PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 10 (Saints week)

VonDoom
11-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Saints are looking for some insider information this week:

Coach Sean Payton told reporters they had signed linebacker Sam Barrington and safety Shiloh Keo, and they’ve also claimed tight end John Phillips off waivers from the Broncos.

Barrington replaces veteran James Laurinaitis, who was placed on injured reserve this week. The former Packers linebacker was briefly with the Chiefs this season, playing in a pair of games.

Keo has been on and off the Broncos roster since his two-game suspension for a DUI arrest, playing in four games there this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/09/saints-add-sam-barrington-shiloh-keo-john-phillips/related/

Also:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m9 minutes ago

Broncos have brought back S Ryan Murphy to their practice squad. #9sports

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2016, 01:04 PM
"We'll see your drunk driver and raise you a John".

VonDoom
11-09-2016, 01:59 PM
TV maps up:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=10

VonDoom
11-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26m26 minutes ago

Matt Paradis not practicing #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 24m24 minutes ago

Russell Okung also not practicing #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos Wolfe, who is expected out multiple weeks w hairline elbow fracture, not at practice. Marshall was . @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos indoor for practice prepping for SuperDome game. Aqib Talib isn't practicing today. Kayvon Webster is.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Damn man we are banged up all over the defense. I always knew that the offense leaving them on the field all the time would naturally wear guys down and it would start resulting in injuries.

I really hope denver wins but it's very doubtful without having the defense 100% to at least hold teams under 13 points.

VonDoom
11-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 34m34 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian was a full participant in practice, but Kubiak said he's sore and the looming bye week will be needed.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33m33 minutes ago

Kubiak on if he thought about changing the script to start to jumpstart the run game: "If I did I wouldn't tell you (smiles)."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35m35 minutes ago

Kubiak on Drew Brees: "He's exceptional, really one of the finest players I've ever seen. He's at the top of his game. ... A great leader."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 38m38 minutes ago

T.J. Ward was sick, didn't practice. Russell Okung & Matt Paradis sat out today, like they did last week. #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said key to run game is broader perspective.That have to stay on field, stay on schedule.Not running enough plays obviously

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 39m39 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak calls Talib day to day. "He's doing really good. Just not yet back on the field" @1043TheFan

VonDoom
11-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 32m32 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison "consistency is an issue. As a group we're not just getting it done" @1043TheFan (speaking about ground game)

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison "it's all execution, the timing needs to improve, we will get it done" @1043TheFan

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos OC Dennison said issue in run game is execution. They have panicked a bit when getting 1 and 2 yards early. Have to better early

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison admits they got off script quickly vs OAK. @1043TheFan "we have to make plays when they present themselves"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago

#Broncos OC Dennison said "sometimes frustration not a bad thing" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian said "nobody second guessing calls coming in". Said know have to run ball better "we have to have balance" @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Trevor Siemian "there's been some frustration. We are focused on improving, we gotta start fast" @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos Trevor Siemian "I think there's a lot of pressure playing QB. You have to embrace that" @1043TheFan

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 04:12 PM
How many teams are still working out the kinks @ week 10? I am aware of a team like the Giants getting hot that year late and winning it all, then maybe the ravens getting hot and winning it all very late. I know it can happen but I just dont think our current qb is a gun slinger mentally, like kyle orton he wants everything to play out for him and if everything else turns into a big play then great but him personally will not go after said big play or even take chances. Something both flacco and Eli are willing to do.

And for kubiak to throw the Trevor is injured excuse out there is sad. If the dude is injured and that's why he's playing poorly then he shouldn't be playing dude. That qoute alone lets me know that kubiak is indeed in love with another poor quarterback just like in houston. Some of you are right, Trevor isn't going anywhere this season.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Damn man we are banged up all over the defense. I always knew that the offense leaving them on the field all the time would naturally wear guys down and it would start resulting in injuries.

I really hope denver wins but it's very doubtful without having the defense 100% to at least hold teams under 13 points.

Your argument is negated by the fact that the #1 offense has kept their defense on the field for more plays per game than Denver (67.7 v. 67.3). But Denver is #5/32 (bad) in defensive plays per game, not good. If injuries are uniformly distributed among plays, Denver would have more than the average number, but less than the best offense.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 04:21 PM
How many teams are still working out the kinks @ week 10? I am aware of a team like the Giants getting hot that year late and winning it all, then maybe the ravens getting hot and winning it all very late. I know it can happen but I just dont think our current qb is a gun slinger mentally, like kyle orton he wants everything to play out for him and if everything else turns into a big play then great but him personally will not go after said big play or even take chances. Something both flacco and Eli are willing to do.

And for kubiak to throw the Trevor is injured excuse out there is sad. If the dude is injured and that's why he's playing poorly then he shouldn't be playing dude. That qoute alone lets me know that kubiak is indeed in love with another poor quarterback just like in houston. Some of you are right, Trevor isn't going anywhere this season.

