PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak taken to hospital post game- flu like symptoms.

GEM
10-09-2016, 07:54 PM
http://kdvr.com/2016/10/09/broncos-head-coach-gary-kubiak-taken-to-hospital-after-game-sunday-night/

The head coach of the Denver Broncos was taken to the hospital after the game against the Atlanta Falcons Sunday night.

Gary Kubiak had flu-like symptoms, according to Patrick Smyth with the Broncos.

Smyth said Kubiak was being evaluated “as a precaution.”

Follow
Patrick Smyth @psmyth12
After Sunday’s game, Coach Kubiak had flu-like symptoms and was taken to a hospital as a precaution. He's currently being evaluated.
6:35 PM - 9 Oct 2016

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 07:55 PM
****. Me.

Tned
10-09-2016, 07:57 PM
That QB play made me pretty nauseated as well.

iLands
10-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Damn. I hope Kubes is okay. He had that stroke with the Texans.

=[

FanInAZ
10-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Remember a few years ago when he collapsed on his way to the locker room at halftime when he was with the Texans? This is serious. His last episode was the result of exhaustion due to him overworking himself. I hope he hasn't done it to himself again.

FanInAZ
10-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Just talked to my mom who's are retired LPN, strokes don't cause flue like symptoms.

VonDoom
10-09-2016, 08:17 PM
That loss really made him sick, huh? I kid, I kid.

Seriously, hope he's okay. From a football perspective, not good when we only have three days to prepare for the next game.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Just talked to my mom who's are retired LPN, strokes don't cause flue like symptoms.

My wifes a nurse, she suspect about an ambulance to the ER for flu like symptoms. Unless he's having trouble breathing or saw something on a heart monitor they didn't like.

spikerman
10-09-2016, 09:40 PM
He called the game like he was ill.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:07 PM
He called the game like he was ill.

What should he have done differently? Im almost willing to bet a weeks pay he did exactly what you're about to bitch about.

Hey, bright side; we may not be screwed anymore. Stay positive.

spikerman
10-09-2016, 10:21 PM
What should he have done differently? Im almost willing to bet a weeks pay he did exactly what you're about to bitch about.

Hey, bright side; we may not be screwed anymore. Stay positive.
Well, due in large part to the play calling, the Broncos, with an inexperienced QB, often found themselves in third and long. How much do you make?

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Well, due in large part to the play calling, the Broncos, with an inexperienced QB, often found themselves in third and long. How much do you make?

Nope, nice try, you're the playcalling critic and you didn't answer the question. Try and remember how this ended every other time, you say he should zig when they actually did zig, then you say zag...sure enough, all kinds of zags.

So let's hear it.

spikerman
10-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Nope, nice try, you're the playcalling critic and you didn't answer the question.

How about throwing more often on first and second down? The run game was going nowhere. Play calling is just not that difficult and doesn't require an advanced degree.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400874607

See if this helps, at least try and touch on something they didn't do this game.

Take your time.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:39 PM
How about throwing more often on first and second down? The run game was going nowhere. Play calling is just not that difficult and doesn't require an advanced degree.

He did that . So instead of throwing and running on 1st down he should just throw on 1st down?

MOtorboat
10-09-2016, 10:42 PM
I hope it's just dehydration.

spikerman
10-09-2016, 10:42 PM
He did that . So instead of throwing and running on 1st down he should just throw on 1st down?

Yep... stay out of consistent second and third and longs.

spikerman
10-09-2016, 10:44 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400874607

See if this helps, at least try and touch on something they didn't do this game.

Take your time.
You're right it was a brilliant effort. I forgot that Denver won the game. My mistake.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:45 PM

Works on Madden, I spose?

BroncoWave
10-09-2016, 10:45 PM

You really think passing on every single first down would have accomplished that? Really? All that would have accomplished would be getting him sent to the hospital from literally being sacked to death. The offensive execution was the problem today, not the playcalling. It's not like we were slicing them up when we did pass but he didn't call enough pass plays. We were getting totally punked in both the passing and the running game. No playcalling would have changed that.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 10:46 PM
You're right it was a brilliant effort. I forgot that Denver won the game. My mistake.

I never said that at all, I just wanna hear your brilliant ideas on how a professional game is called. In a thread about his being hospitalized, no less.

Stay classy.

Dapper Dan
10-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Paxton Lynch is tearing us apart.

Tned
10-09-2016, 10:51 PM

I think 33 times is about as often as you can ask for.

They had 44 or so passing plays (including sacks and penalties) and 33 of those pass plays were attempted on first or second down.

They passed a ton on first and second down, they just weren't effective.

Nomad
10-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Hope you feel better, Coach!

spikerman
10-09-2016, 11:05 PM
I never said that at all, I just wanna hear your brilliant ideas on how a professional game is called. In a thread about his being hospitalized, no less.

