PDA

View Full Version : How Gary Kubiak is able to get the best out of his quarterbacks

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Gary Kubiak’s preferred spot is between the hash marks on the 50-yard line of the Broncos’ east practice field at their Englewood training facility. Sometimes he stands with a coordinator at his side as they watch the quarterbacks throw and the running backs run. Oftentimes he stands alone, quietly observing in garb typically fit for 20 degrees cooler.

This is the spot where Kubiak processes and teaches, where he listens and delegates. It’s a routine born of habit and success since 1983, when he was a backup to John Elway, a role he had for nine seasons, and later evolved with his various stops as an NFL coach.

Over the past 23 years, Kubiak has earned a reputation as a quarterback whisperer of sorts with his ability to develop young talent such as Trevor Siemian, Brian Griese and Brock Osweiler, get the best out of veterans such as Jake Plummer, Matt Schaub and Joe Flacco, and win the trust of (and Super Bowl rings with) late-career legends such as Steve Young, Elway and Peyton Manning.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/22/qb-whisperer-how-gary-kubiak-is-able-to-get-the-best-out-of-his-quarterbacks/

NightTrainLayne
10-22-2016, 05:59 PM
My respect for Gary Kubiak was already high. However, last season my respect grew immensely. They way he navigated through Manning's injury, benching and return, and the team as a whole on top of that was just tremendous. He is a special coach.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2016, 11:15 PM
My respect for Gary Kubiak was already high. However, last season my respect grew immensely. They way he navigated through Manning's injury, benching and return, and the team as a whole on top of that was just tremendous. He is a special coach.

Yes he is. Shanny was a great chess master, but Denver has never had a leader like Kubiak.