Guess the 30 post w/o mentioning Siemian idea didn't resonate with you?

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 04:23 PM
If we had the number one offense our defense would be just fine, believe that. We can't score and we can't control the clock. Your argument is negated. Our defense is worn out having to do everything.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Guess the 30 post w/o mentioning Siemian idea didn't resonate with you?

Trevor is a bronco, this is broncos talk.

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 04:27 PM
If we had the number one offense our defense would be just fine, believe that. We can't score and we can't control the clock. Your argument is negated. Our defense is worn out having to do everything.

How do you explain that the #1 offense has their defense on the field more than the Broncos? "believe that" the best you got?

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Give von and company the number one offense and von and company would be fine, logic says that if they could carry the worst offense to a superbowl then they could surely take the number 1 offense. You don't even have to be smart to know that. ;/

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Give von and company the number one offense and von and company would be fine, logic says that if they could carry the worst offense to a superbowl then they could surely take the number 1 offense. You don't even have to be smart to know that. ;/

Agreed, but that has no bearing on your claim that the offense was responsible for the injuries on defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Lynch, that hypothetical argument is not realistic at all. The NFL is designed for parody. The days of teams having the #1 offense and the #1 defense left when the salary cap was instituted.

Timmy!
11-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Look at the standings man. Lots of teams are still trying to figure it out. You are a broken friggin record, and the lamest of trolls. At least get some new material.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Agreed, but that has no bearing on your claim that the offense was responsible for the injuries on defense.

Dude our offense is like the 3 and out king. The defense has been on the field the entire game since last year, they are worn down, its leading to injuries, a tired body will get injured way faster than a rested body.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Lynch, that hypothetical argument is not realistic at all. The NFL is designed for parody. The days of teams having the #1 offense and the #1 defense left when the salary cap was instituted.

I never said we need both number 1 offense and defense, you are not following the discussion smh.

Lynch12
11-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Look at the standings man. Lots of teams are still trying to figure it out. You are a broken friggin record, and the lamest of trolls. At least get some new material.

. Are you going to talk any football? Looks to me like when you do post its replying to me with a non football post. You would be the definition of a troll.

Timmy!
11-09-2016, 05:55 PM
. Are you going to talk any football? Looks to me like when you do post its replying to me with a non football post. You would be the definition of a troll.

This is the practice/practice notes thread.....not really a thread for discussion. That said, the first sentence of my,post you quoted was "talking football." But no, over the last 10 years and 16000 posts I have never, ever, talked football on this forum. :lol:

Hawgdriver
11-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Dude our offense is like the 3 and out king. The defense has been on the field the entire game since last year, they are worn down, its leading to injuries, a tired body will get injured way faster than a rested body.

Everything you say may be true but that doesn't address the fact that the number one offense puts their defense on the field for more plays, hence more injuries, than the Broncos. You claim injuries on defense are the result of poor offense. I provided a contradiction to your claim and you have yet to refute it.

Lynch12
11-10-2016, 03:14 PM
This is the practice/practice notes thread.....not really a thread for discussion. That said, the first sentence of my,post you quoted was "talking football." But no, over the last 10 years and 16000 posts I have never, ever, talked football on this forum. :lol:

Lol @ a practice thread is unworthy of discussion. I guess practice and it's sound bites don't matter to a person who rarely talks football.

Lynch12
11-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Everything you say may be true but that doesn't address the fact that the number one offense puts their defense on the field for more plays, hence more injuries, than the Broncos. You claim injuries on defense are the result of poor offense. I provided a contradiction to your claim and you have yet to refute it.

Dude you provided nothing, the Broncos defense has been on the field too damn long since the entire last season and 9 weeks into this season. Our guy's aren't magically injury prone, it was impossible to sustain the type of physical and fast dominance on defense for 2 years in a row with a offense thatpro goes 5 three and outs in a row type of bad. Trevor said in a practice interview yesterday that we have to go out there next week and crawl scratch and claw oir way to a first down, how pathetic is that for a NFL quarterback to not be able to get his team a FIRST DOWN. Causing the defense to go back on the field soon as they sit down and you think there not tired? It's a fact that tired players are more likely to be injured. Just facts, I don't care what little tidbit of a stat you found online that means absolutely nothing in the real world of football.

Timmy!
11-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Lol @ a practice thread is unworthy of discussion. I guess practice and it's sound bites don't matter to a person who rarely talks football.

All you have done is bitch about the QB. That's hardly "talking football." You're a broken record. In this very thread hawg gave you an example to refute a claim you made. Instead of addressing his point you said he provide nothing and proceeded to whine about the QB some more, as if Lynch will magically fix our 3rd to last run defense, or shitty Oline.

Speaking of practice and injury reports looks like Talib is likely out again. At least Webster is practicing, but Ward has an illness and missed another day.

slim
11-10-2016, 05:24 PM
NTL, how long until jwalk gets the ban hammer?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Since when were football players at risk of injury?

