PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 7

BroncoWave
10-24-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm on my phone and didn't watch this game as closely as others so this will be a short one.

Good:

CJ/Booker: They were both excellent tonight. Best we have run the ball all year. Was great to watch. Mo must have hated it. :D

Sanders: Dude is just steel. Another very solid game from the him.

Siemian: Nothing flashy, but he got the job done. Very solid game.

Defense: The whole unit gets on this list tonight. Easily their best game of the year. They completely shut Brock down.

Bad:

Nothing really jumps out to me as bad in this game. This was easily our most complete team game all season. This is the team I've been waiting to see.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Talib is so damned hood.

Poet
10-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Talib or Von Miller is DPOY. Talib so hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Bronco4ever
10-24-2016, 11:19 PM
A lot of good tonight. I felt pretty confident throughout, even down 6-0.

Bad: We had a string of 4 holding calls in the first 15 minutes of the game. It's hard to get the offense going when good plays are called back.

GEM
10-24-2016, 11:30 PM
A lot of good tonight. I felt pretty confident throughout, even down 6-0.

Bad: We had a string of 4 holding calls in the first 15 minutes of the game. It's hard to get the offense going when good plays are called back.

The Texans were holding pretty hardcore, but weren't called. It's hard to overcome refs calling every play one sided. I think the oline did pretty good despite that.

Hawgdriver
10-24-2016, 11:35 PM
thread should be "The Good and the Hood, week 7", so there's my lone criticism.

Next week should be interesting.

Watchthemiddle
10-24-2016, 11:44 PM
The good: Kubs was back. Maybe it was playing against Brock, but the team looked different. Talib (defensive player) gave Kubs the game ball after the game.

The bad: The first quarter on offense and slow starts. Our first first down came in the closing seconds of the quarter.

The ugly: San Diego coming to town next week. Our offense needs to step it up.

Simple Jaded
10-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Good, Talib catching the WR in midair on 3rd and short and clown hammering his face in the ground.

#thuglivesmatter

Bad, Jordan Norwood costing team a TD on a perfectly thrown pass.

#stillcantfigureoutwhyhesticksaround
#thenewnatejackson

Joel
10-25-2016, 12:25 AM
The Bad: Gruden and Co. noted Houston has the leagues 3rd worst run D, and their 2nd best pass D was down 3 safeties, a CB and JJ Watt, with even Jonathan Joseph playing hurt. The offense performed far better than it has against the other garbage Ds we've faced so far, but is hardly out of the woods. The reality is that Houston's just not a good team. I'd like to believe we've magically and inexplicably turned a corner, but the evidence is... inconclusive.

Solid beatdown of a bad team though; our coaches are fully vindicated (because winning a SB while Houston was getting blown out and SHUT out hadn't done that.)

Tebowtime2011
10-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Bad: Interior pass rush. I don't like how easily Brock was able to step up in the pocket and that there were lanes for him to run through. I know Brock running the ball isn't a huge concern, but if he doesn't have that space to step up or those lanes to run through then we get a few more sacks and qb hits. I'm just being picky. Can't be mad at that defensive effort. Solid game. Time for vengeance on Sunday.

GEM
10-25-2016, 12:53 AM
The hood: Talib doing hood things!

The badass: Derek Wolfe dislocating a finger, popping it back in place and returning a play later.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2016, 12:56 AM
Bad, Todd Davis, dude sucks.

I think Denver should move Marshall back to his '15 spot and move Dakota Watson inside.

Btw, NFL officiating sucks too.

Timmy!
10-25-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm developing a man crush on Booker. I really think we nailed it on that pick.

Bronco4ever
10-25-2016, 01:13 AM
The Texans were holding pretty hardcore, but weren't called. It's hard to overcome refs calling every play one sided. I think the oline did pretty good despite that.

Yep. O-line played better as the game wore on. It's more that we had a bunch of holding penalties against SD last week, so it's definitely not a good trend. Our offense did very well when we weren't constantly pushed back 10 yards, so I think it's worth noting when holding penalties stunt our drives.

VonDoom
10-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Bad, Todd Davis, dude sucks.

I think Denver should move Marshall back to his '15 spot and move Dakota Watson inside.

Btw, NFL officiating sucks too.

Marshall got hurt and might not play on Sunday, so you'll have to wait to see if they adjust. I actually didn't think Davis was that bad in this game, but Nelson was playing a lot in place of him down the stretch.

