PDA

View Full Version : Nba 2016-17

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 04:53 PM
I will now proceed to talk to myself for six months.

:wave:

weazel
10-31-2016, 04:54 PM
go Chattanooga Hoodrats!

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Already?

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 08:26 PM
Already?

Yes. Three games deep for most teams.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Yes. Three games deep for most teams.

Regular season or preseason?

BroncoWave
10-31-2016, 08:44 PM
I'll join you in 6 months Mo so we can shoot down all the LeBron hot takes when he is in the finals again.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 08:50 PM
Wave. Whose dick tastes better, LeBron or Dak?

BroncoWave
10-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Wave. Whose dick tastes better, LeBron or Dak?

Trick question, Hillman's tastes best!

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 08:53 PM
Regular season or preseason?

Regular.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 09:00 PM
Trick question, Hillman's tastes best!

**** yeah. Did you see that sweet 5 yard gain?

chazoe60
10-31-2016, 09:16 PM
Unwatchable

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Unwatchable

You're unwatchable.

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 10:37 PM
Sigh. The Suns had a 33-30 lead.

They now trail 48-35.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Do you like the Suns? If so, explain your answer.

MOtorboat
10-31-2016, 10:56 PM
Do you like the Suns? If so, explain your answer.

Have gone to several games, so there is a soft spot. Plus, the Clippers have a punchable face.

Dapper Dan
10-31-2016, 11:02 PM
Have gone to several games, so there is a soft spot. Plus, the Clippers have a punchable face.

I agree on the Clippers. I wish Redick would get traded.

MOtorboat
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17945912/golden-state-warriors-irked-3-1-lead-skeleton-prop-lebron-james-halloween-party

slim
11-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Mo, how do the nugs look this year?

MOtorboat
11-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Mo, how do the nugs look this year?

A little better than last year so far.

slim
11-02-2016, 12:34 AM
A little better than last year so far.

A little? Thats either encouraging or disappointing.

MOtorboat
11-02-2016, 12:40 AM
A little? Thats either encouraging or disappointing.

I'd say encouraging. I'm still worried about Mudiay's shot. But if Chandler and Gallo can stay healthy for the majority of the season, they will be better. They desperately need Gary Harris back defensively. Malone had Faried guarding Lillard and DeRozen late in the last two games. That didn't turn out too well.

Jaws
11-02-2016, 02:34 AM
In the noughties when Steve Nash was playing I was quite a fan of the Suns.
Time restrictions as well as timezone complications have seen me unable to keep up for quite a few years.

How are the Suns doing these days?
And who are the teams/individuals to watch?

MOtorboat
11-02-2016, 03:36 AM
In the noughties when Steve Nash was playing I was quite a fan of the Suns.
Time restrictions as well as timezone complications have seen me unable to keep up for quite a few years.

How are the Suns doing these days?
And who are the teams/individuals to watch?

Well, the Suns are not going to do well. They have a nice backcourt in Devin Booker, Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight. T.J. Warren has started the season decent, but he doesn't have the talent of the other three. Booker is the gem, he's going to be a stud.

Off the top of my head:

Teams: Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Clippers. Probably the top 4. Next tier is probably something along the lines of Toronto, Boston, Portland, Oklahoma City.

Individuals: The elite, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Kevin Durrant, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, DeMarr Derozen, Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum. Sure there are others, but those are the players on the top teams. Other players: Paul George, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Isaiah Thomas, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Devin Booker, Justis Winslow. I'm sure there are more.

Dapper Dan
11-02-2016, 05:35 AM
I missed my fantasy basketball draft and it autodrafted Steve Nash.

Jaws
11-03-2016, 04:46 AM
Well, the Suns are not going to do well. They have a nice backcourt in Devin Booker, Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight. T.J. Warren has started the season decent, but he doesn't have the talent of the other three. Booker is the gem, he's going to be a stud.

Off the top of my head:

Teams: Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Clippers. Probably the top 4. Next tier is probably something along the lines of Toronto, Boston, Portland, Oklahoma City.

Individuals: The elite, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, Kevin Durrant, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, DeMarr Derozen, Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum. Sure there are others, but those are the players on the top teams. Other players: Paul George, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Isaiah Thomas, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Devin Booker, Justis Winslow. I'm sure there are more.

A lot of changes in terms of contenders since I last followed.
Just about the only team that remains up there from back then is the Spurs.

MOtorboat
11-18-2016, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSoZNkMjoU

Hawgdriver
11-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Harden is like a central bank of style points.

MOtorboat
11-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Old Chris Paul looks like old Jason Kidd. And he looks really good.

dogfish
11-30-2016, 03:15 AM
good lawd. . . last night westbrook dropped 27, with 14 boards, and 18 freaking assists. . . he was one dime short of having a triple-double at halftime. . . :eek:

#RevengeTour16-17
#HellHathNoFuryLikeRussellWestbrook

dogfish
11-30-2016, 03:16 AM
Harden is like a central bank of style points.

you owe king a dollar!

MOtorboat
11-30-2016, 03:57 AM
good lawd. . . last night westbrook dropped 27, with 14 boards, and 18 freaking assists. . . he was one dime short of having a triple-double at halftime. . . :eek:

#RevengeTour16-17
#HellHathNoFuryLikeRussellWestbrook

He's second in scoring to Anthony Davis and is averaging a triple-double 1/4 of the way through the season. It's the latest in the season someone has averaged a triple-double since Oscar Robinson in the 60s. His performance has been insane.

James is almost a triple-double too. And Harden is averaging like 27-15 which is just crazy.

Anyone who says this isn't an entertaining game is out of their mind, or just a curmudgeon. This season is great.

Dapper Dan
12-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I...I think I like the Cavs.

MOtorboat
12-20-2016, 08:54 PM

I love me some J.R. Smith.

Dapper Dan
12-20-2016, 08:58 PM
I love me some J.R. Smith.

I like Jordan McRae. And the Lake Erie Monsters.

Poet
12-20-2016, 11:07 PM
The league is shit. Only the Cavs, Warriors, or maybe Spurs can win it all.

BroncoWave
12-20-2016, 11:26 PM

So does King!

Poet
12-21-2016, 12:32 PM
So does King!

I've learned many things on my pilgrimage.

MOtorboat
12-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Russell Westbrook is trolling Golden State hard tonight. It's hilarious.

Poet
12-25-2016, 07:10 PM
He's going to be real sad when he can't get out of the second round.

MOtorboat
12-25-2016, 07:10 PM
He's going to be real sad when he can't get out of the second round.

