PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Texans week)

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Time to get back on track:

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 30m30 minutes ago

Broncos back to work today with a 2:45 p.m. practice. Coach Kubiak will meet the media off the field after the session.

Lynch12
10-17-2016, 10:27 AM
I'd like to hear if Trevor is really healthy or not.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2016, 01:34 PM
I'd like to hear if Trevor is really healthy or not.

Stink started things off by Clearing The Air on the AFC West. Don't panic, people, the division is wide open. Should Trevor Siemian have played played last Thursday? Will he be healthy enough to face the Texans? 4 Down Territory reviewed some of the top games from yesterday in the NFL. Our Denver Broncos Insider from Denver 7, Troy Renck called into the show. Troy talked about the biggest threat to the Broncos in the AFC West. Plus, the latest injury update on Trevor Siemian and Russel Okung.

http://1043thefan.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10009334&sid=1149&n=Schlereth%20and%20Evans

OrangeHoof
10-17-2016, 02:06 PM
If the playoffs started this weekend, we'd be the #5 seed with Buffalo the #6 seed.

MOtorboat
10-17-2016, 02:22 PM
If the playoffs started this weekend, we'd be the #5 seed with Buffalo the #6 seed.

Never too early to roll that line out I guess. I believe we were the one seed three weeks ago.

slim
10-17-2016, 02:23 PM
If the playoffs started today i would be pissed!

It's only October for crying out loud!

BroncoWave
10-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Fun fact related to the last few posts, the last time the Broncos made the playoffs as a wildcard team instead of a division winner was 2004.

tomjonesrocks
10-17-2016, 02:33 PM
What a miserable 2 game slide. Losses are one thing but to come out completely and totally inept on offense against 2 subpar defenses for 8 straight quarters is really discouraging.

Glad it's not my job to find a bandaid.

underrated29
10-17-2016, 02:44 PM
What a miserable 2 game slide. Losses are one thing but to come out completely and totally inept on offense against 2 subpar defenses for 8 straight quarters is really discouraging.

Its just Oline, Hurt QB and Play calling. The playcalling can mask so many issues but it has sucked. I swear I could call a better game. I do. Hell, I practically did in the game thread from last week.

BroncoJoe
10-17-2016, 02:58 PM

We lost two games consecutively at two different times last year and won the Super Bowl.

Jesus, you guys are pathetic.

slim
10-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Fun fact related to the last few posts, the last time the Broncos made the playoffs as a wildcard team instead of a division winner was 2004.

It wasn't all that fun, IMO.

Valar Morghulis
10-17-2016, 03:35 PM
It wasn't all that fun, IMO.

Did we not also get to the afc championship game with plummer that year?

MOtorboat
10-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Did we not also get to the afc championship game with plummer that year?

No. That was the year that Manning dressed Denver down in the wildcard game.

Valar Morghulis
10-17-2016, 03:42 PM
No. That was the year that Manning dressed Denver down in the wildcard game.

Ooh, I hate Colts version of manning

MOtorboat
10-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Ooh, I hate Colts version of manning

It was the second year in a row too.

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

Cameron Wolfe Retweeted Michael Hoffman

Looks like #Broncos picked up former #Dolphins starting G Billy Turner.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 13m13 minutes ago

Billy Turner was a 3rd round pick in '14 draft. Started 14 games over last two years for Dolphins. Primarily a G. Waived by Miami last week.

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 8m8 minutes ago

Hat day for #Broncos as they return to practice. Kubiak back out here in the gray hoodie.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#Broncos Okung , Latimer not stretching w team. Both in concussion protocol.Possible Turner added for depth if Okung can't go @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders out at practice going through some drills. Russell Okung, Cody Latimer (concussions) are out here doing a lot of watching.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos waived Darrion Weems to clear a roster spot for Billy Turner.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Darrion Weems was the #Broncos reserve G. He played RG vs. ATL when Sambrailo struggled. Coaches liked him out of camp.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 55s56 seconds ago

#Broncos Billy Winn not out at practice. Don't see DWare. He told me last week no guarantee he's available this week might need more time

NightTrainLayne
10-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Surprised we waived Weems for Turner.

I guess just have to trust the coaches and team. They know more than I do.

slim
10-17-2016, 04:30 PM

About football? Sure....

About salami? I doubt it....

BigDaddyBronco
10-17-2016, 04:56 PM
As far as the OLine, I'm not so sure they do.....

