PDA

View Full Version : Fan Dies From Fall at Mile High

OrangeHoof
10-25-2016, 05:11 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17881339/fan-fell-30-50-feet-leaving-denver-broncos-game-died

Sorry, unable to cut and paste details.

RIP.

Dapper Dan
10-25-2016, 06:52 PM
From the article:

DENVER -- A fan who fell 30 to 50 feet while leaving Sports Authority Field at Mile High after the Denver Broncos game Monday night has died.

The Broncos identified the man as Jason Coy

The Denver Post reported that the incident happened at about 9:44 p.m. local time
The incident occurred near the north end of the stadium

Timmy!
10-25-2016, 07:05 PM
From what witnesses are saying, the guy was hammered and tried to slide down the railing, lost his balance and fell. Not a good way to go in my book.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2016, 09:26 PM
From what witnesses are saying, the guy was hammered and tried to slide down the railing, lost his balance and fell. Not a good way to go in my book.

I figured he had to be intoxicated. How terrible.

chazoe60
10-25-2016, 09:29 PM

Has anyone seen Pudge?

OrangeHoof
10-25-2016, 09:54 PM
I always imagine a scene like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McS1LCfVXak

Pudge
10-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Has anyone seen Pudge?

Like I could afford a ticket

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:32 PM
This was a sacrifice by the illuminati.

Dapper Dan
10-25-2016, 10:43 PM
I hate that this guy's kids lost their father and his wife is a widow. I honestly don't understand how people get so ****** up before and during games. A good buzz is nice but I want to appreciate the experience.

OrangeHoof
10-26-2016, 09:46 AM
The waiting list on season tickets is down one.

tripp
10-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Yikes. I was at the game and we were all wondering what the hell could of happened to have the ambulance racing by that quickly shortly after the game. Eventually heard someone fell, didn`t realize the guy died. Yikes

tubby
10-26-2016, 10:56 AM
We walked out very close to where it happened. My son said he saw a guy on a stretcher who looked dead. I wasn't paying attention and saw nothing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-26-2016, 11:03 AM
The waiting list on season tickets is down one.
Hm, might be time to get on the list.

Lynch12
10-26-2016, 11:21 AM
At least he'll go down as the one and only true die hard Broncos fan.

Hope he didnt have kids and etc though, it's going to be rough for them knowing there dad killed himself being goofy.

NightTrainLayne
10-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Guys, I know it's tempting to crack jokes, but this guy had 5 children as well as a wife now left behind.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/10/26/13416652/man-who-fell-to-his-death-left-behind-five-children

He was a father of five children aged six months to 11 years. According to the GoFundMe page setup to help support his family described Coy as, " an amazing husband, father, provider, and caring man. Jason's smile, laugh, and personality was felt by everyone he met. His family was his life, and while we cannot fill that loss, we can help ease the pain of the financial uncertainty that lies ahead."

There's a GoFundMe page set up for his family: https://www.gofundme.com/coy-family-fund-2wg9huk4

Someday those kids might go searching for stories about their Dad. They might end up here. Have a heart.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Guys, I know it's tempting to crack jokes, but this guy had 5 children as well as a wife now left behind.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/10/26/13416652/man-who-fell-to-his-death-left-behind-five-children

There's a GoFundMe page set up for his family: https://www.gofundme.com/coy-family-fund-2wg9huk4

Someday those kids might go searching for stories about their Dad. They might end up here. Have a heart.

From the article NTL posted -

The family insisted that no heavy alcohol use was involved, but the police will continue to investigate other factors that may be included in the most recent deadly fall.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2016, 05:42 PM
There was a moment when Jason Coy had a less-than-jovial expression on his face while giving a friendly greeting to his new neighbors in Milliken a few weeks back.

That’s when the neighbors on Wagon Trail Drive in Milliken mentioned that they were Seattle Seahawks fans.