Hawgdriver
11-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Dude you provided nothing, the Broncos defense has been on the field too damn long since the entire last season and 9 weeks into this season. Our guy's aren't magically injury prone, it was impossible to sustain the type of physical and fast dominance on defense for 2 years in a row with a offense thatpro goes 5 three and outs in a row type of bad. Trevor said in a practice interview yesterday that we have to go out there next week and crawl scratch and claw oir way to a first down, how pathetic is that for a NFL quarterback to not be able to get his team a FIRST DOWN. Causing the defense to go back on the field soon as they sit down and you think there not tired? It's a fact that tired players are more likely to be injured. Just facts, I don't care what little tidbit of a stat you found online that means absolutely nothing in the real world of football.

I did not provide 'nothing', I provided a contradiction to your claim (that, essentially, Siemian is injuring the Broncos defense), to show your statement is false.

Here is another bit to chew on. Denver is one of the least injured teams this season, having missed 53 man-games through nine games. They rank #26/32 (26th most injured) by this measure.

You say that Denver's offense is the cause of injuries to the defense. Denver's offense has been bad. They rank 30th (of 32) in average plays per drive, at 5.6. League average is 6.0 plays per drive. You claim without evidence that this 0.4 play differential is the source of an injured Broncos defense. However, the Denver defense is much less injured than most NFL teams defense.

While your theory isn't ridiculous, it is unsupported by the evidence.

spikerman
11-11-2016, 08:51 AM
With the way the NO rushing attack has been cranking up, coupled with an already potent passing game, I am not optimistic this week. Normally I would say that their porous defense is the great equalizer, but the Broncos' anemic offense has made some pretty awful defenses look like the "Monsters of the Midway."

VonDoom
11-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

Aqib Talib in a hoodie for #Broncos indoor Friday practice. Not practicing again. Looks like he'll be out this week.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Doesn't look like Matt Paradis is practicing. Goodness #9sports

slim
11-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Well that's just great.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Hopefully we can get some contributors healthy over the bye.

VonDoom
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 14m14 minutes ago

#Broncos CB Aqib Talib, DE Derek Wolfe have been ruled out Sunday v. #Saints. Everybody else full.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Kubiak said he hopes to get Aqib Talib and Derek Wolfe back after their bye week. Both will travel to New Orleans.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 11m11 minutes ago

Kubiak said Devontae Booker will start v. #Saints. He hopes there's more carries to go around for Booker and Bibbs. Needs to get RBs going.

VonDoom
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Facing Drew Brees without Wolfe or Talib out there ... ouch.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2016, 04:17 PM
I did not provide 'nothing', I provided a contradiction to your claim (that, essentially, Siemian is injuring the Broncos defense), to show your statement is false.

Here is another bit to chew on. Denver is one of the least injured teams this season, having missed 53 man-games through nine games. They rank #26/32 (26th most injured) by this measure.

You say that Denver's offense is the cause of injuries to the defense. Denver's offense has been bad. They rank 30th (of 32) in average plays per drive, at 5.6. League average is 6.0 plays per drive. You claim without evidence that this 0.4 play differential is the source of an injured Broncos defense. However, the Denver defense is much less injured than most NFL teams defense.

While your theory isn't ridiculous, it is unsupported by the evidence.

#spankingLynch12

Lynch12
11-12-2016, 12:08 AM
It's a waste of time with some fans who just never played the game, you will never understand things playing tired will cause injury way faster than playing non tired.

BroncoWave
11-12-2016, 12:30 AM
It's a waste of time with some fans who just never played the game, you will never understand things playing tired will cause injury way faster than playing non tired.

LOL now you pulling the "I played" card? :lol:

If there were a "douchebag sports fan cliches bingo" you'd be winning.

Hawgdriver
11-12-2016, 01:01 AM

Playing "tired" (whatever that means) may well lead to more injuries. Now please try to prove your point or accept that you are wrong in claiming Siemian is injuring the Bronco's defense.

Maybe we need a sign out front, 'must be at least this tall to ride.'

VonDoom
11-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Vinovich is our ref. Chalk up the loss now. Unless he only hated Manning and not the Broncos

Nomad
11-12-2016, 02:08 PM
BRONCOS gonna win.

I have quite a few family members heading to the game, but they'll be wearing black & gold.

FanInAZ
11-12-2016, 09:56 PM

I'll admit that I only played 1 year of Pop Warner in 6th grade, what's the highest level you ever played?

LawDog
11-13-2016, 12:40 AM
I'll admit that I only played 1 year of Pop Warner in 6th grade, what's the highest level you ever played?

My money's on Madden 15.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2016, 01:04 AM
Vinovich is our ref. Chalk up the loss now. Unless he only hated Manning and not the Broncos

It's a P*triot Way thing, had nothing to do with Manning.