Probably. Give him his moment. I bet he goes off tonight.

Poet
12-25-2016, 07:20 PM
He's a bit of a jerk. If KD stayed he would have left. He wants to be 'the man'. By himself. Which doesn't win championships. He's probably the best player in the league at this very second.

MOtorboat
12-25-2016, 07:22 PM
He's a bit of a jerk. If KD stayed he would have left. He wants to be 'the man'. By himself. Which doesn't win championships. He's probably the best player in the league at this very second.

I disagree. I don't think he's a jerk at all. I think he feels betrayed. I've also read a lot of stuff about how he's embraced that community.

Poet
12-25-2016, 08:11 PM
I disagree. I don't think he's a jerk at all. I think he feels betrayed. I've also read a lot of stuff about how he's embraced that community.

He kept delaying an extension or saying he was going to be an OKC guy until Durant left. I read a few articles about how KD and RWB didn't actually get along, either.

KD also embraced the community.

MOtorboat
01-01-2017, 09:30 AM
https://twitter.com/rocketintellect/status/815406906886017024

MOtorboat
01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
50-16-17, 9 3s.

One of the best games in NBA history.

MOtorboat
01-04-2017, 07:21 PM
There's six inches of snow outside. I'm going to watch some basketball tonight.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2017, 01:09 AM
<3

Buff
01-19-2017, 12:47 PM
<3

To hell with that douche. #TeamRuss

BroncoWave
01-19-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't really have a strong opinion for or against Westbrook, but it would be really cool to see him average a triple double for the season. That's not something I ever thought would happen in the NBA again.

Buff
01-19-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't really have a strong opinion for or against Westbrook, but it would be really cool to see him average a triple double for the season. That's not something I ever thought would happen in the NBA again.

I like that Russ keeps it real and isn't worried about what people think. He's just there to destroy everyone.

BroncoWave
01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
I like that Russ keeps it real and isn't worried about what people think. He's just there to destroy everyone.

It definitely been entertaining to see the type of player he able to be now that he has his own team. I'm glad I'm not an OKC fan because they are obviously worse off without Durant, but it's produced an insanely compelling storyline to follow with what Westbrook is doing this year.

I'll be really intrigued to see how the MVP falls this year. Westbrook is obviously having far and away the best season statistically of any player in basketball, but his team is only middle of the pack in the West, currently the 7 seed.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2017, 01:39 PM
To hell with that douche. #TeamRuss

The basketball hit him. He laid there like he was dead. Then he was completely fine and went to shoot his free throws. After the game he tried to sound tough in front of the media about getting the dude back. #RussIsABitch

ShaneFalco
01-20-2017, 07:26 AM
not even that hard

MOtorboat
01-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Isaiah Thomas is so damn good. And so fun to watch. He's going off in the fourth quarter tonight against Detroit. Great basketball.

Poet
01-30-2017, 10:44 PM
I think it's dumb that so many people are drooling over Harden and WB. Take any elite player and let them do whatever they want all game. You'll get inflated stats every last time. WB is probably the MVP, and I used to like him. But he's turned into a whiny ass hoe.

MOtorboat
01-30-2017, 10:49 PM
I think it's dumb that so many people are drooling over Harden and WB. Take any elite player and let them do whatever they want all game. You'll get inflated stats every last time. WB is probably the MVP, and I used to like him. But he's turned into a whiny ass hoe.

I disagree. If this were true, there would have been many, many players averaging triple-doubles since Oscar. That didn't happen until now. Amazing things from both.

Poet
01-30-2017, 11:12 PM
I disagree. If this were true, there would have been many, many players averaging triple-doubles since Oscar. That didn't happen until now. Amazing things from both.

Eh - most big scorers aren't great distributors. This is something several guys in the league and in the past could have done. Is it impressive? Yeah. Is it rare? Yeah. Is it horribly overrated as a form of backlash against Durant? Yeah.

BroncoWave
01-30-2017, 11:13 PM
Eh - most big scorers aren't great distributors. This is something several guys in the league and in the past could have done. Is it impressive? Yeah. Is it rare? Yeah. Is it horribly overrated as a form of backlash against Durant? Yeah.

But how many scoring guards in history have been capable of consistently pulling down 10 boards a game? That's the most impressive part of his triple double average.

Poet
01-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Eh, no one cared when Wade had that ungodly year with rebounds and scoring (LBJ won the MVP). The response was 'that's a stat not usually attributed to the position, it doesn't mean that much.

Look, he's a great player, probably MVP. But he's a loooooooooooooooooooooooser.

And I don't like him.

Dapper Dan
01-30-2017, 11:56 PM
#IStandWithKing

Poet
02-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Draymond gets a technical foul after the refs blow back to back calls in under fifteen seconds. Kerr gets an ejection for bitching on the sidelines, and then he goes out onto the court and cusses out the ref.

I can think of a couple star players who bitch as much as Green does who don't get called for it.

The Kerr technical and ejection was uncalled for. Refs should have to publicly apologize for incompetence.

Poet
02-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Now the Warriors are starting to go ham.

Poet
02-05-2017, 12:32 AM
Now the mother ******* Kings are going ham.

Poet
02-05-2017, 12:39 AM
Now a technical foul on the Kings coach! Holy shit. The Refs are missing a bunch of calls and calling an inconsistent game. They deserve this. Fire the refs.

MOtorboat
02-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Hell of a game between Cleveland and Washington tonight.

Poet
02-06-2017, 09:53 PM
The Celtics blow this year.

BroncoWave
02-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Hell of a game between Cleveland and Washington tonight.

Von Kinger's daddy going to work!

MOtorboat
02-06-2017, 09:54 PM

He's out now, though.

Poet
02-06-2017, 10:03 PM

You're breaking our agreement. I disavowed my hatred for LBJ and you would let it all go.

Don't break the pact, style brother.

MOtorboat
02-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Trading cold-blooded three after cold-blooded three. This game is something else.

Poet
02-12-2017, 03:18 PM
The Warriors got Westbrook to go one-on-one instead of running the offense. Westbrook’s eight assists accounted for 19 points. But that was almost offset by his turnovers, which equated to 15 points for the Warriors, per ESPN Stats & Information research.

Durant has seen how that movie ends on far too many occasions. He needed a change.

The constant disconnect on the court with the Thunder, particularly on the offensive end, began to wear on Durant mentally as early as their second season together, league sources told ESPN. Throughout his OKC tenure, Durant asked for more ball movement. At times, it looked like the Thunder might have turned the corner, but it was never sustained.

