, etc. Roby was still a little shakier than I would have liked but Talib should be back now and we'll be back to full strength.

Run defense - didn't get gashed. Solid effort by a unit that needed one.

DT - best game for him in a while. Big effort on the TD catch and other big plays.

The bad - offensive line. Cut and paste from prior weeks. Stephenson got benched he was so bad. No quick fix here, just have to hope we can be passable down the stretch. This wasn't a good defense we played and we gave up six sacks.

Inability to close out drives - we had a lot of opportunities in this game to make it a laugher and couldn't seal the deal. End of first half stands out (big swing there that came into play later), the missed FG, settling for a FG after the second Stewart INT, not converting one yard runs twice.

Siemian - I debated putting him here. He's so frustrating to watch because he has some really good moments and then some really awful ones. The line did him no favors but both interceptions were poor and that second one was nearly back breaking. Missed opportunities (see my post on Sanders above) and some brutal overthrows to no one in particular. Needs to be better if we're going to do anything in the next few weeks.

Sampro goes in a RT and looks even worse, dude got beat on a 3-step drop.

OrangeHoof
11-13-2016, 05:38 PM

Stellar was that chick in "A Streetcar Named Desire."

slim
11-13-2016, 05:39 PM

Just stop

Tned
11-13-2016, 06:27 PM
This team sure likes to make things interesting. Agree with your list though I'm inclined to throw Sunshine into the good category simply because of that clutch TD reception to set the tone in the first half.

Today may have been one of, if not DT's best game as a Bronco though. Siemian threw him some tough balls and he came up with them each and every time. The guy was a total beast today.

Not every time, as he dropped a ball that was a bit low but that hit him square in the hands. Other than that really bad drop, DT had one of his best games in a very, very long time.

Tned
11-13-2016, 06:29 PM

He was the second leading receiver on the team.

Bronco4ever
11-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Derby looked pretty solid. Hopefully he will continue to contribute each game.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 07:18 PM

I mean, he caught every catchable ball thrown his way and averaged over 10 YPC. A WR can have a good game and not have the most impressive-looking statline. He can't catch balls that don't go his way.

MOtorboat
11-13-2016, 07:31 PM
I mean, he caught every catchable ball thrown his way and averaged over 10 YPC. A WR can have a good game and not have the most impressive-looking statline. He can't catch balls that don't go his way.

I just didn't think he had the impact on the game that Sanders always seems to have, despite the stat line.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Not every time, as he dropped a ball that was a bit low but that hit him square in the hands. Other than that really bad drop, DT had one of his best games in a very, very long time.

That was the Top 5 WR Demaryius Thomas.

underrated29
11-13-2016, 10:22 PM
That was the Top 5 WR Demaryius Thomas.

Dare say Elite....????

Poet
11-13-2016, 10:32 PM
DT hasn't stopped being elite. In a year where you are watching DeAndre Hopkins be wildly inconsistent and when you note, for instance, how long it's been since guys like Dez Bryant have actually produced, you start to appreciate DT more and more.

Poet
11-13-2016, 10:33 PM

Yup. #DT4Life

NightTerror218
11-13-2016, 10:43 PM
2nd half if game saints were basically blitzing every down. All DL and LB on the line of scrimmage and sending at least 5 guys each down.

Wonder if this was play calling or siemian that we did not have a play to beat this consistently in 3rd quarter.

LawDog
11-13-2016, 10:45 PM
At this moment, only the Cowboys have more wins than the Broncos in the entire league. Yet, they are in 3rd place in their division, and this is week 10 of the season. Weird, just weird.

NightTerror218
11-13-2016, 10:47 PM

That was a crappy pass not a bad drop. DT is not a WR to ho down yo ground with his size and running ability. He 2as never been that type of WR. That pass was low and hard. Siemian does not have great touch on passes.

If it were not for DTs amazing catches this game was a lose. Janovitch and booker also had great catches on poor passes. Janovitch was a key one.

Poet
11-13-2016, 10:50 PM
I watched Julio Jones jump upwards and stretch out to drop a ball that hit him square in the hands. No one cared because he laid all the way out. Sometimes it's tough just to get your ******* hands on the ball.

BroncoWave
11-13-2016, 10:51 PM
That was a crappy pass not a bad drop. DT is not a WR to ho down yo ground with his size and running ability. He 2as never been that type of WR. That pass was low and hard. Siemian does not have great touch on passes.