NightTrainLayne
10-17-2016, 04:58 PM
As far as the OLine, I'm not so sure they do.....

Well, if that's the case, I need to get them in touch with some of the posters here. There are some real experts that know and study a hell of a lot more than I do right here on BroncosForums.com!

Krugan
10-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Hrmm, i guess schofield has more upside then weems.

Not sure i can see that myself.

FanInAZ
10-17-2016, 05:22 PM
It was the second year in a row too.

That was back when we had the rock/paper/scissors going with us not being able to beat the Colts, the Colts couldn't beat the Patriots and the Patriots couldn't beat us :lol:

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 05:23 PM
I don't know much about Turner but I do know that the Dolphins released him and coincidentally had a great day running the football yesterday

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

#Broncos @BMarshh54 said no ill will toward Brock. Happy got paid. "But it's competition. We want to kill him." @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos Brandon Marshall: "We know Brock (Osweiler) likes to hold the ball so I really feel like we can get a lot of good pressure on him."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

More Marshall: "Just watching their offense, I think this will be a great week for us."

VonDoom
10-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 55m55 minutes ago

#Broncos coach Kubiak said part of issues revolve around his sleeping patterns. Encouraged by all tests coming back fine @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 55m55 minutes ago

Kubiak: "It just really makes you appreciate what you're doing. Makes you appreciate the players, coaches, even you guys (media)."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 46m46 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said family gave blessing to return. He said this incident not like mini stroke suffered in Houston @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 47m47 minutes ago

Kubiak said he wasn't feeling well Saturday evening and Sunday before Falcons game. Thought he had the flu initially

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 46m46 minutes ago

Kubiak said they'd like to get Devontae Booker some more touches because he's showed well. Still high on C.J. Anderson.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 50m50 minutes ago

Kubiak said they gave Matt Paradis a rest day.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 51m51 minutes ago

Kubiak said Russell Okung, Cody Latimer both in concussion protocol but progressing "really well." Emmanuel Sanders sore, but did some work.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 51m51 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said what bothered him about loss was that both games looked same "we ran 5 plays and we were down 10-0" @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 52m52 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We got to get back on track here and stay away from negative football plays."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2016, 07:26 PM
More Marshall: "Just watching their offense, I think this will be a great week for us."

Epic!!

😂😂😩😎

FanInAZ
10-17-2016, 07:31 PM

That's the good news :nod:

The bad news: Their D is probably saying the same thing about our O :tsk:

spikerman
10-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Marshall needs to not say things like that in public.

Simple Jaded
10-17-2016, 11:09 PM
I don't know much about Turner but I do know that the Dolphins released him and coincidentally had a great day running the football yesterday

He's from the North Dakota St program that spent a ton of time running pro offenses, a lot of zone too, he's got far better athletic ability than Weems and Garcia. He's just really struggled making the jump in competition, it's worth a flier in a different system than what Gase is running.

Fwiw, I'm pretty sure Philbin ran a zone system too and Turner didn't play well in that either.

Simple Jaded
10-17-2016, 11:14 PM

I would have guessed they would cut Ferentz but he's the new Nate Jackson to me. I can't figure out why they keep him around.

With Paradis, Ferentz, Day and Garcia the Broncos are four deep at C.

Ziggy
10-17-2016, 11:49 PM
I would have guessed they would cut Ferentz but he's the new Nate Jackson to me. I can't figure out why they keep him around.

With Paradis, Ferentz, Day and Garcia the Broncos are four deep at C.

Ferentz is the backup center as well as guard depth. He's apparently also the enforcer. Seems like every time there was a skirmish in camp and preseason he was in the middle of it.

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 06:25 AM
He's from the North Dakota St program that spent a ton of time running pro offenses, a lot of zone too, he's got far better athletic ability than Weems and Garcia. He's just really struggled making the jump in competition, it's worth a flier in a different system than what Gase is running.

Fwiw, I'm pretty sure Philbin ran a zone system too and Turner didn't play well in that either.

I saw on another board that Turner was supposedly okay at G for the Dolphins, but he was forced to play LT with little practice time, gave up three sacks in a game and was cut in the purge after that. I don't know if that's just spin, but it doesn't sound as bad as I had thought.

I too would have cut one of our backup C's instead of Weems. They supposedly liked Weems out of TC, where he was close to winning a starting job. I was a bit surprised he was cut now.

