PDA

View Full Version : Hair of the Dog; the Ramblings of a Drunken Idiot (Still better than all U29's threads)

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Hola, and salutations.

Be calm, my peoples. We're alright. Still two games over .500, and a half game out of first. Sure it sucks to lose two in a row,but we were up against it tonight. Short week, on the road with an interim coach, coming off a loss that was demoralizing even without losing our coach on top of it. And against a desperate division rival, which is a dicey proposition at best.

Oh yeah. . . we also started a QB who was raw in all senses of the word: both his shoulder and his skill set.

And Mike McCoy still almost cried on the sidelines on public television. :hahaha:

Good for them, they finally won one. . . they only beat 30 million to one odds to lose the last four-out-of-five, I guess it's fair to say they were due.

And it's not like I like a loss, of course. . . but I love the fact that our guys played through the end of the game. We need to find some semblance of a run game-- and Wade needs to mix in a couple zones here and there to protect our ILBs against those short crosses. It's okay. Our staff are pros, they'll figure it out.

Beyond that, I have one more point right now.

Tonight was one game, and we didn't win it. But personally, I still saw a major big picture win for the organization. It clearly was warm and humid out there-- nasty conditions for football. In an ugly game, where Denver's offense was clearly hopeless, Von Miller showed us a champion's heart.

Oh yeah. Sacks are great-- they're the bigger part of what he gets paid for, as it should be in today's game. But his effort (and impact, on a generally bad night) against the run is what tells me that #58 is truly all in, and worth every penny.

"Von Miller, once again! How many times have I said that tonight?"

:defense: :first: :salute:

#StillNoFlyZone
#WorldChampsZone

BroncoWave
10-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Honestly, I think this is a .500 to maybe slightly above .500 team. If the Panthers make that FG we're 3-3 right now. Hate to be a debbie downer, but I don't think we re-create the magic of last season. 3 of our 4 wins are against awful teams this year in TB, Carolina, and Indy.

Fortunately, we have 2 winnable games coming up hosting Houston then SD again. If we can win those and get to 6-2, I'll step off the ledge a bit. As of now, though, I could see this thing going in either direction.

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Hot and humid?

I can assure you it's neither. I mean at all.

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Hot and humid?

I can assure you it's neither. I mean at all.

wasn't it?

i didn't check the forecast or anything. . . looked like there were some guys cramping or limping off, i assumed it was humid at least. . .

could just as well be short week, though. . .

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:18 PM
Honestly, I think this is a .500 to maybe slightly above .500 team. If the Panthers make that FG we're 3-3 right now. Hate to be a debbie downer, but I don't think we re-create the magic of last season. 3 of our 4 wins are against awful teams this year in TB, Carolina, and Indy.

Fortunately, we have 2 winnable games coming up hosting Houston then SD again. If we can win those and get to 6-2, I'll step off the ledge a bit. As of now, though, I could see this thing going in either direction.

none of those teams are "awful," anymore than san diego was awful at 1-4. . .

and BTB, buddy, really? you'll step off the ledge if we can only get to four games over .500 before thanksgiving? god bless your fragile millenial soul!

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2016, 11:19 PM
wasn't it?

i didn't check the forecast or anything. . . looked like there were some guys cramping or limping off, i assumed it was humid at least. . .

could just as well be short week, though. . .

Humidity in San Diego? Never.

I live about 10 mi from that stadium. High of 70 today and 60 right now outside.

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Humidity in San Diego? Never.

I live about 10 mi from that stadium. High of 70 today and 60 right now outside.

i've never been there. . . it's close to the ocean, no? it never gets humid?

sneakers
10-13-2016, 11:22 PM
HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSS

http://www.catdandruffclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cat-hissing.jpg

BroncoWave
10-13-2016, 11:22 PM

and BTB, buddy, really? you'll step off the ledge if we can only get to four games over .500 before thanksgiving? god bless your fragile millenial soul!

All 3 of those teams have been bad this year. Cincy is the one good team we have beaten.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being a team that makes a deep playoff run this year.

I'm still satisfied with being Super Bowl champs though. I expected this to be a transitional year going into it, so at the end of the day if that happens I won't be too bummed out.

Please save this post and mock me later in the year if I'm wrong though. I would happily eat this crow. :D

underrated29
10-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Hola, and salutations.

Be calm, my peoples. We're alright. Still two games over .500, and a half game out of first. Sure it sucks to lose two in a row,but we were up against it tonight. Short week, on the road with an interim coach, coming off a loss that was demoralizing even without losing our coach on top of it. And against a desperate division rival, which is a dicey proposition at best.

Oh yeah. . . we also started a QB who was raw in all senses of the word: both his shoulder and his skill set.

And Mike McCoy still almost cried on the sidelines on public television. :hahaha:

Good for them, they finally won one. . . they only beat 30 million to one odds to lose the last four-out-of-five, I guess it's fair to say they were due.