VonDoom
10-25-2016, 08:55 AM
The good - ah, a running game! For all the talk of Booker "taking CJ's job", they both did a great job last night. Statistically, CJ was better but I loved both of them. Of course, maybe the Texans are just bad against the run, as Joel pointed out, so we'll have to see if they can keep it up. But considering how good the Texans are in pass defense, this was the right strategy and it paid off well.

Pass defense was on point. Osweiler looked lost out there (and again, maybe he just sucks) and we took advantage. Their best offensive play was a questionable PI on Ward.

Siemian - didn't have to do much, but did it well. No turnovers, his usual poise ... looked more like himself last night.

Kick coverage - everyone did a great job getting down the field and pinning them inside the 20 on kickoffs.

The bad - penalties like crazy, especially on our line. We got better as the game went on with that, though.

Run defense still isn't the greatest. They rushed 25 times for 140 yards (5.6 ypc) against us, and they only had to abandon it because we were rolling them.

Kubiak got too conservative at the end of the half. Didn't come back to haunt us but I was worried when it was 14-9 and they were driving.

The ugly - DT with another drop. Come on, man!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-25-2016, 08:58 AM
The good - ah, a running game! For all the talk of Booker "taking CJ's job", they both did a great job last night. Statistically, CJ was better but I loved both of them. Of course, maybe the Texans are just bad against the run, as Joel pointed out, so we'll have to see if they can keep it up. But considering how good the Texans are in pass defense, this was the right strategy and it paid off well.

Pass defense was on point. Osweiler looked lost out there (and again, maybe he just sucks) and we took advantage. Their best offensive play was a questionable PI on Ward.

Siemian - didn't have to do much, but did it well. No turnovers, his usual poise ... looked more like himself last night.

Kick coverage - everyone did a great job getting down the field and pinning them inside the 20 on kickoffs.

The bad - penalties like crazy, especially on our line. We got better as the game went on with that, though.

Run defense still isn't the greatest. They rushed 25 times for 140 yards (5.6 ypc) against us, and they only had to abandon it because we were rolling them.

Kubiak got too conservative at the end of the half. Didn't come back to haunt us but I was worried when it was 14-9 and they were driving.

The ugly - DT with another drop. Come on, man!

DT drops too many passes, but I disagree with Gruden on that one. He had to turn his body 180 degrees in the air to try and grab it because it was so far behind him. The timing of that pass was late

Mike
10-25-2016, 09:24 AM
DT drops too many passes, but I disagree with Gruden on that one. He had to turn his body 180 degrees in the air to try and grab it because it was so far behind him. The timing of that pass was late

It was a back shoulder pass, receivers do it all the time. He should have caught it.

Bad: Dixon. Denver needs a better punter.

Hard to complain about anything else.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 09:24 AM

I don't think that's much of an excuse for that drop. When it hits you right between your hands you have to catch it. A WR that gets paid what he does has to make that catch.

MasterShake
10-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Seeing Brock crap the bed in person was glorious.

The Good:

The Defense was outstanding. Talib and Harris completely shut down both sides of the field. Brock was so worried about getting sacked that he seemed to throw it to his outlet receiver before running his checkdowns. His "air fumble" probably came from having a death grip on the ball from being terrified. His completions were basically throwaways for 2 yard gains because they were in the backfield all day.

CJ and Booker. Nice to have a one two punch at running back. Booker is a huge upgrade over Hillman despite what my stupid coworker was trying to tell me. You hear that Mike??

Siemian was actually the one that got our offense going which led to the running game kicking in. His first TD drive to go up 7-6 was beautiful and he dropped a couple of dimes on Sanders. The first game where I didn't think, "Oh! That should've been intercepted". He is exactly what this offense needs him to be but he can turn it up when he has to.

The Bad:

Another slow start. Those early 3 and outs and holding penalties really killed the crowd.

Punting could be a little better.

All in all this was a good game. Now we need to keep that momentum and knock the Charagers back to the basement next week.

GEM
10-25-2016, 09:40 AM
I don't think that's much of an excuse for that drop. When it hits you right between your hands you have to catch it. A WR that gets paid what he does has to make that catch.

"He's just not catching the ball very well." :laugh: Gruden cracks me up.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Good:

Outside of the first quarter penalties, the O-line did a fine job. Houston isn't a world-beater on run defense, but we needed a game like that to actually get some confidence in what they're doing. Stephenson seemed to be getting back to himself. Okung had one really ticky-tack holding penalty. Paradis, and the interior line were doing much better.

Bad:

Slow start again, and due to penalties. Gotta clean that up.