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m45 minutes ago

#Broncos Matt Paradis watching today. Winn back at practice @DenverChannel no Demarcus Ware. So unlikely available for Monday

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m45 minutes ago

No Cody Latimer or Okung at practice They are in concussion protocol #Broncos @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

Paradis given another day off He has played every snap the past 2 years #Broncos @DenverChannel

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos DeMarcus Ware said X-Ray good but it's unlikely he plays this week. Had to be smart. Has 9 games after this @DenverChannel

Magnificent Seven
10-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Believe it or not. Houston is ranked 2nd in pass def.

On the bright side, Houston is ranked 29th in rush def.

OrangeHoof
10-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Last year's first round pick, CB Kevin Johnson reportedly has a broken foot while Kareem "Holding, Defense, Number 29" Jackson is also out so the Texans have little at the corners behind Jonathan Joseph, a former Pro Bowler, and A.J. Bouye, a surprising journeyman. There should be some open receivers for Denver.

slim
10-18-2016, 01:49 PM
If the Bronco's OL doesn't play better it won't matter who is playing CB for Houston.

Lynch12
10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
We lost two games consecutively at two different times last year and won the Super Bowl.

Jesus, you guys are pathetic.

Different circumstances though, our defense last year wss legendary, it's just pretty good now, and should get better as youngins get more experience.

BroncoJoe
10-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Different circumstances though, our defense last year wss legendary, it's just pretty good now, and should get better as youngins get more experience.

Eh - we're currently ranked 9th in points allowed, and 5 of the 8 above us have only played 5 games compared to our 6.

We're also ranked 8th in yards per game, with the top 6 having played only 5 games, and #7 allowed ONE LESS YARD than our defense.

Our defense is just fine.

The Glue Factory
10-18-2016, 05:28 PM
Eh - we're currently ranked 9th in points allowed, and 5 of the 8 above us have only played 5 games compared to our 6.

We're also ranked 8th in yards per game, with the top 6 having played only 5 games, and #7 allowed ONE LESS YARD than our defense.

I wonder what those rankings look like on a per game basis?

MOtorboat
10-18-2016, 05:51 PM
I wonder what those rankings look like on a per game basis?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

4th in yards, 1st in passing yards, 8th in points.

Only area of concern is the rushing defense.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2016, 06:44 PM

Bullshirt. Our defense is not *just fine*. It's all-universe. But it should not be content so far this year.

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Looks like we're wearing the all blue uniforms in Monday

underrated29
10-18-2016, 07:17 PM

Mo just squirted

MOtorboat
10-18-2016, 07:48 PM

Don't we have a history of losing in those too?

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Don't we have a history of losing in those too?

Pretty sure our history in them is good. We lost to the Raiders last year but I believe we wore them when we crushed the Packers. I think against the 49ers the year before, another big win.

VonDoom
10-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Actually I think the Packers game were technically the Super Bowl throw backs and not the all blue but the point stands

BroncoWave
10-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Pretty sure our history in them is good. We lost to the Raiders last year but I believe we wore them when we crushed the Packers. I think against the 49ers the year before, another big win.

Yeah! Suck it Mo!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2016, 09:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It will be Blue Monday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High when the Houston Texans arrive.

The Broncos will break out their alternate uniforms of blue jerseys and blue pants, continuing an annual tradition since the team made its orange jerseys the primary jersey option in 2012.

Since making the blue jerseys the alternates in their uniform set, the Broncos are 4-1 when wearing them, including 3-1 when pairing the blue jerseys with blue pants.

The Broncos have paired blue jerseys with white pants once in that time, defeating the Green Bay Packers 29-10 last year. The Broncos wore the blue-on-white look for that game as part of a weekend honoring the 1997 team that won Super Bowl XXXII while wearing blue-on-white.

Just over a month later, the blue-on-blue look returned, and was used during a 15-12 loss to the Raiders. That was the Broncos' first defeat in all-blue since a 7-3 loss to the Chiefs on Jan. 1, 2012.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-will-wear-blue-uniforms-against-Texans/f5b840e2-e212-4d24-85fe-df89dd4397ba

Hawgdriver
10-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Part of me is 'oooooo blue!' and part of me is 'fashion...lol'.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
**** you Nike!

BroncoWave
10-18-2016, 10:52 PM
**** you Nike!

We started wearing the all blues before Nike took over.

MOtorboat
10-18-2016, 11:00 PM
**** you Nike!

You can't blame Nike for this ugly.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2016, 11:10 PM
You can't blame Nike for this ugly.

They designed it, I thought?