“He had a very disappointed look on his face,” Heather West, 30, said, referring to Coy.

Coy, 36, was an ardent Denver Broncos’ fan, who had four season tickets and a garage filled with Broncos posters and team memorabilia. On Monday night following the Broncos’ game and on his way out of Sports Authority Field at Mile High, he lost his balance, tumbled over a railing and fell 60 feet to his death, according to a GoFundMe posting. Police say Coy had been sitting on the railing before falling.

Coy left behind a wife and five children, ages 11, 8, 5, 2 and 6 months, according to the GoFundMe profile.

“This family has lost an amazing husband, father, provider, and caring man. Jason’s smile, laugh, and personality was felt by everyone he met. His family was his life, and while we cannot fill that loss, we can help ease the pain of the financial uncertainty that lies ahead,” the GoFundMe profile says.

Neighbors including West wept when they spoke about Coy.

“That breaks my heart,” West said at her front porch Wednesday morning. “They just seemed like the nicest family. I never see them fighting. He was always outside playing with his kids. He was such a happy person.”

“He was such a good guy. Just a family man,” said another neighbor, who also broke down in tears. “He did so much for them.”

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/26/broncos-fan-fall-jason-coy/

BroncoJoe
10-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Heartbreaking.

tomjonesrocks
10-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. A lot of tight aisles with steep drops and a lot of people drink heavily.

OrangeHoof
10-26-2016, 08:46 PM
The old Mile High was built so long ago that one might believe there would be dangers out there. These new stadiums built 2000 and beyond seem to kill more people than the old ones with all their dangerous little traps. Don't these builders know that everyone waits to sue them nowadays? Where were the building inspectors? You have to think about these sort of things.

The father that dove for a home run ball and killed himself at a Rangers game. Did the builders not think somebody might try such a thing? It's not like there are 70,000 sane, obedient people in those stands. Some are going to push a building's safety codes to their limits.

Pudge
10-26-2016, 11:38 PM
The old Mile High was built so long ago that one might believe there would be dangers out there. These new stadiums built 2000 and beyond seem to kill more people than the old ones with all their dangerous little traps. Don't these builders know that everyone waits to sue them nowadays? Where were the building inspectors? You have to think about these sort of things.

The father that dove for a home run ball and killed himself at a Rangers game. Did the builders not think somebody might try such a thing? It's not like there are 70,000 sane, obedient people in those stands. Some are going to push a building's safety codes to their limits.

Shut up

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner

Lynch12
10-27-2016, 12:07 PM

I think he did his children and wife a disservice by his own actions if the story is true that hes sliding down a banister that led to his death.

Im sure all of our hearts go out to the family but this is one of those suicide type deals where you created your own death and now the love ones have to suffer.

slim
10-27-2016, 01:08 PM
I think he did his children and wife a disservice by his own actions if the story is true that hes sliding down a banister that led to his death.

Im sure all of our hearts go out to the family but this is one of those suicide type deals where you created your own death and now the love ones have to suffer.

You should try sliding down a few rails.

Lynch12
10-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I refuse, everything I do in life I do it with the thought of my family in mind. That's how you pretty much have to live. I'd hate to do something unnecessary and die and leave my family behind like that. This is no shot at this guy who died, just life shit. If he could do it all again I know he'd choose to not slide down a banister with a steep fall if you fall.

MasterShake
10-27-2016, 02:13 PM
I was at the game and heard the ambulances. Very sad story. I was near the top of the North Stands and just sitting there it feels like you are going to fall. On the way out you see several inebriated people high fiving each other while hanging off the railings on the ramps to the different levels and it's easy to see how an accident can happen. If the guy was drunk, sober, doing something stupid, or whatever it doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Just another reminder of how the flicker of your candle can be extinguished pretty quickly. The bottom line is this was a fellow fan with a family who went out to have a great time and it all ended tragically. I remember having a close call in a car accident in my early 20's (blindside T-Bone from a guy running a red light) and things like this always make me shudder.