Marshall pulled his hamstring. I'm guessing he doesn't play on Sunday. That will be a problem against the very potent Chargers offense.

VonDoom
10-25-2016, 09:48 AM

Yeah, I haven't watched it again, but I thought it was just a route where he stopped to let the CB run by and then turned back for the ball. And it went right through his hands.

broncofaninfla
10-25-2016, 09:50 AM
It was good to see the running game do so well but not sure how much of that was Denver playing good and how much of that was Houston’s run defense playing awful. The slow start was concerning as was the play of the offensive line early in the game but things got better after the play calling got more balanced. Also liked Phillips using more zone to keep the running backs and TE’s in check, I expect a similar game plan for the Bolts this weekend.

VonDoom
10-25-2016, 09:50 AM
It was a back shoulder pass, receivers do it all the time. He should have caught it.

Dixon had one bad punt (where I believe he got run into and should have drawn a penalty). I think it's just his kicking style that bothers people. He doesn't boom kicks, but he does sky them and give the coverage team a chance to get there. I looked it up (since I don't know punting stats off the top of my head) and we're 16th in the league in gross and 10th in the league in net, at 43.1 yards per punt. Last year, for example, we were 28th and 20th in those categories, respectively.

CoachChaz
10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
I'll go with what many will consider bad. Hung out with some friends last night and one od them happens to work dor rhe Cowboys. He's usually food for some minor insider info and told us that Dallas was trying pretty hard to get Denver to take Romo in a trade.

VonDoom
10-25-2016, 09:52 AM
It was good to see the running game do so well but not sure how much of that was Denver playing good and how much of that was Houston’s run defense playing awful. The slow start was concerning as was the play of the offensive line early in the game but things got better after the play calling got more balanced. Also liked Phillips using more zone to keep the running backs and TE’s in check, I expect a similar game plan for the Bolts this weekend.

Good point. Didn't Gruden talk all week about how we should play more zone, and Wade quipped that Gruden had been out of the game a while? Well, he must have had the same idea, because we used zone coverage effectively. It's good to mix it up occasionally, especially when teams are exploiting us.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Dixon had one bad punt (where I believe he got run into and should have drawn a penalty). I think it's just his kicking style that bothers people. He doesn't boom kicks, but he does sky them and give the coverage team a chance to get there. I looked it up (since I don't know punting stats off the top of my head) and we're 16th in the league in gross and 10th in the league in net, at 43.1 yards per punt. Last year, for example, we were 28th and 20th in those categories, respectively.

Dixon has been kinda a tough player to evaluate. His overall numbers are decent enough, but he seems to shank like 1 punt a week which usually sticks in everyone's head.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 09:57 AM
I'll go with what many will consider bad. Hung out with some friends last night and one od them happens to work dor rhe Cowboys. He's usually food for some minor insider info and told us that Dallas was trying pretty hard to get Denver to take Romo in a trade.

Eh, I'm not concerned about that. I don't see any way Elway would pull the trigger on such a deal. This current team is built around having a cheap QB for the next 3-4 years. Romo still has 3 huge years left on his deal, so that would kinda blow up that plan, and he's also not really a fit for this offense. I would be stunned if Elway bit.

broncofaninfla
10-25-2016, 10:04 AM

I like Romo but I wouldn't want his health issues or his contract. Plus he'd get killed behind our oline. I'm happy with Siemian at this point, the kid is playing smart and shows a lot of potential. Our offensive line and the uber conservative play calling haven’t done him many favors but he’s been solid at QB for us.

Northman
10-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Considering that Kubes went conservative to end the first half to trade for Romo would put that type of thinking at risk. Kubes seems to be fine with leaning on the defense and limit mistakes and turnovers. Its one reason why Sanchez was let go. Taking care of the ball is imperative to success for this team so bringing in a guy like Romo who can at times be very careless with the football would not be ideal for the Broncos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-25-2016, 11:16 AM

Back should throws are reserved for fades, not crossing patterns with velocity.

Valar Morghulis
10-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Romo is too old, too expensive and too broken.

Just my humble option of course.

Would love us to make room for Thomas though, restructure DT and or talib (not sure if they both have that clause in their contract), the browns want a second? Give them a third and Shaq Barrett. Thomas, Garcia, paradis, Stephenson, okung. Beautiful. Back to back lol

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 11:22 AM

If the ball was simply thrown over the top that's a touchdown man, DT burned the shit out of that corner from the start, Trevor needs to start taking advantage of these dbs getting burned instead of wasting the smoke on a back shoulder fade.

underrated29
10-25-2016, 11:35 AM
If Romo is the throw in and they are trading us one or more of their Ol, id be all in favor. They can take paradis and our 2nd and we will take frederick and romo.....(yes I know itll never happen. not madden.hoes is a dirtbag stuff)

Northman
10-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I would give them Schmofield for Elliott.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 01:18 PM
I would give them Schmofield for Elliott.