Stay classy. I'm being being classy. I believe I said that he called the game like he was sick. Nothing not classy about that. Are you at your best when you're sick?

spikerman
10-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Stay classy.

FYI, the irony of this is not lost on me.

GEM
10-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Jesus Christ...a thread about Kubes going to the hospital turns into bashing him. There are plenty other places to do that, go there!

spikerman
10-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Jesus Christ...a thread about Kubes going to the hospital turns into bashing him. There are plenty other places to do that, go there!

You're right. I withdraw from the thread.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 11:17 PM
FYI, the irony of this is not lost on me.

Im sorry, what? Dude is taken to the ER in an ambulance and your first thought is to bring his playcalling into the discussion.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 11:19 PM
You're right. I withdraw from the thread.

We may not be screwed anymore, Spiker, game face bro! Game face!

Canmore
10-09-2016, 11:19 PM
You really think passing on every single first down would have accomplished that? Really? All that would have accomplished would be getting him sent to the hospital from literally being sacked to death. The offensive execution was the problem today, not the playcalling. It's not like we were slicing them up when we did pass but he didn't call enough pass plays. We were getting totally punked in both the passing and the running game. No playcalling would have changed that.

The pass game punked itself. The run game wasn't any better.

iLands
10-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Kubiak is playing possum.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Klis saying this is similar to what Kubiak was feeling in 2013 when he collapsed on the field, "the Broncos play in four days and they don't know who their HC is and they don't know who their QB is". Said he hopes Kubiak stays away.

That's ****ing awesome.

iLands
10-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Damn.

Hot take: I think it will be Wade if something has to happen short term, but I hope it is DeCamillis.

Get well soon, Kubes.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Damn.

Hot take: I think it will be Wade if something has to happen short term, but I hope it is DeCamillis.

Get well soon, Kubes.

I think it will be Studes again. He's done it before, twice, (McD firing, Fox illness), and the coordinators need to stay focused on coordinating their units.

iLands
10-10-2016, 12:24 AM
It was Del Rio with Fox, but I forgot about McD. Fair call. DeCamillis just has something to him.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 12:26 AM
It was Del Rio with Fox, but I forgot about McD. Fair call. DeCamillis just has something to him.

You're right, it was Del Rio. In general, I don't like pulling a coordinator away from his duties. Pulling a positional coach creates less of a void. Wade is a great coordinator, but was always a pretty mediocre head coach. Studes filled in well when he replaced McD, and would make sense again IMO.

iLands
10-10-2016, 12:32 AM
It isn't like he's been doing anything with the RBs the last few weeks.

*rimshot*

Seriously though, Booker shined today. When he recovered that fumble, he redeemed his earlier one. +-0 turnover differential for his career.

Edit: I'm being kinda jokey because I'm worried about Kubiak. I think he's been fantastic here with the culture he has instilled. Most games, his play calling is magic. I love his press conferences and his honesty. I hope he ate some bad green chili.

Jaws
10-10-2016, 01:22 AM

Hope that is the case.
Dad had his 1st mini-stroke a few weeks ago and that was somewhat flu-like in some respects.

Jaws
10-10-2016, 01:24 AM

Health is more important than a game.

Simple Jaded
10-10-2016, 01:39 AM
Hope that is the case.
Dad had his 1st mini-stroke a few weeks ago and that was somewhat flu-like in some respects.

He was feeling dizzy, specifically.

dogfish
10-10-2016, 02:22 AM
losing the game sucks enough, but this will be a true kick to the gut if it is anything more than dehydration or flu. . . i'm thinking more of GK on a personal level, but obviously it's all bad for the broncos as well if he has to miss time. . . his steady hand on the wheel is needed. . .

Northman
10-10-2016, 03:33 AM
Get well Kubes.

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Broncos' HC Gary Kubiak feeling better this am, still resting at local hosptial. Remains uncertain whether he will coach Thursday vs SD.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Florio reported some "positive news" for Kubiak this morning, but doesn't say what that good news is. Hope he's ok.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/10/positive-news-for-gary-kubiak/

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18m18 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak expected to be released from Denver-area hosptial today, per team official. Broncos "encouraged" with Kubiak's medical tests.

spikerman
10-10-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm no doctor, I just play one on the radio, but this doesn't exactly sound like the flu.

GEM
10-10-2016, 10:45 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- After experiencing flu-like symptoms following Sunday’s game, Denver Broncos Head Coach Gary Kubiak underwent several precautionary tests at a local hospital. These included an MRI and CT scan, both of which came back normal.

Kubiak was diagnosed with a complex migraine condition that caused extreme fatigue and body weakness. He received medication and is feeling much better with an expected release from the hospital this afternoon.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statement-from-the-Denver-Broncos-on-Head-Coach-Gary-Kubiak/0f1d8e5a-de9b-4086-aad8-36c2db3f0621?utm_content=buffer5be68&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Broncos Statement:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statement-from-the-Denver-Broncos-on-Head-Coach-Gary-Kubiak/0f1d8e5a-de9b-4086-aad8-36c2db3f0621#9sports

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- After experiencing flu-like symptoms following Sunday’s game, Denver Broncos Head Coach Gary Kubiak underwent several precautionary tests at a local hospital. These included an MRI and CT scan, both of which came back normal.