On sheer talent alone, Durant's union with Westbrook instantly catapulted the Thunder to being one of the league’s best teams. But when going against a team with supreme talent and discipline, they were overmatched.

Durant desired continuity and teammates willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. After nine seasons with the franchise, he wasn’t convinced that would ever occur.

http://www.espn.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/3716/saturday-shows-why-kevin-durant-left-russell-westbrook

Anyone really think Durant made the wrong choice? Anyone think that the problem wasn't Westbrook? The article pretty much encapsulates the reality: WB is a top flight player, and probably the better overall player, but his approach to the game and winning is wrong.

MOtorboat
02-12-2017, 03:26 PM
The problem? I'm having a hard time saying there's a "problem" on a team that regularly makes deep runs into the playoffs. There was no right or wrong decision for Durant. His teams were/are going to compete for a conference title and NBA title every year. Just like there was no wrong or right choice for LeBron both when he went to Miami and when he went back to Cleveland. Such are the whims of fate in a sport where only five people per team are on the court at any one time.

Poet
02-12-2017, 03:32 PM
The problem? I'm having a hard time saying there's a "problem" on a team that regularly makes deep runs into the playoffs. There was no right or wrong decision for Durant. His teams were/are going to compete for a conference title and NBA title every year. Just like there was no wrong or right choice for LeBron both when he went to Miami and when he went back to Cleveland. Such are the whims of fate in a sport where only five people per team are on the court at any one time.

He's a guy who gets lost in his own hype. Last night is a perfect description of RWB's career - a bunch of points and assists, a bunch of turnovers, it's all about him, and a loss.

When KD says it's refreshing to go a team where star players check their egos and do what's best for the team, it's pretty telling.

MOtorboat
02-12-2017, 03:47 PM
He's a guy who gets lost in his own hype. Last night is a perfect description of RWB's career - a bunch of points and assists, a bunch of turnovers, it's all about him, and a loss.

When KD says it's refreshing to go a team where star players check their egos and do what's best for the team, it's pretty telling.

A loss to a team that has four All-Stars and has been in the NBA Finals two years in a row, who added one of the best three players in the league in the offseason. Westbrook is all that team has, for goodness sakes. When he was out at the end, they are playing friggin' Anthony Morrow. If Golden State doesn't win that by 20 there's a problem. You can't use that game, or this season for that matter, as an indictment on Westbrook. That team has nothing, and the Oladipo move was just dumb.

Poet
02-12-2017, 03:49 PM
A loss to a team that has four All-Stars and has been in the NBA Finals two years in a row, who added one of the best three players in the league in the offseason. Westbrook is all that team has, for goodness sakes. When he was out at the end, they are playing friggin' Anthony Morrow. If Golden State doesn't win that by 20 there's a problem. You can't use that game, or this season for that matter, as an indictment on Westbrook. That team has nothing, and the Oladipo move was just dumb.

The biggest game of the season and he gets blown out while throwing a tizzy on the floor? Man..........

No.

MOtorboat
02-12-2017, 03:50 PM
The biggest game of the season and he gets blown out while throwing a tizzy on the floor? Man..........

No.

So because Russell Westbrook can't single-handedly beat a team with four all-stars, he sucks. LOL.

Poet
02-12-2017, 03:54 PM
So because Russell Westbrook can't single-handedly beat a team with four all-stars, he sucks. LOL.

It's more like he couldn't win it with a loaded team and after the other star player left we know why that team didn't win....it's RWB.

He's the Dwight Howard of guards.

MOtorboat
02-12-2017, 03:55 PM
It's more like he couldn't win it with a loaded team and after the other star player left we know why that team didn't win....it's RWB.

He's the Dwight Howard of guards.

Um, ok.

Poet
02-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Um, ok.

Good talk.

BroncoWave
02-12-2017, 04:33 PM
King, I don't want to have to tell you this buddy, but Mo kinda just styled on you.

Poet
02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
When it comes to the NBA, I'm almost always correct.

For years we've been hearing about RBW being hard to deal with. We've seen him be a polarizing guy. That's who he is.

His counterpart leaves. His counterpart goes to a team that does win, and is happy to be on a team that does sacrifice stats for the betterment of winning. The other guy consoles himself in racking up stats and telling us that "I'm coming," when he's getting his teeth kicked clean down his throat. That moment wasn't about RWB being a teammate trying to win. That was him on a personal beef.

It's so obvious.

BroncoJoe
02-13-2017, 04:48 PM
As a cancerous team member, Westbrook > TO

NightTrainLayne
02-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Yep. It's self-fulfilling circular logic.

I high-fived your other comment midway through and then had to remove it. Why do you think the Oladipo trade was dumb?

MOtorboat
02-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Yep. It's self-fulfilling circular logic.

I high-fived your other comment midway through and then had to remove it. Why do you think the Oladipo trade was dumb?

I don't think he's good enough to be a consistent No. 2 scoring option. I realize they were basically just getting what they could for Ibaka, but settling in with Oladipo as your No. 2 was a bad move, at least for this season. Maybe Sabonis makes my analysis of the trade obsolete, but as it stands it seems like a lateral move for both teams.

Maybe "dumb" was a little harsh.

NightTrainLayne
02-13-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't think he's good enough to be a consistent No. 2 scoring option. I realize they were basically just getting what they could for Ibaka, but settling in with Oladipo as your No. 2 was a bad move, at least for this season. Maybe Sabonis makes my analysis of the trade obsolete, but as it stands it seems like a lateral move for both teams.

Maybe "dumb" was a little harsh.

They moved Ibaka for Durant. Then Durant bolted anyway. smh.

MOtorboat
02-13-2017, 05:51 PM
As a cancerous team member, Westbrook > TO

No.

Poet
02-13-2017, 11:20 PM
The PG who is known to be selfish acts selfishly by being self-centered as his team gets his teeth kicked down his throat. The same guy wouldn't commit to the Thunder until KD left so he could be the guy. He had a rocky relationship with the mild-mannered KD.

Yeah....definitely circular logic.

MOtorboat
02-13-2017, 11:48 PM
They never had a bad relationship until Durant decided to go play in California and didn't even have the balls to call Westbrook and tell him.

Poet
02-13-2017, 11:50 PM
There was already a link I posted in one of the NBA threads (maybe it was the Denver one) where it talked about tension as early as the second season they played together.