And it's not like I like a loss, of course. . . but I love the fact that our guys played through the end of the game. We need to find some semblance of a run game-- and Wade needs to mix in a couple zones here and there to protect our ILBs against those short crosses. It's okay. Our staff are pros, they'll figure it out.

Beyond that, I have one more point right now.

Tonight was one game, and we didn't win it. But personally, I still saw a major big picture win for the organization. It clearly was warm and humid out there-- nasty conditions for football. In an ugly game, where Denver's offense was clearly hopeless, Von Miller showed us a champion's heart.

Oh yeah. Sacks are great-- they're the bigger part of what he gets paid for, as it should be in today's game. But his effort (and impact, on a generally bad night) against the run is what tells me that #58 is truly all in, and worth every penny.

"Von Miller, once again! How many times have I said that tonight?"

:defense: :first: :salute:

#StillNoFlyZone
#WorldChampsZone

Lies no drunk threads are better than mine.

Btb- if McManus doesn't miss the Fg we probably win in OT. Then the safety, the 47 holding or false start penalties. We threw this game away from sloppiness. We aren't a sloppy team. Way better than .509

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:33 PM
HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSS

http://www.catdandruffclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/cat-hissing.jpg

uhh. . . sneaks, what is wrong?

sneakers
10-13-2016, 11:38 PM
uhh. . . sneaks, what is wrong?

At work and broncos lost twice in a week

dogfish
10-13-2016, 11:50 PM
At work and broncos lost twice in a week

all right, fair enough, i hear ya. . . but FFS man, don't go all pet sematary on me over it!

:lol: :afraid:

BORDERLINE
10-13-2016, 11:56 PM
This post was oozing with positivity.

GEM
10-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Not so fast on the overheating not being an issue. ..Okung was rushed to hospital after the game with possible concussion symptoms made worse by overheating.

dogfish
10-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Not so fast on the overheating not being an issue. ..Okung was rushed to hospital after the game with possible concussion symptoms made worse by overheating.

yikes. . . that's no bueno. . . hopefully it's just dehydration and he'll be fine, but we can't afford any losses for any time along the O-line. . .

dogfish
10-14-2016, 12:03 AM
This post was oozing with positivity.

a loss doesn't make me warm and fuzzy or anything, but. . .

"Von Miller, once again!!"

I Eat Staples
10-14-2016, 12:12 AM

Well at the very least, Indy is unarguably awful. Tampa is bad, San Diego is bad, and Carolina has looked really bad so far.

dogfish
10-14-2016, 12:55 AM
more ramblings. . .

shaq barrett showed up for the first time tonight-- nice to have him check in. . . and kayvon webster came up aces on special teams once again. . .

unfortunately, though, #BossWard43 straight up missed some tackles. . .

#RealTalk
#GetItTogetherTJWeNeedYa!

and i love CJ anderson, but he looked fat and out of shape tonight. . . he got it going some in the 4th quarter, but we need him before that. . . the blocking wasn't good, but he wasn't either. . .

Jaws
10-14-2016, 01:54 AM
You are a bright Whisky laced ray of moonshine/sunshine!
I like this thread :beer:

Timmy!
10-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Meh, shitty game but if there is no holding on the cj touchdown catch I'm 95% sure we win. Self inflicted wounds, penaltys, etc. It's all correctable, but it has to be corrected. 4-2, right on pace. If kc beats oakland and everybody has 2 losses. No need for a panic button. We have issues, but they are fixable. Heal up, get to 6-2 and were fine.

Valar Morghulis
10-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Meh, shitty game but if there is no holding on the cj touchdown catch I'm 95% sure we win. Self inflicted wounds, penaltys, etc. It's all correctable, but it has to be corrected. 4-2, right on pace. If kc beats oakland and everybody has 2 losses. No need for a panic button. We have issues, but they are fixable. Heal up, get to 6-2 and were fine.

This, and do some business on the oline

Timmy!
10-14-2016, 02:07 AM
This, and do some business on the oline

Indeed. It's been ugly, but I'm not on the edge yet, but we got work to do. This mini bye is timed well for us.

Tned
10-14-2016, 02:16 AM

While it's true it took a missed FG for the Broncos to beat the Panthers, don't forget that it was a bad penalty on Harris on 4th and 21 or whatever it was, that allowed them to even be in a position to kick a FG. If the ref hadn't blown the call, there wouldn't have been a field goal attempt.

Jaws
10-14-2016, 02:27 AM
While it's true it took a missed FG for the Broncos to beat the Panthers, don't forget that it was a bad penalty on Harris on 4th and 21 or whatever it was, that allowed them to even be in a position to kick a FG. If the ref hadn't blown the call, there wouldn't have been a field goal attempt.