I'd make them throw in Dak as well. :D

Tned
10-25-2016, 01:19 PM
"He's just not catching the ball very well." :laugh: Gruden cracks me up.

But, but, he's doing everything else you want from a receiver... Lol

I actually really like Chucky.

Tned
10-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Dixon has been kinda a tough player to evaluate. His overall numbers are decent enough, but he seems to shank like 1 punt a week which usually sticks in everyone's head.

He's yet to have a shank. Most people would consider a shank 20 or 30 yard pubt. I think he's only had one less than 40 and it was high 30s, going by memory.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 01:26 PM
If the ball was simply thrown over the top that's a touchdown man, DT burned the shit out of that corner from the start, Trevor needs to start taking advantage of these dbs getting burned instead of wasting the smoke on a back shoulder fade.

Most NFL throws aren't going to be perfect, especially from a young QB. DT gets paid the big bucks to make those kinds of catches. No excuse for that drop.

GEM
10-25-2016, 01:53 PM
But, but, he's doing everything else you want from a receiver... Lol

I actually really like Chucky.

I said the same to my dad...like whoa! That's all he has to do...catch....the...damn...ball! You have one job, DT! :D

Simple Jaded
10-25-2016, 04:12 PM
I'd make them throw in Dak as well. :D

You'd relegate your dude to 3rd string just so he could be on your favorite team? Think of his career, it's not all about you.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Most NFL throws aren't going to be perfect, especially from a young QB. DT gets paid the big bucks to make those kinds of catches. No excuse for that drop.

Who said throw had to be perfect? Hiw about just lead your receiver when hes clearly burning the hell out of the defensive back? Nothing worst than seeing that corner beat bad deep and having to stop on a dime and twist for a back shoulder catch. Sorry but that's on Trevor there, throw the damn ball up and allow your wideout to run underneath it.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Who said throw had to be perfect? Hiw about just lead your receiver when hes clearly burning the hell out of the defensive back? Nothing worst than seeing that corner beat bad deep and having to stop on a dime and twist for a back shoulder catch. Sorry but that's on Trevor there, throw the damn ball up and allow your wideout to run underneath it.

That pass was absolutely perfect, you're not describing a back shoulder throw here. Which is obviously what they were trying to do in this case.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Personally, I think this is just who/what DT as this point, he's just got average hands and he's good for 1 or 2 drops a game. It's a pattern.

Rod Smith went through this too but he broke out of it.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 05:12 PM

The ball went right through his hands, man. I know you don't like Siemian, but an NFL WR, especially one paid like DT, has to make that catch.

gregbroncs
10-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Who said throw had to be perfect? Hiw about just lead your receiver when hes clearly burning the hell out of the defensive back? Nothing worst than seeing that corner beat bad deep and having to stop on a dime and twist for a back shoulder catch. Sorry but that's on Trevor there, throw the damn ball up and allow your wideout to run underneath it.The pass was almost perfect. It is a legitimate and deadly play to go to a back shoulder throw in that situation. You expect an average WR to make that catch 90% of the time. Somebody being paid like DT should catch it. It was a fairly routine catch that he flat out dropped.

Poet
10-25-2016, 05:18 PM
I bet that most fan bases nitpick their highly paid WR's to death. If the Broncos had Brown, Bryant, Jones, Green, et al. it would be the same thing.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 05:19 PM
I bet that most fan bases nitpick their highly paid WR's to death. If the Broncos had Brown, Bryant, Jones, Green, et al. it would be the same thing.

DT was third in the NFL in drops last year. I'd be willing to bet none of those guys you listed were one of the two that dropped more.

Simple Jaded
10-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Kinger, you know who makes that catch, don't you? AJ Green.

I said it! That just happened.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Personally, I think this is just who/what DT as this point, he's just got average hands and he's good for 1 or 2 drops a game. It's a pattern.

Rod Smith went through this too but he broke out of it.

DT will improve the consistency of his catch-concentration skill with time. He's made some killer catches with high degree of difficulty in terms of contorted body/defender/ball placement, but he has odd lapses in less difficult conditions. My expert opinion (slightly less reliable than outright bullshit) is that he hears footsteps in those easier catches (the harder catches, there is not that mental guesswork about defender position/action) but he'll have superior awareness during this last half of his career.