Kubiak was diagnosed with a complex migraine condition that caused extreme fatigue and body weakness. He received medication and is feeling much better with an expected release from the hospital this afternoon.

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago Golden, CO

Gary Kubiak suffering from complex migraine. It is debilitating. Josh McDaniels went through similar problem when he coached here. #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

Plan is for #Broncos GM John Elway to meet the press today at 2 pm to discuss Kubiak. It's uncertain if Kubiak will coach this Thursday

Mike
10-10-2016, 11:03 AM
I don't trust Dennison and don't think he is competent to run the offense or the team. Makes me nervous if Kubiak is out.

Wonder what Elway is thinking this morning.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:06 AM
I don't trust Dennison and don't think he is competent to run the offense or the team. Makes me nervous if Kubiak is out.

Wonder what Elway is thinking this morning.

Gregg Knapp calls the plays when Kubiak can't. Read that somewhere on Twitter yesterday.

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Gregg Knapp calls the plays when Kubiak can't. Read that somewhere on Twitter yesterday.

I saw that too. Honestly, not to be mean, but what does Dennison do? The offense belongs to Kubiak, who normally calls the plays. Then when he's ailing, Knapp calls the plays. Dennison just seems like a sidekick most times.

Mike
10-10-2016, 11:10 AM
I saw that too. Honestly, not to be mean, but what does Dennison do? The offense belongs to Kubiak, who normally calls the plays. Then when he's ailing, Knapp calls the plays. Dennison just seems like a sidekick most times.

Makes a great cup of coffee?

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago Golden, CO

Gary Kubiak suffering from complex migraine. It is debilitating. Josh McDaniels went through similar problem when he coached here. #9sports

I find this nugget of info odd. Is Klis trying to say that there is some recognized medical ailment associated with coaching the Broncos?

BroncoJoe
10-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm no doctor, I just play one on the radio, but this doesn't exactly sound like the flu.

I think, based on his episode in Houston, they were just being cautious and making sure it wasn't anything more serious.

Northman
10-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Just heard that Siemien is expected to suit up vs the Chargers on Thursday.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 23m

Best news on Gary Kubiak is MRI/CT scan showed no heart or brain trouble #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 59s

Broncos GM John Elway to address Gary Kubiak situation during 2 p.m. press conference. Players to practice at 6:30 p.m. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m

Kubiak/coaches got jump on SD preparations Saturday. Practice tonight can be run by each coach/coordiantor. They're well trained. #9sports

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Just heard that Siemien is expected to suit up vs the Chargers on Thursday.

I would sure hope so.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I hope Elway starts calling the plays. ******* legend.

spikerman
10-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I hope Elway starts calling the plays. ******* legend.

I'd rather he spend his time figuring out how to identify quality offensive linemen.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 12:46 PM
I'd rather he spend his time figuring out how to identify quality offensive linemen.

Given the last few years, I'd rather he delegate that task, actually.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 12:47 PM

I still think it's a bit early to call all of his picks busts. Paradis looks legit, Schofield has had to play out of position almost his entire career here (he sucks at T but has been more servicable at G), and Sambrailo just hasn't been healthy yet, which you can't predict. Maybe I'm just being too much of an Elway apologist on this one, but I'm not ready to bury any of those guys yet.

GEM
10-10-2016, 01:11 PM
My question is...Is Sambro's limp arm a permanent thing? They said he was ready, they started him. I mean that arm wasn't moving much. Is that his 100%? Did the injury cause some permanent damage?

GEM
10-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Just a side note:

Dapper Dan....I will not be your sugar momma! I posted the statement from the Broncos before Harambe and you high 5'd him. I will not tolerate that insubordination from my boy toy. I say good day, sir!

weazel
10-10-2016, 02:25 PM
I heard that Kubiak had a minor stroke after the game so I came on here to catch any info and it says he just had a headache?

Dapper Dan
10-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Just a side note:

Dapper Dan....I will not be your sugar momma! I posted the statement from the Broncos before Harambe and you high 5'd him. I will not tolerate that insubordination from my boy toy. I say good day, sir!

I didn't know you were that observant. I was trying to spread the wealth.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 02:55 PM
I heard that Kubiak had a minor stroke after the game so I came on here to catch any info and it says he just had a headache?

I haven't heard anything about a stroke other than the fears from his previous stroke.

I think his official diagnosis was "complex migraine". Apparently imaging was normal.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I hope he takes the whole week off. Kubes has a reputation for being a work-a-holic.

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Elway said Kubiak headed home from hospital right now. #Broncos..

