PDA

View Full Version : Just got my nfl sunday ticket!!

Shutdown
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!
Boy, am I excited!

Ok, after talking with a few buddies we came up with a way we could split the Sunday ticket and still get to view all of the games in the comfort of our own homes.

I call in and order the ticket.. 5 payments of 59.99...riiiight

Each of my buddies pay me $130...

Call back in two days later and tell them I am going to cancel it because I can't afford it, rough times, blah blah blah....

She says "well let me see what I can do for you..."

Comes back on the line and says "how about a $200 credit towards the price of Sunday Ticket and free Superfan?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Me- "well, I don't know... I guess I could probably do that.."

Her- "give me one more minute.."

Comes back - "I can also credit your account for all of the receiver fees and credit your HD programming for 12 months.."

Me- (trying not to laugh, or cry with joy) "wow, you are great!" "Thank you so much!"

- So I basically got NFL sunday ticket and superfan for $100
- $288 in receiver and HD credits
- $130 from each of my buddies.

Made out like a bandit.

sneakers
09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I would rather leach it off the internet out of the principal of not paying to watch football

but if you are happy with what you got, that's all that matters

Shutdown
09-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I would rather leach it off the internet out of the principal of not paying to watch football

but if you are happy with what you got, that's all that matters

Internet quality is what has driven me to Sunday Ticket. I got tired of unreliable sources and having to squint to see plays.

And I am not paying a dime. In fact, I'm getting paid. :beer:

(Off topic) - You emo list is missing A LOT!!

sneakers
09-20-2009, 12:27 AM
(Off topic) - You emo list is missing A LOT!!

I agree, I only limited it to 10 albums :s:

Reidman
09-20-2009, 12:42 AM
- So I basically got NFL sunday ticket and superfan for $100
- $288 in receiver and HD credits
- $130 from each of my buddies.

Made out like a bandit.

So did you stiff your buddies...??:confused:

LordTrychon
09-20-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the Ticket for the first time tomorrow! :beer: We also got a great deal and are saving money off what we were paying for cable. :salute:

Dman444
09-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeah, it sounds like you're a shitty friend.

anton...
09-20-2009, 02:56 AM
you should really give the left over money back to your mates...

sneakers
09-20-2009, 03:17 AM
You know how Heroin addicts have buddies? Where the only common interest that brings them together is to heroin together....otherwise they could give two rats asses about each other...and have no qualms about screwing each other over.

....Maybe that is the situation here Shutdown has his "friends" who come over so that they can all shoot heroin and watch football.....just a possibility.

;)

Overtime
09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
cheap skates like you are the reason it keeps going up, and then you post it up on the internet for all to see about how you scammed DirecTV into giving it you for only $59?

you have no integrity. thanks a lot jerk.

Nomad
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
You won't be disappointed with the ST and it's worth it! I only wish it was an option for cable providers as well. I had it since it first came out but this is my first year without the ST (had to settle for cable...sore story for me:Cry:) and it is surely missed not only for the quality of watching the game but also you can watch any game being played at that time (in other words flip through the games). Enjoy yourself while many have to leave their homes and watch it elsewhere or watch it on the crappy interweb (I guess at least we get to see the game until the NFL starts shutting down the games on the interweb stream sites.

skycoyote
09-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I won't try to tell ya I'm the most ethical person in the world, and when someone gets the best of a multi-national corporation I can only chuckle. However, this is something that is best kept in your inner circle.

honz
09-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Props to one upping DirectTV, but I'd definitely give some money back to your buddies!

Tned
09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the Ticket for the first time tomorrow! :beer: We also got a great deal and are saving money off what we were paying for cable. :salute:

If you aren't in the local CO area, there is nothing that beats NFLST. If you have an HDTV, while it might piss you off, paying for (or bargaining for) superfan to get the Red Zone channel and HD games is WELL worth it.

Superchop 7
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Take the extra $$, be a good host, kick it into party materials, they will love it.

Speaking of Direct TV, I would never get it until they stop ripping off their installers, luckily there is some legislation coming down the pike. Direct TV = Scum

Dman444
09-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Seriously though, did you screw your friends out of money?

I'm thinking you did by the lack of your response.