Tned
10-25-2016, 06:08 PM
A few stats from Lammey.

Trevor was 7th worst QB this week in off target throws.

He was blitzed 72% of passes, with 1 QB contact.

Third fastest QB this week in getting pass out - 2.22 second average.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-25-2016, 07:00 PM
DT was third in the NFL in drops last year. I'd be willing to bet none of those guys you listed were one of the two that dropped more.

Maybe not, but two elite receivers he compares to historically have both been in the top two or three in drops nearly every year they played, that being Terrel Owens and Brandon Marshall.
All 3 receivers are one of the best at their position at run after the catch, which has a lot to do with why they have so many drops, and all 3 will likely be in the HOF one day.

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 07:48 PM
DT will improve the consistency of his catch-concentration skill with time. He's made some killer catches with high degree of difficulty in terms of contorted body/defender/ball placement, but he has odd lapses in less difficult conditions. My expert opinion (slightly less reliable than outright bullshit) is that he hears footsteps in those easier catches (the harder catches, there is not that mental guesswork about defender position/action) but he'll have superior awareness during this last half of his career.

He's been in the league, what, 6 or 7 years at this point? I think he pretty much is who he is now. His hands have seemingly gotten worse not better. I don't know that it's something that will drastically improve.

Poet
10-25-2016, 07:51 PM

You do realize that until last year A.J. Green was a total no-show in the playoffs and had a ton of drops. I'm not trying to destroy you, but I just did. Now worship me you silly bitch. :D

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Maybe not, but two elite receivers he compares to historically have both been in the top two or three in drops nearly every year they played, that being Terrel Owens and Brandon Marshall.
All 3 receivers are one of the best at their position at run after the catch, which has a lot to do with why they have so many drops, and all 3 will likely be in the HOF one day.

This is not an unfair point. You take the bad with the good for someone who makes the great plays DT does, but his lack of consistency can be frustrating. The drop last night wasn't even one where he was trying to turn an run upfield before securing the catch. Those I can at least understand. He was totally facing the ball and just flat out dropped it.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:18 PM
The ball went right through his hands, man. I know you don't like Siemian, but an NFL WR, especially one paid like DT, has to make that catch.

Who said I dont like Trevor? The ball hits wideout in the hands so what? The ball touches the quarterback hands every play, that quarterback should be able to take advantage of there guy burning a corner deep.

I think Trevor is the perfect back-up quarterback, I think he's laser accurate from 15 yards in, I just dont think thats good enough to be a franchise quarterback.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:19 PM

Right, especially when said WR has been stop his position for years despite poor quarterback play last year and mediocre quarterback play.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:22 PM

He's also top 2at his position, pive with the drops, every wideout drops passes, the volume of passes he receives compared to the drops isn't even relevant.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:24 PM

The one who cant get his team over the hump? The one whopro hasn't accomplished the things DT has? Sorry ill take my guy over green, whose great but DT>>>>Green.

Lynch12
10-25-2016, 10:29 PM
This is not an unfair point. You take the bad with the good for someone who makes the great plays DT does, but his lack of consistency can be frustrating. The drop last night wasn't even one where he was trying to turn an run upfield before securing the catch. Those I can at least understand. He was totally facing the ball and just flat out dropped it.

No he actually burned his guy deep and was expecting a ball over the top, instead Trevor delivers an back shoulder throw, making the whole thing more difficult instead of an easy over the top deep ball. We have two of the best deep threats in the game and niether of them have nomore than 1over the top deep ball for scores.

underrated29
10-25-2016, 10:38 PM
It was a terrible drop. Hands down (pun). No question. Darius watts could have made that catch.

DT knew it when he smacked his hands together like saying "damn I dropped it! I wish I was elite"
#justformo

BroncoWave
10-25-2016, 10:41 PM
No he actually burned his guy deep and was expecting a ball over the top, instead Trevor delivers an back shoulder throw, making the whole thing more difficult instead of an easy over the top deep ball. We have two of the best deep threats in the game and niether of them have nomore than 1over the top deep ball for scores.

Dude, you have no ****ing idea what play was called. A back shoulder throw could easily have been the playcall.

And you are still distracting from the point. The ball literally went right through his hands. There is no excuse for not making that catch.

Simple Jaded
10-26-2016, 02:24 AM
You do realize that until last year A.J. Green was a total no-show in the playoffs and had a ton of drops. I'm not trying to destroy you, but I just did. Now worship me you silly bitch. :D

Who you calling silly?