If it were not for DTs amazing catches this game was a lose. Janovitch and booker also had great catches on poor passes. Janovitch was a key one.

Agreed. I've been one of DT's biggest critics on his drops, but I didn't really mind the one today. It was a very low pass and would have been an impressive catch. If that's the worst drop he ever has again, I'll be ok with that.

Tned
11-13-2016, 10:55 PM

I agree that DT had some great catches, as was the one by Janovich. The kind of passes that other top tier WRs make the highlight reels with every week. Those types of catches have not been what DT has been great at. With him, it's been more his speed and YAC.

On the low pass, while agreed it was a low pass, you're reaching big time to defend DT and knock Siemian. Any WR would be expected to catch a ball that hits him in the hands, especially a $70 million man. The Virgil pass was also bad (not sure how he got hurt on that play).

No question Siemian has been inaccurate after he missed the game and a half. Looks like two different QBs (first 3.5 games vs. last 5 games) in terms of accuracy. He went from being incredibly accurate, nearly always putting the ball where it needs to be, to being very iradict. Hence the reason some of us have talked about regression.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2016, 10:55 PM
DT was a freaking monster today.

NightTerror218
11-14-2016, 12:39 AM
I agree that DT had some great catches, as was the one by Janovich. The kind of passes that other top tier WRs make the highlight reels with every week. Those types of catches have not been what DT has been great at. With him, it's been more his speed and YAC.

On the low pass, while agreed it was a low pass, you're reaching big time to defend DT and knock Siemian. Any WR would be expected to catch a ball that hits him in the hands, especially a $70 million man. The Virgil pass was also bad (not sure how he got hurt on that play).

No question Siemian has been inaccurate after he missed the game and a half. Looks like two different QBs (first 3.5 games vs. last 5 games) in terms of accuracy. He went from being incredibly accurate, nearly always putting the ball where it needs to be, to being very iradict. Hence the reason some of us have talked about regression.

I dont think it is a reach when the ball was below his knees as he is running a crossing route at full speed. I would be tooting a different horn if DT pulled up and stopped to catch the ball and he did not catch that pass.

I would never call siemian incredibly accurate but earlier in the season he was better. He is really go to getting the ball to the defender and letting them make a play on the ball. He seems to have always had issues with passes being low or behind WR. But they have been catchable but kills the YAC.

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 12:41 AM
If anything Siemian has probably made our WRs way better this year. They have had to make a ton of tough catches off of poorly thrown balls. :lol:

underrated29
11-14-2016, 12:44 AM
I watched Julio Jones jump upwards and stretch out to drop a ball that hit him square in the hands. No one cared because he laid all the way out. Sometimes it's tough just to get your ******* hands on the ball.

No one cares because that man is elite

MOtorboat
11-14-2016, 12:46 AM
NFL quarterbacks don't make wide receivers reach down to their feet to catch passes over the middle with room to run. That was an awful pass. He was wide open with room to run. DT drops a few, but that's on Siemian. No question about it.

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 12:50 AM
NFL quarterbacks don't make wide receivers reach down to their feet to catch passes over the middle with room to run. That was an awful pass. He was wide open with room to run. DT drops a few, but that's on Siemian. No question about it.

Agreed, and I'm one of DT's biggest critics for his dropped passes. Could he have caught it? Sure. But it was not a routine catch. I'd be surprised if that's even counted as a drop in the official stats.

NightTerror218
11-14-2016, 01:00 AM
Badish
Roby has been beaten deep for big plays.

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 01:05 AM
Badish

To be fair he has been thrust into the #2 CB role against two of the more elite passing teams in the league the last 2 weeks. That's a tough thing to ask a guy to do who is not used to doing that. I think he'll be fine. He still made the huge strip late in the game that we probably don't win without.

scott.475
11-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Bad: playcalling on our last offensive series of the game. Conservative playcalling, being happy to settle for 3 as early as the 1st down, on a day when Brees was doing pretty good, nearly cost us the game. That was so frustrating to me.

Tned
11-14-2016, 01:23 AM
Agreed, and I'm one of DT's biggest critics for his dropped passes. Could he have caught it? Sure. But it was not a routine catch. I'd be surprised if that's even counted as a drop in the official stats.

I would be massively surprised if that isn't a drop.