NightTrainLayne
02-14-2017, 12:58 PM
The PG who is known to be selfish acts selfishly by being self-centered as his team gets his teeth kicked down his throat. The same guy wouldn't commit to the Thunder until KD left so he could be the guy. He had a rocky relationship with the mild-mannered KD.

Yeah....definitely circular logic.

Are you trying to argue that if Westbrook acted unselfishly that they wouldn't have gotten their teeth kicked in?

I love the absurdity of how Westbrook is the selfish one in this scenario. I'm not saying I don't get frustrated with Westbrook's penchant for playing hero ball sometimes, but let's be real and recognize Durant's own selfishness while we're suddenly in the business of criticizing professional athletes for selfish behavior.

Davii
02-14-2017, 01:12 PM
I am DREADING the NBA All-Star week here in New Orleans. Couple the All-Star game with Mardi Gras festivities really getting into full swing and this place is going to be a damn zoo. The known crime bumps associated with both Mardi Gras and the All-Star game combining could also be a problem. Besides the fact I drive through downtown to and from work every day.... I'm not looking forward to it.

Poet
02-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Are you trying to argue that if Westbrook acted unselfishly that they wouldn't have gotten their teeth kicked in?

I love the absurdity of how Westbrook is the selfish one in this scenario. I'm not saying I don't get frustrated with Westbrook's penchant for playing hero ball sometimes, but let's be real and recognize Durant's own selfishness while we're suddenly in the business of criticizing professional athletes for selfish behavior.

I'm arguing that you're simply seeing a continuity of RWB be a selfish guy without the unselfish guy there to clean up after him. If RBW wasn't such about himself maybe he do what other great players do, put up killer stats in that game and not negate a lot of his contributions by excessive turnovers.

It's not selfish to leave a situation where a front office lets an elite player go (Harden) and sticks you with a selfish guy like RWB. It's not selfish to go 'man, we have all this talent and yet we never get it done' and look around and realize why. You guys had three elite players. You're left with one. The wrong one.

NightTrainLayne
02-14-2017, 11:14 PM
I'm arguing that you're simply seeing a continuity of RWB be a selfish guy without the unselfish guy there to clean up after him. If RBW wasn't such about himself maybe he do what other great players do, put up killer stats in that game and not negate a lot of his contributions by excessive turnovers.

It's not selfish to leave a situation where a front office lets an elite player go (Harden) and sticks you with a selfish guy like RWB. It's not selfish to go 'man, we have all this talent and yet we never get it done' and look around and realize why. You guys had three elite players. You're left with one. The wrong one.

If the unselfish player had been able to shoot better then 32% in close-out game 6 of the conference championship. . . at home. . . he might have a ring already.

Poet
02-14-2017, 11:22 PM
If the unselfish player had been able to shoot better then 32% in close-out game 6 of the conference championship. . . at home. . . he might have a ring already.

That was wild, NTL. I wonder if we can find faults in RWB's game at big times?

Timmy!
02-18-2017, 05:00 PM
So, appherently Kyrie believes the world is flat.
https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-really-actually-earnestly-believes-the-e-1792511889/amp?client=ms-android-att-us

http://i.imgur.com/leymwyW.png

Poet
02-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Timothy, I love you.

MOtorboat
02-19-2017, 11:45 PM
https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/833537296007823361

BroncoWave
02-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Cousins and AD together in Nola. That's dope.

dogfish
02-20-2017, 12:47 AM
well damn. . . that immediately becomes the best front court (or best 4-5 pair, at the very least) in the association. . . they still won't do shit this year, but that's a pretty nasty core pair going forward. . . with jrue holliday being all they have to work with, it will probably take a couple years to build a backcourt around them, but still. . .

ShaneFalco
02-20-2017, 01:06 AM
So, appherently Kyrie believes the world is flat.
https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-really-actually-earnestly-believes-the-e-1792511889/amp?client=ms-android-att-us

http://i.imgur.com/leymwyW.png

Wilson Chandler said he agrees with him

https://twitter.com/wilsonchandler/status/832712328848093185

Poet
02-20-2017, 01:14 AM
well damn. . . that immediately becomes the best front court (or best 4-5 pair, at the very least) in the association. . . they still won't do shit this year, but that's a pretty nasty core pair going forward. . . with jrue holliday being all they have to work with, it will probably take a couple years to build a backcourt around them, but still. . .

They should get Rondo. They'd be beastly and be the Kentucky Krew....maybe Kentucky Crew would be better...

Buff
02-21-2017, 12:53 PM
They should get Rondo. They'd be beastly and be the Kentucky Krew....maybe Kentucky Crew would be better...

Zach Lowe was saying that Rondo may be out of the league next year.

MOtorboat
02-21-2017, 01:01 PM

Yes. Because he is awful.

dogfish
02-21-2017, 01:19 PM

i think he's pretty much out of it this year-- don't tell king, though. . .

MOtorboat
02-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Rondo is 68th among point guards in real +/- and 49th in PER among point guards.

He's not good.

Poet
02-21-2017, 01:39 PM
He gets limited playing time and is a defender of the young guys. He's still got gas in the tank, baby!

dogfish
02-23-2017, 02:18 PM
philly sent noel to dallas. . . with about forty minutes left, is that it?

MOtorboat
02-23-2017, 02:19 PM
https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/834842800067792897

dogfish
02-23-2017, 02:28 PM
huh. . . i hope we get to hear what it was at some point. . . not surprising that it wasn't enough, but at least they were trying. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Chris Haynes

@ChrisBHaynes

Paul George respects what GM Tim Connelly is building in Denver, but with San Antonio, Golden State in the West, there's no path to Finals.
12:18 PM - 23 Feb 2017

MOtorboat
02-23-2017, 02:54 PM
The Nuggets traded for Roy Hibbert. Not really sure why.

Sounds like Indiana pulled George off the table. That would have been fun.

dogfish
02-23-2017, 05:22 PM
The Nuggets traded for Roy Hibbert. Not really sure why.

because they needed to get to the salary floor for the season to avoid a penalty. . .

MOtorboat
03-11-2017, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/jackhaveitall/status/840684662615871488

dogfish
03-16-2017, 11:43 AM
darko milicic is now a 350-pound serbian farmer (http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/darko-milicic-is-finally-happy-at-peace-working-as-a-serbian-farmer/)

this seems appropriate. . .

Buff
03-16-2017, 11:47 AM
darko milicic is now a 350-pound serbian farmer (http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/darko-milicic-is-finally-happy-at-peace-working-as-a-serbian-farmer/)

this seems appropriate. . .