ShaneFalco
10-26-2016, 02:28 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xxrE0ih4oBFULS/source.gif

Simple Jaded
10-26-2016, 02:28 AM
The one who cant get his team over the hump? The one whopro hasn't accomplished the things DT has? Sorry ill take my guy over green, whose great but DT>>>>Green.

I'll take DT over Green.

Maybe.

Or not.

Unless...

No, definitely probably.

Valar Morghulis
10-26-2016, 02:49 AM
I think I just need to accept DT will always drop more easy catches than others who are regarded as top 5 in that position. I bet he is a better downfield blocker than green. So there is that.

If I have that expectation, maybe I won't throw my tv out the window next time it happens

Timmy!
10-26-2016, 03:25 AM
DT is DT....and he's a Bronco for likely a long time, and will be in the ring of fame some day. Did we over pay? Maybe......Do his random drops make me crazy? Yes.......Does he make ridiculous catches too? Yup......does he lead the league in TD catches since 2012? Indeed......Is having him and Sanders locked up till something like 2020 kick ass? For sure.

Northman
10-26-2016, 03:55 AM

Basically.

The money is already spent so you are going to get the good with the bad with DT.

Northman
10-26-2016, 03:59 AM

I Believe VK would agree with you on that point.

Northman
10-26-2016, 04:00 AM
It was a terrible drop. Hands down (pun). No question. Darius watts could have made that catch.

DT knew it when he smacked his hands together like saying "damn I dropped it! I wish I was elite"
#justformo

Watts?

Pfft, Marcus Nash would of made that catch.

Lynch12
10-26-2016, 04:58 AM
Dude, you have no ****ing idea what play was called. A back shoulder throw could easily have been the playcall.

And you are still distracting from the point. The ball literally went right through his hands. There is no excuse for not making that catch.

The way thomas bursted down the field says he was running the go route, it was very obvious.

Lynch12
10-26-2016, 05:04 AM
I think I just need to accept DT will always drop more easy catches than others who are regarded as top 5 in that position. I bet he is a better downfield blocker than green. So there is that.

If I have that expectation, maybe I won't throw my tv out the window next time it happens

Like the pass that julio dropped that led to an int to lose them the falcons game? Drops happen, and.that was a routine catch for Julio as well.

Valar Morghulis
10-26-2016, 05:46 AM
Like the pass that julio dropped that led to an int to lose them the falcons game? Drops happen, and.that was a routine catch for Julio as well.

I don't really know how this relates to the quoted post

Should drops not annoy fans?
Should the player not be annoyed?
Is it ok because Julio dropped one too?
Should we not expect easy catches to be made by well paid players?
Should I not accept it as part of his game?
Should I not be content with the other areas of his job description that he does excel at?

EastCoastBronco
10-26-2016, 06:33 AM
I think a one drop night is good for DT.
I was surprised as hell when he didn't find a way to drop that one in the end zone.
Really.

Tned
10-26-2016, 07:19 AM

#justformo

Tried to respond last night, but my tablet keyboard was fubar'd last night.

Damn, you dug deep with that Watts reference/zinger.

Man, I loved Watts. Sucks he had that mutilated claw hand and could never consistently catch the ball.

NightTerror218
10-26-2016, 12:23 PM
The good.... the oline did not give up a sack or a QB hit this game.

The bad...first quarter holding penalties.

LawDog
10-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, still trying to figure out this football thing, but if a WR1 "burned" the defender on a "go" route wouldn't the defender be between the receiver and the line of scrimmage, not further down field? Just asking.

Lynch12
10-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, still trying to figure out this football thing, but if a WR1 "burned" the defender on a "go" route wouldn't the defender be between the receiver and the line of scrimmage, not further down field? Just asking.

You clearly can't evaluate an entire play, just stick to casual game watching. The db is burned immediately, only thing you see is DT slowing down to come back for the ball. Any top flight quarterback recognizes the db is finished off the break and thats a long ball for a touchdown. Unless he drops it.

Hawgdriver
10-26-2016, 04:41 PM
You clearly can't evaluate an entire play, just stick to casual game watching. The db is burned immediately, only thing you see is DT slowing down to come back for the ball. Any top flight quarterback recognizes the db is finished off the break and thats a long ball for a touchdown. Unless he drops it.

I'm just grateful you're providing all this gold for free. I would have lived my life under the flawed assumption that a burned defender was trailing the receiver, unable to catch up.