Poet
11-14-2016, 02:37 AM
To be fair he has been thrust into the #2 CB role against two of the more elite passing teams in the league the last 2 weeks. That's a tough thing to ask a guy to do who is not used to doing that. I think he'll be fine. He still made the huge strip late in the game that we probably don't win without.

If he was the corner who gave up their last TD, that was almost indefensible. Brees threw a pass that falls into the category of 'there's no defense for the perfect pass'.

Northman
11-14-2016, 06:06 AM
While at times i get frustrated by some of DT's drops yesterday was not one of them. He flat out balled yesterday and made far more incredible catches than any pass he may have dropped. And it wasnt just DT guys like Green and Janovich had to make some incredible catches because Siemian was throwing off target or low yesterday. But DT came to play yesterday without a doubt.

Tned
11-14-2016, 07:12 AM
While at times i get frustrated by some of DT's drops yesterday was not one of them. He flat out balled yesterday and made far more incredible catches than any pass he may have dropped. And it wasnt just DT guys like Green and Janovich had to make some incredible catches because Siemian was throwing off target or low yesterday. But DT came to play yesterday without a doubt.

To be clear from my point of view, I've said multiple times that DT had a great game and made multiple incredible catches (I believe two one handed). I just responded to the comment that DT didn't drop a single ball, which he did.

Northman
11-14-2016, 10:01 AM
To be clear from my point of view, I've said multiple times that DT had a great game and made multiple incredible catches (I believe two one handed). I just responded to the comment that DT didn't drop a single ball, which he did.

Yea, i wasnt pointing to anyone specifically. Just a general observation from myself whom i at times can be pretty harsh on him.

Hawgdriver
11-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Badish

Yeah, I'm putting him in good category just for the playmaking and swagger. He caused a turnover and generally had blanket coverage.

But.. I *hate* it when Roby gets beat, and he got beat at least a couple of times. Like, I take it way more personally than when other players expose their shortcomings because Roby plays so fiercely. He's not a NFZ starting cornerback yet, but I hope he gets there.

MOtorboat
11-14-2016, 12:08 PM
STATS did not count the pass to Thomas as a drop.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2016&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=1&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

Thomas had four coming out of week 9 and has 4 coming out of week 10.

capt. Jack
11-14-2016, 01:29 PM
A road win is always good. It was very entertaining to say the least!

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 01:31 PM
STATS did not count the pass to Thomas as a drop.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2016&week=100&category=RECEIVING&opp=0&sort=1&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

Thomas had four coming out of week 9 and has 4 coming out of week 10.

Chalk one up for BTB! :D

Tned
11-14-2016, 01:34 PM
Let's put right tackle in bad column:

Against Denver this week, Jordan posted a sack, a QB hit, seven QB hurries, eight tackles, and eight defensive stops. All of those marks are league-leading among edge defenders, and his performance was good enough to get Denver’s starting right tackle, Donald Stephenson, benched before Jordan set about taking Stephenson’s backup to pieces.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-de-cameron-jordan-is-lifting-new-orleans-defense/

Tned
11-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Chalk one up for BTB! :D

I would high five but I strained my finger making an obscene gesture...

BroncoWave
11-14-2016, 01:38 PM
It typically seems like they only actually count it as a drop if it's an on target pass. Similar to an error in baseball, if it would require an extra effort than what is routine to make the play, they typically don't charge it. So while he could have caught it, the extremely off target nature of the pass saves him from having it counted as a drop.

Tned
11-14-2016, 01:48 PM
It typically seems like they only actually count it as a drop if it's an on target pass. Similar to an error in baseball, if it would require an extra effort than what is routine to make the play, they typically don't charge it. So while he could have caught it, the extremely off target nature of the pass saves him from having it counted as a drop.

Makes sense.

The other side of Cameron having a monster game is that both Stephenson and Sambrailo were among the ten worst players in league this weekend.

underrated29
11-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Makes sense.

The other side of Cameron having a monster game is that both Stephenson and Sambrailo were asking the ten worst players in league this weekend.

What were they asking them?

VonDoom
11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Let's put right tackle in bad column:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-de-cameron-jordan-is-lifting-new-orleans-defense/

Stephenson is PFF's lowest rated tackle in the entire league this year. I don't think even Schofield reached those depths last year. I hope we don't bring him back next year. Gotta overhaul almost every spot on that line.

Tned
11-14-2016, 03:05 PM
What were they asking them?

Phone typo. Among, not asking.

Valar Morghulis
11-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Dare say Elite....????

Did he dive?