BroncoWave
10-18-2016, 11:12 PM
They designed it, I thought?

Nope, Nike took over Manning's first year here. This was the year before with Reebok...

http://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/f3/60/f3604fb63b21a71ec3e9523a0885306e-original.jpg

Simple Jaded
10-18-2016, 11:12 PM
No, no. Hold on. Back when they first changed from Orange to Navy Blue, Nike designed that.

Simple Jaded
10-18-2016, 11:28 PM
https://ww.deluxe.com/blog/six-reasons-denver-broncos-logo-design-works/

Aha!

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!

MOtorboat
10-18-2016, 11:47 PM
https://ww.deluxe.com/blog/six-reasons-denver-broncos-logo-design-works/

Aha!

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!

Oh, you're talking about the whole uniform? Yes. It was one of Nike's first template designs. The Broncos were the catalyst.

They wore all blue in a preseason game in 1997, then put it away (thankfully) until 2003, when Reebok pulled out the all blue again.

Then, when Nike came in again we got a neon orange onsie.

As a reminder, these are not the Super Bowl uniforms, these are the Super Bowl uniforms:

Simple Jaded
10-18-2016, 11:59 PM
I actually love the Broncos blue/white uniforms. It's just too much blue with the monochromatic.

The old D on the Navy Blue helmet was tits, I thought.

BroncoWave
10-19-2016, 12:03 AM
I actually love the Broncos blue/white uniforms. It's just too much blue with the monochromatic.

The old D on the Navy Blue helmet was tits, I thought.

Those jerseys and helmets last week might have been the best things the Broncos have ever worn. You do have to give Nike some credit for that. I think the D works better on the dark blue helmet.

slim
10-19-2016, 09:46 AM
BTB loves him some dark D

VonDoom
10-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Contradicting report on the uniforms - seems like it'll be the blue jersey with white pants. We wore those for our best game of the regular season last year against the Packers:

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos wearing blue jerseys & white pants for Monday's game against the Houston Texans.

MOtorboat
10-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Contradicting report on the uniforms - seems like it'll be the blue jersey with white pants. We wore those for our best game of the regular season last year against the Packers:

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos wearing blue jerseys & white pants for Monday's game against the Houston Texans.

LawDog
10-19-2016, 10:46 AM
The blue on blue came from Mason's report that was posted on the team site yesterday, however this information from Patrick would be directly from the team since he is the VP of Public Relations. I'm going to trust Patrick and the blue over white and figure that Mase just made an assumption.

slim
10-19-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't care what color, I just hope they wear pants!!

BroncoJoe
10-19-2016, 11:11 AM
I don't care what color, I just hope they wear pants!!

I'm calling BS on this statement.

BroncoJoe
10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
The blue on blue came from Mason's report that was posted on the team site yesterday, however this information from Patrick would be directly from the team since he is the VP of Public Relations. I'm going to trust Patrick and the blue over white and figure that Mase just made an assumption.

Well, they both work for the Broncos. Interesting! I'd prefer the white pants, but don't really care either way.

LawDog
10-19-2016, 11:25 AM
Well, they both work for the Broncos. Interesting! I'd prefer the white pants, but don't really care either way.

Actually, Mason works for denverbroncos.com. A very nuanced difference, but a difference still.

VonDoom
10-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Actually, Mason works for denverbroncos.com. A very nuanced difference, but a difference still.

Right. As you said, if Smyth said it, that's the team's official word, so I'd start preparing for blue jersey and white pants.

VonDoom
10-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Forgot to post this yesterday, but the Broncos made some changes to the practice squad:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos signed linebacker Quentin Gause and tight end Steven Scheu on Tuesday to the team’s practice squad.

Gause, who joined the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2016, also spent time with the New England Patriots. He racked up 223 tackles, three sacks and 27.5 tackles for loss during his career at Rutgers.

Scheu, a 6-foot-5, 255-pound tight end out of Vanderbilt, joined the Patriots as a college free agent in early May. He notched 83 receptions and eight touchdowns for the Commodores in 47 career games.

To make room on the practice squad for Gause and Scheu, the Broncos waived rookie wide receiver Mose Frazier and second-year linebacker Reshard Cliett.