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: Kubiak's prognosis is "very, very good." Will take this week off. Will return next Monday.

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Elway said Kubiak will not coach the Broncos in San Diego on Thurs. night. Special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis will be interim coach.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Elway: making DeCamillis the interim coach was the "least disruptive." Elway says DeCamillis has worked closely in game management w/ Kubiak

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 44s44 seconds ago

#Broncos Elway "Joe has been involved with Gary and Mitch [Tanney] in the game management" @1043TheFan

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 51s51 seconds ago

Elway out for the week. Special teams coach Joe Decamillis will serve as interim head coach. Want Wade and Dennison to focus on gameplan

slim
10-10-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm not buying the migraine crap.

His medical issues are none of our business, but no one takes a week off work because of a migraine.

Hell, TD was Super Bowl MVP with an effing migraine.

iLands
10-10-2016, 03:15 PM
He could be under observation with his history.

Nailed the hot take - DeCamillis it is. Glad to hear Kubes is back Monday.

NightTerror218
10-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Kubiak officially ruled out for thursday per nfl.com

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Elway said offensive coordinator Rick Dennison will be the lead play-caller on offense for the Broncos.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Elway: "The process for Gary is to worry about Gary this week." Kubiak has appointments scheduled with doctors this week.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m2 minutes ago

Elway offered no comment when asked if this complex migraine was at all related to Kubiak's stroke episode three years ago.

Elway: Kubiak's family was "very relieved" with the news and diagnosis.

Elway: "Everybody on the staff could have taken it (interim job), that's how good we feel about our staff."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 58s58 seconds ago

Elway asked if Kubiak felt he could coach this week. "We didn't give him a chance."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 42s43 seconds ago

Elway said the decision to have an interim coach this week wasn't affected by Thursday night's game, because doctors said Kub needed a week

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33s34 seconds ago

Elway: "The doctors said a week. They were firm." Kubiak will undergo further tests to try to figure out the cause.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25s25 seconds ago

Elway: "I was more concerned as a friend." He said he talked w/ Kubiak before the game, and the coach "wasn't feeling well."

wayninja
10-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm not buying the migraine crap.

His medical issues are none of our business, but no one takes a week off work because of a migraine.

Hell, TD was Super Bowl MVP with an effing migraine.

I completely agree. Complex Migraine is code for "none of your business, but serious shit".

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 03:20 PM

Elway: "Sometimes these situations are bad, but something really good comes out of it."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Elway said information they received makes them positive that Kubiak can continue coaching.. Obviously a concerning scare. #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 54s55 seconds ago

DeCamillis: "We've got a great staff, and Kubes set a template for us." Said it's "seamless" because Kubiak is not a micromanager.

NightTerror218
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
I do believe terrel davis had migraines that he could not see and missed time due towards them.

Did they lead to the early retirement?

Jaws
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
My medical knowledge is very limited but according to the link below about complex migraines they are :

"Migraines strong enough to cause arterial spasms can lead to stroke"

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120516/Dangerous-complex-migraines-linked-to-high-risk-for-stroke.aspx

So if that's correct, then by all means take the whole week off!

spikerman
10-10-2016, 03:25 PM
My medical knowledge is very limited but according to the link below, complex migraines are :

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120516/Dangerous-complex-migraines-linked-to-high-risk-for-stroke.aspx

Wow! With his history he may need to determine if continuing to coach is worth it. It's some scary "stuff" that this can lead to strokes, something he's already had. I want him as the HC, but not at the expense of his health. Some things are way more important than football.

weazel
10-10-2016, 03:29 PM
complex migraine = stroke

VonDoom
10-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Wow! With his history he may need to determine if continuing to coach is worth it. It's some scary "stuff" that this can lead to strokes, something he's already had. I want him as the HC, but not at the expense of his health. Some things are way more important than football.

I agree, though there's an Elway quote in here somewhere that says all the information they've gotten says that it shouldn't effect his ability to coach going forward. So there's that. I'm actually surprised more coaches don't suffer physical problems on the job - it's a long, constant, stressful job that would wear anyone out.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 03:57 PM
He could be under observation with his history.

Nailed the hot take - DeCamillis it is. Glad to hear Kubes is back Monday.

You did nail the hot take! Good job!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2016, 03:58 PM
With a "complex migraine" symptoms can include weakness, loss of vision, or difficulty speaking in addition to a headache – often mimicking a stroke.
In the video below David Dodick, M.D., neurologist, Mayo Clinic in Arizona, explains the symptoms, triggers and treatment for complex migraines. A nationally recognized expert on headaches, Dr. Dodick is the president of the American Headache Society, Editor-in-Chief of Cephalalgia, Director and Founder of the Headache Program and Headache Fellowship Program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona. He is also the Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Concussion Program.

rest - with video of the doctor speaking - http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/complex-migraine

With this article stating that the symptoms of a complex migraine often mimicking a stroke, I would imagine that is why Kubes was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

AND

Elway said Kubiak hadn’t been feeling well before Sunday’s game, and got very lethargic after the game ended.