How about a Nikoloz Tskitishvili update?

Hawgdriver
03-16-2017, 11:50 AM
How about a Nikoloz Tskitishvili update?

Remember that article about a man trapped under 13,000# of porn?

aberdien
03-16-2017, 12:21 PM
I went to the Thunder/Jazz game last weekend. They are 4-0 when I watch them play.

Poet
03-20-2017, 08:22 PM
I pray to Steph Curry.

Buff
04-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Random aside: Zach Lowe is great. I'd listen to him podcast about anything. Even when I'm only casually dialed in to the NBA, I always listen to his stuff.

Him and Jeff Van Gundy are always great together.

MOtorboat
04-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Random aside: Zach Lowe is great. I'd listen to him podcast about anything. Even when I'm only casually dialed in to the NBA, I always listen to his stuff.

Him and Jeff Van Gundy are always great together.

Usually, yes. If it's yesterday's pod, I'm glad the playoffs are here, because I'm sick of whining about rest games and MVP talk. I turned yesterday's off.

Poet
04-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Usually, yes. If it's yesterday's pod, I'm glad the playoffs are here, because I'm sick of whining about rest games and MVP talk. I turned yesterday's off.

Rest games are stupid but advantageous for the teams who use them. Anyone not voting for RWB as MVP is using contorted logic.

/podcast.

Buff
04-14-2017, 01:30 PM

Oh I tuned in specifically for the whining. I love how salty they both are. You will like today's playoff preview with David Thorpe better.

MOtorboat
04-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Oh I tuned in specifically for the whining. I love how salty they both are. You will like today's playoff preview with David Thorpe better.

Listening now. It wasn't really that I didn't want to listen to those two, because I normally enjoy that a lot, but their conversation has been the conversation du jour in the NBA world for about a month.

Buff
04-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Listening now. It wasn't really that I didn't want to listen to those two, because I normally enjoy that a lot, but their conversation has been the conversation du jour in the NBA world for about a month.

The MVP debate was a small portion. I thought that they had a really good conversation about general frustrations and things that need to change in the league. Wherein Jeff Van Gundy advocates doing away with halftime.

Poet
04-14-2017, 01:40 PM
The MVP debate was a small portion. I thought that they had a really good conversation about general frustrations and things that need to change in the league. Wherein Jeff Van Gundy advocates doing away with halftime.

Do you really like Jeff Van Gundy?

MOtorboat
04-14-2017, 01:41 PM

Right. Because that will fix the rest issue. Sometimes he is very interesting, I just don't care if Brooklyn runs out their 'A' lineup on the last night of the season when their 'A' lineup probably wouldn't have won anyway.

Buff
04-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Do you really like Jeff Van Gundy?

I love him. He's fantastic. He's all about substance and no BS. Great deadpan humor too.

Also - he looks like the Queen of Hearts.

Poet
04-14-2017, 01:43 PM
I love him. He's fantastic. He's all about substance and no BS. Great deadpan humor too.

Also - he looks like the Queen of Hearts.

Man...how do you feel about him being paired with Jackson?

Buff
04-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Man...how do you feel about him being paired with Jackson?

Jackson should have never tried to go back to coaching - I liked him as an announcer before but now don't look at him the same. But I honestly don't watch enough NBA broadcasts to have a strong opinion.

MOtorboat
04-16-2017, 12:10 AM
Without Gobert, old iso Joe and the Jazz take Game 1 in LA.

Poet
04-16-2017, 12:15 AM
The Celtics are the worst one seed I've ever seen.

BroncoWave
04-16-2017, 12:17 AM
Without Gobert, old iso Joe and the Jazz take Game 1 in LA.

That was a great game. What a tough, gritty effort by Utah. Favors was basically playing on one leg and had a really good game. I really like this Jazz team.

MOtorboat
04-16-2017, 12:21 AM
That was a great game. What a tough, gritty effort by Utah. Favors was basically playing on one leg and had a really good game. I really like this Jazz team.

Only caught the second half, but yes. Good game. I'm not a big fan of the Clippers, so don't mind when they lose. Chris Paul was pretty amazing. That said, I pretty much have a deep-seeded hatred of the Jazz so I can't really root for them either. But, yes, good game.

Poet
04-16-2017, 04:16 PM
The Blazers are the Warriors are playing a video game right now. Holy shit.

MOtorboat
04-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Wright Thompson on Pat Riley:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19233570/why-miami-heat-president-pat-riley-leave-nba

Buff
04-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Wright Thompson on Pat Riley:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19233570/why-miami-heat-president-pat-riley-leave-nba

Love Wright Thompson - will file this away for later.

MOtorboat
04-25-2017, 11:48 AM
Love Wright Thompson - will file this away for later.

It is a long read. This, apparently, is why I haven't seen anything from Wright for awhile.

Buff
04-25-2017, 11:56 AM
It is a long read. This, apparently, is why I haven't seen anything from Wright for awhile.

Wright only does the longest of longform pieces. Which is why I have to file it away for later - I know you can't just casually slide into his work.

MOtorboat
04-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Howard Beck's latest, on how we don't label players "the next Jordan" anymore and why. Interesting stuff. Buff, this is the article that goes with today's Lowe Post.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705916-the-ghost-of-the-goat-why-there-isnt-a-next-michael-jordan-anymore

Buff
04-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Howard Beck's latest, on how we don't label players "the next Jordan" anymore and why. Interesting stuff. Buff, this is the article that goes with today's Lowe Post.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705916-the-ghost-of-the-goat-why-there-isnt-a-next-michael-jordan-anymore

Thanks for the heads up - now I will read it before I go home so that I can listen to the podcast on my way home.

Buff
04-27-2017, 03:57 PM

Was it just me or was that Beck pod a real snooze fest?

MOtorboat
04-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Was it just me or was that Beck pod a real snooze fest?

I found it pretty interesting. This change from labeling everyone "the next MJ" has subconsciously happened and I find that kind me of fascinating myself. Not enough whining?

New one today...just downloaded. Didn't see who the guest was.

Buff
04-28-2017, 10:25 AM
I found it pretty interesting. This change from labeling everyone "the next MJ" has subconsciously happened and I find that kind me of fascinating myself. Not enough whining?

New one today...just downloaded. Didn't see who the guest was.

I just didn't find it relevant to anything going on. I suppose if you're a hardcore fan you might like to hear about fringe players who didn't pan out - but it just seemed out of place for a 1st round playoff podcast.