Lynch12
10-26-2016, 05:11 PM
What you think this is college football where burned means the defender is trailing by 15 yards? Okay.

3-4 steps is burned. Anything more in the nfl is just embarrassing.

LawDog
10-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Classic walk back...

Hawgdriver
10-26-2016, 08:21 PM
What you think this is college football where burned means the defender is trailing by 15 yards? Okay.

3-4 steps is burned. Anything more in the nfl is just embarrassing.

No idea dude, but I know I can count on you for enlightenment.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-26-2016, 10:51 PM
This thread keeps on giving

Lynch12
10-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Classic walk back...

Walk it out.

NightTerror218
10-27-2016, 03:40 PM
The bad. Cjs injury

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 09:46 PM
The Good, that spot on, back shoulder throw.

The Bad, Lynch12's understanding of what a back shoulder throw is.

BroncoWave
10-28-2016, 10:01 PM
The Good, that spot on, back shoulder throw.

The Bad, Lynch12's understanding of what a back shoulder throw is.

What was worse? DT's hands on that play or Lynch's interpretation of the throw?

Simple Jaded
10-28-2016, 10:13 PM
What was worse? DT's hands on that play or Lynch's interpretation of the throw?

Great question, I'm glad you asked.

In my flawed and painfully uneducated opinion it's clear to me that DT's hands, more importantly, his effort were severely lacking in this case. I've seen retarded female chimps make harder catches, the level of fail is bordering on Yashashaler lows.

Having said that, Lynch12 was far worse.

Lynch12
10-28-2016, 10:23 PM
These dudes haven't noticed that everytime a ball does travel 15 yards or more it's a back shoulder AND not a deep ball.

MOtorboat
10-29-2016, 01:19 PM
The way thomas bursted down the field says he was running the go route, it was very obvious.

No. It says he could be running a go route, an in route, a back shoulder pass, a hitch. Bursting down the field means about 18 different things. In this case he used it for a back shoulder throw. It was a called play. It's a timing pass. You don't just throw a back shoulder pass when your receiver isn't expecting it, because the receiver wouldn't have time to react. Thomas did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play, Siemian did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play and Thomas just dropped it.

The defender was not burned deep, which is exactly why I think the two were going for a back shoulder pass, because they felt like the defender (whether it was called by the coaches or on a hand signal from Siemian to Thomas, we can't know) was primed for that play. It was actually a brilliant call by whoever made it (Siemian or Kubiak or Thomas), and Thomas just has to catch the football.

capt. Jack
10-29-2016, 01:55 PM
The good is we are 5-2! The bad is we didn't rough up Brock enough!!!

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 01:44 AM
No. It says he could be running a go route, an in route, a back shoulder pass, a hitch. Bursting down the field means about 18 different things. In this case he used it for a back shoulder throw. It was a called play. It's a timing pass. You don't just throw a back shoulder pass when your receiver isn't expecting it, because the receiver wouldn't have time to react. Thomas did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play, Siemian did exactly what he was supposed to do on that play and Thomas just dropped it.

The defender was not burned deep, which is exactly why I think the two were going for a back shoulder pass, because they felt like the defender (whether it was called by the coaches or on a hand signal from Siemian to Thomas, we can't know) was primed for that play. It was actually a brilliant call by whoever made it (Siemian or Kubiak or Thomas), and Thomas just has to catch the football.

You're wrong. The corner was burnt, qbs and wrs with chemistry and talent knows that's vertical allday when a guy is beat that early.

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 01:52 AM
You're wrong. The corner was burnt, qbs and wrs with chemistry and talent knows that's vertical allday when a guy is beat that early.

True. He was burnt. But it wasn't on a go route. It was on the comeback/back shoulder, whatever you want to call it.

I don't know what you think you saw, but he wasn't burnt deep.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 10:52 AM
True. He was burnt. But it wasn't on a go route. It was on the comeback/back shoulder, whatever you want to call it.

I don't know what you think you saw, but he wasn't burnt deep.

You've fast forwarded too farpro down and took thepro snapshot. You have to go back more. The db was burnt EARLY. The shot to go deep was there until thomas started slowing down a bit where you took the pic.

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 11:19 AM
You've fast forwarded too farpro down and took thepro snapshot. You have to go back more. The db was burnt EARLY. The shot to go deep was there until thomas started slowing down a bit where you took the pic.

The shot for a one on one jump ball deep was there. But that wasn't the play call. I don't know what to tell you, other than stop posting, that would be my advice at this point.

Do you want me to stop it here?

Here?