According to the Broncos, Kubiak underwent precautionary tests while hospitalized, including a magnetic resonance imaging scan and computerized tomography (CT) scan. Both returned normal results, but he is expected to undergo further testing to determine the cause of the migraine and any potential triggers.

“(Doctors) thought the prognosis for him was very, very good,” said Elway, who visited Kubiak in hospital on Sunday and spoke with him against Monday. “He’s going to have this week off. He’s going to be back on Monday, but he’s going to take this week and take care of some of those issues and find out if there are some different triggers or what not. But when it comes down to Gary’s health, everyone’s excited about what the prognosis is.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/10/gary-kubiak-hospitalized-overnight-denver-broncos/

slim
10-10-2016, 04:10 PM
My medical knowledge is very limited but according to the link below about complex migraines they are :

Take two!

No reason to put yourself in harms way over a football game.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I do believe terrel davis had migraines that he could not see and missed time due towards them.

Did they lead to the early retirement?

No. I think it was the knee.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Whether or not a "complex migraine" constitutes a stroke isn't my #1 concern right now, its confirmation that Kubes is doing it to himself again. Too much work and not enough rest is, according to my mom, going to kill him if he keeps doing this. She said that the best thing the Broncos could do is fire him in order to save his life. Unfortunately, if the Broncos did, we would be quickly hired by another team.

Bottom line, Kubes needs to make better choices when it comes to his physical health.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Whether or not a "complex migraine" constitutes a stroke isn't my #1 concern right now, its confirmation that Kubes is doing it to himself again. Too much work and not enough rest is, according to my mom, going to kill him if he keeps doing this. She said that the best thing the Broncos could do is fire him in order to save his life. Unfortunately, if the Broncos did, we would be quickly hired by another team.

Bottom line, Kubes needs to make better choices when it comes to his physical health.

This is a ridiculous post. You have zero idea what Kubes is doing about his health. This migraine could be completely unrelated to any other health issues he's had.

LawDog
10-10-2016, 10:49 PM
This is a ridiculous post. You have zero idea what Kubes is doing about his health. This migraine could be completely unrelated to any other health issues he's had.

But, his mom... never mind.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 10:50 PM

Um, a previous post of your's is the basis for my post:

Broncos Statement:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statement-from-the-Denver-Broncos-on-Head-Coach-Gary-Kubiak/0f1d8e5a-de9b-4086-aad8-36c2db3f0621#9sports

Simple Jaded
10-10-2016, 10:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Kubiak is probably my favorite coach in Broncos history but it looks like it might be time to go.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 10:53 PM
Um, a previous post of your's is the basis for my post:

And your mom knows for a fact that his lifestyle choices led to that?

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 10:54 PM
But, his mom... never mind.

...is a retired LPN who know more then anyone else who has posted in this tread on this subject. There's also another member who's wife is a nurse, so she is qualified to question my mom medical issues, but not either of you 2.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 10:56 PM
And your mom knows for a fact that his lifestyle choices led to that?

How many post have been made in this thread already that talks about Kubes workaholic track record, and your just now jumping on me for making the exact same assessment that at least another half dozen member have already made? Why?

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 10:58 PM
How many post have been made in this thread already that talks about Kubes workaholic track record, and your just now jumping on me for making the exact same assessment that at least another half dozen member have already made? Why?

His own doctors say he will be fine in a week and that nothing serious is wrong with him. But what do they know, right?

wayninja
10-10-2016, 10:58 PM

Yeah, but it's all speculation. The only one taking it as proof of something is you.

You could be right, you could be wrong. Probably best to couch it that way.

Actually, scratch all that. I spoke with my Mom, and she said your Mom is wrong.

There. That feels right.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:00 PM
His own doctors say he will be fine in a week and that nothing serious is wrong with him. But what do they know, right?

You didn't answer my question, why are you now jumping on me and me alone for something that at least a half a dozen other members have already stated?

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:04 PM
You didn't answer my question, why are you now jumping on me and me alone for something that at least a half a dozen other members have already stated?

Because you are using words like "confirmed" and "we should fire him to save his life". That's a lot more than simply speculating on what might be going on. You're acting like you know for a fact that he's making poor health choices, when you really have no idea at all.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:09 PM
I just asked my fiancee who will be a neurologist in 6 months and she said complex migraines aren't much different than regular migraines other than they show symptoms of things that look more serious. She said even for someone of his age who has had a stroke it's not really anything to worry about life or death wise.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:15 PM
I spoke with the meth head who begs for change outside the liquor store and he said that there is something important buried in the sewer and that the government is using it to manipulate major frozen yogurt sales data.

