PDA

View Full Version : Sapp says he heard Henry will win case

Tned
12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
From Rotoworld, reporting from RockyMountainNews.com, but I can't get to their site for some reason. Not sure if this was reported already, it just popped up on Rotoworld an hour or so ago:

Broncos FB Cecil Sapp says he's heard that teammate Travis Henry will win the appeal of his one-year suspension.

Sapp didn't say where he got the info. The Ricky Mountain News reports the case could go either way, but it's accepted that the league's decision to prolong an announcement bodes well for Henry's chances of winning.

BaiLeY324
12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
The long-awaited decision on his fate might come as early as today or, possibly, Tuesday. And the case could go either way. The long wait for an answer could bode well for Henry.

Teammate Cecil Sapp maintained he has heard the resolution of the case will be in Henry's favor but wouldn't offer details.

But there also have been whispers a one-year suspension looms.

Either way, Henry refused to say the off-field distractions affected his performance in any way.

"No, think about it, I've been knowing about it for a minute and it didn't affect me earlier," said Henry, who first was informed in early September of a positive test result and since has been wrangling with the NFL and in court over his status. "It's cool. I have a job to do."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/03/henry-admits-he-wasnt-sharp/

DenBronx
12-03-2007, 11:05 PM
how would sapp know anything?

underrated29
12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
HELL YA!!

this could be a great night.

I finally learned how to post pics

the pats just might lose

and henry will win the case- GO TRAVIS!!!!!

broncosfanscott
12-03-2007, 11:09 PM
I have had a weird feeling that since the NFL is taking longer than most of us thought, he just might win his case because if there was clear cut evidence then he would have been suspended allready. I guess we will find out in the next couple of days.

Despite the loss and the uncertainty of Henry, it was nice to finally us get some rushing TDs inside the 20.

Stand Ablaze
12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
how would sapp know anything?

He probably has a good relationship with Henry and maybe Henry told him something, who knows.

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
I hope that he does win. Whenever a coach is convinced a player is innocent it catches my attention. I don't think Shanahan would back Henry if he thought he was guilty.

SBboundBRONCOS
12-04-2007, 01:44 AM
this proccess is taking freaking forever, i think if they ruled it one way or another a huge weight would be out of the broncos way

Lonestar
12-04-2007, 02:03 AM
I hope that he does win. Whenever a coach is convinced a player is innocent it catches my attention. I don't think Shanahan would back Henry if he thought he was guilty.

I do not think the league cares.. there are example s to be made and I suspect this is one of them.

Regardless of all the test besides the A and B sample none of them count..

If Thenry does not win the lawsuit he is gone for a year.. To rule otherwise undermines the NFLPA agreement. Sets precedent in ways they do not wish to get into..

Think of it in this manner if they are forced to keep him next year for cap reasons he will have fresh legs down the stretch run to the payoffs. If they are able to cut him and recoup cap space we have more to play with in signing or re-doing some of our contracts (Stokely) and signing FA.. This is a WIN WIN for us..

DenBronx
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
He probably has a good relationship with Henry and maybe Henry told him something, who knows.

how would henry know anything?

i mean i dont think either one of them would know 100% if he passed. godell isnt going to leak anything to these guys or the coaches. i think when he notifies the league then that will be the first time everyone knows his decision.

Lonestar
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
how would henry know anything?

i mean i dont think either one of them would know 100% if he passed. godell isnt going to leak anything to these guys or the coaches. i think when he notifies the league then that will be the first time everyone knows his decision.

This is not just Goodells decision now, it is in the court system the lawyers are involved..

TXBRONC
12-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Well I guess Sapp's contact person was right on the money.

Tned
12-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Well I guess Sapp's contact person was right on the money.

Yep, it would appear so ;)

DenBronx
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Yep, it would appear so ;)

I bet you anything Adam Shefner leaked it.