Here?

VonDoom
10-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Thank you. I couldn't post the screenshots but I had watched it a few times. He was never three of four yards ahead of the CB

BroncoWave
10-30-2016, 11:36 AM
:lol: Let's see how Lynch magically explains those screenshots away.

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Thank you. I couldn't post the screenshots but I had watched it a few times. He was never three of four yards ahead of the CB

They had him leaning deep, so the comeback was the right call. Sure, they could have thrown a one-on-one jump ball there, and sometimes you have to do that, like when you're trailing against San Diego. But that was not one of those times, up by several scores. Thomas needs to catch that pass.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 12:19 PM
The shot for a one on one jump ball deep was there. But that wasn't the play call. I don't know what to tell you, other than stop posting, that would be my advice at this point.

Here?

Here?

I like how you tried to appear as if you've taken all the shots, you must have forgot the part where he was beaten EARLY like I said, keep rewinding and try again.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Since your taking pictures of what you want to see manipulating the entire subject just post a video of the damn play and auit thinking your slick for cool points.

Smh such a amateur.

BroncoWave
I like how you tried to appear as if you've taken all the shots, you must have forgot the part where he was beaten EARLY like I said, keep rewinding and try again.

:lol: Dude that shot doesn't exist. Just give up and admit you were wrong about that play.

MOtorboat
Since your taking pictures of what you want to see manipulating the entire subject just post a video of the damn play and auit thinking your slick for cool points.

Smh such a amateur.

Ahahahaha. Derp.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Exactly he wont post pictures from the beginning to the middle of the play, very manipulative lol, and this guy above is buying it. Good job motor, your manipulating skills work on the weak. Youpro are not fooling me though, I actually watched the game, watched the play. Sorry bro

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Exactly he wont post pictures from the beginning to the middle of the play, very manipulative lol, and this guy above is buying it. Good job motor, your manipulating skills work on the weak. Youpro are not fooling me though, I actually watched the game, watched the play. Sorry bro

You post them. Show me where he was beat.

Lynch12
10-30-2016, 12:44 PM
I'll pass, my point has been proven.

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 12:47 PM
i'll pass, my point has been proven wrong.

fify.

Poet
10-30-2016, 01:12 PM
That is a stout beating that just occurred.

BroncoWave
10-30-2016, 02:10 PM
Lynch, are you legitimately stupid? In MO's first picture, DT is 5 yards down the field, and the DB is a yard past him, and Siemian is still holding the ball. You whole argument here is that he had "burned" the DB and Siemian's short throw forced him to come back to the ball. Even if he did somehow "burn" the DB in those first 5 yards (which I find pretty much impossible since the DB is a yard further downfield than DT in the first shot), he was step for step with DT by the time the ball came out. You really just don't want to admit you were wrong here, do you?

MOtorboat
10-30-2016, 02:14 PM
That is a stout beating that just occurred.

I'd give myself about a 7. I tacked on a little too much. Plus, this was set up on a tee, it's not like I was getting a curveball or a inside heater.

Hawgdriver
10-30-2016, 02:18 PM

I know the answer to that, if L12 takes after his mother.

Just kidding.

Simple Jaded
10-30-2016, 08:16 PM
After everything Siemian has done for you? Smh

Poet
10-31-2016, 01:26 PM
I'd give myself about a 7. I tacked on a little too much. Plus, this was set up on a tee, it's not like I was getting a curveball or a inside heater.

You get an 8.5 from me as I'm a sucker for citations. The fact that he cried out about you manipulating photos or whatever is what took it from a solid 8 to the 8.5.

Lynch, it happens my man. We won't judge you.

slim
10-31-2016, 02:00 PM
Welcome back, Jwalk.

Timmy!
10-31-2016, 04:19 PM
You get an 8.5 from me as I'm a sucker for citations. The fact that he cried out about you manipulating photos or whatever is what took it from a solid 8 to the 8.5.

Lynch, it happens my man. We won't judge you.

I will. He's an idiot.

BroncoWave
10-31-2016, 08:35 PM
It's one thing to have a wrong opinion. It happens to all of us. But when someone posts concrete evidence that you are wrong with pictures like Mo did and you still stick to your guns, then yeah, you're just an idiot.

Canmore
11-01-2016, 12:29 AM
It's one thing to have a wrong opinion. It happens to all of us. But when someone posts concrete evidence that you are wrong with pictures like Mo did and you still stick to your guns, then yeah, you're just an idiot.

Best Grinch voice, "I'm an idiot!...You're an idiot!"