PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Roby named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

VonDoom
11-02-2016, 09:54 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After a game-changing, 49-yard pick-six vs. the San Diego Chargers, cornerback Bradley Roby is the AFC Defensive Player of the Week. This is the first time in Roby’s three-year career that he has earned conference recognition.

Roby made his first start of the 2016 season in place of Aqib Talib, totaling seven tackles, two passes defensed and the 49-yard pick-six.

His pick-six in the second quarter altered the divisional game in Denver’s favor, giving the Broncos the lead for good in their eventual 29-17 win over the Chargers.

This is the second AFC Defensive Player of the Week award for the Broncos this season (OLB Von Miller, Week 2) and the 32nd time a Broncos defensive player has earned conference player of the week recognition since the award was initiated in 1984.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Bradley-Roby-named-AFC-Defensive-Player-of-the-Week/6034ff3d-110b-4a67-8085-4eec4add3715

Also, Derek Carr named offensive player of the week. Twice now we get to play a QB coming off a 500 yard passing game the next week.

Hawgdriver
11-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Well deserved, Mr. Roby.

Joel
11-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Aqib Who? ;)

Hawgdriver
11-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Aqib Who? ;)

Ah now you gon bring some little winky-ass emoji to this fight?

Consider this an e-slap, Joel. :headshake:

Ok, ok.

Let's get you some hype spek hood1f13d, J. I no u gon feel me later, j-dilla.
Talib Panda. Take notes.

ozSC_kQ9Q70

Ok, ok.

Don't sully these halls with your passive hate, mate. Like. Roby just made my season bro. Show some spek. What he learned, was from Talib.

Go Broncos.

Joel
11-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Ah now you gon bring some little winky-ass emoji to this fight?

Consider this an e-slap, Joel. :headshake:

Ok, ok.

Let's get you some hype spek hood1f13d, J. I no u gon feel me later, j-dilla.
Talib Panda. Take notes.

ozSC_kQ9Q70

Ok, ok.

Don't sully these halls with your passive hate, mate. Like. Roby just made my season bro. Show some spek. What he learned, was from Talib.

Go Broncos.
Dave, since I see you high-fived this: Can you translate it into English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

Valar Morghulis
11-03-2016, 03:40 AM
Dave, since I see you high-fived this: Can you translate it into English? YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY)

It's a combination of youth and hood, it's not something you learn, it is something you are

Joel
11-03-2016, 04:06 AM
It's a combination of youth and hood, it's not something you learn, it is something you are
The Hell I am; that's libel, sir! And you're... British... hmm, I think I just figured out how "I'll" pay for my daughters university education. :)

Sorry, ya'll, I can't help it: The Denver Broncos (and ESPECIALLY their CORNERBACKS) have had more than enough "hood" to last anyone a lifetime (and then some.) We've got plenty of play-making team leaders who also just happen to be decent human beings; we aren't so pathetic we must resort to people who know firsthand how to shower-shiv someone in the back.

I wonder how many people livid at a Chargers WR accidentally cold-cocking our DC on the sideline shrugged off our CB ADMITTING he tried to rip off an opponents head by the facemask "because hey, it's only a ½ yd penalty, and sends a message." So does not getting beaten at your own one yard-line, which has the added advantage of being legal, ethical and moral. #Robelieving.

Hawgdriver
11-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Sorry, ya'll, I can't help it: The Denver Broncos (and ESPECIALLY their CORNERBACKS) have had more than enough "hood" to last anyone a lifetime (and then some.) We've got plenty of play-making team leaders who also just happen to be decent human beings; we aren't so pathetic we must resort to people who know firsthand how to shower-shiv someone in the back.

Joel thinks Aqib Talib is not a decent human being. When Roby is named player of the week.

Lynch12
11-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Roby is a top 10 corner.