Are you still in Suckland and did you get to watch the game?

Hawgdriver
10-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Wayyyy too coherent. Someone hasn't been drinking enough!!

Northman
10-14-2016, 03:07 AM
All 3 of those teams have been bad this year. Cincy is the one good team we have beaten.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being a team that makes a deep playoff run this year.

I'm still satisfied with being Super Bowl champs though. I expected this to be a transitional year going into it, so at the end of the day if that happens I won't be too bummed out.

Please save this post and mock me later in the year if I'm wrong though. I would happily eat this crow. :D

No need to eat crow in my book. You are correct that this was a transitional year so the fact that we are 4-2 at this point is a blessing more than anything. I would assume the rest of the year is going to look a lot like the season so far with ups and downs.

Northman
10-14-2016, 03:12 AM
and i love CJ anderson, but he looked fat and out of shape tonight. . . he got it going some in the 4th quarter, but we need him before that. . . the blocking wasn't good, but he wasn't either. . .

CJ has looked pretty average all year so far and i think you are right. He looks sluggish and fat out there. He has seemed to have this problem so far being a Bronco where he really isnt in the best shape all year round. What kind of ******* burritos is this chupa eating during the season? Anyway,

I didnt get to watch the game last night as i have to get up very early in the morning for work but judging by Missy's response on FB (she stated: Well, this is a shit show) lol the night was not a good one. And judging by the stats we are still bad vs the run and Henry went off so whoever was covering the TE got abused all night it looks like.

With that said holding the opponent to 21 pts is still a good thing but with the offense not even getting over 20 pts the last two games is very concerning.

For those that watched last night did Trevor seem to be still ailing from the shoulder injury at all? How was the Oline for the most part?

spikerman
10-14-2016, 05:36 AM
If this truly is a transition year, and I don't disagree, then Lynch should be playing. Might as well get him experience with live bullets.

Valar Morghulis
10-14-2016, 05:51 AM
If this truly is a transition year, and I don't disagree, then Lynch should be playing. Might as well get him experience with live bullets.

*live rounds

******* air force

blamkin86
10-14-2016, 08:34 AM
"Committed" to the run way too long. Trevor was injured and I don't think he even threw the ball on Wednesday. Once we took off the wraps we looked a little better.

No Defensive points this week, and the offense gave up 2.

Refs seemed to be against us all night. Most of the calls were valid - but they got away with a lot (defenseless receiver on the next to last drive).

Want me to be brutally honest, I love DT but we should have shopped him and tried to keep Malik. Probably not financially possible but just throwing it out there.

We're fine. I see one playoff win anyway. Well unless we stay below 80 yards of rushing. Man that is just shocking to me.

VonDoom
10-14-2016, 08:56 AM

By DVOA, the Bengals aren't even that good. Here are the DVOA of teams we've played this year:

Panthers - 23rd
Colts - 27th
Bengals - 19th
Buccaneers - 29th
Falcons - 5th
Chargers - 11th (and that was before they beat us)

My mindset is kind of like yours - I told my buddy before the season started that we would be 8-8 this year and then hopefully transition quickly next year. I felt more positive after training camp and our hot start made me believe, but maybe this is just what we are this year as we try to find our way. I wouldn't trade that Super Bowl for anything. Last year, I would have been up for hours thinking about the game. I didn't lose any sleep last night.

These next couple of games look winnable but can you really say we're likely to win them? I can't say that right now, since we're not consistent. I hope we get there, but I have my doubts.

EastCoastBronco
10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I said this in another thread but...
This game looked like 90% of the games we played last year only this time the D didn't bail our ass out at the end.
Like those ******** on Wall Street, we've come to expect that bailout.
With the talent we have on D I will still expect to be bailed out by the D as we move forward.
It's the rock we have built our house on and it will stand.
Last night (and last week) was the exception to the rule...

Wait and see...

Tned
10-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Are you still in Suckland and did you get to watch the game?

Yep, I'm in a pub dragging ass. Got up at 5:00 to watch it tape delayed before heading into office. Had too many beers night before so wish I had opted for few hours more sleep instead.

Jaws
10-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Yep, I'm in a pub dragging ass. Got up at 5:00 to watch it tape delayed before heading into office. Had too many beers night before so wish I had opted for few hours more sleep instead.

This silly hours viewing thing is a lot easier when the team plays good.
I woke with the intention of watching live, but was too sleepy and drifted in and out of sleep with Denver sports radio app in background and finally was awake enough to watch the 4th quarter.

CrazyHorse
10-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Lies no drunk threads are better than mine.

Btb- if McManus doesn't miss the Fg we probably win in OT. Then the safety, the 47 holding or false start penalties. We threw this game away from sloppiness. We aren't a sloppy team. Way better than .509

CJ's touchdown called back and the missed field goal are 10 points off the board. No need for OT.