The new one is with the Jazz radio guy - I liked it.

MOtorboat
04-28-2017, 01:28 PM
I just didn't find it relevant to anything going on. I suppose if you're a hardcore fan you might like to hear about fringe players who didn't pan out - but it just seemed out of place for a 1st round playoff podcast.

The new one is with the Jazz radio guy - I liked it.

Arnovitz on the Clippers today.

MOtorboat
04-29-2017, 12:57 AM
https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/858189934653353984

Poet
04-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Bulls should have just played Rondo. Bulls should have just traded Jimmy Butler.

Slick
05-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Big blow losing Tony Parker last night. He was having a great game too. Can still maybe get by Houston but it will end there.

Poet
05-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Big blow losing Tony Parker last night. He was having a great game too. Can still maybe get by Houston but it will end there.

What happened to his knee?

Slick
05-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Said he tore a tendon. Out for the playoffs.

Poet
05-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Said he tore a tendon. Out for the playoffs.

:shocked:

Slick
05-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Yeah. Bummer.

Buff
05-04-2017, 12:43 PM

In fairness, they were always going to lose to GSW with or without TP.

MOtorboat
05-04-2017, 12:46 PM
George Hill is out tonight too. Looks like Golden State and Houston in the western conference finals.

Buff
05-04-2017, 12:47 PM
George Hill is out tonight too. Looks like Golden State and Houston in the western conference finals.

In fairness, Utah was always going to lose to GSW with or without GH.

MOtorboat
05-04-2017, 12:49 PM
In fairness, Utah was always going to lose to GSW with or without GH.

They were. I think it will be a sweep now. I could see them grabbing one at home before this.

Slick
05-04-2017, 02:42 PM
In fairness, they were always going to lose to GSW with or without TP.

San Antonio is the only team in the West that had a chance.

Poet
05-04-2017, 02:44 PM
The finals will be Cleveland vs GSW. Cleveland will win again - cementing LBJ as superior to MJ, Durant as a frontrunning loser, and the NBA will be awful.

Buff
05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
San Antonio is the only team in the West that had a chance.

I'd never count out Pop, but I think Houston's roster is uniquely built to try and contend with GSW. They've got a high volatility team of shooters who could outscore GSW on any given night. Their GM has talked about how since they aren't as talented they basically have to build a team that could potentially outscore them when they get hot. The Clips may have also been in that conversation before Blake got hurt. Utah has no shot whatsoever.

Slick
05-04-2017, 04:44 PM
I don't think any team can out shoot Golden State. Trying to do that will result in losing. You have to bully them. Cleveland is the only team that can beat them now. My Spurs are toast.

Buff
05-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I don't think any team can out shoot Golden State. Trying to do that will result in losing. You have to bully them. Cleveland is the only team that can beat them now. My Spurs are toast.

But I think the point is that you aren't going to be able to defend them effectively for 7 games because their talent will overwhelm you. So you've gotta be able to play the series of your life defensively AND outscore them. Lebron brings that element for Cleveland. Houston has resorted to surrounding Harden with a bunch of outside shooters and hoping to get hot. Anyway - I think we're mostly in agreement - it's gonna come down to GSW and CLE. I just think Houston has the talent and scoring ability to beat anyone when they are on.

Poet
05-04-2017, 11:21 PM
If you don't like watching the Warriors play basketball you don't like watching basketball. Highlight reel defense and offense....unselfish stars that play with chemistry... Simply incredible.

BroncoWave
05-04-2017, 11:24 PM
If you don't like watching the Warriors play basketball you don't like watching basketball. Highlight reel defense and offense....unselfish stars that play with chemistry... Simply incredible.

You know what I really liked? Seeing your father whoop that ass in the finals last year.

Poet
05-04-2017, 11:26 PM
You know what I really liked? Seeing your father whoop that ass in the finals last year.

My dad played soccer...and he's dead. Since 2004.

Simple Jaded
05-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Sure is a lot of fun watching Harden shoot free throws.

Poet
05-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Spurs ain't never scared.

Poet
05-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Harden with an airball?

Slick
05-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Houston has zero intermediate game. It's all 3s or drive to the bucket.

Poet
05-05-2017, 11:06 PM

They are another team with one good player and a bunch of meh players. Leonard and Aldridge style on them.

Slick
05-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Aldridge woke up King!

Poet
05-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Aldridge woke up King!

He was just resting!

Simple Jaded
05-09-2017, 09:40 PM

All 3's and flops.

Slick
05-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Yes!

Slick
05-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Old man Manu.

Simple Jaded
05-09-2017, 09:52 PM
The New Flop King getting ****** by the Original Flop King.

Slick
05-09-2017, 09:58 PM
48 of Houston's 86 shots were 3's.

Buff
05-10-2017, 12:08 PM
48 of Houston's 86 shots were 3's.

This is what I was trying to argue about why they are arguably better positioned to beat GSW. They are a high volatility team by design - they might score 140 some nights and 80 the next depending on whether their shots are falling. You're not going to beat GSW with a plodding intermediate game. You've gotta go all in and hope for the best.

Poet
05-10-2017, 12:10 PM
The New Flop King getting ****** by the Original Flop King.

??????????

Poet
05-10-2017, 12:11 PM
This is what I was trying to argue about why they are arguably better positioned to beat GSW. They are a high volatility team by design - they might score 140 some nights and 80 the next depending on whether their shots are falling. You're not going to beat GSW with a plodding intermediate game. You've gotta go all in and hope for the best.

So they're built for variance as a means to trump the elite teams?

Buff
05-10-2017, 12:18 PM
So they're built for variance as a means to trump the elite teams?

Correct. Their GM will readily admit that GSW is the superior team and therefore he has to construct his roster in a more creative way to give them a shot. Hence the Lou Williams trade when some were saying they should try to acquire more defense.

BTW - I'm mostly co-opting Zach Lowe opinions and passing them off as my own. Or opinions I've heard on his podcast. I trust him more than probably any NBA voice other than Woj.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Correct. Their GM will readily admit that GSW is the superior team and therefore he has to construct his roster in a more creative way to give them a shot. Hence the Lou Williams trade when some were saying they should try to acquire more defense.

BTW - I'm mostly co-opting Zach Lowe opinions and passing them off as my own. Or opinions I've heard on his podcast. I trust him more than probably any NBA voice other than Woj.

Morey is a stathead himself. He co-chairs the Sloan conference. He saw what Golden State was doing and decided to go old school with it, hiring the guy (D'Antoni) who basically originated the drive and kick three offense that Kerr utilizes and then went out and got D'Antoni a bunch of good 3-point shooters.