LawDog
11-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Makes sense.

The other side of Cameron having a monster game is that both Stephenson and Sambrailo were among the ten worst players in league this weekend.

There is cause and effect there... Unfortunately, I think Stephenson/Sambraillo were the cause and Cameron enjoyed the effect.

DenBronx
11-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Badish

Yeah, I'm putting him in good category just for the playmaking and swagger. He caused a turnover and generally had blanket coverage.

But.. I *hate* it when Roby gets beat, and he got beat at least a couple of times. Like, I take it way more personally than when other players expose their shortcomings because Roby plays so fiercely. He's not a NFZ starting cornerback yet, but I hope he gets there.

He reminds me a bit of Darren Williams. Fiesty and could make big plays but would also get beat deep.

Tned
11-14-2016, 06:30 PM
From Kubiak today:

"The reason he does make a lot of plays is because he will sit in there and get hit right in the mouth and make a play. That is a great characteristic of a quarterback because you have to do that sometimes. Right now, sometimes his depth is bad in the shotgun. [It’s] something we’ve got to work on. When it’s good, he’s stepping up. Sometimes he’s drifting and getting hit when he shouldn’t be getting hit so it’s something that we’re addressing and we have been actually addressing for about a month. It is something that we have to improve upon. He gets on the road, gets loud, you get in the gun, you start getting away from the center a little too far and now all of a sudden you’re back there hitting 11 yards. We’re not going to protect you if you’re doing that. It’s just something that we have to improve with him.”

I've noticed some of this. Mentioned that he seems to drift back on shotgun snaps and not help his tackles out.

Hopefully they can work on it over the bye, but I guess it's one of those experience things that just takes time.

Other than maybe his senior year in high school, I wonder if he's ever started this many games in a single season. He's approaching the total number of starts in his college career, so he is very short on actual starting experience at any level.

NightTerror218
11-14-2016, 06:38 PM
He reminds me a bit of Darren Williams. Fiesty and could make big plays but would also get beat deep.

Back to back weeks he has giving up the big plays on the field. While someone stated he was thrust into this and that would be why. Actually not really. He is on the outside a lot because harris would slide into the slot. he is just playing slighly more snaps since nickle is just about our base defense.

Good think i am high on him. He will def be learning a thing or two over these weeks.

Tned
11-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Back to back weeks he has giving up the big plays on the field. While someone stated he was thrust into this and that would be why. Actually not really. He is on the outside a lot because harris would slide into the slot. he is just playing slighly more snaps since nickle is just about our base defense.

Good think i am high on him. He will def be learning a thing or two over these weeks.

Yep, it was guys like Webster and deeper on depth chart thrown into things. As you say, at most Roby's just in on more snaps. Nothing really anything new thrown at him.

Lynch12
11-15-2016, 12:12 PM
From Kubiak today:

"The reason he does make a lot of plays is because he will sit in there and get hit right in the mouth and make a play. That is a great characteristic of a quarterback because you have to do that sometimes. Right now, sometimes his depth is bad in the shotgun. [It’s] something we’ve got to work on. When it’s good, he’s stepping up. Sometimes he’s drifting and getting hit when he shouldn’t be getting hit so it’s something that we’re addressing and we have been actually addressing for about a month. It is something that we have to improve upon. He gets on the road, gets loud, you get in the gun, you start getting away from the center a little too far and now all of a sudden you’re back there hitting 11 yards. We’re not going to protect you if you’re doing that. It’s just something that we have to improve with him.”

I've noticed some of this. Mentioned that he seems to drift back on shotgun snaps and not help his tackles out.

Hopefully they can work on it over the bye, but I guess it's one of those experience things that just takes time.

Other than maybe his senior year in high school, I wonder if he's ever started this many games in a single season. He's approaching the total number of starts in his college career, so he is very short on actual starting experience at any level.

Post the rest of the artice..... Funny how you left out all the shots kubiak said when he was calling out Trevor for his poor play the last month.

Freyaka
11-15-2016, 12:45 PM

A bit low? It was at his freaking ankles my friend...It's a miracle that he got as close to catching that poorly thrown pass as he did.

Tned
11-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Post the rest of the artice..... Funny how you left out all the shots kubiak said when he was calling out Trevor for his poor play the last month.

What I posted was him taking about Siemian being responsible for some of the sacks.