So. Take that for what it's worth.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Because you are using words like "confirmed" and "we should fire him to save his life". That's a lot more than simply speculating on what might be going on. You're acting like you know for a fact that he's making poor health choices, when you really have no idea at all.

"confirmed" Yes, it was confirmed what most everyone was speculating since news broke, it was confirmed that his condition was cause by exhaustion, just like before. According to your own post, whether or not it was a stroke, it was caused by exhaustion. That was the bottom line speculation as to why he fell ill, and it was confirmed that it was in deed that it was the cause.

"we should fire him to save his life" Yes, that is what my retired LPN mom said. My response to her, “if the Broncos did, he would be quickly hired by another team.” At the end, we agreed that, “Kubes needs to make better choices when it comes to his physical health.”

This conclusion is based on him going to the hospital for the 2nd time in 4 years for conditions that were caused by exhaustion. At least a half a dozen member have come to this same conclusion.

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:22 PM
"confirmed" Yes, it was confirmed what most everyone was speculating since news broke, it was confirmed that his condition was cause by exhaustion, just like before. According to your own post, whether or not it was a stroke, it was caused by exhaustion. That was the bottom line speculation as to why he fell ill, and it was confirmed that it was in deed that it was the cause.

"we should fire him to save his life" Yes, that is what my retired LPN mom said. My response to her, “if the Broncos did, he would be quickly hired by another team.” At the end, we agreed that, “Kubes needs to make better choices when it comes to his physical health.”

This conclusion is based on him going to the hospital for the 2nd time in 4 years for conditions that were caused by exhaustion. At least a half a dozen member have come to this same conclusion.

You probably just need to re-read it. You have the cause and effect mixed up. According to the statement, the migraine caused exhaustion. Not the other way around.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:23 PM
I just asked my fiancee who will be a neurologist in 6 months and she said complex migraines aren't much different than regular migraines other than they show symptoms of things that look more serious. She said even for someone of his age who has had a stroke it's not really anything to worry about life or death wise.

So she's at the beginning of her career, good for her taking the time necessary to learn all the book knowledge. My mom may not have the neurology specific training that she does, but there a lot that you don't learn in the books, but that you do learn from actually treating patients who have had strokes.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Well 6 people on a Broncos message board who aren't doctors must know exactly what he should do with his health!

MOtorboat
10-10-2016, 11:24 PM
I spoke with the meth head who begs for change outside the liquor store and he said that there is something important buried in the sewer and that the government is using it to manipulate major frozen yogurt sales data.

This post is amazing.

Be well, Gary!

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:25 PM
So she's at the beginning of her career, good for her taking the time necessary to learn all the book knowledge. My mom may not have the neurology specific training that she does, but there a lot that you don't learn in the books, but that you do learn from actually treating patients who have had strokes.

Look, neither my fiancee or your mom actually have treated Kubiak, so it would be irresponsible for either to claim they know exactly what is going on with his health.

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:26 PM

:lol: ok you win

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:29 PM
You probably just need to re-read it. You have the cause and effect mixed up. According to the statement, the migraine caused exhaustion. Not the other way around.

...his condition was cause by exhaustion, just like before.

...it was caused by exhaustion.

...it was in deed that it was the cause.

Are you sure you read it right?

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Are you sure you read it right?

Well, you already quoted the statement, but I guess i can do it again...

Kubiak was diagnosed with a complex migraine condition that caused extreme fatigue and body weakness.

So, yeah?

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Look, neither my fiancee or your mom actually have treated Kubiak, so it would be irresponsible for either to claim they know exactly what is going on with his health.

True, but my mom has treated people who have had strokes, so she can tell you from both personal and professional experience what the short term and long term effects have having a stroke is. Based on that, if she was in a position to advise Kubes, she would be qualified to give him everything she told me.

FanInAZ
10-10-2016, 11:47 PM
Well, you already quoted the statement, but I guess i can do it again...

So, yeah?

Oops, I guess I miss read that. If Wave had been basing his argument on that, then this exchange might not have happened. However, when you look at what causes migraines, you do come across something that Kubes has a track record with and so showing that my mom & my assessment isn't as outrageous as Wave claims:

Stress. Stress at work or home can cause migraines.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/migraine-headache/symptoms-causes/dxc-20202434

wayninja
10-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Ugh.

Ok, let's do this shit then.

Migraines can also be caused by masturbating too often. So clearly Gary needs to lay off the wood, for his own health.

https://migraine.com/migraine-triggers/sexual-activity/

Did I do this right?

Hawgdriver
10-10-2016, 11:51 PM
These get to be some damn bickery forums after a loss. Get a win, Broncos!

BroncoWave
10-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Oops, I guess I miss read that. If Wave had been basing his argument on that, then this exchange might not have happened. However, when you look at what causes migraines, you do come across something that Kubes has a track record with and so showing that my mom & my assessment isn't as outrageous as Wave claims:

I didn't necessarily say her assessment was outrageous. Just your assertion that it "confirms" anything or means he should definitely be fired to save him from himself. Just a little over the top IMO.