Echoing another Lowe Post pod, did you listen to the one where Arnovitz did the study about open 3 attempts with Houston vs. Oklahoma City and the majority of Houston's team was shooting over 40 percent from 3? What Houston doing is in no way an accident. Morey is trying to beat Golden State at their own game, but it doesn't look like they'll get past San Antonio to try.

Poet
05-10-2017, 12:27 PM

He sounds like a bright guy.

Cleveland will beat GS in six. Trust me, the Style God -- the only man in the world picking Cleveland to win in seven.

Buff
05-10-2017, 02:00 PM
He sounds like a bright guy.

Cleveland will beat GS in six. Trust me, the Style God -- the only man in the world picking Cleveland to win in seven.

I will be rooting for Bron Bron.

Poet
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM

I'll be rooting for GS. Bron Bron will win and that'll put him atop Jordan. I grew up in Illinois loving Jordan. I don't want MJ to be second best.

BroncoWave
05-10-2017, 02:36 PM

As will I, but I'll be pretty surprised if they can pull it off. They just don't have the firepower to match Golden State. I already think LeBron has passed Jordan, but if they pull this off, it won't even be a debate anymore.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2017, 02:56 PM
I think Jordan is beyond any comparisons - like Joe Montana in football.

LeBron is a great player, but will never be viewed as greater than Jordan by the general public. IMO, of course.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 03:03 PM
The minute Wave posted that I knew Joe would come swooping in. It never fails.

Slick
05-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Nick Wright needs to get his stomach full of LeBron's semen pumped.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Nick Wright needs to get his stomach full of LeBron's semen pumped.

Where is Nick Wright these days? I haven't heard him for awhile.

Slick
05-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Where is Nick Wright these days? I haven't heard him for awhile.

I've heard him on the Herd recently. I think he works for Fox.

Hawgdriver
05-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Excellent diction. "Swooping." el-oh

How's the fiction coming?

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Excellent diction. "Swooping." el-oh

How's the fiction coming?

Have not written fiction for awhile. You?

Hawgdriver
05-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Have not written fiction for awhile. You?

Same. Shame!

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 03:19 PM
I've heard him on the Herd recently. I think he works for Fox.

He left 610 for a station in Houston and popped up nationally every now and then. I wonder if he's still in Houston and just fills in. He's OK. He's better than Cowherd.

Slick
05-10-2017, 03:28 PM
He left 610 for a station in Houston and popped up nationally every now and then. I wonder if he's still in Houston and just fills in. He's OK. He's better than Cowherd.

I like Cowherd.

BroncoWave
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I think Jordan is beyond any comparisons - like Joe Montana in football.

LeBron is a great player, but will never be viewed as greater than Jordan by the general public. IMO, of course.

This is a weird stance, just refusing to even consider that certain historical greats can't be touched. Even moreso Montana, who has now been passed by Brady in every way possible.

slim
05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
So is King a Rockie fan yet?

slim
05-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Oh, wrong thread.

Is cincy a SB contender yet?

WTE
05-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Let's go Celtics tonight!

Who's with me?

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 04:15 PM
What is "going Celtics"?

slim
05-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Let's go Celtics tonight!

Who's with me?

Do they cheat as well?

WTE
05-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Do they cheat as well?

They just have real dirty players like Kelly Olynk.

Just look how bad ass he is!

Slick
05-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Teams like Boston, Washington, San Antonio and Houston are just cannon fodder at this point.

WTE
05-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Teams like Boston, Washington, San Antonio and Houston are just cannon fodder at this point.

I just want to get to the Eastern Conference Finals and see if we can avoid being swept.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2017, 04:32 PM

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I think LeBron is world class.

slim
05-10-2017, 04:35 PM
They just have real dirty players like Kelly Olynk.

Just look how bad ass he is!

He must be proud being the first openly gay player in NBA history

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 04:41 PM
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I think LeBron is world class.

He must have swayed you, because if I'm not mistaken you said you'd put Bird over him, and not that Bird isn't a top 10 player, he's not LeBron.

Slick
05-10-2017, 04:45 PM
You can't compare those players. The game has changed too much.

Stats are becoming skewed too. Expansion, 7 game 1st round series, etc.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2017, 04:47 PM
He must have swayed you, because if I'm not mistaken you said you'd put Bird over him, and not that Bird isn't a top 10 player, he's not LeBron.

Uh, I have no memory of that and it doesn't mesh with my view of LeBron. Again, I think you're confusing me with someone else. If I'm mistaken, I apologize and would retract that statement immediately.

I do hold Larry in high regard though.

Slick
05-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Larry was a boss. That era of the NBA was the best.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Uh, I have no memory of that and it doesn't mesh with my view of LeBron. Again, I think you're confusing me with someone else. If I'm mistaken, I apologize and would retract that statement immediately.

I do hold Larry in high regard though.

It's neither here nor there. Both top 10 players, I just personally think LeBron and Michael are the two best I've seen.

WTE
05-10-2017, 04:49 PM

True, LeBron doesn't play defense like Bird, he doesn't pass as good as Bird, hit FG's as good as Bird, hit clutch shots as good as Bird or hit FT's like Bird.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Larry was a boss. That era of the NBA was the best.

Man - the battles between the Celtics and Lakers were some of the best basketball I've ever watched.

Slick
05-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Man - the battles between the Celtics and Lakers were some of the best basketball I've ever watched.

Back when guards were guards, forwards were forwards and there were great big men too. I know I sound like an old man but I don't care.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Back when guards were guards, forwards were forwards and there were great big men too. I know I sound like an old man but I don't care.

Welcome to the club.

:yo:

slim
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM

The game has changed so much and not for the better IMHO.

Poet
05-10-2017, 05:00 PM
So is King a Rockie fan yet?

Go Dodgers.

slim
05-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Go Dodgers.

Straight to hell!

I agree!!

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 05:17 PM
True, LeBron doesn't play defense like Bird, he doesn't pass as good as Bird, hit FG's as good as Bird, hit clutch shots as good as Bird or hit FT's like Bird.

Lol.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 05:19 PM
The game has changed so much and not for the better IMHO.

I can't agree with this. The basketball right now is really good and really fun to watch.

slim
05-10-2017, 05:19 PM
LeBron cant kick FGs? Who knew?

Slick
05-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I can't agree with this. The basketball right now is really good and really fun to watch.