Frazier, who was college teammates with quarterback Paxton Lynch, was named to the practice squad when the Broncos narrowed their roster during training camp. Cliett joined the Broncos’ practice squad in mid-September after he was waived by the Houston Texans

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-LB-Quentin-Gause-and-TE-Steven-Scheu-to-practice-squad/79b97b46-f651-41b2-82ca-80e2a4c3534f

OrangeHoof
10-19-2016, 03:18 PM
No, no. Hold on. Back when they first changed from Orange to Navy Blue, Nike designed that.

All heil the swooshstika!

Simple Jaded
10-19-2016, 04:54 PM
All heil the swooshstika!

I remember the first time I saw the Broncos line up in a 3-point stance on offense in the new uni's, the swoosh just jumps off the screen and kicks you square in the teeth.

Simple Jaded
10-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Forgot to post this yesterday, but the Broncos made some changes to the practice squad:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-LB-Quentin-Gause-and-TE-Steven-Scheu-to-practice-squad/79b97b46-f651-41b2-82ca-80e2a4c3534f

This is bullshit.

Frazier > Sunburn.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2016, 06:03 PM
This is bullshit.

Frazier > Sunburn.

Translation:

Get off my lawn!

Simple Jaded
10-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Sunburn sucks and he has stupid hair.

VonDoom
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Okung and Paradis out here. Paradis practicing. Okung watching but good sign of progress @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

Okung making steady progress toward playing. No helmet but doing light drill work #Broncos @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

No DeMarcus Ware. Not official but he's not expected to play. Perhaps vs #Chargers. If not for sure the next week @DenverChannel #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Billy Winn back practicing @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Don't see Cody Latimer (concussion) at Broncos practice.

DenBronx
10-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last year we didn't seem to have as many key injuries but at least the injuries are not major with these guys so that is a plus.

I believe with the addition of Ware that this defense will get back to elite form. Him and Miller in at the same time is really something special to watch. It completely changes the mindset of the defense. His leadership is mostly missed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Last year we didn't seem to have as many key injuries but at least the injuries are not major with these guys so that is a plus.

I believe with the addition of Ware that this defense will get back to elite form. Him and Miller in at the same time is really something special to watch. It completely changes the mindset of the defense. His leadership is mostly missed.

We were down to our fourth and fifth offensive tackles last year bro

VonDoom
10-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

Okung, Latimer, Ware did not practice. #9sports

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Okung did not practice per Kubiak #Broncos "he's doing really good. Hopefully he's out here tomorrow" @1043TheFan

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Okung making progress. Said Ware same boat. Could do light workout stuff late this week @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 58s58 seconds ago

Kubiak on Siemian "he looks like himself" #Broncos @1043TheFan - suggested he didn't look like himself vs SD

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak on facing Osweiler: "Our guys think the world of Brock. ... We respect the hell out of Brock."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said got pushed around early last 2 games.Have to start better. And that will lead to more offense balance @DenverChannel

BroncoJoe
10-20-2016, 02:48 PM
"Our guys think the world of Brock. ... We respect the hell out of Brock."

Like I said before, I hope they rip his head off and sh7t down his throat.

Tangerine
10-20-2016, 11:19 PM
We were down to our fourth and fifth offensive tackles last year bro

And the starting QB was out for 7 weeks....

SoCalImport
10-21-2016, 10:48 AM
By all appearances and reports, Manning need that time and (one could assume) that the had a lot to do with his more consistent play in the playoffs.
O-line was and still is this teams weakness.

If it meant getting Okung back healthy I'd almost rather he take another week off.

VonDoom
10-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 39m39 minutes ago

Russell Okung (concussion) is going through drills at start of #Broncos practice. We'll hear more about his status later, but good sign.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

Cody Latimer not wearing a helmet today. Okung is. Both making progress in the concussion protocol #Broncos @DenverChannel

VonDoom
10-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 18m18 minutes ago

Kubiak said Russell Okung took the majority of reps in practice and is "on track" to play Monday v. #Texans.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 16m16 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said he planned to get DeMarcus Ware some on-field work before the end of the weekend. Still hopes to do so.

slim
10-21-2016, 03:50 PM
If Latimer doesn't play who will run KOs out to the 15 YL for us?

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2016, 04:10 PM
If Latimer doesn't play who will run KOs out to the 15 YL for us?

We'll surely get slaughtered if we can only kneel and take it at the 25!

DenBronx
10-23-2016, 01:17 PM
And the starting QB was out for 7 weeks....

Yeah well he wasn't exactly doing us any favors going 9tds to 17 ints. Although, he did play better in the playoffs.

Our OL was complete garbage, even the starters. I am not sure those were key injuries. Lol