JPPT1974
10-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Wishing for a speedy recovery as well as a win against the Chargers on Thursday night!

Simple Jaded
10-11-2016, 12:00 AM
I have no idea what Kubiak's Dr told him.

Here's how I understand it, his transient stroke could have been triggered by this kind of migraine, the brain starts to spasm and it could lead to that. "It's plausible". But 99 times out of a 100 a stroke is a blood vessel.

It's far more likely that this migraine mimicked the symptoms of a stroke.

But here's the thing, however unlikely all these things are on the table, and with Kubiak's history There's a likelihood that whatever this was it isn't a one-off incident. I'm sure he's over-worked, I'm sure he's stressed, I'm sure he's lacking sleep, I'm sure his diet suffers. He's probably got high blood pressure. I'm sure it's plausible that this could lead to more migraines and even more than just a migraine, as if the migraine he just suffered wasn't reason enough to consider a lifestyle change.

Even if all these Dr's feel good about their diagnosis Kubiak and his family may have some decisions to make.

This is the best I could do trying to keep up with three nurses going through about 80 years of combined mental Rolodex.

Take it for what it's worth...or mock it. Who cares?

FanInAZ
10-11-2016, 12:06 AM
I didn't necessarily say her assessment was outrageous. Just your assertion that it "confirms" anything or means he should definitely be fired to save him from himself. Just a little over the top IMO.

As I admitted in my previous post, I did miss read the article when I stated that it was confirmed. However, when understand that migraines are a symptom, not a cause, than you go on to look at what causes migraines. When you do, you find something on the list that Kubes has a track record of that still leads you to at least be concerned that he’s still doing the same thing that he did in Houston.

As far as him being fired, as I stated before, that was my mom’s opinion. You might call it an occupational hazard of those who are healthcare professionals. Let me know what your wife advises you to do should you be faced with a similar decision as to whether or not you should keep a job that is causing you health issues.

wayninja
10-11-2016, 12:09 AM
Take it for what it's worth...or mock it. Who cares?

Hmm... I wonder which I'll do???

Choices, choices.

Naw, I kid. Honestly, all of us here just want Gary to get better. Ultimately the choices aren't ours to make, so hopefully he listens to his doctors and his own body and makes an appropriate choice. I have no reason to believe he'll do otherwise.

No matter what choice he makes, I'm betting he won't live forever. I have a cousin who is a nurse who says that's very unlikely.

BroncoWave
10-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Hmm... I wonder which I'll do???

Choices, choices.

Naw, I kid. Honestly, all of us here just want Gary to get better. Ultimately the choices aren't ours to make, so hopefully he listens to his doctors and his own body and makes an appropriate choice. I have no reason to believe he'll do otherwise.

No matter what choice he makes, I'm betting he won't live forever. I have a cousin who is a nurse who says that's very unlikely.

But what did the meth head on the corner say?

wayninja
10-11-2016, 12:13 AM
But what did the meth head on the corner say?

He disagreed with my cousin. But he's been homeless far longer than she's been a nurse, so he probably knows what he's talking about.

Joel
10-11-2016, 01:50 AM
:( Get well soon, coach. And not just because you're the best thing to happen to this franchise since Elway (ironic, that.) Houston Proud, man.

Jaws
10-11-2016, 02:18 AM

Awfully difficult when you're so young to walk away from what you love.
It could also be just as stressful twiddling your fingers at home being away from that and waiting on the next job. Not to mention that a new job is even more stressful until you get used to it.

Jaws
10-11-2016, 02:22 AM
...is a retired LPN who know more then anyone else who has posted in this tread on this subject. There's also another member who's wife is a nurse, so she is qualified to question my mom medical issues, but not either of you 2.

To be fair, medical knowledge or not, none of us is Kubiak's personal medic so we cannot know what or what he has not done. We are not in possession of the full facts and therefore not in a position to say what he or the Broncos organisation should do.

Tned
10-11-2016, 08:50 AM
As I admitted in my previous post, I did miss read the article when I stated that it was confirmed. However, when understand that migraines are a symptom, not a cause, than you go on to look at what causes migraines. When you do, you find something on the list that Kubes has a track record of that still leads you to at least be concerned that he’s still doing the same thing that he did in Houston.

As far as him being fired, as I stated before, that was my mom’s opinion. You might call it an occupational hazard of those who are healthcare professionals. Let me know what your wife advises you to do should you be faced with a similar decision as to whether or not you should keep a job that is causing you health issues.

It's impossible to make a differential diagnoses based on a few press clippings. I'm sure your mother is a very good nurse, but what she is doing is taking a wild ass guess as to what his issues are, the causes are, and what steps he needs to do to reduce his risk.