Hawgdriver
10-28-2016, 04:20 PM
I refuse, everything I do in life I do it with the thought of my family in mind. That's how you pretty much have to live. I'd hate to do something unnecessary and die and leave my family behind like that. This is no shot at this guy who died, just life shit. If he could do it all again I know he'd choose to not slide down a banister with a steep fall if you fall.

If you are careful about falling from great heights then you might want to climb down off that high horse.

Valar Morghulis
10-28-2016, 04:46 PM
If you are careful about falling from great heights then you might want to climb down off that high horse.

Is hawg in the hall of fame..... Because he has earned a place in the last four posts

slim
10-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Is hawg in the hall of fame..... Because he has earned a place in the last four posts

He is so good he should change his username to bacondriver

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Omg!

I slid down a bannister once, this could've been me.

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 09:44 PM

Being on a high horse is not wanting to die unnecessarily and punish my wife and kids? Ill remain on my high horse then.

slim
10-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Accidents are selfish.

I hate people that have accidents.

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 09:52 PM
They call somebody speeding reckless and gets into a head on collision an accident too, my god he was only driving reckless and killed a family so cut him some slack.....

slim
10-28-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm glad you are perfect.

I wish I was.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 09:56 PM
I slid down bannisters all the time, in school and.......other places, I bet. I speed, too! I'm lucky to be alive.

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
If you only kill yourself the world is fine.

Dapper Dan
10-28-2016, 10:12 PM

Reported. No one talks to Jaded like that but me.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Reported. No one talks to Jaded like that but me.

Yeah!

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 10:17 PM

Was it something I said?

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Was it something I said?

Just people who do reckless things in general, I hate when others pay for there moronic reckless behavior.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Just people who do reckless things in general, I hate when others pay for there moronic reckless behavior.

But he only killed himself.

Dapper Dan
10-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Hey Lynch. Why didn't you do an intro thread?

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Hey Lynch. Why didn't you do an intro thread?

Same reason I havent posted anywhere else but football related sections, I had/have no interest in anything else.

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 10:54 PM
The introduction is right here in the mix talking broncos and other football stuff. Why? Do you need me to introduce myself to you?

Dapper Dan
10-28-2016, 11:33 PM
The introduction is right here in the mix talking broncos and other football stuff. Why? Do you need me to introduce myself to you?

That's the polite thing to do. We like to know what kind of people we're dealing with here. Obviously you're a John Lynch fan. What's the 12 for? Is that when you graduated? Is that your age? Do you have 12 toes? Or was it simply your middle school AAU jersey number?

LawDog
10-28-2016, 11:34 PM
This thread is neither Broncos nor football stuff. Great to see you pushing your boundaries, spread your wings and fly.

Dapper Dan
10-28-2016, 11:48 PM
This thread is neither Broncos nor football stuff. Great to see you pushing your boundaries, spread your wings and fly.

I think it started out that way. A guy died at the Broncos game.

OrangeHoof
10-28-2016, 11:55 PM
You need an introduction? Ok Here's one...

https://redd.it/51vru0

Welcome to Broncos Forum!

Simple Jaded
10-30-2016, 12:05 AM
That's the polite thing to do. We like to know what kind of people we're dealing with here. Obviously you're a John Lynch fan. What's the 12 for? Is that when you graduated? Is that your age? Do you have 12 toes? Or was it simply your middle school AAU jersey number?

I have three legs.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 01:40 AM

I am a john lynch fan, also paxton lynch, the 12 will remain disclosed.

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 01:44 AM
I am a john lynch fan, also paxton lynch, the 12 will remain disclosed.

That's not what disclosed means.

:wave:

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 01:47 AM
That's not what disclosed means.

:wave:

You get the point.

Dapper Dan
10-30-2016, 09:07 AM
I have three legs.

Is one up your arse?

Simple Jaded