Lots of talented players no doubt. Real athletes. Houston's offense is boring as **** in my opinion. Harden brings it up, gets a screen, shoots a 3 or drives or kicks. Repeat for 48 minutes.

Poet
05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Straight to hell!

I agree!!

They're awesome.

LBJ, when he retires, will make a really good argument for GOAT. One thing that MJ has over him is that (at least from what I've seen) people believe that Jordan would have had as many as seven or eight championships had he stayed around.

LBJ also played in the easier conference and has lost in the finals with stacked teams.

But no player in the history of the game is as good of an all-around player as LBJ. It's not even close. And LBJ became a pretty good three point shooter, too. I suspect it will be a 1A 1B type of conversation.

slim
05-10-2017, 05:36 PM

What do you find fun about it?

BroncoWave
05-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Well, the fact that it's something that old men like you and Joe don't like is a good start. :D

slim
05-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Well, the fact that it's something that old men like you and Joe don't like is a good start. :D

We also don't like gay sex.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 05:50 PM

The athleticism is off the charts. The offenses are innovative and fast moving, it's not bogged down in the high low game like the 90s. LeBron is one of the greats. Curry, as much as I dislike him, had one of the all-time great shooting seasons ever in 15-16 (if not the best ever). Harden and Westbrook had all-time great seasons this year.

The crop of young big men is intriguing because of everything they can do: Karl Anthony-Towns, Jokic, Porzingis, Giannis, Embiid, etc.

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 05:51 PM

That's a salute.

Slick
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
They're awesome.

LBJ, when he retires, will make a really good argument for GOAT. One thing that MJ has over him is that (at least from what I've seen) people believe that Jordan would have had as many as seven or eight championships had he stayed around.

LBJ also played in the easier conference and has lost in the finals with stacked teams.

But no player in the history of the game is as good of an all-around player as LBJ. It's not even close. And LBJ became a pretty good three point shooter, too. I suspect it will be a 1A 1B type of conversation.

Expansion and the lack of good big men who patrolled the rim make it hard for me to have that conversation.

Poet
05-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Expansion and the lack of good big men who patrolled the rim make it hard for me to have that conversation.

LBJ had the easier era - FFS they allowed hand checking back then.

Idk, maybe LBJ just gets his jumper out of necessity earlier? ��

MOtorboat
05-10-2017, 06:08 PM

LBJ had the easier era - FFS they allowed hand checking back then.

Idk, maybe LBJ just gets his jumper out of necessity earlier? ��

But in that same mold, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon never had to face an athlete like James. They didn't make 6-8, 250, jump out of the gym and handle point duty players when they played.

BroncoWave
05-10-2017, 06:09 PM
People don't think that a physical specimen such as LeBron could have figured out how to play at an elite level during past eras? Come on. That's a weak argument to use against him. There's never been an athlete like him in the history of the game. Something tells me he would have done just fine in any era.

Poet
05-10-2017, 06:26 PM
But in that same mold, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon never had to face an athlete like James. They didn't make 6-8, 250, jump out of the gym and handle point duty players when they played.

This is very true. I just think they would impact him more than he would impact him. Mostly because there are more of them than there ar of him. I mean just the bigger help defenders alone would be difficult. It's all hypotheticals - LBJ is legit.

Slick
05-10-2017, 06:27 PM

I'm not taking anything away from LBJ. I'm just saying I'd have to see him play in that same era to settle the argument.

People don't think that a physical specimen such as LeBron could have figured out how to play at an elite level during past eras? Come on. That's a weak argument to use against him. There's nevar been an athlete like him in the history of the game. Something tells me he would have done just fine in any era.

Settle down. I'm not suggesting that he couldn't. You're arguing something that was never said.

Poet
05-10-2017, 06:28 PM
No one thinks he'd get stonewalled - and he'd adjust, but it would be another obstacle. MJ wouldn't have to adapt to as much, and his game is tailor made for this era, too. He'd have to get better at shooting threes.

WTE
05-11-2017, 06:47 AM
It was a horrible night for sports fans of our nation's capital.

The Capitals get shut out in Game 7. The Wizards show minimal urgency in pivotal Game 5 loss to the Celtics.

Poet
05-11-2017, 11:39 AM
I don't understand how the that hockey team...just...man.

Slick
05-11-2017, 07:40 PM
No Kawhi? Man. How are they up 11?

Poet
05-11-2017, 08:03 PM
No Kawhi? Man. How are they up 11?

The Rockets have one player who is legitimately good at the game. The Spurs don't seem likely to lose to that type of team, imo.

Slick
05-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Up 19 at the half. Not bad.

Poet
05-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Up 19 at the half. Not bad.

What is the extent of Kawhi's injury?

Slick
05-11-2017, 08:37 PM
What is the extent of Kawhi's injury?

He rolled his ankle last game. That's all I know.

Poet
05-11-2017, 08:41 PM
He rolled his ankle last game. That's all I know.

He gets extra rest now. Do you think Pop can scheme GS into the ground?

Slick
05-11-2017, 08:44 PM
He gets extra rest now. Do you think Pop can scheme GS into the ground?

I doubt it. Unlike Buff, I think San Antonio will play GS tougher. Spurs play much better defense than Houston. You aren't going to beat GS at their own game.

Slick
05-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Get effing smoked Houston. No Parker and no Kawhi. How embarrassing.

Hawgdriver
05-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Get effing smoked Houston. No Parker and no Kawhi. How embarrassing.

Go USAFA!

weazel
05-12-2017, 10:10 AM
I see Toronto lost in Toronto form. I guess it's cool that they still have a team?

Poet
05-14-2017, 05:41 PM
GS only won because Leonard went out injured.

Slick
05-15-2017, 09:07 AM

I missed the 4th quarter. Had to go pickup my wife and the baby from the airport.

It's a disappointing result. Spurs got no shot without Kawhi. He was balling too.

Hawgdriver
05-15-2017, 09:34 AM
What is the purpose of NBA teams #3 through 32? Ticket and merch sales?

dogfish
05-15-2017, 01:22 PM

absolutely. . . they were straight rollin' 'em, then pachulia sticks his foot under kawhi's ankle, and the warriors run off 16 unanswered points. . . i kind of hate to say it since i want the spurs to win, but it's just karma for that franchise-- bruce bowen patented that move back in the day, it's ironic to see it used against them. . . the spurs should throw some hot sauce on curry's ankles if that's how it's gonna be. . . maybe they can bring bruce out of retirement to do the job. . .