Tned
11-15-2016, 01:08 PM
A bit low? It was at his freaking ankles my friend...It's a miracle that he got as close to catching that poorly thrown pass as he did.

Which Kubiak said DT should have caught.

Freyaka
11-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Which Kubiak said DT should have caught.

I'd like to see Kubiak's old ass catch a pass like that, just saying :D

It's hard to fault a guy for not dragging that in without diving for it. Obviously I'm biased towards DT because I'm not a fan of all the hate he gets, but that was one of his most forgivable drops of the last few seasons.

Poet
11-15-2016, 05:45 PM
The vast majority of time that pass isn't going to be caught by even the best of wideouts. TS needs to throw a better ball because he gets bailed out by his WR's enough as is.

Tned
11-15-2016, 06:23 PM
The vast majority of time that pass isn't going to be caught by even the best of wideouts. TS needs to throw a better ball because he gets bailed out by his WR's enough as is.

Prior to this last week, he hasn't be been being "bailed out" by his very high paid wide receivers, but regardless I agree he needs to be more accurate.

NightTerror218
11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Prior to this last week, he hasn't be been being "bailed out" by his very high paid wide receivers, but regardless I agree he beds to be more accurate.

DT and sander bail him out a lot. The dive pass by sanders is one that was not caught. Dt has had to stop is routes to lean back for a lot of passes.

Simple Jaded
11-15-2016, 11:50 PM
They should bail him out, they're the ones with fat new contracts and bitching about their stats.

Poet
11-15-2016, 11:58 PM
They won the Cincinnati game by their own damn selves. I can't tell you how many diving catches they've had to make. The line sucks but he has an incredible set of skill players to work with. At some point he's going to need to do something on his own accord.

underrated29
11-16-2016, 12:24 AM

DT doesn't dive.
DT is not elite.
Hi mo

MOtorboat
11-16-2016, 12:43 AM
DT doesn't dive.
DT is not elite.
Hi mo

Nah. He just makes one-handed catches to bail his shitty quarterback out and reaches over defensive backs to score clutch touchdowns.

#elite

Lynch12
11-16-2016, 04:43 AM
DT doesn't dive.
DT is not elite.
Hi mo

Thomas needs to dive huh?

Poet
11-16-2016, 04:49 AM
TS gets carried by his WR's. THey do everything for him, and he does nothing for them. It's fine, he's a young QB, but UR please stop going back to the stupid arguments.

Tned
11-16-2016, 09:28 AM
TS gets carried by his WR's. THey do everything for him, and he does nothing for them. It's fine, he's a young QB, but UR please stop going back to the stupid arguments.

This statement is so ridiculous that I can only assume it was meant to be funny or get a reaction.

Northman
11-16-2016, 10:16 AM

Wait, are you saying that Denver has a pair of some of the best receivers in the game and they actually step up to make plays for a first year QB?

Say it aint so!!!!!!

Ive never heard of that before.

underrated29
11-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Nah. He just makes one-handed catches to bail his shitty quarterback out and reaches over defensive backs to score clutch touchdowns.

#elite

Was his best game in 2 years hands down

Valar Morghulis
11-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Was his best game in 2 years hands down

Lol

underrated29
11-16-2016, 12:29 PM
I am disappointed in you

This.

This statement is so ridiculous that I can only assume it was meant to be funny or get a reaction.

It is funny to give mo a hard time about DT,..... and his lack of eliteness and diving.:D

Poet
11-17-2016, 01:32 AM
Wait, are you saying that Denver has a pair of some of the best receivers in the game and they actually step up to make plays for a first year QB?

Say it aint so!!!!!!

Ive never heard of that before.

I'm saying there's a certain point where the WR's cannot carry a QB and Denver has hit that threshold several times. The expectations for our guys are always high, and then they got even higher because they have TS. Again, there's that point where you can't just lay it all on their feet, and one such example is when we bitch that DT doesn't make a catch that most WR's are going to fail to make when the damn catch is at his feet.

Tned
11-19-2016, 08:29 PM
With C.J. Anderson on injured reserve, the Broncos have the youngest backfield in the NFL. Devontae Booker was drafted to be a bell-cow running back, but he's struggled as the featured back behind Denver's ineffectual offensive line.
They've allowed the fifth-most sacks on their quarterback — 26 — and 84 QB pressures by their tackles alone, but they're 7-3.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1729822-broncos-have-yet-to-play-their-best-football

slim
11-19-2016, 11:34 PM
UR dives for balls