Tned
10-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Also, while I think people have been throwing stroke around left and right in terms of what happened in Texas, as I recall it was a TIA. In the case of both TIA's and this complex or complicated migraine, they are diagnosed more by what they aren't, along with the symptoms, then what they are.

So, if he really did suffer from a severe migraine that had a stroke like symptoms on Sunday, it's very possible that what he suffered a few years ago in Texas was the same. In the same way that if he really suffered a TIA in Texas, you have to wonder if he really had another TIA this past Sunday.

Neither the migraine or TIA is going to show up on a MRI or CAT, because they don't actually damage the brain or leave any damage that lasts.

If they were migraine episodes, it's possible something other then stress and exhaustion is the trigger. Headaches, migraine and otherwise, often have triggers (scents, light, foods, stress, etc.) that initiate the episode. What's been reported is that they are doing some tests this week to see if they can identify triggers. Now, that could be complete horse pucky and a lie to throw the media off the scent, but if they really are trying to determine triggers, that "indicates" a belief that it really was a migraine and that they don't know what actually triggered/caused it.

All of that said, just to reiterate, that none of us, nor a nurse at home or doctor at home, reading a couple press clippings, can make a proper diagnoses as to what his health issues are and what they are caused by.

Tned
10-11-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm also listening to 104.3 and Klis is on right now. He said that his son has twice been hit by complex migraines and both times it involved an ambulance ride and three days of being totally wiped out before being able to start to function like normal.

Hawgdriver
10-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Kubes is the grit. Get well, boss.

slim
10-11-2016, 10:26 AM
These get to be some damn bickery forums after a loss. Get a win, Broncos!

Or after a win if BTB is around.

NightTerror218
10-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Not sure what brought on the migraines but kubes needs to take it easy. Good thing he gives a lot of responsibility to his coordinators. But he needs to look outbl for himself.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Not sure what brought on the migraines but kubes needs to take it easy. Good thing he gives a lot of responsibility to his coordinators. But he needs to look outbl for himself.

F that! We need another Championship!

j/k

Jaws
10-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Call me a hippy, I hope he's into Mindfulness or somebody guides him along that path.
There are some studies that suggest that those who are at risk of TIA have reduced incidence of these attacks if they regularly practice.

dogfish
10-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Call me a hippy, I hope he's into Mindfulness or somebody guides him along that path.
There are some studies that suggest that those who are at risk of TIA have reduced incidence of these attacks if they regularly practice.

hippy!!

:hahaha:

:welcome:

Jaws
10-12-2016, 12:41 AM
hippy!!

:hahaha:

:welcome:

You should put yourself forward as the Denver Broncos Mindfulness and Hippy practices coach :)

slim
10-12-2016, 12:04 PM
What the heck is mindfulness?

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2016, 12:10 PM

Forgive Slim, he's an accountant, and as such grounds himself in things that can be quantified in columns of hard and concrete numbers. It's a soulless and dark existence.

dogfish
10-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Forgive Slim, he's an accountant, and as such grounds himself in things that can be quantified in columns of hard and concrete numbers. It's a soulless and dark existence.

says the guy who sells insurance. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-12-2016, 05:33 PM
says the guy who sells insurance. . .

Insurance salesmen are ok; adjusters are another story....

slim
10-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Insurance salesmen are ok; adjusters are another story....

Am I right or am I right or am I right....

Simple Jaded
10-12-2016, 10:43 PM

Clearly, it's a hippy thing.

wayninja
10-13-2016, 12:49 AM

I think it's when you are careful to avoid scratching your rims when you hit a pedestrian?

Or maybe leaving cab fare on the nightstand?

dogfish
10-13-2016, 03:39 PM
You should put yourself forward as the Denver Broncos Mindfulness and Hippy practices coach :)

i think buff would be perfect for the position. . .

i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure it involves crystals. . .

slim
10-13-2016, 04:54 PM

Sounds super cool.

Tned
10-13-2016, 05:38 PM

The only position Buff would be good at frightens me.

wayninja
10-13-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm guessing no one is going to offer the game ball to kubes.

tomjonesrocks
10-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Was going to say good thing Wade dedicated this game to Kubiak...

Hard to say what difference it makes but it seems like he's good at that gut check speech.

spikerman
10-14-2016, 05:37 AM
I'm guessing no one is going to offer the game ball to kubes.

Maybe Mike McCoy.

Hawgdriver
10-16-2016, 09:21 PM

Is this how you mindfulness?

oTkBZ93z3P0

Lynch12
10-17-2016, 07:12 AM
So is kubiak back next week?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2016, 07:57 AM
So is kubiak back next week?
Yes

BroncoJoe
10-17-2016, 08:10 AM
Today is his first day back in the office.

Lynch12
10-17-2016, 08:30 AM
Yes

Good hopefully after getting a chance to see the poor play from the TV he has some new tricks and adjustments under his sleeve. We need to boujce back in the worst way, especially since the raiders showed themselves to be a fraud imo.